Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Hair Models and Filthy Martinis

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Kelley makes a decision on how to proceed with Trevor. The new charter guests prove to be a handful with a very pampered poodle. Ben and Kate clash again, while Kelley continues to deal with Trevor's poor attitude. Meanwhile, Kelley gets a call from a loved one and Trevor proves old habits die hard during the crew's second night out.

13 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Is it wrong that I found sweaty, pissed Kelly rather appealing?

And I could watch Kate and Ben as The Bickersons all damn day!

I like that Kelley much better than the Kelley who makes awkward comments about "rich girls" who would never marry a "guy like him" or makes weird sighing noises about women smiling at him. I think Kelley is extremely attractive until he interacts with women.  Then he walks a line between pathetic and creepily childish  

1 minute ago, tinaw said:

Did Sierra seriously ask the guest if he wanted alcohol In his Gin and Tonic?

I see conflict between Kate and Sierra in the very near future

This moment made me laugh out loud for literally 15 seconds. She was so genuine in her question and the guest was so genuinely like "uhhh da fuck?"  It was perfection! 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, tinaw said:

Did Sierra seriously ask the guest if he wanted alcohol In his Gin and Tonic?

I see conflict between Kate and Sierra in the very near future

Sierra is dumb.  Giving Captain Lee coffee with an unopened sugar packet in it, scorching the bed sheets ......

• Like 1
  • Love 8

"I'm the last one to get involved in drama" - the refrain of every Bachelor franchise contestant before picking a tequila-and-tear drenched fight, and apparently cross-eyed senior deckhands.

I have faith in OG Below Deck to not do me like the Med season did, ratcheting up my blood pressure once weekly without any satisfying conclusion. I predict in 1-3 episodes, Trevor will go down in a giant inferno, and it will be so worth having to endure Trevor. Also, I'm personally kinda cynical about certain attitudes here in the States about patriotism and the military, but this tact of using "Marine" as a pejorative against Kelley is mind-bogglingly stupid and awful. He calls him 'PTSD-ed' next week???? 

I like that Kate and Ben could basically laugh off their fight and reset, but it's tiring. This show has Ben fatigue at this point...I'd like to see him take a season off, and maybe they can cast someone who isn't a heel (Leon) so we can see how a different chef works out. Or, if they do a Med season two, definitely leave him out of it.

• Love 7

Oh Sierra, the lights are on but no one's home. Remembering to turn off an iron ... or take the fabric away from the hot iron ... is hard? 

I'm confused. In what world is "a late dinner" 6 o'clock? That's ... normal dinnertime. I'm going to agree with Ben. I'd expect to eat anywhere between then and 8, and if dinner was closer to 6 then maybe a midnight snack around 10 or 11 (depending on when I was thinking about heading to bed). I don't think I'd ever expect two full meals in the span of 4 hours.

I wonder if the guests could really hear Ben and Kate fight. I'd say no, except Kelley made an explicit comment about  closing the galley door. But isn't the kitchen on the lower level with the crew rooms? Why would the guests be anywhere near there? But Kate-gone-lesbian or not, she and Ben still fight like a married couple.

I like the way Kelley is dealing with Trevor so far. I can't imagine how former-Kelley would have dealt with the douchey attitude. It's nice to see Kelley stepping up and taking his bosun job seriously. I had to laugh at Trevor's opinion that Kelley is the problem - dude, Nico and Lauren have no problem with him. You have problems with him and Nico and Lauren. Seems like the problem lies with you.

Trevor, Trevor, Trevor. If you want respect, respect your coworkers first. Don't lord your "senior deckhand" status or "more experience" over people and expect them to respect you. Stop being a super mega douche. Did Trevor volunteer himself for shots? Come on, man. That's Captain Lee's number one rule. Emily should definitely tell ... someone. Especially if Trevor is offering himself up for shots. Holding his liquor well? Definitely not. He's a super sloppy drunk.

Best part of the episode (outside of Ben and Kate bickering) was Ben's look of disdain to Trevor about his drinking and then tossing Trevor's drink away.

Amy's dating a captain? You go, Amy!

Edited by McManda
  • Love 9

From the start Trevor has been like one of the characters from The Omen whose pictures appear with a black mark signifying their quick, impending death. So I'm thinking next week is drink, fight, flood, Captain Lee foretelling Trevor's doom and the following week is firing and bringing back a BD alumnus?

And I'm with QuinnM - on television or in print Trevor will only & always be Senor Deckhand to me. 

