Type keyword(s) to search

Hillary Rodham Clinton: 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee

2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

538 has Iowa, Arizona and Ohio all red in all three of its forecast methods today.  They've all three been getting bluer through the weeks, but they've now swung back to pinkish.

Damn. But we don't need them. Everyone says the one to look at is NC--and even then he only gets, at best, 266 unless he swings something that's blue, like NH.

Oh, and just because I can't stand Bill Clinton, a lot of this wouldn't have happened if he hadn't completely inappropriately (as anyone would know) visited with the AG on the tarmac while the JD was still investigating the case.  As usual, Hillary's biggest problems--legally, with credibility and ethics, whatever--originate with something HE says or does. He never learns.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 6

This won't affect Hillary voters, but my worry is that it gives ammunition to the people who think they're "both awful" and late breakers who might just stay home. And possibly fuel for anti-Hillary people who were also gonna just stay home because Trump looks like a loser anyway and now get out to vote for him instead (although that could have happened anyway- I was already worried that Republican voters would be coming home to him in the last week).

I'm just really annoyed that this could cut into the margin of victory. He needed to go down HARD, because he deserves to and also for the Senate and House races. This could affect downballot tickets, which is maddening.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

This won't affect Hillary voters, but my worry is that it gives ammunition to the people who think they're "both awful" and late breakers who might just stay home. And possibly fuel for anti-Hillary people who were also gonna just stay home because Trump looks like a loser anyway and now get out to vote for him instead (although that could have happened anyway- I was already worried that Republican voters would be coming home to him in the last week).

yes - I looked at my LinkedIn feed, and there are a bunch of people posting the original story about the emails, and people commenting on "it's time to take down the Clinton crime family".   It's freaking me out.  People are reading the headlines, and ignoring the rest of the story. 

Hillary has to live up to a much higher standard of behavior, even as far as never associating herself with anyone who isn't perfect, than Trump.  Just like women in other workplaces. 

• Love 14
17 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I was just saying tonight that we have three men in various sex-related scandals, and, somehow, it's all the one woman in the room's fault.  Bill's affairs?  Hillary's fault.  Trump is accused of sexual assault by a dozen or so women (and at least one child)?  Hillary put them up to it.  And now, somehow, she's going to have to share, with Huma, the heat for Wiener being a big old criminal pervert.   Sadly, this is not remotely surprising.  This is how we roll in this country.  I pray that, on 11/8, we see proof that there are more of us who don't roll like that.  Allowing the actual sexual assault perp to ascend to the White House because we're too busy stoning a woman for a few men's sexual behavior will lead us right to destruction on so many levels.  

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Hillary apparently has to suffer for her loyalty to Huma, whose husband needs to be literally castrated.  A few weeks ago, The New York Times' Public Editor was forced to respond to an outpouring of angry letters and comments the paper received when one of its writers wrote a column that somehow linked Wiener's latest fuck-up to the Clinton campaign.  What made it even worse was that the writer quoted the nectarine nightmare's comments on the matter.  Like, why was it important to quote a serial adulterer and a creep who admitted to sexually assaulting women?  And, why would Wiener's personal failings and Huma's decision to finally dump his ass have an impact on Hillary's campaign?  It had to be one of those most maddening and stupid articles I've ever read in the "newspaper of record."

I had no issue with Hillary keeping Huma in her employ for two reasons:  "Michelle" and "Bachman."  That bitch has been slandering poor Huma for years because of her name (She must be a Muslim terrorist or sympathizer!).  Huma's staying employed was a big "fuck you" to bigoted idiots like Bachman.  Now, I wonder if Huma will be given a high-profile job in the new administration.  That's why I also suggested elsewhere that during President Clinton's tenure as "first gentleman" that he sit his ass down, shut up, play with the grandchildren, walk the dog, and stay downwind.  Don't give your opinion about policy.  Don't even fix your mouth to imply that Hillary consults you about anything.  Put on a tuxedo for the state dinners and pose for photo-op.  Whether Hillary chooses to take 1 lover or 20 (not that she would), Bill--don't you say shit.  

It fascinates me that Clinton was such an effective campaigner for President Obama, but manages to hurt his wife's cause to the point where people have to rush in and clarify what he meant.  

• Love 18

For all those who are on the fence between the two I think they should tell themselves that Hillary is not perfect, Trump is not perfect, but Hillary is the lesser of two evils.

