Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E26: We Are Family

• Start Topic

So Simon shows up with his suitcase and goes right to the fridge and gets food to microwave.  Didn't even kiss her hello, instead he's trying to push her buttons (which is easy to do) and stuff his face.  Why is she pretending they were a couple and that he's still interested in her?  Why does he even show up, he has no interest in her at all.  The house C&T bought sight unseen has been on and off the market since 2013!!!  

• Love 7
(edited)

All of the people on this show are so messed up. It's crazy that Farrah keeps being the most sane human being on this show.

My favorite thing tonight though was Cate and Tyler saying "I don't want to live in a boring house" what the hell? Um.. houses are houses. I know some have pools and that makes them fun but do some houses have like amusement park rides?

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 17

Price History of the Baltierra non boring house

05/15/17Listing removed$245,000

04/24/17Pending sale$245,000

08/26/16Listed for sale$245,000

03/23/13Listing removed$107,900

03/22/13Listed for sale$107,900

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

All of the people on this show are so messed up. It's crazy that Farrah keeps being the most sane human being on this show.

My favorite thing tonight though was Cate and Tyler saying "I don't want to live in a boring house" what the hell? Um.. houses are houses. I know some have pools and that makes them fun but do some houses have like amusement park rides?

Boring houses don't have shit on the floor. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

I love looking at houses!!

Here's a description of it from an old listing

Own a piece of history! This unique home, built in 1869, by the Great Lakes Sea Captain George W. Smith is featured in the Historical Octagon Homes of Michigan. This home is a must see! Property offers 15 acres (12 tillable) located only 20 minutes from Port Huron. Home has be updated with modern conveniences while preserving the historical integrity of the home. Home offers 4 bedrooms and 2 full bath, kitchen is open into a 4-season sunroom. Kitchen updates in 2013 include custom hickory cabinets with granite countertops, cherry wood floors, glass backsplash, build-in freezer and refrigerator, and under cabinet lighting. Main floor bedroom features original fireplace. Upper Master bedroom is complete with walk-in closet and master bath with Jacuzzi tub and separate shower. Large deck off the sunroom is great for outdoor entertaining. Outbuildings include a chicken coop, storage/work shed, and shed with stalls that open to coral.

• Love 7

At the go cart place, Farrah looked like she was wearing an Elsa wig. 

Who hates on someones husband to them?! Well, I guess At least Amber doesn't hide how she feels, as if Gary cares anyway. 

Gary's Easter party looked fun! I see Matt dressed up. 

Maci=snooze fest. 

So, C and T fly to LA to look at a house.  House is too expensive, so they pick a house back in Michigan, while in LA.  Ok.  They could have saved some money there.  

• Love 13
Just now, SPLAIN said:

I love you!!! 

You are so quick to gather the information. 

Thanks! @CofCinci found the address which made the documents easy to find.

• Love 4

Thanks @CofCinci!

The idea of C&T even considering living in California irks me. Stay away from us!!!

The idea that they thought they could afford L.A. living had me in stitches. What a couple of idiots. Moving here for what reason? Certainly it is not for jobs or careers. Do they think the fringe clothing will allow them to live here with the cost of living we have here? Living here on the coast is someplace I will never leave. But I also have lived here all my life and it is something I am accustomed to and I am financially able to afford to live here. Unlike Humpty and Dumpty, my husband and I have worked and we have planned for the future. 

• Love 21

Debra's David couldn't be more disinterested in her family.  They go on a go cart ride and he doesn't bother to watch them, cheer them on or take pictures.  He's walking around reading various signs on the windows like it's his job.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 22
33 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

Thanks @CofCinci!

The idea of C&T even considering living in California irks me. Stay away from us!!!

The idea that they thought they could afford L.A. living had me in stitches. What a couple of idiots. Moving here for what reason? Certainly it is not for jobs or careers. Do they think the fringe clothing will allow them to live here with the cost of living we have here? Living here on the coast is someplace I will never leave. But I also have lived here all my life and it is something I am accustomed to and I am financially able to afford to live here. Unlike Humpty and Dumpty, my husband and I have worked and we have planned for the future. 

