Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: The One Where the Charter Guests Almost Die

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Captain Lee grows increasingly frustrated with Kelley after a series of missteps by the newly minted bosun. Kate is surprised by a visitor that rattles Ben's ego to the core. Kelley steps up his game in his pursuit of Emily. Meanwhile a terrifying boating accident leaves the lives of the charter guests hanging in the balance.

While  Ben's disdain for the fact that Ro came to visit amuses me, I kind of get the face of annoyance. We got, what, ten minutes of her and Kate and I'm already sick of their PDA. No one else has had their SO come visit, right? Is be annoyed if I had to witness it live. I'm also disappointed that Kate seems to have become the employee that she's always annoyed with - the girl that can't put down her phone and constantly texts. 

It didn't take Kyle long to figure out Sierra is nuts ... but it's not stopping him. Good for him, I guess. I don't see the attraction to her (l still think she's too mannequin-esque), but it's nice to see his hasn't jumped on the Emily bandwagon. 

Captain Lee was salty this episode.

Did they really get a $15,000 tip for a one day charter? ... $1300 each for less than 24 hours worth of work? Geez. Sign me up. 

• Like 1
  • Love 13

I was half watching....I kind of thought that scene made Kelly's point.  Why didn't Kate get spoken to about the walkie talkie situation and Sierra's inability to make drinks.

Not that I think Kelly should have said it to the boss.  Just get the job the Captain wants done and suck up everything else.

Aye!  The gratey voices.  The guest and the girlfriend.  ARGGGGG.  Make it stop.  Please!  So much whiney.  So so much.

Texting. Too much of it and didn't always appear to be on break time.  I get Ben's annoyance on that one. 

I agree adultasauras, Kate just didn't appear comfortable with Ro.  Like all the PDA was to convince everyone that this is REAL.  But it just doesn't seem real.

Ben and Kate had more chemistry.

Edited by dosodog
agreeing with smart people
  • Like 1
  • Love 16

The whole conversation about Jesus turning loaves into fish was hilarious to me. And Sierra thinking Capt Lee meant he needed literal painkillers (though he really should have specified he meant drinks). Oh Sierra, never change hun. 

Kelley is so pathetic. He thinks he's being smooth while Emily looks at him like he's a total buffoon. Can he not sense she isn't into him? I feel secondhand embarrassment every time I watch him trying to woo her while shirtless or asking her to put sunscreen on him. The others watching him work out was hilarious, especially Kyle's imitation of that weird thing he was doing with his shoulders. I wish Emily had told him to get the hell off of her when he was laying on her for no reason. WTF dude

I think Nico redeemed himself from the last episode by going in and saving those 2 girls before they, you know, got run over by the boat. I'm surprised the guests didn't dock the tip for that one. 

Ooh it was kind of fun seeing Capt Lee getting pissy. He means business, doesn't he? Kelley arguing over whether the windows were dirty on the inside or outside just made him look so so stupid. Does this guy have any self awareness about how he comes off? 

I like Kyle a lot so far. He's cool. I dig the accent too, when I can actually understand him.

I was confused by the whole Lauren anchoring thing. Why were they having her do it when she said she didn't know how? I didn't understand that part. It was like details were edited out or something, it made no sense to me. 

Oh yeah and I'd have been annoyed with all the PDA too. It's pretty awkward to watch knowing what ended up happening later regarding Kate.

• Like 1
  • Love 12

Yea, but I can't believe Kelley gets reprimanded, and he has the gall to tell the captain that he resents being called out on things when Kate never gets called out.  What?!  Who talks that way to his boss?  I think he's a hard worker, but he's not boss/leader material.  He wants to be friends with those he supervises, as evidenced when he said he felt kind of left out of Nico and Lauren's camaraderie.  I also noticed that after his reprimand, he just told the crew to wash the windows - leaving out the other stuff the captain said.  He needs to teach them more, supervise them more, and expect more.

• Love 9

I easily understand Kyle; I think it's because I grew up in Appalachia and we have a strong regional accent that's an old legacy from English and Scottish ancestors. 

Captain Lee was indeed a saltier old salt than usual!

And I totally wanted one of Captain Lee's Painkillers. 

