Type keyword(s) to search

Dorit Kemsley: She's an American, She Was Born in Connecticut!

• Start Topic

Is she trying to alienate everyone else so she can be besties with LVP?

But to me, that only makes sense if LVP was close friends with someone Dorit wasn't a fan of, like say, Rinna. But Kyle? The 3 of them are like a trio, not sure why she would want Kyle taken out that way.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The names give away who Dorit is on good terms with-LVP, Kyle, Erica and Lisa.  No Teddi or Camille.  I thought she did a good job.  

Or gives away who she thinks will sell well.

• Love 3

Ugh, I'm not a fan of most of the suits.  I don't even get Erika's.  Seriously?  Overall bathing suit?  NO.  I like LVP's but I hate the cut on the bottoms for the most part.  I'm not a huge fan of the Baywatch legs (the ultra-high cut) and also almost all of them are a really skimpy cut on the back which usually just results in a wedgie.  It looks like some of the models were already dealing with that because you can see where the suit wasn't laying nicely/flat against the bum. Kyle should just take her swimsuit as an insult.  Horrible top and bottom. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Ugh, I'm not a fan of most of the suits.  I don't even get Erika's.  Seriously?  Overall bathing suit?  NO.  I like LVP's but I hate the cut on the bottoms for the most part.  I'm not a huge fan of the Baywatch legs (the ultra-high cut) and also almost all of them are a really skimpy cut on the back which usually just results in a wedgie.  It looks like some of the models were already dealing with that because you can see where the suit wasn't laying nicely/flat against the bum. Kyle should just take her swimsuit as an insult.  Horrible top and bottom. 

Yes, the Kyle looks like it’s for women who want to hide a lower abdominal “pooch.” Coincidence, or shady boots?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, link417 said:

Yes, the Kyle looks like it’s for women who want to hide a lower abdominal “pooch.” Coincidence, or shady boots?

Funny, because that's the one I'd buy ! And I don't have any "lower abdominal pooch" to hide :)

• Love 2
14 hours ago, link417 said:

There’s nothing I found appealing, but I’m not a fan of Dorit’s personal style (or Dorit) either. I also dislike the name and the font, I would expect something more high end.

What is with these housewives thinking each and every different color requires a separate photo/ordering page?  Dorit has 8 different swim suits (assuming we count the tops and bottoms separately which, yeah,, no), but she has 42 different photos.  Same thing with the very basic hats.  Do they not invest in a real website where you can see one swimsuit on the page, then choose the color and size?  And the photos of a "jewelry" don't show off the product at all.

I didn't mind the main font for the name, though it's not my favorite.  The other font was off-putting to me for reasons I can't really describe.

Just screams vanity webpage to me.  Maybe she and Sonja can get together on a clearance sale later.

• Love 10

I'm not a woman, so I’m curious how many variations on a one piece swimsuit or a bikini can there be? Will Jeans by Dorit launch next? That’s another oversaturated market that that needs another entrant. 

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

every different color requires a separate photo/ordering page? 

It's not just housewives that commit this blaspheme.  I've shopped several websites that employ the same tactic.  I've wondered if it's a way to make their product line appear larger than it is.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, film noire said:

I hate the super high cut on the maillot, especially on the Kyle  suit -- that line always makes a woman look like she's tucking:

kyle 2.jpg

Way too 80's workout wear for me, as well as being a wardrobe malfunction just waiting to happen.  Plus it's just gross, lol.

• Love 16

A swimdress.  Why not design an adorable swimdress?  And shouldn't the LVP come in pink?

I might have ordered the rose gold ankle bracelet for $10, but you can't zoom in to really see it.

• Love 5

I can just see Dorit making the gaping fish mouth at the mention of a swimdress.  She's probably never even heard ot them.

I didn't notice the cheap jewelry line.

I guess the reason why the line somewhat appealed to me is that I am one who would definitely benefit from the high waisted bikini bottoms -- as if -- I plan to ever wear a skimpy bikini again! LOL! I liked the cranberry/black color scheme and the palm print on the LVP.  I do agree -- why not pink? That color as it stands would not flatter the queen at all.

