Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Spanking the Zombie

When Liv consumes the brains of a dominatrix, her bossy and controlling personality makes everyone a little uncomfortable, especially Clive. Meanwhile, Blaine and Peyton have a heart-to-heart.

Promo:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

So thoughts, the FG soldier finding out that there is a cure is not going to end well. I really thought that Ravi was going to get kidnapped before Major could get the cure. Second did I miss the Blaine and Payton "heart to heart"? I wonder what the conversation was about.

• Love 1

I guess they cut out the Blaine/Peyton subplot. Good; I needed a break from those two.

So, Liv randomly started getting an influx of the dead dominatrix's memories after she ate the tested brain? Foreshadowing that Major will have his memories mostly in tact, or at the very least, they'll be able to access them again? 

That being said, I loved seeing more Liv this episode. She was badass as a dominatrix and Rose McIver rocked this episode. I loved seeing recurring characters as well. Most shows wouldn't bring back guest stars like this. 

So, Justin knows about a cure. Oh, please don't turn into a bad guy, Justin! Be part of the Zombie Squad! 

Robert Buckley is really killing it this season. He's really become my second favourite character, below Liv and currently above Ravi only because Ravi's been pissing me off with his mopey jerk attitude the last few episodes. 

• Love 12

I really liked this episode, there were so many good  moments, lots of (understated) humor.  As far as I'm concerned, Liv can be a dominatrix every week, she was perfect (even her voice changed) without going over the top.  Thank god, no Peyton, no Natalie.  I even liked Don E., who somehow manages to come through everything. 

After that lovely "farewell" scene with Liv, Ravi and Major, I am completely convinced now that Blaine's memory loss has been just an act. 

• Love 8

I loved seeing other people's reaction to Liv having a vision. How awkward is it for the other person when she just suddenly spaces out and stares at nothing. 

DomLiv was fun. I wasn't sure about another sexy character, but liked this one. 

Loved the break from the triangle of doom. Ravi got to be Ravi again.

I am still wondering if Blaine memory loss is an act. I guess we'll find out. 

• Love 6

Both Johnny Frost and Brandt Stone being on the dominatrix's client list was the best.  Love how Stone found ways to point Liv and Clive in the right direction, without admitting anything, like a good lawyer can.  Ken Marino is a comedic treasure!

I was worried that Liv on dominatrix brains would make her feel like a rip-off of the "50 Shades" author version she played last season, but I thought it worked, since he was less playful then that one, and more... well, dominating here.  Rose McIver was hilarious and awesome here (and, yes, hot.)  And, everyone's reactions where great.  And I think this was good example of how Clive being in the know changes things, because I think earlier season Clive would have put the stop to it long ago, but this Clive knows what is going on, and goes with it, even if he finds it ridiculous.  Clive and Malcolm Goodwin continue to be my MVP for this season.

Where Peyton and Blaine still hooking up, during all of this?  Honestly, I don't really care, since their absence was refreshing.  Plus, it allowed Ravi to be fun again, which was certainly nice.

Don E. is actually doing good with The Scratching Post!  Not bad, man!  I wonder where Angus during all of this.

Vivian and the rest of Fillmore Graves gets a glimpse into the mindset of the anti-zombie group.   Yeah, I don't see this ending well.  More blood will be spilled, when this is all said and done.

Alas, it's back to poor Major.  Looks like he can no longer hold on, and he has to take the cure now, likely loosing his memories.  The scene with Liv and him were touching.  I wasn't a massive fan of their relationship in the past, but I thought McIver and Robert Buckley really sold it in those final scenes.  I hope Major's memories won't be gone for good.  I also hope his new buddy Justin makes through all of this OK.  In short, Major needs a win.

Favorite episode of the season so far.  Both hilarious and touching.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

And, everyone's reactions where great.  And I think this was good example of how Clive being in the know changes things, because I think earlier season Clive would have put the stop to it long ago, but this Clive knows what is going on, and goes with it, even if he finds it ridiculous.  Clive and Malcolm Goodwin continue to be my MVP for this season.

