Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E21: I Don't Wanna Talk About It

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:00 PM, Calm81 said:

My husband built our son a Swiss family tree house bed with a rope bridge and all. No exaggeration. ?

Ya know, life really is about choices. My husband couldn't even use a drill when I got him. I had to teach him how. I should build my own damn cabin. Hmph.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 9

Bullshit.  He knows when movie night is but the day/time of this elusive dance is somehow a state secret?   He's her father, he's obviously listed as such with her school, otherwise he wouldn't be able to go to lunch or movie night.  Adam didn't go to the dance because he didn't want to.  Just like he didn't call her on her birthday, didn't show up for her first day of school, etc.  His parents have visitation with Aubree every other weekend.  Adam just pops his head in from time to time when the cameras are on.

Exactly, also don't forget Adam loves to blame Chelsea for everything and even he didn't blame her and said he had other plans.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Calm81 said:

My husband built our son a Swiss family tree house bed with a rope bridge and all. No exaggeration. ?

Ok screw all of you!  My husband doesn't even know how to use a hammer.  It's a disgrace!  I guess I hitched my wagon to the wrong horse.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Bullshit.  He knows when movie night is but the day/time of this elusive dance is somehow a state secret?   He's her father, he's obviously listed as such with her school, otherwise he wouldn't be able to go to lunch or movie night.  Adam didn't go to the dance because he didn't want to.  Just like he didn't call her on her birthday, didn't show up for her first day of school, etc.  His parents have visitation with Aubree every other weekend.  Adam just pops his head in from time to time when the cameras are on.

He openly said he "couldn't" on more than one occasion. It's very clear he didn't want to. Adam would have used those opportunities to blame Chelsea for not telling him the time if he could have or if he truly hadn't known. He didn't. 

I wonder what his parents really think of him. I know they've defended him to the public but behind closed doors, do they wonder where they went wrong? I've always liked Ryan's parents because they're open about how not-ok their son's behavior is to them. 

• Love 6

My husband won't even call Gutter Boys on his own to get the gutters cleaned -- and you all are getting houses and cribs and treehouses with rope swings. Lol. 

But he's well endowed, so I got that going for me. 

• Love 18
On 2/22/2017 at 3:58 PM, Birdee said:

All of the Teen Moms made me feel really good about my future parenting when I was pregnant. Sure, I ate tacos for dinner three nights a week and double-fisted ice cream while crying about being fat, but I never smoked, drank, did drugs or generally neglected the little person my body was busy growing. Old 16 and Pregnant episode help me feel like a pretty decent first-time mom too. 

Me too. I'm pretty sure we're all super parents compared to most of these chicks. When I was pregnant with my first and terrified of being responsible for a tiny human, these shows and girls made me feel so much better about it.

On 2/22/2017 at 4:26 PM, lezlers said:

We're definitely talking about the same poster.  ;)  Wonder whatever happened to them.

I assumed she and Adam broke up, so she stopped defending him here. ;)

Can we get a reality show where some of the trashier TM/TM2 peeps compete somehow and live with some of the cast members of the "--- of Love" incarnations? I'd pay to see Sapphyri (sp?), Buckwild, Heather from Rock of Love, Ashley & Farrah from RoL2, and some others share space with and compete against Jenelle, Nathan, Tori, Adam, Amber, April, Tyler, Deb, etc. They'd eat many of the TM/TM2 castmembers alive and the hook-up and drama possibilities of Rock of Love ladies and BUTCH would be SO AMAZING. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN. 

Back on topic, Adam is a loser and Aubree deserves better, as does Paislee.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, mscav said:

Exactly, also don't forget Adam loves to blame Chelsea for everything and even he didn't blame her and said he had other plans.

Yup. Adumb is at no disadvantage when it comes to things that go on in his daughter's life. He just chooses when to be present and when not to be. That decision is usually determined by the cameras being there and/or if he has gym and wings obligations. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

My husband won't even call Gutter Boys on his own to get the gutters cleaned -- and you all are getting houses and cribs and treehouses with rope swings. Lol. 

Hahaha! 

My husband built a lot of stuff before his spinal cord injury. He can't now, but he does all of our cooking, runs all the errands, and keeps a book of love letters for me. Everybody's got something. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

An alibi for his impending DV charge?

I was going to say a solid plan about how to hide Jenelle's body, but this work. Six of one, half-dozen of the other and all that. 

