Type keyword(s) to search

Dorit Kemsley: She's an American, She Was Born in Connecticut!

• Start Topic

On 4/21/2019 at 12:22 PM, walnutqueen said:

Dorito would probably use this as an excuse : a puppy-dumper worse than her.

While it’s much worse than what Dorit did (they caught this bitch by the way) it certainly shows how people who dump dogs are really demonized by the entire US (as they should be)!  She needs to go or I am out. 

I wonder if someone paid those two 10 million dollars they’d confess they dumped the dog not some “friend” whose name she doesn’t remember with the most lovely home. I hate her so much. 

Edited by JD5166
  • Love 10

LVP said that VPD picked up Lucy for spaying and kept her for recovery to make it easier on Dorit. I wonder if when they went to pick her up, Dorit had Lucy in the basement and it was obvious that Lucy had been spending time in the basement - like her crate was down there etc. It may have been a nearly finished basement and not a furnace room. That is where the info may have come from. 

On 4/23/2019 at 11:02 AM, Happy Camper said:

I cannot stand Dorit but must say that her kidlets on instagram are the cutest I have ever seen.

I know that she posts them to deflect from all the hate but they are just adorable.

They are precious! Her daughter is her mini-me. 

I kind of said it already in the unpopular opinion thread, but I don't mind Dorit. She has flaws and mess-ups, but she hasn't slapped anyone, outted any secrets, doesn't constantly throw jabs at people, isn't aggressive. I don't think she's this awful person. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I kind of said it already in the unpopular opinion thread, but I don't mind Dorit. She has flaws and mess-ups, but she hasn't slapped anyone, outted any secrets, doesn't constantly throw jabs at people, isn't aggressive. I don't think she's this awful person. 

I was with you on that for the last few seasons.  Just not anymore.

And I agree, her kids are so cute. And Phoenix seems really smart, that vocab on a two year old is impressive.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I can’t stand Dorit, but this thread is making me feel a bit of sympathy for her. She said she’s gotten death threats due to the whole Lucy situation, and knowing how crazy people can get online, I believe her. In light of that, the jokes about committing murder here, even though I realize it is “just” joking from perfectly reasonable people, is not a good look, IMO.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, link417 said:

I can’t stand Dorit, but this thread is making me feel a bit of sympathy for her. She said she’s gotten death threats due to the whole Lucy situation, and knowing how crazy people can get online, I believe her. In light of that, the jokes about committing murder here, even though I realize it is “just” joking from perfectly reasonable people, is not a good look, IMO.

I’m a vegetarian due to how I feel about the way animals are treated, and I know how intense animal rights activists can be. Sometimes I don’t let people know about my vegan lifestyle because I’m scared to be grouped with those folks who will attack elderly ladies for wearing fur, save animals before they’d save humans, shove being vegetarian down everyone’s throat, etc. I totally believe Dorit about the threats. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

New here .. If Dorit was born in Connecticut, why does she speak with an accent like she’s from another country?  Is she putting it on?

Yes,  She is a phony - through and through.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, walnutqueen said:

Hahaha .. oh Geeze Walnut.  I should have known to just ask you, lol.  It took me 10 minutes to find this damn thread.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Hahaha .. oh Geeze Walnut.  I should have known to just ask you, lol.  It took me 10 minutes to find this damn thread.

I am, quite sadly, well versed in all things Ho'wives. Animal trivia is my only saving Grace.

(and I mostly watch Game of Thrones because my Babalu kitty likes being spanked to the opening theme music ... ;~))

But I digress.  Dorit is a grifting puppy dumper - or a puppy dumping grifter.  Take your pick.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I am, quite sadly, well versed in all things Ho'wives. Animal trivia is my only saving Grace.

(and I mostly watch Game of Thrones because my Babalu kitty likes being spanked to the opening theme music ... ;~))

But I digress.  Dorit is a grifting puppy dumper - or a puppy dumping grifter.  Take your pick.

