Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Everything's Coming Up Lucifer

Lucifer is distracted by his mother’s escape from hell, as he and Chloe investigate the murder of a stand-in actress. Meanwhile, Chloe’s faith in Lucifer is tested by the new medical examiner, Ella. Also, Amenadiel hopes to rein in Lucifer’s wild side, as they both deal with the absence of Maze.

Why does Fox do these screwy scheduling moves???  UGH!

Aside from that, definitely agree, no second season slump yet!  I expect they knew exactly what song Lucifer was singing and it was a nudge nudge wink wink, as they are prone to give now and then.  

A very good job of introducing the elements from last year and launching the tone for the first half of this year.  I actually like the perspective Ella brings but I hope they use her sparingly.  And I have to go back and admit it, Chloe and Lauren have definitely grown on me.  The facepalming when he fired off the taser a second time ... yep, Chloe, that's your partner.

Amenadial and Maze were on point and omg how cute were Maze and Linda at the end??  All these characters have such fascinating strengths and flaws and the writers still seem to be on point with that.  I hope it keeps up!!

• Love 9

I need my Trixie fix.  Tonight was awesome.  Dan was... there.  Maze was adorable getting some light torture on.  Amenadiel was losing his stuff, but Lucifer's still got it.  The new M.E. was cool and Jessica Sula was smoking hot.  But.  I need my Trixie fix.

• Love 5

WHOOOP! They're back! So much to enjoy, but I confess to a "what the f*ckity f*ck" when they said two weeks until the next episode. I'm already delighted that they chose to introduce Mum in a state of disarray, because it's a nice tweak on entering this universe as opposed to an automatic state of destruction. And I like how this entry allows for some interaction before (as I guess), Mum turns into what Luci has feared. I'm intrigued by Amenadude's loss of powers-- first Lucifer and now his (delightfully) complicit brother. Good step, show.

Is it just me, who has issues with Chloe but wants her to warrant her role, or did she take a tertiary seat in this episode? Yes, lead woman in the show, but maybe a step behind the development of the supernatural, where I would like her to be until either she is written as interestingly as Luci/Maze/Amenadude or until she's in on the secret.

And super YAY for Maze and Linda-- this is how the good doctor stays in the central discussion as Lucifer gets more wrapped up in the Mum drama.

Overall, delighted with the start to Season 2!

I am so glad this show is back and that we're getting a full season.

I'm not completely sold on the M.E. yet. She seems interesting, but in small doses. 

What is causing Amenadude's abilities to go all glitchy? Did I miss something?

So Dan steals a weapon out of lockup and gets a two-day suspension/demotion? Lame.

I half-expected Trixie to show up at Lux with Maze and Dr. Linda.

Was tonight's episode brought to us by the Electroshock Weapons lobby?

• Love 2

I'm wondering if "Dad" is mad at Amenadude, and is thus decreasing his powers... after all, it was on his watch that Mum escaped.  It would be an interesting way to emphasize Lucifer's theme that Dear Old Dad did him wrong for a minor infraction-- if, in fact, Mum escaped when Amenadude was recovering from a stabbing by a demon blade forged in Hell.  

Also hoping, like storyskip, that they use Ella sparingly.  But so far, I like her frankness, and her ability to speak to the faith question independent of the supernaturals. 

• Love 1

I'm so happy and giddy this show is back. It took the first 20 minutes to get back into it, but now I'm obsessed all over again. I loved the humour, the interactions, the singing! Maze! The only thing missing was Trixie. I'm still so excited, I don't know how I'll fall asleep, heh.

Edited by jewel21
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

I barked out a laugh at the final musical montage.

Do you think they realized Lucifer was singing the cylon introduction music?

I think it was absolutely intentional.  The song leading up to Tricia Helfer's first moments just happens to be the same song that proved to be vital to the survival of the humans and cylons on the show that made her a legend among nerds?  No way.  Someone in the Lucifer offices (showrunner, director, musical director, Tricia herself) was paying homage in the best way.  I about fell out of my chair when I realized that's what was playing.  Luci doing the playing/singing was a nice touch though I would also have accepted Bear's BSG version because it kicks ass.

