Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: New Best Friends

halgia
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Actually... I'm pretty sure the first time Jesus took CDB to the Hilltop (and yes God I loved typing that), he said the community was either 50 or 55 miles away from the ASZ.

I can't believe it's actually that far.  Remember the time that Carl and Enid conveniently found those roller skates and skated to Hilltop?  I'd question even 26 miles of skating through zombie invested woods.  Fifty miles really strains the old belief system.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Wait a minute!  I didn't say that!

Argh! Sorry. Second time I did that. It seems if I quote something that someone else quotes, it shows as the quoting person's quote. I know that makes no sense and now I'm confused. I'll be more careful!

• Love 1

WTF did I just watch? Zombie Apocalypse happened (relatively) not too long ago, right? Several years or so? So why the junk yard people speak as if they are in Cloud Atlas? And what about the choreographed marches? They have time to practice the marches rather than surviving, even though they admit to be "not bother"?

• Love 11
18 hours ago, cmfran said:

I'm used to suspending my sense of disbelief with this show, but this ep pushed it. Not sure how much I'll be able to take of the woman with the Die Antwoord hair and her followers.

I know AMC will ride the TWD train as far as they can as long as the ratings are good, but what happens after Negan/The Saviors are gone? Another big bad to take his/their place? That seems to be the formula.

And I agree - a little insight into what really caused the ZA would be good. I hoped FTWD would do a good job of that since TWD didn't, but no.

Washington, DC does seem like a place that would attract visitors (even if the government has abandoned it and is hiding out far away from there). I could understand northwest Georgia being particularly barren, but the DC metro is a safe bet for the more stable wanderers to head off to restart civilization (or hang out in the White House or whatever).

So, I imagine the Saviors headed off there for this reason. And Alexandria has been there since the beginning (a gated community with a congresswoman and her neighbors), and the other survivors are natives (Hilltop) or maybe wanderers who've arrived over the last couple years (Kingdom), but they all seem to be known to Aaron. Oceanside and the Scavengers almost certainly stay off the main roads and I could see them overlooked by staying in their very secluded areas. (Oceanside having been a community that went into hiding recently after an attack by the Saviors).

But, yeah, if zombies are as easy to deal with as they seem to be now, there should be more and more fresh groups wandering in all the time. The Saviors might keep some of the smarter ones at bay, but the sheer amount should be taking the pressure off of Rick and Ezekiel and Gregory. It's a freaking War of 1812 scenario. Washington, DC is gone to zombie and bombing, but it doesn't seem to be a nuclear wasteland. If there is no actual government, some military base by now will have geared up and headed straight over there to start one. We *should* be seeing actual planes and helicopters and tanks and stuff riding in from all sorts of would-be pretenders and "saviors" of civilization wanting to make their mark on history.

But we're not. So either 95% of civilization is destroyed (which doesn't seem to be the case, because why? and there are too many groups concentrated around NW Georgia and DC metro) or the writers have really underestimated the interest that such a place would have. It makes as much sense as people forgetting how speak good.

• Love 3

I find it hard to believe that only AFTER nightfall, building a fire, and serving and consuming a leisurely dinner of something like squirrel stew topped off with a big bowl of cobbler, did Carol and Daryl's conversation turn to "is everybody okay?" I know Daryl's not big on conversation, but what did they talk about before then? 

I used to get Rosita and Tara mixed up, but their weight difference now makes it easy for me to keep them straight. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, magemaud said:

did Carol and Daryl's conversation turn to "is everybody okay?" I know Daryl's not big on conversation, but what did they talk about before then? 

It probably took that long to force a goddam word out of him.

8 minutes ago, Gobi said:
12 hours ago, sisterspoon said:

Could it be possible that she said: ´We take, we don't barter. '

Makes much more sense. Odd though, since they all talk like person who run BarterTown!

• Love 4

I agree Richard doesn't owe Carol anything, but him setting up her death to get the war he wants annoys me.  I was irritated when Carl managed to kill Negan's men, but not Negan.  However, Carl didn't try to drag anyone else into his scheme.  If someone wants to put their own life on the line, fine, but they need to stop being so quick to sacrifice other people.  I'm still angry those cowardly Alexandrians caused Noah's horrible painful death.

