Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: The Politics of Friendship

• Start Topic

Carole and her mother go canvassing in Pennsylvania, then Carole and her friends watch the election results come in; Dorinda contrives to get Ramona to her surprise party, but Ramona unknowingly throws a wrench into the plans.

I didn't expect Carole to take the election loss so well. I did notice that ther was no footage of her 'day drinking' the next afternoon as I'm sure that's when the waterfalls began. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

but I got no idea of where the rest of them stood really, and that pissed me off. Bethenny especially. It's not a good look to seem so bemused by the high anxiety in the room, like she couldn't even bother to mask that she's too rich and too white to really have a dog in this fight. 

I thought the same thing. And Luann with her "I'm too in love to care"

Carole's reading her toast to her mom made me sad.

2 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Carole slipping about the surprise party is totally something I would do LOL 

And Ramona was still fooled. Girl, get up off that floor!

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Well, I'm glad the specter of November 8 is no longer hanging over this season and we're done with it. It was maddening, though. I don't pay attention to social media in the off-season -- do we know how anyone else voted? Carole and Dorinda were Team Hillary of course, and Ramona I could either see as a third party or Trump voter, but I got no idea of where the rest of them stood really, and that pissed me off. Bethenny especially. It's not a good look to seem so bemused by the high anxiety in the room, like she couldn't even bother to mask that she's too rich and too white to really have a dog in this fight. 

Blergh. While I haven't loved Carole's smug election storyline, watching her tearful phone call to her mom the next morning really hit me in the gut. I spent at least two weeks after the election - which I believe would cover Ramona's party, as she's an 11/17 baby - in a depressive haze, physically struggling to get through a workday. Pretty sure I would've completely lost my shit had I needed to film a reality show during that time.

Bethenny was at this Hillary fundraiser- tickets were $40,000.00  http://people.com/politics/leonardo-dicaprio-jennifer-lopez-attend-hillary-clinton-fundraiser/

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I got a kick out of the interaction between Carole and her mother.  They were cute.  Her mom reminded me a little of Bette Midler (maybe it was the voice or accent).

Me too--I kept expecting her to start belting out a song!!  Carole's Mom seems like a pretty cool woman!  :-)

• Love 13

I was happy to see/hear Carole acknowledge that her ability to go shopping with Ramona after the election more or less highlighted that she (Hillary supporter) was out of step with the rest of the country.  I was/am a huge Hillary supporter, but watching Carole discuss the election this year with others really troubled me.  Right or wrong she came off as a super elitist snob.  The same probably could've been said about me.  

It was still painful to watch election night again.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

This kind of surprises me, because Bethenny's comments and behaviors tonight led me to think that she either voted for Trump or she didn't really care one way or the other.

Actually, my first thought was that Bethenny may have done a write-in with her own name.

I'm thinking Bethenny paid to go to the fundraiser to meet all the celebrities. I had no use for her or Luann this episode.

Ramona's date looked like...he spends a lot of time at OTB?

• Love 10

I wouldn't be surprised if Bethenny attended that Hillary fundraiser simply for the status it would bring her. Hillary attracted the A list crowd and Bethenny would want to hang out with them. Maybe she was a Hillary supporter but would not surprise me at all if she voted Trump.

LuAnn just leaving the party was great. That is how I like to leave a party.

Sonja and Ramona would do themselves a huge favor by cutting their hair. Both would look better with shorter hair.

Um, Sonja, Tinsley does not work for you. Nor was she your date. Get your own drink or at least ASK her to get one for you if she was getting one.

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

I'm thinking Bethenny paid to go to the fundraiser to meet all the celebrities. I had no use for her or Luann this episode.

Ramona's date looked like...he spends a lot of time at OTB?

Or, Bethenny could have been invited by someone else, who may have paid for the ticket (or purchased a table....yikes at that contribution!!)

10 minutes ago, cincivic said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Bethenny attended that Hillary fundraiser simply for the status it would bring her. Hillary attracted the A list crowd and Bethenny would want to hang out with them. Maybe she was a Hillary supporter but would not surprise me at all if she voted Trump.

LuAnn just leaving the party was great. That is how I like to leave a party.

Sonja and Ramona would do themselves a huge favor by cutting their hair. Both would look better with shorter hair.

Um, Sonja, Tinsley does not work for you. Nor was she your date. Get your own drink or at least ASK her to get one for you if she was getting one.

Sonja is treating Tinsley as an intern, or her servant.  She should not be complaining about how rude Tinsley is, when she is treating Tinsley that way.  I don't recall Sonja acting this way to Luann, when Luann was living with her.  Maybe because Tinsley is younger, Sonja thinks she can boss her around?  

• Love 9

On social media, Beth seemed to be a HRC supporter, although she didn't say a lot. Mainly she just sometimes made it clear she thought Trump was a buffoon. She was pretty careful most of the time, as were most of them. There are not a lot of these chicks that are not afraid of totally alienating the viewers, and you can keep more fans by calling someone a whore than you can by talking politics. Carole was open, as was Dorinda on this show and Heather Dubrow on OC (for HRC).  Outside of that, they kept pretty quiet. 

• Love 9

I was wrong the price of the ticket was $33,000.00.  Bethenny was on WWHL shortly after she attended the party and her take away was Martha Stewart did not acknowledge her.  With the huge list of A-listers there is no way Bethenny was comped a ticket.  I am not a Bethenny fan but I don't see her voting Trump.  She was also a Bernie Sanders supporter.

