Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Don't Cry Over Cut Onions

• Start Topic

Malia, Wes, and Adam find themselves in uncharted emotional territory as news of their love triangle spreads below deck. The Oklahomans return as charter guests keeping the interior on their toes as they struggle to keep up with their demanding requests. Max misses his girlfriend, while Lauren continues to feel the heat as her duties mount. When Adam deliberately goes against a guest's food preferences and his food is sent back, tempers flare in the galley. And, a low blow from Adam about Hannah's job performance puts Bugsy in the middle of their growing animosity towards each other.

(edited)

I am unimpressed with Adams skills compared to Bens.  If he can't figure out how to make a flavorful dish without onions, he's not is very good chef.  He also seems to try and get away with a continental breakfast.  One of the primaries just asked for eggs.  

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I am unimpressed with Adams skills compared to Bens.  If he can't figure out how to make a flavorful dish without onions, he's not is very good chef.  He also seems to try and get away with a continental breakfast.  One of the primaries just asked for eggs.  

They also bitched about that breakfast, saying something like "Oh joy, a cheese and fruit plate."  I have to admit, I am enjoying Adam's comeuppance that he seems to be getting in the next episode.  He's really an asshole.

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I am unimpressed with Adams skills compared to Bens.  If he can't figure out how to make a flavorful dish without onions, he's not s very good chef.  He also seems to try and get away with a continental breakfast.  One of the primaries just asked for eggs.  

And he acted like a petulant child when the primary didn't want to eat it. Now he's talking about people being unprofessional. SMH. Do they not have coolers to put the food in for picnics?

• Love 9

Sorry Adam, but some people have legitimate reasons to state no onions. Personally, I can't eat onions, garlic, white rice, mushrooms, or wheat (other glutens I'm just fine with) without getting horrible migraines. Apples and pears give me problems as well. It means I make a lot of smart decisions about how to season food and I never went to culinary school. If I was on that charter and I was given a plateful of foods I can't eat, I'd be pissed. I'm not spending 12-24 hours huddled in the dark while I'm on a ridiculously expensive vacation.

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Forget Ben, I'd even take a plate of Leon's beef cheeks at this point. Adam is pitiful. I've had better looking meals from a food truck. I hope Sandy fires him next week. The only fake out I will accept is Bobby getting fired.

I love Max! I feel like all his good zingers get glosses over but he seems like a blast to have on board :)

• Love 12

Totally done with Adam. I would be so pissed if I chartered a yacht and have the chef cook food I don't like. After the second dish I would have been calling the captain.

Next week is gonna be awesome when Sandy (hopefully) fires his ass

• Love 11

Are they just passing the Asshole crown this season? Bobby took it off for a couple eps and now Adam has it?

Kudos to Hannah and her patience. I did appreciate her reply to Adam's slut defense(which I also didn't buy and I'm sorry but if slut is that casual in your vocabulary, that's still a problem): "I doubt he was calling the sage a slut."

i hope Captain Sandy rips him a new one.

• Love 11

Bobby can fuck off with his talking head where he says "I said I liked her first" regarding Malia. You don't get to call dibs on a human being! What a colossal asshole. And Adam is an asshole, as well. Be a pro, quit giving the guests food they don't like. When the crew gets a bad tip due to his idiocy, who will he blame?

• Love 21
(edited)

I was excited to see that we finally had a new chef onboard this season, as I have a lot of Ben fatigue, but Adam is basically Ben with the volume turned up even further. When he said pulled that 'Bugsy should be the chief stew" garbage, you could see his eyes light up; he's 100% playing for the cameras. That's also why he's creeping on Malia and probably why he's repeatedly ignoring the preference sheet. Anything to pull focus. I mean, I think all of these things are emblematic of his true character, but he's pulling me out of it with how intentional everything seems. No finesse at all.

Also, Ben has pulled this too and I call bullshit on it -- there's no way anyone who's a veteran chef has never had plates sent back. That's just a fact of life, especially if you're a complacent piece of shit who includes ingredients the guest specifically asked left off. But even if he was as good as he thinks he is, there's always a decent chance you'll have someone finicky enough to send back the plate. I've never done it (except for something like an outright incorrect order or a hair), but I've witnessed it many times as a diner and heard many more horror stories from cook and server friends. 

Also, I'm neither new money nor a pain in the ass (usually), but I also don't like onions. I don't cook anything that will result in big cooked chunks or caramelized slivers in the end product -- I dice them super finely and let them basically evaporate or soften enough to be undetectable. It's not a ridiculous preference. I'm really over having cooks that sign up for this show, knowing they have to cater specifically to a small group of rich people (frequently assholes) and throw fits about specific preferences and needs. That's quite literally the job description, to cater to their finicky asses.