If Carol has survived past her expiration date, then so has Daryl.  If they are still around because they are fan favorites, then why is Glenn dead?

• Love 10

Carol is pretty amazing, maybe even has super powers...I do believe I saw her take that pan out of the fire with no hot pad.  Or maybe her cooking skills are zilch, but she used to make a mean walnut stew, didn't she?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Gobi said:

That's what I thought she said.

OH MY GOD, hahahhahahahaaa! That makes much more sense! Oy, this episode, man.

I don't get mad at the show for doing things that I wish it hadn't or for telling the story that the creators want to tell. I also don't feel like a shark has been jumped or that it's past its expiration date. And I certainly don't go nuts over anyone acting out of character--this is an apocalypse and who the hell is going to consistently act in any one "acceptable" way? However...

I just really hate, hate, hate this new group--like exponentially faster and more than I've disliked any other scenario thus far. Not sure why but the feeling is strong!

• Love 3

What I gathered from this was (correct me wherever):

• "Winslow" (the name of the spiked walker) is the guy who owned the houseboat?  I can't for the life of me figure out how or why humans would even attempt to get that outfit on a actual, chomping walker, unless somebody killed Winslow and created him this way before he re-animated?  I mean, it's pretty badass and it took the effects folks quite some time to create it but that kind of tells you where we are in this story:  Walkers are getting boring so we need to create new ones?
  • The Daryl and Carol reunion was great, until he lied.  It was so out of character for both of them.  Daryl would have been honest with her, or if he tried not to, she would have read his expression like a book and figured it out.  What exactly was he saving her from?  I agree he left her in a very vulnerable position without knowledge of Negan's true capabilities. It's not like she's off the beaten path either..her cottage is directly on a main route to the Kingdom.  Negan comes knocking and it's all over.  I agree that without the likelihood that she will go Rambo when the time comes, she has no further purpose.  She seems wasted, living all alone, setting up tripwires and reading novels by the window.  All this scene did was potentially set up a destruction of their relationship.  When she finds out the truth, she won't ever trust him again and that's a shame.
  • They aren't going to be able to pull off destruction of the Saviors without help from the inside (like Daryl got in his escape).  The reasonable Savior at the Kingdom drop seems the likely candidate.  I could see him being talked into cooperating.
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TV Anonymous said:

Zombie Apocalypse happened (relatively) not too long ago, right? Several years or so? 

Several?  No, it's only been like barely two years, hasn't it?  This show could benefit from a major time jump.  They used to have significant time go by; now a season can take a few days or a week.  That's not helping Carl's growth, weirdo civilizations with wacky speech patterns, or Rick's "amazing" record of keeping people alive (some people anyway; others may die within minutes/days of meeting him LOL).

The junk yard draaaaagggged.  Gee, glad Michonne was there to point out the obvious to Rick.  That fight really shouldn't have taken that long.  Everything about those scenes was lame--except for Gabriel/Rick and the cat.

Rick's getting cocky again.  Ugh.  'Cause that worked so well end of last season...

Thank god for Daryl/Carol (and Daryl/Shiva); otherwise, this episode would have been really painful.  But Daryl, what the hell?!  Bathe already!!

Edited by indeed
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

If Carol has survived past her expiration date, then so has Daryl.  If they are still around because they are fan favorites, then why is Glenn dead?

I think the writers felt obligated to give Glenn his character's comic book death because fans were sooo outraged over that dumpster fake-out bit they pulled in Season 6. Me, I was happy to find out that Glenn was still alive but there was apparently a huge fan backlash when the producers went so far as to remove Steven Yeun's name from the opening credits for a few episodes in an attempt to fool us.