This is what a season premiere should be.  I'm super pumped about what comes next while also enjoying what happened in the actual episode.  I can't wait to see Mum opposite everyone and I'm particularly interested in seeing Maze's story unfold.  I loved her look of genuine delight when Linda found her at the club and I hope we also get some good scenes with Trixie.  Maze is just awesome and I'm glad she's getting her own plot this season. 

• Love 2

Worst thing about this hour was finding out the next episode won't be till another two weeks?  What kind of weird-ass scheduling are you running here, FOX?

Besides that, I thought it was a fun return.  I liked how pretty much the entire cast is back, and all seemed to have a moment or two to shine, with the possible exception of Dan who didn't have much to do, but I have a feeling he'll end up becoming a bigger part later on.  Well, I guess no Trixie either, which hopefully is only temporary, since she is actually one of the better child characters out there on television.

The case of the week was fun, even though I figured it was going to be the victim's landlady or whatever, as soon as she appeared.  She just gave off a vibe that made me not trust her.  But Lucifer and Chloe continue to crack me up.  And I still like that it isn't just Lucifer being the greatest, but Chloe does do good police work as well.  But nothing can top Lucifer tasing the killer again, and Chloe face-palming over it.

Amendial losing his powers is interesting.  

Maze is back!  And is getting help from Linda too!  But she's still Maze!  But I still am rooting for her and Amendial to work it out.

Not sure what to make of Ella.  She was getting close to bein the obnoxious, quirky forensic character that appears on a lot of procedurals, but I did like her being religious, but willing to question her believes.  And I do like Aimee Garcia.

Lucifer's mother is in the house!  I guess if you need a body, you can't go wrong with Tricia Helfer!

Overall, great return and a lot of fun character interaction.  Hopefully, they will keep it up and not falter like a certain other former fun Fox show did in its second season.

The two week break though is still so, so stupid.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Zipper said:

I'm wondering if "Dad" is mad at Amenadude, and is thus decreasing his powers... after all, it was on his watch that Mum escaped.  It would be an interesting way to emphasize Lucifer's theme that Dear Old Dad did him wrong for a minor infraction-- if, in fact, Mum escaped when Amenadude was recovering from a stabbing by a demon blade forged in Hell.  

I'm in the line of thinking that as well.  But not so mad about the escape but of his slipping morals since he was sent to Los Angeles.  He's been less angelic and doesn't deserve his gifts so they are being taken away. 

• Love 3

The biggest disappointment for me too was hearing "in 2 weeks." I wonder why ?Fox shows baseball playoff/ the world series but that's in October.

This was a good start. Ella didn't annoy me (yet), Dr. Linda was in more than one scene and Lucifer had lines that made me laugh. I do really hope that Chloe finds out soon. I got distracted during Two scenes, did his disappearing from the finale get brought up by Chloe and missed it? Get it over with, Show!

Edited by Gigi43

Tonight makes me wonder just what the actual physical range is in terms of Chloe being Lucifer's 'kryptonite'.  I could understand if they were in the same room, or on the same open floor of a building, but through walls and everything?  Can't wait for that to finally get fully explained.

I'm of two minds about Chloe finding out the truth about it all.  On one hand, the longer it takes reflects poorly on her and her deductive reasoning skills, but at the same time, its kind of fun watching him hide nothing and she still refuses to believe it.   I think that I'll feel that they should have her find out by this season's finale, though.  Two full seasons should be enough of an adequate lead-in to the reveal.

Liking how Amenadiel (sorry, Amenadude) started out as a total douche and is now like the overly protective 'older' brother of Lucifer and sadly separated with but has strong emotional feelings for Maze.  While I want to see more and more supernatural things and that side to the already introduced supernatural beings - and some more hints/displays of darkness overall in the show - I find the 'humanizing' of the L/M/A characters to be strangely very compelling.