Edited by chick binewski
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

"I'm the last one to get involved in drama" - the refrain of every Bachelor franchise contestant before picking a tequila-and-tear drenched fight, and apparently cross-eyed senior deckhands.

I have faith in OG Below Deck to not do me like the Med season did, ratcheting up my blood pressure once weekly without any satisfying conclusion. I predict in 1-3 episodes, Trevor will go down in a giant inferno, and it will be so worth having to endure Trevor. Also, I'm personally kinda cynical about certain attitudes here in the States about patriotism and the military, but this tact of using "Marine" as a pejorative against Kelley is mind-bogglingly stupid and awful. He calls him 'PTSD-ed' next week???? 

I'm really hoping that when Trevor gets a ticket home it's by way of Coto de Caza Orange County California. There is s reasonably well off equally delusional cougar who needs her love tank filled.

Go back to the Marines guy who put his life in danger to protect others. Sick burn Trevor. Now that Trevor demonstrated that he thinks criticizing someone's tattoo is an innocuous comment, but being a military veteran is a pejorative, I think there is a whole list of statements that will not be taken as Trevor meant them too:

• I'm going to shred her pussy on the fucking rocks so hard my dick's going to get crabs.
  • Go back to teaching the next generation teacher. In your face!
  • Why don't you leave and go back to providing medical treatment and saving people's lives health care professional. Get out of my face.
  • Why don't you go back to being first on the scene when there is an accident, emergency, or disaster first responder. Loser!

Dude is such a fucking mess.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, beesknees said:

Sierra is dumb.  Giving Captain Lee coffee with an unopened sugar packet in it, scorching the bed sheets ......

Something is seriously off. She seemed really broken up about her father when she was talking with Emily, but that smile never went away when she was talking on camera after. Sierra is still 100x less annoying than Rocky and Slightly less annoying than Season 1 Kat.

54 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Trevor may go down in a literal inferno if those clips of a fire in the series preview are right.

• Love 5

The best part, by far, of this episode was Trevor losing his "senior" chyron. The only improvement would have been the sound effect of a balloon deflating. I can't stand the kid. Episode 3 and he's 1000% more pathetic than entertaining. I think Kelley is certainly redeeming himself after his appalling previous appearance, but I agree that listening to him talk about girls is borderline creepy. I don't need to hear that it's been "five months." Chill dude.

• Love 15

I'm probably the only one who thinks this but I'll say it: Trevor could actually be cute if he... I don't know... tried to act like a normal human? Yeah he's a bit doofy looking but if he had a sweet, down to earth personality like Nico I think most people could look past that. But his attitude, personality, and drinking just make him so unattractive. 

I agree the editors are clearly having lots of fun with him this season. The removal of "senior" from his title was so savage!

Kelley is doing a good job handling the senior dickhead. But he needs to STFU already about "it's been 5 months." We don't need nor want to hear about it!

The dog was so cute! But I couldn't help thinking that poor creature probably just wants a normal life that does not include wearing tuxedos on a yacht. 

OMG Sierra is a perfectly pleasant person but god is she dumb. I have her the benefit of the doubt with the missed plane, the poor math skills, the oversleeping, and the sugar packet, but the burned sheets and asking if the guy wanted alcohol in his gin and tonic... Let's just say it's a good thing she's pretty. That's probably how she has gotten this far in life. 

I was distracted and missed the part about her dad so will have to rewatch but that may be the reason she smiles all the time because she could possibly have depression from it and is covering it up by smiling all the time. Just a theory. I hope that maybe she is just a naturally happy gal or something and doesn't have depression or some other problem. She may be painfully dumb but at least she makes the effort and does her job with a smile. 

Every time Kate wants to argue with Ben she should remember how horrible it was working with Leon last season. Ben is a walk in the park by comparison. He does always seem annoyed when he has to cook though, like isn't that what you're there for? LOL 

Emily doesn't have to tell anyone about Trevor's drinking. It's all caught on film so Trevor can bury himself. I think I would have probably done the same in her position TBH, I would feel like a snitch for telling plus it is all on film so Lee will find out anyway. But if it happened more than once then I would probably say something to Kelley. 

• Love 4

Trevor's comments deriding Kelley as a Marine (particularly in next week's preview) pissed me the fuck off.  Im a proud left wing liberal with a brother that has served in the Army for just under 30 years.  The notion that anyone would imply that someone's service in the military is something to look down upon is unbelievable.  And Trevor if Kelley wanted to, he would kick your ass to hell and back.   I'm inclined to think that Trevor gets his plane ticket next week.  