Game Of Thrones / Real Housewives - Tomato/Tohmato

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

New here .. If Dorit was born in Connecticut, why does she speak with an accent like she’s from another country?  Is she putting it on?

9 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

All you have to do is look at her yearbook photo and you will know there is not an original part still left on Dorit's body. Phony baloney.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

A Nice Story :  I tried to watch BH, but after that puppy thing, I hate Dorit.  

After my son-in-law came home from Iraq after one year, the second day he was home, he went upstate N.Y. To get a Lab puppy that were just born.  He came home with two, “Tank”, a Black Lab, and his sister “Lucy” a yellow Lab.  While my daughter and son-in-law worked every Saturday, my husband and I dog sat the pups for about a year, all day.  Cages were only used when the dogs wanted a rest and down time with door open .. never closed.  They are now 12 yrs old and an important part of the family.  Dorit and husband are cruel people.  All she cares about is her hair and phoney accent.  They should lock them both up and see how they feel enclosed and no way out.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I don’t know the whole story about the puppy as I haven’t been watching.  All I know I’d they got the pup from Lisa and returned it to someone else instead of Lisa and Ken?  Is that right?  Is that why Lisa is mad at Dorit?  What happened to the pup?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I don’t know the whole story about the puppy as I haven’t been watching.  All I know I’d they got the pup from Lisa and returned it to someone else instead of Lisa and Ken?  Is that right?  Is that why Lisa is mad at Dorit?  What happened to the pup?

Dorit claimed she gave the dog to a "lovely lady", whose name she couldn't provide to Lisa when she told her about it after the fact.  The dog somehow ended up in a shelter in Orange County.  Lisa's rescue was contacted by the shelter, and they retrieved the dog.  

5 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Is this the dog that Dorit got rid of?

Yes.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Yes, Dorit gave the puppy to someone, who then dropped it off at a shelter. Dorit said she thought Lucy was going to a loving home. There are some who believe she dropped the dog off herself. Lisa said the dog ended up at a kill shelter, but Dorit said the shelter only euthanizes less than 1% of the dogs. Vanderpump Dogs was notified due to a microchip. Lucy is okay and finally in a loving home. 

Dorit had previously given another dog back due to biting. She said she was talked into getting another puppy, despite concerns about her kids. She got a puppy hand-reared by John Sessa. That’s why he was really upset Lucy wound up in a shelter; he had personally cared for this puppy since day 1.

It doesn’t sound like Dorit knew the woman well, but I personally do believe that she didn’t drop the dog off herself at a shelter and genuinely thought she could trust the woman with Lucy. I think Dorit said the woman was a big dog lover and had another dog of the same breed. I also believe that it wasn’t a kill shelter. I’m not saying she wasn’t wrong for not directly giving the dog back to Lisa, but I don’t think she ever thought Lucy would wind up in a shelter, especially a kill shelter.  

The picture is indeed of Lucy. She’s a beautiful dog, and her owner is a beautiful girl! She looks like a model. 

I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but I feel bad that Dorit got threats over all this. I think she sincerely wanted to protect her kids and thought she was saving Vanderpump Dogs some work by rehousing the dog. I think despite not following protocol, Dorit should have been protected. I’m a big animal rights advocate who’s a vegetarian, but some people can get really ugly in defense of animals. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, sunshine23 said:

All you have to do is look at her yearbook photo and you will know there is not an original part still left on Dorit's body. Phony baloney.

Holy crap!  I had to look it up, but holy crap!

image.png.f5c6ea5a25a9f299809962c1cde7f3bf.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Yes, Dorit gave the puppy to someone, who then dropped it off at a shelter. Dorit said she thought Lucy was going to a loving home. There are some who believe she dropped the dog off herself. Lisa said the dog ended up at a kill shelter, but Dorit said the shelter only euthanizes less than 1% of the dogs. Vanderpump Dogs was notified due to a microchip. Lucy is okay and finally in a loving home. 