• Love 6

>wretch, gag<  I just came home and the dogs were all snoozed out in front of MSNBC, where they were showing Trump REVELING in "the fact" that they'd finally found the missing emails that Crooked Hillary had deleted or bleached or altered after she got subpoenaed.  This is it, folks, she's done, they've caught her.  I'm going to appoint a special prosecutor just for her blah blah blah.  (The crowd goes crazy with joy.)

Then, post-speech, the MSNBC woman asks the surrogate how Trump can possibly say all these inflammatory things based on three paragraphs specifically stating they don't yet know what's in the emails.  The surrogate says, "Well, CLEARLY they've found proof of serious wrongdoing or they wouldn't even bring it up nine days before the election."

I can't watch anymore.  It's all too horrible.  Maybe I'll go catch up on Wolf Creek.  It's less scary.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, candall said:

>wretch, gag<  I just came home and the dogs were all snoozed out in front of MSNBC, where they were showing Trump REVELING in "the fact" that they'd finally found the missing emails that Crooked Hillary had deleted or bleached or altered after she got subpoenaed.

Ah you mean the emails the subpoena, if people bothered to read it, clearly says aren't required?

• Love 8
19 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Thank you, I was going to respond exactly the same thing.  This isn't the same as gun control.  The NRA is intentionally misleading people about common sense gun laws and getting them all riled up that "Obama's coming for your guns!!"  The abortion thing is one hundred percent accurate.  Multiple GOP politicians have made it clear that they intend to see Roe v. Wade overturned.  Trump has said he'll appoint SC justices who will do just that.  

I was just saying tonight that we have three men in various sex-related scandals, and, somehow, it's all the one woman in the room's fault.  Bill's affairs?  Hillary's fault.  Trump is accused of sexual assault by a dozen or so women (and at least one child)?  Hillary put them up to it.  And now, somehow, she's going to have to share, with Huma, the heat for Wiener being a big old criminal pervert.   Sadly, this is not remotely surprising.  This is how we roll in this country.  I pray that, on 11/8, we see proof that there are more of us who don't roll like that.  Allowing the actual sexual assault perp to ascend to the White House because we're too busy stoning a woman for a few men's sexual behavior will lead us right to destruction on so many levels.  

To quote A Thousand Spendid Suns by Khlaed Hoesseini: " Like a compass needle that points north, a man's accusing finger always finds a woman." That quote has never made me feel sadder than it does now.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Kromm said:

Ah you mean the emails the subpoena, if people bothered to read it, clearly says aren't required?

Those be the ones.

Thanks to that pdf of the subpoena that you posted, I've been armed with my strongest anti-email argument.  And I've been happy I could whip it out and use it to shut down the Great Email Conspiracy chatter, whenever I've encountered it.

People say, "Really?  It's online?  It says that?  Only four?  Huh."

Good job, K.

Edited by candall
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, candall said:

Those be the ones.

Thanks to that pdf of the subpoena that you posted, I've been armed with my strongest anti-email argument.  And I've been happy I could whip it out and use it to shut down the Great Email Conspiracy chatter, whenever I've encountered it.

People say, "Really?  It's online?  It says that?  Only four?  Huh."

Good job, K.

It's tragic that it takes doing that.

I mean Clinton herself should continue to refer people to it, but apparently someone at some point on that campaign decided she shouldn't be. It makes no sense to me. It's all there, and all anyone has to do to shut this nonsense down completely is get the small admission that a Secretary of State probably deals with emails on far more than four topics (all of them quite restricted either chronologically, geographically, or both). 33K of her emails didn't deal with the country of Libya, the city of Benghazi, weapons entering or leaving those locations, or a specific set of directly related events (the attacks on US facilities in Benghazi) over a two day period?  Shocked. I'd expect it to be FAR more which didn't.

For those who don't want to flip a page or two back to see the link?

http://benghazi.house.gov/sites/republicans.benghazi.house.gov/files/Kendall.Clinton Subpoena - 2015.03.04.pdf

This is the so-called "magic bullet" against Clinton--that she didn't turn over emails she WASN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 6
(edited)

@candall, "People say, "Really?  It's online?  It says that?  Only four?  Huh."

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The right wing doesn't believe in fourth amendment rights, and Comey has violated HRC45's rights, and the rights of everyone connected to her.  This amendment is specifically meant to prevent fishing expeditions by government officials.

Edited by atomationage
more
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, starri said:

The news seems to have pivoted toward Comey now, so I guess that's good.  But I'm afraid the damage has been done.

