Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E09: Project Pop Up

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

I'm okay with Tim Gunn using the TGS, and I don't even like Cornelius.  I just hate to see bad behavior rewarded.  Sure, the pleated skirt was a problem... because he was doing it at the last minute by himself after Erin took his skirt.  

I also respect that Tim probably feels somewhat responsible for the red team's loss because he gave them such a good critique.  He left them thinking they were on the right track, and they did what he said, and they ended up the losers.  If I were in his position, I might feel partially responsible for their failure, and using the "save" might be his way of apologizing for steering them wrong.

• Love 11

Sigh. 

I get that the other two didn't work well with Cornelius, but he DID come off as a real whiner. 

If I have to hear whining about this again?

SObCrI0.jpg

Really, what did he expect anyway? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, whimsey98 said:

Count me in the group that didn't like Kelly Osborne's hair.  She looked like a kewpie doll.

I imagined a bunch of zits in the shape of that hair flap as her skin absorbed the pound of product it took to make it do that.

• Love 2

Was the blue team's collection 20%+ better than the beige team's? How was that calculated into the total placement? I don't get what the point of the public voting was other than to make sure every team got some recognition? I guess the $500 Sally gift certificate was better than a win on this one. Even though I wash out in beige, I think I would have voted for those superb beige seamed stretch pants, fitted to perfection or that beautiful camel coat. Blue, a color I can wear, was well represented by the plaid coat, but the lop-sided skirt was dumb and the swallow-tail coat was not something I would ever wear anywhere. Beige got cheated, blue got a mystery promotion and red was exactly where it should have been, at the bottom.

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 3

No heroes in this story.

Erin and Dexter are assholes.

If Cornelius thought there was too much red then he should have bought a different color.  Instead of making another skirt he should have told Erin she needed to get to work to make one herself because his job was done.

I normally like Roberi but that skirt is just stupid.  

Tim made his save decision based on emotion rather than evaluation of talent and skill. 

Everyone on team red needed to go home and I would have kicked the judges out as well.  We need new judges.

• Love 7

I thought Mah-Jing's outfit was really weird and ugly, the dress looked shapeless and the coat looked like a bathrobe. I hated Roberi's look, and if I'd been judging, I would have sent him home. It looked like he used safety pins to pin that fabric on the front, and the skirt looked like scraps tacked together. Erin's coat was yawn, the outside pockets were ugh. Jenni's top looked like it was covered with giant dandruff flakes. Laurence's was OK. I liked Natalia's jacket best of all, but her pants were nothing special. I liked Rik's outfit and think he should have won.

Edited by lidarose9

I've never seen a challenge with so many unfinished edges before, especially team blue's. Seriously, Just run the garments through a serger if you have to.

ETA: Tim using his save on Corny was just another blatant attempt at his own redemption. He might as well be wearing a 'Please Like Me' sign around his neck.

Edited by Tony
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Rancide said:

If I were in his position, I might feel partially responsible for their failure, and using the "save" might be his way of apologizing for steering them wrong.

Except right before that he called two of three on the team Mean Girls.  That didn't sound very apologetic. 

I'd bet my next paycheck that it was all arranged:  judges can eliminate Cornelius, knowing that he'd be saved, and all three would live to (hopefully for the producers) live to fight--literally--another day.  Yawn.

Yes, she did, on another team challenge, where the whole team (except the last one, who just cried, as I recall) named Ashley as the one who should go.  At the time, I was ambivalent because she seemed to be criticizing them for saying someone should go home, when that was what they had just been told to do.  But she definitely picked up on the vibe of the pack going after a weaker member.  

• Love 2
23 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

Yeah, I thought that seemed really odd and was very, "How would he know that" since you didn't get a sense of that dynamic at all when Tim did his walkthrough so he had to have known from seeing footage or something which seems jank.

18 hours ago, Miss Ruth said:

I think the judges know everything that goes on in the workroom before the runway show.  There have been times (can't think of any examples) when the judges asked questions that made me think they watch the workroom footage before the judging.