I agree. The part where Liv comes out of her vision at the crime scene with Clive waving a feathered sex object at her was hilarious. 

3 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Vivian and the rest of Fillmore Graves gets a glimpse into the mindset of the anti-zombie group.   Yeah, I don't see this ending well.  More blood will be spilled, when this is all said and done.

Pretty much. I'm surprised Vivian didn't send a zombie out to scratch the guy. That would put Zombie Hater in a difficult position, since he's now the thing that he hates. He could tell people that he has proof that zombies exist, but his only proof would be himself, so it would put him in a difficult position, since then he'd be advocating for his own death. I mean, that's what I would have at least planned to do. Obviously not right in the office, but down the line. He's already suspicious of Filmore Graves, so why not? But bugging his car is pretty good, too.

• Love 3
(edited)

Did they put Clive in that ice cream seller outfit just to show off Malcolm Goodwin's amazing arms?

That was a lovely scene between Liv and Major. I wonder if that's how he'll really react to seeing Liv for the first time again. I loved that he made a crack about his "silly" name.

1 hour ago, mjc570 said:

After that lovely "farewell" scene with Liv, Ravi and Major, I am completely convinced now that Blaine's memory loss has been just an act. 

I hope you're right. 

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I am still wondering if Blaine memory loss is an act. I guess we'll find out. 

I'm pretty convinced that's the case, although I did have a thought while watching that scene: even if the memory loss was real, and the anti-memory cure worked and restored "old" Blaine, he'd probably lie about that as well, because he'd rather not have everyone know his memory returned. I think it would be far more damning if it turned out Don E. was right all along and Blaine's been lying the entire time, but him only lying about the memory cure would work, too.

Either way, I continue to fear for Major's chances of surviving the season. :'(

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 1

Great episode!  Definitely my favorite of the season, and maybe even one of my favorites for the entire series.  First of all, it was such a relief to have a Peyton-and-Blaine free episode and to have Ravi back to his normal self again.  That subplot is bringing down the show.  Second, I loved that we got back to Liv being the center of the episode again.  This episode felt like a return to form for the series, and it was nice.  There was a good mix of crime-of-the-week and the larger story arc, and we got the treat of seeing Johnny Frost and Brandt Stone again!  And Dominatrix Brain may be in my top ten brains.  So much better than Stripper Brain and Romance Novelist brain.   The visions were much more interesting, and Liv's "sexy" interactions with other characters weren't as cheesy. 

The Major subplot hit me hard in the feels.  I love Major (and even love Liv and Major together), and it would have broken my heart if he had died.  I got a little teary during everyone's goodbyes.

I still don't believe that Blaine is faking his initial memory loss (though it's possible that his memories have returned and he's lying about it).  I don't think the show would have gone to the trouble of having Ravi produce a memory serum that successfully stimulated memory if they don't intend for that serum to become a plot point.  

• Love 10

Really fantastic episode. Dominatrix Liv was hilarious. The fact everyone they were interviewing was a submissive just made it that much funnier.

And then they switched gears with the Major feels (pun totally intended). That really nailed the emotion of everything. And he and Liv saying goodbye was a great scene, with just one small ick factor of his weeping injuries. Sorry, I couldn't quite get over that. And now he will be human and amnesiac.

The worst thing about what Blaine is doing (or what I believe Blaine is doing) is that they won't bother giving Major the anti-memory-loss serum because they think it won't work. So Major will lose his memories when he didn't have to. It's clear the serum has some effect on memory based on Liv's reaction to it. Apropos of that, when Liv was having that looonnnggg vision in Fillmore Graves and everyone was sitting there uncomfortably waiting for her? Hah!

1 hour ago, xqueenfrostine said:

I still don't believe that Blaine is faking his initial memory loss (though it's possible that his memories have returned and he's lying about it).   

I don't think anyone believes he was initially faking his memory loss. Just that he regained it and lied about it because Peyton made it clear she wasn't interested in the Original Recipe version. 

