Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Has anyone else noticed that Jinger, while "serving others in God's name" or whatever on their mission trip, is still doing the heavy eyeliner every day? 

Talk about priorities.

Yup. No shortage of eyeliner in El Salvador. The liner really brings out her BLUE eyes. I don't think the Duggars have any brown-eyed kids, although Jessa and a couple of the boys are hazel. Lots of recessive genes floating around that pool. 

• Love 1

Fundie matchmaking is always open so she always has to look her best in case a gentleman comes a calling to Boob wanting to court her.

Ugh, if that doesn't feel like prostitution at times, I don't know what does.  "Always look your best girls!  You never know when a customer-I mean, future spouse might purpose to come by"

• Love 2

Does Jinger wear contacts? Because I swear sometimes her eyes look brown. Or is it just because I've been let out of the pprayer closet too long?

Depending on the lighting, blue eyes can look brown when the pupils dilate. That's likely why you thought Jinger had brown eyes. If I'm not mistaken, all the Duggar kids are blue-eyed.

Depending on the lighting, blue eyes can look brown when the pupils dilate. That's likely why you thought Jinger had brown eyes. If I'm not mistaken, all the Duggar kids are blue-eyed.

That makes sense. But that sounds like science, which my big book of Jim Bob says is outlawed.

(Haha, thanks for that. I thought I was losing what's left of my mind.)

That makes sense. But that sounds like science, which my big book of Jim Bob says is outlawed.

(Haha, thanks for that. I thought I was losing what's left of my mind.)

What about that nice looking young man, Skylar for Jinger who was helping Joshie paint and put up the bunk beds last year at Thanksgiving? He is nearer to Jinger's age and he would get her to a big city like DC. I think Jim Bob could get on the stick with that one, too, but he had better work even harder for poor Jana; she's near 25 now and should be his first priority in the daddy-in-law department.JMHO

Does Jana have to have a chaparone even though she is a grown woman? Seriously, that rule should not apply to the older adult children. Right there would be a reason to not want to date, can you imagine? And most guys her age are certainly not virgins. A 25+ year man these days has most likely dated, messed around, experiment etc... do they have a secret virgin cabbage patch they choose a mate from? Poor Jana

• Love 1

Does Jana have to have a chaparone even though she is a grown woman? Seriously, that rule should not apply to the older adult children. Right there would be a reason to not want to date, can you imagine? And most guys her age are certainly not virgins. A 25+ year man these days has most likely dated, messed around, experiment etc... do they have a secret virgin cabbage patch they choose a mate from? Poor Jana

I think the cabbage patch is ATI headquarters.

My daughter is Jinger's twin. People tell her that all the time. My daughter always replies with, I'm her evil twin who broke free lol. .. I hope she pursues opportunities beyond baby mama maker, Most 21 yr old women want to experience life.

Too bad your daughter & Jinger couldn't switch places (unbeknownst to the Duggars). Think of all the scoop she could get. Maybe enough to write a book "The Evil Twin Breaks Away aka The Memoirs of Jinger".

My daughter is Jinger's twin. People tell her that all the time. My daughter always replies with, I'm her evil twin who broke free lol. .. I hope she pursues opportunities beyond baby mama maker, Most 21 yr old women want to experience life.

So that's the reason for your nic. I'm glad there really is a free Jinger. 

Anyone watch the Christmas video they put on YouTube? They showed Jana setting at that desk just inside the side entrance of the house -- it's set up in such a way as to give it the vibe of a cubicle or a private office, but it looked so cramped in there and the Jana popped up from behind the desk. With a house so large, why exactly do they need a desk/filing cabinets and whatever that other furniture was to be cramped into an area which would be a mudroom/tiny lobby entrance in most other houses.

Jana said she was sending out Christmas cards -- I'm assuming to their admirers who send them gifts etc. and I'm guessing maybe also to the other fundie families they see on occasion like the Bates, Paines, and now the Kellers, Dillards, Seewalds etc. Does anyone know if this is another one of Jana's tasks? I could see how it makes sense to give it to one of the older girls -- better handwriting and they'd write something appropriate, whereas the boys in that house cannot be trusted with such things. But doesn't Jana do enough re the raising of the 15 siblings still at home that now Christmas cards are her jurisdiction too??

• Love 1

They are clearly aware of these boards, and there is often some attempt at addressing the issues raised (e.g. J'chelle spending time with some of the children), but they really don't seem to care about the Cinder-Jana thing that people are snarking about. 