The Carol adoration by the Kingdom men doesn't make a lot of sense to me, either. She shows up injured with Morgan, so she needs medical care (which uses up precious resources) and eats their food without helping in the kitchen or the garden. As soon as she's ambulatory, she hightails it out of there, but not before King Zeke has a moonlit late night chat with her where he bares his soul, telling her things that probably most of the longtime residents of the Kingdom don't know. Does Carol remind him of his mother, or of some woman who once pulled a thorn from his paw? I mean, she wasn't even particularly cordial to him and he's letting her in on his deep, dark secrets and later bringing her food and gifts. *sigh* Wish I had some of whatever Carol's got; it's been a long time since even a construction worker gave me a second look as I passed by.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

But the vast legions of fanfic writers don't care much about Glenn. Daryl is the inspiration for their huge library of kinky, explicit sex stories about Daryl gettin' it on with everyone else and I do mean everyone.  (Don't know why they find that hot, when he's so disgustingly filthy). They'll storm the bastions with torches and pitchforks if Daryl gets bumped off.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

did Carol and Daryl's conversation turn to "is everybody okay?" I know Daryl's not big on conversation, but what did they talk about before then? 

It probably took that long to force a goddam word out of him.

At the dinner table...Daryl licks his fingers and grunts..."Good squirrel, just like Meryl used to make..." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

What I wanna know is -- why?  I cringed when I first saw it.  Let's not cite the preposterous cheapness of AMC when it comes to TWD.  I've flogged that item to death for years.  It may or mayn't be true, especially after Darabont has his way....

I am going to say this ridiculous greenscreen shot is a deliberate stylistic choice.  We are heading into Chuck Heston's Planet of the Apes/Omega Man territory here.  The show becomes more cartoonish all the time.  

Also I don't think I mind it too terribly much.  I am not emotionally invested as I once was, so I at least hope to be entertained.  The gritty realism, cinematic scope, and high drama are gone, replaced by Hammer film/OG Star Trek set pieces.  While I watched Rick fighting off the spikey metal headed Winslow or Winston I had the Kirk vs Spock battle scene music in my head (Amok Time).

GPK should not be several generations removed from "the before times" -- why are they speaking pidgen and moving in overt choreographed ways -- s'pose it just looks creepy and weird and fits into this Brave New World.

One more thing: I will never understand the Kingdom's bending over backwards for surly Carol.  That makes no sense to me and is simply preposterous.  I'm happy the Daryl/Carol contingent had their moment but I am not a fan of hers.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, JackONeill said:

In some respects, I'm now looking forward to the premeire of Fear the Walking Dead. 

I have no expectations for that show, so it's actually more relaxing to just sit back and snark it. This one used to be my favorite and it's become depressing as hell. 

18 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Yes they do use their sense of smell, and sound, but sight is also a factor.  I'd have to do some research, but for some reason, I'm thinking there's been clear indications that the walkers have been attracted because of visual cues as well, like lights or movements, etc. 

Sight is a factor, but if they can strongly smell something, I don't know if removing sight makes them unable to track their prey. 

13 hours ago, Yemayah said:

I hope we find out more about the origins of this group and why they communicate in this manner.  Perhaps they have some shared developmental disorder and Jadis may have been a caretaker/teacher/therapist/etc., known to most of the relative young group from the 'before time'.  The older members may have also had a similar position as Jadis.   I noted that Jadis uses a lot of non-verbal communication.

On  the other hand, they might have developed some cognitive impairment related to their environment of choice:  a toxic waste site containing heavy metals, brain damaging fumes and medical chemical waste.   Of course, TWD creative team was just modeling on MadMax, as others have said, and elements from classic Star Trek (ie, Miri).

You're expecting way too much out of the showrunners. If they never bothered to give us the cause of the ZA, they're not going to get much backstory on these nuts. I think Kirkman just watched some futuristic, dystopian movies and thought it would be cool. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I actually find it pretty amusing that the Kingdom boys won't leave Carol alone, but I realize your mileage may vary on that.  

Maybe the Knights of the Kingdom have to take a vow of celibacy?  That might explain why every guy in catcher's gear is shoving his cobbler in the face of the only Kingdom-unattached female in the vicinity.  ;>   By custom or decree, the Kingdom women may be off-limits.

4 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

The fact that Carol's set up house nearby instead of taking off to parts unknown is a pretty good tell that she doesn't really want to be alone as badly as she believes or claims.  Ezekiel obviously realizes that and thinks he can build on it.  As for the rest of them, well, their king is clearly taken with her for whatever reason and that's probably good enough for them.