Are the Ella and Trixie actresses related (mostly joking)?  I am imagining in my head that when she gets to be 12-15 years older, 'Trixie' will look quite similar to the way 'Ella' does now.  In fact, while catching glimpses of a trailer [and this scene must be in the next episode or two], but I was thinking Ella was Trixie, only looking a bit more aged than last saw her in the S1 finale.  That said, first impressions make Ella seem a bit flighty.

Dr Linda and her scenes shouldn't be this good, compared to everything else.  Big shout out to Rachael Harris for the job she does with the character.

Detective Douche sure came back quick, especially after just a couple of days!?  [that is what Chloe said about the time difference of seeing Lucifer shot, covered in blood, and now completely fine, right?]  I don't care either way about him, but the less screen-time he has the better (usually).

Was I imagining things, or when 'Mum' stumbled out of the elevator, she was holding the blood-test stick & container that Chloe threw away?

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

First, I give credit for the obvious little nods to so many of us.  TPTB didn't just run off half-cocked to whatever cray cray thing they felt like doing.  I appreciate they went to such lengths to give Chloe plausible deniability as to Luci's true nature.  Good on them for honoring its audience.

Now, I haaaaaaated that the angels and demon will now have or have not superpowers on a writer's whim.  I hate that Maze is being given even more "layers."  Why can't we just have a bad ass being a bad ass just because she is a bad ass?  What is up with softening edges?  What part of "DEMON" do I miss?  Empathy?  Self-awareness?  She's a DEMON.  Ugh.

Tom shows much more age than the intervening few months since we last saw him.  The super loose wardrobe for Chloe is ridiculous.  What are they hiding?  LG looked almost emaciated to me.  Her facial skin tone was unusual - bad fake tanning?  

Loved seeing the Lucimobile in action.  Glad to have the show back, all in all.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

The super loose wardrobe for Chloe is ridiculous.  What are they hiding?  LG looked almost emaciated to me.  Her facial skin tone was unusual - bad fake tanning?  

I can't believe that they didn't fix her makeup, she still looks like she's dead & the dark undereye circles are still as prominent as they were last year. 

So glad this show is back, but why is Dan back? I was happy to see what I thought was the end of his character last season. The lame ass story they thought up for him to be back on the force is ridiculous. 

Edited by GaT
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Are the Ella and Trixie actresses related (mostly joking)?  I am imagining in my head that when she gets to be 12-15 years older, 'Trixie' will look quite similar to the way 'Ella' does now.  In fact, while catching glimpses of a trailer [and this scene must be in the next episode or two], but I was thinking Trixie was Ella, only looking a bit more aged than last saw her in the S1 finale.  That said, first impressions make Ella seem a bit flighty.

I thought the same thing! "This would be Adult!Trixie" (reassure me: no time travel here, right?). I like Aimee Garcia very much and I like her character (in small doses for now, like other posters said upthread) but she can't replace Her Cuteness, whom I missed a lot. Thankfully there were mentions of her and the picture and all, otherwise I was ready to riot.

That said, I liked that Ella interacted mostly with Chloe and about police work. I hope indeed that the original characters won't take too much of a backseat because of the new ones, especially Chloe and Trixie; I found the pre-season news very heavy on Lucifer's family and I hope there's more balance.

I wish that Chloe knew the truth, but I kind of like the angle the writers seem to be taking, i.e she placing her faith in who Lucifer is to her and trusting him. It's more sustainable imo than the other options (believing in Amenadiel's lies etc.). I hope to see more Chloe and Brothers.

Amenadiel and Maze are cute. Very cute (sorry Maze!).

Two weeks, sigh...

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Zipper said:

Good theory. When it happened the first time I thought it was b/c dear old Mum was around, but nope! 

6 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Tonight makes me wonder just what the actual physical range is in terms of Chloe being Lucifer's 'kryptonite'.  I could understand if they were in the same room, or on the same open floor of a building, but through walls and everything?  Can't wait for that to finally get fully explained.

