Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: What Happens in the Hot Tub Stays in the Hot Tub

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Tensions continue to mount between Trevor and the rest of the deck team. Kelley starts getting close to flirty, single charter guests and Kate and Ben clash in the galley. During their first night out, tensions reach a boiling point over Trevor's antics.

There are some people who have no self-awareness, no idea of how they are perceived by others.  Trevor is one of those people.  Couple that with his cockiness and it's almost unbearable.  

When Ben hates you, you know it's trouble. He loves to be a little shit stirrer. 

Loving everyone else.  So happy to have Captain Lee back.  His (lack of) reaction to the corn starched balls discussion was awesome.

• Like 2
  • Love 17

Kate's hair is ugly and damaged and badly dyed. But it doesn't look great pulled back. She still looks so old for her age. 

Every season at least one cast member has a huge meltdown while drunk. 

Kelley is not a rude asshole or incompetent in his direction so I don't get why Trevor/Travis is so perpetually irritated by him except each year there's a person who bristles at their superior for the personality & inferior abilities. 

Sierra is pretty but her hair is thin. 

Kate seems much more laid back this year. Don't know if it was all the negative feedback she received from how she treated Amy and Rocky sunk in...or the flush of lesbian loving. She still acts like she has feeling for Ben tho. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

His problems are just beginning I think, he is pretty much alienating literally everyone on board one by one. I see a plane ticket with his name on it in the not so distant future. But not too soon I hope, I'm going to love watching him implode!

• Like 1
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, tinaw said:

I think Trevor is digging for a plane ticket home

Trevor is such a douche it makes me wonder if there is some sort of secret Las Vegas betting line about who is sent home and when and Trevor is trying mess with the odds. Tonight we've seen him: communicate about the anchor using his douchey hand signals when told not to, flake on setting up the beach party, tell his boss to get another luggage cart, sit in front of the captain and buy a truck while the rest of the crew is actually doing their jobs, insult Nico's tattoo, and refuse to go to bed when he's clearly blitzed and being antagonistic. The entire crew is only 4 days into the season and the stews and chef can't fucking stand him. That's bad.

There's a brief shot of what's to come in the rest of the season and there is a shot of someone who appears to be Trevor walking back to the boat with no pants.

There was a ton of big dick talk in this episode. It makes me wonder if Kelley's johnson is a plot point for later in the season.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I think Sierra is nice enough, but man ... I can't get past the fact that she seems so vacant. She's always wide-eyed and smiling and added into her dimness and lack of on-screen personality she's coming off like a walking mannequin.

Trevor is a dumbass. He took the deckhand position because "you take what life throws at you", but man is he bitter that he's not in the power position. They have a seemingly competent exterior team for once and Trevor thinks they're not good enough? Nico and Lauren are undermining him? Because they don't need his direction, like emptying hoses? He'd make an awful supervisor. Kelley might have his faults, but (like Eddie was) he's much more personable and approachable, and that's half the battle of managing people. Plus, Trevor's got the balls to talk back to Captain Lee? Chill out, dude. I think Captain Lee has a pretty high dumb action tolerance. He laughed when Sierra brought him coffee with a sugar packet in it, after all, but Trevor is pushing it.

I don't mind Kelley as bosun so far, but his standards are pretty low. "She's here"? LOL.

There's a brief shot of what's to come in the rest of the season and there is a shot of someone who appears to be Trevor walking back to the boat with no pants.

Is that Trevor? I kind of thought it was Ben, but only because that shot had a voiceover of Ben's laugh. (It made me laugh.)

• Love 3

Nobody could be as bad as Drunk Dane from last season but Treavor acts like he's trying to be. I like how Kelly kept his calm and gave Treavor basic orders, which the douche was too drunk and stupid to follow. I'm ready to see Capt. Lee make him walk the plank.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Yes, beesknees - I have always liked Kate's look but I think she "refreshes" with some kind of filler that makes her look very hard. And that bad white-blonde hair (a la Stassi from VPR) is so not helping.

I did like Kate's response on WWHL regarding the girlfriend incident (if she isn't guilty of beating up somebody that is). To paraphrase: 'I have dangerous taste in romantic partners but excellent taste in attorneys'.

