Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Fall

• Start Topic

How cute were those elderly ladies at the start of the episode?  So sweet.  I hope I am a cute, fun, active, non-cranky elderly person someday.

And Lydia... I am so surprised to see her rather relaxed (compared to what we saw on Breaking Bad) and non-jumpy demeanor.  She actually seems tolerable on Better Call Saul, whereas she annoyed me to no end on BB.  She seems much more fond of Gus on a personal level (when speaking of him) than she seemed on BB.

• Love 13
(edited)

Jimmy took up mall walking and chair yoga!  Too funny.  I felt so bad for sweet little Irene -- she was no nice to him, and he had all of her friends ignoring her in the mall and side-eyeing her.

I also feel bad for Nacho, trying to do damage control before something horrible happens to his father.  

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 16

That Chuck; what a nice guy. It's easy to see why everyone loves him. 

I can't wait to see Hamlin settle the Sandpiper case due to Jimmy's actions and come up with the $8 million to pay off Chuck, waiving goodbye to a man who thinks he is the smartest person in the room. Then, Hamlin will get another huge case, maybe off the back of Kim, and everyone moves forward except Chuck. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Oh no is he setting up Irene to win? I can't look! That poor lady all her friends will be mad at her even more. 

Did Kim fall asleep at the wheel? Will she blame Jimmy for making her even more late?

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 2
(edited)

I was so aftraid Kim's car was going to disappear into a sink hole, since they were talking about salt domes.

Oh, hell!, what happened now?! The tire may have weakened when it rolled over the board. Aww, Kim.

Air bags are the devil himself, folks.

Edited by Dianaofthehunt
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Did Kim fall asleep at the wheel?

3 minutes ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

Oh, hell!, what happened now?! The tire may have weakened when it rolled over the board. Aww, Kim.

Air bags are the devil himself, folks.

I'm pretty sure she fell asleep.  Jimmy said he could tell that she hadn't slept last night.  The airbag may have prevented her from crashing into the windshield. At least she won't have any alcohol in her system, since she wisely refused the drink.

• Love 23
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Christina said:

I can't wait to see Hamlin settle the Sandpiper case due to Jimmy's actions and come up with the $8 million to pay off Chuck, waiving goodbye to a man who thinks he is the smartest person in the room. Then, Hamlin will get another huge case, maybe off the back of Kim, and everyone moves forward except Chuck. 

I don't think at 17.4 million that Sandpiper will be enough to pay off Chuck.  But maybe if Hamlin offers partnership to Kim as a way for them both to get out of the McGill business he could make it work. 

Although I'm still waiting for HHM to get stuck with Fring's operation.

Speaking of Lydia, she made an interesting reference today about Gus. "Drug dealer? If that's all you think he is..."  I wonder if TPTB even know who Gus is supposed to be.  His background is intriguing.

As for Kim, I think she spaced out.  But fall asleep is also a good guess.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 4

Great episode. 

They set up that car accident a mile away but the way they reveal it was very, very impressive.

Jimmy really went into scumbag territory with how he worked Irene. 

I do love the various confrontations we saw her tonight.  Howard vs Charles (who is a dangerous enemy to have on the legal battlefield) and Nacho and his father, which was a great scene.  Nacho has been an MVP this year and I'm glad Howard has gotten a lot more to do.

Cool seeing Mike and Lydia meet for the first time.

• Love 22

Even though I was expecting a car crash, I was still surprised. But whenever a scene is shot of the driver from the passenger's side, I now always expect to see a car T-bone it. That's been done so many times. Anyway, this was still a shock. All of Kim's hard work blowing away in the wind.

I had been wondering what the point of her car getting stuck in the sand was, and now I figure it was foreshadowing in a way.

Poor poor Irene. Man, did I feel for her thruout. What a sweet lady being used by Jimmy to get his payout. 

When Hector took his pills, I expected a reaction right away. And even if the substitute's effect will show up later, then why did his symptoms go away like normal?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Blackie said:

OMG senior's homes are worse then middle school.

Yes, they are. What made this particular senior silo unrealistic was the presence of a black resident (from what I've seen, anyway.)
So Nacho's had a history of drug-running involvement that obviously has been contentious between Papa and him. That was a terrific scene.