My husband has blogged about polling for DailyKos in the past, and he's telling me over and over that she's got this and to stop looking at them.  I'm trying to believe him.

I keep going to 538 to check the number and reassure myself.  Looking at the electoral map like that, and, especially checking that "snake" graphic towards the bottom reassures me.  For Hillary to lose, pretty much every single swing state has to go wrong for her (or she'd somehow have to lose a traditionally Dem state).  It's not impossible, of course, but that's a huge hurdle for Trump to overcome.  Combined with the stories I've heard about registrations for minority and female voters being up in some swing states, it really helps make me feel reassured.  

6 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

And I think Bernie covered this nicely in one of the debates. ENOUGH ALREADY. It's like a freak show at Coney Island -- you're promised a two-headed baby but when you get inside, it's just a couple of little people with their heads taped together. You were lied to and ripped off and yet you can still talk about seeing the "two-headed baby." I've been promised a scandal, I didn't get one, and yet some barker keeps telling me to come back inside. 

As much as I was annoyed when this started yesterday, I just keep reminding myself that the only people who are really going to jump right to the "OMG, she's corrupt!" angle were likely already either voting for Trump or someone else (like Stein or Johnson).  I think that, in general, people who were still undecided are likely to continue paying attention as the full story unfolds, and they'll see it's nothing.  If they were easily pushed to being against her because of this, they'd already be against her because of the pre-existing email "scandal."  This release was tailor made to cater to the Trump supporters.  It may energize some of his supporters to vote, but they were likely doing it already. I don't think he has many supporters who were taking a pass on voting, especially in swing states.    

5 hours ago, Padma said:

Damn. But we don't need them. Everyone says the one to look at is NC--and even then he only gets, at best, 266 unless he swings something that's blue, like NH.

Oh, and just because I can't stand Bill Clinton, a lot of this wouldn't have happened if he hadn't completely inappropriately (as anyone would know) visited with the AG on the tarmac while the JD was still investigating the case.  As usual, Hillary's biggest problems--legally, with credibility and ethics, whatever--originate with something HE says or does. He never learns.

I've been referring to NC as my sleeper pick for Hillary for months.  People seem to think it's either a toss up or leaning Trump.  But, I think that they're going to have a more energized and motivated democratic voting base there this time.  They want McCrory out of there, so I'm thinking there will be a higher Dem voter turnout than usual in NC.  That can only benefit Hillary.  

2 hours ago, candall said:

>wretch, gag<  I just came home and the dogs were all snoozed out in front of MSNBC, where they were showing Trump REVELING in "the fact" that they'd finally found the missing emails that Crooked Hillary had deleted or bleached or altered after she got subpoenaed.  This is it, folks, she's done, they've caught her.  I'm going to appoint a special prosecutor just for her blah blah blah.  (The crowd goes crazy with joy.)

Then, post-speech, the MSNBC woman asks the surrogate how Trump can possibly say all these inflammatory things based on three paragraphs specifically stating they don't yet know what's in the emails.  The surrogate says, "Well, CLEARLY they've found proof of serious wrongdoing or they wouldn't even bring it up nine days before the election."

I can't watch anymore.  It's all too horrible.  Maybe I'll go catch up on Wolf Creek.  It's less scary.

If I was working for Hillary's campaign, I'd have a clip of Trump saying that, followed by a clip of him saying "that wouldn't have been true, but I would say it anyway," from the video of that speech in Australia that surfaced yesterday, and I'd be putting that out there.  Of course, I'd be using the hell out of that line in all sorts of ads if I was them.  It's his campaign in a nutshell.  I could easily see them doing something with that one quote similar to an ad that's currently running in Illinois against the Rauner led state GOP.  It shows clips of various terrible things Trump has said and done, and each one is followed by a clip of Rauner saying "I support the party's nominee."  So do something like that with Trump.  Put together clips of his various lies, and follow each one with "that wouldn't have been true, but I would say it anyway."  

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, auntl said:

If any average American applied for a job, and stated on their application that they were being investigated by the FBI, I think it's fair to assume that they wouldn't get the job.

I personally believe that where there's smoke there is fire. I am not so quick to assume that this FBI investigation is nothing.

The Presidency is average.  The Clintons are average.  FBI investigations born of political intrigue is average.  Yeah.  An account manager is being investigated by the FBI is IDENTICAL to Hillary Clinton being witch hunted because of Benghazi.  Same thing.  Sweet equivalence.  Go Trump.