I don't think they need to watch footage.  There are producers and camera operators getting the workroom and diary room footage who brief them on the week's stories, I'm sure.   The producers probably usually take a shred of drama and get footage and confessionals to make it into a huge thing.  "Cornelius, don't the other two seem to be taking a lot of breaks?  Hint, hint..."

11 hours ago, Soobs said:

I imagined a bunch of zits in the shape of that hair flap as her skin absorbed the pound of product it took to make it do that.

I kept wondering how awful it'd feel to have to spend hours taping with something that large pasted to the side of your face.  I'd be dying to rip it off.  

I loved Kelly on DWTS but every time she's on this she comes off as a mean bitch.  A lot of celeb judges do.  

I too hated that baby-poop orange/brown all over the neutral collection.  I didn't like anything in that collection.  

Roberi is so much cuter with a baseball cap hiding his giant, odd flap of bangs.  

The judging was unusually reasonable, so I'm going to be reasonable, too.

The problem with the Tim Gunn Save is that the magic "saving" power continues for a long time.  The judges aren't about to spit on what is supposed to be Tim's discerning mentor insight that a talented designer's work and creativity are such that s/he deserves another opportunity.  Corn's now bulletproof for several episodes, maybe right into the finals.

I don't think his work warrants that, but two-against-one is never pleasant and I don't think the two besties voted against him for his work anymore than Tim saved him for his work.

I thought Roberi's "punk" chopped hem skirt was ridiculous, but . . . okay, I can see where that skirt might be a hot ticket item in some world besides mine--as opposed to the hundreds of times the judges have kvelled about some piece of shit that no one anywhere would wear out in public.  I loved Rik's coat and dress, which struck me as smart and sophisticated.  Although, now that I think about it, those are not words I've ever heard the judges use as praise.  Editorrrrrial.  Have you ever overheard anything complimented as "sooo editorial"?

Interesting how that one choice of using plaid made such a difference between red and blue.  I wonder whether it was a stroke of brilliance or more like a stroke of luck?  With 30 minutes for three people to design and coordinate their designs and then tearing around for whatever little sliver of time they get in Mood, it's hard to know for sure.

[Not that anyone cares, but] that shade of red would have turned me corpse and most blues don't do much for me either.  But I'm a glowworm in pumpkin.  Pumpkin's a neutral now!  YAY!!

Edited by candall
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I was surprised by the fabric choices of the red team. The colors all read orangey-red on my TV, and I took "red violet" to mean a strong blue-ish violet-ish red. Just me?

Not just you. I was confused by their Christmas red choice and that it wasn't brought up in judging. I wonder if Sally Beauty gave them a particular color palette to look at before hand. Maybe that's why team neutral went with bland beige when there are more sophisticated neutral colors. 

If a team is functional (I know team red wasn't but...) I always wonder why they don't prepare for the "who should go home" question. Before the runway decide who will pick who (so each designer gets no more than one down vote) and make the reason small matter of opinion. Like "I don't think anyone should go, but if I have to pick I guess I'd choose Dexter because I really thought that shade of red was a mistake." You picked someone and gave a reason that won't get them sent home. Just prepare, beat the judges at their own game, and avoid the crocodile tears!

I'm trying to figure what Roberi's attitude would be if he's around for the inevitable "everyday woman" challenge. Because I think the sweater he designed would work on any size woman. The color blocking was very flattering, maybe a small alteration to the proportions would be needed. I just wonder if he could do the same for a non-model.

Edited by Nordly Beaumont
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, PepperMonkey said:

I'm going to chime in and say I'm so damn tired of bullying being used in the way that it is used on every forking reality show, when there are people in the world who ARE actually bullied and even end up taking their own lives due to the severity of same bullying. They did NOT bully Cornelius: they ignored him and goofed off while he was obviously needing some attention/ help. That's not bullying.

The meaning of the word has expanded and changed considerably, and relatively recently.  A bully used to demand you hand over your milk money or the Twinkie your mom packed in your lunch.  Or block your way so you missed your bus.  Way, WAY, back down the scale to "stronger taking advantage of weaker."