Edited by annewithaneee
  • Love 14

It's so much bullshit about tasty food not existing without onions.  I live with someone who will die if they eat enough onions (as well as other foods).  It's not an allergy but it's treated the same, you simply don't make food with those items.  I make the food so tasty that people aren't aware that it is missing onions.

I would be so fucking pissed if a private chef (which is what Adam essentially is here) refused to follow my preferences because he was too lazy or he felt it would make for a better show to include them.  This isn't the first time he's ignored preferences, he put butter on the food of the women who didn't want any tasty fats in their food.  Who cares if he thinks the food would taste better made with the ingredients he wants to use?  He's not the one paying for the food nor is he the one eating it.

• Love 16

I have a good friend who does not tolerate onions.  Long story short she was with a work group as a new hire ate the food with onions.  Before she knew it the onions came back to haunt her and before she could excuse herself let out a massive fart while trying to get to the bathroom.  Onion intolerance is real and uncomfortable.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Eater of Worlds said:

It's so much bullshit about tasty food not existing without onions.  I live with someone who will die if they eat enough onions (as well as other foods).  It's not an allergy but it's treated the same, you simply don't make food with those items.  I make the food so tasty that people aren't aware that it is missing onions.

I would be so fucking pissed if a private chef (which is what Adam essentially is here) refused to follow my preferences because he was too lazy or he felt it would make for a better show to include them.  This isn't the first time he's ignored preferences, he put butter on the food of the women who didn't want any tasty fats in their food.  Who cares if he thinks the food would taste better made with the ingredients he wants to use?  He's not the one paying for the food nor is he the one eating it.

I posted something about a week ago that some chefs or hairstylist think they're artists and will do what they want; special requests be damned! 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, pieinmyeye said:

And he acted like a petulant child when the primary didn't want to eat it. Now he's talking about people being unprofessional. SMH. Do they not have coolers to put the food in for picnics?

I have many issues with Adam on a number of things:

1. If a person wants to pay thousands, hundreds, tens of dollars or loose fucking change for food, a trip, or entertainment then that person deserves to have exactly what they paid for provided it's not illegal and can be accomplished with the funds provided.
  2. If you thought their onion preference is bullshit, then don't leave recognizable chunks of onion for your guests to identify. Fucking puree that shit.
  3. There was no reason to cop an attitude with Hannah about shit he fucked up twice.
  4. There was no reason for him to bitch out Hannah because the ferry was delayed. If he's going to be all swole about his food dying, either he or Bugsy could have taken a cooler with some ice to the ferry entrance and kept the dishes there until the ferry was ready to leave at 1:30. Hannah wasn't even on the yacht when that was announced. She was in the town buying provisions for the charter and the yacht. If it had been me, I would remind Adam that these provisions were for sluts and he's not entitled to use them.
  5. His dick out end zone dance peacocking about Malia indicates that his interest is less about connecting with Malia and more about having an attractive girl to bang during the next 5 weeks. And also rubbing it in everyone's faces.

Max clowning on Malia was hilarious. He had me dying when he called her the joker.

Ultimately, I knew Malia was more interested in Adam because she immediately dimed Wes out to Adam. If she cared even a little about Wes, she would have kept quiet or talked to one of the other girls (never to blabber mouth Lauren), but telling the other guy who liked her is humiliating. 

Water is still wet. Lauren is still exhausting.

I liked Captain Sandy letting Wes get some practice with the yacht.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8

And to top it all off with Adam, he blamed Hannah for the food sitting out too long on the ferry.  Like Hannah just made up the time the ferry was supposed to leave.  He just totally went down the tubes this episode.  And yeah, the onion thing was somehow Hannah's fault.  Jerk.

And yes, it was great to see Wes getting his chance at the wheel leaving the dock.  Ok.  It's not really a wheel.

• Love 18
(edited)

I think everyone already covered the Adam issues more eloquently than I.  I have no idea what his problem was, because all his excuses were pretty lame. He seemed to be fine with the previous charters preference sheets that were more complicated than "no onions". The whole issue just seemed so strange. He got that irritated that four of the guests requested no onions that he blatantly ignored the request? Seriously? Is he irritated at Hannah and is taking it out on the guests? It does not matter it is all dickish behavior.