Dorit had previously given another dog back due to biting. She said she was talked into getting another puppy, despite concerns about her kids. She got a puppy hand-reared by John Sessa. That’s why he was really upset Lucy wound up in a shelter; he had personally cared for this puppy since day 1.

It doesn’t sound like Dorit knew the woman well, but I personally do believe that she didn’t drop the dog off herself at a shelter and genuinely thought she could trust the woman with Lucy. I think Dorit said the woman was a big dog lover and had another dog of the same breed. I also believe that it wasn’t a kill shelter. I’m not saying she wasn’t wrong for not directly giving the dog back to Lisa, but I don’t think she ever thought Lucy would wind up in a shelter, especially a kill shelter.  

The picture is indeed of Lucy. She’s a beautiful dog, and her owner is a beautiful girl! She looks like a model. 

I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but I feel bad that Dorit got threats over all this. I think she sincerely wanted to protect her kids and thought she was saving Vanderpump Dogs some work by rehousing the dog. I think despite not following protocol, Dorit should have been protected. I’m a big animal rights advocate who’s a vegetarian, but some people can get really ugly in defense of animals. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Thanks for all the info.

(edited)
2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Dorit claimed she gave the dog to a "lovely lady", whose name she couldn't provide to Lisa when she told her about it after the fact.  The dog somehow ended up in a shelter in Orange County.  Lisa's rescue was contacted by the shelter, and they retrieved the dog.  

Yes.

So, all this dog business was the reason Lisa is mad at everyone because they took sides?  She wasn’t on last nite, so I read she didn’t film for last nites show.   Dorit should have given the dog back to Lisa and Ken in the first place. That would have made sense.  The thing that bothers me was how they put the pup in the cage in the basement of all places. Dorit should be put in the basement.  See how she likes it down there.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 4
On 3/23/2019 at 10:50 PM, walnutqueen said:

Don't be surprised if Keith Morrison has late night Walmart video surveillance of me buying a pitchfork and a torch.

As a weird aside, Keith Morrison is Matthew Perry's stepfather.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

This whole thing about Lucy was put in a cage in the basement for months was told to Teddie by staff of VPD.  How would any of them know this? 

It all goes back to Sessa.  He was also the one that said that the woman who dropped off Lucy at the shelter looked like a reality celebrity.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, breezy424 said:

This whole thing about Lucy was put in a cage in the basement for months was told to Teddie by staff of VPD.  How would any of them know this? 

It all goes back to Sessa.  He was also the one that said that the woman who dropped off Lucy at the shelter looked like a reality celebrity.

I don't condone ANY of what happened with Lucy, and I really, really don't like Dorit, but I also feel that this John Sessa person is just a thirsty, nasty little man.  From what I've seen and heard, he is really using all of this for his own 15 minutes, and that makes him pretty low in my opinion.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I think the VPD girl who picked up Lucy in order to have her spayed (and who kept her during her recovery) are the ones who said they saw her in the cage in the basement.  She told Teddi about it because Teddi has been working with VDP dogs and has her own relationships there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, izabella said:

I think the VPD girl who picked up Lucy in order to have her spayed (and who kept her during her recovery) are the ones who said they saw her in the cage in the basement.  She told Teddi about it because Teddi has been working with VDP dogs and has her own relationships there.

This, in a nutshell, is the origin of Puppygate. Teddi became extra involved with the staff there. The staff shared things with Teddi either out of gossip or concern. Teddi decided to work with one of the Johns to expose what Dorit did. She never spoke to LVP about it. But believed that it would put her in LVP's good graces. Come time to expose everything and LVP is trying to shut it down when Teddi already had a plan. So Teddi goes about exposing Dorit to Kyle. Kyle goes about exposing Dorit to the rest of the women. And Lisa Rinna winds Teddi up into believing she was manipulated by LVP. And since all of the women came ready to pounce on any comment LVP made, they were all too happy to believe that she set this in motion and even if Dorit came forward and said, "you know what, I should have returned the puppy to the rescue. And in the interest of full disclosure, it was PK who sold the story to Radar Online." The women would STILL believe that it was LVP and she somehow manipulated poor Dorit into taking the blame. 

