Type keyword(s) to search

Hillary Rodham Clinton: 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee

What's infuriating about the Comey mess is that no matter what the response is, it's a clusterfuck. If Loretta Lynch or even Obama say nothing, that's interpreted as them tacitly acknowledging that he was right to inform Congress of this stuff. If they fire him, the Republicans will be screaming that he was fired because he was telling the truth. At this point, I would give a lot for Lynch to give a press conference in which she says Comey fucked up badly, but given that the info on Hillary is already out there, the only fair option is to release a detailed summary of all FBI investigations on both candidates.

Time is running out, and so my hope would be that if anyone on the Democrat or NeverTrump side has a "nuclear" option for releasing damaging info about Trump, now is the time to push that button.

• Love 11
20 hours ago, HumblePi said:

All I can say to anyone that is still undecided at this point is to try to eliminate the political static and peripheral noise. Focus on where the core of each candidate really is. Forget Donald's bragging he can grab women whenever and wherever. Forget Hillary's emails and taking a hammer to her Blackberry. Those distractions are just noise for our brains. Two people.....one an entrepreneur and a billionaire. The other a politician and a millionaire. Doesn't matter how he or she got the billions and millions. The question is who is emotionally prepared and intellectually capable of actually governing this country for the better good for all people, not only for some, not only for certain races, genders, creeds or beliefs but for all. 

I think it's even more simple. Ignore everything else and consider whether you want to risk the world being blown up versus having a world, including America, in 4 years. I wish I was kidding.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Padma said:

Even given such a wealth of negative information on Trump, as usual the Democrats don't seem able to create at a clear, consistent and highly negative image of their opponent, one that is drummed in over and over and easy to remember.

They lied too much about Trump early on; they have no credibility left.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Unless both North Carolina and Florida flip, Clinton will win.

I'm more concerned about the Senate than I am about the White House. I feel confident in the EC Math for HRC. I was feeling pretty confident in the Seante as well, until this week.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

They lied too much about Trump early on; they have no credibility left.

And, pray tell, what exactly where these supposed lies? Please let's not be all Trump?Comey here and throw out vague innuendo.

And you think the Dems don't have any credibility? LOL yeah sure. Compared to the steaming pile of hypocritical, lying Republicans I'd believe a Dem over one of them any day of the week. 

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Kromm said:

Saw a copy of the National Enquirer hanging on a drug store magazine rack today. The headline is "HILLARY BLACKMAILS FBI TO DROP INVESTIGATION".

No idea if this issue of N.E. came out before or after the Comey nonsense, but either way it's pretty incredible that even a shitty rag like the Enquirer goes with that. They do scandal first and foremost, but I also have to wonder if they're owned by right-wing fruitloops behind the scenes as well.

Trump said, not too long ago, that the Enquirer, owned by one of his buddies, should have won a Pulitzer.  They're 110% (at least) in the bag for him.  

7 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

You're forgetting about the $40 million of income that Trump would have declared when the bank wrote off the debt (almost certainly in a later tax year than the $40 million investment loss), so everything adds up as it should, but it illustrates why he has no confidence in people being able to understand his tax returns were he to release them.

Nope.  What Trump did was issue new bonds to his creditors for the difference, instead of acknowledging the forgiven portion of the debt.  So he gave them bonds that were "worth" $40 million but, in reality, they were worthless.  

51 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Unless both North Carolina and Florida flip, Clinton will win.

I think, last time I looked, she can still win even if he takes both.  It's a lot tighter, but she still has the edge.  I won't say I'm not nervous, but, essentially, if Hillary takes all the solidly Dem states and takes just like one swing state, she's got it.  Trump needs to make a clean sweep of the swing states to get to the win.  It's not impossible, hence the nerves, but from the sound of it, in terms of the early voting, I think she likely has at least one decent sized swing state (NC or Nevada).  Either one of those should give her the win.  