We've all adopted so many brand new vocabulary words in our lexicon, I don't know how "bully" grew into the word that many people feel should be reserved for torment so severe lives are ruined.  That kind of deliberate torture warranted some new, instantly identifiable nomenclature.  But big kids are still knocking little kids off the monkeybars for a laugh--what's our new term for that stuff?

I guess "bully" is going to be used in situations from pigtail pulling to suicide.  No one means to trivialize the latter.

• Love 2

There was a site with interviews of last season Project Runway Juniors contestants.  They were asked who their favorite judge was, and most picked Kelly Osbourne.  The general consensus was that she provided the most helpful feedback - stuff the kids could take and use - and she was the most supportive. They REALLY liked her.  This surprised me because she came off kind of bitchy IMO so I was glad to read this.

I always liked Kelly's observations on Joan.  Combined with the kids' comments, I think she's  good fit in the fashion industry.    

I don't really care that she might not have professional training.  Same could be said for all the arts - fashion is no different.  

It's about taste, interest, and delivery and I value what she has to say.  I think she pretty much nails it most times.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 17
54 minutes ago, candall said:

I guess "bully" is going to be used in situations from pigtail pulling to suicide.  No one means to trivialize the latter.

I would use "tormented" for more serious situations.

• Love 2
On 11/4/2016 at 1:53 AM, GaT said:

I knew Tim was going to save Cornelius, the pleated skirt was the reason his look sucked, if he had kept the skirt he made to go with the jacket, I think Dexter would have been eliminated & I think that was why Tim saved him. 

I actually liked both Rik & Laurence's looks better than Roberi's, but, whatever.

While I'm no fan of Cornelius, Tim should have saved him.  It was at Tim's suggestion that Erin use Cornelius' skirt so that Cornelius ended up with that terrible pleat skirt.  

I see why team neutral won the popular vote. Their clothing was the most practical. I would have voted for them too.  I also clearly am not a fashionista as I didn't like the blue team's clothes, especially Roberi's. I thought that skirt looked like a bunch of scraps sewn together.  

• Love 1

I thought this was one of the best Runways I've seen. Some unfinished edges etc. but all in all a pleasure to watch. Hard to believe they did all that in one day. Impressive. 

Glad to see Erin brought down a notch and glad to see Corny get a little dose of shade but still survive. Anyone else notice when RedTeam sat together and Dexter and Erin were squeeing over working together? At one point Dexter glanced to his left, noticed Cornelius and reached over and gave C's leg a condescending little pat. I'm not sure how to describe the noise I made but I think it was a snarkle-bark.

Love her or hate her (I like her) I think KO is probably one of the best guest judges I've seen on this show. Tween stars and models don't seem to add much to the convo.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Snickerdoodle said:

I thought that skirt looked like a bunch of scraps sewn together.  

I think what was cool about it was that they were sewn together artfully.  It could've been a disaster with the wrong fabrics or shapes or lengths but it worked.  I think it did look like a plaid shirt tied around her waist but that's pretty "in", too.

42 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered, but did anyone make out what Dexter was mumbling under his breath on his way out of the break room at the end?

It wasn't close-captioned so I tried to listen but there was a lot of background noise but I think I caught, " ... ... went down like that ... ... touched." 

But he didn't look "touched" sitting on that couch listening to it all go down.

Maybe he's got enough self-awareness to realize there are better ways to behave. I hope so. 

Erin's Corny-love ("I didn't want you to go") looked fakety-fake, imho.

I don't think it was C's responsibility to be their taskmaster. And I'm not sure his asking for help would have been greeted with much more than grudging offers of assistance followed by disdain and subsequent bus throwing-under.

• Love 4

The top with the popcorn details squicked me out because the popcorn looked like teeth.

I thought they looked like old rotten teeth too. Creeped me out.

Did I hear Dexter call Mah-Jing fat? When Mah-Jing plopped down between the two guys, Dexter angrily bellowed something like "don't sit your fat ass next to me." Charming.

No, he said "Sit your F*** ass down and calm down." Since it was bleeped, I assume he dropped the f-bomb. They would not have bleeped "fat."

The question must be asked:  Doesn't Mood carry that oversized hound's tooth check fabric in red?  

Clearly not, because he for damn sure would've bought it.