Reiterating the "only Kingdom-unattached female in the vicinity" theme; a King can hardly date one of his subjects, right?  If a monarch such as Ezekiel is looking for someone to polish the royal scepter, he generally has to go looking out of town - a regal variation on the "don't shit where you eat" rule.  :>

16 minutes ago, JBody said:

OK guys -- so that green screen behind Rick and the Queen of the Garbage Pail Kids was really, incredibly, laughably fake, right?

http://i.imgur.com/G4x3Equ.gifv

Capture.PNG

Why, yes - the fakiest fake that Fake ever faked.  Fake you very much, Fakey McFakington.

By which I mean - I agree.  Faker than shit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

LOL.  Anything's possible.  I just know this show has been so goddamn dour and joyless for so long with so many varieties of assholes who asshole for the sake of assholing (paging Negan and crew) that I enjoy the knights of the Kingdom, who with the exception of Richard seem mostly helpful good-hearted sorts who even manage to smile once in awhile.  As a group, I find them oddly endearing in their Sports Authority armor and tiger mascot and I'm not stressing too much about it beyond that.  

We all keep saying that not everyone in the ZA must be a psychopathic dick, that some good people other than Rick's crew must have survived too.  Well, here they are.  There really may be nothing more to it than that.

• Love 5

Sorry if it was mentioned but did anyone else catch that the painting on the trailer Daryl and that guy were in front of was the same painting on the semi trailer in Smokey and the Bandit?

I hate to say, this show is approaching Nip/Tuck and TrueBlood territory with me. It used to be a must watch show now I notice myself semi watching it while I play games on my phone etc. 

I want to know the reasoning behind the Junkyard Gang. So, they hide out in a junkyard and wait for people to wander by that they can rob then feed to their gladiator walker?

Common show, really?

IMG_2118.JPG

Smokey and the Bandit is one of my dad's favorite movies, meaning I've seen it dozen or more times and immediately recognized the trailer.  That's also a story that started out in Georgia and became more and more of a ridiculous live-action cartoon the further the characters traveled.

• Love 3
On 2/19/2017 at 11:15 PM, TigerLynx said:

I think they made a mistake in not only killing Glenn, but in killing so many of the other characters as well.  I realize they want to keep the belief that this is a dangerous world and anyone can die at anytime.  However, by killing off so many characters, they have left me with very few people to care about, and so many idiots I don't care about.

I totally agree. I don't care about most of them.  and I'm so bummed by the arc that Carol's on.  She was so badass and it was great to watch.  now she's a potted plant.  and I could stand Daryl's dirty hair if he'd just push it out of his face.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

If a monarch such as Ezekiel is looking for someone to polish the royal scepter, he generally has to go looking out of town - a regal variation on the "don't shit where you eat" rule.

OH, shit oh my dear! I said it - ol' King Zeke wants a little slap 'n tickle!

If we accept this show as being as cartoon-y as the Coyote and Roadrunner, with elements blatantly and shamelessly stolen from Mad Max and Star Trek (both of which did it better), we'll all be happier.

OK guys -- so that green screen behind Rick and the Queen of the Garbage Pail Kids was really, incredibly, laughably fake, right?

They might want to think about trading in their high school boy writers, getting woodies over nifty ways to kill zombies ("How fuckin' cool would that be? High five, man!"), and find someone who knows how to do CGI. It was done a million times better in the original Jurassic Park and that was 24 years ago!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Glenn was never as popular as Carol or Daryl, and even had a vocal minority of fans who have been complaining for several seasons that he became boring and lacked chemistry with Maggie. While he had lots of fans, he was a much safer character to kill off than either of those two. The same was true for Abraham, who was always polarizing, and by the end had many fans hating him for how he treated Rosita.

As much as the TPTB like to pretend this is a series where any character can die, they've never had the balls to kill off the most beloved characters. TWD is not Game of Thrones. It's always side characters or members of the core cast who are polarizing who die in TWD, and characters like Rick, Michonne, Carol, or Darryl never feel like they're in any real peril.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think this season should have opened with Negan killing Daryl instead of Glenn or Abraham. The only shock value in that scene came from the graphic violence, not from who the writers axed. The choices were predictable.

Edited by Scaeva
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, halkatla said:

I basically hate every single character on the show, except for Darryl, Carl and Carol.

What?  Even Michonne?