Don't they make 300k a year though? Theoretically they should be able to do it. I am also from Ca (Bay Area) and know people who work for the state/ city/ county living in LA and SF who manage while making a whole lot less than that. I am also planning to move back to the Bay Area this year and will not be making anywhere near Teen Mom money but know I'll make it work. 

• Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, evilmindatwork said:

Don't they make 300k a year though? Theoretically they should be able to do it. I am also from Ca (Bay Area) and know people who work for the state/ city/ county living in LA and SF who manage while making a whole lot less than that. I am also planning to move back to the Bay Area this year and will not be making anywhere near Teen Mom money but know I'll make it work. 

They still have to pay taxes on that amount.

I too live in California.

If C&T don't have jobs, careers, or anything planned for the future to pay their property tax, monthly bills and maintenance, their day-to-day living expenses, gas because here in California you gotta drive, and we know they own five cars. Just the overall cost of living here, how do they expect to live here once the show is finally done especially with the way they blow through their money? Five cars and nowhere to go. Five cars and no job to drive to.

On the Unseen Moments, hearing Amber discuss the Xanax and then seeing Cate with her head turned away from her, was pretty awkward. Then, Cate, Maci and the audience begin clapping when Amber declares she got her driver's license back from Matt and she is now in control of her finances. Sure, Jan. You are all boss and badass when Matt is not there next to you. I bet you as you sat there declaring you are in control, he was spending your money on some online sex. 

Cate and Maci looked as if they wanted to just really say shit about Matt.

OMG the scene of Amber with all her pets as she yelled at them to "stop!!" Fuck her! Did you notice the chewed up and damaged window frame? Those poor dogs are desperate and acting out.

Cate saying Nova has a free babysitter with all her farm animals for her to play with. I bet Nova is playing with all their turds.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21

So Simon shows up with his suitcase and goes right to the fridge and gets food to microwave.  Didn't even kiss her hello, instead he's trying to push her buttons (which is easy to do) and stuff his face.

This is all true, but for some reason the way he said, "He (David) doesn't like you.  He doesn't like you at all.  In fact he hates you" was so hilarious in his delivery.  For some reason he can say something like that and Farrah won't go berserk.  Next week looks amazing.  David really is an asshole and I can't see Debra wanting to marry someone who talks to her daughter that way. That was horrible.  

C&T really are a joke at this point.  I think they're really looking for any excuse to get away from Nova.  Let's go to LA to look at houses!!  They looked at ONE, it was $1.3 million and they said, eh, no, LA is not for us.   Let's get an octagon house instead!   

• Love 23
37 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

They still hae to pay taxes on that amount.

I too live in California.

If C&T don't have jobs, careers, or anything planned for the future to pay their property tax, monthly bills and maintenance, their day-to-day living expenses, gas because here in California you gotta drive, and we know they own five cars. Just the overall cost of living here, how do they expect to live here once the show is finally done especially with the way they blow through their money? Five cars and nowhere to go. Five cars and no job to drive to.

On the Unseen Moments, hearing Amber discuss the Xanax and then seeing Cate with her head turned away from her, was pretty awkward. Then, Cate, Maci and the audience begin clapping when Amber declares she got her driver's license back from Matt and she is now in control of her finances. Sure, Jan. You are all boss and badass when Matt is not there next to you. I bet you as you sat there declaring you are in control, he was spending your money on some online sex. How the hell do you not notice your driver's license has not been in your possession for months? I know, I know. She doesn't drive, but still. I see mine in my purse at least once a week when I am accessing something from my wallet.

Cate and Maci looked as if they wanted to just really say shit about Matt.

OMG the scene of Amber with all her pets as she yelled at them to "stop!!" Fuck her! Did you notice the chewed up and damaged window frame? Those poor dogs are desperate and acting out.