• Love 7

HRC will regain the momentum she had before Comey.  The Dems have a great ground game and lots of new and young voters who are excited to vote for her and against the fascist clown that so many Republican leaders are too cowardly to denounce.  Donald can only stay on message for a very short time, and only when Medieval Mike is there to hold his hand.  Plus, it's going to rattle him that reporters (finally) and the FBI are looking into his Russian connections.  He did not like being called Putin's puppet.  I expect the Democrats to really start hitting him in this weak spot.

• Love 18
55 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

And, pray tell, what exactly where these supposed lies? Please let's not be all Trump?Comey here and throw out vague innuendo.

And you think the Dems don't have any credibility? LOL yeah sure. Compared to the steaming pile of hypocritical, lying Republicans I'd believe a Dem over one of them any day of the week. 

Apparently, now his campaign is tweeting out to voters that if they've already voted early for Clinton, they can change their votes.  I swear I'm not making this up; just saw this on Maddow's show.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BookWoman56 said:

Time is running out, and so my hope would be that if anyone on the Democrat or NeverTrump side has a "nuclear" option for releasing damaging info about Trump, now is the time to push that button.

Don't you think it would have happened by now?

Hillary needs to push back harder.   Remarks like "I find it odd that ..." or "Isn't it strange?" aren't cutting it.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, clb1016 said:

Apparently, now his campaign is tweeting out to voters that if they've already voted early for Clinton, they can change their votes.  I swear I'm not making this up; just saw this on Maddow's show.

I saw that too. I'm guessing that the goal is to announce soon that thousands have been flooding that phone line to change their vote. You can't change your vote once cast, but he will use this to make up a story about how many are trying. 

• Love 1

According to Maddow, Pennsylvania--one of the states where this was done--doesn't even have early voting (except for absentee voting).  Frightening to think that he might have a much better chance of winning if he had a really professional organization working for him instead of this bunch of incompetents.

• Love 5

Lawrence O'Donnell has a report that in early voting in Florida, Clinton has an 8 point lead. This is huge! This is polling those who have already voted, and Trump must get Florida to win. I'm super excited about this news. It's indicating that a significant percentage (28%)  of registered Republicans in Florida HAVE ALREADY VOTED for Clinton. 

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 13
Just now, Pixel said:

Lawrence O'Donnell has a report that in early voting in Florida, Clinton has an 8 point lead. This is huge! This is polling those who have already voted, and Trump must get Florida to win. 

Watching this now.  Here's a thought:  could these Republicans be saying they're voting for Clinton when they're actually not?  Thereby giving her supporters a false sense of security so that they don't bother to come out and vote on election day?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, clb1016 said:

Watching this now.  Here's a thought:  could these Republicans be saying they're voting for Clinton when they're actually not?  Thereby giving her supporters a false sense of security so that they don't bother to come out and vote on election day?

It's highly unlikely you'd get a massive mindmeld happening like that. I'm sure there are some who might lie, but it wouldn't be more than half, so even if it was only 14%, that's still hugely significant. 

Edited by Pixel
Adding some stuffs I thought of later.
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Pixel said:

Lawrence O'Donnell has a report that in early voting in Florida, Clinton has an 8 point lead. This is huge! This is polling those who have already voted, and Trump must get Florida to win. I'm super excited about this news. It's indicating that a significant percentage (28%)  of registered Republicans in Florida HAVE ALREADY VOTED for Clinton. 

I am watching also. I thought the 8 point lead part was their prediction for final results, which includes the information on the 28% of registered Republicans who have already voted for her plus other projective information. Not her current lead from early voting. I may have heard wrong, though. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, VMepicgrl said:

I am watching also. I thought the 8 point lead part was their prediction for final results, which includes the information on the 28% of registered Republicans who have already voted for her plus other projective information. Not her current lead from early voting. I may have heard wrong, though. 