• Love 4

Even supposing Blaine isn't lying about his memories not returning, I wonder what would happen if they gave Major the serum before his memories disappear. It may not work to regain lost memories but it clearly has some positive effect on memory(judging from Liv's visions this week) so maybe it would prevent Major from losing his.

• Love 5

Aren't Peyton and Major supposed to be very close friends?  According to everyone in the show losing your memories effectively wipes the slate and turns you into a completely different person (hence why it's OK to hook up with Blaine since he's no longer the guy who murdered a whole bunch of people, turned Liv into a zombie, etc.).  Therefore, the Major she knows has just signed his death warrant - you'd think Liv would tell her and she'd stop by to say goodbye.

(edited)

Definitely my favorite episode this season, and honestly, the only one I've really enjoyed so far. Glad to be free of the Blaine-Peyton-Ravi triangle. I admit I rolled my eyes at the thought of Liv as a dominatrix, but she really brought it without being too over the top.  

Edited by Superclam
5 hours ago, xqueenfrostine said:

The Major subplot hit me hard in the feels.  I love Major (and even love Liv and Major together), and it would have broken my heart if he had died.  I got a little teary during everyone's goodbyes.

Man, I was surprised at how hard I'm rooting for these two until this episode, when I was getting giddy when they were having a romantic moment. I refuse to believe that they'd kill off Major. I absolutely refuse to think that if they killed off a main character that it would be him. Let it be Peyton or Blaine, if they are going down a major character death route. 

Dominatrix Liv may be at the top of my list of favourite Brains. It's definitely in the top three because Rose really went all in and delivered. Plus, if she doesn't get me to cringe from second hand embarrassment, then that's extra points, and Dominatrix Liv did not make me cringe once. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I wonder what would happen if they gave Major the serum before his memories disappear. 

I was thinking that too! The blue stuff obviously gave Liv longer, more vivid visions. Taking the cure and the memory shot might have been the way to go. But I understand that experimenting on Major isn't something they want to do.

I loved all the reactions to Liv's super-visions (the warging comment from Clive, so soon after the episode about his GoT watching, as well as the "we may need to reboot her' from the Fillmore Graves lady) 

Also, I'm not sure why but Rob Thomas can make Ken Marino palatable to me, when I basically hate him in everything else. Vinnie Van Lowe and this shady defender were both entertaining.

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 4

See, this is what happens when they get rid of a boring love triangles! You get a really good episode with lots of plot movement, fun call backs to past characters, funny moments, and hits you in the end with a serious case of the Feels.

I laughed at several scenes, and Dominatrix Liv was a lot of fun. Rose was clearly have a great time with her wipes and her leather, and it was wonderful to actually have a Liv focused episode again. I'm all for creating a strong ensemble, but Liv is the main character after all. I really loved the returns of Johnny Frost and Brandt Stone! Always nice to see VMars alumni pop up, especially characters we have already met. I also liked Ravi and Liv awkwardly attempting to stroll, and then Clive coming to the rescue in his little ice cream costume.

And then I almost teared up when Major and Liv were together, and in the morning, when Major was trying not to cry as he told Liv and Ravi how much he would miss them. Please don't kill off Major! The show will have a giant, adorable hole left behind if he gets killed! Also, maybe I'm just sick in the head, but without any context, the last scene of Major, Liv, and Ravi sitting in the bed and looking all emotional looked almost like they had a drunken threesome the night before, and were now trying to awkwardly talk about it. Yeah, I think I have issues.

Looks like Vivian and company are on the tail of a bunch of crazy zombie hunters. This isn't going to end well, for anyone.

Have I mentioned how happy I am that we finally got a break from the love triangle nonsense and they let Ravi actually act like Ravi again? Because, I am.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Also, maybe I'm just sick in the head, but without any context, the last scene of Major, Liv, and Ravi sitting in the bed and looking all emotional looked almost like they had a drunken threesome the night before, and were now trying to awkwardly talk about it. Yeah, I think I have issues

Sign me up for this OT3! Ravi/Major is one of my favorite relationships on the show and McIver and Buckley have great chemistry (even if I find Liv/Major a little obvious). I'm glad Ravi was there and got to say his goodbyes too. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, Liv randomly started getting an influx of the dead dominatrix's memories after she ate the tested brain? Foreshadowing that Major will have his memories mostly in tact, or at the very least, they'll be able to access them again? 