• Love 5
Just now, RedHawk said:

I easily understand Kyle; I think it's because I grew up in Appalachia and we have a strong regional accent that's an old legacy from English and Scottish ancestors. 

Captain Lee was indeed a saltier old salt than usual!

Agreed - I'm in Atlanta and my ScotsIrish has no issue understanding him...I think it's a trope.

• Love 2

New Stuff I love- Kyle! Dreamy eyes, working class accent, Romantic and Humorous turns of Phrase..                              New Stuff I hate- Ro's nonstop Forced Lecherous Laugh, and nonstop Slurping on Kate's Face, ecch!       Plus the sexual encounter in a sweaty humid bathroom, NOOOS!                             

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, pinkelephant3 said:

Did kelly seriously say that he only goes for tiny girls... yuck

I don't have an issue with that - ppl have types.  How is that yuck?  Kelley obvs isn't looking for his one true love - it's ok to have a physical fling.

• Love 5

He had a strong start, but Kelly's starting to lose a little bit of his luster. It was really not smart to argue with a clearly agitated Lee that the dirt was on the inside of the glass, and seemingly insist this was all Kate's fault somehow even as he and the deck crew scrambled to clean the outsides, which clearly were dirty. I can understand being frustrated with favoritism, since Kate's been on the show longer now and appears to have some off-screen camaraderie with the captain.  But his stubborness there was just weird. Also, it seems to be a fairly consistent throughline on the series that Lee gives many more shits about competent exterior vs interior. Which makes sense, really; there's much larger margin of error with service I'd think. Kind of easy to vamp and bullshit around Sierra being AWOL or trying to give the guests shot glasses of Tylenol than fucking up the boat and endangering the people on it.

Also, the thing with him and Emily is off-putting. Hopefully she is just straight with him, and he backs off. And it puts a bad taste in my mouth that he's several years older and keeps reiterating that she's tiny and brings out his protector side and shit, and feeling entitled to her personal space. It's starting to get pretty borderline, so hopefully Emily sets clear boundaries and he respects them. Not getting a great feeling about it though.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

He had a strong start, but Kelly's starting to lose a little bit of his luster. It was really not smart to argue with a clearly agitated Lee that the dirt was on the inside of the glass, and seemingly insist this was all Kate's fault somehow even as he and the deck crew scrambled to clean the outsides, which clearly were dirty. I can understand being frustrated with favoritism, since Kate's been on the show longer now and appears to have some off-screen camaraderie with the captain.  But his stubborness there was just weird. Also, it seems to be a fairly consistent throughline on the series that Lee gives many more shits about competent exterior vs interior. Which makes sense, really; there's much larger margin of error with service I'd think. Kind of easy to vamp and bullshit around Sierra being AWOL or trying to give the guests shot glasses of Tylenol than fucking up the boat and endangering the people on it.

Also, the thing with him and Emily is off-putting. Hopefully she is just straight with him, and he backs off. And it puts a bad taste in my mouth that he's several years older and keeps reiterating that she's tiny and brings out his protector side and shit, and feeling entitled to her personal space. It's starting to get pretty borderline, so hopefully Emily sets clear boundaries and he respects them. Not getting a great feeling about it though.

So why are we all going Emily here - you know she's bound for a charter-hookup.  Why is Kelley automatically the bad guy?  This isn't our first rodeo, we know these are charter flings....

• Love 1

Ben and Captain Lee were my spirit animals tonight. I completely got Ben's irritation with Kate's constant texting was so unprofessional and annoying. Also the PDA was a bit much. I kept wanting them go to a room and just bang. I'm not a fan of PDA from anyone and this was 5 minutes away from fucking.

Captain Lee was rightly pissed that none of those assholes had their radios with them. As we've seen both on this show and BD: Med, it's a safety issue. Both the fire from last season and the sinking ship from BD: Med shows how quickly things can get out of control. What's so hard about keeping your radios with you. And if the captain has to go searching for you below deck, then you fucked up.

1 hour ago, ihartcoffee said:

Check out Captain Lee whipping up painkillers in bulk.  

That should have warranted a talk with Kate. Sierra's misunderstanding was one thing, but she didn't really seem to know how to make a painkillers.