I'm pretty sure they emphasized a couple of times that that was the current number from early voting. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Pixel said:

What the actual fuck?!? I just can't even anymore. I'm exhausted. 

Right?

Imagine with HRC must feel like after all these years

The Target Smart news was sweet. I have had doubts that she'll win in a blowout so it is nice to hear  confirmation. Polls, this year, I feel have underestimated her margins 

• Love 5

Lawrence O'Donnell just had a poll that will be published in the morning that polled people who actually have early voted in Fla--and it has Hillary getting 28% of the registered republican early voters and winning overall at 53%.    Nice way to end the day--they just did a preview--but I look forward to reading more of this tomorrow morning.   Florida, Florida, Florida.   

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Pixel said:

I'm pretty sure they emphasized a couple of times that that was the current number from early voting. 

They just repeated - that's their prediction. Currently she's 53%, but they are expecting it to be 48% to 40% by the end.

• Love 1
Just now, VMepicgrl said:

They just repeated - that's their prediction. Currently she's 53%, but they are expecting it to be 48% to 40% by the end.

I stand corrected. Still damned exciting, though!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Pixel said:

I stand corrected. Still damned exciting, though!

For sure! I was only hoping to be right because I want a big lead to be the final result and not just so far, although so far is based on actual voting.

Now I'd just like some good news about senate races......

• Love 2
3 hours ago, molshoop said:

This is supposed to be the latest and best poll aggregator. http://www.slate.com/features/pkremp_forecast/report.html

Please don't ask me to explain it.  I just find it more soothing to the nerves than fivethirtyeight.

538 has become click baity. It is unfortunate but I had massive respect for Nate Silver 

54 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Woot!

Also, Bill Weld was a rock star for HRC on TRMS tonight.  He said she was a moral, upstanding, honest, etc., and that it was about time someone other than a Democrat said so. 

I am confident he is thisclose to urging people to vote for HRC. He is a bigger fan of HRC than he is the man at the top of his ticket.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

After Whitey Bulger turned the local FBI office into part of his criminal enterprise, I lost all confidence in the Boston office of the FBI and never regained it.

Now I feel the same way about the FBI as a whole.

Come(y) sit by me. We can read the Rich files the fibbies released today -- purely by accidentally on purpose FOIA situation, don't you know! -- and wonder why the fuck Bill Weld (pro-choice, pro-gay-rights, pro-medical-marijuana) is the only decent Republican left standing. 

• Love 10

I just watched CNN cover Hillary Clinton's rally in Florida tonight. For a change, they went with microphone in hand to talk to some of her supporters. They were extremely enthusiastic, chanting 'Hillary! Hillary! Hillary!'  It was GREAT to see this instead of CNN constantly showing Trump rallies and interviewing his deplorables chanting "lock her up!'.  CNN and other channels really should do this more often, it gives me encouragement when I see so many people out there absolutely besides themselves with enthusiasm and support for her. Donald Trump people should see how badly people want Hillary to be the President. They need to witness the support she has. They need to see that Hillary Clinton's supporters are every bit as passionate and committed to her as they are of him.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 18

I gave some details about my own experiences with Obamacare over in the Trump thread, but I think the following observations belong here.

The Democrats have utterly failed at selling Obamacare as a good thing.   It has made a huge and beneficial difference in my life so far.   It has enabled me to purchase decent health care at a cost of just 10 percent of what I was paying before.  I have no doubt whatsoever that it has improved the lives of many people, especially those individuals and families who could not afford any health insurance previously or who were denied benefits due to pre-existing conditions.

There must be countless Obamacare success stories out there, but they are not being told.   Instead the Retrumplicans are permitted to go unchallenged in their assertions that Obamacare is a national evil.   The inexplicable silence about Obamacare from Hillary and the Democratic Party (other than "we know it needs to be fixed") suggests that they have bought into the Trump narrative or are simply afraid to refute it.    What a lost opportunity.   But it goes hand in hand with the weak defensive position Hillary's campaign has found itself in almost from the beginning.   