Cate saying Nova has a free babysitter with all her farm animals for her to play with. I bet Nova is playing with all their turds.

To be fair, the farm animals probably do pay more attention than Cate.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I am with them on this. My husband and I are also into interesting houses. We like old places with creaky floors, weird floor plans, small details that other houses don’t normally have, a great setting, etc. It’s not about swimming pools or amusement park rides, it’s about character. I lived in a “boring” house in a nondescript neighborhood for years and it was kind of soul crushing for me. Some people don’t care where they live; they can make any place a “home.” It actually affects my mood and creativity.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ChicagoChris said:

Even the realtor was like, what are you thinking?!?!

They CAN'T be that dumb, right? I mean, that was just a TV thing for shock value-"look at how rich we are, we don't even have to LOOK at the house!" Right? I mean, I realize that parts of Michigan has a stagnant housing market but come on. If it's been on there for a year, there are some skeletons in the closet or something. 

• Love 7

I was only half watching but why did Debra's fiance have such a bug up his ass?  He seemed pissed from the get-go.  Did Farrah do something to him that I missed?  Grandpa Claus seemed mad at everyone but Sophia.

• Love 11
(edited)
14 hours ago, evilmindatwork said:

Life long Bay Area girl here. I wouldn't live anywhere else. 

I have to thank you guys, I haven't watched the show for a couple of seasons now but I love coming here and reading what happened. I can handle the stupidity of these people much better when I read about it instead of watching.  Especially you guys, you all make even the worst show moments hilarious.  Thank you!  

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 8

Cate and Tyler are 2 of the most boring people on television.  They are also so deluded when it comes to what they see themselves doing.  No concept of what it would mean to work in LA, in the

"creative" industry.  How many people hustle and struggle and hold down 3 or 4 jobs while trying to pursue their "creativity".  What does he think he'd do- music?  theater? graphic design?

he'd be one of a thousand others struggling to "make it big."  what a jackass.

It's not the house that makes you boring, doofus.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, beesknees said:

I was only half watching but why did Debra's fiance have such a bug up his ass?  He seemed pissed from the get-go.  Did Farrah do something to him that I missed?  Grandpa Claus seemed mad at everyone but Sophia.

I'm going to assume that he originally thought the vacation would be just him and Debra.

• Love 7

Matt holding Amber's license was all kinds of creepy. I get giving it to a man to hold in their wallet if you're not carrying a bag for a day. But can you imagine Amber without a purse? I can't.

Debra's boyfriend is awful and MTV wants us to know that!

Kristina disappointed me a bit on the trip to pick up Leah. She basically said, she and Leah are working on Gary allowing Amber to have her on school nights. I'm glad Gary actually suggested Amber come to their house to bring Leah to school. We said that right here on PTV, and knew she would turn it down. And, Amber even lives closer compared to then.

I guess Tyler and Cate didn't tweet about the house because it's a storyline. Oh the suspense. 

The look on Jen and Larry's faces when Mackenzie said Ryan treats her well, omg the best!

Unseen moments show: The set needs to be changed.  The furniture needs to be higher, or have them at a table, something. Poor Cate, wth was she wearing, and why? She can look better than that.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, poopchute said:

I haven't watched yet. Do Catelyn and Tyler explain why they want to move 5 months after moving into the house they are currently living in?

No. Tyler is most likely in a hypomanic upswing. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
(edited)

I agree with Farrah. David is horrible. why is he even there if he wants to sit in front of the tv. I don't know how trips are paid for by TM, but if they weren't paying Farrah was. David sits on the sofa, won't acknowledge anyone, won't help with the groceries . I rent homes for vacation and there's a ton to do when you get there and nothing is more irritating than someone who won't help. Simon is there for comic relief . Debra is delusional . I really want the backstory on the good doctor. he seems like a weirdo. what kind of doctor is he anyway?

eta that Cate and Tyler's house is starting to look like Homegoods threw up all over it. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 12