I was on Hannah's side regarding Adam, but I did not think Bugsy was demanding Hannah that Lauren take another stew with her to the falls. I thought Bugsy was letting Hannah know that Lauren was being typical Lauren with feeling overwhelmed and if they could spare another stew to go with Lauren. I did not think Hannah took the conversation like Bugsy intended. 

Oh Wes, I like you so much when you are not in the Wes/Malia/Adam triangle. I liked that he seemed excited to get a chance at the helm. If the triangle keeps going on Max might be creeping in to my favorite position along with Bugsy who just seems to be doing her job.

I understood Malia's point when she was confronting Lauren, but then she kept following Lauren around rehashing it. I feel like we see more of Adam or Wes' views than Malia's regarding it all. I have to agree with Lauren that if Malia likes Adam or Wes she should pick one, mainly because they all live and work together in close quarters. It is easier to date (or as these three were doing kiss) more than one person when everyone is not living and working together.

Less Bobby in this episode was nice.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 5

Malia wearing Adam's hat on deck was a dick move. She knew what she was doing. "Oh, but I'm not THAT kinda gurrrrl"...

And speaking of dicks, Adam must be sporting a pretty small one to be preening like he is. Was he able to cook the eggs without onion?

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

The holy trinity is peppers, onions, and CELERY not garlic.

I might have yelled that at the TV. 

Krka Waterfalls is one of my favorites though I like the variety of Plitvice Lakes a little better. 

Adam should had made a big breakfast because he knew they were going to be off the boat for most of the day and not have access to snacks and stuff.

• Love 6

OMG, y'all. 
Adam: Such a dick tonight!  How he is treating Malia is downright awful. She is a person, not a prize. She gets to choose, not you. And the onions!  If the primary doesn't want onions that means no onions!  Why is this so hard!!!  I'm seriously one of the world's pickiest eaters so I am used to just eating around things but if I'm paying all that money for a charter then my preferences better be followed.  Call it entitlement but I call it paying for the stupid charter!

Wes: I feel so bad for him. He is such a sweet guy and Malia and Adam are just being horrible to him. Speaking of...

Malia: Grrr. I get that she's young but how she is acting is downright awful.  You don't play those games in your work environment.  Especially your work environment where y'all live together!  It is 6 weeks.  Flirt for 6 weeks and then act on it when the charter is over. And seriously, she went off on Lauren and the level of her reaction was uncalled for. If you don't want people to comment on it and gossip about it then you don't do it and flaunt it in front of everybody. She could have easily and politely told Lauren that she really didn't want it be discussed and wanted her private life to remain private but she skipped that level and went straight to nuclear. 

Hannah: I don't blame her for being pissed off at Adam. The onion thing is consistent. She was also totally in the right about calling out Adam for calling her a slut and then not accepting his lame explanation. 

Bobby: Less Bobby is better Bobby. 

Max: I think he is my new favorite. He's funny and he just seems like a good guy. 

• Love 13

Well heck.  I love onions but no, just no, you don't 'need' onions.  And if you can't create a dish without them, then that says more about you as chef than the person who requests that onions not be part of the 'recipe'

• Love 10
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Adam should had made a big breakfast because he knew they were going to be off the boat for most of the day and not have access to snacks and stuff.

They were taking food with them on the trip to the falls, but yeah his breakfast looked like it was seriously lacking. I'm sure the guests were happy to fly halfway across the world, spend $50,000 to charter this yacht, to only have the chef ignore their preferences and serve them the breakfast at a Hampton Inn. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Plus....what's the point of a preference sheet if you just ignore it?*  The guests list their likes and dislikes, and I get that it can sometimes be frustrating for a chef if the charter is full of guests with tons of idiosyncratic requests and/or allergies, but a) this was an easygoing group ("no onions" was their only request; and b) that's the job!  

* I think the editors threw in the scene with Bugsy suggesting peanut butter cookies for the picnic, saying she noticed it on the preference sheet, just to show that Adam probably never read them.

ETA: HH - I think we were thinking the same thing at the same time.  Jinx!

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 5

My little heart breaks for Wes but I think he took it in stride. It was mature of him to sweep it under the rug in the morning and focus on work instead. This is not the battle you want to fight. Adam is a shitbag and if Malia wants to use the yacht as her own personal episode of The Bachelorette, I hope Wes sees through the shenanigans and lets those two be miserable together. But I'm gonna be real pissed if Adam's onion-gate gets him fired next week and suddenly Malia's all "Wes, it was you all along" because that shit is tired.

