Type keyword(s) to search

Hillary Rodham Clinton: 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee

6 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Thank you, I was going to respond exactly the same thing.  This isn't the same as gun control.  The NRA is intentionally misleading people about common sense gun laws and getting them all riled up that "Obama's coming for your guns!!"  The abortion thing is one hundred percent accurate.  Multiple GOP politicians have made it clear that they intend to see Roe v. Wade overturned.  Trump has said he'll appoint SC justices who will do just that.  

I was just saying tonight that we have three men in various sex-related scandals, and, somehow, it's all the one woman in the room's fault.  Bill's affairs?  Hillary's fault.  Trump is accused of sexual assault by a dozen or so women (and at least one child)?  Hillary put them up to it.  And now, somehow, she's going to have to share, with Huma, the heat for Wiener being a big old criminal pervert.   Sadly, this is not remotely surprising.  This is how we roll in this country.  I pray that, on 11/8, we see proof that there are more of us who don't roll like that.  Allowing the actual sexual assault perp to ascend to the White House because we're too busy stoning a woman for a few men's sexual behavior will lead us right to destruction on so many levels.  

Unfortunately I think we'll deserve every bit of it.  :(

• Love 2

To all:

This morning I sent a letter to Congress in connection with the Secretary Clinton email investigation.  Yesterday, the investigative team briefed me on their recommendation with respect to seeking access to emails that have recently been found in an unrelated case.  Because those emails appear to be pertinent to our investigation, I agreed that we should take appropriate steps to obtain and review them.

Of course, we don’t ordinarily tell Congress about ongoing investigations, but here I feel an obligation to do so given that I testified repeatedly in recent months that our investigation was completed. I also think it would be misleading to the American people were we not to supplement the record.  At the same time, however, given that we don’t know the significance of this newly discovered collection of emails, I don’t want to create a misleading impression.  In trying to strike that balance, in a brief letter and in the middle of an election season, there is significant risk of being misunderstood, but I wanted you to hear directly from me about it.

Jim Comey

According to the Washington Post, this is an e-mail that Commey sent internally to "all".

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Advance35 said:

To all:

This morning I sent a letter to Congress in connection with the Secretary Clinton email investigation.  Yesterday, the investigative team briefed me on their recommendation with respect to seeking access to emails that have recently been found in an unrelated case.  Because those emails appear to be pertinent to our investigation, I agreed that we should take appropriate steps to obtain and review them.

Of course, we don’t ordinarily tell Congress about ongoing investigations, but here I feel an obligation to do so given that I testified repeatedly in recent months that our investigation was completed. I also think it would be misleading to the American people were we not to supplement the record.  At the same time, however, given that we don’t know the significance of this newly discovered collection of emails, I don’t want to create a misleading impression.  In trying to strike that balance, in a brief letter and in the middle of an election season, there is significant risk of being misunderstood, but I wanted you to hear directly from me about it.

Jim Comey

According to the Washington Post, this is an e-mail that Commey sent internally to "all".

Thanks! I just heard Lawrence O'D read it but it's nice to see it in print. Especially this part: "..given that we don’t know the significance of this newly discovered collection of emails, I don’t want to create a misleading impression.  In trying to strike that balance, in a brief letter and in the middle of an election season, there is significant risk of being misunderstood...."

Yes, indeed. And unlike L'OD I think he did NOT strike that balance. Maybe instead of sending a letter to the Republican committee chair that he could leak to the press, Comey could have read a statement--more carefully worded to accurately reflect that they don't KNOW yet if any of the email are important!  Instead, he EXACTLY created a misleading impression 10 days before the election.

Personally, I don't think it was just CYA. He's not new to this and has writers around him. I think it is CLEARLY intended to influence the election--to me, there's no other excuse for the way he expressed himself to a man he knew was a HUGELY partisan politician.

Maybe he's tired (esp as a Republican) of months of being bashed by Trump and others and wanted to show himself as not in HRC's camp after all. Whatever. It's disgraceful.

• Love 18

Comey is full of shit, yes he could have waited till 11/9 to make his statement.  If Hillary committed a criminal act then she would have been impeached, end of story. 

