Type keyword(s) to search

Dorit Kemsley: She's an American, She Was Born in Connecticut!

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I'll join you at the "eating crow" table because I've been reading through these threads and saw my posts from last season in which I defend Kyle & Mauricio's marriage.  

Boy, do I have 🍳 on my face. 😵‍💫

I quite frankly don’t know what to believe anymore. Could PK have set it up? IIRC, Dorit and the kids came back from London (I think) early. Stiil, something happened, obviously.

As for Kyle and Mo…guess we should have believed Allison DuBois.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Occam's Razor. Millions of married couples split up after lengthy periods of time, even with children still at home. So it's not shocking to me that Kyle and Mauricio split up. I thought they were headed that way when Mauricio began to appear to be clearly checked out of the relationship, and always stoned to boot.

• Like 7

Dorit is trying to use the Trans Atlantic accent. A completely learned style of speech where NO WHERE in the world is it a natural accent of ANY region. 

It is said to be a half british and half american accent for the posh elite to learn and adopt as their speech pattern. 

Dorit has obviously tried to adopt this style of speech AFTER the above bathing suit runway show interview in 2013… so within the past 10 years and has nothing to do with her earlier life and “child of the world” description she uses as her reason for her  unusual new speech pattern. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL2MJ8rQ12E

• Like 10
9 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Dorit is trying to use the Trans Atlantic accent. A completely learned style of speech where NO WHERE in the world is it a natural accent of ANY region. 

It is said to be a half british and half american accent for the posh elite to learn and adopt as their speech pattern. 

Dorit has obviously tried to adopt this style of speech AFTER the above bathing suit runway show interview in 2013… so within the past 10 years and has nothing to do with her earlier life and “child of the world” description she uses as her reason for her  unusual new speech pattern. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL2MJ8rQ12E

I wonder if she started using the pretentious (fake) accent at around the time she signed up for the show because she wanted to present a specific image.

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

I wonder if she started using the pretentious (fake) accent at around the time she signed up for the show because she wanted to present a specific image.

I have no doubts that that’s exactly what she did.

• Like 8

I remember a fashion designer from decades ago, Jhane Barnes, I found out a friend went to fashion design school with her when her name was just Jane.  Dorit went with a Bette Davis mid Atlantic accent, she could have leaned in to her Israeli heritage but went the other way, I wonder why she wants to be anything other than Israeli, is that not exotic/child of the world enough? 

I have noticed that Dorit has been dressing down more than the crazy looks she has sported in past seasons, no more gold globs, no more being late because she has to create a look and do a fashion shoot, we are getting jeans and tees more often, is this because of money or Kyle's own style change to clunky boots and torn jeans?

• Like 10
  • Wink 1

Years ago I worked with a woman, who was 20 years older than me and from an Old Dominion family, who had that accent. Very Betty Davis. She'd gone to Foxcroft and Madeira girls' schools. Her grandmother raised her after her parents died in an accident, and Granny's accent was even stronger. Neither had the more common old Virginia accent that has Elizabethan overtones, and that one can still hear on the Eastern Shore of VA.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have noticed that Dorit has been dressing down more than the crazy looks she has sported in past seasons, no more gold globs, no more being late because she has to create a look and do a fashion shoot, we are getting jeans and tees more often, is this because of money or Kyle's own style change to clunky boots and torn jeans?

I noticed that too. Dorit is really adorable with the brown hair, less makeup, and glasses. 

• Like 9
On 2/20/2024 at 4:30 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I remember a fashion designer from decades ago, Jhane Barnes, I found out a friend went to fashion design school with her when her name was just Jane.  Dorit went with a Bette Davis mid Atlantic accent, she could have leaned in to her Israeli heritage but went the other way, I wonder why she wants to be anything other than Israeli, is that not exotic/child of the world enough? 

Both that and 90s era clothes are back in fashion.  Dorit is going for BH grunge. 😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
On 11/4/2023 at 9:43 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

OMG! Dorit and Boy George were in a tour of Peter Pan, Boy G is Capt. Hook and Dorit is/was Wendy...https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/dorit-kemsley-to-appear-on-stage-in-peter-pan-with-boy-george.

