Type keyword(s) to search

Hillary Rodham Clinton: 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee

Hillary has released her medical records and I don't worry too much about her health (or STAMINA), except inasmuch as anything can happen to anybody. Not to be morbid, but the person who concerns me is Bill. He's looking kind of frail and slow-poky to me these days, with a bit of that oldster voice quaver.

(Not trying to be snotty: “The vocal folds are made up of muscle and collagen among other things. Just like other muscles thin out or atrophy with age, the vocal folds do as well,” says Gina Vess, a speech pathologist and director of the Clinical Voice Programs at Duke University Medical Center.")

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, lordonia said:

His execrable spawn! He's already floated the idea of making them cabinet members. Oy.

In passing, I kind of disagree with the accepted characterization of HRC as "ambitious".* To me, pure ambition connotes someone who is is driven to achieve for personal success. I certainly know HRC to be extraordinarily determined in her goals, but from her Wellesley commencement speech on, I believe her drive is for the common good, not for individual wealth or recognition or self-aggrandizement. (Not to belabor, but as expected, diametrically opposed to Trump's own drive.)

* I also resent the inference from her detractors that ambition by itself is a bad thing.

I think that, to her detractors, ambition is only bad in women.  

That reminds me of Pence's bizarre insistence on calling Hillary and Tim "career politicians" as some kind of slur during the VP debate.  1) Yeah, so they know how the system works and how to work in the system.  2) Is the man who has been running for office for nearly three decades slamming someone else for being a "career politician"?  I really wanted Kaine to ask him "how have you managed to maintain your amateur status for almost thirty years, Governor Pence?"

I get that there can be somewhat of a negative connotation about people who just park themselves in Congress and never leave (especially when they never do a damn thing there), but it's so weird to watch someone who has a similar career history to his opponent slamming that opponent for it, and it's ridiculous to pretend that both Hillary and Tim haven't done a lot of work to help people over the years.  

• Love 16
54 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

His execrable spawn! He's already floated the idea of making them cabinet members. Oy.

I'm pretty sure that since RFK was his brother's Attorney General, that was outlawed. 

Because otherwise, why not float Bill as SoS?

• Love 3

In Hillary's interview on The Breakfast Club, she's planning on sending him into the poorest places in this country to see what can be done to help.  It's sounds like he's going to be exiled.   Bill looks very old and worn out to me, but that might be the diet he's on. 
 I started a topic:

• Love 4

Oh, FFS, Comey just dropped some vague letter saying that in an unrelated investigation, he found some emails that may be related to Hillary's case.  He's investigating and cannot say how long the investigation will last or whether the emails will end up being significant.  Is someone covering his bases in case Cheetos actually takes power (since he's made it clear that Comey is on the chopping block if he does)?   I'd love to know what this unrelated investigation is.  And I'd bet he knows damn well already whether they're significant or not (I'm guessing not), but he's appeasing Chaffetz, Gowdy & Co by dumping this out there 10 days before the election.  

• Love 9

And, so it begins...the steady drip-drip about the emails on an unrelated case.

Meanwhile, the Justice Department doesn't have enough manpower to monitor the polls to ensure that folks aren't being intimidated.  Maybe the UN should send in some monitors instead.

• Love 11

I don't believe it.  I don't believe it.  I just don't believe it.   That son of a bitch.

If Hillary is SO connected and conniving I would think she would have these guy's balls in a vice.    Hail Mary sabatoge and yet another name to add to my, hope he burns in hell list.  It hasn't changed anything for me but DAMN HIM.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

And, so it begins...the steady drip-drip about the emails on an unrelated case.

Meanwhile, the Justice Department doesn't have enough manpower to monitor the polls to ensure that folks aren't being intimidated.  Maybe the UN should send in some monitors instead.

I don't think I could handle the level of irony if the unrelated investigation was into Assange hacking the system on Russia's behalf.  So we'd all be expected to be more indignant over whatever non-starter is likely in these emails than we are over the fact that they were discovered because the FBI had to investigate her opponent's coordinating with the Russian government to manipulate our electoral process.  

• Love 2

Can't some hacker somewhere get into Bannon's email and let us see some dirt on the OTHER side for a change? Every day it's so unfairly one-sided--Hillary hit by Russian intelligence hacks + Assange again and again, when we all KNOW that Trump is so full of hidden corruption.  I'd love to see a Manafort email with his contacts in Ukraine and Russia, for example, planning for the October Surprises.