• Love 16

The Presidency is average.  The Clintons are average.  FBI investigations born of political intrigue is average.  Yeah.  An account manager is being investigated by the FBI is IDENTICAL to Hillary Clinton being witch hunted because of Benghazi.  Same thing.  Sweet equivalence.  Go Trump.

Someone who invites cyber espionage against their own country, someone who is frequently 3 words away from sedition, someone who has a civil suite pending for the rape of a 13 year old girl, someone who's first campaign manager had to be fired for a dust up with a reporter, who's second campaign manager was fired for his compromising ties to a foreign power that has initiated cyber terror against the USA and a third campaign manager who is closely affiliated with White Supremacy and Alt-Right, someone who has a trial pending for a fraudulent university.  Check please!

It sounds like Hillary's assistant accessed e-mails from a laptop and was mistaken enough to allow her pervert husband access to that.  Apparently the device wasn't Hillary's and Hillary wasn't e-mailing from it and she didn't conceal it in July.    

I do have some things that I disagree with Hillary on but I'd still rather take my chances with her.   And whatever may or may not be in those e-mails, this election is truly compromised.   This should have been brought to light AFTER the election, I firmly believe that.   

My faith in the FBI (a group I'd never given much thought to, just that they protect the US) is compromised, I'll always assume it's a political entity going forward.   And for me, this goes beyond Hillary.  I now wonder, CIA, hmph, Republican or Democrat?   And please accept my apologies if this came off as a rant, I've just given it a lot of thought.

I've been referring to NC as my sleeper pick for Hillary for months.  People seem to think it's either a toss up or leaning Trump.  But, I think that they're going to have a more energized and motivated democratic voting base there this time.  They want McCrory out of there, so I'm thinking there will be a higher Dem voter turnout than usual in NC.  That can only benefit Hillary.  

I'm totally crossing my fingers.  I know the RNC was really trying to push the voter suppression there, but from what I heard some additional polls have been opened.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, atomationage said:

@candall, "People say, "Really?  It's online?  It says that?  Only four?  Huh."

The right wing doesn't believe in fourth amendment rights, and Comey has violated HRC45's rights, and the rights of everyone connected to her.  This amendment is specifically meant to prevent fishing expeditions by government officials.

Come on now!  You know that for some people the Constitution starts and stops at the 2nd Amendment.  Some of them are so emboldened now that they want the 13th, 14th, 15th and 19th Amendments abolished.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Kromm said:

It's tragic that it takes doing that.

I mean Clinton herself should continue to refer people to it, but apparently someone at some point on that campaign decided she shouldn't be. It makes no sense to me. It's all there, and all anyone has to do to shut this nonsense down completely is get the small admission that a Secretary of State probably deals with emails on far more than four topics (all of them quite restricted either chronologically, geographically, or both). 33K of her emails didn't deal with the country of Libya, the city of Benghazi, weapons entering or leaving those locations, or a specific set of directly related events (the attacks on US facilities in Benghazi) over a two day period?  Shocked. I'd expect it to be FAR more which didn't.

For those who don't want to flip a page or two back to see the link?

http://benghazi.house.gov/sites/republicans.benghazi.house.gov/files/Kendall.Clinton Subpoena - 2015.03.04.pdf

This is the so-called "magic bullet" against Clinton--that she didn't turn over emails she WASN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO. 

Great point and thanks for the link. I didn't know that--it's one of the things Trump says all the time that I had no rebuttal for. Now I do! :)

Re: Comey.  So, it turns out, the FBI still doesn't have a WARRANT to get the Weiner laptop emails!  No one has seen them, accd to HuffPost!  To call Comey's actions "premature" is definitely too generous.  I believe he is actually corrupt.

I know he has a reputation for integrity, but he's served some fairly despicable people so I wonder. Also, even good people can go bad, with the right motivation. It happens all the time. Personally, although I have only this to go by, I believe it has already happened to him.

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, Padma said:

So, it turns out, the FBI still doesn't have a WARRANT to get the Weiner laptop emails!

no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized

So what is Comey's probable cause?  These are people that I want to harass, and I don't care about the Constitution.  Fire him Loretta!

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Advance35 said:

That's what Ive been told.  But I won't relax until November 9th.   It's Pence that I truly fear.  Trump would probably be impeached before Easter but Pence, he's not a stupid snake.   Someone was telling me Clinton's going to win despite this sabotage and I thank god for it and still pray for it.   The Orange One and his racist crushed.