I thought Cornelius and Erin were fighting over a similar large print plaid.  Were they both arguing over the small print plaid that eventually became Erin's coat?

No, they both wanted a bright fabric with a faint, but large white windowpane check. I don't think either of them used it.

I think the sweater he designed would work on any size woman.

Roberi's sweater turned out so much better than it looked during Tim's critique.

• Love 3

I was not that enthused about any of the designs.  Nor was I surprised that a SoHo crowd would vote for neutrals - if they'd had the choice of black/charcoal it would have been unanimous for that.  Cornelius has seemed so bitchy the whole season that it really took some determined editing to convince the audience he had been bullied and deserved the save.  Not that I doubt the Dexter vs Cornelius war, mind you - but Erin was just a tagalong there.

My favorite line in the show was Roberi's "sexy is NOT the solution to every design problem!"  That is a much more punk attitude than - well, than anything we're likely to see here anyway.  In fact it is one of the fundamental premises of punk. 

• Love 8

I like how the judges completely called Erin and Dexter for boxing out Cornelius because I feel like I rarely see that.  Yes, I remember, the example last year with Ashley, I know.  But I thought this was really good and upfront.  Heidi and Zac completely called out the situation and I think it was valid.  However, I do think that Cornelius is a mediocre designer.  But I think that those are 2 separate issues.  Unfortunately Tim doesn't seem to care and related the two.

Laurence's pants and entire aesthetic, Roberi's entire outfit - I LOVED THE SWEATER - and Erin's coat.  Like all three of those looks.  To be honest I didn't get the big deal about Rik.  The shift dress underneath and the plaid coat?  To me it's all either Junior and/or cheap.  I don't get it.

But fuck yeah would I love to wear Roberi's sweater atop of Laurence's pants.  Even though you'd be almost totally covered it'd be such a sexy chic look.  

I can't even look at the neutral collection.  Using 3 different colours for 3 different teams puts an inherent bias in the competition. Some people viscerally love some colours over others, or neutrals are seen as classic whereas the harsh primary colours came off as kind of 90s in comparison - especially fire engine red.  Who wears fire engine red head to toe since the 1990s?  There's a built in bias there..... it kind of fixes the competition a bit and in my opinion confuses the judges' feelings or impression of the collection.

I love blue - but the Blue team as a whole kind of came off too cheap and simple.  Kind of like Forever 21 or something.  I like the store, but not for the purposes of this show.  I guess I think the plaid print cheapened the collection.  It was too broad and not classy.

My favorite line in the show was Roberi's "sexy is NOT the solution to every design problem!"

And I loved Laurence saying, "You don't like sexy?  What do I say to that?"  The whole conflict was adorable.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, English Teacher said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered, but did anyone make out what Dexter was mumbling under his breath on his way out of the break room at the end?

What I heard was "shouldn't have been down there" and "I'm still traumatized." 

• Love 1

About the Tim Gunn save, only once have I seen (that I can recall) Tim save a designer who actually had talent & deserved the save. And that was the on the first one, the chick from Seattle (sorry, cannot remember her name) - Michelle? - who I think went on to win the competition. It was Tim's championing of her that created the save in the first place. Since then the save has been used on undeserving designers who he felt sorry for, Char, Ashley, do not remember who else. And Cornelius who hasn't created anything interesting at all.

I was baffled by Erin & Dexter's seeming unwillingness to come together with Cornelius to make a decent showing. This was a team challenge, not 3 separate individual looks that would stand on their own. Of course they thought their looks were smashing but that's only 2 looks out of 3. Two decent looks weren't going to give them the win. I'm sorry that I'm not expressing this better & hope at least to make some sort of sense. They did not work together or show any effort at all in coming up with a cohesive collection. They didn't play to win. They just played with each other.

Personally I would not have wanted to work with Cornelius either.  He's kind of a shit. But I would have made an effort to put that aside to come up with a winning collection/group effort.

Edited by kat165
damned wonky paragraph spacing
  • Love 4
On November 4, 2016 at 8:04 PM, backgroundnoise said:

I'd bet my next paycheck that it was all arranged:  judges can eliminate Cornelius, knowing that he'd be saved, and all three would live to (hopefully for the producers) live to fight--literally--another day.  Yawn.