I'm of two minds about Chloe finding out the truth about it all.  On one hand, the longer it takes reflects poorly on her and her deductive reasoning skills, but at the same time, its kind of fun watching him hide nothing and she still refuses to believe it.   I think that I'll feel that they should have her find out by this season's finale, though.  Two full seasons should be enough of an adequate lead-in to the reveal.

As with Amenadude's losing his power I hope that they explain this, but slowly (not too slowly mind you, like over a three or for ep arc.

I do however want Chloe to find out & believe sooner rather than later.  If they go this full season without it happening it'll really reflect poorly on her deductive skills.  It's a little like Clive finding out about Liv being a Zombie over on iZombie.

Also: I too miss Trixie!!

Edited by fastiller
Left out Trixie; how do you leave out Trixie?
  • Love 1

Something to remember, this particular show runner likes to build his seasons in arcs.

In season one the first 7 episodes built up to Lucifer's wings and then the second half of the season built up to the Malcom confrontation.

I see Chloe coming to have definitive proof about Lucifer being played out one of two ways. Either it's going to be one of the story telling arcs OR what was suggested in this episode is that Chloe has come to a point where she is just taking Lucifer on Faith.  Not believing he's an angel but her joke about the eggs, her dumping the blood sample and her conversation with Ella kinda point to the idea that Chloe is going to stop questioning Lucifer in favor of accepting who he is to her.

Someone she can have FAITH in to support her and have her back.

Which may not give us the audience our definitive AH HAH moment that we tend to like (hey I'd love to see Chloe get a gander of him in full wing regalia, don't get me wrong!!!) but would actually fit with the story telling narrative on the nature of faith and what/who we choose to believe in.  

• Love 7

Not bad, but other than the Mommy issue, this episode felt like it was resetting everything back to the regular status quo : Dan's back, Chloe's back to thinking Lucifer is a delusional human, Lucifer's still having therapy sessions with Dr. Linda Martin, Lucifer becomes involved in the case-of-the-week because of self interest but manages to help solve it anyway, ... 

It's still a fun show, but basically a procedural with a twist. I can easily imagine these same characters going through the same motions for multiple seasons. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 1

This show didn't miss a beat! 

Even though I knew Maze's new friend was going to be Dr. Linda, I was so hoping it was Trixie. Although I get why the show didn't go there, it would have been hysterical and keeping with what we know of Maze.

I'm also wondering if Amenadude is being punished by dad for staying with his brother and not following orders to return him to hell. Plus, sleeping with a demon and exhibiting free will with his choices probably isn't helping his case.  I am sad over how upset Amenadude is at his powers diminishing. I've always liked his time slowing abilities. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, pivot said:

I actually enjoy Chloe on the show and hope that all the new characters doesn't mean she takes a backseat. I'd be thrilled with losing Dan. He doesn't add anything at this point. 

I was disappointed that Dan was back. Or back in sort of semi full capacity. I don't think he brings anything to the show and I find it hard to believe they would let him work with his wife. What if they both got killed? But by the end of the episode I had gotten it into my head he might start dating Ella which would make them more both relevant. Otherwise I won't be happy about it. I mean I like the actor but if they are going to bring him back they should in a different way.  I don't love Amiee Garcia so I hope she isn't around too much.

I was both happy with and disappointed with the massive reset they just did.  We all went back to last year and that kind of works but I do need my show to have some consequences. 

I do feel like Chloe does believe there is something supernatural about Luci but isn't ready to hear the truth and that was why she thew the blood away. On some level, in her heart, she does believe him. She just can't bring herself to admit it right now. I could get behind that. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

The biggest disappointment for me too was hearing "in 2 weeks." I wonder why ?Fox shows baseball playoff/ the world series but that's in October.

The first Presidential debate comes next Monday.  So, instead of The Devil, we have to hear from two minor demons.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, storyskip said:

The facepalming when he fired off the taser a second time ... yep, Chloe, that's your partner.