First I have to say - I just discovered this place today and I'm going NUTS connecting with all of you.  I'm mentally running around like the proverbial headless chicken trying to read all your posts!  I feel like I've come home.  Whew.  --  That being said, one of the talking heads (probably on MSNBC, since that's my go-to) said that initially tRump's people had approached Kasich for the VP slot, telling him that he'd virtually be the president, as Donny basically wanted nothing to do with it; only wanted to fly around the country giving his "speeches".  So, yeah, Pence definitely is to be feared, given his agenda. ----  There's early voting here in MA for the first time and I'll probably be doing that; I'm just too antsy to wait until Nov. 8. 

6 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Hillary apparently has to suffer for her loyalty to Huma, whose husband needs to be literally castrated.  A few weeks ago, The New York Times' Public Editor was forced to respond to an outpouring of angry letters and comments the paper received when one of its writers wrote a column that somehow linked Wiener's latest fuck-up to the Clinton campaign.  What made it even worse was that the writer quoted the nectarine nightmare's comments on the matter.  Like, why was it important to quote a serial adulterer and a creep who admitted to sexually assaulting women?  And, why would Wiener's personal failings and Huma's decision to finally dump his ass have an impact on Hillary's campaign?  It had to be one of those most maddening and stupid articles I've ever read in the "newspaper of record."

I had no issue with Hillary keeping Huma in her employ for two reasons:  "Michelle" and "Bachman."  That bitch has been slandering poor Huma for years because of her name (She must be a Muslim terrorist or sympathizer!).  Huma's staying employed was a big "fuck you" to bigoted idiots like Bachman.  Now, I wonder if Huma will be given a high-profile job in the new administration.  That's why I also suggested elsewhere that during President Clinton's tenure as "first gentleman" that he sit his ass down, shut up, play with the grandchildren, walk the dog, and stay downwind.  Don't give your opinion about policy.  Don't even fix your mouth to imply that Hillary consults you about anything.  Put on a tuxedo for the state dinners and pose for photo-op.  Whether Hillary chooses to take 1 lover or 20 (not that she would), Bill--don't you say shit.  

It fascinates me that Clinton was such an effective campaigner for President Obama, but manages to hurt his wife's cause to the point where people have to rush in and clarify what he meant.  

Yes! to absolutely everything you said. 

• Love 12

What irks me about this whole thing is Obama picked Comey which makes this another one of his horrible decisions- Rahm, Arne Duncan and Tim Geithner are the other three.

Why oh why does Obama have blinders on when it comes to certain people??? Comey needs to resign on Monday. This witch hunt against the Clinton's has to stop.

For those asking, there's a really good reason why the Clinton's had a private server after what happened in the 90s. Also, remember that every email platform, both governmental and private businesses, has been hacked by one group or another.

I would highly recommend people check out Hal Sparks' radio show on Saturday's from 11am to 1pm central on Chicago's Progressive Talk. He's a tech geek as well as a liberal and actor, musician and comedian. He explained this very succinctly on his show today.

Edited by maraleia
  • Love 10

Yeah, I hope Hillary appoints Democrats only to all these positions. I know Obama wants to be nice and all, but these guys have just proven themselves partisan hacks at every turn. She shouldn't have to put up with this shit.

• Love 17

I know he has a reputation for integrity, but he's served some fairly despicable people so I wonder. 

This is the problem, and I don't buy it. I'm tired of hearing about his integrity, not to say that he lacks it, but bottom line, he's in the bubble like the rest of them. It's a nasty arena and no one is going to survive being some boy or girl scout, give me a break.  I get a vibe from him that he's not as sleazy as the Tea Party players, but he's no boy scout. Someone referred to him as a boy scout and I rolled my eyes. 

Look, all I want to know is that none of my politicians are evil enough to poison my water, take money out of the mouths or for the care of sick children, or devise an evil plan to systematically exterminate groups of people. So every congressman who is sitting on the bill or funds to help the people of Flint, MI well, that's the kind of evil I want the hell out of DC.

Also every time I hear these dipshits talk about the American people needing to know, smoke  comes out my ears and I scream at the tv, Don't the American people have the right to fucking know what's in Trump's tax returns?! Don't they have a right to know that a case has been filed against him for raping a 13 year old girl?!  This story covered on my tv screen is what I feel I have a right to know about.