He fucked up the minute he gave that initial conference and instead of just issuing a statement that there was no evidence to convict and leaving it at that, he goes on to slap her hand in public and give his opinion that she was careless, please. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 19

It's a Giant Nothingburger, it absolutely kills me because its all innuendo. The emails weren't from her server, they weren't sent by her, and they don't know if they're even relevant to the previous investigation.

I just hope that it doesn't flip the election.

• Love 17

I was grabbing a bite to eat in a pizza place this evening and Fox News was on. They were practically salivating over the "new" scandal. Oh my lord, I thought the Fox idiots were all going to burst they were so excited. What else is she hiding? This just proves she's corrupt! UGH!!!
I really can't believe even media sites I consider trustworthy were going with this "reopening the investigation" line. They seem to have walked it back now, but it's too late. It's already out there.

• Love 11

Anthony Weiner.  Another white man with self control issues brings grief to Hillary. 

Why did they grab Huma's computer if it's her husband who is under investigation? Unless Weiner used her laptop.  Of course he did. What a "insert vile curse  word"

I am going to weep when Obama leaves.

If Hillary even gets elected at this point - it will be four years of investigation and congress gridlock.

Although to be fair if any Democratic won the presidency - congress would be gridlocked.

Edited by Macbeth
  • Love 14

Hmmmmmmmmm

I don't know much about Rick Wilson but he seem's legit.   Could we be in for yet another plot twist?   I hope. I hope. I hope.  Goes on to say "timing and targeting matters".   We will see.   I've now reached the nihilism phase of this whole election Cycle.  I am going to gleefully vote for Clinton on November 8th BUT I want the entire thing DESTROYED.   Trump, Prominent RNC members.   Level the whole thing.   So I can watch from home and sip a glass of wine like Cersei Lannister.

• Love 16

If we get stuck with him because of this I hope everyone who voted for him spends the next four years kicking their own ass. Hard.

Edit: Oh sorry I guess I'm in the Hillary forum. Same sentiment though.

Edited by random chance
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Advance35 said:

Hmmmmmmmmm

I don't know much about Rick Wilson but he seem's legit.   Could we be in for yet another plot twist?   I hope. I hope. I hope.  Goes on to say "timing and targeting matters".   We will see.   I've now reached the nihilism phase of this whole election Cycle.  I am going to gleefully vote for Clinton on November 8th BUT I want the entire thing DESTROYED.   Trump, Prominent RNC members.   Level the whole thing.   So I can watch from home and sip a glass of wine like Cersei Lannister.

I'm confused. I'd never heard of him, and I Google and he's a republican strategist. Does his comment mean there's more bad for Clinton coming?

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Keepitmoving said:

Comey is full of shit, yes he could have waited till 11/9 to make his statement.  If Hillary committed a criminal act then she would have been impeached, end of story. 

He fucked up the minute he gave that initial conference and instead of just issuing a statement that there was no evidence to convict and leaving it at that, he goes on to slap her hand in public and give his opinion that she was careless, please. 

I've read opinions that the problem began with Bill Clinton himself and that impromptu meeting with Loretta Lynch on the tarmac, the direct result of which put Comey in the position to be the one handling this rather than Lynch.    I am seeing repeated examples of very bad judgment on Bill's part, from the Lewinsky scandal, to the tarmac meeting, to his stupid, stupid remarks about Obamacare.

• Love 6

I'm confused. I'd never heard of him, and I Google and he's a republican strategist. Does his comment ,ean there's more bad for Clinton coming?

No.  That's what raises my eyebrows.  It is supposedly in reference to The Big Orange himself.   I've known the Republican Party has been dealing with division but I guess some "Never Trump's" really mean it.   He basically says hang onto our hats because the last stretch of this whole thing is going to be "Bonkers."

I've read opinions that the problem began with Bill Clinton himself and that impromptu meeting with Loretta Lynch on the tarmac, the direct result of which put Comey in the position to be the one handling this rather than Lynch.    I am seeing repeated examples of very bad judgment on Bill's part, from the Lewinsky scandal, to the tarmac meeting, to his stupid, stupid remarks about Obamacare.