I don't know what changed, but I liked Chloe's reactions to Lucifer's antics much better this episode than I did all last season. She came across utterly humorless last season. I am very pleased about this change because she was the only thing I didn't like last season.

24 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Plus, sleeping with a demon and exhibiting free will with his choices probably isn't helping his case.

I have to admit that the letting mother out thing hadn't crossed my mind at all until I read it here. this, free will and sex were the reasons I thought Amen was loosing his time freezing mojo, not so much as a "punishment" from daddy but more as a consequence of becoming less angelic. But I guess that doesn't make sense since Lucy is totally non-angelic and still has his persuasion mojo.

I would watch a spin off of Sessions with Dr. Linda, where this normal human shrink deals with angels and demons identity crisis' and mommy issues. I love her and I love that she is Maze's friend. I want to watch these to ladies on a night out.

• Love 3

I loved it - I even LOLed a few times. So nice to have my beloved Luci back, as well as Chloe and their banter, and Maze!!! Loved the therapy session - and love how anything said there could be any disfunctional us going though therapy, which explains why Dr. Linda is so unfazed - she heard it all before... I know it's been a running joke last season two, but it still cracks me up :)

Otherwise, I think Amenadude (?) is losing his powers because either there was a higher power around (mom!) or because he's starting to feel "human" emotions. For Maze, but also for Lucifer. 

I don't get the inside joke about the closing song (please help if you do). I do wish someone could list song credits for each epi, because it's aways good. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, NutMeg said:

I don't get the inside joke about the closing song (please help if you do). I do wish someone could list song credits for each epi, because it's aways good. 

Its the Tunes of All Along the Watchtower a Cover of that was used in BSG the Show Tricia Helfer (Lucis Mom) Promintly Stared ^^

2 hours ago, BooBear said:

I do feel like Chloe does believe there is something supernatural about Luci but isn't ready to hear the truth and that was why she thew the blood away. On some level, in her heart, she does believe him. She just can't bring herself to admit it right now. I could get behind that. 

Chloe has thought there must be more to Lucifer's story than lol crazy for a while, I think. If not she wouldn't bother to ask him about it. So I like the idea of her accepting this middle ground, or deciding not to worry about it. That the answer might be worse than the question.

Chloe's reddish-brown, under the eyes eyeshadow look is fresh off the runway but yes indeed it makes her look like a vampire. And she's not a character likely to be poring over pics of Kendall Jenner or Gigi Hadid, so it's that extra bit weird.

775b4e24-f0e4-49fc-9355-e32f76c79dc1.jpg

My favorite resolution for Chloe not believing is less that she does or doesn't find out and more about her accepting that it really doesn't matter. I think they showed signs of that this ep, with her comment about him being a good partner and bringing out the best in her work. And her talk with new ME (whom I like so far) and ME saying that proving gods existence kind of defeats the purpose of having faith. If you need proof you don't have faith. It seemed like Chloe is deciding to have faith in Lucifer and I highly approve of this turn of events.

I do find her whole homeless drug addict look absolutely terrible.  I really don't get her styling at all. If it's mean to show that she doesn't care about her appearance then they should hide her roots (proof that she cares enough to dye her hair). I don't buy that those are bags under her eyes so I have to assume she spends time making herself look this way. I just don't get it. LG is not the kind of woman who is so hot they have to tone down her look, she's got a very down to earth beauty which would work fine for Chloe, so why are they trying so hard with her look?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

I wonder if Amanadiel's losing his ability to freeze time is because it has been transferred to the two weeks we have to wait for the next episode...

I think you've cracked the case. This two-week wait is some horse hockey.

23 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

LG is not the kind of woman who is so hot they have to tone down her look, she's got a very down to earth beauty which would work fine for Chloe, so why are they trying so hard with her look?

I am just going with a theory that like the Sixth Sense at the end of the series we will find out Chloe is dead and just doesn't know it. :)

She is not a very believable Police detective with the way she dresses.