On an email note, why the hell was Huma sharing anything but unfortunately having to share her son with that sick fucker she married.  I mean didn't he start his bullshit not but a year into their marriage? If she was sharing a laptop with him after his first offense, then WTF Huma? He truly needed to be cut off from everything including the son he had laying next to him as he was sexting, good lord. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 14

If Democrats had intestinal fortitude, and had a totally biased news network on their side, they would attack Comey constantly.  Literally constantly.  They would investigate his wife's affairs, they would discover his childrens' drug use, they would disclose his college grades, they would parse and evaluate every word he's ever spoken and written.  And after 30 years, then it'll become close to the effort exerted on the Clintons.

• Love 15

They don't even have a warrant to access the emails on a laptop they've had in their possession for 5 weeks?! 

How can they even tell these emails might be pertinent to any case if they've never even seen them? 

I know some people think Comet is either an idiot or in severe CYA mode but, man I can't help but feel that this is some shady shit.

• Love 17
19 minutes ago, maraleia said:

What irks me about this whole thing is Obama picked Comey which makes this another one of his horrible decisions

As with the Supreme Court, he has to pick people that the GOP Senate will confirm.   His term is for ten years from 2013. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Advance35 said:

I'm totally crossing my fingers.  I know the RNC was really trying to push the voter suppression there, but from what I heard some additional polls have been opened.

I'm in Charlotte, NC. I voted today for Hillary (and Roy Cooper in the hope of getting Pat McCrory the hell out). Early voting was shortened by length of time overall and hours the polls are open per day, I believe.

• Love 9

I'm still fuming about Comey doing this. I would be more likely to give him the benefit of the doubt if (1) he had reason to think the email might be important re; Clinton (he didn't) and (2) he had written the letter to Congress with precise language that would explicitly preclude Trump exploiting it for political purposes (he didn't. I believe that choice was deliberate.)

Here's Michael Isikoff on not having the warrant: https://www.yahoo.com/news/comey-wrote-bombshell-letter-to-congress-before-fbi-had-reviewed-new-emails-220219586.html

• Love 8
5 hours ago, auntl said:

If any average American applied for a job, and stated on their application that they were being investigated by the FBI, I think it's fair to assume that they wouldn't get the job.

I personally believe that where there's smoke there is fire. I am not so quick to assume that this FBI investigation is nothing.

Hillary Clinton is not an average American, whether everyone likes that or not.

It doesn't mean she's above the law. But it means that she has enemies that have agendas above what anyone would have for you or I. The FBI Director, and whoever else leaned on him (the RNC maybe) care about her, in a negative way I mean, whereas "an average American" is well under their radar.

• Love 9

I don't even understand why Huma Abedin would need to forward emails to different addresses/devices to print them.  Are printers so few and far between at the State Department that employees need to do this?  I mean, you can buy a workhorse laser printer for less than $100.  Weird.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I don't even understand why Huma Abedin would need to forward emails to different addresses/devices to print them.  Are printers so few and far between at the State Department that employees need to do this?  I mean, you can buy a workhorse laser printer for less than $100.  Weird.

I dunno.  Then again this is all so vague. Comey apparently hasn't even SEEN the emails himself, so he doesn't even know!

And another thing. It just occurred to me that at least SOME of this Witch Hunt may not JUST be about Hillary Clinton, but also at least a little about Huma. Huma Mahmood Abedin. Guess what religion and ethnic background she is, and then think about why she might be especially targeted for nonsense investigations? 

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

It IS kind of weird. But I just assumed, based on how overworked political assistants can be, that she was too busy "at work" to print them out (possibly cutting and reformatting them for HRC) and that printing them later was a way of "taking work home". I wouldn't be surprised if its a 7 day-a-week job and the "boss" doesn't really realize how many hours you put in. That's so typical with political jobs.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

First I have to say - I just discovered this place today and I'm going NUTS connecting with all of you.  I'm mentally running around like the proverbial headless chicken trying to read all your posts!  I feel like I've come home.  Whew.

I know!  Welcome.

I saw the point of PTV's ban on political discussion, but there's no one in my face-to-face world who wants to dig in deep and I couldn't get into the flow of the per-article reader comments on the dedicated political sites. 

I didn't even know how much pent-up rage and anxiety I was trying to keep contained until PTV gave us a place to express ourselves.  Thanks, @David T. Cole.  You've kept the top of my head from blowing off.

[ETA:   I just saw there's a new Election Anxiety Support thread. (18 hours/70 posts.)  I guess I need to drop in there for a glass of juice and a cookie.]