Edited by Birdee
  • Love 10

Aubrey really seems like a great kid. I'm sorry he chooses to not really get to know her. And not for nothing but I  those glasses  shes so cute she'd be better than a puppy as a chick magnet.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 8

I taught my husband how to silver solder copper piping. Say what? That's right. I kid you not. We weren't even married yet. He was fixing the copper piping in his bathroom and was struggling with melting the silver on the pipe. I did it for him. I learned from watching my dad do it for many years. 

copper_pipe.jpg

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, Mkay said:

He probably forgot all about her birthday until she got there. 

I was thinking the same. It was probably his normal custody day and he went "ah, fuck...." after Aubree told him about the presents she got at her birthday party. So he tries to cover by taking her to Toys'R'Us, like that was the plan all along. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Christina said:

Adam is not an attractive man. He didn't look horrible as a teen, but the nasty attitude has destroyed what little good looks he had. Along with the steroids, bad tattoos, and stupid haircut.

And his smile doesn't reach his eyes. He's not capable of giving or receiving love. Something is broken in him. The tough guy facade is paper thin.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Mkay said:

Aubree's birthday is Sept 7th.  

Adam posted these pictures on sept 10. 

Crap. We have that same picture of that same basket with the vines poking up out of it. Now I'll have to put it in the yard sale. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Mkay said:

He probably forgot all about her birthday until she got there. 

Exactly. Taking the kid to the store several days later and just letting her pick something out is a very shitty parenting. I plan months in advance for my kids birthdays. They have their own Amazon wishlists. I pay attention to things they're into. Adumb has no clue. He HAD to take Aubree along, because otherwise he'd probably end up getting her something she hated. 

Remember the year he got her a little mini dirtbike or something similar, and she wasn't into it at all? Aubree is NOT a mini-you, Adumb. Thank God. 

• Love 4

What's up with Kail? Third baby daddy? Who is she having it for? On her twitter she posted an emoji of a dark skinned baby, is it the blurred out dude we saw a few weeks ago? 

And Adam totally did the Oh-shit-it's-your-birthday emergency run to the toy store. You're not fooling anybody. 

Edited by ElderPrice
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, ElderPrice said:

What's up with Kail? Is she pregnant or just fat? She looks huge (even for her). 

And Adam totally did the Oh-shit-it's-your-birthday emergency run to the toy store. You're not fooling anybody. 

Pregnant. Due in July. Father, unknown.

15 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Pregnant. Due in July. Father, unknown.

Oh for Chrissakes. Just what the other two kids need to deal with. Keep it Klassy! 

July?? So that pretty much puts a nail in the coffin of the did she cheat while Javi was deployed discussions. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Mkay said:

Aubree's birthday is Sept 7th.  

Adam posted these pictures on sept 10. 

I have to say if you didn't know anything about Adam, the above is actually pretty sweet and loving.  It's the context that really ruins it.

With that said, I'm glad that Aubrey had that experience with her dad, and I hope it was a great memory for her.  In all fairness to Adam, I'm going to give him props here.

• Love 3

What????? Kail is pregnant!!!!! Ugh, she is horrible--I do not get it, they still are not using birth control!!!! This is completely insane to me! I hate to say it, but Farrah is the only one smart enough to not have another kid yet! Ugh, I can't to see who the father is.

• Love 3
On 2/23/2017 at 2:45 PM, polandspring said:

My fiance just built us a dining room table.  Take it from me: it's the best possible thing for your relationship.

On 2/23/2017 at 3:22 PM, ghoulina said:

My husband built us an entire cabin in the Lake of the Ozarks. Single handedly. It ain't no shack either. Take that, Cole! ;)

On 2/23/2017 at 8:00 PM, Calm81 said:

I'm not sure who I'm saving the biggest "ALL RIGHT, SHUT UP! I GET IT, having a husband who lists among his contributions to the house "Watches Teen Mom" is not what everyone dreams of, but seriously, I do lots of other stuff too!" for.

On 2/24/2017 at 10:49 AM, CofCinci said:

Good god, I have to keep my wife away from these boards. I'll be outta there faster than that guy Farrah brought to Austin. 

On 2/24/2017 at 2:57 PM, Lm2162 said:

• Love 8
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:53 PM, Lm2162 said:

There's *no* way a father could find out about school events? I call bullshit. 

Also, when Adam defended himself about that incident, he just said he couldn't make it then but he did do something else with his daughter the next week and why didn't MTV show that? From what I recall, he didn't say Chelsea didn't tell him that was happening. I could be wrong. 