Still I find it enthralling how both Bobby and Lauren managed to take this little love triangle and make it all about themselves. Especially Lauren who already had her moment in the sun when she didn't just kiss, but slept with Bobby and Ben, presumably in the same weekend, then love triangled her way to a job. Gross, those two deserve each other.

3 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

Hannah showed enormous restraint with Adam.  His comments about the guests being "new money" were completely out of line.  He was cute for about two seconds...until he opened his mouth. Good for Hannah for calling him out on disregarding the guests preference sheet.

The limited amount of Bobby screen time was a welcome change.

Very true, right up until he brought up the charter guests hot tub orgy last season.

Me @ Bobby:

Being-Voice-Reason.gif

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

They were taking food with them on the trip to the falls, but yeah his breakfast looked like it was seriously lacking.

Oh I know they were taking food but that was for a picnic at the waterfalls, not for eating on the ferry from Skradin, where they were docked, to Krka about 30 minutes  and then there is a bit of a walk and given the shitty way they packed it's going to take a few trips than set up so even if the  guests probably weren't going to eat until 1:30-1:45 at the earliest if the ferry had left on time which is a fairly late lunch then I imagine a few hours at the falls waiting for the return ferry, etc. And a nice breakfast makes sense particularly these people drink. Also, if Bugs is such a great stew, Adam such a stickler for food  safety why on earth was their solution to throw a blanket over already wrapped food and not carry the stuff back to the boat since they knew it was an hour delay.

• Love 4

Adam's twitter was pretty chipper -- he said "Stay tuned! I made a lot of bad choices."  Curious what that means.   On another note is it asking too much to see fresh guests each time and no repeats? And what's with the sudden arrival of the slide and trampoline? Do we look that stupid that the "owner decided to add to the amenities"?  Also the picnicking pack up was so lame -- not even tupperware not to mention a cooler.  

• Love 3

Adam: "I hate serving people and being hospitable."

Employment Counselor:  "You know what would be a good idea?  Working in the service industry and hospitality fields."

Adam: "Perfect!"

Me:"Dumb ass....."

• Love 12
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

The holy trinity is peppers, onions, and CELERY not garlic.

A chef getting this wrong legit angered me.  No wonder he couldn't cook without onions; he clearly is an idiot.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:

They also bitched about that breakfast, saying something like "Oh joy, a cheese and fruit plate."  I have to admit, I am enjoying Adam's comeuppance that he seems to be getting in the next episode.  He's really an asshole.

I haven't seen the episode, yet. Will watch tonight. However, a cheese and fruit plate would have been sent back with a demand for a proper breakfast. And if he still sent an inadequate breakfast after that, I'd have told the chief stew to handle it, even if that means getting the captain involved. At that point, I would have made sure all the tips were bound individually and given all but one dollar of his tip to the chief stew. Because that's what happens to people who won't do their job and force someone else to deal with the consequences.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

They were taking food with them on the trip to the falls, but yeah his breakfast looked like it was seriously lacking. I'm sure the guests were happy to fly halfway across the world, spend $50,000 to charter this yacht, to only have the chef ignore their preferences and serve them the breakfast at a Hampton Inn. 

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. It looked like the breakfast "spread" at a Hampton Inn!

• Love 3

I don't think an entire cast (or most of a cast) has pissed me off as much as this season of Below Deck Med. I actually changed the channel mid-episode and KEPT it off, which is VERY rare for me. 

Adam is an ass for blowing off the guest's preferences--it just makes me realize that if I ever (haha!) went on a chartered cruise, I'd write in some serious legal/contractual language about following my dietary requests (related to a life-and-death nut allergy); I would want to make it clear that if some dbag chef wanted to toss nuts or nut oil into stuff to mess with me, he'd be legally responsible for my medical bills and/or death. The last thing an allergic person wants is to be on a boat or in a remote location and have a severe episode. So thanks a TON, Adam, for being irresponsible, douchey, and arrogant. I wish Scott "No Raw Onions" Conant on you.

And then there's "I'm not doing this for drama" Malia. Sure. 

The rest of them, except Max, are tiresome. 

• Love 5

If you're a James Beard Award-winning chef with a bunch of super successful restaurants, fine, no substitutions,  cook things exactly how you want, customers be damned.  If you're a chef on a charter yacht, you follow the fucking preference sheet and make it work, Adam.

