Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: A Slippery Slope

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Yes! I was upset at the entire group. None of those women would have been cool if a man had done that. 

I am not sure they expected her to just grab him and kiss him. Played this game in a bar with a bunch of friends one night and that was the dare (per usual). Go find a random guy and kiss him. The expectation was that you would ask him first. Tell him you were dared to do it and ask if he was game to play. No one expected for anyone to just grab a dude. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Wendy said:

Randomly? 

Maybe it is just me but part of my morning routine includes to check the Daily Mail, Previously TV and all kind of gossip rags, Page Six among them. 

I have them on an RSS feed on my iPhone (Newsify is awesome).  It is an interesting mix of WaPo, CNN, and Celebitchy.  LOL. 

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Ramona said she was in her 40s!

Ramona hasn't seen her 40's since the 1990's.  LOL.

I need someone to make a gif of Sonja reenacting the B conversation about Mexico. 
"Mexico?" "Chimichangas!"

• Love 16
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

Maybe I'm overreacting here but I was disturbed by Sonja forcing herself on that male chef. Imagine if it had been a group of men having dinner and one of them grabbed and tried to kiss a woman. I wasn't amused.

F you're overreacting, then I am, too.  That scene seriously bothered me. It was wrong, wrong, wrong and not a bit funny. 

• Love 24
1 minute ago, diadochokinesis said:

I have them on an RSS feed on my iPhone (Newsify is awesome).  It is an interesting mix of WaPo, CNN, and Celebitchy.  LOL. 

Me too. The first thing I thought was that I was surprised the others didn't have these feeds as well, but then I remembered who we were talking about and realized Carole would probably be the only one keeping up with the news of the day. 

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I am not sure they expected her to just grab him and kiss him. Played this game in a bar with a bunch of friends one night and that was the dare (per usual). Go find a random guy and kiss him. The expectation was that you would ask him first. Tell him you were dared to do it and ask if he was game to play. No one expected for anyone to just grab a dude. 

I've never played that before.  It makes more sense now. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Leroux said:

Luann, "I have a husband" 

We KNOW Luann, we KNOW!!

When did Luann get married?  

1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

And Ramona saying "Bethenny's treating us like we're Juniors in high school, not women in their forties..." *Forties*? 

She is one year older than me and I am 59.  And the only babies I have are grandbabies.

1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Ramona should have just hung a sign around her neck "40 yo woman looking to get lucky". She's pathetic and delusional.

I would have much rather hung with Dorito and Carole in the lodge and had hot chocolate.

Except she's 60.  She is an embarrassment.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I've never played that before.  It makes more sense now. 

The poor guy did look a bit shocked. Probably wasn't expecting that when he came to work that day. I hope Bravo paid those guys well. 

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, the killer said:

Jason is watching MMA and drinking beer.

Jason pours over these episodes hoping Bethany does something he can use against her. 

5 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The poor guy did look a bit shocked. Probably wasn't expecting that when he came to work that day. I hope Bravo paid those guys well. 

And what if they are married or in a relationship? Everything about that dare ticked me off. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ladle said:

Real question: Could what Sonja did with the chef legally be classified as assault?

Yep.  I remember in college when I was taking a first aid class as an elective that we were taught to always ask before ever administering first aid to a person. If we touched them (even to administer first aid) then they could get us arrested for assault. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Or, she's through a lot of the really rough stuff she had to deal with, her therapy is starting to take, and more of us (not mentioning any names, but glancing, definitely glancing!) will go back to remembering why we liked her in the first place?

I'm going with that!

I doubt that.  There's more than one side to a story.  It's been a long time to go back to why people liked her in the first place.  Too much has been seen and written. 

• Love 13

Maybe Ramona is doing some fuzzy math.  She's 60 but her breast implants are only 2 or 3 years old so that bumps it down to 57. Her hair came from a 20 year old college kid thinking it was going to women with cancer so that gets her to 37.  Her face is fairly new (like 1 year?) so that takes her to 36.  Hence, Ramona is 36. 