I don't know who "Amanda" is, but Dorit did nail the Erika style. I could totally see Erika wearing that. Not saying it would be pretty but nonetheless. The rest, meh ... personality-wise. I still swear she named the items to kiss ass. The irony is that from all the current crop of HWs, I think Camille and Teddy would probably look the best in Dorti's swimwear. Was there one for Lisa R? (I am too lazy to look.) Kyle is too short (at least for the pieces named for her), Erika would ooze out at the seams and LVP probably wouldn't be caught dead in any of the items.

All I could think of in those close-ups your guys posted of the "Kyle" bottoms -- is PAIN from the waxing job you need to to keep up on in order to wear that on a regular basis. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I'm not a woman, so I’m curious how many variations on a one piece swimsuit or a bikini can there be? Will Jeans by Dorit launch next? That’s another oversaturated market that that needs another entrant. 

Thousands.  Bethenny Frankel seems to make the rags weekly in a new suit-rarely a one piece.  She has really interesting bikinis-many styles. I believe Dorit's line has always been bathing suits.  At least she comes by designing honestly.  She did study and work in the trade.  Not just an "I love clothes and therefore I design," type. 

33 minutes ago, grisgris said:

I can just see Dorit making the gaping fish mouth at the mention of a swimdress.  She's probably never even heard ot them.

I didn't notice the cheap jewelry line.

I guess the reason why the line somewhat appealed to me is that I am one who would definitely benefit from the high waisted bikini bottoms -- as if -- I plan to ever wear a skimpy bikini again! LOL! I liked the cranberry/black color scheme and the palm print on the LVP.  I do agree -- why not pink? That color as it stands would not flatter the queen at all.

I don't know who "Amanda" is, but Dorit did nail the Erika style. I could totally see Erika wearing that. Not saying it would be pretty but nonetheless. The rest, meh ... personality-wise. I still swear she named the items to kiss ass. The irony is that from all the current crop of HWs, I think Camille and Teddy would probably look the best in Dorti's swimwear. Was there one for Lisa R? (I am too lazy to look.) Kyle is too short (at least for the pieces named for her), Erika would ooze out at the seams and LVP probably wouldn't be caught dead in any of the items.

All I could think of in those close-ups your guys posted of the "Kyle" bottoms -- is PAIN from the waxing job you need to to keep up on in order to wear that on a regular basis. 

There was a Lisa.  Rinna would also look good in pretty much any swimsuit.  My guess is because Camille and Teddi loathe Dorit  there would be no reason for Dorit to even bother.   

• Love 3

My guess is because Camille and Teddi loathe Dorit  there would be no reason for Dorit to even bother.   

Do they? They didn't come across that way on WWHL recently.

On 17/02/2018 at 10:31 AM, BBHN said:

But to me, that only makes sense if LVP was close friends with someone Dorit wasn't a fan of, like say, Rinna. But Kyle? The 3 of them are like a trio, not sure why she would want Kyle taken out that way.

Because she wants her to herself.  She’s the classic girl in elementary school who doesn’t want her friend playing with others. That doesn’t mean she (dorit) wouldn’t be friends with Kyle. She just doesn’t want LVP to have friends other than herself. 

• Love 3

Am I the only one who thinks PK put up the money and wanted to see a return on his investment and suggested   forced Dorit  to ditch the exotic foreign language name, keep the By Dorit and run with an affordable line that just happens to have the word Beverly in it, but not so much as to create any trademark controversy?  I think Dorit was more disappointed by the price point than the name change.  Her other line was gorgeous with reversible fabrics and nice trim.  The line seems to be doing well as she is selling out of some suits the LVP is one she mentioned.  

It is not all that different than the Ken and Lisa enterprises, she does the design he keeps track of the money.

• Love 6

PK told Dorit that Beverly Beach is a place to vacay, have a candlelit dinner- - without candles. What the what?

It probably makes more sense if you're high.