6 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I'm still angry those cowardly Alexandrians caused Noah's horrible painful death.

Not "those" cowardly Alexandrians.  One cowardly Alexandrian.  One who finally paid the piper for it last season.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I agree Richard doesn't owe Carol anything, but him setting up her death to get the war he wants annoys me.  I was irritated when Carl managed to kill Negan's men, but not Negan.  However, Carl didn't try to drag anyone else into his scheme.  If someone wants to put their own life on the line, fine, but they need to stop being so quick to sacrifice other people.  I'm still angry those cowardly Alexandrians caused Noah's horrible painful death.

Glenn is dead to advance the Maggie story.  Too bad Maggie is such a dull character with the worst accent in the history of the show.  But this is the show that based an entire episode on Tara, who is even worse than Maggie on her worst day.  As far as I'm concerned, they can kill off Tara and Daryl anytime now.  Toss in the stupid king, that long haired fool, and all the misfits at the junkyard while they're at it.   Carol has completely lost steam, and doesn't seem to be going anywhere either, so yeah, stab her in the head and set her on fire.

oh, whoever put the diplodocus in the green screen grab actually made it more realistic.  Good job.

also, I can't hear half the dialogue on any given episode.  I swear Jadis or that hedwig/worm boy looking guy ordered someone to "get the bababooie " or such. Maybe that called it the gimp? Winslow? That's a cat name.  

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Scaeva said:

Glenn was never as popular as Carol or Daryl, and even had a vocal minority of fans who have been complaining for several seasons that he became boring and lacked chemistry with Maggie. While he had lots of fans, he was a much safer character to kill off than either of those two. The same was true for Abraham, who was always polarizing, and by the end had many fans hating him for how he treated Rosita.

As much as the TPTB like to pretend this is a series where any character can die, they've never had the balls to kill off the most beloved characters. TWD is not Game of Thrones. It's always side characters or members of the core cast who are polarizing who die in TWD, and characters like Rick, Michonne, Carol, or Darryl never feel like they're in any real peril.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think this season should have opened with Negan killing Daryl instead of Glenn or Abraham. The only shock value in that scene came from the graphic violence, not from who the writers axed. The choices were predictable.

I think the season could have opened with Negan getting killed.  Maybe in some weirdly unexpected way, like he suddenly chokes on his own tongue  and falls over dead.  At least then we'd be spared this tedious story line of the saviors and their chatty cathy leader.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Glenn is dead to advance the Maggie story.  Too bad Maggie is such a dull character with the worst accent in the history of the show.  But this is the show that based an entire episode on Tara, who is even worse than Maggie on her worst day.  As far as I'm concerned, they can kill off Tara and Daryl anytime now.  Toss in the stupid king, that long haired fool, and all the misfits at the junkyard while they're at it.   Carol has completely lost steam, and doesn't seem to be going anywhere either, so yeah, stab her in the head and set her on fire.

I still love Carol and I like the king, but you go girl! (or boy) That cracked me up. I'm still not over Glenn's death and especially since they killed him off and kept that boring waste of space, Maggie. Daryl can go anytime, it's his fault Glenn is dead and I most certainly will not riot. He hasn't been relevant since season four. 

Oh and that photoshop up-thread is my new wallpaper. Cracks me up every time I look at it.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

also, I can't hear half the dialogue on any given episode.  I swear Jadis or that hedwig/worm boy looking guy ordered someone to "get the bababooie " or such.

I thought it was just me. I was wondering why Jadis' friends had weird MarySue names like "Rayon." But I probably misheard.

22 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

As far as I'm concerned, they can kill off Tara and Daryl anytime now.  Toss in the stupid king, that long haired fool, and all the misfits at the junkyard while they're at it.

Amen. It's very sad and irritating that it's now more fun to mock this show than to watch it.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Ouisch said:

I think the writers felt obligated to give Glenn his character's comic book death because fans were sooo outraged over that dumpster fake-out bit they pulled in Season 6. Me, I was happy to find out that Glenn was still alive but there was apparently a huge fan backlash when the producers went so far as to remove Steven Yeun's name from the opening credits for a few episodes in an attempt to fool us.