Or a Bannon "strategy memo" with the alt.right.  I'm bored by Podesta's email already. Please give us something new and different!

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Padma said:

I'm bored by Podesta's email already. Please give us something new and different!

We can't tap out before we get Podesta's grandmother's recipe for her special Thanksgiving cranberries!  (2016 is really getting on my nerves.) 

• Love 8

Is someone covering his bases in case Cheetos actually takes power (since he's made it clear that Comey is on the chopping block if he does)?

I thought the FBI Director was independent. He wouldn't get to put Comey "on the block" just because he wanted to ... although I think Comey is a hack.

So ... why wasn't this in his letter?

Sam Stein ‏@samsteinhp 7m7 minutes ago
Pete Williams has sources saying not about Clinton world w/holding emails. Not about Podesta emails. Not emails from Clinton.

Sam Stein ‏@samsteinhp 3m3 minutes ago
Pete Williams sources say in course of a separate investigation, FBI came across "a device." found emails there. but emails NOT from HRC

Edited by Nidratime
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Nidratime said:

I thought the FBI Director was independent. He wouldn't get to put Comey "on the block" just because he wanted to ... although I think Comey is a hack.

The FBI Director is appointed by the POTUS.  I believe he can be removed by either the POTUS or Congress.  

• Love 2

I think this election has shown me just how the Republican party works.  Schemes, Plots and Sabotage, to their own and to all outsiders.   I assume this is what was cooked up in that meeting/call Reince Preibus hosted a few days ago.   I assume every Republican had to cash in any favor their owed to pull this off but here we are.  If I were the DNC if I didn't have any hackers in my employ I would GET SOME and throw open every closet door in the RNC.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Bastet said:

I have my issues with Hillary, but her willingness to grab this political third rail in both hands and say, "Women should have the right to choose, period" is much appreciated.

Abortion rights is the fear issue of the Democrats, like gun rights is for the Republicans. Neither is being seriously threatened, but the parties would like you to believe that so that you'll give their candidates your vote.

Just now, LoneHaranguer said:

Abortion rights is the fear issue of the Democrats, like gun rights is for the Republicans. Neither is being seriously threatened, but the parties would like you to believe that so that you'll give their candidates your vote.

Abortion rights are under real threat.  

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-24/abortion-clinics-are-closing-at-a-record-pace

Abortion access in the U.S. has been vanishing at the fastest annual pace on record, propelled by Republican state lawmakers’ push to legislate the industry out of existence. Since 2011, at least 162 abortion providers have shut or stopped offering the procedure, while just 21 opened.

At no time since before 1973, when the U.S. Supreme Court legalized abortion, has a woman’s ability to terminate a pregnancy been more dependent on her zip code or financial resources to travel. The drop-off in providers—more than one every two weeks—occurred in 35 states, in both small towns and big cities that are home to more than 30 million women of reproductive age.

• Love 16

Of course I don't give a shit, I already voted and even if I hadn't I'd still be pulling the lever for Hillary. I don't care if the literally find bodies buried in her back yard. I want a democrat in that White House a way progressive one or moderate will do, but a democrat. If she gets locked up, that will still leave me with what I want in Tim Kaine, and I suggest for the next eleven days they campaign with this message LOL. Hey folks if I go up the river Tim Kaine will still be here to push through our platform, so keep pulling that lever for me. 

Comey is full of shit, he's been giving press conferences and shit, something that the FBI never does on cases. Now he's informing a right wing, biased congress what he's doing during the investigation, get the fuck out of here. It's called putting your foot on the scale of this election. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 21

Just want to add that it's worth pointing out that Comey's release doesn't even say that the emails they've discovered are hers.  Just that they've discovered some emails that may be related to the case, they don't know if they're significant, they don't know if they're classified, and they don't know how long it will take to assess them.  

• Love 9

The FBI letter sounded horribly (irresponsibly) vague to me.  What unrelated investigation?  If there's nothing to show that HRC was complicit in any criminal behavior then enough with this drip drip drip emailgate already. As far as I'm concerned as an outsider, it's a completely overblown issue when there are much more pressing ones that matter.   The worst thing that I can accuse HRC of is of being careless with her emails over a period of time when the laws governing the use of email was changing and nebulous, and she was far from the only one and yet no one else is getting crucified for it.  Lesson learned.  I do not see how this is anything approaching a disqualifier or indicative of some secret fatal flaw in her character or trustworthiness. 

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, madmaverick said:

The FBI letter sounded horribly (irresponsibly) vague to me.

