Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: The Day Will Come When You Won't Be

halgia
  • Start Topic

Last season ended with Rick and our group kneeling helplessly before Negan and his group; what Negan does will haunt those who survive forever.

This thread will unlock after the episode finishes. Before and during the episode, go to the pre-air speculation/live chat thread.

Some reminders since it's been a while:

• No spoilers, including comics, Talking Dead, and other sources. There's a spoiler thread for that.
  • Be nice and have fun!

I am literally wrung out from all of the crying and gagging and "nope nope nope nope NOPE"ing I was doing (and I was inadvertently spoiled). This should be work PTO criteria. I can't be expected to function tomorrow.

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • Love 8

If this season is going to be all about Negan, his incessant talking, torture and chopping parts of Daryl I think I'm out. Or until someone kills Negan.  Why didn't Rick grab the ax out of the table and whack Negan in the head while he was driving? Whatever...RIP Abe and Glenn. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 19

I'm glad I was spoiled but that still hurt like hell.

RIP Glenn.  Seeing his last few moments of life was worse than Hershel. Poor, poor Maggie.

RIP Abe. At least he got some good last words, telling Negan to suck his nuts. At least he's with his kids again....and to a lesser extent, the horrible crazy wife that got them killed -- yes, I know she was raped and traumatized BUT STILL...

Fuck you, Negan. I think I'm taking a hiatus from this show for a while.

• Love 19

Truly I don't see the point of all the violence tonight. (And yes, I know this is a violent show -- but this ... ) They could have started with the aftermath and more of the character reaction (even better if we'd known the victim(s) at end of last season) -- that's what I care about. I may not watch for a while after this one.

Edited by EllenC
  • Love 24

I've never watched so many seasons of a show and bailed but that was the most boring hour of TV I've forced myself to sit through in a long time. I'll probably read recaps for awhile and see if those can hold my interest.  Deleting Talking Dead, don't care to hear them gush (like Abe and Glenn's heads?!) over how epic it was.   Zzzzzz.

• Love 12

This episode sucked big, hairy buffalo ..... All right, I'm not going to cuss in this post. Suffice it to say, listening to Negan's Nattering (TM) rose my blood pressure to such high levels I'm sure I'm going to need by Losartan doubled at tomorrow's doctor visit. I need Negan to die so badly. I crave his brutal, horrific death via throat being torn out by Rick's teeth, leg being chopped off and eaten by Termites, and eaten by Walkers simultaneously. I crave this as much as I crave chocolate, Donald Trump to lose the election, and a crate of Moscato D'Asti. If Lucille could somehow have carnal knowledge of Negan before his gloriously brutal death, that would be even better.

I'm not watching this show again until I know for sure that Negan dies. This kind of villain doesn't need to hang around episode after unending episode. This villain needs to die with a glorious comeuppance.

The family scene at the end with Maggie, that should have broken my heart. I only felt mild empathy.

NEGAN.....RUINS......EVERYTHING! Yes, I am screaming this as loudly as I can. What, there's nobody in the house to hear me.

4 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

If this season is going to be all about Negan, his incessant talking, torture and chopping parts off Glenn I think I'm out. Or until someone kills Negan.  Why didn't Rick grab the ax out of the table and whack Negan in the head while he was driving? Whatever...RIP Abe and Glenn. 

The rest of the group were hostages. That's why Rick stopped fighting.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Boofish said:

My boyfriend looks like JDM. He is not getting laid tonight 

I'd have ghost sex with Denny Duquette ... Negan, not so much.    So, which one is he?  :)

Kirkman is a fucking wanker.   That is all.

• Love 15

I think the show is making a mistake in making Neegan the focus of the show. This episode was confusing to follow with the walkers in the smog. I don't like Neegan. it makes no sense for him to allow any of Rick's group to live. They will all want revenge on him & try to kill him. Management by "baseball bat with chains" is not a good way at increasing productivity of the labor force. Neeganis creating to many enemies.

I am upset that Abraham & Glenn were killed.

• Love 13

Okay, I'm still pissed that they delayed the whole thing, but I'll admit - they got me. It wasn't even necessarily losing Abraham. And Glenn. Abraham - meh. He was kind of pissing me off lately, with how he handled the whole love triangle thing. And I adore Glenn, but his fakeout death took a lot of the impact out of it. No, but what got me was the reaction of everyone who was left. This show is really saved by the actors - especially Andy and Danai. Just brutal reactions. 

Those final moments, of them all coming together, even Rosita and Sasha, reminds me why I love this show. 

Also, that shit with Carl's arm about killed me. I really and truly thought they'd go for it. I had my fingers over my face, was crying out for him to stop - everything. SO glad Carl didn't have to lose another part of his body. 

Negan can get fucked. I know a lot of people enjoy him because he's so "charismatic". Personally? I think he talks too fucking much and I'm over his theatrics. He is beyond brutal. It's quite clear that he operates by hurting other people, not you, if you fuck up. Quite frankly, that terrifies me. 

I don't know how they're going to get out of this one, but now that they're going to have to do Negan's dirty work, they're going to further blur that line between good and evil - which they already started blurring by going after Negan's men in the first place. Talk about hindsight. 

So yea, I still feel they're being too gimmicky, but the actors saved it. I liked the episode and was disgusted by it all at once.

• Love 24
7 minutes ago, Reghan said:

Ironically we had to put my cat, Maggie, down today.  R.I.P Glenn and Maggie the cat

I am so sorry for your loss. The loss of any pet is devastating.