Was there anyone that doubted she is the brains of the outfit. LMAO.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Advance35 said:

Hmmmmmmmmm

Rick Wilson has been teasing about an impending 'October Surprise' for several weeks. I really want to believe he isn't bullshiting but I'm getting skeptical day by day. I wonder though if Hillary's camp expected 'I don't rent to the N-word' would make a bigger noise, as it would've been the case for any other candidate.

1 hour ago, Pixel said:

I'm confused. I'd never heard of him, and I Google and he's a republican strategist. Does his comment mean there's more bad for Clinton coming?

AFAIK, something bad for DJT, supposedly more damaging than the Access Hollywood tape.
He's for Evan McMullin. If I'm not mistaken the M letter in his Twitter profile pic means a McMullin supporter.

Edited by sum
Evan McMullin, not Eric McMillan!
  • Love 2

Rick Wilson has been talking about an impending 'October Surprise' for several weeks. I really want to believe he isn't bullshiting but I'm getting skeptical day by day. I wonder though if Hillary's camp expected 'I don't rent to the N-word' would make a bigger noise, as it would've been the case for any other candidate.

I had seen Liz Mair tweet about it before but I didn't know what to think.   And she referenced "two" stories.   Funnily enough, Rachel Maddow did a story about how in 92 the defining October Surprise came 4 days before Election day.   Like I said, I'm hoping this is a true bombshell.   One way or another we will know soon.

• Love 3

I'm so sick of Trump and his disgusting supporters. I can't even pretend to "go high" anymore. I made the mistake of turning to the Kelly File, just curious. Big mistake. She was talking about how her 5 and 7 year olds asked,"So is Clinton going to prison? What would happen if she wins but then has to go to jail?" Kelly's comment: "That's the conversation we're having now, even little children." Blech.

So much for trying to get the facts out--that it's Huma's laptop shared with (I hate you) Anthony Weiner. According to someone on MSNBC she transferred email from HRCs server to the home laptop to print them out--thousands of them. That may not be true (hope not, you moron! Ever hear of a flash drive?) but Comey knows exactly what he's doing--giving Trump an advantage, giving him support for all the hateful "Hillary belongs in prison" things he says all the time. Disgraceful.

Anyway, I did like that on Politico, a former DOJ spokesman< Matt Miller, blasted Comey for referencing back to July where his press conference “flagrantly violated DOJ rules”, He said “you don't comment on ongoing investigations,” he added. “Then multiply that times ten close to an election.”

"Comey’s behavior has been especially suspect, because the bureau is “undoubtedly” investigating any connection between Russian hacking into the email accounts of powerful U.S. political figures and the Trump campaign, but has rightly refused to publicly confirm whether or not an investigation is underway.

“Comey refused to even tell Congress if FBI was investigating Trump camp for Russia hack, but regular updates on Clinton are apparently A-ok,” Miller wrote, adding “they shouldn't be commenting on investigations! But that should apply to all. Instead Clinton consistently treated differently/worse.”

The only positive thing I could say is maybe it will backfire on Comey. Also, for those of us who admire HRC and her ability to hold her head high and just keep going......she's amazing.  Given what she is up against, I really do feel proud to cast my vote tomorrow--and feel that it is the most meaningful one I've ever made. Maybe its melodramatic to say it, but this vorte is  a genuine statement of good over evil. as far as I'm concerned. 

Maybe we'll see more big name Republicans stepping up to say the same, now, when she really really needs them..

I've seen Rick Wilson a lot on MSNBC but never heard him say anything like an October Surprise. He's the real deal--a Rep. strategist who HATES Trump. Now I'm hopeful he really might know something....

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Macbeth said:

Anthony Weiner.  Another white man with self control issues brings grief to Hillary. 

Why did they grab Huma's computer if it's her husband who is under investigation? Unless Weiner used her laptop.  Of course he did. What a "insert vile curse  word"

I am going to weep when Obama leaves.

If Hillary even gets elected at this point - it will be four years of investigation and congress gridlock.