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Woot!

Also, Bill Weld was a rock star for HRC on TRMS tonight.  He said she was a moral, upstanding, honest, etc., and that it was about time someone other than a Democrat said so. 

He was also great this morning on Morning Joe to a very cold group. I described it in the MJ thread because he was so good--even read them something from "1984" about training people with "hate exercises" that could then be directed wherever the leader wanted. The MJ group greeted this with stony silence, so Weld observed, "I think that's like a Trump rally". Then went on to describe how good she was as a choice and the importance of defeating Trump. Love him!

57 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

I just watched CNN cover Hillary Clinton's rally in Florida tonight. For a change, they went with microphone in hand to talk to some of her supporters. They were extremely enthusiastic, chanting 'Hillary! Hillary! Hillary!'  It was GREAT to see this instead of CNN constantly showing Trump rallies and interviewing his deplorables chanting "lock her up!'.  CNN and other channels really should do this more often, it gives me encouragement when I see so many people out there absolutely besides themselves with enthusiasm and support for her. Donald Trump people should see how badly people want Hillary to be the President. They need to witness the support she has. They need to see that Hillary Clinton's supporters are every bit as passionate and committed to her as they are of him.

Thanks for sharing that! I had given up that they would ever do that! Great--because it builds excitement when people see others really Do share their feelings.

I so wish we were voting tomorrow. The next 7 days will be excruciating.  (Again, I don't know how Hillary stays so calm and steady through it all. I really do feel confident that she has good people, is a strong leader, and can handle anything.)

• Love 8

Here is the best link to the 538 site  it goes right to the results you want "

ELECTION FORECAST

Who will win the presidency?

Who’d Who would win the presidency today?

Chance of winning

Hillary Clinton   71.2%

Donald Trump   28.8%

Electoral votes: 

Hillary Clinton  303.1

Donald Trump  233.7

• Love 4

CNN and other channels really should do this more often, it gives me encouragement when I see so many people out there absolutely besides themselves with enthusiasm and support for her.

Which is why they and the other media outlets don't do it. They love to stick the "narrative" that they think sells the best. Hillary is boring, she's a nerdy/wonk, she's not Obama, she's not her husband, she's not Bernie, she's not the horrid, nasty but "entertaining" Trump so how can we show that her voters are actually excited and not holding their noses as they support/vote for her. We can't show that, viewers believe us when we don't show you, because we can't even count on one hand any supporters that we've found who are actually enthused about voting for Hillary.

• Love 10

Sean hannity got punked

Kind of funny - 

Hannity referenced an article on the site Gateway Pundit on his radio show that linked to a story from Your News Wire that falsely claimed that the first lady "scrubbed all references to Hillary Clinton from both of her Twitter accounts as news breaks that Clinton is under two different FBI investigations involving four FBI offices."

"It says that Michelle Obama had deleted Hillary tweets from her timeline. Did you ever check that out?" Hannity asked his producer on "The Sean Hannity Show."

According to CNN, a woman on the show later referenced a spin-off of the hoax, saying, "Barack Obama and Elizabeth Warren have both unfollowed Hillary Clinton, as well as scrubbing their timeline of tweets about her."

"Wow," Hannity responded. "That means they know it's huge. You know why? Because Obama's implicated! He's implicated here, and he's pissed. You know what his legacy might be? Jail."

Of course, when told it was a hoax, Hannity kind of apologized - I mean, he made excuses. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, BookWoman56 said:

What's infuriating about the Comey mess is that no matter what the response is, it's a clusterfuck. If Loretta Lynch or even Obama say nothing, that's interpreted as them tacitly acknowledging that he was right to inform Congress of this stuff. If they fire him, the Republicans will be screaming that he was fired because he was telling the truth. At this point, I would give a lot for Lynch to give a press conference in which she says Comey fucked up badly, but given that the info on Hillary is already out there, the only fair option is to release a detailed summary of all FBI investigations on both candidates.