I just don't know what to say.

For weeks Ben and Ronnie (WWC) have been talking about this.  She gets cream pies thrown in her face.

I don't know if it's artistic license on Watch What Crappens or if that is actually true.

I'm hoping it's true...

• LOL 11

Dorit released the text message that was meant to silence her. I am not surprised that Kyle is trying to control the reunion like she controls everything else.  I also think Kyle struck up that friendship with Dorit to stick it to LVP who had a falling out with Dorit.  I don't believe for one second that Kyle cares about this friendship.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
On 2/20/2024 at 11:43 AM, RealHousewife said:

I noticed that too. Dorit is really adorable with the brown hair, less makeup, and glasses. 

I like her dressed down too but think she was more striking as a blonde. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I like her dressed down too but think she was more striking as a blonde. 

I can see that. Dorit is beautiful either way. She's one of the prettiest Housewives imo. Jerry O'Connell said he thought she was the most beautiful of them all. 

rs_1024x759-161101110634-1024.rhobh-seas

dorit-kemsley-rhobh.jpg

• Like 4
On 2/24/2024 at 7:47 PM, tranquilidade said:

Dorit released the text message that was meant to silence her. I am not surprised that Kyle is trying to control the reunion like she controls everything else.  I also think Kyle struck up that friendship with Dorit to stick it to LVP who had a falling out with Dorit.  I don't believe for one second that Kyle cares about this friendship.

It seems to me Dorit wants to save her diamond.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, ZettaK said:

It seems to me Dorit wants to save her diamond.

Yep and she needs a storyline for next season. Will it be her rift with Kyle or more about her disintegrating marriage? I would rather it not be the Kyle story because that would mean Kyle is still on the show. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 3
24 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

ouch do we see a divorce or another "break in" coming soon?

Something as her BH salary probably only covers her clothes unless she’s just renting all those designer outfits. I think they live beyond their means, but really don’t have a clue about his income. So much seems suspect. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Something as her BH salary probably only covers her clothes unless she’s just renting all those designer outfits. I think they live beyond their means, but really don’t have a clue about his income. So much seems suspect. 

I don't even think she can afford Poshmark.  I would be surprised if she wasn't renting clothes.  Or gets fakes.  

• Like 5
8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ouch. Look at her breasts in that photo. Painful “fit.”

Looks like she had another breast enhancement. Personally I think they are too large for her frame and look like balloons. Painful fit indeed. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Looks like she had another breast enhancement. Personally I think they are too large for her frame and look like balloons. Painful fit indeed. 

They don't even look like a body part at this point.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Dorit has a killer figure, but I agree the implants are too big for such a skinny lady. Some small-framed women naturally have a decent amount of breast tissue, but my guess is Dorit may have tried to go from an A or B to DD or something. It remains me of Megan Fox. I don't think implants generally look good when you go up more than two cup sizes, and that includes going to someone super skilled and pricy like a Dr. Garth Fisher in Beverly Hills. Erika's implants looked really nice when she had more weight on her. 

• Like 7
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Dorit has a killer figure, but I agree the implants are too big for such a skinny lady. Some small-framed women naturally have a decent amount of breast tissue, but my guess is Dorit may have tried to go from an A or B to DD or something. It remains me of Megan Fox. I don't think implants generally look good when you go up more than two cup sizes, and that includes going to someone super skilled and pricy like a Dr. Garth Fisher in Beverly Hills. Erika's implants looked really nice when she had more weight on her. 

Even her old implants were too big. Whatever other work she's had done over the years, it all looked beautiful and natural on her, except for the boobs. She should have gone with smaller ones and ones that don't look like there are a couple of cantaloupes under the skin.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, ww92 said:

Even her old implants were too big. Whatever other work she's had done over the years, it all looked beautiful and natural on her, except for the boobs. She should have gone with smaller ones and ones that don't look like there are a couple of cantaloupes under the skin.

I believe Dorit about not having as much work done as people say. She always had a beautiful face imo. I would totally go to whoever does her Botox and filler. She doesn’t have that frozen or overly plumped look many women. Erika and Kyle both had great work too. I guess these ladies go to the best. 

• Like 2