ETA: just looked it up. Aubree asked him why he couldn't come. He says he was weightlifting. So no, I'm pretty sure he knew. 

Yeah, Adumb would NEVER miss an opportunity to slam Chelsea on TV and he's constantly crying bad edit.  If he made even a minor attempt to find out about that father daughter dance and Chelsea made it even the teeniest, tinseiest bit difficult, he would've been screaming it from the rooftops.

I can't believe people are still trying to make excuses for that douchebag.

• Love 8
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:11 AM, Soobs said:

And his smile doesn't reach his eyes. He's not capable of giving or receiving love. Something is broken in him. The tough guy facade is paper thin.

I disagree.  He loves himself above everything and everyone else.  ;) 

• Love 1

Honestly, Adam is awful for forgetting his daughters birthday and so many other things like the father daughter dance, but I'm fully down with "take one for the team" .  My husband loves our daughter dearly but I can tell you that if I didn't put important dates on his calendar he would be a no show all the time.  Is it my job NOPE but I do it because my daughter's happiness is my job.  

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Miasmomma said:

Honestly, Adam is awful for forgetting his daughters birthday and so many other things like the father daughter dance, but I'm fully down with "take one for the team" .  My husband loves our daughter dearly but I can tell you that if I didn't put important dates on his calendar he would be a no show all the time.  Is it my job NOPE but I do it because my daughter's happiness is my job.  

This is an honest question: couldn't you create a shared calendar on a google smart phone that would update simultaneously? Like someone says "Oh, Kid has an event on March 25th at X time," put it on the google calendar and then the dad has the same access to the calendar? Am I crazy or did I just invent an app for coparenting :)?

• Love 2
On 2/26/2017 at 2:07 PM, FairyDusted said:

*brings grown up brownies*

19 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

*brings drinks*  *and the veggie platter* LOL

19 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I'll spring for pizza and ranch dressing, in "honor" of Kail.

I'll bring the raw bacon, Who wants to volunteer to get slapped in the face with it?

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

This is an honest question: couldn't you create a shared calendar on a google smart phone that would update simultaneously? Like someone says "Oh, Kid has an event on March 25th at X time," put it on the google calendar and then the dad has the same access to the calendar? Am I crazy or did I just invent an app for coparenting :)?

That's what many parents do.  There is also a website and app called OurFamilyWizard which many courts order parents to use to help organize/invite.

• Love 1

We sit down once or twice a month after we've put Baby Gala down for the night and sync up our calendars, usually with some beers and a movie. And as the stay-at-home parent, I do end up reminding the Affianced of our family- and baby-centric activities. But I'm making a huge distinction between that and Chelsea enabling Adam to continue being a piece-of-shit dad, because in our household we each have a purview and carry our weight; calendar-management falls to me and, say, hand-washing the delicate dishes doesn't. We have a partnership and watch out for each other; Chelsea and Adam most definitely do not. That guy can rot.

1 hour ago, Miasmomma said:

I think it's a little different when you're still with the person, though.  It's one thing to remind your partner of your shared child's event, it's quite another to be expected to constantly remind your ex with whom you have a contentious relationship and who jumps at every opportunity to play mind games with both you and your child.  Chelsea used to bend over backwards to get Adumb to pay attention to/spend time with Aubree.  Didn't work out well for them before. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Miasmomma said:

I don't think Adam forgets. He openly says he can't go or doesn't want to/have time, usually because of weightlifting comps/the gym.

And I think it's totally different when you're with someone. Adam and Chelsea do not have a shared household or a shared calendar. Adam has his household that consists of Aubree, Paislee, and himself, and Chelsea has hers that consists of Aubree, her son, and Cole. Each of them is responsible for their own calendar.

• Love 4

I agree that it's different when the couple is still in a working partnership.  From all appearances, which may be misleading...but considering that Adam treats the producers exactly the same way...Adam is emotionally abusive. He says cruel things in order to get a response. He gaslights everyone around him to excuse his shitty behavior. He gets angry and mean and goes between hot and cold in a way that is impossible to predict. 

When one partner is abusive, communication is best kept to the minimum. Chelsea is not under any obligation to continue to volunteer for his abusive behavior once she has provided him with the initial information. It is very unfortunate that she chose this idiot to reproduce with, and I feel like she is doing her best.  If Adam is so invested in being informed of school activities, he could take Chelsea to court and have his desired behavior spelled out in the custody agreement. As it is, it's way easier for him to bitch and moan about how unfair everyone is to him. It works for him.

• Love 10