3 minutes ago, jcin617 said:

Negan is not interesting.  He's not a interesting villain in the sense of story-telling, he's just sadistic.   And he won't. shut. up.   I am probably just going to wait until the season is over and watch on Netflix.   I've got better shows like Westworld to watch instead.

They have to do a back story on Negan. I don't know why he thinks wiping out a few people here & there in a sadistic way is good PR.

• Love 11

Say what you will about Negan, but at least he has the courtesy to make absolute sure his victims don't end up becoming Walkers.  Good Guy Negan?

Anyway, I had predicted either Abraham or Glenn to be "Lucilled," so yay for me, for it ending up being both?  I don't know; I get that death will always be a big part of the show and certainly plenty of characters I like have perished already, but something about their deaths just makes me feel... well, empty.  It just didn't feel like it did them any service, because it was all about how "funny" Negan is, how "badass" Negan is, how "unpredictable" Negan is.  Sure, I felt some emotion for Glenn especially; since he's been her since the beginning; but it just felt like they almost took a backseat to their own damn deaths for fucking Negan.  I don't know: I just feel somehow both underwhelmed and pissed about how it all went down.

Although I guess it is kind of interesting that Glenn's death is because of Daryl trying to be a hero, so part of his death will be on him, and I wonder how Daryl will feel about this, or how this will effect his relationship with Maggie.  But I kind of feel like this will get glossed over as well.

Either way, I found this entire episode to be pretty weak.  Just a whole bunch of Negan gloating, smirking, cracking lame jokes, and getting off on torturing Rick.  It was like seeing a troll on an internet comment section come to life.  It sucks since I like Jeffery Dean Morgan, but I'm already tired of Negan, and it's only his second freaking episode.  This is going to get old real fast.

I also found it interesting that despite the break-up and new coupling, Sasha seemed more held together after and during Abe's death then Rosita, who seemed broken.  I guess she still really had feelings for him.  Not saying Sasha didn't, but maybe she was just more accepting once she saw what was going down, or having already gone through this (Bob), made her more prepared for this outcome.

Negan's henchmen is apparently Simon, but he will still just be Trevor, because Steven Ogg is always Trevor to me!

Ending on a more positive note: the acting was on point as always, with the highlights being Steven Yeun and Lauren Cohan's final moment and Andrew Lincoln selling Rick completely being out of his element and breaking down.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I'd have ghost sex with Denny Duquette ... Negan, not so much.    So, which one is he?  :)

Kirkman is a fucking wanker.   That is all.

Negan :(. It was even going to be his Halloween costume but now not so much

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Reghan said:

Ironically we had to put my cat, Maggie, down today.  R.I.P Glenn and Maggie the cat

I am so very sorry for your loss.   May your sweet Maggie be met by DaBoy, ShoeShoe, KittyKitty, BeanieBaby, Li'l Old Man and all my other dearly departed ones.

• Love 12

The episode was ok, didn't like the first 15 minutes as it dragged on more than what it need to be to find out who was the victim or victims of Lucille.

I do blame Daryl for Glenn's death because Daryl had to try and be the hero like an idiot when it wasn't the time for it. I didn't care that Abe died cause I didn't like him anyway. 

The one bright spot in the episode was Rick's breakdown on not wanting to cut off Carl's arm. That was great acting from Andrew Lincoln with his snot and everything. 

The episode could have been better.

• Love 9

When the ratings plummet 20 to 30% this season, the producers will blame it on fans being mad that they killed Glen and Abe.

I don't care that the killed Glen and Abe, I am angry that they decided to bore the audience to death in the process, with one endless Neagan monolog after another.  If the producers think that is anything rresembling good television, this show is done and won't make it to season 8.

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

They have to do a back story on Negan. I don't know why he thinks wiping out a few people here & there in a sadistic way is good PR.

I know it's the zombie apocalypse and all, and I understand how mob mentality works - but seriously, I can't fathom how all those people are just OK with his methods.   Did he "Carl's Arm" every one them too?

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

also found it interesting that despite the break-up and new coupling, Sasha seemed more held together after and during Abe's death then Rosita, who seemed broken.  I guess she still really had feelings for him.  Not saying Sasha didn't, but maybe she was just more accepting once she saw what was going down, or having already gone through this (Bob), made her more prepared for this outcome.

Yea, Rosita definitely seemed more traumatized. Maybe it was like Rick with Lori - all the hard feelings and unfinished business. The last time Rosita and Abe really talked wasn't good, no? It's hard to lose someone you care about, period, but when things aren't in a good place and you'll never have that chance to move forward....it really sucks.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

Wait, did you hear that sound at the end? As if millions of Walking Dead fans suddenly cried out in terror and said "That's it! I'm out!"

I do think ratings will drop after this episode.

• Love 7

I should feel devastated by those deaths, right? But it just seemed anticlimactic. (Admittedly, I was spoiled b/c of the cliffhanger nonsense.) Plus the excessive gore, blah. And the nattering of a villain who makes me long for the Governor. Who at least wore a jacket that fit.

Edited by EllenC
  • Love 17

I was spoiled for this because I needed to know who dies and I was prepared for that but I think they went too far. I'm a huge horror movie fan and I have seen it all but I had to look away from Glen. That was just too much for me. I'll never be watching this episode again.

• Love 8