I totally wondered about this - if he was 'eliminated' with the understanding Tim would bring him back. The judges weren't too impressed with the bus-throwing, I didn't think, and they knew Erin had basically stolen/benefited from Cornelius's skirt, but his look was still the worst. This way, they didn't have to get rid of a designer whose look wasn't quite as horrid, but wouldn't get their hands dirty in the end. 

3 hours ago, kat165 said:

Since then the save has been used on undeserving designers who he felt sorry for, Char, Ashley, do not remember who else.

I think he used it for the deaf guy (I'm terrible with names). He went to the finals as I recall.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I like how the judges completely called Erin and Dexter for boxing out Cornelius because I feel like I rarely see that.  Yes, I remember, the example last year with Ashley, I know.  But I thought this was really good and upfront.  Heidi and Zac completely called out the situation and I think it was valid.  However, I do think that Cornelius is a mediocre designer.  But I think that those are 2 separate issues.  Unfortunately Tim doesn't seem to care and related the two.

I agree that most of the time these are, indeed, separate issues and often an unfortunate part of doing business or simply working with other people but in this case part of the challenge was to work as a team, cooperate and come up with a cohesive design together.

On that level they failed. The seeming fact that they didn't play nice was secondary, if annoying and unprofessional.

I saw the Tim Gunn Save slightly differently. The judges admitted that they thought every team did a "fantastic" job and they were really looking at the most minor errors to send someone home. I think in those cases, the Tim Gunn Save is called for. Cornelius made a great outfit that was marginally less great than other teams' great outfits. The bullying was a good "TV reason." But I think it's perfectly reasonable for Tim to use his save in the instance where everyone did really well, but some did slightly less well than others.

Actually, I feel like the judging was inconsistent there, because the judges are usually so hung up on "who made what," but Dexter and Erin "claimed" their outfits, leaving Cornelius with the "team effort" skirt. Ostensibly, Dexter should've been sent home, as they seemed to dislike his outfit more than the two individual pieces Cornelius made. But I guess this made it more dramatic.

Erin has "shock pre-fashion week boot" written all over her. I'm rooting for Team Adults (Laurence, Rik, Roberi) to make it. If this collection is any indication, what a well-made, interesting runway show that would be!

• Love 10
7 hours ago, kat165 said:

About the Tim Gunn save, only once have I seen (that I can recall) Tim save a designer who actually had talent & deserved the save. And that was the on the first one, the chick from Seattle (sorry, cannot remember her name) - Michelle? - who I think went on to win the competition. It was Tim's championing of her that created the save in the first place. Since then the save has been used on undeserving designers who he felt sorry for, Char, Ashley, do not remember who else. And Cornelius who hasn't created anything interesting at all.

I was baffled by Erin & Dexter's seeming unwillingness to come together with Cornelius to make a decent showing. This was a team challenge, not 3 separate individual looks that would stand on their own. Of course they thought their looks were smashing but that's only 2 looks out of 3. Two decent looks weren't going to give them the win. I'm sorry that I'm not expressing this better & hope at least to make some sort of sense. They did not work together or show any effort at all in coming up with a cohesive collection. They didn't play to win. They just played with each other.

Personally I would not have wanted to work with Cornelius either.  He's kind of a shit. But I would have made an effort to put that aside to come up with a winning collection/group effort.

I have a different recollection of the TG Save.  

Cornelius' save is the only one I've seen that was clearly based on personal matters rather than design skill.  I suppose in past seasons, there may have been a smidge of that, but mostly I think he's used it for those who have potential as designers.    That's my memory anyway.

I like that TG has a save, and I like that he can use it however he sees fit.   I don't object to its use as a means to adjust for human behavior that is "off".  Whether it's his own advice in the workroom or helping a contestant bounce back from working with "mean girls".  I like the interjection of a little humanity.  Life's hard.  A little boost now and again is nice to see.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, dleighg said:

I think he used it for the deaf guy (I'm terrible with names). He went to the finals as I recall.