I think moving might be good for Catelynn and Tyler. I think staying in their comfort zone in white trashville, Michigan, is what's holding them back. I mean, they never do anything, all they do is sit around the house, eat and talk about the same shit. They've always prided themselves on being so "down to earth" and "not forgetting where they came from" but it's like, you've got all this money bc you basically hit the lottery, why not use it to try things you wouldn't otherwise be able to do? I've always felt like Tyler has wanted to get out of the town and explore new opportunities, it's insecure Catelynn that's always held him back. I can picture Catelynn getting insecure if they move to LA bc there's all these gorgeous, skinny girls and her freaking out. She freaked out when Tyler wanted to go to a club a few years ago bc there are pretty, skinny girls there, soooo I can't even imagine what she'd be like if surrounded by it 24/7. 

• Love 9

So Cate and Tyler went all the way to California to sit on a different couch?   

I wish that MTV would switch out Amber and Matt for Gary and Kristina, as I would much rather watch them.

Farrah and her family are all toxic and all need to just stay away from each other. 

• Love 23
29 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

Putting the guac back in the fridge without the lid? Gross. And he's like 55+ years old, he should know better. I don't blame Farrah for being irritated. 

His specialties : Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Ha!

Loved when Debra said they would look at everyone's schedules to decide on a wedding date. Farrah said they didn't have to worry about David's, lol. I think it really bugs her that he doesn't appear to be looking for a job. Can't blame her. 

He doesn't like discord?? LOL

https://mobile.twitter.com/ddanielsen/status/876995238056906753?p=v

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Then, Cate, Maci and the audience begin clapping when Amber declares she got her driver's license back from Matt and she is now in control of her finances. Sure, Jan. You are all boss and badass when Matt is not there next to you

The fact that she would LET someone hold her drivers license like that to begin with shows that she is no boss. My husband and I actually have a pretty old fashioned relationship, and sometimes people give me shit about it. But he's NEVER held my license or tried to forbid me from going places without him. "Matt's just really insecure". So it's okay to essentially TRAP people??? She probably read the book "Room"....okay, who am I kidding? She saw the movie....and when everyone else talked about how creepy it was for the bad guy to kidnap a girl and imprison her and her child born of rape in a shed for 5 years, Amber was probably all, "Old Nick was just really insecure". 

7 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Cate saying Nova has a free babysitter with all her farm animals for her to play with.

At least the dogs get a break. 

6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I am with them on this. My husband and I are also into interesting houses. We like old places with creaky floors, weird floor plans, small details that other houses don’t normally have, a great setting, etc. It’s not about swimming pools or amusement park rides, it’s about character. I lived in a “boring” house in a nondescript neighborhood for years and it was kind of soul crushing for me. Some people don’t care where they live; they can make any place a “home.” It actually affects my mood and creativity.

I TOTALLY get what you're saying. But with them, it feels so fake. You seem like a unique, authentic person. Tyler, especially, always seems like he's trying too hard to portray a certain image, but he has no idea what the fuck he's doing. 

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Poor Cate, wth was she wearing, and why? She can look better than that.

That dress was a HUGE oh-no-no. 

• Love 12

Then, Cate, Maci and the audience begin clapping when Amber declares she got her driver's license back from Matt and she is now in control of her finances. 

And in the next breath states Matt is living in the house.

• Love 8

David really is an asshole and I can't see Debra wanting to marry someone who talks to her daughter that way. That was horrible.  

Oh I can! Her own daughter is a horrid person who talks to everyone much worse than what David does.

• Love 13
(edited)

It does not matter if Amber is with Matt or not. She is just as horrible at being a human being as he is, I hate her more with each passing week. Christina looks terrified when she has to spend time with that scumbag.

Some one has needed to talk to Farrah like that for some time. The whole family is a bunch of freaks including feral little Sophia. Previews look great!

Edited by Mr. Minor
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, beesknees said:

Because that's what the script called for? 

• Love 4

Dumb ass should have always been in control of her finances but was too lazy to even do that.  And sorry but I wouldn't want to be on stage with an out of control bitch who thinks who shit doesn't stink and came at me last time when we weren't sharing the stage. 

