Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

I am not sure they follow any particular organized religion with rules for lack of a better word.  Tori is the only one I have seen post about talking to her pastor and she just recently got baptized and joined a church if I understood all that correctly.  The rest  just state they are Christians and talk about their faith in God.  Not sure about Zach and Tori but the others drink, not that there is anything wrong with that!  

It has been stated that Matt was a drinker and had a problem, do we know if he doesn't touch the stuff anymore?

• Love 1

Matt was drinking wine with Amy, Chris, and Caryn in the recent episode where they were at Amy's house and Caryn brought wine. There was also a bottle of wine in Matt's office when Amy was signing over the farm. People on reddit do report still seeing him in Helvetia Tavern with beer.

• Useful 1
36 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

It has been stated that Matt was a drinker and had a problem, do we know if he doesn't touch the stuff anymore?

I would say consider where it has been stated and by whom; one DUI does not an "alcoholic" make (and, again, no one here is - to my knowledge - qualified to diagnose that from afar).  I don't recall seeing him join AA and take a vow of sobriety in any of the episodes, so...  Bottoms up, Matt!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

I would say consider where it has been stated and by whom; one DUI does not an "alcoholic" make (and, again, no one here is - to my knowledge - qualified to diagnose that from afar).  I don't recall seeing him join AA and take a vow of sobriety in any of the episodes, so...  Bottoms up, Matt!

Well, because it is “Alcoholics Anonymous “ one would not see any meetings on camera. I’m not saying that Matt is alcoholic— only that we don’t know either way.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

This is a bad market to try to buy anything (seller's -- and then some); cash is king!  They should probably lay low till the bubble bursts.  I'm sure realtor Chris could keep them apprised...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/20/2021 at 3:16 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

Matt was drinking wine with Amy, Chris, and Caryn in the recent episode where they were at Amy's house and Caryn brought wine. There was also a bottle of wine in Matt's office when Amy was signing over the farm. People on reddit do report still seeing him in Helvetia Tavern with beer.

It looked to me like Matt was drinking Coke.  He had a glass with ice cubes and it definitely didn't look like red or white wine. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, riverblue22 said:

It looked to me like Matt was drinking Coke.  He had a glass with ice cubes and it definitely didn't look like red or white wine. 

I thought the same thing, looked like cola with ice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Jeremy started taking lessons a couple of months ago for a private pilot license.

30AEAC77-8906-4800-A4D3-A02368C6424D.jpeg

AC47C14C-5937-497E-931B-EB83938E3711.jpeg

He also shared he always wanted to fly. He said when he was about 12, he strapped on “pvc pipe and lumber material”, and was going to jump off a 50’ roof. Amy came out and yelled at him to get down.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jeremy started taking lessons a couple of months ago for a private pilot license.

30AEAC77-8906-4800-A4D3-A02368C6424D.jpeg

AC47C14C-5937-497E-931B-EB83938E3711.jpeg

He also shared he always wanted to fly. He said when he was about 12, he strapped on “pvc pipe and lumber material”, and was going to jump off a 50’ roof. Amy came out and yelled at him to get down.

Hubby got his pilots licence many years ago….

Assuming it’s similar to getting a pilots licence in Canada…. I hope Jer is ready to do a lot of studying and actually work for a change because the ground school portion of getting a pilots licence is no joke and you can’t hand it off for someone else to complete when you get stuck like most of Jer’s projects.

• Love 6
Just now, Joan of Argh said:

Hubby got his pilots licence many years ago….

Assuming it’s similar to getting a pilots licence in Canada…. I hope Jer is ready to do a lot of studying and actually work for a change because the ground school portion of getting a pilots licence is no joke and you can’t hand it off for someone else to complete when you get stuck like most of Jer’s projects.

Are you in Canada? Me too! I hear that the scool portion  is quite intense. There is no way I would get in a plane with him. Or the Duggars. Or Bates. Jeremy always seems to be impatient, bored and irritated. I wonder how he's going to do with this newestimate hobby.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Spazamanaz said:

Are you in Canada? Me too! I hear that the scool portion  is quite intense. There is no way I would get in a plane with him. Or the Duggars. Or Bates. Jeremy always seems to be impatient, bored and irritated. I wonder how he's going to do with this newestimate hobby.

Yes I’m in BC 👍🏻
If the ground school portion is anything like hubby’s was years ago it requires a good knowledge of advanced mathematics.

Hubby was fine but a few of his classmates flunked ground school and had to enroll in the next series of classes and do it all over again… plus they had to pay for it again and it isn’t cheap.

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Yes I’m in BC 👍🏻
If the ground school portion is anything like hubby’s was years ago it requires a good knowledge of advanced mathematics.