Justin Leblanc.  I thought that was the first use of the Tim Gunn save, and also probably the reason it was created-- because Tim really, really wanted to save Justin.  

The save seems to be a way for them to further the story that the judges are meanies and Tim is a sweet old uncle who champions the poor persecuted underdog.  Save recipients so far have all had something that sets them slightly apart:  Justin's deafness, Char was a slightly older, self-taught black woman, Ashley's obesity and Cornelius was the excluded-from-the-cool-kids-clique black man.  Of course, most of the designers fall in some 'historically marginalized' category, so it may all be coincidence.  

Edited by Guest
40 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Cornelius' save is the only one I've seen that was clearly based on personal matters rather than design skill.  I suppose in past seasons, there may have been a smidge of that, but mostly I think he's used it for those who have potential as designers.  

I must disagree.  Justin is a maybe, since he was an okay designer and that was a weak season.  But Char was different.  The garment that got to aufed was one of the worst I've ever seen and nothing seen from her before was anything other than mediocre (IMHO).   Cornelius is the same.  Although his outfit was not terrible, sometimes it does come down the worst of some pretty good outfits.  You'd think they'd want it to always be that way, hee.

What bugs me about the TGS is that there is a stated purpose of it, and yet it has never been applied that way.  YMMV.  This show does not have enough credibility to me to assume anything other than that C was saved to stir shit.

• Love 5

What bugs me about the TGS is that there is a stated purpose of it, and yet it has never been applied that way. 

I thought the stated purpose was for him to use it when he disagrees with the judgement, to save someone he doesn't think should be cut. Isn't that what he has been doing? The criteria for who he thinks deserves it are his own. it doesn't have to be the best designer, just someone he wants to have another shot.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 13

I've been wanting Cornelius out almost since the beginning of the season, but I was overjoyed to see Erin and Dexter brought down a peg. That euphoria lasted until I realized that, based on the history of the save, we're probably stuck with Cornelius until at least final four. Designers who were saved and their final placements:

Season 12, Justin LeBlanc, third

Season 13, Char Glover, fourth

Season 14, Edmond Newton, third

12 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I thought the stated purpose was for him to use it when he disagrees with the judgement, to save someone he doesn't think should be cut. isn't that what he has been doing? this criteria for who he thinks deserves it are his own. it doesn't have to be the best designer, just someone he wants to have another shot.

I agree. I'm thinking Heidi says something along the lines of he can use the save when he disagrees with the judges' decision. I don't remember much about the situation with Edmond, but it seemed like the saves of Justin, Char and now Cornelius were based more on Tim's emotions than the designer's talent.

• Love 3

I can't stand Cornelius, but I hate Erin and Dexter even more. Also, Corni's was the only look I liked on team red (formerly team red and purple?) Dexter's is ridiculous and Erin totally destroyed hers with those odd ear flaps that were way too high for that length of coat. Also, if the complaint was too much red, then Corni for the win again since he was the ONLY one who said they should use a different color. He is also the one who suggested putting his skirt with Erin's coat. So as much as I hate Corni, and as much as I don't think he can make it, I agree that he was not the one who should have gone based on this challenge.

I do have to say, I was surprised that Corni held his tongue on the runway. I thought for sure it was going to be an epic battle. But it was probably the smartest thing he did because if he had fought on the runway he would probably not have gotten the TG Sympathy Save. Maybe he is smarter than he looks.

The Blue team was the clear winner. I mean, was there even a contest? lol That shit was cohesive and polished. I love every piece, except the longer jacket which is sloppier than I like. But the dress under was adorable. I feel like, at this point, Laurence has the strongest chance of being a successful designer. She has a clear aesthetic which is clean, structured and yet casual/hip.

Team beige was...beige. It was neither good or bad. I think they got the perfect color for their collection lol

The TGS was worth it just for the looks on Dexter and Erin's faces. EPIC!!!!

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 5

I have a feeling the save is only going to buy Cornelius a few weeks.  I think they'll break the pattern of saved designers making the finale, if for nothing else than to break the pattern so it's not a given in future seasons.  

I clearly don't know fashion.  And I don't get the judging.  The red in the models hair was bad styling, but for the blue it was great.  No one would want a skirt that was high/low like that red skirt, but the blue one was great.  