Although to be fair if any Democratic won the presidency - congress would be gridlocked.

This is exactly what I fear -- if Hillary wins, the Republicans will spend the next four years being "The Party of No," as they have done for the past eight years with Obama. Instead of being bipartisan and trying to work for the benefit of the American people, they will continue being vengeful, thinking only of how they can destroy the Democrats.

About Huma, after reading several articles about this investigation, I understand that the laptop was hers, issued to her by the State Department. She took it home, and she allowed Anthony to use it. Horrible mistake! She should have password-protected it and emphasized to him that it was her work computer, off limits to his grimy fingers. She already had ample evidence that he had a habit of going online to sext random women and girls.  Also, I'm pretty sure Anthony had a computer of his own; it's not like Huma would have been depriving poor lil' disgraced husband of Internet access if she wouldn't let him use her laptop. He had his smartphone too. So I think Huma should share some of the blame here.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, sum said:

AFAIK, something bad for DJT, supposedly more damaging than the Access Hollywood tape.

Well, it better be in hi-def video, because there's already something more damaging than the jocular "I'm such a bad, bad boy" pussy grabber tape--for fuck's sake, the man has had to schedule his RAPE TRIAL so it doesn't interfere with Election Day or Inauguration Day! 

Daily news coverage:  zero.

Ask 100 people whether they know more about Trump's rape trial or Hillary's criminal email agenda and 96 of them will say, "Well, I know she . . . . . .wait, what?  Rape trial?!  What on earth are you babbling about?"

It's all just such an unfathomable clusterfuck.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, candall said:

It's all just such an unfathomable clusterfuck.

Oh, yeah, it's a clusterfuck all right, but unfortunately it's been inevitable for a long time that we would eventually get not specifically here with Drumpf necessarily but to a similar place of pure political hell.  This writer, Heather Cox Richardson, nails what happened, I mean step-by-step-by-step.  

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/how-did-monster-get-created-decades-gop-lies-brought-us-donald-trump

I think the first instance of it in my lifetime was the theft of the 2000 election and a full half of the country was enraged, in a blind fury, for what had been done to us with the illegal selection of Chimpy McCokeSpoon by the Supreme Court because the voter suppression done by Governor Jeb and the vile and vain secretary of state Katharine Harris and the thousands of old Jews in Palm Beach County because of the infamous butterfly ballot ended up voting for Nazi Pat Buchanan made Florida close enough for the Bush Crime Family(TM) to steal the election.  After that odious ruling, all of a sudden it was verboten to discuss what had happened.  The media barely showed the ex-governor's limo being egged on the way to the White House.  We were told to move on, get over it, stop being sore losermen, we won, you lost, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah.  

Reality has been separated or divorced from politics.  One has nothing to do with the other.  Trump voters don't believe anything from outside of their fact-free bubble, so they can be convinced of anything, the sky is green, I mean anything.  That's why nothing sticks to Drumpf.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 12

Rick Wilson has been promising another major surprise (since he is very anti-Trump, I assume it is about Trump) for weeks.   When the Access Hollywood tape was released he talked about it then implying there was something worse to come out and I've seen him say it multiple times since then.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Advance35 said:

I had seen Liz Mair tweet about it before but I didn't know what to think.   And she referenced "two" stories.   Funnily enough, Rachel Maddow did a story about how in 92 the defining October Surprise came 4 days before Election day.   Like I said, I'm hoping this is a true bombshell.   One way or another we will know soon.

This isn't supposed to be Spy Vs. Spy.    I feel like I'm watching an episode of Black Mirror in real time.    All of this, all of it, no matter from which side, is wrong and a cancer in our society.   We elect candidates because they have a vision for the future, a plan to lead us from bitter times to sweet.   It's not a game of "Gotcha!"   This "October Surprise" ballyhoo is every bit as reprehensible as the media feasting on the corpse of the hacked Wikileaks material.   