Absolutely.  There is really nothing there, but he managed to make it sound like there is.  Supposedly, he's said that the investigation is not into Wikileaks and is not related to the Clinton Foundation.  So, really, what investigation could possibly turn up emails related to Hillary's server case?  This is going to end up being complete and utter bullshit.  

• Love 9

If anything, this election has taught me again that a whole lot of people don't care about the facts or the details.  It's about headlines and perception and (irrational) "feelings".  This perception of this is not going to play well.  It couldn't have come at a worst time.  HRC really needs more details or something else to change up the narrative fast. 

• Love 12

Of course I don't give a shit, I already voted and even if I hadn't I'd still be pulling the lever for Hillary. I don't care if the literally find bodies buried in her back yard. I want a democrat in that White House a way progressive one or moderate will do, but a democrat. If she gets locked up, that will still leave me with what I want in Tim Kaine, and I suggest for the next eleven days they campaign with this message LOL. Hey folks if I go up the river Tim Kaine will still be here to push through our platform, so keep pulling that lever for me. 

That's where I am.  Don't know what's in her e-mail and don't care.   If she went up the river, I'd hope that something would be uncovered that would send The RNC and this Comey up the river right along with her.   I am so DISGUSTED by this.   It certainly won't change how I'm voting on the 8th.  The FBI would make a calculated attempt to throw an election in favor of a would-be-dictator.

And come on, when is the DNC going to hit back.  Hit Back HARD and Nasty.

• Love 15

My nasty actions since hearing about this, and getting up to speed, momentarily (that it's nothing HRC withheld, that this may be nothing)are this:

Signed up for an additional shift to make nasty phone calls locally

Posted my nasty support to social media

Made a donation to the campaign, my nastiest (highest dollar) yet

Ordered a nasty pair of shoes (hate to be the stereotype, but I wanted the shoes and they make me feel better)

• Love 13

Yes - the FBI says "we are looking into emails" 

And trumps' response is that Hillary is a criminal beyond anything we have ever seen.  because having your emails looked into AGAIN, after not finding anything, is equal to criminal corruption.  right.

• Love 13

The FBI Director is appointed by the POTUS.  I believe he can be removed by either the POTUS or Congress.  

He can only be removed for cause or impeached by the Congress. You can't just remove him because you don't like him.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

And trumps' response is that Hillary is a criminal beyond anything we have ever seen.  because having your emails looked into AGAIN, after not finding anything, is equal to criminal corruption.  right.

Read the headline that Trump said it's bigger than Watergate. FFS! 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Nidratime said:

He can only be removed for cause or impeached by the Congress. You can't just remove him because you don't like him.

I'm sure Trump's "cause" would be that he "mishandled" this investigation and "compromised national security," or some such shit.  It might not be successful, but I'm betting Comey would rather not go through the hassle of the incoming POTUS being out for his job, especially when that incoming POTUS is known to be a petty, vindictive piece of shit who never lets a perceived slight go unanswered.  

• Love 3

Well supposedly, get this gang.

The FBI found 3 e-mails that "might" be relavent to the case. None of them were withheld by Hillary.   This is courtesy of Kurt Eichenwald.

FACEPLANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have NO words.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, OhSayNow said:

I feel sick. This is such a bullshit witch hunt, and it just makes me fucking angry. Too angry to type anything substantive . . . 

On a positive note, I voted today. 

Yay for voting! And I feel physically ill from this too. So completely reprehensible and irresponsible.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fbi-hillary-clinton-email-investigation_us_58138552e4b0990edc30cb36

Meanwhile, how about REAL security concerns--like a presidential candidate COLLUDING with a foreign government to influence the outcome of our election?  Who in our government is making sure Donald Trump (and Manafort, who's still there if not in the news) aren't collaborating with Russia in order to win this? 

Instead, we have to hear leaked rumors about vague email devices that aren't even Hillary's OR her mail!

• Love 16
Just now, Advance35 said:

Well supposedly, get this gang.

The FBI found 3 e-mails that "might" be relavent to the case. None of them were withheld by Hillary.   This is courtesy of Kurt Eichenwald.

FACEPLANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have NO words.

Meanwhile, her opponent's fraud and rape trials are both still set to open before the end of 2016... 

• Love 16

Just want to add that it's worth pointing out that Comey's release doesn't even say that the emails they've discovered are hers.  Just that they've discovered some emails that may be related to the case, they don't know if they're significant, they don't know if they're classified, and they don't know how long it will take to assess them.  