They are in too deep to change their tune now. That, and their cognitive dissonance won't allow them to believe that they could have misread the entire situation. Because then they would owe VanderPump an apology and NONE of them want to ever be in a position to have to apologize to her for anything - even if they were in the wrong.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, izabella said:

I wonder if that girl was the one who was dating Teddi's brother. You know the one she went to Lisa to beg for him to get a job. 

That one.

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

This, in a nutshell, is the origin of Puppygate. Teddi became extra involved with the staff there. The staff shared things with Teddi either out of gossip or concern. Teddi decided to work with one of the Johns to expose what Dorit did. She never spoke to LVP about it. But believed that it would put her in LVP's good graces. Come time to expose everything and LVP is trying to shut it down when Teddi already had a plan. So Teddi goes about exposing Dorit to Kyle. Kyle goes about exposing Dorit to the rest of the women. And Lisa Rinna winds Teddi up into believing she was manipulated by LVP. And since all of the women came ready to pounce on any comment LVP made, they were all too happy to believe that she set this in motion and even if Dorit came forward and said, "you know what, I should have returned the puppy to the rescue. And in the interest of full disclosure, it was PK who sold the story to Radar Online." The women would STILL believe that it was LVP and she somehow manipulated poor Dorit into taking the blame. 

They are in too deep to change their tune now. That, and their cognitive dissonance won't allow them to believe that they could have misread the entire situation. Because then they would owe VanderPump an apology and NONE of them want to ever be in a position to have to apologize to her for anything - even if they were in the wrong.

With Radar Online, didn't someone confirm Lisa had nothing to do with the story getting out, that it was another housewife? Was that legit? If so, I think all the women who insisted it must have been Lisa owe her an apology. 

• Love 9

With Radar Online, didn't someone confirm Lisa had nothing to do with the story getting out, that it was another housewife? Was that legit? If so, I think all the women who insisted it must have been Lisa owe her an apology. 

ROL never confirmed who leaked the story, only said that LVP (herself) didn't; they didn't add that it was a housewife. Therefore, it could have been Teddi, Kyle, or VPD staff, Sessa included. We just don't know. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, langford peel said:

I wonder if that girl was the one who was dating Teddi's brother. You know the one she went to Lisa to beg for him to get a job. 

That one.

If I remember correctly, yes it is the same woman.

Yes, RadarOnline confirmed that LVP was not their source. But, the women, especially Erika are just spinning it and saying Radar is simply trying to protect their source. Which is hilarious because it shows that they have no idea how journalists and sources work. And it's obvious that all of these women go to the press at the least opportunity. I can only believe that this is cognitive dissonance. They were all so sure they were right. And now people are telling them how wrong they were to do this and they are digging in, because the alternative is to admit they were wrong. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, izabella said:

5 hours ago, langford peel said:

That one.

3 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

If I remember correctly, yes it is the same woman.

Yes, RadarOnline confirmed that LVP was not their source. But, the women, especially Erika are just spinning it and saying Radar is simply trying to protect their source. Which is hilarious because it shows that they have no idea how journalists and sources work. And it's obvious that all of these women go to the press at the least opportunity. I can only believe that this is cognitive dissonance. They were all so sure they were right. And now people are telling them how wrong they were to do this and they are digging in, because the alternative is to admit they were wrong. 

Actually, I can't find anywhere that states that the woman who picked up Lucy to be spayed told Teddi that the dog was in a cage in the basement for months.  Again, how would she know that?