Not if they want to redo the character. It could turn out that the memory booster only works to prevent loss if taken sufficiently before the cure, but won't restore anything. Tough luck for Major, but some Fillmore Graves people could be cured.

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

I laughed at several scenes, and Dominatrix Liv was a lot of fun. Rose was clearly have a great time with her wipes and her leather, and it was wonderful to actually have a Liv focused episode again.

My only gripe was that the scenes of Liv as dominatrix felt a bit more repetitious than they had to be. I suspect the writers were straightjacketing themselves out of fear of the censors, when they could have done more, even on a broadcast network in primetime.

12 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Aren't Peyton and Major supposed to be very close friends?  According to everyone in the show losing your memories effectively wipes the slate and turns you into a completely different person (hence why it's OK to hook up with Blaine since he's no longer the guy who murdered a whole bunch of people, turned Liv into a zombie, etc.).  Therefore, the Major she knows has just signed his death warrant - you'd think Liv would tell her and she'd stop by to say goodbye.

Given how little concern she showed about Major's impending memory loss last episode, it wouldn't surprise me if Peyton was told and just didn't stop by.  She's never given any indication that she's given much thought at all about what this would mean for Major or even that she sees this as tragic.  

I'm starting to wonder if Peyton is one of those terrible friends who totally drops everyone in their lives whenever they've started a new romantic relationship, and we just never noticed before because her last boyfriend (Ravi) was already a part of Liv's social circle.

10 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Man, I was surprised at how hard I'm rooting for these two until this episode, when I was getting giddy when they were having a romantic moment.

Me too.  Both actors really sold me on their relationship in that bedside conversation about their past.   They have great chemistry together, and Major is just such a sweetheart.  It was impossible not to root for their future in that moment, especially after Major said that the upside of losing his memory was that he'd get to experience Liv knocking him off his feet a second time.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Not if they want to redo the character. It could turn out that the memory booster only works to prevent loss if taken sufficiently before the cure, but won't restore anything. Tough luck for Major, but some Fillmore Graves people could be cured.

The cure and the memory booster are not the same thing. They won't give Major the memory booster because they don't believe it works so why bother? That's why Blaine fucked over Major when he fucked over Peyton (heh). Assuming we're right and he got his memories back.

Unless they decide they may as well try the memory booster on Major and that's how they discover Blaine is lying.

This is just the heart of good fantasy/sci-fi/whatever. You take a ridiculous premise (person needing to take a zombie cure that will wipe out his memories) but if you commit to it, it can be so extremely heartfelt and awesome. What a great scene (and an overall strong episode, but those final scenes in particular - SO good). 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, xqueenfrostine said:

Given how little concern she showed about Major's impending memory loss last episode, it wouldn't surprise me if Peyton was told and just didn't stop by.  She's never given any indication that she's given much thought at all about what this would mean for Major or even that she sees this as tragic.  

This episode made me HATE Peyton so much (and she wasn't even in it). Watching Liv and Major's heartbreak and Ravi's clear anguish at what was happening to Major was such a contrast to Peyton arguing against Blaine taking the memory serum and blithely justifying herself by saying that she's 'used to Liv and Major being zombies.' She's showing a level of selfishness and lack of empathy and consideration for her loved ones and what could mean a form of death for her friend just so she can bone the man who pretty much murdered him. Ugh Peyton!!!

• Love 9

Awwwww, Vinnie Van Lowe AND Cliff in the same episode?! And teamed up together?!

When Liv said she was having visions all night without being triggered by anything specific, I was afraid she was going to eventually be like Buffy in Earshot, unable to handle the nonstop noise and on the verge of going crazy.

I must not have been paying attention because I assumed that the blue stuff was morgue formaldehyde. I don't get why Ravi would soak a dead brain in the memory serum. How would they be able to test if it recovered any memories?

