Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Joy's latest video consists of: Joy's explanation of how her swimming lesson went, bringing Evie to the hospital for stomach pains, Evie's birthday, and that's about it. 

Joy really needs to learn the ins and out of proper editing techniques. 

Evy was wearing a hospital bracelet in her birthday pics. I guess she was admitted? 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Evy was wearing a hospital bracelet in her birthday pics. I guess she was admitted? 

They put a bracelet on everyone who comes through the ER, admitted or not.  Many hospitals also put bands on anyone having an x-ray,, even outpatients.

• Like 13
  • Useful 2
On 8/25/2023 at 10:44 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

LOL, that goes to show how often I go to the hospital. 😃

Nothing wrong with that!  The idea is to have the patient easily identifiable in an emergency if they cannot speak for themselves.

• Like 9
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Follow the Forsyths 3167. Anyone know what the 3167 is? Bible stuff?

I have a friend who is really into biblical "angel numbers".  3167 I believe is strong or being faithful and steadfast in following God's plan for your life.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 6
7 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I have a friend who is really into biblical "angel numbers".  3167 I believe is strong or being faithful and steadfast in following God's plan for your life.

Oh no. Austin is probably going to make sure all their videos have some religious spin to them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
3 hours ago, auntieminem said:

That was much ado about nothing.  There was some Evy birthday footage then a boring photoshoot and then watching them watch the the new intros and look at pictures from shoot. 

And Joy announced she bought a new dress to match the color theme of the new opening.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I knew that was coming, expected something more. Updating an intro isn't really rebranding. 

Joy has no idea what “rebranding” even means. I’m cranky tonight and have even less tolerance than usual for these idiots. 

• Like 17
  • LOL 4

I actually prefer their old YouTube opening, it was obviously done by Joy and looked very basic and amateur but it kind of suited them, this new one is trying to look professional but failing miserably in my opinion, most of the shots cut peoples heads off or are awkwardly positioned and look forced… not a fan… hope they didn’t pay for it and if they did I hope it was CHEAP!

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

Joy started a Facebook page. The first posts include a picture of each child, along with these descriptions:

Gideon - 5 years old

Gideon LOVES people… everyone is his best friend.
He loves to work on the construction site with Austin, he can be timid to try new things, but once he does he is all in (and by ALL IN, I mean he give it 1000%).
This year, Gid has loved learning to drive the skid steer, excavator, tractor, and his four wheeler. He is riding his bike without training wheels too! He has lost 4 teeth, he is learning how to swim, and is starting to read. Gideon loves to lead Evelyn around while playing pretend and I often find him talking to Gunner and making him laugh. He is a leader and encourager.

His nicknames are “Gid, Bubba, Gid the Kid, Gid-ya (Evy), & Skeeter.

Gideon you bring life and happiness to our family! We love you and are so proud of you.🧡

Evelyn - 3 years old

Evelyn is a joy. She just skips through life (literally) and has the biggest smile on her face. She loves deeply and is loyal. Her favorite color has turned from red to EVERYTHING PINK… She loves anything princess and sleeps with her favorite stuffed animals.
This year, Evelyn has learned the whole alphabet and their sounds, she can count to 25 and has multiple Bible verses memorized. She enjoys crafts and building blocks, but she also doesn’t mind playing in the dirt with Gideon. Evy rode her first Roller Coaster a few weeks ago and to my surprise she wanted to ride again (she is her fathers daughter). She is learning to swim and reminds us every time she tries something new that she is brave and strong. Evy loves Gideon and Gunner annndddd i have no doubt that she has enough energy to keep up with them.

Evelyn’s nicknames are: Evy, Darlin, Princess, Babe, & Evy Mae Clampet (to which she replies, “that’s not my name, my name is Evy Mae Por-syph”). 

Evelyn Mae, you are a joy to be around and your smile is contagious. We love you dearly and are so thankful to God for you.

Gunner - 3 months old

Gunner has been so easy. He just chills wherever we are. He loves mamas milk (can ya tell?!). He weighs 17lbs! He started smiling at 5 weeks old and hasn’t stopped, then when you thought he couldn’t get any cuter, at 2 months he started belly laughing. He has found his voice and is  squealing and babbling a lot! He loves to be held and talked to (which he gets plenty of  from his older siblings). Gunner is also drooling non stop now… surely not teething already?!

Gunners nicknames are: Gunner Bug, Bubs, Guns, Gudda (Evy).

Gunner, we love you more than you know.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 5
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Joy started a Facebook page. The first posts include a picture of each child, along with these descriptions:

Gideon - 5 years old

He loves to work on the construction site with Austin, he can be timid to try new things, but once he does he is all in (and by ALL IN, I mean he give it 1000%).
This year, Gid has loved learning to drive the skid steer, excavator, tractor, and his four wheeler. He is riding his bike without training wheels too! He has lost 4 teeth, he is learning how to swim, and is starting to read. Gideon loves to lead Evelyn around while playing pretend and I often find him talking to Gunner and making him laugh. He is a leader and encourager.