Amber is so lazy, she shouldn't have dogs or any animals. Put the damn dogs outside in good weather and let them run around. If you have a fenced yard, then why are they all inside.

So Cate and Tyler have no life and decide to buy a house in LA. Ok........ what fucking morons these two are. No wonder Cate and Amber are good friends, they both lay around, say they are depressed and do stupid shit and are now into fixing up houses. I swear both of these three turds can't ever have an original idea and copy everyone else.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Teddybear said:

This is all true, but for some reason the way he said, "He (David) doesn't like you.  He doesn't like you at all.  In fact he hates you" was so hilarious in his delivery.  For some reason he can say something like that and Farrah won't go berserk.  Next week looks amazing.  David really is an asshole and I can't see Debra wanting to marry someone who talks to her daughter that way. That was horrible.  

C&T really are a joke at this point.  I think they're really looking for any excuse to get away from Nova.  Let's go to LA to look at houses!!  They looked at ONE, it was $1.3 million and they said, eh, no, LA is not for us.   Let's get an octagon house instead!   

Simon's delivery was like he was telling Farrah the truth about something she didn't think possible.  But David probably doesn't like her and is a weirdo, too. 

As for that trip to LA, remember, Catelynn said it would be good for them to get a break.  Which begs the usual question:  FROM WHAT??!!

And because it can never be said enough, "STFU Tyler!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

So Cate and Tyler have no life and decide to buy a house in LA. Ok........ what fucking morons these two are. No wonder Cate and Amber are good friends, they both lay around, say they are depressed and do stupid shit and are now into fixing up houses. I swear both of these three turds can't ever have an original idea and copy everyone else.

did anyone see that True Life episode where these two young people (maybe they were married cousins or something?) were going to move to LA and they legit didn't even have money for lodging the first night.  then he couldn't get a job, and they just went to the beach, then turned around & drove home?  for some reason thought of that.

I don't think C & T ever planned to move to LA, and I can't say it enough I FUCKING HATE FAKE STORYLINES!!!  At least we know April's still alive, as she was watching Nova.

speaking of watching, was anyone besides the camera men watching Sophia in that pool?  that was giving me agita.

• Love 17
(edited)
12 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Wow, Tyler and Cate were all over the place this week. They haven't even been in that place a year, have they? And now they're all, "It's been our lifelong dream to own a farm in California". "Yea, let's just go out there and see what's what". "If anything, it'll be nice to get away for a bit. We haven't been on vacation in about two weeks. We need a break". "So, hmmmm....we're in CA now, but let's not look at actual farmhouses. Let's just look at some random condo we can't afford". "Oh boy, now we're back at our accommodations, thank God there's a giant sofa to lay on for the rest of this unexplained trip. Let's make sure to sit as far from each other as possible." "Okay, now let's start looking at places back in Michigan WHILE we're in California, that makes the most sense!"

These two are just fucking weird. And then they put on offer on the octagon house without even setting foot inside of it??? Are you kidding me??? The realtor said it had been on the market for a yea, you don't want to find out WHY? Nope. As long as it's not a "boring" house, Tyler doesn't care. Because he can be broke, stupid, and filthy - as long as he isn't fucking boring. 

I think what Tyler meant was "character".  To him a house without character is "boring."  But when did he ever have a command of the English language?  Moron!

When Leah said her favorite person was her mommy, I thought she was talking about Kristina!  

Edited by Marisagf
Less of the original post.
  • Love 9

Cate's body language on the after show was very interesting. When Amber was spouting her usual BS about the whole license thing, Cate physically turned herself away from Amber and looked like she was trying to become the arm rest. Her facial expressions were interesting too. 

Cate did look really uncomfortable in her dress. She tried crossing her legs, but I guess the slit in the front showed a bit too much leg.

Maci looked over it too when Amber was talking. That (and Cate's body language) were more interesting than anything Amber had to say.

• Love 12