• Love 6

So I just quit a job with a British company, my customers, (passengers) were mostly British and other Europeans and I swear I could hear myself sounding more and more like Dorit, it took all of my strength not to break out in full British accent, lol! I have a British car, 2 British cats and worked for a British company, all Brits all the time. I cannot believe I am going to say this but I get her weird confusing accent.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

So I just quit a job with a British company, my customers, (passengers) were mostly British and other Europeans and I swear I could hear myself sounding more and more like Dorit, it took all of my strength not to break out in full British accent, lol! I have a British car, 2 British cats and worked for a British company, all Brits all the time. I cannot believe I am going to say this but I get her weird confusing accent.

I don't.  I'm American but I live in the Middle East.  I spend most of my days surrounded by Brits, Arabs, and South Africans.  I still sound like I'm from the South.  I've been over here for years.  One kid was born here and the other moved when she was a preschooler.  They both sound American (despite never having had American teachers or spending time with other Americans). 

Dorit drops the accent when she gets emotional because she reverts back to her native accent that is ingrained in her.  

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, BBHN said:

When she gets emotional, she can't seem to focus on maintaining the fake accent.

I could go into a big long speech therapist explanation but basically, she just reverts back to what is automatic for her.  Similar to how people will go through accent modification to sound more "central" American but when they get emotional, they revert back to the normal accent.  I don't use my Southern accent when I'm working with kids but when I get emotional, I sound like Dolly Parton.  LOL. 

• Love 9
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:32 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

PK told Dorit that Beverly Beach is a place to vacay, have a candlelit dinner- - without candles. What the what?

Every time I hear 'Beverly Beach', I immediately think of 'Beverly Hills Beach Club' from 90210 and David Silver singing and dancing!

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Cranky One said:

Every time I hear 'Beverly Beach', I immediately think of 'Beverly Hills Beach Club' from 90210 and David Silver singing and dancing!

Cranky One, this is for YOU. As you stroll down memory lane, ponder if the episode director told the actors playing Jim and Cindy, "Now look -- you're supposed to be digging this music. Let it carry you away to-- yes, I know, I know. But do it anyway,"

• Love 7
7 hours ago, SCS said:

Cranky One, this is for YOU. As you stroll down memory lane, ponder if the episode director told the actors playing Jim and Cindy, "Now look -- you're supposed to be digging this music. Let it carry you away to-- yes, I know, I know. But do it anyway,"

NEVER. GETS. OLD. And his other great hit song where he sings, "you're so precious to meeeee".  Maybe PeeKay can manage him along with Boy George!

Edited by Cranky One
  • Love 3

I cannot be the only one that caught this in the latest episode.  At around the 29 minute point in this episode, when Dorit and Teddi are meeting for lunch, Dorit says very clearly.."You are 30 minutes late, I was told 4:15. 

This makes me question "lategate". 

Good for Dorit.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 5

Depends who was the one who told her. It might have been Teddi, who had the good sense to at least apologize about it.

What is there to question about "lategate"? The issue isn't that Dorit was late, it was her atrocious behavior about the whole issue.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I cannot be the only one that caught this in the latest episode.  At around the 29 minute point in this episode, when Dorit and Teddi are meeting for lunch, Dorit says very clearly.."You are 30 minutes late, I was told 4:15. 

Good for Dorit.

I thought it was Dorit being snarky and Teddi not buying in to it, ignoring the comment.  

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Good for Dorit.

I noticed that, too Happy Camper, but I thought Dorit was making a joke. But, if it really was one person being told one time and another being told another time, then it makes me question lategate, too. 

Also, when Dorit said "You're 30 mins late, I as told 4:15", it was crickets from Teddi. Not, "I'm late? Whaaa? Not, What? You were told 4:15? Weird, I was told 4:45"

Just nothing from her about that all.

It's a head tilter alright.

• Love 5
On 3/5/2018 at 12:13 AM, diadochokinesis said:

Ugh, I'm not a fan of most of the suits.  I don't even get Erika's.  Seriously?  Overall bathing suit?  NO.  I like LVP's but I hate the cut on the bottoms for the most part.  I'm not a huge fan of the Baywatch legs (the ultra-high cut) and also almost all of them are a really skimpy cut on the back which usually just results in a wedgie.  It looks like some of the models were already dealing with that because you can see where the suit wasn't laying nicely/flat against the bum. 