• Love 24

Ramona's breakfast looked very nice and certainly better than anything Chef Adam has put together on the current season of Below Deck: Mediterranean.

52 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I was waiting for Bethenny to say...(Luann - does it look like I transitioned?) Yes, it does you dumb drag queen.

LuAnn: Do I look like I've transitioned to you?

Carole: ummm....

Dorinda: ......

Carole: Should I mention the Caitlyn Jenner photoshoot? Probably not. Ummmm....

LuAnn: Well! Is she talking about a partouze?

Me: Is there a lot of transitioning during an orgy? I've never been to one. Do they have a speed dating bell to get people to switch partners?

• Love 13

This is totally one of the more fun eps I've watched, and perhaps because a) Beth was pretty mellow and b) (save the forced kiss) everything was fairly lighthearted. 

I'm gonna need GIFs of Luann doing the "crazy" gesture behind Sonja, as well as the closeup of the butter (just because it was so random). Doris also said something super funny under her breath that I can't remember at the moment... I'll catch it on rewatch. :)

• Love 11
1 hour ago, msrbley said:

F you're overreacting, then I am, too.  That scene seriously bothered me. It was wrong, wrong, wrong and not a bit funny. 

Didn't bother me because I turned away. Thanks for the warning east coast posters!  Newlywed bliss that is rich. 

• Love 2

Per Ramonas mixed up quoqlisms she made a holemill out of a mountain and next she will want to burry the hodgit with Beth.

Coming in late to the thread tonight after a LONG day at work after the 4th. Watching the episode now, love all the comments so far.

• Love 4

Sonja, just because you are a sleezoid, and will "do" anything that breathes, is no excuse to force yourself on people that are in the house serving you.  That tonsil tango was plain sick.  If that was not staged and the waiter didn't know about it in advance, if I was him, I would sue her ass for sexual harassment.  

I for one, did not find anything cute or amusing about that...Sonja makes me want to take a mental bath.  "Hi, I am Sonja, and I am Gross and Crude," should be her new tagline...and she wonders why no one considers her for a long time partner?  

I don't know, but this season has a tinge of the sinister and the dark that has not been too fun.  Menopausal Mamas indeed.  It sucks and I am right there with 'em...sure ain't a good time had by one or all.

Sorry for the rant, but all of these bitches are bugging me with the constant whining.  Get some morals and grow the f up.

• Love 9
(edited)

I still love Dorinda!!
I have to say, even thought she sometimes gets on my nerves, Luanne always looks so put together .She looked great in her skiing gear
Bethenny with her skinny girl snow board, she must have a tattoo..its everywhere, its everywhere! LOL enough already, it looks so dated!
I ski like Ramona, ( or did) in my lane, I hate snowboarders or people crossing in front of me, the powder on that hill looked wonderful.She's an ass when it comes to any staff..and doing Sonja the idiots hair..ugh! Ugh to the pair of them
I knew Carol wouldn't ski..old thrill a minute.?
Bethenny keeps things to herself, really? She doesn't really need to say much, she has a spokesperson...

For the record, talking anal sex at a really nice dinner, with the chefs still in the room, crass..jmho though.

Edited by F. M.
  • Love 17
(edited)
4 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Oh my gosh, I loved the Dorinda and Carole reaction shots to Sonja's insistence that Lu should "take her as she is" and just let her say whatever she wants (eyeroll). Why was Carole tapping on her forehead? Poking herself in the third eye? :) And then the random closeup on the butter plate. The camera people have had it. LOL

When Sonja yet again launched into her rant about Luann (and Tom), Dorinda likened it to those having to listen to it again as being waterboarded. Carole then tapped her forehead to simulate water being dripped on her head as a form of torture. I cracked up when she did that. 