• Love 12
53 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Carole and Dorinda were Team Hillary of course, and Ramona I could either see as a third party or Trump voter, but I got no idea of where the rest of them stood really, and that pissed me off. Bethenny especially. It's not a good look to seem so bemused by the high anxiety in the room, like she couldn't even bother to mask that she's too rich and too white to really have a dog in this fight. 

I have been wondering about this all season but didn't want to go there on the boards!  Bethenny has been pretty dodgy and non-committal about her opinion, which is unusual, plus she knows Donald, plus she fucking loves money, plus she has a history in small business and manufacturing that Trump may have appealed to...so....yeah, I don't know.  It wouldn't have surprised me to find out every one of these women, aside from Carole (I didn't realize Dorinda knew the Clintons) had voted for Trump.

• Love 7

Poor George. Too bad that Ramona is not self aware enough to realize her treatment of George is likely symptomatic of why she never makes it to a third date.

I really like Sonja's friend Rocco. He seems like a genuinely nice guy. So he will likely never get any further with Sonja than friends. 

Why did Dorinda want everyone to wear black, when she was wearing what looked like purple? That dress Carole tried on in the store looked amazing. Ramona's red dress - not so much. Once again she looked like sausage meat stuffed in a casing. 

I loved that Carole told her mother that she is glad that her mother was OK with her never wanting kids. And loved her mother saying that she has enough grandchildren. I never wanted kids either, and was so happy that my parents accepted my decision. Had I not had two brothers who supplied them with grandkids they might have felt differently, but as it was I never had to find out. I have friends who have children who don't want children, and they bug them anyway because they want grandkids. So glad I never had to go through that. 

• Love 24
59 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I think he may have done the Irish goodbye

Now that is funny!

12 minutes ago, Neeners said:

At the election party Adam reminded me of the old Sprockets skit on SNL. I was waiting for him to ask people if they wanted to touch his monkey.

And now we dance!

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Andy was kidding Ramona on WWHL tonight about her "date" following her around at the party and Alex straight said that Ramona forgot about him. Ramona then said that she "didn't like him" because she "hated his shoes"! She really is an ass to everyone! LOL

Watching now - Ramona looks fantastic!  I don't know what she's done between the filming of the show and now, but it worked.  (She says she's gained 10 lbs, but I think there's something more)

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Watching now - Ramona looks fantastic!  I don't know what she's done between the filming of the show and now, but it worked.  (She says she's gained 10 lbs, but I think there's something more)

Yes, she looks great but she such an unfiltered asshole that I just cannot like her.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Ramona never makes it to a third date because the men ghost her after the first or second encounter with her.

I was wondering about that comment - how did Ramona go on 10 dates with Tom, then?   ;-)

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Yes, she looks great but she such an unfiltered asshole that I just cannot like her.

Ramona also proved how self-centered she actually is, when she couldn't name many of the men being described.  Jacques, Harry Dubin, etc. - I guess if she hasn't dated them, they are not on her radar.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

She timsed it by two and divided by ten.

I think Ramona has a formula.  With Tom it was meet him on a Monday and by Thursday they were done.  I picture Ramona selling, "three dates and you get a Page Six mention."  I also feel like she is the type to go out to dinner, and orders an extra meal to take home.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I think Ramona has a formula.  With Tom it was meet him on a Monday and by Thursday they were done.  I picture Ramona selling, "three dates and you get a Page Six mention."  I also feel like she is the type to go out to dinner, and orders an extra meal to take home.

YES! She orders drinks and appetizers to eat at the "date" and the takes home a full course meal in swan foil to eat ugly by herself at home. Coco probably gets a few nibbles also.

• Love 14
(edited)

WTH do these women wear?? Carole looking like a blue big bird driving with snippy mum.. BF friends, the blonde lady with that HUGE butt ugly red flower. Too funny. Money doesn't buy good taste. Ramona's red dress, Carole trying on another ugly dress. SMH .Carole's party looked like a miserable affair, and that was before the results .LOL.

Ramona ( sometimes)  does look good for 60! She should stop using pink eyeshadow, it looks like pink eye. Sonja gets on my nerves. People share friends, quick squawking Sonja. Well done Dorinda for pulling off a surprise party, I've tried and failed. I bet she makes a great friend. Tinsley looked pretty, Sonja thinks she's one of her doe eyed interns

Bethenny not  being there again BONUS!! Again, the less I see her , the better the show :):

Edited by F. M.
  • Love 10

Ah, Heather sighting.  I miss Heather.

I'm kind of glad that Beth is mad at Ro because as a result we have less of Beth.  Thank you.  Speaking of Beth, did you notice that Beth's marketing person or whatever was part of the planning of Carole's election party?  Did you notice the product placement and how that placement was very stingy?  Beth's going to be secretly pissed.  I did like the 'pantsuit' theme.  :)

I really liked Carole with her mom.  I also get their disappointment with the election.  I also don't think the election was over done.  It was kept real.

Either Dorinda gave John the memo or John figured it out...don't get overly involved.

Harry?  Really?

Sonja continues to live in Sonja world.  Your two guys are really nothing to make a fuss about.  OK.  Tinsley should have given her a card.  Sonja just continues to be kind of pathetic.

Lu just doesn't give a crap because she has a wedding to plan.

Loved seeing Alex on WWHL.  I couldn't stand her (or Simon) the first couple of seasons.  And then she grew on me.  I loved her response to Andy's question if Beth has changed from her early seasons.  Alex's response:  No.  That was 'shade' and truth.

God, I can't believe I've gotten to this place but let Beth go do her show with Fredrick and bring Jill back.  I walk to the other side of the room in shame.

• Love 24