• Love 3

Good to see you back, Lucifer and company! The gangs all here, except for Trixie (booooo) and with a new addition in Ella, the quirky LAPD scientist with a religious streak, who might get annoyed if overused,  but, for now, I like her. I like the idea of having a "normal" person of faith around, to offer more of a perspective on all these cosmic shenanigans. 

Yes, I laughed my head off when Tricia Helfer showed up right after the All Along the Watch Tower solo. Its a great song, but the addition of the BSG connection just makes it even better. 

Amenadude is still having power issues. When he shot himself, I really worried he was going to accidentally kill himself. I figure that Dad might be punishing him for hanging out with Bad Kid Lucifer. 

Maz has returned, and is best friends with Dr. Linda! Love it! Dr. Linda really needs to start advertising based on this. "If I can solve the problems of the denizens of Hell, think what I can do with your fear of spiders!" 

Two weeks? Come ON! 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, BooBear said:

I am just going with a theory that like the Sixth Sense at the end of the series we will find out Chloe is dead and just doesn't know it. :)

She is not a very believable Police detective with the way she dresses.

Interesting theory.  I have dark under eye circles caused by allergies.  I thought maybe the actress has the same issue.  I wondered why they never covered them up with make up.  Your theory might explain why Lucifer is vulnerable around her.  I hope the actress doesn't have an eating disorder because she looked way too thin last night.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, monakane said:

I hope the actress doesn't have an eating disorder because she looked way too thin last night.

That's the trouble I have with her styling. Because she is super thin the dark circles around her eyes make her look almost emaciated add the unkempt hair and she just comes off as a junky. If they just gave her a neater ponytail and laid off the smoky eye she's be much more believable. LG has a kind of natural almost tomboyish look that works well for a tough, non-frilly female cop trying to fit into the boys club, but her styling is off. They are almost there, but still doing too much.

Maze OTOH...is stylistic perfection, as is Lucifer. I suppose their "types" are easier to style. But half of what I love about this show is just looking at them (and Amendude (that is one fine looking specimen, yum!) and Lucy's car.

I, like many of you, missed Trixie. But I think I'd rather her skip an ep here or there than inexplicably show up places she shouldn't be, like the police station or a nightclub, just because fans want more of her. I don't mind Dan being around in the capacity he is. They need cops in the background so why not him. Besides, I like to think that since he's still around he's spending more time with Trixie and I want Trixie to be happy.

I was a bit wary after reading all the spoilers about all the new characters but so far, so good. The only thing I didn't like was the end when Lucifer went to confront the murderer because it was so ordinary. The scene played out like it would with any other show and I think it would have been more fun had Chloe not shown up right away. I like the unusual and Lucifer and his powers are unusual, why not have a little bit of fun with that instead of "fitting in"?

Anyway, I didn't mind Dan. I like that he's not gone because if he had been gone, then it would have been all about Chloe and Lucifer right away. I kind of like Chloe and Dan together and I really wouldn't mind if they hooked up again.

I agree that Chloe's make-up looked weird, kind of smudged. But I thought that she/German seemed a lot more comfortable in her role. Compared to last season I felt that she worked well with Lucifer, so maybe the actress has gotten comfortable in her role/gotten comfortable now that she knows more about where it's going?! I liked this kind of dynamic between the two.

I also liked the dynamic between everyone else, especially between Maze, Lucifer and Amenadiel. The three of them in any constellation are just awesome. And I really liked Ella and her perspective, too. I'm curious to see where they'll go with her especially because she said that she wouldn't want to have proof. So, I'm curious to see how she'll deal with having Lucifer around.

I'm wondering if Amenadiel's powers decreasing has anything to do with the fact that he was healed with the feather of Lucifer's (the devil's) wings.

Edited by CheshireCat
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

I'm curious to see where they'll go with her especially because she said that she wouldn't want to have proof. So, I'm curious to see how she'll deal with having Lucifer around.