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, millennium said:

This isn't supposed to be Spy Vs. Spy.    I feel like I'm watching an episode of Black Mirror in real time.    All of this, all of it, no matter from which side, is wrong and a cancer in our society.   We elect candidates because they have a vision for the future, a plan to lead us from bitter times to sweet.   It's not a game of "Gotcha!"   This "October Surprise" ballyhoo is every bit as reprehensible as the media feasting on the corpse of the hacked Wikileaks material.   

This is why I'm imposing a TV news blackout this weekend. I just can't stand it. 

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, Grommet said:

This is why I'm imposing a TV news blackout this weekend. I just can't stand it. 

Seriously. I have had to channel my anxiety into action. Just dipping back into "real life," of family, friends, etc, wasn't enough. My stress level rose enough yesterday that I had to do something concrete. I've been making calls for the campaign, and since I've been only calling supporters (you can choose the kinds of calls you make), the email bullshit didn't make that harder. I signed up for a few more phonebanking shifts, did a bit more from home, donated again, and today, husband and I are going to the grocery store to buy snacks and bring them to a few local campaign offices (I emailed yesterday to offer and see where they're wanted/needed). So, today, between making calls and having some actual fun, I'll be buying heaps of snacks. Suggestions? Cheetos yes or no?

• Love 17

It was more anger from me.   I've never really agree with the majority of Republican ideas but this is the first cycle where I've been of age, and realized just how Odious a majority of them are.   They actually make my skin crawl.   Again when one get's down to it, it really is nonsense.

This isn't supposed to be Spy Vs. Spy.    I feel like I'm watching an episode of Black Mirror in real time.    All of this, all of it, no matter from which side, is wrong and a cancer in our society.   We elect candidates because they have a vision for the future, a plan to lead us from bitter times to sweet.   It's not a game of "Gotcha!"   This "October Surprise" ballyhoo is every bit as reprehensible as the media feasting on the corpse of the hacked Wikileaks material.   

Agreed.  And I hope one day we get to that point, though I think Trump and the RNC have set that back a ways.   And the Media IS to blame for a lot of this.   Again when this cycle is through, so am I.   Though I won't be watching too much this weekend.   I have the gist of the e-mail regurgitation which COULD be DUPLICATES for the love of god. *Shakes head*   I know many have complained about HRC not being aggressive enough against Trump BUT I think when she has, it's always been very strategic and very effective.  

As for gridlock on the hill, if Hillary gets in (PLEASE GOD, I just got back from Mass) I see one or two things happening, her trying for a certain amount of time to take advantage of the Republican splinter OR her spending the years undoing them and making it possible for whomever follows her to get things done.   I truly believe HRC is as cunning as purported, I think she's had to be.   I think it may be tighter then we hoped but I do think HRC stands a VERY good chance.    

I think her tapping into the hispanic vote has been very good for HRC.  Apparently she had a very successful turn on a popular Univision show.  I think a lot of women DO recognize what is at stake and even some who don't particularly care for her say they WILL hold their nose.   I also think the Utah situation with Eric McMullan HURTS Trump.   

Please get here November 9th.

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, Advance35 said:

Apparently she had a very successful turn on a popular Univision show.  

Literally. 

(Have you the video of her dancing on the show? It's here somewhere, but if you haven't, I'll find it when I get home) 

• Love 3

Hmmmmmmmmm 

I don't know much about Rick Wilson but he seem's legit.

I've been following Rick Wilson for quite some time. He sometimes appears on Lawrence O'Donnell's show in his role as a GOP strategist. He's a sane Republican who has been strongly anti-Trump since the beginning. I think he's the campaign chair (or somehow otherwise involved) for Evan McMullin, a Republican third-party candidate who's on the ballot in a bunch of states and is currently, or was, in the lead in Utah. Though I don't agree with his core political beliefs, Wilson come across as a Republican who supports his party's basic principles but cannot abide the Trump hijacking. 

That said, I'm not sure anything else is gonna drop or that anyone, at this point, will care. There's enough oppo out there now on Trump that would have sunk a normal, sane candidate twenty times over. Romney's "47%" crack looks benign these days. 