Kelley, we all know you have a very nice sized penis. There's no need to only have sex with tiny women so that your dick looks godzilla sized. His talk about picking her up and carrying her around is a little much. All of his talking seemed like he has a part of him that is a little into domination, but he doesn't quite realize it.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Adultosaurus said:

So why are we all going Emily here - you know she's bound for a charter-hookup.  Why is Kelley automatically the bad guy?  This isn't our first rodeo, we know these are charter flings....

IMO he's not a 'bad guy' yet. It's a gray area right now. Like I said, I hope that if Emily's not feeling it - which her body language has been telling us a little, and her actual language in her interviews has been telling us a lot - he'll back off and that will be that, or if she changes her mind and starts feeling it then they can hook up, whatever. But it was uncomfortable for me to watch him crawling on top of her, when it cut to her saying she didn't like it. They're coworkers, and there is definitely a point where a one-sided pursuit gets a little icky, especially when the aggressor is a man.

The show's building to something here, and I'm not getting the vibe that it's a sweaty romp in the laundry room with Emily and Kelly. I suspect the show's characterization of him will become clearer.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

IMO he's not a 'bad guy' yet. It's a gray area right now. Like I said, I hope that if Emily's not feeling it - which her body language has been telling us a little, and her actual language in her interviews has been telling us a lot - he'll back off and that will be that, or if she changes her mind and starts feeling it then they can hook up, whatever. But it was uncomfortable for me to watch him crawling on top of her, when it cut to her saying she didn't like it. They're coworkers, and there is definitely a point where a one-sided pursuit gets a little icky, especially when the aggressor is a man.

The show's building to something here, and I'm not getting the vibe that it's a sweaty romp in the laundry room with Emily and Kelly. I suspect the show's characterization of him will become clearer.

If there is an unwanted aggressor, it shouldn't matter whether it is a man or not...no means no.  But I didn't see a no.  Yet.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I was half watching....I kind of thought that scene made Kelly's point.  Why didn't Kate get spoken to about the walkie talkie situation and Sierra's inability to make drinks.

Not that I think Kelly should have said it to the boss.  Just get the job the Captain wants done and suck up everything else.

Aye!  The gratey voices.  The guest and the girlfriend.  ARGGGGG.  Make it stop.  Please!  So much whiney.  So so much.

Texting. Too much of it and didn't always appear to be on break time.  I get Ben's annoyance on that one. 

I agree adultasauras, Kate just didn't appear comfortable with Ro.  Like all the PDA was to convince everyone that this is REAL.  But it just doesn't seem real.

Ben and Kate had more chemistry.

Kate's encounter reeked of overcompensation.

• Love 10

Kelly is getting all full of himself with his TH's and stupid moves on Emily.  I didn't like him on his first go round on the show and I'm not liking him the second time around.  He thinks he's getting over on Emily and she's reading him.  Good for her.  I really felt for her when he plopped himself down on top of her. 

Oh God Kate.  I've always liked her but it's so uncomfortable watching her relationship when you know what's to come.  Too much PDA and it wasn't coming from Kate.  Ben is so uncomfortable with this...aka a bit jealous.  I've always liked Kate and Ben together.  And yeah Ben, Kate did tell you around nine for dinner.  Stop bitching.

Lauren and the hand symbols?  Lee was right.  Lauren is a bit self righteous.  Girl, you don't cry at work.  You question why and listen for the reasons.

Really Sierra?  The loaves and the fish?  And oh Kelley, your comment about her stabbing someone in the middle of the night?  You've got your own 'problems'.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Adultosaurus said:

Ro does what she wants.  We all know how the Summer panned out for Ro and Kate - so is this even a conversation?

Yes it is a conversation.  

@Nanu160, when I first saw Ro, I thought Iron Maiden but Black Sabbath works just as well.  She was something wasn't she?  When she was walking towards the boat I thought she had wandered off the tour bus drunk and gotten lost.  Everything about her seems fake to me, from her "style" to the constant PDA to the laugh.  It all screamed "look at me, look at me!!!!". Kate too in this instance seemed fake with the constant kissing. 

