Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E26: We Are Family

• Start Topic

On 6/20/2017 at 0:51 PM, BXD said:

Only halfway through, but here are my comments so far:

-Tyler said that he and his sister(?) wanted to move out to the west coast to live off the land, WITH or WITHOUT graduating high school. Just wanted to point that out.

-Tyler said he wanted to move to LA to do "something creative". A smart idea, moving across the country with no plan whatsoever, let alone even a vague idea of a career.

-Why were they looking at homes in LA when they have been hard-core bragging about the country life lately, and the whole point was to move to the west coast to live off the land??

I am so confused with these two. Their constantly changing "life long dreams" and poorly thought out plans make my head spin. How many different careers and passions have we heard them mention over the years? If they had just gone to college in the first place, they would have such a better idea of what they actually want to do with their lives.

On 6/20/2017 at 3:11 PM, ghoulina said:

I got it. It just felt disingenuous, coming from two of the biggest copy-cats around. Also, they JUST bought and remodeled that other house. What was the point??? This new house thing just seemed really out of the blue and manicky, to me. 

They are so miserable and unhappy together and they think that having the "house of their dreams" will also supply them with "life and happiness of their dreams". They were in their new house barely 6 months and the magic didn't happen so why not just buy another house instead of working on themselves. Oops, forgot they go to their "therapist" once in a while for purpose of filming. Also this manic acquisition, remodeling, packing and unpacking gives them something to film since they have nothing going for themselves otherwise. Except their fucked up families and those people don't want to be filmed much anymore (except Butch).

And if they ever wanted to "live of the land" they would died of starvation. The farming is a hard work, it's not for dilletants like them. Did they dropped the kids clothing line? They haven't mentioned it at all for couple of episodes.

• Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, ava111 said:

And if they ever wanted to "live of the land" they would died of starvation. The farming is a hard work, it's not for dilletants like them. Did they dropped the kids clothing line? They haven't mentioned it at all for couple of episodes.

It was touched upon in this last episode. Tyler's sketches were shown (a screen grab is on the C&T thread) and he was showing fabric designs to Cate on his laptop. 

Edited by GreatKazu

Is Amber still on parole/probation? Maybe Matt held onto her Driver's License because if she gets caught driving without it, it may be seen as a parole violation. So if he has it, she won't take the risk and drive, and is basically stuck at home. 

I don't get Mac's endgame either. Was there an extra check for a pathetic wedding? Marrying Ryan won't make her a star on the show. Hell, I am still waiting to see any spark of personality from her. I don't buy the idea she married him so he could be on her insurance. Does she even have a real job? Is Ryan over 26? If not, he could still be on his parent's insurance. Marrying a man who just drove high to your wedding, and you know he was high, makes me wonder if someone wants to be a Merry Widow. If Ryan keeps up that behavior, he will be dead, along with others on the road. That scene in the car was scary and I knew they didn't die. Who will get more attention, the mother of his child or his widow? Stay tuned because that seems to be where it is headed. 

• Love 4

I believe Ryan was born in 1988. So, unless he's considered disabled, he's not on Jen or Larry's insurance.

A mother of one of Matt's children tweeted that she doesn't get why Matt was seen driving when he first appeared on the show. She says his license was taken, I pressume for failure to pay child support.

• Love 2

Yea, I would think Matt would be restricted from driving before I'd think that about Amber. That is definitely one consequence of not paying child support. But I think Amber has been out of prison long enough to have her license back by now. 

• Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

Is Amber still on parole/probation? Maybe Matt held onto her Driver's License because if she gets caught driving without it, it may be seen as a parole violation. So if he has it, she won't take the risk and drive, and is basically stuck at home. 

Amber said on the after show Matt was insecure.

He is controlling every aspect of her life, right down to telling her how to color her hair. No, she is not on probation or parole. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2
On 6/29/2017 at 10:49 PM, MakingBacon said:

I don't get Mac's endgame either. Was there an extra check for a pathetic wedding? Marrying Ryan won't make her a star on the show. Hell, I am still waiting to see any spark of personality from her. I don't buy the idea she married him so he could be on her insurance. Does she even have a real job? Is Ryan over 26? If not, he could still be on his parent's insurance. Marrying a man who just drove high to your wedding, and you know he was high, makes me wonder if someone wants to be a Merry Widow. If Ryan keeps up that behavior, he will be dead, along with others on the road. That scene in the car was scary and I knew they didn't die. Who will get more attention, the mother of his child or his widow? Stay tuned because that seems to be where it is headed. 

Some people are just really desperate for commitment/attention from a partner. I don't have that cultural experience but she clearly does: she's 20 and already divorced once. I'd assume that's a big part of her fixation. 

The Ryan of 16 & P is out of Mackenzie's league looks-wise.  I imagine she may have crushed on him since then. Then she supposedly runs into him at the gym, and it turns out he's a dud. She's working with what she's got and still trying to get him back to 16 & P Ryan. Larry and Jen seem like a loving family as well, and with a little bit of cash and toys, maybe she thinks she's moving up in the social strata. Clearly, I've spent time trying to figure why Mackenzie would marry at this time.

• Love 6
On 6/20/2017 at 1:09 PM, GreatKazu said:

Amber, like Cate, parrots everything her man says. Matt no doubt talks shit about Gary all day long and therefore, Amber better do the same.

This is what I've been thinking. (sorry just finally watched this episode). 

Matt running to the car with out saying goodbye, had nothing to do with Boston or an Irish goodbye as someone mentioned. I think he was just irritated that it was all about the kids and Gary and his wife. Matt was just probably tired of faking the nice, and just wanted to get out of there. So his true rude asshole attitude was shining bight (just like when he was caught talking shit about Amber to the producer) . That's the really Matt. 

Simon had me laughing so hard. Boy was he hungry and couldn't wait to tell Farrah that the doctor hated her. Lol. 

Cate and Tyler have an extremely short attention span therefore can't focus in what they want to do.  I think because Cate's childhood was so chaotic she was never able to grasp the basic concepts in her early education and that is why she finds school very difficult. No point in trying to better herself when MTV is throwing 6 figures her way just for being a Teen Mom.