2 hours ago, 33kaitykaity said:

I think the first instance of it in my lifetime was the theft of the 2000 election and a full half of the country was enraged, in a blind fury, for what had been done to us with the illegal selection of Chimpy McCokeSpoon by the Supreme Court because the voter suppression done by Governor Jeb... We were told to move on, get over it, stop being sore losermen, we won, you lost, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah.  

Reality has been separated or divorced from politics.  One has nothing to do with the other.  Trump voters don't believe anything from outside of their fact-free bubble, so they can be convinced of anything, the sky is green, I mean anything.  That's why nothing sticks to Drumpf.  

Actually the 2006 election was stolen too.  "What went wrong in Ohio" is the official record of testimony taken by the democratic members and staff of the House Judiciary Committee - presided over by Rep. John Conyers.  For example in Ohio there were  voting machine lock downs preventing observation of ballot counts which is illegal.  Many things went wrong in Ohio.  There was surprise that Bush won as Kerry was up in the polls.  Imagine if he had won.  Especially with Hurricane Katrina.   Conyers had to have the information published in a book as no newspaper would cover it.

• Love 5

That said, I'm not sure anything else is gonna drop or that anyone, at this point, will care. There's enough oppo out there now on Trump that would have sunk a normal, sane candidate twenty times over. Romney's "47%" crack looks benign these days. 

I do think certain things do still have an effect.  I certainly can't see the future but, regardless of this race, if there is something I should know, even if for my own knowledge, than it should be brought into the light of day.   AND I believe the majority of voting does happen on November 8th (I believe).     And again some things have SERIOUSLY hurt Trump.  I've reached a point where, if it drops, YAY!!!!! It's something I will talk about to everyone and mention, if it doesn't I'm voting for HRC anyway because he's deranged and infantile.

When he loses (Please Please Please) that's it right?  The monster wouldn't be able to run against HRC at age 74 would he?

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Tim Kaine is a complete nonentity.  He doesn't even register on my radar as somebody I would be interested in.

If Trump and Pence are supposed to be "exciting," then give me boring anyday.  Kaine is running as the Vice president, not the Entertainer Of the Year. 

Re this latest so-called "scandal," to quote the late, great Bernie Mac, "This is some bullshit." Not just bullshit-it is, to quote me, "deep-fried fuckery." Once again, Hillary is being forced to pay for yet another man's-or rather, boy's mistakes, this time the aptly-named Anthony Weiner. If Weiner had kept his weiner in his pants-or at least off the internet-then this shit probably wouldn't be happening in the first place. Huma Abedin should have kicked his sleazy ass to the curb like the trash he is a long time ago. 

As for how Hillary should campaign from now until Election day, I say if there are any more Trump-themed truth bombs to be dropped, then I say, to quote O-Ren Ishii in Kill Bill Vol. 1, "NOW'S THE FUCKING TIME!!"

To cheer my fellow Nasty Women and Bad Hombres up, here's a clip from Real Time With Bill Maher, in which Maher suggests that Hillary should embrace what is, according to Republicans, her inner super-villain:

"The Notorious HRC"

Edited by DollEyes
To add moral support
  • Love 18

The headlines they concoct on TV are ridiculous.

Stationary bike day at the gym this morning and above my my head is ABC's GMA Saturday edition.  "Weiner investigation led to Clinton".

Really?  Is that what the FBI's been looking for all this time?  Paul Ryan "it's about time".  I don't think  they had anything to look for and Ryan's just trying to save his ass.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Padma said:

I'm so sick of Trump and his disgusting supporters. I can't even pretend to "go high" anymore. I made the mistake of turning to the Kelly File, just curious. Big mistake. She was talking about how her 5 and 7 year olds asked,"So is Clinton going to prison? What would happen if she wins but then has to go to jail?" Kelly's comment: "That's the conversation we're having now, even little children." Blech.

I hope (but doubt) that her conversation with her children also included a discussion of what would happen if Trump wins and then goes to prison for raping a 13 year old (and I am betting that explaining rape to small children is a lot more uncomfortable than explaining that someone used the wrong server).

• Love 14

The news seems to have pivoted toward Comey now, so I guess that's good.  But I'm afraid the damage has been done.