Edited by candall
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Padma said:

I don't believe Hillary knows much about technology, as Comey told Congress. I've always thought the idiotic and weird idea to have a private server for her work related materials, etc. in their basement/bathroom came from Bill on advice from a tech-savvy friend.  And, assuming he knew more than she did about it, she went along with it when she should have said no.

4 hours ago, maraleia said:

For those asking, there's a really good reason why the Clinton's had a private server after what happened in the 90s. Also, remember that every email platform, both governmental and private businesses, has been hacked by one group or another.

I would highly recommend people check out Hal Sparks' radio show on Saturday's from 11am to 1pm central on Chicago's Progressive Talk. He's a tech geek as well as a liberal and actor, musician and comedian. He explained this very succinctly on his show today.

I haven't listened to Hal Sparks' radio show but I've read and heard elsewhere that the private server was set up in the Clinton's basement on the advice of the Secret Service after they left the White House to keep the RWNJs and the crazed right wing out of his business and Foundation dealings. The SS didn't want him on a public server. I would bet big money that both Bush presidents also have private servers in their basements too as well as other retired political poohbahs like Cheney.

What slays me is the right wing talking point, that NEVER gets rebutted, that Clinton having a private server is unprecedented! Bullshit! George Bush and Karl Rove ran his administration on a private server located at the RNC and during their term, they lost/destroyed over 30 MILLION emails. That's why so many sleazy things the Republicans did during their reign couldn't be investigated and why none of them could be charged with war crimes - the evidence was gone. Clinton, instead of being the shady/secretive one, is the most transparent having turned over tens of thousands of emails plus having released tax returns both personal and Foundation related. I have to give the scummy Republicans credit though. They sure put the Democrats to shame when it comes to getting their lies and talking points out.

• Love 19

I support Hillary Clinton and I'm on the mailing list for the DNC so I get email daily asking for a donation. I received one today with a statement from John Podesta. I'll copy and paste it all here.

Forwarded message-----
Subject: A note re: Comey's letter and what’s next
Friend --
By now, you've probably heard some news about a bewildering letter sent to Congressional leaders by the Director of the FBI.
This is all a bit confusing, and much of the reporting has been misleading or downright inaccurate, so I want to take a minute to walk through this. Bear with me!
Here's the quick backstory: In July, FBI Director James Comey concluded a year-long investigation by deciding not to go forward with any case about Hillary's emails. It wasn't even a close call, he said. In his words, "no reasonable prosecutor" would have brought charges.
Yesterday, in a surprise to us all, Comey wrote a very strange letter to Congress that was long on innuendo and short on facts. He said that in a completely separate investigation, the FBI had found some emails that may or may not be related to Hillary, and indeed may or may not be significant at all.
It's since been reported that these emails may not have even been sent by or to Hillary; that they weren't withheld by Hillary or the campaign in the earlier investigation; and most or even all of them may be duplicates of emails already in the FBI's possession.
It's being reported that Comey sent this letter over the objections of Department of Justice officials who told him that it was inconsistent with longstanding policy of both Democratic and Republican administrations not to take action that might impact an election. It's an unprecedented intrusion into a close presidential election with 10 days until Election Day.
But by being vague and obfuscating, Comey opened the door to conspiracy theories, Republican attacks against Hillary, and a surge of fundraising for Trump and his team. So this bears repeating: There is no evidence of wrongdoing, no charge of wrongdoing, and no indication that any of this even involves Hillary.

Voters deserve answers.
Comey needs to come clean with the American people about what he found and answer all the questions about why he took this unprecedented step less than two weeks before the election.
Here's what this changes for you and this campaign: Absolutely nothing.
Trump has spent more than a year trying to bully his way to the presidency. He's been browbeating the FBI (indeed, many have speculated that Comey took this extraordinary action in part to reduce the pressure on his agency that Trump's campaign and his Republican Congressional allies has been building up), leading crowds in chants of "lock her up," and even saying Hillary should be in prison -- and if he won, he'd put her there.
The facts be damned -- Trump's always shown a complete disregard for the truth. In spite of there being no new information, he's already raising money off the bizarre letter (he literally sent a text message asking for money within an hour of the story breaking!) and he's more fired up than ever on the trail today.
These are the actions of a desperate man. Trump knows he can't win on his character, temperament, or his policies. He's behind, so he'll cling to whatever he can.
So, no, our strategy doesn't change. But our intensity needs to, because we can't let him get away with this.
Our organizers and volunteers on the ground are rallying behind Hillary in what will be the biggest volunteer weekend of the campaign so far. You need to get her back, too. You need to say you're not willing to let Trump bully or buy his way into the presidency, and you're not going to let anything stop us from making history.
There are ten days to go. Let's buckle down, stay focused, and win this:

Thanks,
John

John Podesta
Chair
Hillary for America

• Love 16

I guess I shouldn't be surprised how even some responsible journalists are conflating stories. Just heard Karen Tumulty calling the email situation and Wikileaks a Clinton "scandal." How is Wikileaks a Clinton scandal? The Russians and Wikileaks stole DNC emails and Clinton campaign emails. They were victims of a crime and somehow *they're* to blame? Especially when the Trump campaign is in cahoots with the Russians and seems to know what's in Wikileak emails before they're even released?!

• Love 17
50 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

Everything negative I hear or read about her, that has little to no merit, renews my determination to do everything in my power to see her succeed. Not just at becoming president, but giving her the support she needs to do the best possible job as president. I volunteer, I donate and I add my voice to social media in hopes of drowning out the noise. Most important is my vote. I want to see her succeed in life. Period. That her success is tied to mine as a citizen and a woman is just gravy. 

I have been fortunate enough to participate in nominating the first black and now women president. I will not do so passively. In the future when I tell my story, I want to tell them that was an active participant int these elections. 

Hillary will become the first female presidents in spite of a half the country. She will literally have fought her way into the ultimate ambitious position through obstacles not suited for the fainted of hearts. And she would have done so for decades. I love her as I could someone I don't personally know and have the outermost respect for her. She is a rarity and that is exactly why she would be the one breaking the glass ceiling for us.  

I am with her. Have been since 2008. Yes, even over Obama whom I proudly cast my vote after she was no longer an option. 

She will overcome everything they throw her way. I know this because she has overcome everything they've thrown her way. All hail, the queen! 

You echo my sentiments exactly. I have been aware for many years that Hillary Clinton is possibly the most prepared and qualified person to be President for a very long time. Way back when people angrily voiced their objections as if "how dare a woman be so ambitious!" to "what a bitch she is!", simply because she's smart and educated and has determination. I'm sick of people putting her down because her husband had affairs. Takes two to tango baby and there will always be women who will throw themselves at a handsome, powerful man. Bill Clinton took what was offered freely and he doesn't get a pass for that from me either. Bill Clinton isn't the first and won't be the last man who wasn't faithful to his wife while being in publicly elected office. John Kennedy, Bobby, Kennedy, Ted Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Dwight Eisenhower, Franklin D. Roosevelt, the list goes on throughout history. Sexual misconduct and scandals are not new to Europe and to them it's not a big deal. But in the U.S., the place where a man can openly hate women, minorities and other religions gets millions to cheer him and support him.

I will support her election any way that I can. I am a fervent fan and I post on Twitter and Facebook many times in a day in support of her. I only have one vote but I have many voices in social media. I get particularly intense when false and blank accusations are heaped on her like 'she's a murderer!' Well no, she's not and I will gladly provide that person with concrete, factual information to dispute it.  I had reached a point when what I was reading was just turning my guts into a knot and that's when I decided 'enough is enough' and got out there vigorously debunking blind allegations.

I am certain of one thing. Despite all that I know about Hillary Clinton that makes me confident that she's experienced more than enough to be President one other thing is pertinent. She's a woman, she's the first woman to preside over the welfare of this country and she will be held to a much higher standard than any man in history to hold that job. She will be judged and it will be harsh. She will be criticized and it will all have to be refuted. She will be on the defense every day for every word she speaks, every action she takes. Her bar is set miles higher than Donald Trump or any other man the Republicans could have run on their ticket. Because she understands how absolutely vital it is that she leave behind a legacy in the White House that will inspire, motivate, galvanize and energize this country and she will do everything in her power to not only meet those expectations but to exceed them.

Now is not the time to hide from the aggressors, now is the time to let your voice be heard. Approach social media armed with facts and logic instead of anger and accusation. Like the Nike slogan, 'Just do It'.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, Nidratime said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised how even some responsible journalists are conflating stories. Just heard Karen Tumulty calling the email situation and Wikileaks a Clinton "scandal." How is Wikileaks a Clinton scandal? The Russians and Wikileaks stole DNC emails and Clinton campaign emails. They were victims of a crime and somehow *they're* to blame? Especially when the Trump campaign is in cahoots with the Russians and seems to know what's in Wikileak emails before they're even released?!

*moved to Donald Trump page

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 2