If Kate really is the age she claims to be, she really should consider a lifestyle change.  I don't know what she's doing but whatever it is, it's aging her rapidly.  She's an attractive woman but she's ruining her looks.  

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 22
15 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

Yes it is a conversation.  

@Nanu160, when I first saw Ro, I thought Iron Maiden but Black Sabbath works just as well.  She was something wasn't she?  When she was walking towards the boat I thought she had wandered off the tour bus drunk and gotten lost.  Everything about her seems fake to me, from her "style" to the constant PDA to the laugh.  It all screamed "look at me, look at me!!!!"

If Kate really is the age she claims to be, she really should consider a lifestyle change.  I don't know what she's doing but whatever it is, it's aging her rapidly.  She's an attractive woman but she's ruining her looks.  

Seems unlikely she would give a fake ID to the cops so it's most likely accurate bug she does look a decade+ than her age.

• Love 1

Wasn't digging or feeling Ro.  That laugh sounded like a honking horn.  Agree with too much Kate/Ro PDA.  I didn't need to see that for 5 mins., 1 min. would have been enough.  Kelly's becoming annoying where Emily is concerned.  

I thought I saw in the season highlights that Sierra was crying saying she felt like she'd been used?  Wonder if it was because someone slept with her or .... ??  I don't get the vibe that Sierra is certifiably BSC like Nico and Kelley keep referring to.  A dim bulb maybe but cut your penis off in the middle of the night with a butter knife?  No, I'm not feeling that at this point in the show although it is early.

Sierra's got a very pretty face and a slammin' body.  She has amazing boobs and they're real.  I'm surprised Kelley and Nico don't want to sleep with her and favor Emily instead.  I hate Emily's hair color (it looks like a bad dye job) and when she wears those huge black eyeglasses she looks like a straight-up owl.  I don't see the attraction.  Oh, and Emily?  Shhhhhh, shhhhhh.  It's okay for Kelley to remain topless any chance he gets.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 8

Kelley has negative game. He has sitcom game. To woo Emily, he's walked around shirtless, told her that the other dude who is into her has a girlfriend, hoped that having her apply sunscreen on his body would entice her, and basically stuck his head in her crotch. I'm pretty sure he got his skills from watching the family dog. He shouldn't have to work so hard. He's a young attractive somewhat famous guy with a great body and a big dick. Kelley seems to be incapable of having a normal person conversation with Emily and she seems to be turned off by that 

Ben and Emily have had some brief conversations about being British and I won't be surprised if they hook up.

• Love 16

Sierra may have good looking breasts but I don't think she has a slamming body.  If anything, she's a little chunky judging from tonight's episode.  I don't mean to put her down but it was very noticeably when they had their day at the resort.  Emily, on the other hand, is quite cute and I can see how men are attracted to her.

As for Kelley, you need more than a great body to attract a woman who is worth attracting.  You've got a long way to go.

Disclaimer:  What woman finds attractive in a woman is much different than what a man finds attractive.  I've seen this over and over again in these shows and in real life.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Sierra may have good looking breasts but I don't think she has a slamming body.  If anything, she's a little chunky judging from tonight's episode.  I don't mean to put her down but it was very noticeably when they had their day at the resort.  Emily, on the other hand, is quite cute and I can see how men are attracted to her.

As for Kelley, you need more than a great body to attract a woman who is worth attracting.  You've got a long way to go.

Disclaimer:  What woman finds attractive in a woman is much different than what a man finds attractive.  I've seen this over and over again in these shows and in real life.

Yeah Seirra's bathing suit did not flatter her body at all. I was surprised because she looks completely different in clothes.

• Love 6

Lauren was bringing the second-hand embarrassment last week but Kelley has blown that entirely out of the water. The delusion is strong with this one and I'm getting flashbacks to his last season with that other deckhand. Not cute. And I'm with Emily about the shirtlessness. They work on boats so she's seen plenty of great bodies. Walking around like a perverted Ken doll isn't doing him any favors.

48 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Ben and Emily have had some brief conversations about being British and I won't be surprised if they hook up.

I think the season preview was hinting at that. I don't know that Ben is any less of a sleaze than Kelley but at least he isn't in some sort of Freddie Prinze Jr bet for her affection. Honestly I would love for Emily to just keep doing her job and shutting them down. After all she did break up with someone like days before the season began.