It will be interesting to see how she deals with him. I mean, it's pretty normal to think someone is acting, or crazy when they walk up to you out of nowhere and are all "Hi, I'm the Devil, nice to meet you" which is why Chloe not believing him doesn't really bother me. It would be kind of ridiculous for her to believe him since it seems she's a bit of an atheist, so believing he is the devil means she'd have to believe a hell of a lot more while Ella believing he is the devil doesn't actually change her entire religious outlook. But it's not something any sane person is going to automatically believe.

So far, though, my favorite reaction is Dr. Linda who is kind of "yeah, okay, I can work with that" and just kind of rolls with his whole devil thing while not at all believing him. I think that's where Chloe was this ep which is why I liked her better.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, monakane said:

Interesting theory.  I have dark under eye circles caused by allergies.  I thought maybe the actress has the same issue.  I wondered why they never covered them up with make up.  Your theory might explain why Lucifer is vulnerable around her.  I hope the actress doesn't have an eating disorder because she looked way too thin last night.

23 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

That's the trouble I have with her styling. Because she is super thin the dark circles around her eyes make her look almost emaciated add the unkempt hair and she just comes off as a junky. If they just gave her a neater ponytail and laid off the smoky eye she's be much more believable. LG has a kind of natural almost tomboyish look that works well for a tough, non-frilly female cop trying to fit into the boys club, but her styling is off. They are almost there, but still doing too much.

Her makeup drives me crazy. I bitched about it all last season & was really expecting that someone on the show would have noticed & had it fixed for this season but no, she looks just as bad as last year. Her foundation is too pale & chalky looking, & they rim her eyes so that they look even more sunken & how can they not cover up those undereye circles? Her makeup is so bad it's distracting, I have to remind myself to listen to what she's saying instead of staring at her face.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Delphi said:

Oh yeah.   No second season slump yet.   I can't believe we have to wait two weeks after it just got back. 

Blame the Presidential Election on the wait, in all likelihood. The first debate between Secretary Clinton & Donald Trump is next Monday night. NBC's Lester Holt's moderating, but I don't remember if the debates at this level are aired on 1 network or all of them. Even if it's only on 1, they're probably holding the new ep so fans won't miss it/it won't get killed in the ratings (just like when other networks proactively show repeats against "big ticket" shows).

So Dan steals a weapon out of lockup and gets a two-day suspension/demotion? Lame.

So very lame. I really enjoyed last night's episode but this part was kind of offensive. I mean, he shot Malcolm - that didn't come out in questioning? Did he just confess to stealing the gun, or did he say more than that at the end of last season? I can't remember. Either way, I wish he'd gotten more of a punishment. Him shooting Malcolm, lying to Chloe, and treating her like she was crazy, so no one else trusted her or would work with her... very much not good. So him whining about being demoted even though he got away with attempted murder? Shut up, Dan. Chloe doesn't owe you anything, and you deserve that demotion. 

I don't mind him staying out of prison, but I do think that part of his story (and how he relates to Chloe) should have gone on longer than what they presented. It's like the confession (and any real, potential consequences) never happened, and that's a waste to me.

Other than that story point, I really did enjoy the episode. I thought it was a solid return. Lots of funny bits, with good character stuff, too. And Maze is back! And Lucifer sang again! All good stuff.

And I laughed my ass off when Lucifer thought that drugged up starlet was his mom, and how freaked out he got when she tackled him and tried to take his clothes off. It's like the showrunners knew we'd have objections if that kind of thing really happened with Lucifer and his mom so they got the concern out of the way with a humorous scene like that where it's not actually her and we see that Lucifer's reaction is repulsion, not arousal. (Thank goodness.) I'll hand it to you, writers. Nicely played.

Side note: interesting how Dan treated Chloe like she was crazy, even though he knew the truth, and now Amenadiel is treating Lucifer the same way, telling Chloe he's lying and delusional. In the end, poor Chloe's not going to know whom the hell to trust.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, sinkwriter said:

Side note: interesting how Dan treated Chloe like she was crazy, even though he knew the truth, and now Amenadiel is treating Lucifer the same way, telling Chloe he's lying and delusional. In the end, poor Chloe's not going to know whom the hell to trust.