What was the setting during the meeting between Gus and Hector? What was with the flapping plastic panels? Were they in a car wash?
Have an A-1 day!

• Love 3

Well, Jimmy the con man is definitely back in full effect and he has no shame. Turning the old ladies against one another? I actually gave a little mini-cheer to Howard when he pointed out how pathetic Jimmy is. He saw right through him.

Chuck...I wish he'd go away, but I know that won't happen anytime soon.

Poor Nacho. You could hear him internally saying "oh shit" when Hector seemingly recovered from his spell. He didn't care what happened to him, but he wanted to make sure his father didn't suffer anymore than he'd have to due to his actions.

Lydia has been tolerable and not her hyper, annoying self that she was on Breaking Bad. When she told Mike that he obviously didn't know Gus if all he thought he was a drug dealer, I was waiting for her to say more. Then...what else is he?

Speaking of Gus, I wish we'd get a bit more time with him, but I know that it's difficult with all of these other stories going on. Plus, his story really only intertwines with Mike and partly Nacho/Hector's. Still, it would be nice to flesh out a bit more backstory of his character before the season ends.

Hector still sucks as a person.

I do feel bad for Kim, but I still have no idea why she took on another client when Mesa Verda was more than enough work for her. Extra kudos? Still feeling guilt over Jimmy's transgression? To prove to herself that she has the juice? She can take it from me: burnout is real.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

What was the setting during the meeting between Gus and Hector? What was with the flapping plastic panels? Were they in a car wash?
Have an A-1 day!

Good catch. I was thinking it was fly paper but I believe you're correct . nice

Did I hear right at the end? One more episode?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sharper2002 said:

Well, Jimmy the con man is definitely back in full effect and he has no shame. Turning the old ladies against one another? I actually gave a little mini-cheer to Howard when he pointed out how pathetic Jimmy is. He saw right through him.

Chuck...I wish he'd go away, but I know that won't happen anytime soon.

Poor Nacho. You could hear him internally saying "oh shit" when Hector seemingly recovered from his spell. He didn't care what happened to him, but he wanted to make sure his father didn't suffer anymore than he'd have to due to his actions.

Lydia has been tolerable and not her hyper, annoying self that she was on Breaking Bad. When she told Mike that he obviously didn't know Gus if all he thought he was a drug dealer, I was waiting for her to say more. Then...what else is he?

Speaking of Gus, I wish we'd get a bit more time with him, but I know that it's difficult with all of these other stories going on. Plus, his story really only intertwines with Mike and partly Nacho/Hector's. Still, it would be nice to flesh out a bit more backstory of his character before the season ends.

Hector still sucks as a person.

I do feel bad for Kim, but I still have no idea why she took on another client when Mesa Verda was more than enough work for her. Extra kudos? Still feeling guilt over Jimmy's transgression? To prove to herself that she has the juice? She can take it from me: burnout is real.

I think someone said it before but Kim might have taken the new client to give her an easy way to move out of NM and leave Jimmy behind.

• Love 4

I thought this was one of the better episodes of the series. I'm hating that next week is the finale but hoping we get broader glimpse at flash-forward Cinnabon. I'm also really wanting to see both Kim and Fring background next season.

I loathe Lydia but love Laura Fraser's portrayal of her as a rubber band about to snap. From the way the scene was shot I assumed Fraser was pregnant but I'm not sure that's correct.  

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

An old room-sized refrigerator or freezer would have had those same plastic strips.

Seemed to me like there was a lot of explaining in this episode, like Jimmy figuring out the Sandpiper payout out loud, the call from Eladio's guy, Kim explaining about the settlement offer, Lydia telling Mike how she'll deal with laundering his money. Not a lot of action, except for Jimmy's mall-walking.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Even though I was expecting a car crash, I was still surprised. But whenever a scene is shot of the driver from the passenger's side, I now always expect to see a car T-bone it. That's been done so many times. Anyway, this was still a shock. All of Kim's hard work blowing away in the wind.

I had been wondering what the point of her car getting stuck in the sand was, and now I figure it was foreshadowing in a way.

Poor poor Irene. Man, did I feel for her thruout. What a sweet lady being used by Jimmy to get his payout. 

When Hector took his pills, I expected a reaction right away. And even if the substitute's effect will show up later, then why did his symptoms go away like normal?