Even though Ben was real salty this episode, I have to agree that the PDA was revolting. I was eye-rolling at the constant texting. If I were Ben, that phone might have ended up 100 knots underwater. And that laugh...cringeworthy! Ro and Kate came off like they were putting on a show but honestly, I think Lauren and Sierra made a more convincing pair of lesbians, sharing a lounge chair and grinning like devils at Kate's sapphic display. I know Sierra is a ditz and should probably not be allowed anywhere near heavy machinery (yachts included) but she always has the other girls' backs and I think that's something to be admired.

And of course Capt Lee proves this series is nothing without him (looking at you Capt Mark of BD Med) by whipping up half a dozen painkillers in no time. He even knows how to use a lemon zester. This man is a treasure. Ben is close behind though. I love he delivered a deadpan "two guests almost died. NBD" but when dinner gets pushed half an hour all hell breaks loose :P

Quick sidenote, how has everyone here seen Kelley's dick? I feel like I'm missing something...

Edited by rho
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

Ro does what she wants.  We all know how the Summer panned out for Ro and Kate - so is this even a conversation?

We do? I am confused by the references to this bad end. Perhaps someone could explain.

• Love 1

This is the second time that Kelley has had his unfortunate and staggering flatulence 'caught' on air. And I'm with you, HunterHunted, he's got lame game, cliched game. Take off shirt, flex, 'will you apply sunscreen to my rippling bronzed Adonis body?', I'm taking you down the slide!! So I can exploit bodily contact and when then that wasn't enough, he buries his face in her crotch. I think too much lesbian PDA did something to Kelley's pheromones and he reverted to his most primal memory of male female relations: breastfeeding. It was just painfully weird to watch. And Ben! 'Is this really my circus?? Are these really my monkeys? Cosmo!!'. The last segment was surreal. Nico is out of it, firmly in the naughty corner after disgracing himself last week. He had the best chance, too. Good work, Nico. I like him though. He is cheery and took all this on the chin and some of his quips about Snr Dickhand, Trevor, were priceless. No one has mentioned Trevor!! 

I was amazed Cpt Lee didn't rip into all of them during the tip meeting, what was with that?? Especially Kate, when she didn't answer the radio and he had to physically come down from the wheelhouse in order to 'introduce some levity' after the boating near miss. AND make a jugful of Painkillers himself. Cpt Lee is HOT! He has SKILLS! I'd be really interested to know how he is feeling about Kate IRL about now. I have heard publicly only that he has said he is 'disappointed'. I didn't look up how the court thing went down, that should have been a week ago.

Kate is definitely slipping. Physically she is looking harrowed and strung out. Her Chief Stew game is way down. The endless texting...I'm really amazed Ben didn't do more to call her out on that. Maybe he feels that coming from him, it would look too much like jealousy. Her heart and her head are really not in the game this season. Maybe it is her relationship with Ro, but given how THAT ended and the multiple mentions of Ambien this episode and Kate's prior record regarding prescription drugs...attractive party girls like Kate don't take to ageing very well. Especially when their identity and career choices are based on their looks. It's like Kate is having a mid life crisis. I think that what is easy to interpret as jealousy on Ben's part, may also be major side eye about the strange choices he sees Kate making, including the gag inducing amount of PDA and pschotic giggling. Ben DOES know Kate quite well and she is really off. As others observed, she doesn't seem comfortable with Ro's presence at all, or her physicality. Her body language was not reading as receptive. I think the idea of a leap into the lady pond appealed to Kate's idea of herself, but once she was actually confronted with a real human being attached to this, she froze. And then apparently exploded. 

And Ben's below radar long game campaign for Emily began this episode!! I knew it. She's not interested in Kelley, Nico did his dash, Kyle is a  psycho wrangler and not fazed by Sierra, so the field just opened. Like a poster above, I do not see the attraction with Emily either. She's awkward and freaky looking to me. She IS a smart girl, good private school, the right kind of English (unlike Julia!), academically gifted...right up Ben's alley. Ben's a professional. He let the young 'uns strut and burn out, NOW he'll make his play. 