One thing I love about Clive knowing Liv's secret is that he is better equipped to deal with her ever changing personality. If she had said, "Crawl over here, piggy, and bring me my gloves," last season, that would have caused a huge problem. Now he can just say, "Uh, no."

But I also think that now that so many people know about zombies, Team Z isn't being quite as discreet as they should be. Mentioning the cure in front of Justin was a huge mistake. Even if he doesn't turn out to be a bad guy, I can't imagine that he will just go home, content to stay a zombie. OF COURSE he's going to want one of the remaining vials (and I can't blame him for wanting to go back to being human). All Liv and Ravi had to do was say, "Thanks for bringing Major to us, Justin. We'll take it from here. We'll have Major call you in a few days when he's feeling better." It would still raise some questions, but not as many as finding out that a cure exists.

Don E's decision to turn the drug dealer into a zombie didn't seem like the best idea. I know that Blaine's father wanted new clients for the bar, but shouldn't he be targeting a more upscale clientele? That's why the previous brains for sale business did well - Blaine was able to charge his clients an obscene amount of money for the privilege of eating the brains he provided. There must be some investment banker bros and tech people with disposal income he can turn instead of a dude selling drugs under a bridge.

I wasn't sure about Liv bringing FG into the Harley situation, but it allowed them to get a little dirty (bugging his car) without Liv doing anything illegal.

I don't want this to sound too judgemental, but Major has known for a little while that he would probably have to take the cure eventually. Why didn't he make a video like in 50 First Dates? If I were in that situation, I would find a video of myself explaining what happened a lot more convincing than two strangers telling me, "Trust me. You were a zombie. Now you're a human. We're your friends! By the way, don't tell anyone about this."

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Don E's decision to turn the drug dealer into a zombie didn't seem like the best idea. I know that Blaine's father wanted new clients for the bar, but shouldn't he be targeting a more upscale clientele? That's why the previous brains for sale business did well - Blaine was able to charge his clients an obscene amount of money for the privilege of eating the brains he provided. There must be some investment banker bros and tech people with disposal income he can turn instead of a dude selling drugs under a bridge.

I think Don E. turned drug dealer for himself, not for Robert Knepper.  Ever since Chief died (sniff) he hasn't had a friend/coworker/partner in crime.

• Love 5

Vinnie! Cliff! I was so happy to see them again.

I too had the thought that they all needed to be making notes, videos, scrapbooks, photo albums, Facebook albums, etc etc, for Major before letting him take the cure. Yeah, just having them TELL him what's up will likely not make it easy for him to hear, or be believable. Poor Major will probably run screaming.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I hope he wrote down all his passwords before he took the memory serum! I'm imagining him trying to log into itunes and getting really mad.

LOL, this is why I write down all my passwords and keep them in an obvious place, thus ignoring all the advice about protecting against identity theft. You never know when you may be turned into a zombie and then have to take a cure that wipes out your memory! (Or when you are going to have a non-zombie senior moment.)

• Love 4

One of the scenes I still remember from Go On is when the main character (Matthew Perry plays a widower) wants to ask his deceased wife what the password to her itunes account is. Lesson learned: write that shit down somewhere!

• Love 2
On 5/3/2017 at 8:28 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Man, I was surprised at how hard I'm rooting for these two until this episode, when I was getting giddy when they were having a romantic moment. I refuse to believe that they'd kill off Major. I absolutely refuse to think that if they killed off a main character that it would be him. Let it be Peyton or Blaine, if they are going down a major character death route. 

I don't think they will kill off the actor but I'm fairly certain we will see a lot of (Gern, was it?) for the rest of this season. If/When Major returns I think everyone will miss Gern a little, but maybe I'm wrong. Meanwhile something Blaine's father does will prompt him to come forth as starting to remember his memories.

For some reason the blue brains looked really unappetizing to me. Regular brains, fine. Go figure.