There is a nuclear option: the rest of the Access Hollywood tapes with racist and sexist comments by Trump. Employees who've seen the tapes say Trump said much worse things about women than the "grab her pussy" remark. They said he used the N-word. NBC is refusing to give the tapes to the press. I wonder why?  They said they had planned to release the "grab her" tape the Monday after the last debate (because they wanted to devote their weekend news coverage to Hurricane Matthew), but a pissed-off employee leaked the tape to the press on the Friday before the debate. Why was NBC planning to release one Access Hollywood tape that time, but are hiding behind the "We can't, because MGM owns the Access Hollywood tapes" excuse this time? Didn't MGM own the "grab her" tape too?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, molshoop said:

Here is some great and not so surprising (to me) news:

28% of early voters in Florida who voted for Hillary are registered Republicans.

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch/exclusive-stunning-clinton-number-in-fl-798824003656

This story broke last night on Lawrence O'Donnell's show.  Actually, of the Republicans who have already voted, 28% have crossed over to vote for Hillary.  Right now, Hillary has over 50% of vote in FL, although this same poll projects her to win the state 48%-40%.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, film noire said:

Come(y) sit by me. We can read the Rich files the fibbies released today -- purely by accidentally on purpose FOIA situation, don't you know! -- and wonder why the fuck Bill Weld (pro-choice, pro-gay-rights, pro-medical-marijuana) is the only decent Republican left standing. 

Unfortunately, I think we're stuck with Comey.

If Trump wins -- crosses self -- I doubt Obama would fire him because he'd be replaced by someone even worse.

If Clinton wins, I doubt Obama would fire him before his term is up, or Clinton would afterwards, because of the political cost and because of the difficulty of getting a replacement confirmed.

social-media-marketing-1024x768.jpg

Social media has undoubtedly changed the dynamics of the 2016 election. It is evident that social media has become the game changer. Using the influence of social media has and will continue to improve Hillary's chances of winning the election. I am not a social media person at all, I have had a Twitter and Facebook account for years and haven't used it as much in all those years combined as I have these past two months.

If you haven't already, I urge everyone to use social media to make your voices heard. I don't post as frequently on Hillary's Facebook or Twitter as I do on Donald Trump's or any of his surrogates. The objective is not to argue with others on those accounts but merely to get out some indisputable facts. The following is a link to some of the surrogates that are visible nearly every day on CNN and MSNBC. Those are my targets. I have also included the link to Jorge Ramos Facebook. Jorge is the reporter and journalist from Univision that Donald Trump kicked out of one of his first press conferences.

https://www.facebook.com/fusionamerica/?ref=page_internal

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/

https://www.facebook.com/cnnpolitics

https://www.facebook.com/SeanHannity

https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

https://twitter.com/scottienhughes

https://twitter.com/Betsy_McCaughey?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Those are just a few of the people on my list of Trump surrogates that I post on their Twitter or Facebook feeds. I have such a long list that I can't even post the links to all of them. The point is just to be verbal, they are. Give your opinions, they do. Be visible, they are.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 4

Putting aside the fact that most of us are worn thin and extremely weary of this election, there's something that I feel needs to be addressed by the incoming President, our Senate and Congress no matter which party is elected.

There's been a half BILLION dollars that have been spent on this election so far, and another couple of million to be spent these last days of the election. A half billion! 500,000,000.00 million is a pretty incomprehensible number when you think of it in dollars. It doesn't sound like much if it was referring to microorganisms or grains of sand in a dumpster but this is money that was spent collectively by both candidates for one thing, to get you to vote for them.