Yes, this is accurate. But why the fuck did this guy decide to issue a statement about it at all?! Investigate it and then issue a statement. I'm sorry but one week before the election and and here's some Republican asshole stirring the shitpot? That statement of his -- without all the follow up caveats -- is disturbing. 

UGH!!

Outrageous.

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

He's right.  Compared to scamming donors; raping 13-year-old girls; sexually assaulting women; and not paying taxes for at least a decade, yes--this is YUUGGE!

Thankfully, I am voting tomorrow and no one I know is sorry for their vote.  If anything, this angers quite a few people I know and they are more determined than ever NOT to vote for Putin's puppet.

• Love 14

So the director of the FBI issues some vague bullsh*t innuendo that can be exploited by Trump ten days before final votes are counted, while voting in on-going.

Even though he has NOTHING to add to any previous conclusions.

Well, at least I agree with Trump about something. It IS a crooked system. I'm very curious if someone turned the screws on (Republican) Comey somehow because this is outrageous.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fbi-hillary-clinton-email-investigation_us_58138552e4b0990edc30cb36

Edited by Padma
  • Love 13

OK, this Tweet seems to put things in a clearer context:

Are there partisan shenanigans still going on with Comey? I don't know. The whole thing is fucking awful. There is no "there" there. 

I wasn't familiar with the political background of the FBI Director, Comey.  Assumed he was politically neutral.  But am I wrong?  What the heck is he playing at?

OK, thanks for the clarification, GM.  But Comey could have made all that clear in his stupid letter!

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 6

He has to do it within a certain length of time? Couldn't wait ten days?

Hmmm. If its true they're looking into email found on a cell phone seized from Anthony Weiner/Huma Abedin that could be bad, couldn't it.  Especially considering how Weiner uses his phone in such a, let's say, "unsecured" way--and how Huma had access to both Hillary's email AND to everything for the CFF.

I don't feel well.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 6

Well, hopefully, the DNC will remember Patrick Duvall's speech at the 2012 convention--Grow a [fucking] backbone!  You all didn't come this far to have this election stolen by militia "oath keeper" groups, Bannon and a bunch of GOP punks in congress.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, scriggle said:

Jon Favreau Verified account ‏@jonfavs

After a DEFCON 1 freakout, we now know the emails in question were: 1) Not from Hillary 2) Not from her sever 3) Not from her investigation

The question is, will all three of these points be made ONLY by the journalist on MSNBC that air from 8-11 PM? 

Or will the rest of the media leave these points out and  keep saying this is explosive?

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 12

From the New York Times:

Federal law enforcement officials said Friday that the new emails uncovered in the closed investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server were discovered after the F.B.I.seized electronic devices belonging to Huma Abedin, a top aide to Mrs. Clinton, and her husband, Anthony Weiner.

The F.B.I. is investigating illicit text messages that Mr. Weiner sent to a 15-year-old girl in North Carolina. The bureau told Congress on Friday that it had uncovered new emails related to the Clinton case — one federal official said they numbered in the thousands — potentially reigniting an issue that has weighed on the presidential campaign and offering a lifeline to Donald J. Trump less than two weeks before the election.

Re: the bolding -- WTF WITH ANTHONY WEINER!?!?!?!! 

Quoth the Douchelord Supreme, Reince Preibus:

“The F.B.I.’s decision to reopen their criminal investigation into Hillary Clinton’s secret email server just 11 days before the election shows how serious this discovery must be,”

Yes, but that's apparently not what's happening! Fuck you. 

Is this election over yet?!?!? OMG. I wish I lived in an early voting state.

7 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

The question is, will all three of these points be made ONLY by the journalist on MSNBC that air from 8-11 PM? 

Or will the rest of the media leave these points out and  keep saying this is explosive?

The rest of the media will leave these points out and keep saying this is explosive.

I can't take it anymore!!!! 

And trump just keeps on "being" Trump" and yes, he can do whatever he wants.  But this BS is shouted from the rooftops.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Revlonred said:

I can't take it anymore!!!! 

Boo-The-Cutest-Dog-In-the-World.jpg

When they go low, we go high

This Comey story has me glad that Guantanamo is still available for Hillary to use for some of her enemies, but that would be low.  Comey is alleged to no longer be a GOP partisan, but it sure doesn't seem like it to me.   When HRC45 is elected, Comey should be fired for politicizing the FBI. 

• Love 14