I agree with those who have said that Sonja grabbing the male employee and attempting to kiss him was assault. It isn't even like it was a game in a bar where you grab a random guy (and ask permission). There were only three or so guys there, and they were there in the capacity of making and serving dinner. As others have said, can you imagine if it was a group of guys and one said "I dare you to french kiss the waitress" and one of them did? No difference in my book. 

Both Luann and Ramona are delusional. Luann for thinking that she never talks about being married, and Ramona for thinking she is two decades younger than she is. Sheesh. When they showed the pic of Luann from 2002, I had to freeze the shot for a minute. I thought it was the count. Luann looked very Lu- mannish in that pic. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 21

She can't wait to tell Bethenny! 

I'd hope she'd want to tell he good friend about major news like that.

Carole randomly finds a Page Six story about Jason while she's telling Dorinda how Bethenny never says anything negative about Jason?

Either the universe or production's way of confirming to us that Jason is an asshole lol

• Love 7
(edited)
52 minutes ago, bagatelle said:

Beth is very much responsible for what Carole is spewing.  That's her only job this season... to be a mouth piece for Beth, since Beth cannot do it herself. 

I know, right. I was actually laughing out loud at one point, STFU Carole...

2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

3E79-2.jpg

LOL,hilarious. She's probably already been there, done that, and IS wearing the T-shirt!:)

Edited by F. M.
  • Love 10

Jason is watching MMA and drinking beer.

Hopefully he can afford it, I imagine those lawyers fees ain't cheap lol

When did Luann get married?  

Waaaaaiit....Luann is married? What?

I doubt that.  There's more than one side to a story.  It's been a long time to go back to why people liked her in the first place.  Too much has been seen and written. 

Some of us still like her fine :)

Beth is very much responsible for what Carole is spewing.  That's her only job this season... to be a mouth piece for Beth, since Beth cannot do it herself. 

Nah, I think Carole can discuss it if she wants to. She and Bethenny seems to be friends off the show as well, so Carole bring up stuff involving her friend isn't all that weird.

• Love 18
6 hours ago, chick binewski said:

It seemed orchestrated to me that the same person who served as Bethenny's spokesperson at the last reunion as well as during this season finds the P6 item to present on air while Bethenny is away, then states the story in front of the cameras while saying Bethenny never speaks negatively about it. 

This ! Carole is doing her job ....

5 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Maybe I'm overreacting here but I was disturbed by Sonja forcing herself on that male chef. Imagine if it had been a group of men having dinner and one of them grabbed and tried to kiss a woman. I wasn't amused.

That was BAD, bad bad.... Bethenny egging that on was terrible. Charity for women in crisis laughing at blatant on the job sexual harassment . Sickening . 

Bethennys Botox and fillers were scary in the gondola and the natural light. 

• Love 17

I can't watch the show for two weeks, but I am so grateful to you guys for these hilarious and informative posts. 

Did Lu really ask them if she looked like she was transitioning?

Did they really show a random close-up of butter during dinner? (Or -- ew, sorry--was it in connection to the anal sex discussion [anyone see Last Tango in Paris?])

• Love 8

For the record, talking anal sex at a really nice dinner, with the chefs still in the room, crass..jmho though.

I thought the same thing, but these ladies don't show a lot of class when they're together.  I've come to expect this kind of behavior from them.   Luann's right, money can't buy you class.  I think Carole was trying to be cool and provocative when she asked the question about anal sex, as if we're all supposed to be so impressed that she's talking about it.    Yawn, Carole.  It's really not that shocking. 

I was impressed with their skiing ability and Bethenny's snowboarding.  That looked like fun.   Bravo to Bethenny for apologizing to Tinsley and telling her that she didn't know where she was in her healing process.  Having said that though, she did make sure to tell Tinsley 2 or 3 times that she lost sleep the night before worrying about what she said to Tinsley, which resulted in Tinsley apologizing to her.  It always comes back to Bethenny and how it affected her.  I have a SIL like this.  None of us have ever gone through anything bad (eye roll), it's always how the bad stuff affects her and her alone.   