It's the new miracle drug. It's called a placebo.  The fake medicine that Hector's taking won't kill him, it just won't save him. That way there's nothing in his system that can be traced. Eventually, he'll have a large enough attack and he won't have real pills to help him.

Or maybe Hector will figure out his pills were switched and this is all a big red herring. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Sharper2002 said:

BB hinted at Gus's past in Chile and how that wasn't his real name but never elaborated.  I thought this is what Lydia was referencing. 

• Love 8

BB hinted at Gus's past in Chile and how that wasn't his real name but never elaborated.  I thought this is what Lydia was referencing. 

I thought so, too. I was just hoping that she would elaborate. Heck, someone would FINALLY elaborate. :)

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Sharper2002 said:

3 minutes ago, benteen said:

Was it merely internet guessing or did BB imply Fring was somehow tied to Pinochet? Hector alluded to him no longer having a particular kind of protection he had while in Chile, while Hank (RIP) said he found nothing about Fring while looking into his background prior to Mexico. Whatever the case I hope we see more Giancarlo next season.

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't think at 17.4 million that Sandpiper will be enough to pay off Chuck.  But maybe if Hamlin offers partnership to Kim as a way for them both to get out of the McGill business he could make it work. 

Although I'm still waiting for HHM to get stuck with Fring's operation.

Speaking of Lydia, she made an interesting reference today about Gus. "Drug dealer? If that's all you think he is..."  I wonder if TPTB even know who Gus is supposed to be.  His background is intriguing.

As for Kim, I think she spaced out.  But fall asleep is also a good guess.

I'm not sure how partners work but if Chuck owns half of what the company is worth, Chuck already owns half of HHM's portion of the $17.4 million. So if they can keep $4 million, Chuck already owns $2 Million of it. HHM can use the other $2 million to pay off their half of HHM which is now worth $4 million more than it was last week. 

• Love 1
(edited)
45 minutes ago, scenario said:

Or maybe Hector will figure out his pills were switched and this is all a big red herring. 

Except we know that at some point in the near future Hector has some kind of an "attack" (stroke, heart attack, etc.) and becomes disabled.  So the clock is ticking.....

When the insurance people  were meeting with Howard and Chuck, they kept referring to "Charles".  I thought that was very unprofessional.  They should be calling him "Mr. McGill".

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Except we know that at some point in the near future Hector has some kind of an "attack" (stroke, heart attack, etc.) and becomes disabled.  So the clock is ticking.....

Do we know the exact timing? Could Hector find out what's going on and stop it and then 6 months or a year from now Gus does it right? 

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Maybe I'm too charitable, but I think Jimmy wanted his payout and for the old folks to get their money before they died

I agree with this.  Hard to say without being in the old folks' shoes, but Jimmy has a point.  Holding out for more isn't going to do the senior a bit of good.  On the flip side, I guess it could mean more for those who have people they will their assets too.

4 hours ago, zibnchy said:

I've been wondering this for a while -- doesn't it seem like those two clients of Kim's are big enough and lucrative enough that she could hire a bunch of hungry young lawyers to help? Or even paralegals? Or Jimmy? Can Jimmy work as a paralegal while his license is suspended? Why is she doing all the work herself.

I like Kim. I don't want her to leave.

Also find that I love Nacho.

I love both characters and Rhea Seehorn and Michael Mando are super actors.  

5 hours ago, benteen said:

Great episode. 

They set up that car accident a mile away but the way they reveal it was very, very impressive.

Jimmy really went into scumbag territory with how he worked Irene. 

I do love the various confrontations we saw her tonight.  Howard vs Charles (who is a dangerous enemy to have on the legal battlefield) and Nacho and his father, which was a great scene.  Nacho has been an MVP this year and I'm glad Howard has gotten a lot more to do.

Cool seeing Mike and Lydia meet for the first time.

5 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I'm pretty sure she fell asleep.  Jimmy said he could tell that she hadn't slept last night.  The airbag may have prevented her from crashing into the windshield. At least she won't have any alcohol in her system, since she wisely refused the drink.

Just speculating that both y'all are onto what the scene was supposed to be about.   I'm guessing she did fall asleep which explains the stop and start filming strategy.