And good on Ben for taking offense to Trevor calling Kate a bitch and saying so.  

Kate is right....in ten years, Nico is going to be one handsome dude.

• Love 12

Yes, kadooz to the person typing the chyrons. I also loved Nico's "Friend."

Everyone makes mistakes but Sierra's TEE HEE HEE I MADE A BOO BOO AND FORGOT TO TURN THE IRON OFF, WHOOPSIES! has to be put on.... Right? RIGHT?

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Yes, kadooz to the person typing the chyrons. I also loved Nico's "Friend."

Everyone makes mistakes but Sierra's TEE HEE HEE I MADE A BOO BOO AND FORGOT TO TURN THE IRON OFF, WHOOPSIES! has to be put on.... Right? RIGHT?

Hee.  Love you for the reference ....  Kadooz indeed ;)    OMG - those @#$%$ swings at the bar.  Is it just me or is that THE WORST EFFING IDEA / LAWSUIT WAITING TO HAPPEN for the owner(s) of said bar?   I.just.don't.get.it.   And I am not a small business owner.

Looks like the Paul Mitchell Hair Model / Senor Deck Hand is getting his walking papers (a.k.a. - plane ticket home courtesy of Captain Lee Air Lines) next week?  We shall have to see ....

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 6

I don't get Ben's attitude at all. If I were a guest paying $50k (or however much) for a 2 day charter, and arriving at noon on the first day, I would definitely expect 2 meals that day. For Ben to think he could get away with serving 1 meal at 4 pm is just crazy. 

• Like 1
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

This show has Ben fatigue at this point...I'd like to see him take a season off, and maybe they can cast someone who isn't a heel (Leon) so we can see how a different chef works out. Or, if they do a Med season two, definitely leave him out of it.

I like Ben but I am sick of him now. I hope they finf a different cook for the next season. Med or otherwise.

• Love 4

I am so over Ben, it's not because of how he and Kate dealt with each other they have an sibling/old married couple vibe except they have fucked in the last two years, it's that he appeared to do all the freaking clams and mussels for the clam bake on board and then reheated them in the fire on the beach that shellfish isn't tasting good and will be rubbery and there is absolutely no reason for it because it would take 10 minutes to cook them fresh on the beach!

Though his absolute disdain for Trevor makes me think we are not seeing half of Trevor's bullshit. He has never met a hated ostrasized crew member that he wouldn't randomly stick up for but he clearly cannot stand to talk talk to Trevor for more than a minute. I seriously think that he hates that Kate is all zen with Sierra so she can't be the incompetent crew member that he fights for against the rest of the crew even when they aren't doing their job!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5

I think I know what Trevor's problem is.  Not to mean, but let's be honest, the dude is cross eyed.  He probably got picked on of a lot when he was younger.  Now he's got a serious complex and he's doing everything he can to prove that he's a cool guy......I'm senior deckhand, I have cool tattoos, I'm senior deckhand, I was a hair model, I'm senior deckhand, I can drink a whole bottle of booze and it won't affect me, I'm senior deckhand.  I don't care, I still think he's a major douche, I can't stand him and I hope the Captain fires his ass right quick!

Edited by Sai
  • Love 13

I agree about the being picked on thing, either that or he never had a lot of friends because he was ALWAYS this dickish and is now trying to compensate. I'd almost feel bad for him. But he just has no self awareness at all. Some of this HAS to be for TV, right? Aside from the attitude and personality, I think he's clearly got a drinking problem and hopefully Capt Lee gives him the boot soon so the guy can get some real help. 

Yes I also appreciated Ben sticking up for Kate in that instance where Trevor called her a bitch. I generally don't like men using that term towards women especially since Kate and Trevor barely know each other and Kate is in a higher authority. Not cool. 

Senor Deckhand makes fun of Kelley being in the Marines next week? I must have missed that part. His douchebaggery knows no bounds. I hope Kelley tells him that he fought for Trevor's right to spout off all the crap he does. 

• Love 7

Well, these guests weren't too bad. They seemed to be pretty low key, minus the dog. I did wonder where the dog was going potty on the yacht. When they showed his owners taking him off to the beach, I had to wonder - were they doing that EVERY time? Or did they have a potty area set up on board somewhere? 