I think there should be a much shorter period of time given to a Presidential election and it's been said many times by people in government that agree it's way too long. If a campaign was shorter there would have to be more focus on the issues and not on the mud-slinging. Money spent on campaigns and contributions made from people who can barely afford to give anything would possibly be put to a much better use. We pretty much made up our minds and selected our candidate in recent months, not in the last 2 years. Times have changed with social media and we can instantly get our information more quickly than we ever could in our lives.

Sheryl Crow is petitioning for the Republican and Democratic National Committees to investigate ways to shorten and “make our election cycle more humane and something that we can all be proud of.” If you are of the same mindset as Sheryl Crow regarding the lengthy and expensive election process, then sign her petition on change.org. The petition needs 75,000 signatures in order to read both political parties and there are currently 58,073.

https://www.change.org/p/democratic-national-committee-shorten-the-us-presidential-election-cycle

• Love 16
On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 9:16 AM, HumblePi said:

Why even bother going to vote? It only sends the message "I don't care".

They bother to go to vote because of down ticket races.  They do have the option of not voting for any presidential candidate, rather than writing someone's name in.

• Love 2

I was never a news junkie before the election.  Actually, I didn't become one until a few weeks ago when the Access Hollywood tape surfaced.  Then I tuned in to hear about Trump's numbers falling (oh, sweet schadenfreude) and got hooked.  Until the Comey letter came out.  Then it got too depressing/frustrating to watch and I have been trying to avoid it.  I did catch a few minutes here and there and was happy to see that the possible Trump-Putin ties were getting attention, and even heard reports on Trump's misuse of his Foundation funds and on Dems filing lawsuits against the Trump camp for voter intimidation.  

I also heard about the FBI email dump.  Supposedly, this was a scheduled dump and had nothing to do with the letter or the election.  Not looking forward to all the Trumpsters spouting off on how it was a planned dump and a routine matter so there is no reason for the Dems to be upset, while complaining about Clinton "deleting 33,000 emails is the most corrupt thing ever" even though it was also planned to be done as a routine matter before any subpoenas were received (I have a very low tolerance for hypocrisy).

In any case, I realized this morning that the FBI evidence dump has an upside - it brings to light the government definition of "dump." Saw a bit of a news segment this morning where they were discussing one of Podesta's wikileaked emails, where he says that they should "dump" all the emails.  Now, most of us non-government types probably think that "dumping emails" or "dumping files" means that you are trashing them or deleting them.  But, as the person being interviewed pointed out, in government lingo, "dump" means to make public - just like how the FBI dumped all the Clinton Foundation Investigation evidence. Podesta was not recommending that they delete everything, he was recommending that they make everything public.  

Will most people understand this? I hope so.  

12 hours ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

538 has become click baity. It is unfortunate but I had massive respect for Nate Silver 

What does "click baity" mean?  Sounds like Bruno Mars lyrics - "My shorty was click baity" - actually, it sounds more like misheard Bruno Mars lyrics (it is "smoother than a fresh jar of skippy" - not "smoother than a fresh dry skippy" nor "smoother than a fresh dried hippy"

Edited by needschocolate
  • Love 1

Speaking of the budget, let's add the estimated $30M the government/Republicans have spent "investigating" Hillary, and that's only Benghazi and emails. In 1999, CNN estimated that Ken Starr's various probes cost $80M.

Fiscal conservatives, my ass.

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, needschocolate said:

What does "click baity" mean?

It refers to "click bait" - the sites where they entice  you to click to get a story, and then you have to keep clicking "next"  to get the whole story.  The sites are filled with ads, and the site gets paid "per click", so if you click through 10 pages to get to the end of the story - they register 10 "clicks" .   There are a lot of them on the bottom of pages on the Prev TV site here.  You know "You won't BELIEVE what happened next"  or "10 child stars who committed suicide and nobody talks about"  - all about as phony as you can get.    The main 538 site has a lot of headlines that don't really lead to stories that measure up.

Anyway - I posted before - if you want to get right to the "meat"  of the 538 site - use this link:

Election results

• Love 8