Hubby was fine but a few of his classmates flunked ground school and had to enroll in the next series of classes and do it all over again… plus they had to pay for it again and it isn’t cheap.

I lived in BC for awhile. I can't see Jeremy excelling in any classes, especially advanced mathematics.  Lol. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

I lived in BC for awhile. I can't see Jeremy excelling in any classes, especially advanced mathematics.  Lol. 

I agree… it’s probably all computerized nowadays but they still might require the skills to do all your calculations manually if necessary.

JFK Jr learned the hard way that you shouldn’t try things that you’re really not ready or qualified to do… apparently he wasn’t instrument certified and it’s a big no, no to fly at night (under certain circumstances where your vision may be impaired from weather and other factors) if you’re not instrument certified because it’s very easy to become confused and disoriented… your eyes play tricks and you can be in big trouble and not know it.

hubby never flew solo at night over water without an instructor until he was instrument certified because it’s way too easy to lose track of the horizon and not know where your plane is in relation to the earth below…. You need to rely on your instruments for that information.

Jer doesn’t strike me as someone who’s disciplined enough to pilot a plane…. He’s always looking for a shortcut or handing his problems off to others… he’s lazy and that’s not a good attribute for a pilot… I can’t imagine Jer doing a thorough inspection of his aircraft before each flight or checking and rechecking the weather reports etc, etc, etc..

Edited by Joan of Argh
Clarity
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

Sorry, but I wouldn’t even trust this guy to put my dishwasher in, let alone fly me around town.  I think Jeremy is lazy and not terribly bright.  It’s great if he gets through this program, but it’s kind of hard to see unless Audrey is there prodding him along. Honestly, I think she could have done a lot better than him, and I don’t particularly care for her either.  Why doesn’t he become a photographer, isn’t that what he went to school for, God knows his mother could use some help with photos for her brand.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, zenme said:

I so agree! This isn’t gonna end well. Jeremy lacks a kind of common sense and thinks he can do no wrong. He’s no Capt. Sully.

1 minute ago, Irate Panda said:

Sorry, but I wouldn’t even trust this guy to put my dishwasher in, let alone fly me around town.  I think Jeremy is lazy and not terribly bright.  It’s great if he gets through this program, but it’s kind of hard to see unless Audrey is there prodding him along. Honestly, I think she could have done a lot better than him, and I don’t particularly care for her either.  Why doesn’t he become a photographer, isn’t that what he went to school for, God knows his mother could use some help with photos for her brand.

This. It's simple Jeremy is a shithead.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
On 7/4/2021 at 12:39 PM, AZChristian said:

At the end of the story was something else:

"Just days before sharing their exciting news, Audrey posted a sweet tribute to her husband. 

"He makes knives, builds tables, wipes poopy butts💩, reads theology, takes neighbors to the ER and sits with them all day, cleans dishes, keeps plants alive, raises chickens, befriends gas attendants, researches a little bit about a lot of things, listens to wife rants and rambles😜," she joked as she shared some of her favorite things about Jeremy."

One of my favorite things about my husband was that he held down a job.

Why is this a “favorite thing?”  Like, he’s kind to the man, laughs at his jokes (normal human interaction)?  Or is the gas attendant now coming over to hang out?  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

Well, she's competing with Tori's sappy tributes to HER babe-uh...or Tori's competing with Auj's...  

I lose track!

I always feel slightly embarrassed reading their long winded tributes and in my opinion when you have to go on and on listing everyday activities as monumental feats it just sounds like BS

Next thing she’ll be praising him for putting the seat down after taking a piss…. What a man!!! 😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

It's weird in general how personal messages are now public announcements but, of course, that's not limited to just the Roloffs.

I agree… years ago this type of thing was frowned on and considered too personal but nowadays the more personal info you share the better.. I’m also not a fan of the revealing pregnancy pics and information.

Aujs breastfeeding problems were gone into in great detail, day after day, week after week like she was the only woman who ever had problems with her nipples from breastfeeding… and then the follow up pics of Ember holding her dolls against her “sore boobies and feeding her baby like mommy” or holding various toys against her “sore boobies to pump the milk like mommy”

Of course they all use the old fall back line of “if even one person can benefit from us sharing our painful journey.. blah, blah”

when I had our first baby I had problems breastfeeding and my doctor arranged for a nurse to help me while in hospital and then a public nurse visited me a couple times after I went home to follow up and make sure I was ok and the baby was getting enough milk… no need to tell all the neighbours or phone everyone and give them a detailed account of how my boobs were doing.. 😂

• Love 14

And this week it looks like we'll be treated to watching Tori weeping over her lost pregnancy (of six weeks or less) on national TV; again, ostensibly "to help others." 

One can't help but feel it's more about seeking sympathy and attention.  But, again, that's the society we live in today, and it's by no means limited to them.