A bit after the fact, the runny mascara all over Kim's eyes seems like it would take some time to happen....kinda like she may have been knocked out for awhile after the accident took place. 

I really want good things for Nacho and Kim. Sadly, I think they are both going to suffer greatly as time goes on.  I'm getting anxious just thinking about it now.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 7
(edited)
29 minutes ago, ShellSeeker said:

Ugh. This is the first time I've really disliked Jimmy. Getting all those ladies to turn on poor Irene was just so mean and sleazy. 

Yeah, I hated how he screwed with Irene and made her life so much worse, just to turn a quick buck for himself.

The crazy thing is that what he was doing was technically not "wrong." He told Irene's friends the truth about what holding out for a larger payout would mean, and he just was extra nice to Irene to make them even more jealous. He kept his own hands pretty clean, and set up Irene's friends to do his dirty work for him.

But I still hated him for it, because regardless of how indirectly he was hurting her, he knew he was hurting Irene and he just would not let up. He was relentless and *remorseless.* So cold-hearted.

I don't even understand why he thought the payout would matter so much. I mean, I know he needs the money (or at least really wants the money), but "all our troubles are over"? Come on. He's the only one involved who even cares about the money anyway!

Why was he pinning all his hopes on this? What was he even fantasizing would happen?

Edited by rue721
  • Love 8
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I agree with this.

I love both characters and they ae super actors.  

Just speculating that both y'all are onto what the scene was supposed to be about.   I'm guessing she did fall asleep which explains how the timing of events of the scene.  

The scene shows her driving and then, cut scene, suddenly, she's in the ditch. If the tires had burst, we would have seen her fighting for control of the car.

It's more like her view of what happened from the outside. I'm driving along and then "How the hell did I hit something?" That fits with her falling asleep and not knowing that the car was drifting.  (It's also a cool way to save money. No stunt scene of a car crash.)

Edited by scenario
new info
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Why was he pinning all his hopes on this? What was he even fantasizing would happen?

He calculated that he'd get over a million dollars as his part of the settlement.  It would solve his money problems for the next year.  He could pay rent and he wouldn't have to hustle like he has been in the past few weeks. 

8 minutes ago, rue721 said:

The crazy thing is that what he was doing was technically not "wrong." He told Irene's friends the truth about what holding out for a larger payout would mean, and he just was extra nice to Irene to make them even more jealous. He kept his own hands pretty clean, and set up Irene's friends to do his dirty work for him.

I'm wondering just how clean his hands are here.  He's suspended from practicing law.  Wouldn't the bar take a negative view about him interacting with clients and discussing their current case with him?  He basically wrote the script for Irene about why the women were treating her poorly.

I saw what he did here as bad.  He rigged a Bingo game and emotionally manipulated a group of women who likely mainly had one another in their advanced age.  He knew their lawyers weren't giving them bad advice because the lawsuit was worth a lot.  But he was willing to sacrifice their full payout and their happiness for his quick settlement. 

• Love 11

What Jimmy did to Irene was horrible, at least he gave a fleeting regretful glance back at her as she was happily walking off with her new shoes. 

My take is that he really likes the olds but his main motivation for settling now is more for him to get his cut than for them to get their money.

On the other hand 'B9-lets hope that biopsy is B9' during bingo got a laugh out of me that startled my dog. 

• Love 11
(edited)

So far, Episode Nine of each season of this show ends up being one of my favorites and this was no exception here.  What was interesting was there wasn't any massive reveals or moments like the past two seasons, but this episode was excellent due to all of the character interactions, movement forward, and directions the characters are going in.

While Jimmy has (and will go on) to do some pretty horrible things, what he did to Irene was pretty horrible to watch.  I'd like to think that there was a part of him that wanted his former clients to be taken care of and I still think he truly did care for them when he first took the case, but it really does feel like it was all to get himself paid, and it was just so scummy and heartbreaking to watch him turn everyone against her (granted, some of that is on the other residents who instead of confronting her about it, just be petty children instead.)  At the same time, I couldn't help but the marvel at it, because I have to say that Jimmy is damn good.  He really knows how to interact with older people (knowing their names, the references, the silly jokes), and to figure out how to use them to his advantage.  He knows when to go broad and when to be more subtle.  And even when I knew what he was doing and was angry at him for it, I could help but still find him charming in a lot of his scenes.  Seriously, Bob Odenkirk was a blast in Breaking Bad, but he is a revelation here.  Really hope he gets an Emmy win one day.