(edited)
11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

But I also think that now that so many people know about zombies, Team Z isn't being quite as discreet as they should be. Mentioning the cure in front of Justin was a huge mistake. Even if he doesn't turn out to be a bad guy, I can't imagine that he will just go home, content to stay a zombie. OF COURSE he's going to want one of the remaining vials (and I can't blame him for wanting to go back to being human). All Liv and Ravi had to do was say, "Thanks for bringing Major to us, Justin. We'll take it from here. We'll have Major call you in a few days when he's feeling better." It would still raise some questions, but not as many as finding out that a cure exists.

While I agree with you that would have been a better way for them to handle things, I also find it way more believable that they fucked that up than if they had handled it perfectly. Their friend had just come in on the brink of death, and while they knew that something like this was likely to happen someday soon, I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to be cool headed in the moment. This is more or less the same logic of why doctors aren't supposed to treat their own families. No amount of preparation, training or experience is guaranteed to keep someone clear minded in the face of someone they love in danger of dying, which can lead to mistakes that they know better than to make.

10 hours ago, fastiller said:

I think Don E. turned drug dealer for himself, not for Robert Knepper.  Ever since Chief died (sniff) he hasn't had a friend/coworker/partner in crime.

I agree.  It's notable that he asked Tanner if he wanted to be a zombie rather than just scratching him. We know he's not getting along with Angus's hired goon, and two episodes ago we saw him he was look kind of longingly at Blaine through the window of the lounge Blaine sings at. I think Don E's feeling lonely in his new life as Angus's lackey.

Edited by xqueenfrostine
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

This is just the heart of good fantasy/sci-fi/whatever. You take a ridiculous premise (person needing to take a zombie cure that will wipe out his memories) but if you commit to it, it can be so extremely heartfelt and awesome. What a great scene (and an overall strong episode, but those final scenes in particular - SO good). 

I know. That was the sweetest ending, and I really bought that they lived all of that. Damn. 

Chiming in as another who is glad that they removed the love triangle for this episode. Love how Ravi went from liking the sound of dominatrix brain, to hating it - also loved the returning characters. :) 

I didn't catch what Major found in that tub, if it was important. 

5 minutes ago, Anela said:

I didn't catch what Major found in that tub, if it was important. 

At the beginning of the episode?  It was the heads of the people that were killed during the raid Major's mercenary team was on.  Waste not, want not seems to be the mantra of Fillmore Graves.  

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, xqueenfrostine said:

At the beginning of the episode?  It was the heads of the people that were killed during the raid Major's mercenary team was on.  Waste not, want not seems to be the mantra of Fillmore Graves.  

Ew. Thanks. 

I don't have anything to add to the above comments really. But I do want to reiterate what an overwhelming relief it is to not have to deal with the manufactured "triangle" in this excellent episode! I'm at the point that I'm willing to lose Blaine if it also gets rid of Payton. Which I never thought I'd say cuz evil Blaine is solid entertainment! 

Clive in the ice cream outfit was bloody legend! And I agree that he is still MVP this season. "Sweet sassy mollassy" sounds familiar, was it a reference to another show? 

Loved the Veronica Mars reunion, those guys are always a treat, but together they were an unexpected delight!

I wasn't totally following the confession from the murderer though. It sounded like he just said "Whatever, I'll sign a confession" after Liv have him a scenario. Did they confirm why he murdered the dominatrix?

Liv calling Jimmy a "sketch-bitch" was some fun writing. The writers certainly seemed to be enjoying themselves this episode! 

And I forgot to give a shout out to Cavanaugh! The scene where he was being stern with Liv and Clive was pretty spot-on. Especially since Liv found it so hot. ?

• Love 1

Just adding my voice to the chorus. Loving this right now. Liz and Major are breakin' my heart like FitzSimmons!

A war is coming, and the Zombies are just smarter.

Always love a sexy episode because Liz is well sexy, but she's pretty sexy no matter what really. They must have a quota for at least one a season. I am really liking Clive being in on it.

I guess we might find out soon, whether Blaine was lying. But if he wasn't, then like someone said upthread, that blue brain might be the ticket. They made a point to mention it over and over that her visions were stronger.