I get finding out someone is the devil is a lot take in but this is why I don't want it to completely drive Chloe away from Lucifer for a time when she finds out. I don't ship them at all but I like their partnership. As of now Chloe knows Lucifer is someone who looks put for her and is very honest with her except that he has this devil peraona she doesn't quite get. Finding out that Lucifer isn't making up all his devil talk should reinforce he's always been completely, bluntly, up front with her, unlike Dan and now Amenadiel.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Maze OTOH...is stylistic perfection, as is Lucifer. I suppose their "types" are easier to style. But half of what I love about this show is just looking at them

I think the show would be good with just Lucifer, Maze, Doctor Linda and some guest stars.    I particularly liked Jessica Sula from Recovery Road and Skins this week.  They need a really good villain like the evil landlady.  I do like Amendude better this year.  The ending with the song and Tricia Helfer was fantastic, but I don't see how she's going to fit into the show.    I wouldn't have watched it yet if I new the next episode wasn't for two weeks. 

• Love 2

I agree about  LG's makeup. I don't remember her looking like this on Chicago Fire.  If the gray under her eyes is makeup to make her look tired, it's not working.  She looks dead. If it's not makeup and something is going on in her personal life, then they need to do a better job hiding it.

Am I the only one that noticed Chloe and Lucifer were walking through the "Wayward Pines"  lot before reaching the victim? 

• Love 2

I think that when we first saw Amenadude's loss of power, he apologized to the police officer with the keys, and said something like, "I was lost."  I'm not sure if the writers would telegraph that much directness in the explanation for his loss of power, but I recall him saying something like that last season when he was on a rooftop with Lucifer in the rain-- something akin to "Brother, I was lost," when explaining why he had taken the risks he had with Malcolm, who caused multiple lives to be lost.  So I'm on board with this idea that his sacrifice of divinity means he can no longer posses angelic powers on earth.  I'm not wild about all of our supernaturals having fading/waning powers, but I appreciate the idea that consequences don't only apply to humans.

Also, totally in the camp of people who believe that the show used Watchtower because the it introduced Helfer, the former Cylon.  And bravo for the choice.  I loved BSG, and the homage was a treat.

14 hours ago, GaT said:

I can't believe that they didn't fix her makeup, she still looks like she's dead & the dark undereye circles are still as prominent as they were last year. 

There has GOT to be a plot-based reason why she looks like death warmed over. Everyone else looks fantastic, and I can't imagine that the problem is that Lauren German is just exceptionally difficult to do makeup for.

But honestly, I don't even have any theories at this point about what's supernatural about Chloe. Hopefully we get some kind of clue this season, though!

7 hours ago, emma675 said:

Even though I knew Maze's new friend was going to be Dr. Linda, I was so hoping it was Trixie. Although I get why the show didn't go there, it would have been hysterical and keeping with what we know of Maze.

That would have been wonderful. I love that weirdo Maze thinks of Trixie as her friend.

I like Maze in general, though. So happy that she's back in the mix.

56 minutes ago, sinkwriter said:

Yeah, I thought it was interesting that Amenadude's way of taking care of "the Chloe problem" was to tell her that Lucifer had adopted this elaborate metaphor/delusion because he couldn't deal with their horrible childhood. Lucifer seemed OK with it, but I thought that was a really cruel lie.

Who goes behind his own brother's back to try and convince his closest friend that he's too broken and crazy to be trusted? That's some Lionel Luthor-level shit right there.

I mean, Lucifer isn't crazy, but it's kind of a miracle that he isn't, what with Amenadiel going around whispering undermining lies in Chloe and Linda's ears, and literally getting into bed with Maze. If I were Lucifer, I'd be pretty paranoid at this point! LOL.

• Love 4