Here's what Teddie said:

To make matters worse, Teddi says that several Vanderpump Dogs employees told her terrible stories about how Lucy was treated while living with Dorit. According to Teddi, she was told that Dorit kept Lucy in a cage, in the basement. These claims were basically confirmed by Vanderpump Dogs Executive Director John Sessa in a recent tweet. Sessa insists that Vanderpump Dogs never wanted this information about Lucy to be made public.

https://www.allabouttrh.com/2019/03/29/teddi-mellencamp-reveals-if-she-ever-directly-talked-to-lisa-vanderpump-about-puppygate-plot-plus-admits-theres-still-a-place-for-lisa-in-the-group/

Additionally, Teddi's brother did not start dating Hannah from LVD until after puppygate.  It's right in the texts between her and Blizzard

https://allaboutthetea.com/2019/03/21/teddi-mellencamp-started-puppygate/

• Useful 2
On 5/9/2019 at 12:54 PM, njbchlover said:

I don't condone ANY of what happened with Lucy, and I really, really don't like Dorit, but I also feel that this John Sessa person is just a thirsty, nasty little man.  From what I've seen and heard, he is really using all of this for his own 15 minutes, and that makes him pretty low in my opinion.

Sessa has unnecessarily inserted himself into the middle of a Vanderpump Rules disagreement. No one solicited his opinion on the matter, but he decided to freely volunteer it when there was no reason to do so. He does himself and LVP a huge disservice because this conflict on Vanderpump Rules is a situation where Lisa isn't completely right or innocent. Of course, this only makes one wonder if Sessa pulled the shit with this Lucy drama. I can only conclude that he probably started all of this shit.

Also I'm never going to get over Sessa's diploma mill doctorate.

• Love 3

On 5/7/2019 at 6:21 PM, walnutqueen said:

Okay, I'm gonna need video because that sounds adorable!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

Okay, I'm gonna need video because that sounds adorable!

Sadly, I don't have the capability for photos or videos, so am without receipts.  But I've mentioned it (probably far too many times) in various forums for years.  It really IS kinda awesome, since different parts of his body make different sounds when spanked, and he accompanies my drumming with purring.

If I ever lose my Babalu (and my mind), I may adopt a dog that likes to be lightly spanked, too.  Can you imagine the looks either of the VPD Johns would give me if I came in looking to adopt with THAT criteria?  :~D

• LOL 5
On 5/9/2019 at 10:07 PM, breezy424 said:

Here's what Teddie said:

To make matters worse, Teddi says that several Vanderpump Dogs employees told her terrible stories about how Lucy was treated while living with Dorit. According to Teddi, she was told that Dorit kept Lucy in a cage, in the basement. These claims were basically confirmed by Vanderpump Dogs Executive Director John Sessa in a recent tweet. Sessa insists that Vanderpump Dogs never wanted this information about Lucy to be made public.

Teddi also says that she tells the truth all the time.  Except for when she doesn't, like in the Bahamas because it makes her look bad to let Dorit know that she was texting people and saying "Have the dog there and I will bring it up"  So, for me, personally, I have to temper how much veracity I assign to everything else Teddi says when it comes to extricating herself from the LLAJ saga.

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, smores said:

Teddi also says that she tells the truth all the time.  Except for when she doesn't, like in the Bahamas because it makes her look bad to let Dorit know that she was texting people and saying "Have the dog there and I will bring it up"  So, for me, personally, I have to temper how much veracity I assign to everything else Teddi says when it comes to extricating herself from the LLAJ saga.

I've concluded that Teddi is the one who has been spreading everything around and has been the instigator and likely the one who went to Radar.  That she never, ever, ever spoke to LVP about it but insists that LVP wanted her to do it and that LVP manipulated her tells me all I need to know.  Teddi is the guilty one and leapt at the opportunity the other women gave her to blame it all on LVP to cover her own ass.

Having said that, I don't even care that Teddi spread it around because Dorit did something heinous and she's the one I save my ire for most in this debacle. 