Gideon you bring life and happiness to our family! We love you and are so proud of you.🧡

Evelyn - 3 years old

Evelyn is a joy. She just skips through life (literally) and has the biggest smile on her face. She loves deeply and is loyal. Her favorite color has turned from red to EVERYTHING PINK… She loves anything princess and sleeps with her favorite stuffed animals.
This year, Evelyn has learned the whole alphabet and their sounds, she can count to 25 and has multiple Bible verses memorized. She enjoys crafts and building blocks, but she also doesn’t mind playing in the dirt with Gideon. Evy rode her first Roller Coaster a few weeks ago and to my surprise she wanted to ride again (she is her fathers daughter). She is learning to swim and reminds us every time she tries something new that she is brave and strong. Evy loves Gideon and Gunner annndddd i have no doubt that she has enough energy to keep up with them.

Evelyn’s nicknames are: Evy, Darlin, Princess, Babe, & Evy Mae Clampet (to which she replies, “that’s not my name, my name is Evy Mae Por-syph”). 

Evelyn Mae, you are a joy to be around and your smile is contagious. We love you dearly and are so thankful to God for you.

Gunner - 3 months old

Gunner has been so easy. He just chills wherever we are. He loves mamas milk (can ya tell?!). He weighs 17lbs! He started smiling at 5 weeks old and hasn’t stopped, then when you thought he couldn’t get any cuter, at 2 months he started belly laughing. He has found his voice and is  squealing and babbling a lot! He loves to be held and talked to (which he gets plenty of  from his older siblings). Gunner is also drooling non stop now… surely not teething already?!

Frankly, I'm appalled that Joy has posted so much personal info on her children in a public forum!

• Like 21
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 3
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Gideon - 5 years old

Evelyn - 3 years old

Gunner - 3 months old

Good thing Joy has given any predators out there details about her young kids, including their preferences and nicknames 🥺🥺🥺

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
  • Fire 2

Interesting that Gideon's blurb doesn't mention how excited he is to be in kindergarten (I'd even settle for pre-K).

7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Evy loves Gideon and Gunner annndddd i have no doubt that she has enough energy to keep up with them.

Gee, why wouldn't she have the same amount of energy as the boys?  Is it because she's a girrrrrl?

Edited by Angeltoes
  • Like 3
  • Sad 11
10 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

Interesting that Gideon's blurb doesn't mention how excited he is to be in kindergarten (I'd even settle for pre-K).

Gee, why would she have the same amount of energy as the boys?  Is it because she's a girrrrrl?

Exactly. WTF? And WHY did Joy capitalize the word “roller coaster?”

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

Gee, why wouldn't she have the same amount of energy as the boys?  Is it because she's a girrrrrl?

And not so long ago Joy was a girl who did keep up with her brothers, more than was usual in her family, since she was too young to be an original J’slave and too old to be a lost girl. All forgotten now? 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Have Joy and Carlin had a fallen out? 

No recent mention of each other in their social media, could just be a natural drifting away due to distance. Plus I don’t think Austin is a fan of Evan.

• Like 4

Members of this family think nothing of walking barefoot in a hospital, so I'm sure Joy didn't think twice about her daughter walking barefoot in a public restroom.

The Howlers were shown on their TV show cleaning the cat box with their bare hands.  Apparently there is no mention of cleanliness or hygiene in the Wisdom Books. (or common sense, for that matter)

• Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Members of this family think nothing of walking barefoot in a hospital, so I'm sure Joy didn't think twice about her daughter walking barefoot in a public restroom.

The Howlers were shown on their TV show cleaning the cat box with their bare hands.  Apparently there is no mention of cleanliness or hygiene in the Wisdom Books. (or common sense, for that matter)

They're disgusting!  I'm a germaphobe that covers the toilet seat with TP if the dispenser is out of seat covers.  And bare feet?  Unbelievable!  🤮

• Like 9
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

They're disgusting!  I'm a germaphobe that covers the toilet seat with TP if the dispenser is out of seat covers.  And bare feet?  Unbelievable!  🤮

It makes me wonder how clean Joy keeps her bathroom or her floors at home.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
4 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

That wasn't the only grammatical error.  I want to take out my red pen and mark it up!

Maybe the name of said roller coaster was Roller Coaster? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• LOL 8
On 9/6/2023 at 10:57 AM, xwordfanatik said:

Same here, No way I'd go barefoot in a public washroom, might as well walk through animal shit at a farm, probably be safer.

and letting a small child do it is complete insanity, at least MOST adults wouldn't touch their feet and then stick their fingers in their mouth, but most little kids do that all the time.  UGH! BARF!

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

They have a YouTube video up. I watched a few minutes. It was a Q&A.

They were asked if they are still IBLP. They said they never were as a couple. They distanced themselves from it. 

They were asked if they will read Jill’s book. They both said yes.

I forgot to add, Austin also said he is no longer in the house flipping business, but does help friends and family.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 13
41 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They have a YouTube video up. I watched a few minutes. It was a Q&A.

They were asked if they are still IBLP. They said they never were as a couple. They distanced themselves from it. 

They were asked if they will read Jill’s book. They both said yes.

When asked what flavor of Christian they are, Joy said that they don't follow any man, and Austin called their church "bible believing" and Baptist. That's code for IFB. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 10