Lauren I feel sorry for. She's attractive, quick witted and so overlooked. She's possibly a better match for Kelley. OR Kyle. Especially as she's an Aussie and we share a lot of cultural similarities with the Brits. 

No more Ro on the boat. I wonder how long it will be before Kelley needs to call Amy for advice. He obviously needs it for backchatting Cpt Lee like that. If the man wants clean windows and ironed shorts and a bowl of Cheerios in the wheelhouse before 7am, you haul your crew out of their bunks and get on it. Foolish boy. I miss the shamed and disgraced tugboat Captain! Come back, Bosun Eddie, all is forgiven!

• Love 10

I don't like Ro at all.  She's way too clingy and needy.  

Ro:  Did you miss me?  Kate:  Yes.  Ro:  That's it? Just yes?  Kate:  I missed you tons.

Ok, so that's not the real conversation but close.  I can't remember the real conversations but there were more than a few that were similar to the one above.  Needy and clingy.  

Kelley is acting more of a friend than a boss.  Lauren yells at him asking why he didn't have her back.  You don't ask your boss that!  You listen to what they say and try to do better.  Then Kelley hugs her.  Cripes!!  Captain was right, those windows were filthy and he couldn't get in touch with any of the deck hands via radio.  Lauren seems a bit lazy.  She was sitting right there when Kelley's radio was going off and she did nothing but continue to stuff her face!  I would have jumped up and answered the radio or called the Captain back from my own radio to see what he wanted.  Also, another incident is when Captain said she had been up for hours doing nothing.  There's ALWAYS something to do, workwise.  You are at your job, girl.  Do some work.  You don't have to wait for someone to ask you to do something.  Take some initiative and find something to do.  

Edited by Sai
I for got to add that I love Ben and I love the Captain. lol
  • Love 10

Haha, those girls didn't "almost die". Calm down. Well, not from the raft flip anyhow. Maybe from alcohol poisoning. 

So once again Ben and Kate are at odds about dinner. You know, I like both of them, but Ben needs to simmer with his OCD. He really wants a set-in-stone time for meals and when guests are on a nice, relaxing vacation like this, that's just not always going to happen. Kate told him to plan for nine and that's what he should have done. But, in his mind, it wasn't set at 9 until she confirmed it with the guests. Problem was - they were napping. So just have 9 set in your head, but be prepared to be flexible. I get that he's the only one manning the kitchen and that can be tough at times, but he's been doing this long enough to know that the environment is going to be more lax, people aren't going to live by a schedule. 

I think the bigger issue is his jealousy. Kate is texting Ro non-stop, and paying him little attention. And boy, when Ro actually showed up! His discomfort was palpable. I liked when he said he'd heard that laugh before. So have I. From Janice on Friends.  Although, I will say, WAY too much PDA. I was glad they finally went somewhere private (but wish production hadn't followed). I'm a holding hands/kiss on the cheek kind of girl. Anything beyond that is pushing it. 

Speaking of - Kelley is getting WAY too handsy with Emily. That's making me uncomfortable as well. She's in an awkward position, because she likes him as a person, and they're stuck on this boat together. So she can't rebuff him the same way she would some random dude in a bar. But he really needs to dial it back and realize that SHE'S not picking up what he's laying down. Just laying on her lap like that was skeeving me out. 

I like Kyle flirting with Sierra, though. He cracks me up. He has a very quirky sense of humor, and I like that he's not afraid to argue with her. A lot of times when someone likes another person, they play nice and tell them what they want to hear. But he'll be damned if he stands for her assertion that Jesus turned loaves into fish. LOVE it! 

In all honesty, Sierra really needs someone following her around 24-7 and constantly correcting her, because homegirl is a mess. When the freaking captain of the ship has to step in and make drinks for the guests, you know there's a problem. 

And Lauren may suck at hand signals, but give the girl some credit for popping a dislocated shoulder back into place!

• Love 11
9 hours ago, BogoGog24 said:

I was confused by the whole Lauren anchoring thing. Why were they having her do it when she said she didn't know how? I didn't understand that part. It was like details were edited out or something, it made no sense to me. 