My husband has blogged about polling for DailyKos in the past, and he's telling me over and over that she's got this and to stop looking at them.  I'm trying to believe him.

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, backformore said:

At this point, I don't care what is in Hillary's emails.

Unless, of course, the email contains Trump's tax returns.

Can't like this enough.  

Paul Ryan, can just STFU.  What a spineless weasel.

So basically there are emails that no one knows what have been said, nothing that HRC sent out herself?  It could've been Huma sending out her schedule, or saying here's the article I referenced - it could've been ANYTHING.  It could be one that was already reviewed.  Irresponsible of Comey to say shit about anything until he had a chance to review if it was material.  I wonder if the Trump Foundation made a contribution to Comey or the Orange Oaf promised him something.........

Not changing my vote one iota.  I think people are tired of hearing about those fucking emails.  Government servers have been hacked, business servers have been hacked.  There is no perfect system to prevent it.  Was there anything proven that the emails were hacked or any damage done to US security?  Nothing that I saw.  It's all a bunch of BS, just a diversion away from how horribly under qualified the Orange Oaf and his little silver man are for the highest offices in the land.

• Love 20

As I posted on the DJT thread, I don't understand (among other things) why the FBI didn't already know Huma used this computer.  It seems to me that if one is searching the email accounts of people who work closely with  Hillary, the first question asked should be "where are all the devices you used for email purposes?"

Most likely these have all been read by the FBI already.  Whether I send (or delete) an email from my phone or from my computer, as long as I use the same account it will be on both devices.

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, needschocolate said:

I hope (but doubt) that her conversation with her children also included a discussion of what would happen if Trump wins and then goes to prison for raping a 13 year old (and I am betting that explaining rape to small children is a lot more uncomfortable than explaining that someone used the wrong server).

It's only a civil lawsuit, though, not a criminal investigation.  Which bothers the hell out of me.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

I think people are tired of hearing about those fucking emails.

And I think Bernie covered this nicely in one of the debates. ENOUGH ALREADY. It's like a freak show at Coney Island -- you're promised a two-headed baby but when you get inside, it's just a couple of little people with their heads taped together. You were lied to and ripped off and yet you can still talk about seeing the "two-headed baby." I've been promised a scandal, I didn't get one, and yet some barker keeps telling me to come back inside. 

My husband has blogged about polling for DailyKos in the past, and he's telling me over and over that she's got this and to stop looking at them.  I'm trying to believe him.

That's what Ive been told.  But I won't relax until November 9th.   It's Pence that I truly fear.  Trump would probably be impeached before Easter but Pence, he's not a stupid snake.   Someone was telling me Clinton's going to win despite this sabotage and I thank god for it and still pray for it.   The Orange One and his racist crushed.

Edited by Advance35
  • Love 12

I have a couple of questions about this. So, the FBI already knew that Huma worked for both the CFF and for Hillary as SOS, right? And that Huma accessed and read all of Hillary's email, editing some for her (?), printing some out for her, shortening and forwarding some, etc.

If she did that, it already seems unsecured, doesn't it? And yet apparently there wasn't a problem. IF this laptop was Huma's issued by State D. why would she let her d-bag husband share it?  Knowing what he does, where he goes, online--which is anything but secure?

If she had something to hide, why not have already deleted that email (or did she, and the FBI found them anyway)? If she didn't get rid of the laptop a couple of years ago--to hide the "incriminating evidence"--then why does she still have it now? Why didn't the FBI already know about it? It seems a complete no-brainer to VERY carefully investigate Huma.

I don't believe Hillary knows much about technology, as Comey told Congress. I've always thought the idiotic and weird idea to have a private server for her work related materials, etc. in their basement/bathroom came from Bill on advice from a tech-savvy friend.  And, assuming he knew more than she did about it, she went along with it when she should have said no.

Now if America's first possible woman president loses--if we all lose--it will be because of three stupid, arrogant and in different ways repellent, men. That's just....I don't know? Ironic? Depressing? Tragic? All of the above?

That said, it's possible Huma's in big trouble.

• Love 9