I just don't understand what J'chelle does all day, and why she doesn't at least appear to do anything. A woman who has no job, doesn't cook, or clean, or care for her own children should be able to find some time to address some Christmas cards.

• Love 1

They are clearly aware of these boards, and there is often some attempt at addressing the issues raised (e.g. J'chelle spending time with some of the children), but they really don't seem to care about the Cinder-Jana thing that people are snarking about. 

I just don't understand what J'chelle does all day, and why she doesn't at least appear to do anything. A woman who has no job, doesn't cook, or clean, or care for her own children should be able to find some time to address some Christmas cards.

Remember she is THE scheduler & appointment maker for the family. (Or so she claimed on episode where Jenny got glasses) How would she ever find time to do anything else?

Why couldn't Michelle schedule some time for herself to write out their Christmas cards? Instead, she was playing with craft paint like the 4 little girls would have enjoyed doing.

Looks to me like Jana would excel in any career choice she made. She would make an excellent administrative assistant in a professional office. Such a shame that she will never be given the opportunity to be one. Selfish of her parents.

• Love 3

I was really surprised in that video to see what looks like a long timeline on the wall. That's a pretty common homeschool tool, we use one, but requires actual teaching. I got the impression that everything they do for school is online. 

I was really surprised in that video to see what looks like a long timeline on the wall. That's a pretty common homeschool tool, we use one, but requires actual teaching. I got the impression that everything they do for school is online. 

That's a "history of the world" timeline - all Biblically-based, of course. 

• Love 1

Actually, writing the Christmas cards is probably a treat for Jana.  Gets her away from howler chaos and kitchen drudgery.  She gets a little peace and quiet which is in short supply in that house.  And maybe she has some private time to text friends or cruise the Internet.

• Love 2

Does anyone think that Jana has had so much "spunk" knocked out of her that she is maybe depressed, or repressed, and can't seem to get herself out of it?  She has a pretty smile, but seems kind of vacant.  I would guess that overwork, or unappreciated work, or boring work, combined with the lack of spunk, or opportunities for any kind of mental stimulation (forget physical!) could  put one in a big funk.

• Love 6

lookeyloo: Yes, I agree with you that that is quite possible. Her smile is "there" but vacant IMO and she has come across to me as being depressed, "beat down" (figuratively" and doesn't have much ambition, hope or happiness for her own future, as she isn't allowed to have her own future in the first place. I'd be depressed too.

• Love 2

Does anyone think that Jana has had so much "spunk" knocked out of her that she is maybe depressed, or repressed, and can't seem to get herself out of it?  She has a pretty smile, but seems kind of vacant.  I would guess that overwork, or unappreciated work, or boring work, combined with the lack of spunk, or opportunities for any kind of mental stimulation (forget physical!) could  put one in a big funk.

You must be new here :-). Welcome aboard. Jana seeming sad and defeated increases more and more each season. 

lookeyloo: Yes, I agree with you that that is quite possible. Her smile is "there" but vacant IMO and she has come across to me as being depressed, "beat down" (figuratively" and doesn't have much ambition, hope or happiness for her own future, as she isn't allowed to have her own future in the first place. I'd be depressed too. 

I definitely get the "beaten into submission" vibe from Jana as well.  Resigned to her fate, helpless to do anything about it and too tired to even try. If she ever has a breakdown like Mechelle's, they [boob and Mechelle] are in big trouble. Or more correctly, I guess Jinger and Joy are...

• Love 2

It breaks my heart to see Jana carrying the baby (?Jackson) out of the house in the carrier/car seat with what looks like the diaper bag slung over her arm when they went to get the tree. I'm sure she had to pack the bag too. What is that girl made of? She sewed prairie outfits for her sisters & I'm sure she still had her jurisdictions to do.

Yeah those prairie outfits were something else.

Jana is all kinds of wonderful -- I just hate to see her all used up for the Duggar's self serving ways. I have to believe there's something (or someone) wonderful for her around the corner. She reminds me of the character Fanny in Jane Austen's novel, Mansfield Park.

• Love 2

I just moved several posts that were exclusively about Jim Bob and Michelle (and not really about Jana at all) to that thread. Please try to restrict comments about other family members here to things that pertain to their relationship with or treatment of Jana.  Thanks.