Kate and Ben's fight - I love Ben. He's a dude after my own OCD, control freak heart. But even *I* thought he needed to chill last night. The clam bake was at 4. Is it unreasonable to think the guests would want to eat again that evening? I don't think so. We've seen before that dinner is often served around 9. So a hour difference sounds about right. What's the big deal? I get that he just wanted to KNOW. I'm the same way. But he also REALLY seemed to want to get out of cooking again, and that just didn't make sense to me, given that seems to be a common meal time for guests. (Not me, dinner is at 5:30 and I'm lucky if I'm still awake at 9!)

I did like seeing him and Kate make up, though. I don't get old married couple vibes from them, more like brother-sister vibes. But I prefer when they're bantering about serving a fine dinner to a dog, rather than arguing about actually serving the guests. No matter who was at fault, they should not have engaged each other and raised their voices where the guests could hear. TWICE. Thankfully these guests seemed pretty chill, but they knew the fighting was about them and that is really not cool. 

Kelley and Trevor - I thought Kelley handled him perfectly in the beginning. But then it just seemed like he was looking for reasons to call Trevor out. Look, Trevor sucks at life. Every little thing he does is done in a douchey way. So you really just need to pick your battles. 

I do love how Trevor has bragged about holding his liquor, but this is the second time we've seen him shit-faced drunk, while everyone else seems nicely buzzed, but in control. He's so pathetic. 

Sierra...wow. Homegirl is slow. She cannot figure out how an iron could burn a sheet, and didn't know that gin was alcohol. I'd be afraid to leave her alone for 5 minutes. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, BogoGog24 said:

I'd almost feel bad for him. But he just has no self awareness at all.

I agree.  Trevor was certainly being a dick at the bar but when Ben and Kate were on the swing and shooing him away like an annoying gnat? I gave the Bad Hair Twins the side eye for acting like mean toddlers on a swingset.

I don't like people like Trevor and I don't like exclusionary wankers like Ben and Kate, either.  Something tells me Ben and Kate have acted like that before to people far less deserving of that treatment than Trevor.  Like, people they find less than attractive. Or not as smart as they think they, themselves, are. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ketose said:

Something is seriously off. She seemed really broken up about her father when she was talking with Emily, but that smile never went away when she was talking on camera after.

Eh. I'm in my early 30s and both of my parents are dead--my father died when I was a bit younger than Sierra was when her father died. Sometimes people ask about it, or I need to tell them for some reason, but I don't want to get into it. So I talk about it in a way that seems a bit blase. It's an attempt to say, "But it's cool, I'm fine, you don't have to ask me if I'm OK and we don't need to dwell on it, let's just move on." For me, I'm trying to make other people feel comfortable with it so we don't have to spend the next 20 min talking about it awkwardly. I could imagine doing the same thing in an on-camera interview, trying to look normal (which, for Sierra, is smiling), because we all know that producers are trying to get these people to crack.

• Love 7

In what universe does being a "Paul Mitchell hair model" qualify you to style someone else's hair?  Dude, if even true, your stupid Mr. Potato Head just sat there while a professional tried not to laugh at you and/or vomit at your remarks while doing your hair.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

In what universe does being a "Paul Mitchell hair model" qualify you to style someone else's hair?  Dude, if even true, your stupid Mr. Potato Head just sat there while a professional tried not to laugh at you and/or vomit at your remarks while doing your hair.

It's like  no one can defind the hot mess that is Kate's hair but when that dick was speaks about the universe unites.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Kate and Ben's fight - I love Ben. He's a dude after my own OCD, control freak heart. But even *I* thought he needed to chill last night. The clam bake was at 4. Is it unreasonable to think the guests would want to eat again that evening? I don't think so.

I didn't think it was about him not wanting to serve them again after the clambake. 

He asked Kate to merely say "Early Dinner".  Which would indicate the big meal.  I agreed with him because is it really necessary to do two 6+ course dinners in one day? 

Had Kate just said 'Early Dinner', the guests (psychologically) would be thinking the clambake was the big meal and been happy with the 9 p.m. tapas (like they were) and Ben and Kate's fight would have never happened nor been brought to the guests' attention.

It was such a small thing.  Two words:  Early Dinner.  I understood where Ben was coming from.

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, fifty8th said:

I'm wondering if next weeks potential firing is actually Sierra and not Trevor, previews are always misleading and she has had a few screw ups so far. That said I really hope it is Trevor.

I don't know, Lee seemed amused enough with the sugar packet incident. Sierra is dim, but she's not angry, malicious, or dangerous and the guests seem to like her. Trevor is combative, drunk, and cocky. Of the two, Lee seems to not tolerate the latter. 