The Carol adoration by the Kingdom men doesn't make a lot of sense to me, either. She shows up injured with Morgan, so she needs medical care (which uses up precious resources) and eats their food without helping in the kitchen or the garden. As soon as she's ambulatory, she hightails it out of there, but not before King Zeke has a moonlit late night chat with her where he bares his soul, telling her things that probably most of the longtime residents of the Kingdom don't know. Does Carol remind him of his mother, or of some woman who once pulled a thorn from his paw? I mean, she wasn't even particularly cordial to him and he's letting her in on his deep, dark secrets and later bringing her food and gifts. *sigh* Wish I had some of whatever Carol's got; it's been a long time since even a construction worker gave me a second look as I passed by.

I'm incredibly bitter about the whole 'Carol in the Kingdom' storyline because it should be Michonne's. 

I don't believe that Gimple intended to put Michonne and Rick together since season 3, no matter what he says.  If that was the case, then what the fuck was all that Jessie business?  They needed an excuse to keep Carol around and since there was a pretty loud Richonne fanbase, they pulled the trigger on that.  So now we have Michonne, one of the most iconic characters in the TWD world, propping Rick-fucking-Grimes and cooing when he gives her a cat made out of trash. 

Meanwhile my second favorite character, Morgan, along with Ezekiel are playing Pork and Big Sam for Miss Carol back at the Kingdom.  And since Gimple doesn't have a death wish, chances are really good that neither Morgan or Ezekiel are going to get any pussy out of all of this bullshit.   Gimple would have to go into Witness Protection if he did that.  Actresses have gotten death threats from over-zealous Caryl fans if their character spoke more than 5 lines to Daryl; Gimple would be toast.

I've said it before and I will say it again:  Carol is as deadly as sickle cell to a Black man on TWD.  I don't have much hope for either Morgan's or Ezekiel's chance of survival.  However, I get the feeling that Shiva might survive since she's taken a liking to Daryl, so the animal lovers will be happy.

• Love 5

Apparently one of the TWD production designers worked on 'Mad Max:  Beyond the Thunderdome'.  So not only did Gimple pull this community straight out of his ass, he ripped off someone else's artistic vision.  Frank Darabont, all is forgiven!  Please come home!!!!

• Love 10
On 2/20/2017 at 11:52 AM, Ouisch said:

Didn't Aaron tell Rick & Co. when he first found them that he and the other Alexandrians had scoped the entire area around the ASZ within a 50-mile radius? And that's how he happened to stumble upon this ragtag starving group (at the time) that we know and love as CDB? So why hadn't he (or Aiden or Nicholas or Heath, etc) ever found the Hilltop or the Garbage Pail Kids or the Kingdom or any of the other settlements that seem to be within easy walking (or roller-skating) distance of ASZ? Please, would sometime encourage the writers to re-watch past episodes in order to keep some continuity??

Without a map of the area, it's hard to say for certain, but based on the transcripts, I suppose it's remotely possible that some or most of the other communities were off to the west?

From Episode 512, "Remember":

Aiden: We’ve been increasing our radius mile by mile, spreading in a semi-circle around the town.
Nicholas: We’ve made it 53 miles out so far.

From Episode 601, "First Time Again":

Rick: We’re not gonna bury killers inside these walls.
Tobin: I understand how you feel. I do. But it’s not your decision.
Deanna: Tobin. Rick’s right. Take it away. Go west. Down Branton Road a few miles. Just past the bridge. We don’t go out that way. Let the trees have him.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I actually find it pretty amusing that the Kingdom boys won't leave Carol alone, but I realize your mileage may vary on that.

It is not unbelievable at all for me.  I agree with you.  For the King I believe it is the thrill of the chase. 

It was such a fun scene.  Jerry with his smile and cobbler.  And that guard who didn't know how to address Carol and kept getting shot down by his female peer with each try.  "'Ma.am?' 'No.'"

Scenes like that are why I love this series,

• Love 6

I haven't read the comics, but I do know several characters SLs

Spoiler

(Andrea, Laurie, Dale, Judith, etc.)

did not go the way they did in the comics

Spoiler

(especially Andrea's)

so TIIC's party line of Glenn had to die the way he did in the comics does not ring true to me.