4 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

Clive in the ice cream outfit was bloody legend! And I agree that he is still MVP this season. "Sweet sassy mollassy" sounds familiar, was it a reference to another show?

I know this reference from an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond - the one where Ray is invited on a sports commentary show and is so nervous that he starts saying nonsense, like sweet sassy molassy.  I think that's what happened, but my memory is a little spotty (maybe he said it intentionally or something).  I have never heard this phrase elsewhere, so I don't know if it's actually used by people and ELR borrowed it.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

I wasn't totally following the confession from the murderer though. It sounded like he just said "Whatever, I'll sign a confession" after Liv have him a scenario. Did they confirm why he murdered the dominatrix?

I wasn't totally following that either, and it seemed that the resolution was kind of meh. I think the murderer had been looking through the dominatrix's window but not sure how that led to him having a motive to murder.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Paloma said:

I wasn't totally following that either, and it seemed that the resolution was kind of meh. I think the murderer had been looking through the dominatrix's window but not sure how that led to him having a motive to murder.

Think he found out she filmed the sessions and found a way to blackmail the newscaster. While he was breaking in she came in and he had to kill her.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Skyfall said:

Think he found out she filmed the sessions and found a way to blackmail the newscaster. While he was breaking in she came in and he had to kill her.

That was Liv' s theory, he said he would just go with that but there was a hint of an idea that there was something more to it. It was never explained why he was dropped as a client by the dom, or much about his spying and stalking, maybe he was obsessed with her or maybe there more something else going on. Discovering the tapes and the blackmail could have just been a crime of opportunity that wasn't his original goal. I could see this case possibly coming back and tying into a future plotline, I believe they have done that in the past.

• Love 2

Late to this party, but just as happy as the rest.  Ravi being Ravi was great.  His horrible attempt at undercover work and Clive's turn as the ice cream vendor cracked me up!  And it was great to see the sleazy returning weatherman and lawyer.

The ending scene was note perfect.

Major's gotten some interesting music queues this season, what with Don Quixote last week and One Tin Soldier this week.

4 hours ago, moonshine71 said:

That was Liv' s theory, he said he would just go with that but there was a hint of an idea that there was something more to it. It was never explained why he was dropped as a client by the dom, or much about his spying and stalking, maybe he was obsessed with her or maybe there more something else going on.

My fan theory is that he had wanted the dominatrix for himself.  She might have dropped him for stalking her outside of their paid sessions, and ended up killing her in a crime of passion.  He then used the taped sessions of her other clients to punish the other men she had been with after she cut him loose.  

I've always been incredibly lukewarm on this show, and tonight I realized why. This was a lovely episode for Robert Buckley. In fact, you'd almost think HE was the show's protagonist. We never get to see Liv struggle with anything remotely emotional related to being a zombie, she has no family anymore, she has zero emotional arc or goals or...anything really, except taking on a 'funny' new personality each week. What a waste of a potentially awesome main character. If the show returns, I don't think I'll be tuning in again. 

On 5/4/2017 at 8:31 PM, CaptainTightpants said:

"Sweet sassy mollassy" sounds familiar, was it a reference to another show?

On 5/5/2017 at 1:27 AM, sweetandsour said:

I know this reference from an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond - the one where Ray is invited on a sports commentary show and is so nervous that he starts saying nonsense, like sweet sassy molassy.  I think that's what happened, but my memory is a little spotty (maybe he said it intentionally or something).  I have never heard this phrase elsewhere, so I don't know if it's actually used by people and ELR borrowed it.

I don't know about it being on Everybody Loves Raymond, but I do know that it was Ray Romano on SNL. I don't have a hulu account, but this is supposedly it: https://www.hulu.com/watch/124974

Loved the Eddie Vedder song at the end and the sweet scene with Liv and Major. Loved Major saying give me a less silly new name. Loved the shirtless Major scenes for my eye candy. I think Major will keep his memories if they give him the memory serum. Blaine was lying about not regaining his memories because stupid Peyton gave him every motivation to pretend the next morning like he was the same guy. I think Blaine's got his memories back.