Knew Kim was going to end up getting into a car wreck due to the way they shot the car scene, but I thought it was going to be the typical "Gets T-boned while not paying attention", so the sudden cut to her in the aftermath was still shocking.  Glad it was just going off the road, because I was really worried that it was going to end with her accidentally hitting someone.  At least she's alive, but she looked in rough shape, and I have to imagine this will effect her mentally, physically, and even professionally, since she obviously won't make that meeting with the new client (also great to see Chis Mulkey!)

Nacho's scene with his dad was sad.  Again, he isn't innocent in this at all, but he really does love his dad and doesn't want him to be part of this life.  I'm glad that Michael Mando is getting more moments to shine in the last half of this season.  Of course, I'm prepared for the worst when it comes to his fate.  Not sure if Hector will find out or something else will happen.  Also, I don't know if it was a fake-out, but I wonder if they are hinting that Gus might be suspecting something, due to the way he was staring at Nacho after Hector's attack.

So, Howard tries to push out Chuck (a.k.a. "have him retire"), so Chuck being Chuck, naturally he decides to sue the firm instead, knowing that he will likely destroy them.  Chuck would be willing to burn everything down for his sake, but Howard really should have saw that coming.  I did enjoy him comparing Jimmy to Gollum, although the idea of Howard watching The Lord of the Rings is an interesting picture in my head.  Never would have pegged him for a sci-fi/fantasy fan, but I guess they come in all types!

Fun seeing more of this younger, calmer Lydia.  Her scene with Mike wasn't as big as the rest, but I enjoy seeing Mike go over everything with a fine tooth comb, because, after all, he doesn't half-ass anything.  No half measures!

Curious to see how this season will end next week!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 10
59 minutes ago, Jextella said:

A bit after the fact, the runny mascara all over Kim's eyes seems like it would take some time to happen....kinda like she may have been knocked out after the accident took place. 

I just saw blood.  I've (thankfully) never experienced it but I understand that an airbag going off can do a number on your face.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Yeah, I hated how he screwed with Irene and made her life so much worse, just to turn a quick buck for himself.

But I still hated him for it, because regardless of how indirectly he was hurting her, he knew he was hurting Irene and he just would not let up. He was relentless and *remorseless.* So cold-hearted.

I don't even understand why he thought the payout would matter so much. I mean, I know he needs the money (or at least really wants the money), but "all our troubles are over"? Come on. He's the only one involved who even cares about the money anyway!

That's the thing about the suit. Some of the seniors could use the money. With some of the others, they might in a situation where if they got a windfall, the government might just end up taking it all anyway. Others don't really need the money now and would rather have it just go to their heirs 5 or 10 years from now so they don't end up paying taxes and then when the heirs inherit it, paying taxes a second time on the same money.  In those years, all money inherited worth over $1,000,000 pays an estate tax of 50%. If they've already got over a million in the bank, they might just prefer their heirs to just directly receive the payment so the heirs don't have to pay both income and inheritance tax. 

The seniors should have been given a choice in terms they understand. It seems like Irene really didn't understand what's going on and just trusted the lawyers. That's a bit unethical from the lawyer's side. All of the other seniors should be in the loop.

None of this makes what Jimmy did any better.

• Love 5
(edited)

It is possible for Jimmy to be acting unethically, while the Sandpiper residents' lawyers are also acting against at least some of the residents' best interests, by advising Irene to wait to get more. Some clients, especially elderly clients, are best served by getting money quickly, even if waiting will result in a larger settlement. It's one of the real dilemmas of large class actions; the interests of all the clients don't perfectly align.

The last scene was tough for me to watch. I've had two friends die that way; working too many long hours, terrible sleep habits, then falling asleep at the wheel. Luckily they didn't kill anybody else.

I more than ever suspect Kim is going to end up partner at HHM, and Jimmy will see that as the final  betryal

Edited by Bannon
Spelling
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Bannon said:

It is possible for Jimmy to be acting unethically, while the Sandpiper residents' lawyers are also acting against at least some of the residents' best interests, by advising Irene to wait to get more. Some clients, especially elderly clients, are best served by getting money quickly, even if waiting will result in a larger settlement. It's one of the real dilemmas of large class actions; the interests of all the clients don't perfectly align.