I noticed that and the models are so slender.  Can you imagine those suits on a woman (such as myself) with a healthy backside?!? LOL  

8 hours ago, Jel said:

I noticed that, too Happy Camper, but I thought Dorit was making a joke. But, if it really was one person being told one time and another being told another time, then it makes me question lategate, too. 

Also, when Dorit said "You're 30 mins late, I as told 4:15", it was crickets from Teddi. Not, "I'm late? Whaaa? Not, What? You were told 4:15? Weird, I was told 4:45"

Just nothing from her about that all.

It's a head tilter alright.

20 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Good for Dorit.

I thought it was a joke, but Teddi completely ignored her.  She didn't laugh at all.  When Teddi and LVP teased her about the green glass, at least Dorit acknowledged it and laughed. Teddi is just boring. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, sadiebyuca said:

I noticed that and the models are so slender.  Can you imagine those suits on a woman (such as myself) with a healthy backside?!? LOL  

I thought it was a joke, but Teddi completely ignored her.  She didn't laugh at all.  When Teddi and LVP teased her about the green glass, at least Dorit acknowledged it and laughed. Teddi is just boring. 

Dude, I'm thin but I've got a butt.  It would be awful.

I wondered at first if she was being serious but Teddi being Miss Accountability would have corrected her otherwise.  I took it as just a stupid joke that wasn't funny.  Dorit has absolutely no sense of humor but thinks she is hilarious. 

• Love 8

I thought it was a joke, but Teddi completely ignored her.  She didn't laugh at all.

Isn't that most people's reactions to Dorit's attempts at humor?

• Love 6
On 3/5/2018 at 11:36 AM, Mrs peel said:

I didn't mind the main font for the name, though it's not my favorite.  The other font was off-putting to me for reasons I can't really describe.

Just screams vanity webpage to me.  Maybe she and Sonja can get together on a clearance sale later.

That “handwritten” font has been trendy for a while—I like it, but think it’ll probably be “out” soon. I wish she’d chosen something a little more timeless, or at least something that wasn’t already trendy. She’s already playing off the iconic BH sign in her design; maybe something closer to the type used on that would’ve been better for the logo and other brand elements, and then she could play with trendier typesets in her marketing, etc.

The suits—I love the deep red color she chose, but as for the style, I really only like the LVP suit in black with the white stripes. Other than that, the suits look ill fitting on the models, and if they look ill fitting on MODELS, whose job is to show fit and showcase the clothes at their best... what luck do I (with a more Kyle-like figure) have? 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 3
On 3/17/2018 at 8:03 AM, SCS said:

This video has popped up in a number of threads and it always makes me laugh. And throw up. ;)

• Love 2

So, has anyone else cottoned onto the fact that on the episode, Dorit's swimwear was supposed to be white, gold, and rose gold?  And the designs were also different.  So, what happened?  Did the *coughrealdesignercough* intervene and then Dorit changed it back to this fug collection?

Edited by diadochokinesis
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

So, has anyone else cottoned onto the fact that on the episode, Dorit's swimwear was supposed to be white, gold, and rose gold?  And the designs were also different.  So, what happened?  Did the *coughrealdesignercough* intervene and then Dorit changed it back to this fug collection?

My theory, once PK changed the price point, Dorit altered the fabrics-making it a Beverly Beach instead of what Dorit wanted as an upscale line.  I do believe Dorit does the designs but at some point she has to hand over the process to the production designer.  

My second theory is if this affordable line is financially successful, Dorit will then spring her original design as more of a upscale line.  

My neighbor bought the palm print because she doesn't like bright colors or pastels and she doesn't like to settle for black.  She referred to the palm print as beach camouflage print.  Her only comment was she wished Dorit would have produced a tankini top.  I think my neighbor just crushed Dorit's soul.

• Love 8

Is her line not being carried anywhere?

I think it's mostly boring which is surprising because Dorit does have a sense of style and it's rarely boring. Everyone made fun of her for the ripped up sweats, but if you stroll through Bloomingdales right now thats exactly what you'll find in the designer trend section. I actually quite like the Kyle bikini top, though you need to be really fit to pull it off. The Kyle bottom is an abomination.