Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

The Duggar girls do get some premarital sex education.  Remember in Jessa`s wedding episode Michelle did tell her to be joyfully available.  I believe her exact words were,"Don't worry, it doesn't take long."

• Love 8

Those photos hurt my heart. That should be a girl getting ready for her first college, work and travel adventures; a girl out in the world making friends and growing up instead of being preserved like a fly in amber at 17.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, louannems said:

Is that Jana posing with Joy?

Definitely not Jana, maybe a friend of Joy's.

Joy's jaw line in those pictures looks to me a lot like Jessa's. You could almost confuse the two. She must really have lost a lot of weight. Makes me sad. I thought she was beautiful just the way she was.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Booey said:

Joy's jaw line in those pictures looks to me a lot like Jessa's. You could almost confuse the two. She must really have lost a lot of weight. Makes me sad. I thought she was beautiful just the way she was.

You are so right.   But I'm sure her face will fill back out when she's pregnant, which won't be long. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, allonsyalice said:

Uh, wedding registry (Apparently, it was found by someone on tumblr, so no credit to me) The date is Oct 28th. 

Power tools and grey linen. Sad.

ETA: Just one set of bedsheets? Gross. 

click through to amazon and you'll see more. Like a headlamp!

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Power tools and grey linen. Sad. 

Who asks for power tools, hiking boots and a  toothbrush for wedding presents???

I'm with you on all the grey linen and towels.  This forshadows a depressing marriage.

• Love 6

Dilemmas, dilemmas ... I can't decide between getting them the circular saw or the orbital sander ... which one do you guys think Joy would get the most use out of? 

Oh, that's right, neither. 

I don't think I've ever seen a wedding registry so devoted to outfitting a wood working shop for the husband.  Is this like a "thing" people are doing now, soliciting gifts for one spouse in particular that really have nothing to do with feathering the brand new marital nest? Or is Joy going actually to be out there in the shop building  furniture? Because if she is I think I will give them the sander. I wouldn't want to be responsible for giving that airhead anything sharp like a saw.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Isn't that her birthday? I wonder if it's real, but y'all know what a cynic I am by now.

Yeah, definitely take everything with a grain of salt. 

(who wants to get married on their birthday) 

27 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Isn't that her birthday? I wonder if it's real, but y'all know what a cynic I am by now.

With that long of an engagement, given it's her birthday, and the blandness of the items plus proliferation of power tools that a home remodeler would already own, I'm leaning fake registry. 

• Love 6

I don't believe that's their wedding registry. First, no one in this family knows what the knot is. And second, they're not going to wait that long.

Getting married on your birthday means you don't have to use your brain to remember those special dates and can use that small compartment that is used for remembering those too many children you have because you don't bother to learn anything better...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

With that long of an engagement, given it's her birthday, and the blandness of the items plus proliferation of power tools that a home remodeler would already own, I'm leaning fake registry. 

It's the grey linens that suggest it's a put on to me  ... I think it's meant to be a commentary on their relationship.  It's rather a nice droll touch in my opinion.  Very clever.  

What if it's real though, and that is actually how Joy wants to decorate her first grown-up bedroom?  How bleak.  I hope for her sake it's fake. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It's the grey linens that suggest it's a put on to me  ... I think it's meant to be a commentary on their relationship.  It's rather a nice droll touch in my opinion.  Very clever.  

What if it's real though, and that is actually how Joy wants to decorate her first grown-up bedroom?  How bleak.  I hope for her sake it's fake. 

Jessa and Ben have grey walls in their bedroom.  

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Grey IS sort of "in" at the moment, though...It can be quite sophisticated...

Well that seals it.  No way are any of the Duggars on trend or "sophisticated."  The registry is obviously fake.

1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Gray can look really chic when paired with the right accessories, but gray everything accented by shitty, chipped Goodwill knick knacks is going to look horrible.