The last seen was tough for me to watch. I've had two friends die that way; working too many long hours, terrible sleep habits, then falling asleep at the wheel. Luckily they didn't kill anybody else.

I more than ever suspect Kim is going to end up partner at HHM, and Jimmy will see that as the final  betryal

If HHM adds more partners, would that reduce Chucks ownership and therefore payoff amount. Two partners split it 2 ways, three partners, 3 ways.....

1 hour ago, zibnchy said:

I've been wondering this for a while -- doesn't it seem like those two clients of Kim's are big enough and lucrative enough that she could hire a bunch of hungry young lawyers to help? Or even paralegals? Or Jimmy? Can Jimmy work as a paralegal while his license is suspended? Why is she doing all the work herself.

I had the same thought, clearly she must be making enough to hire more help. I'm not sure if Jimmy can work there officially, but even if he can't, nothing's going to stop him from helping her unofficially without pay (whether the Bar knows or not). 

47 minutes ago, scenario said:

The scene shows her driving and then, cut scene, suddenly, she's in the ditch. If the tires had burst, we would have seen her fighting for control of the car.

It's more like her view of what happened from the outside. I'm driving along and then "How the hell did I hit something?" That fits with her falling asleep and not knowing that the car was drifting.  (It's also a cool way to save money. No stunt scene of a car crash.)

She clearly fell asleep, which is why we didn't get to see what happened prior to the crash - Kimmy blacked out and so did the scene. I was just comforting myself "they're not going to kill her in a car crash" and the next second I see the airbags working - "nope, they're not". 

It was a close one, it'll most likely lead her to do something about the situation. Someone said Howard should offer her a partnership - that would be in the best interest of both, and Howard can certainly use the money right now. Of course that may not be what will happen, so we'll see. 

I was excited to see the Madrigal logo - and then Lydia working at a desk! I must be the only one, but I always found her fun to watch. I wouldn't mind seeing more of her or Madrigal.

• Love 4

Jimmy is either getting sloppy or cocky...going to Howard to push for a quick settlement tipped his hand. Now when poor Irene suddenly decides to settle, Howard will smell a rat. Also, Irene reminded me of my Nana. No one better mess with my Nana!

• Love 9
(edited)
12 minutes ago, scenario said:

If HHM adds more partners, would that reduce Chucks ownership and therefore payoff amount. Two partners split it 2 ways, three partners, 3 ways.....

For some reason, I got the impression that there are more than two partners at HHM.  It's just that Howard and Chuck (and Hamlin Sr.) are the two name partners.  As for the split, I would imagine the valuation would be done at the point the lawsuit is filed and therefore, Howard can't just keep adding partners to lower that valuation. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2

Jimmy does shitty stuff all the time... and I'm not just talking about when he was young but recently... he used Chuck's girlfriend, he kept trying to con struggling businesses into buying his air time, even this episode he was totally being a childish prick trying to get Kim to be late to her meeting and that's on top of what he did to Irene.  I can empathize with guy and he can be very charming, but I think the main thing he has going for him is only that he isn't quite as shitty as the other attorneys.  Kim is the decent person in the show... maybe Nacho and Mike sometimes... but Jimmy's deceptively bad just like Jesse was in Breaking Bad.  Which is to say you often root for the character, but if you take the time to think about it, you probably shouldn't.

• Love 10

Jimmy's going to regret telling Kim that the Sandpiper settlement was a fait accompli before HHM even knows that sweet Irene wants to accept the current offer.  I don't know how, and I don't know when...but he's going to regret it. 

Poor Kim.

• Love 7
(edited)

I have been getting annoyed at Kim all season for basically forcing herself to live her life in the most unpleasant way possible. Why is she breaking her own back for this? She's not even using the vast amounts of money she must be making. Remember when she showered at the gym in the morning rather than at a home? She doesn't seem like a particularly proud person so it's not as if she's trying to prove someone wrong. I guess she's just one of those people who literally cannot stand being idle. We all know people like that, and Kim takes it to an extreme. It's finally costing her here. 

Edited by knaankos
  • Love 4