I felt like Captain Lee intentionally had her do it, knowing that she couldn't. I assumed he feels that every one of the deckhands SHOULD know how to do it, and was thus proving some kind of point to Kelley. 

7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Kelley is being ridiculous when he describes Sierra as stab you in the middle of the night crazy. Sierra doesn't seem to really be malicious and she's dumber than she is crazy. If she stabs you in the middle of the night, it's because she brought fruit, a knife, a cutting board, and a juicer in the bed in case you got thirsty during or after sex. Or she was making a salad for dinner tomorrow.

I agree. Sierra's SMILE is a bit crazy looking. But she's done nothing to indicate that she is actually crazy. She is definitely a few cards short of a deck, and I could totally see her accidentally stabbing someone while trying to cut up a pineapple. But I don't think she's a sociopath or anything. I think Kelley was going overboard with his comments about Sierra because she might actually be showing some interest in Kyle, whereas Emily appears to be nicely tolerating Kelley. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Nanu160 said:

Also why does Ro dress like a Roadie for Black Sabbath.

Perfect description. Ro was like a sex-crazed octopus all over Kate, I'm mildly surprised that the guys found her attractive but it must be a combination of the 2-girl+ new-girl thing. Seeing her in the flesh gives me serious thought about her and Kate's situation but I'll find the right thread to chat about that. Kelley was even more awkward than before, I don't find it endearing anymore but annoying. Poor Emily. Sierra reaching for the huge bottle of actual painkillers to pass out to the guests was a hoot! Captain's expert blender skills were most impressive. 

How did the crew immediately know that Lauren was the one who could replace a shoulder? Is that a thing one puts on a resume for deck-work? Or required to have at least one person qualified to do so on board? So curious about that. 

• Love 10

Ooh it was kind of fun seeing Capt Lee getting pissy. He means business, doesn't he? Kelley arguing over whether the windows were dirty on the inside or outside just made him look so so stupid. Does this guy have any self awareness about how he comes off? 

I agreed with the comments Captain Lee made, as being new to the Boson position, Kelley should be working hard and going above and beyond to prove himself.  I am floored he would even argue back "It's not my job" to the Captain.  Wo boy!  Here is yacht dynamics with the type of Chief Stew he has on board: Kelly should be doing the windows and if in fact that is interiors job he will have shamed Kate, who will be miffed that he had to step in and do her job.  Bottom line is they should be getting done.  I would have been ticked too if I were Captain Lee.

The exercise with Lauren was to show Kelley that he was not leading or training his crew well enough.  You can't always be out there and do it for them, you have to be managing competent crew, I think that was the intended lesson.

Even though Ben was real salty this episode, I have to agree that the PDA was revolting. I was eye-rolling at the constant texting. If I were Ben, that phone might have ended up 100 knots underwater.

Seriously - like I would loooove to see how Kate would react if one of her Stews (picture Kat or Amy) had their phone with them in the galley texting and face timing.  ??

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, rho said:

Quick sidenote, how has everyone here seen Kelley's dick? I feel like I'm missing something...

Google "Kelley Johnson naked" and scroll.

12 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

Because not everyone reads tabloids, discussing what is currently happening on the show is relevant.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Google "Kelley Johnson naked" and scroll.

shantbaby.gif

Gross! I thought maybe something got passed the sensors. Hard pass.

Edited by rho
  • Love 1

" the so-called near-death experience of the guests; is it me, or is it unclear what even happened, aside from one of the souses cutting her foot on some coral"

They almost ran over the two daughters with the boat. Remember that the boat has a sharp propeller that can cut you to ribbons. The young women also could have hit their heads on the underside of the boat and been knocked unconscious.

A childhood friend died from a head injury like that, although he wasn't wearing a life vest when he fell out of a moving boat and hit his head. I've also seen several people cut by propellers. Horrible stuff.

Years ago, I was diving and had to take a decompression stop about 10 ft below the surface. There was a little buoy with a dive flag over us. A boat operator for some reason decided to slalom around the dive flag or something rather than avoiding us. Luckily we were floating face down with our tanks upwards. The bottom of the boat and the prop grazed our tanks and sent us spinning. Left marks in the metal of the tanks. Seriously scary stuff. If we'd been face up, we could have died that day.

• Love 6