Who is picking Nina's clothes this year?  I swear I had a sweater much like hers.  When I was in High School in the 80's.

• Love 5

I wish I could buy Rik's coat! It's totally my style and I would wear it right away. Overall, the blue team deserved the win. I loved their use of plaid along with the blue and white.

I don't think Team Red was all that bad, just too much red all around. It would've been better if they had incorporated another color like black and used different shades of red. 

I'm glad Team Neutrals worked it out. I didn't like Nathalia's attitude towards Mah-jing at the beginning though. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Steph619 said:

...I'm glad Team Neutrals worked it out. I didn't like Nathalia's attitude towards Mah-jing at the beginning though. 

It's funny, because it could have been like team Red/Violet, but they were smarter than them... It's like if red/violet and neutral teams were settled in order to see what they will do, vs team blue as the example to follow, if that makes sense...

team blue did work well together and, surprise, made the best collection. Team beige did manage to pull their heads out of their asses and pull off a good enough collection. Team red was made up of three special snowflakes, two of whom were besties and shut out the only one who seemed to actually listen to what they were supposed to be doing. I think Erin is capable of making great things, but only certain great things (like coats) and will force the challenge to fit what she already has in her head. Dexter is just...other than being red IDK what his "dress" had to do with the brief at all. Corni made an attempt to add more color, an attempt to make things more cohesive and then got thrown under the bus when his asshole teammates wouldn't help him make a new skirt after he donated his already made skirt to make things cohesive.

I don't think he'll get very far but I am so happy Corni was saved because he was NOT the reason his team lost. If it weren't a team challenge I'd probably have sent Mah-Jing home. That dress was a whole lot of nothing. I almost feel like the whole thing was rigged and the real people "vote" was only added to put the Terrible Triplets on the bottom. Not that I blame anyone. I think they all needed a good spanking.

• Love 4

Late to seeing this episode, but I am so over both Erin and Dexter. Yes, Erin you can make a coat, a big coat, and we know you will add some flash element to it...this time oversize pockets.  And that is all you did. You contributed no thought to the team's overall presentation, no thought to the red/violet color assigned, and you took Corni's skirt, and then went off with your besti to laugh and eat chips. Not even an offer to help make a skirt to sub for the one you took from Corni. I would not have let you get away with that.  But of course, Dexter was Mean Girl 2. His vest had armholes big enough for the sides of one's breasts to slide out, and was open to the navel. If it is a vest, why not make something to go under it. And the skirt was nothing...a pencil skirt in the same fabric.  It was a nowhere look...not fully thought out, and all one color. The red stripe in the hair was lame.

Both of you are just a nasty pair. And I do not like Cornelius. In fact, you were both so awful, that I was rooting for Corni, whom I do not like. Of course, neither of you liked being called out on your behavior...though why it was a surprise to you both baffles me. And Erin, shove it with your fake embrace of Corni; we get that you are not pleasant...so move on and decide how to make something besides a big coat.

• Love 9
On 11/4/2016 at 3:50 PM, HansMoleman742 said:

When the Neutrals first showed Tim their unfinished pieces, I thought they had dug up some 80's EPCOT uniforms.  The finished pieces were not an improvement.

All I could think was Leisure fashion by Sears, 1978,( 70℅ off rack)

• Love 7

There is no way the different groups were chosen randomly. There was the group of strong designers, the group of "meh" designers, and the group of "bring the drama" designers. Erin, Dexter and Cornelius together was a recipe for disaster (so good TV).

Team Meh Neutral collection was just so boring. Colors were boring, shapes were boring, I don't understand how the public could have favored this one. Would they have been the losing team without the public vote?

Dexter's look was not so bad (but it was absolutely not punk, nor that original and out of the box). Erin's coat looked like it has the pockets in the back (or at least, in a very impractical position).

Team Blue looks were very nice from afar, but on close inspection looked very unfinished (I saw many raw edges, rough hems...). Rik's coat was quite nice though, and I would have been more than happy with him winning, as I don't think this was Roberi's finest effort.

• Love 2