• Love 12

Yes! Totally agree with everything in these posts! No one praises me when I remember to do something that I do everyday. That we all do everyday! Let's throw a party because I remembered to put my dishes in the sink, or cleaned up after myself. And my babe-uh took the garbage out! All by himself. Without me reminding him! I'm so blessed! 

And I agree with all of you regarding sharing everything on social media. Those pics of Ember breast feeding her doll kind of put me on edge. I have no problem with breast feeding or seeing mothers do it in public. But some things really don't need to be shared. You're right, personal messages are now public announcements. I don't understand why. Just because they are in the public eye doesn't mean the public has to hear about each and everything that is going on in their personal lives. "Oh my God I've got gas, quick where's my computer! I HAVE to share this incase there is someone out there suffering too!" Then they complain that they need to take a step back from social media because people are being too mean in their comments or there privacy is compromised. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

takes neighbors to the ER and sits with them all day,

What is going on with their neighbors that they need to go to the ER all day? 

Jeremy must not have anything important to do "all day" if he's available to play Mother Theresa whenever needed. But I do believe Jer is very good at "sitting all day." 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Jeremy must not have anything important to do "all day" if he's available to play Mother Theresa whenever needed. But I do believe Jer is very good at "sitting all day." 

give him a chance, he will fuck that up

• LOL 7
6 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

Just because they are in the public eye doesn't mean the public has to hear about each and everything that is going on in their personal lives. "Oh my God I've got gas, quick where's my computer! I HAVE to share this incase there is someone out there suffering too!" Then they complain that they need to take a step back from social media because people are being too mean in their comments or there privacy is compromised. 

That was my reaction to the video of Bode learning to float. I saw nothing wrong because I think kids should learn to swim early, but I also understood how seeing him struggle in the water may have been upsetting to some of her followers. She's far too invested in being the cool adventurous Instagram mom.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Exactly.. The neighbor had to go to the ER all day so Jer had another excuse to sit, scratch his ass, contemplate life, text his friends, google his favorite toys and DO NOTHING ALL DAY.

I'm wondering if it was the elderly neighbor who basically did Jer's knife build for him when he got stuck and didn't know what to do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

He will become a pilot when pigs fly or I will become an MD aka never

I think if Jer's willing to throw enough money at it he'll probably become a pilot but I wouldn't fly with him.

As another poster mentioned JFK Jr was another entitled rich kid that probably shouldn't have been a pilot.... if I'm not mistaken he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box when he attended Brown university, he took the bar exam 3 times before he finally passed, his "George" magazine was failing at the time of his death and went under and apparently he struggled with getting his pilots licence but since he was rich enough to keep throwing money at whatever he wanted he finally got there.

Jer isn't a millionaire like JFK Jr but he's definitely not struggling financially, not too many young married men can afford a collection of vintage vehicles, he has his VW bus, his motorcycle, his jeep and another vehicle which I can't recall right now and he has a brand new Toyota Tundra that has every bell and whistle plus several expensive custom features.

He'll probably keep throwing money at it until he's a pilot.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

That was my reaction to the video of Bode learning to float. I saw nothing wrong because I think kids should learn to swim early, but I also understood how seeing him struggle in the water may have been upsetting to some of her followers. She's far too invested in being the cool adventurous Instagram mom.

Swimming lessons for the kids? Omg, that’s great news!  Let’s hope more safety mindfulness will grow, as their family expands.  I don’t follow them and so have no interest in their lives.  An update at Christmas suffices for me, with the exception of their glaring disregard for child safety.  It’s beyond annoying.  But, swimming lessons sound like progress.   

I do not believe Jer will go far with pilot lessons.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Swimming lessons for the kids? Omg, that’s great news!  Let’s hope more safety mindfulness will grow, as their family expands.  I don’t follow them and so have no interest in their lives.  An update at Christmas suffices for me, with the exception of their glaring disregard for child safety.  It’s beyond annoying.  But, swimming lessons sound like progress.   

I do not believe Jer will go far with pilot lessons.  

It isn’t actually swimming lessons… it’s ISR (infant swimming resource)  where they basically drop the child into the water so they learn how to bob back up to the surface, roll onto their back and float… they don’t teach them to swim, just float in case of an emergency.

there was a lot of video of Bode being dropped into the water, surfacing and screaming, gulping water, coughing, reaching for someone to help him, crying, gulping water, CRYING, screaming, coughing etc

Ember was a little better because she understood what she was supposed to do and why she was being dropped into water that’s over her head.