• Love 4

I didn't like how Lauren responded and judged Malia's kissing Adam and Wes, but I didn't like Malia's response either. It's not a matter of kissing two guys in one night. Go for it! It's a matter of doing that with two guys you're working with in a very small space for a short, concentrated period of time, and then acting as if that won't cause drama. I mean, come'on, no one is that young or naive. Malia keeps asserting that she has 5 brothers, she's worldly, but clearly not.

i also think it gross how Adam and Bobby are just taking turns pissing on Malia the Prize and seem to be disregarding Malia the Person. I'm glad Wes isn't acting like that, though I feel bad that he seemed genuinely hurt here, adding to me irritation with how Malia responded  and how she announced her kissing Adam to Wes in front of everyone. I hope Wes just backs off for the rest of their time. No good will come from this.

Unless Adam is fired, which I doubt, since it wouldn't be in the promo like that. Captain Sandy will give him another shot

• Love 5
(edited)

I know its not going to happen, bit with Adam's onion gate, and from the previews, more to follow, it would be kind of funny if he is kicked off and Ben has to come in again to rescuer the charter season. I know much of this is made for TV but how can Adam continue to stay on the boat and be such a dick. I hope he is cut out of the tip.

ETA: So far, very impressed with Wes and his demeanor and commitment to his job and getting better. Also really liking Cap Sandy and how she deals with her crew.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 4

I don't think he's getting fired next week...although this was in the previews for the upcoming season, I'll spoiler tag just in case. 

Spoiler

Doesn't it show him punching Wes in the previews, as well as saying "I kissed a whore" in regards to Malia, or am I remembering incorrectly? If I'm not imagining this, I can't see ALL of that happening in one episode on top of Sandy addressing Oniongate. Therefore, I don't think he's getting fired...at least not next ep. 

The whole Adam onion-gate is totally producer driven. Right? No way a private charter chef would dare behave the way he did. Right? My sister has an onion allergy, it's not a taste thing, it's an allergy thing so no way he would do that on purpose. Right? It's like having a peanut allergy, you just dont mess around with that stuff.

Because if the producers didn't " produce"these moment that would make Adam the most asshollish asshole that ever walked the planet.

And the whole Malia thing. Girl, you aren't all that and whether you realize it or not these guys are treating you like meat and it's stomach churning not something to giggle about and think it makes you powerful. Just the opposite. Blech.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Belowdeckchatter said:

My guess is there is probably a reason for why he lives in van.

Hahahaha, I just did a spit take!!!! Thank you !!!!!

I'm not interested enough to go back and watch again, but as I remember it, Malia was headed down the hall, Adam said something to come on to her, she said "You're too late" and he grabbed her face and kissed her.  No, she didn't kick him in the balls and run, but it didn't look like she solicited it or was particularly throwing herself into it at the time, either (granted we were seeing it from her back).

And then within minutes dark haired stew whose upper lip unfortunately tends to curl up and stick at the gumline at inopportune moments started yukking it up about how Malia was quite the little scamp. 

Yes, she seems more into Adam than Wes in the aftermath of that kiss, and maybe it was good enough that given some time to think about it (and the fact that Wes is her boss) she decided to lean in that direction.  But at the time 3rd stew was playing it up, I can totally see why she wasn't having it.  

On the Bobby front, his talking heads have gotten so relaxed and easy breezy (and lame) that I suspect that they have good cop/bad cop producers interviewing the cast, and he's trying to be all suave and debonair and charming with one of them.  Maybe she's acting like she's eating it up, resulting in how smarmy he has gotten.

And in the interest of fairness, although I literally hooted when the water bottle fell on his face, he reacted with a smile and not rage, and I give him quite a bit of credit for that.  

• Love 5

Interestingly enough, I don't have a problem with Malia. Obviously it is not wise to go for both boys in closed quarters but this crew is young and a bunch of horn dogs  ( the boys and girls). I have read a couple of books from former stews and the job seems to be all about being young, and wanting to travel  and see the world for free and meet the opposite sex. Some are in it for a career ( captain) but most see it as a means to an end.

But if I was Malia, after seeing how Adam treated the clients and Hannah ( as well as herself) I would have found Wes so much more desirable . But , bad boys...........

Speaking of Adam, chefs position is a career. His mistakes are most egregious . I would not want him as my chef if I was celiac, allergic. He is the type that would think "its just a smidgen" and add the ingredient. Better have your anaphylactic  medicine on hand.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, sadie said:

The whole Adam onion-gate is totally producer driven. Right? No way a private charter chef would dare behave the way he did. Right? My sister has an onion allergy, it's not a taste thing, it's an allergy thing so no way he would do that on purpose. Right? It's like having a peanut allergy, you just dont mess around with that stuff.