• Love 19

Ramona does know her real age, right?  She understands that she is old enough biologically to be Tinsley's MOM, right?  Ramona is just so desperate and sad when it comes to flirting. And hair styling. And dressing herself.  As for her treatment of "staff", not only is she embarrassing, but she is so disrespectful.  It isn't as if she were raised as lady of the manor a la "Downton Abbey" and has been waited on all her life.  She was from humble beginnings like everyone else in the cast (except Tinsley). It bugs me to no end how she orders staff around with such an air of expectation that her every whim is to be fulfilled.  I'm shocked we didn't get our usually scene of Ramona asking the driver/chef/property manager/ski instructor to not only carry her bags, but unpack them for her.  And for God sake, do not put your bare feet on the table or the couch!  Gross!  I don't care if she just had a $300 pedicure, you do not whip off your shoes and socks in a bar/restaurant/lounge. 

I think the rest of the women were tone deaf in their treatment of the chef and servers at dinner. I don't care that they played Truth or Dare or got raunchy in their sex talk. I just don't think  the guys cooking and serving them dinner needed to be subjected to it.  It was horrifying when B dared Sonja to "French" the server.  It got laughs because it was a bunch of hormonal, drunk "cougars" on a Girls Weekend.  If we watched a group of college frat boys on Spring Break drug a girl's drink, or a couple of corporate douches at a sales conference pawing a waitress, or wasted hicks in a bar cornering a woman for "a little kiss", wouldn't most of us be outraged at blatant sexual assault?

Boy, Dorinda just keeps winning every episode for me.  Of any of these NY women, Dorinda is the one I'd want to hang out with on a regular basis (without John and his alleged cucumber.  Or Hannah).

I have skied only 3 times in my life, and never in Aspen or Stratton, so maybe things are done differently on "fancy" mountains.  Do women really play "dress up" as much as Bethenny when they sit around their rentals or in the lodge?  What was with all the ski-themed sweaters and wool beanies and furry boots...at breakfast? 

• Love 10

I think Carole was trying to be cool and provocative when she asked the question about anal sex, as if we're all supposed to be so impressed that she's talking about it.

Carole brought it up as an example about lying in truth or dare. Dorinda is the one who began talking about it.

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I thought the same thing, but these ladies don't show a lot of class when they're together.  I've come to expect this kind of behavior from them.   Luann's right, money can't buy you class.  I think Carole was trying to be cool and provocative when she asked the question about anal sex, as if we're all supposed to be so impressed that she's talking about it.    Yawn, Carole.  It's really not that shocking. 

I was impressed with their skiing ability and Bethenny's snowboarding.  That looked like fun.   Bravo to Bethenny for apologizing to Tinsley and telling her that she didn't know where she was in her healing process.  Having said that though, she did make sure to tell Tinsley 2 or 3 times that she lost sleep the night before worrying about what she said to Tinsley, which resulted in Tinsley apologizing to her.  It always comes back to Bethenny and how it affected her.  I have a SIL like this.  None of us have ever gone through anything bad (eye roll), it's always how the bad stuff affects her and her alone.   

My issue with the ladies discussion is their lack of awareness there were three invited men standing in the kitchen just a few feet away and to add to the crassness the vegetable to penis comparison.  Dorinda needs to stop putting down people from the Bronx and Queens and act as if it is such a stepdown to go to the Bronx or date someone from Queens.  The conversation was raw and except for picking on Luann for being married they seemed to have a good time.

I thought the same thing about the  "my sleepless night" apology.  I am quite sure it was done to indicate and in sincerity to show there was so insensitivity the previous evening.  Now the charity plug was a little weird, did Bethenny start Dress for Success?  All in all I am sure Tinsley appreciated the apology.  Bethenny took a lot of heat for her blog two weeks ago where she questioned Tinsley's "abusive" relationship and the discomfort Tinsley caused by talking about it.  I am wondering if those are her feelings now and something changed regarding Tinsley or a poor choice of words and recall of the vacation? 

• Love 7