Editing is tricky, but I'd be surprised if anyone other than Trevor got a ticket home. Nico, maybe, if he gets pushed too far and lashes out in some extraordinary manner, but that's about it. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, ryebread said:

didn't think it was about him not wanting to serve them again after the clambake. 

He asked Kate to merely say "Early Dinner".  Which would indicate the big meal.  I agreed with him because is it really necessary to do two 6+ course dinners in one day? 

Had Kate just said 'Early Dinner', the guests (psychologically) would be thinking the clambake was the big meal and been happy with the 9 p.m. tapas (like they were) and Ben and Kate's fight would have never happened nor been brought to the guests' attention.

It was such a small thing.  Two words:  Early Dinner.  I understood where Ben was coming from.

I do see what you're saying, and I agree that there was a communication breakdown between them. But I think Ben was pushing her to discuss it with the guests immediately, and she didn't want to do that while they were eating. I think he just wanted to KNOW, so he could go back to the boat and prepare (mentally and/or literally). I get it, because I am just like Ben. I don't like things up in the air. I need to know what I'm doing. 

But I also did get the impression that he didn't WANT to cook a big meal again. I didn't think the clambake WAS a six course meal. Not saying the late meal needed to be huge either, but it's not uncommon for charter guests to eat that late. 

I think it was probably a mix of both, honestly. But they definitely should have calmed their discussion down and taken it far away from the guests. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, ilovetrashtv said:

I don't get Ben's attitude at all. If I were a guest paying $50k (or however much) for a 2 day charter, and arriving at noon on the first day, I would definitely expect 2 meals that day. For Ben to think he could get away with serving 1 meal at 4 pm is just crazy. 

I think they were both being stubborn and pissy with each other. It's like they were intentionally trying to misunderstand. I think if both were being reasonable, they could say "the clam bake is the big meal; we'll do a lighter snack in the later evening, right?"

3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I am so over Ben, it's not because of how he and Kate dealt with each other they have an sibling/old married couple vibe except they have fucked in the last two years, it's that he appeared to do all the freaking clams and mussels for the clam bake on board and then reheated them in the fire on the beach that shellfish isn't tasting good and will be rubbery and there is absolutely no reason for it because it would take 10 minutes to cook them fresh on the beach!

No kidding, that seafood would have been murdered by the time the guests got it. What a *terrible* way to do a clam bake.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, dleighg said:

No kidding, that seafood would have been murdered by the time the guests got it. What a *terrible* way to do a clam bake.

And while we're talking about LESS than five star service, Kate handing the guests' drinks to them on the beach by the rims was just gross. 

In college I waitressed at a crappy dive bar and even they taught us you don't touch the rim of a glass.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, fifty8th said:

I'm wondering if next weeks potential firing is actually Sierra and not Trevor, previews are always misleading and she has had a few screw ups so far. That said I really hope it is Trevor.

I think everyone except for Trevor wants it to be Trevor. I think they are both problematic for different reasons. Trevor is terrible for crew morale and cohesion. Sierra is so dim that she's causing extra work for the crew including extra monitoring to make sure that she doesn't fuck something up seriously. Imagine how pissed the boat owner would be at the end of this abbreviated season when he or she has spend an extra thousand dollars on sheets because Sierra burned a ton of them.

4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Though his absolute disdain for Trevor makes me think we are not seeing half of Trevor's bullshit. He has never met a hated ostrasized crew member that he wouldn't randomly stick up for but he clearly cannot stand to talk talk to Trevor for more than a minute. I seriously think that he hates that Kate is all zen with Sierra so she can't be the incompetent crew member that he fights for against the rest of the crew even when they aren't doing their job!

I think Ben has an issue with Trevor being a superior colossal dick to everyone. In the past, it felt like Ben's pity projects had issues with some of the crew, but not all of them. Trevor is hated by the entire crew. I also think that everyone is sort of shocked about how openly Trevor shirks work right in front of captain Lee.

The clam bake. Blerg. The crew really needed to start that fire first in the set up for the clam bake if they were planning on doing it correctly. If they had a really good raging fire, Ben could have loaded up the pot with all of the uncooked ingredients, stuck it in the fire, and in no time they'd be ready to go. That whole cook in the galley reheat on the beach was a terrible solution.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ilovetrashtv said:

Exactly.  If I'm ever an invited guest on someone's private yacht and they pull out the stops for a big rigamarole clambake on the beach at 4 p.m, I'm not going to get too exercised about whether they put out a late night repast.  Maybe I can find a bag of chips in the pantry if I get hungry.