I understand that it’s important for children to know what to do if they fall into a pool or other water especially if they’re around pools with no safety fence (the pool at Roloffs farm and Auj’s parents pool don’t have safety fences) but I found it hard to watch Bode screaming and gulping. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Didn't "The Little Couple" do this with their two kids when they adopted them?  They were older, but still the private swimming instructor (yes, they're rich) taught them to flip and float without using the immersion technique, no pun intended.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Didn't "The Little Couple" do this with their two kids when they adopted them?  They were older, but still the private swimming instructor (yes, they're rich) taught them to flip and float without using the immersion technique, no pun intended.

Yes The Little Couple kids had a swimming instructor who taught them to float and swim and they were older than Bode

The Roloff kids were just being taught emergency floating.. no swimming

Ember could already swim a little, dog paddle etc and she understood what the purpose of the lessons were and that it was all about flipping on to her back, stretching her feet up above the water and floating… not swimming.

Bode is too young for the instructor to explain it. and he was terrified being dropped into deep water over and over as he went under, scrambled, screamed, gulped water, choked, coughed.

some people on IG were really pissed at Auj And called her every name in the book.

like I said.. I understand the purpose but it was still tough to watch Bode

• Love 4

Right; I'm just saying it seems you could teach this even to a very young child while still supporting them enough so they don't actually inhale water (which could lead to "dry drowning").

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Right; I'm just saying it seems you could teach this even to a very young child while still supporting them enough so they don't actually inhale water (which could lead to "dry drowning").

I agree.. many years ago when my kids went to swimming lessons they were taught to put their face in water and then each lesson they were encouraged to do more and eventually went underwater, learned to float, then swim and while there were times when they were scared or didn’t want to do something they were never, screaming, gulping, choking, crying for their mom or any of the drama that Bode experienced.

• Love 9
On 7/27/2021 at 6:53 PM, Munchkin said:

I think if Jer's willing to throw enough money at it he'll probably become a pilot but I wouldn't fly with him.

As another poster mentioned JFK Jr was another entitled rich kid that probably shouldn't have been a pilot.... if I'm not mistaken he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box when he attended Brown university, he took the bar exam 3 times before he finally passed, his "George" magazine was failing at the time of his death and went under and apparently he struggled with getting his pilots licence but since he was rich enough to keep throwing money at whatever he wanted he finally got there.

Jacqueline Kennedy did not want John Jr. to take flying lessons because she knew how difficult it was for him to stay focused. After her death, he was taking lessons. He got his license but was not instrument rated to fly after dark, which he ended up doing the evening of the crash. There's no way I'd fly with Jeremy or most other small plane pilots. I hope Jer and Auj don't take the children flying, but you know if they can, they will. 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Seems like a few of the Duggar boys are pilots, and none of them seem extra bright either?

Exactly.. daddy Duggar saw an opportunity to make money and decided the family needed pilots. (I don’t recall how many became pilots besides John David?)

it’s a good thing that small planes nowadays are fairly safe if they’re kept in good running order and if the pilot isn’t an idiot.

I wouldn’t want to fly with any of them because they own the planes and I wouldn’t put it past daddy Duggar to cheap out on the maintenance which can be costly.

I doubt that Jeremy would buy his own plane, at least not right away and that’s good because rental planes are usually well maintained and mechanically sound if rented from a reputable business.

• Love 3
On 7/29/2021 at 5:40 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I doubt that Jeremy would buy his own plane, at least not right away and that’s good because rental planes are usually well maintained and mechanically sound if rented from a reputable business.

Oh, I can see Jerk buying a “vintage” plane with the delusions plans to restore it.  He can pose for many Insta pics in his Carhart duds, holding tools over the open engine compartment. He will “write” a carefully thought out woefully ungrammatical and misspelled post about how he had to use artisan crafted tools to adjust the torque on the wingding flibbergibbet.  Then after a few months, the now-defunct plane will be in a heap in some rented hanger with Jerk’s other failed projects.  At which point Odd will write her own bloated blog about how Jerk couldn’t finish the plane because someone else not under Jerk’s capable control screwed up, or a better opportunity  came along, or he decided this newest vanity project was taking too much valuable time away from his children.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 7/31/2021 at 10:19 PM, BusyOctober said:

Oh, I can see Jerk buying a “vintage” plane with the delusions plans to restore it.  He can pose for many Insta pics in his Carhart duds, holding tools over the open engine compartment. He will “write” a carefully thought out woefully ungrammatical and misspelled post about how he had to use artisan crafted tools to adjust the torque on the wingding flibbergibbet.  Then after a few months, the now-defunct plane will be in a heap in some rented hanger with Jerk’s other failed projects.  At which point Odd will write her own bloated blog about how Jerk couldn’t finish the plane because someone else not under Jerk’s capable control screwed up, or a better opportunity  came along, or he decided this newest vanity project was taking too much valuable time away from his children.

And of course he would have to use the knife that he skillfully crafted over 10 months with the use of $12k of equipment!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3