Not to defend Adam, but usually the preferences are separated by actual medical issues, like allergies. So he was just ignoring the clientele's likes and dislikes and not an actual allergy. Which isn't better but at least not life threatening that could leave everyone open to a lawsuit. 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 2
(edited)
39 minutes ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Not to defend Adam, but usually the preferences are separated by actual medical issues, like allergies. So he was just ignoring the clientele's likes and dislikes and not an actual allergy. Which isn't better but at least not life threatening that could leave everyone open to a lawsuit. 

Absolutely !

Additionnally, as the "no onion" guy just put the fresh onions on the side of his plate during the first supper, if I'm not mistaken. That was her wife (?) the primary, who told that it was not OK, and he answered that was not problematic... Adam should have stayed at that and feeling relieved for that one....

And THAT's my big problem with Adam : it's NOT because the guest was really cool regarding his -not respected- preferences the first time that it was a "ho, you're such a gooooood chef that I LOVE onions now ! Thanks ! I want more for next meals". Were I the primary, I also would have been pissed, and more than she was...

Regarding Malia, it was not the most brilliant thing to do, but I like the way she was owning it (©Lisa Rinna). And the "triangle good morning" with the boys and Malia was the best way to deal with it. Until now, regarding that point, the guys are dealing with it correctly

And Lauren, please ! You STILL are a mean girl ! (mean or jealous.... chose one to pick ! But you HAVE to chose one ^_^ ) and a shit stirrer

Still loving Captain Sandy, and liked the moment with Wes and the undocking. I reminded me Captain Lee with Conny and the anchoring. I really appreciate that kind of moments, because it seem organic.

+/- Off topic : missing Conny. She would have been a great addition to this crew. It would have been a great tandem with Wes !!!

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, missyb said:

ETA: So far, very impressed with Wes and his demeanor and commitment to his job and getting better. Also really liking Cap Sandy and how she deals with her crew.

I was just thinking about how except for Kelley Johnson on the mothership and Wes, every other Bosun has been a captain. I suspect that's some of the reason that we didn't get some of the captain mentoring the deck crew scenes that we're getting now. Lee did a little bit of that with Connie, Kelley, and Nico. I appreciate that Sandy is taking the time to teach the crew. I loved how she dealt with Bobby during the anchor incident.

@Diane Mars if I could put together my dream crew it would be Eddie as 1st mate, Wes as Bosun, Nico, Connie, and it's a toss up between Emile (very cute), Max (very funny), and Dave (competent and no drama). Inside, for sure Amy and Jules. I think Kate barely edges out Hannah just because Hannah has too much man drama. I'm fine with either Lee or Sandy as the captain. I think I'd pick Ben as the chef only because he's not one to really shove his hookups in peoples' faces. 

On the S.S. Famewhore, Aleks, Rocky, Danny, Bobby, Kat, Lauren (the stew), Andrew, Sierra, Adam, and Trevor.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6

I would be interested to see if this group the last time they chartered had the NO ONION restriction. Made me wonder if Ben was a bit of an onion monkey. I have a tad bit of sympathy for Adam in that it seems he is a personal chef to so many different restrictions.  At best Adam is making two different meals, and should suck it up, at worst he has an interesting group of people that put a lot emphasis on the food.  I am always reminded of the fiancé of some turd guest who just wanted a quesadilla ala Taco Bell.

I don't get the breakfast thing-it seemed there was breakfast meat on the egg plate.  I love having breakfast served to me, hate the idea of three to four different pans when I make it, so I would think on the preference sheet there would be a space for "full on breakfast".    Adam didn't seem to mind making eggs and he was putting together a huge lunch for the group. 

• Love 1
(edited)
26 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I would be interested to see if this group the last time they chartered had the NO ONION restriction...

If I'm not mistaken, there were only really few people (only the primary ad hubby ?) back in this comeback. I deleted the episode, but I think it's easy to check it at the beginning of the ep, when the guests come aboard and the crew welcome them, mostly because Hannah and Bobby were there last year.

Edited by Diane Mars
2 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

Additionnally, as the "no onion" guy just put the fresh onions on the side of his plate during the first supper, if I'm not mistaken. That was her wife (?) the primary, who told that it was not OK, and he answered that was not problematic... Adam should have stayed at that and feeling relieved for that one..

The primary sent the dish with onions back before eating it, when he got his new plate it had chives on it that is when the wife said it was unacceptable which I agree with given that they had already highlighted the issue and to have Adam ignore it when he was making the replacement was just unacceptable.

• Love 6