But for a paying charter guest, it's not out of line to expect the lavish food service to be a BIG part of the package.   The chef taking your temperature on what kind of "tapas" he can slide by with--pretty transparent.

Also, for me--and this may just be me--the flies turned that clambake into a big fat goose egg.  Did you see those things?  Some of them were trapped with the veggies under the dishtowel draped over the platter.  Gross!  Flies crawling all over the food = disgusting.  I would have pried the four ounces of meat out of my spiny lobster tail and dashed into the ocean.

If the flyswarm meant the clambake wasn't the A1 event it was supposed to be, Ben was there to see that.  Even if it wasn't his fault, I'm disappointed he didn't go back and make them a really lovely "something en croute with madeira sauce."   (Hello, tip envelope.)

2 hours ago, ryebread said:

I agreed with him because is it really necessary to do two 6+ course dinners in one day? 

Ben?  That'll be the day.

Edited by candall
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

But I think Ben was pushing her to discuss it with the guests immediately, and she didn't want to do that while they were eating.

I don't think Ben wanted her to discuss it with them.  Just to put it in their heads by mentioning that dinner was the clambake.  As in, "We know you're probably hungry so we'll be serving an early dinner on the beach. A clambake! It's going to be marvelous!"

But yeah, the way the whole thing was handled smelled like rotten clams.  I'm pretty sure the Captain didn't know that Kate threw Ben under the bus by saying what she did to the guests at the table.  That was probably the most unprofessional thing I've ever seen her do to GUESTS.  Plenty of rotten behavior to the crew but to the guests?  I hope when Lee saw that, he got adequately pissed and will address it at the reunion.  Unless Kate does worse this season in comparison.... I just want her to be called out because imo, she slides on way too much.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I don't think Ben wanted her to discuss it with them.  Just to put it in their heads by mentioning that dinner was the clambake.  As in, "We know you're probably hungry so we'll be serving an early dinner on the beach. A clambake! It's going to be marvelous!"

But yeah, the way the whole thing was handled smelled like rotten clams.  I'm pretty sure the Captain didn't know that Kate threw Ben under the bus by saying what she did to the guests at the table.  That was probably the most unprofessional thing I've ever seen her do to GUESTS.  Plenty of rotten behavior to the crew but to the guests?  I hope when Lee saw that, he got adequately pissed and will address it at the reunion.  Unless Kate does worse this season in comparison.... I just want her to be called out because imo, she slides on way too much.

Wait the guest6sheard their multiple arguments at the beach and before dinner and she responded in a nice joking manner. Even Ben, as he always does realized that he went over the line and it annoyed him when he didn't get a rise out of Kate. It also wasn't six plus courses, as noted above that clam bake was one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen from a professional chef. Her joke even resulted in Ben actually stepping it up for breakfast and making a hybrid dish that was neither Eggs Benedict or Florentine but at least managed to  please the guests on the first try and he did it without bitching about it, two things that seldom happen when he makes breakfast.

I can legit eat clams, mussels and lobsters all day  everyday but on their second night Ben basically made the exact same meal from the clam bake substituing asparagus for the corn and adding risotto. He was being a diva tool but luckily Trevor is on the boat so he isn't the biggest dickwad.

I am loving zen Kate who won't take Ben's bait and gives Sierra constructive criticism but I know one of those two things are going to break her soon and she will explode. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7

I have heard of dirty martini's but are filthy martini's really a thing? You can tell I don't drink much!

Those charter guests were nice people. People with money that actually had class. Not like most of the other charters.  Really disappointed Ben and Kate were fighting so loudly the guests could hear them. I hope that was only for the show drama. 

When the captain was giving out the tip money, he said it wasn't the biggest they ever had...I was thinking it was only a 2 day charter, they expected more than $1,000 each?  

Scupper, you adorable thing, you!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

I have heard of dirty martini's but are filthy martini's really a thing? You can tell I don't drink much!

Those charter guests were nice people. People with money that actually had class. Not like most of the other charters.  Really disappointed Ben and Kate were fighting so loudly the guests could hear them. I hope that was only for the show drama. 

Scupper, you adorable thing, you!

Yes: "The dirty martini becomes filthy by replacing the olive and its juice with a caperberry and brine."

I liked the guests too - they were polite and one of the men offered to clean up Scupper's vomit and was reaching for the paper towels when Emily went to do it.

That pool thing was not what I expected. I'd prefer the slide from the other boat.

• Love 8