• Love 7

Agree, for a bunch of reasons, she is the most likely suspect to me.

I'm old school, so I do like to hear the very best of the other side of the argument, and I will change my mind if someone brings a better one. But so far I have not seen anything that beats "Teddi did it" 

i think Lisa wanted to keep it quiet. 

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, izabella said:

I've concluded that Teddi is the one who has been spreading everything around and has been the instigator and likely the one who went to Radar.  That she never, ever, ever spoke to LVP about it but insists that LVP wanted her to do it and that LVP manipulated her tells me all I need to know.  Teddi is the guilty one and leapt at the opportunity the other women gave her to blame it all on LVP to cover her own ass.

Having said that, I don't even care that Teddi spread it around because Dorit did something heinous and she's the one I save my ire for most in this debacle. 

I saw a random post on twitter this past week that said ROL was preparing to publish a story that basically said that Teddi was the source.  I have no idea how true that is, but, it would not surprise me that Teddi was the source.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, smores said:

I saw a random post on twitter this past week that said ROL was preparing to publish a story that basically said that Teddi was the source.  I have no idea how true that is, but, it would not surprise me that Teddi was the source.

Now that would be ironic. Miss Accountability would sure have some explaining to do! 😶

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 5/11/2019 at 3:08 PM, smores said:

So let me get this straight.  Radar Online would burn a source (Teddi) in order to protect someone they say isn't a source (LVP)? Seems like a really bad strategy for keeping your gossip sources. 

Color me skeptical about that claim.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

So let me get this straight.  Radar Online would burn a source (Teddi) in order to protect someone they say isn't a source (LVP)? Seems like a really bad strategy for keeping your gossip sources. 

I agree, that's why I said it was a random post and I had no idea how true it was.  It seems like a bad strategy.  It would be amusing, though.

• Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, smores said:

I agree, that's why I said it was a random post and I had no idea how true it was.  It seems like a bad strategy.  It would be amusing, though.

I saw that Tweet too, smores, and it really caught my eye because I think "teddi did it", so a story from RO implicating Teddi would be very satisfying! Of course, as you point out, it's not proof of anything.  So the Tweet itself, meh, but what was interesting to me were the reactions. The original Tweet tagged Lisa and Teddi. Lisa was quick to reply with something like "I'd looooove to see that" and Teddi, who has been quite quick to defend herself, said nothing.

People questioned the tweeter about it: how do you know?, why would RO give up a source?, etc. and s/he replied the article would not name Teddi directly. IIRC s/he claimed to be in the same business and knew someone at Radar Online. In the original Tweet, s/he claimed the story was going to be released "next week" which was the week that just ended.  

CAVEATS:

I am not on Twitter myself, and I can't always see everything, so it's possible that Teddi replied (I guess, I'm still not really sure how Twitter even works) and I just didn't see it.

It's assumed that anonymous Tweets are not proof of anything, and it's also assumed that everyone reading knows that.  We're just shooting the breeze on the internet here, not preparing to take evidence to a grand jury. 😉

Edited by Jel
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I’m skeptical about that too. Who would want to ever give them a story again if the source were to be revealed?

It would be crazy if Teddi is behind this though. Imagine poor LVP getting all the crap from the rest of the group, and the true source is sitting there acting innocent...

LVP has sworn it wasn’t her. 

Rinna said it wasn’t her on WWHL. I believe her.

I don’t see Kyle doing this to Dorit, nor Erika. They don’t hate Dorit like that. 

Denise doesn’t even know the ladies that well. 

That leaves Teddi, who hasn’t denied leaking the story. 

I don’t want to believe it’s Teddi and am skeptical about the claim it is, but if it is in fact another housewife, it would make the most sense if it were her imo. She was worked up by how Dorit treated Lucy, didn’t get along well with Dorit last season, and agreed to expose the story at VP Dogs. 

• Love 4