If the junkyard dogs are supposed to be a rip off of the Mad Max World, then complete and epic failure on that one.

I really need for the Tiger to eat someone.  Tiger's eat a lot of meat in just one day.  I don't know how they are keeping Shiva feed, but miss a few meals, and even the "tamest" Tiger will get testy.  There is a reason "Man Eating Tiger" is such a common phrase.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

so TIIC's party line of Glenn had to die the way he did in the comics does not ring true to me.

Does the fact that Steven Yeun asked for that and was adamant about it ring true?  Because from what I understand, that was certainly the case.

22 hours ago, Dodginblue said:

Tetanus shots are good for 10 years so if he'd had one not long before the ZA started he should be okay for now.  Or maybe he got a shot after he was shot all the way back when he was in the coma in episode 1.  

It's been a while since I worked in E.R., but yeah, it's highly likely that someone with a gunshot wound would have gotten a tetanus shot.

My first attempt at posting a photo...what could possibly go wrong?

ETA: Why is it so tiny? Anyway, when you click on it, you can view it full-sized. Anyway, my point -- while not as sharp as Winslow's -- is that he can't see because there's a metal plate over his eyes.

zw7plfEM.jpg

Edited by Raven1707
Obvious reaons
9 hours ago, LongDistanceClara said:

Sorry if it was mentioned but did anyone else catch that the painting on the trailer Daryl and that guy were in front of was the same painting on the semi trailer in Smokey and the Bandit?

Not just the same painting - the same trailer.  As in the original Snowman Special.

• Love 1
On 2/19/2017 at 10:44 PM, BloatedGuppy said:

Did you guys see that hilarious green screen of the trash yard?! And they threw it up TWICE! Those were some early 80's special effects, there.

YES!  They could have simply excluded it if AMC's budget was tight for this particular episode.  They had enough real junkyard scenes.  They didn't need to superimpose Rick staring upon several fake trash heaps.

One more thing that bothered me was Morgan intervening the fight between...whatever their names are.  I mean, why?  Let those two morons battle it out if they want to.  Now, he lost his precious stick.

All good points, BTW.

• Love 4

Not shooting the "messenger" - just a comment. I hate that a woman having a sell-by date, is still around. It probably will be forever, but it depresses the hell out of me. I'm glad the women aren't all under 35 and looking like they're fresh from the salon, as they kill zombies. I think Abe was around the same age as her, and they had him hook up with two gorgeous young women. I also remember some fans wanting Daryl with Beth. 

I also just happen to like Carol. I just wonder how many times we are going to see them reunite, rather than having them stick together. 

I like that the kingdom people care about others. It's refreshing, after the psychopaths that abound in the rest of the show. 

• Love 10
On 2/20/2017 at 3:35 AM, EllenC said:

Or maybe the writers get paid by the word and they've used up all their budget on Negan.

Lol, best comment of the thread! ??

The thing that gets me is why has Carol's little house become off limits to...you know....zombies?  No more around?  She has a nice little picket fence around a rickety little wooden house (complete with a squeaky, thin-as-paper wooden door), nothing to protect her windows or her house.  She looks squeaky clean like there is running hot water in her faucets and just sits around reading books?  I think people seriously estimate the amount od sheer hard work that goes into surviving with no utilities and no corner store to run to when you feel peckish.  Just look at the life of pioneer women in America innthe 19th century.

Ridiculous writing.

Edited by MaryMatts
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, MaryMatts said:

Lol, best comment of the thread! ??

The thing that gets me is why has Carol's little house become off limits to...you know....zombies?  No more around?  She has a nice little picket fence around a rickety little wooden house (complete with a squeaky, thin-as-paper wooden door), nothing to protect her windows or her house.  She looks squeaky clean like there is running hot water in her faucets and just sits around reading books?  I think people seriously estimate the amount od sheer hard work that goes into surviving with no utilities and no corner store to run to when you feel peckish.  Just look at the life of pioneer women in America innthe 19th century.

Ridiculous writing.

I used to wonder a lot about their personal hygiene/clothes/etc. It seems that Alexandria has running water, but I'm not sure about the other camps. They do make it look easy, though. Either way, you know they'd all smell terrible. But it's best to not think about that stuff too much with this show.

• Love 2