Grey can be awesome, but aren't they going to be living at that "family camp" place?  It seems extremely rustic.  I can't see a grey color scheme working in that setting at all. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 3

My sister had a wheelbarrow and a saw on her registry, because they were going to be clearing an overgrown property, and her old wheelbarrow was rusty...(they ended up also borrowing a goat, to get rid of overgrown blackberry brambles). So considering that Austin is in the house-flipping business, I can see wanting to upgrade tools that he might need for home repairs etc., and if they can get someone else to pay for them, well that is the Duggar way.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kalamac said:

My sister had a wheelbarrow and a saw on her registry, because they were going to be clearing an overgrown property, and her old wheelbarrow was rusty...(they ended up also borrowing a goat, to get rid of overgrown blackberry brambles). So considering that Austin is in the house-flipping business, I can see wanting to upgrade tools that he might need for home repairs etc., and if they can get someone else to pay for them, well that is the Duggar way.

If Austin is actally in the "house flipping business," I would be 99.9% certain that he is doing so as part of the Duggar family house flipping business. If that is the case, the tools are not for Austin, they are for JB's enterprise, not for Austin's personal use. Jill and Jessa probably brought in enough linens for all of the households (especially since they seem relatively unaquainted with things like sheets on beds), so Joy will get her future linens from the TTH wedding gift closet and help re-stock the tool bin with her own gift registry.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

If it's real, the date and place are definitely placeholders. No way they release the real date/place. People will find out soon enough anyway. 

You just have to monitor the travel calendar on Jill Rodrigues' blog to see when she schedules her horde to go on a stink bus road trip to Arkansas and acts all mysterious about the reason.  Isn't that how people figured out when Jinger's wedding was scheduled?

Jill is such a hopeless tool. Why won't TLC give her her own show? It would be appointment TV for me. 

• Love 13

Did Jessa and Jill use The Knot for their wedding registries?  (I don't remember, but I would guess so since everyone uses the knot. ) True Story: My best friend was thinking of getting married and he and his fiancee started an Amazon registry with 3 things on it.  Then they postponed the wedding (still together). Months later I said it's gonna confuse people shouldn't they take down the Knot registry, since the wedding was put off. He said we didn't use the Knot. I went on the Knot and found the listing. Same state, same exact names which aren't that unique but it will still be a heck of a coincidence if two people with their exact names and spellings got married in the same state on the day they were thinking of getting married. I sent him the link of what I found and he said "hmm... I guess they automatically link it to the Knot if you register on Amazon." 

The date is suspious. I agree it will throw people off if it's real.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

You just have to monitor the travel calendar on Jill Rodrigues' blog to see when she schedules her horde to go on a stink bus road trip to Arkansas and acts all mysterious about the reason.  Isn't that how people figured out when Jinger's wedding was scheduled?

Jill is such a hopeless tool. Why won't TLC give her her own show? It would be appointment TV for me. 

I would watch this as well simply so that JRod and Chimpy would have the funds to feed their children adequately.  Perhaps being in the public eye would cause them to be a little kinder to their kids.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I expect they're afraid of actually offending and distressing conservative Christians (i.e., potential audience) with a family so obviously in extremis. They couldn't hide it there, as they can with the Duggs. Nor could they hide the connection between the horror and the parents' mode of "faith."

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
On 3/13/2017 at 1:01 PM, Absolom said:

Sadly the power tool that she could use the most isn't very godly and I imagine not on their list.  What!?  Someone had to say it!

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

That's a fan Instagram account, not an offical site.  What they did was take a posted picture of Joy and Austin and then superimposed the header from that Amazon wedding gift registry.  Still no official word on a date from Duggarland.

Agree. They are not going to delay the wedding that long. I still think it's the end of April. They don't have long engagements.

• Love 3

I think the end of April slot is too soon, but then again, these girls plan a lot of stuff ahead of the proposal. I doubt even a Duggar could get that college venue on 13 weeks' (longest engagement of all of them) notice. Note that they have never shown a Duggar girl's struggle to find a venue unlike Michael Bates' church search, although I think she also had the church lined up, and they filmed the other "taken" venues for the DRAMAZ!!!!! Because wouldn't you call a venue first to find out if it was booked before taking time to go see it? 

I hope Joy gets married at the Family Camp's church, and it's too small to invite everyone you've ever met. And yes, that means no JRod. Sorry, guys. She was the leak to Jinger's wedding date, which surprised most of us since it was The Week Of Jessa. I bet someone had a talk with her after that! LOL

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
On 3/14/2017 at 7:23 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I hope Joy gets married at the Family Camp's church, and it's too small to invite everyone you've ever met. 

Well, that wouldn't be right. Because then all your friends wouldn't be there. 

• Love 4