• Love 1

I think Jana's spirit was broken long ago.  Considering her parents followed "To Train up a Child", and blanket training, she is probably the child they're most proud of.  It's an accomplishment to beat down every last spark of spirit in your child!

• Love 3

She's the prettiest of the bunch but i sense her life will be spent at the homestead. She reminds me of a cousin of mine who never left home. Cared for siblings and then sick elderly parents. ..loved all our babies but almost childlike. Never seemed to grow into a woman if that makes sense? Jana makes me very sad.

Edited by MarysWetBar

First thing I thought of when I saw that picture of Boob/Michelle out on a group "date" with their married kiddos was "poor Jana, stuck at home".

And yeah it seems like she has accepted that the next 15+ years will be raising her siblings and then she'll then start on her elder care for Boob/Michelle.   Sad, sad, sad.

• Love 1

First thing I thought of when I saw that picture of Boob/Michelle out on a group "date" with their married kiddos was "poor Jana, stuck at home".

And yeah it seems like she has accepted that the next 15+ years will be raising her siblings and then she'll then start on her elder care for Boob/Michelle.   Sad, sad, sad.

I really hope this is not Jana's fate. What a life. I do think she's unhappy and has been for some time, and it doesn't help that Jessa and Jill are gone so the workload had to be redistributed twice.

• Love 1

At a certain age does Jana not have to be chaperoned? Assuming she does not want to get married? Although I don't know what she is doing with herself...

I was wondering the same thing. I mean, can she ever just go to Starbucks, have coffee and read a book or do they still have to travel in pairs? I also want to know what was truly going through her mind when everyone left to go on their quadruple date and left her at home to watch the kids. I'm guessing the same thing that was going through her mind when Jill asked her to sew nine bridesmaid dresses.

• Love 1

I was wondering the same thing. I mean, can she ever just go to Starbucks, have coffee and read a book or do they still have to travel in pairs? I also want to know what was truly going through her mind when everyone left to go on their quadruple date and left her at home to watch the kids. I'm guessing the same thing that was going through her mind when Jill asked her to sew nine bridesmaid dresses.

A long string of curse words is my bet.

I was wondering the same thing. I mean, can she ever just go to Starbucks, have coffee and read a book or do they still have to travel in pairs? I also want to know what was truly going through her mind when everyone left to go on their quadruple date and left her at home to watch the kids. I'm guessing the same thing that was going through her mind when Jill asked her to sew nine bridesmaid dresses.

Somehow I definitely get the vibe that Jill told Jana to sew nine bridesmaid dresses...

• Love 5

In a very tragic way Jana reminds me of Antigone. In one of the versions after Oedipus finds out he married his mother he blinds himself and sends himself into exile making Antigone go with him to take care of him because blind. She just has to forget ever having a life of her own and has to take care of her father instead because of the stupid choices he made and she totally goes along with it.

In the same way (well without the incest) Jana is paying the price for her parents' choices. Sacrificing the living of her life out of a sense of duty to her parents.

• Love 8

In the same way (well without the incest) Jana is paying the price for her parents' choices. Sacrificing the living of her life out of a sense of duty to her parents.

I agree and I think Michelle has been very slick in creating a situation where Jana would feel too guilty to ever leave her younger siblings.

• Love 3

I'm wondering if Jana doesn't find anyone that as soon as Josie hits her teen years she'll just up and leave. The youngest is now old enough to not be watched and maybe most of the others are gone, so she'll see her chance and just leave one day and not go back. 

I found myself wondering earlier (and felt horrible for it because as much as I don't like JB & ME-Chelle I don't actively wish them harm), what would happen within the family if the parents both met with a tragic accident or something, leaving 19 orphans. Would the older kids step into the parental shoes and continue as much as they could with business as usual, or would at least some of them take that sudden freedom and run with it, maybe taking some of the young'uns along?

This maybe belongs more in the prayer closet, but since it was mostly Jana's plight which led to the thought, I'm keeping the question here for the moment.

I'm wondering if Jana doesn't find anyone that as soon as Josie hits her teen years she'll just up and leave. The youngest is now old enough to not be watched and maybe most of the others are gone, so she'll see her chance and just leave one day and not go back. 

That would be great if she had the strength to do that.  She seems so submissive on screen - maybe there is more to her when the cameras are off.  She really seems to have no skills for planning an escape, a funding source, friendly place to take her in, etc.  The longer she stays the more she becomes "institutionalized" to her situation, if that makes sense.  Maybe off camera she asserts herself.  

• Love 4