• Love 2

On another note, the guests seemed nice enough but put down the phones.  You're in the Caribbean.  I love the Caribbean. 

Ben, the perfect, screwed up with the barley (?).  It was funny when the guests ignored him when he came up after the meal and the women were too busy on their phones.

Loved Capt. Lee's reaction to the hand signals and his lack of a response to Kate talking about cornstarch.

Kelley is well aware that this is his redemption season and he's been doing well.  Except for the photo with the one guest.  I'll give him half a pass.  But I haven't forgotten his behavior on his first season on the show.

Trevor is just an ass.  Every season, they have one.  I wonder if the producers, when in the interview process, ask if a prospective candidate is willing to make an ass out of themselves for TV.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I know every season has a villain and last year's Rocky reeked of obvious planting but I'm not so sure about Trevor. What baffles me is that he actually has a career in yachting so either he decided to intentionally throw all of that away in exchange for his 15 minutes, or he's actually a flaming piece of shit and inadvertently soiled his professional reputation. Not sure which is worse, but either way he is a sr. dickwad, no doubt about it. Plus I don't trust anyone whose drink of choice is a Long Island.

Loved the captain's reaction to his laziness though! I need some Capt Lee gifs in my life! He really completes the show and if he ever decides not to come back, I think that will be the end for me. I can only imagine how much better BDmed might have been with Lee and Connie instead.

Kelley is on his way to redeeming himself in my book, so far no crying! But hearing about his 5 month sex drought is becoming the new "senior deckhand." Let's not make that a thing.

Loving Lauren and Emily to bits. Nico I'm still ambivalent about but I've watched enough seasons of this show to know it's only a matter of time before his justified complaints turn into full blown whine. And I wouldn't complain if they gave Sierra the First Mate/Chief Engineer treatment and just cut around her. Not sure what she brings to the table except for a creepy clown stare.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Nobody could be as bad as Drunk Dane from last season but Treavor acts like he's trying to be. I like how Kelly kept his calm and gave Treavor basic orders, which the douche was too drunk and stupid to follow. I'm ready to see Capt. Lee make him walk the plank.

Which one was Dane?  For the life of me I can't remember anyone named Dane.  My memory sucks though. 

He was a good-looking deck hand who came on mid season (maybe he was in S1) and proceeded to drink Crown Royal directly from the bottle afterhours in the crew area, becoming stupidly drunk. Then when the crew got a night off on land at a nice resort, he again got drunk and belligerent, to the point where you just wanted Eddie to knock him out. He got a fast ticket home. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Which one was Dane?  For the life of me I can't remember anyone named Dane.  My memory sucks though. 

Dane was the deckhand last season. He had curly hair a little long.(enough for a small ponytail)

He rammed the water sky into the boat. He drank so much at the crews day off that he and eddie almost got into a fight. Got plane ticket home

• Love 1
4 hours ago, rho said:

Loved the captain's reaction to his laziness though! I need some Capt Lee gifs in my life! He really completes the show and if he ever decides not to come back, I think that will be the end for me. I can only imagine how much better BDmed might have been with Lee and Connie instead.

Personally, I was hoping Capt Lee was going to look at him and tell him he was fired right after he blew off work to finish buying his car. 

• Love 8

I'm really glad the first charter guests are gone. As someone who exists on a blue collar income and has never traveled out of the country, I tire easily of people who get to see such beautiful sights and experience so many different things, and spend the majority of that time staring at their phones. I like social media, I won't lie. I probably use more than I should, but that's mostly done in my boring old home. I know how to check out when something important is going on. And I've never heard Instagram referred to as "The Gram". Wow. 

Trevor is just awful. Awful. From sassing Captain Lee to insulting Nico's tattoo. (Like his unfinished "octopus" arm is so much better. I hate tribal, but come on.) And his general lazy, entitled attitude is just THE WORST. He's mad that someone complained about his bossy "senior deckhand" bullshit, so he stalls and stalls while Nico sets up the bulk of the beach picnic by himself. Ugh, I cannot stand him. 

Then he gets one big tip and is off buying a new car! While the other deckhands are, once again, busting their asses! I FLOVED that he had to fix the plumbing problem. Payback is a bitch. 

I haven't seen all seasons. I saw the first one for sure, maybe two? But I'm not familiar with Kelley or Kate, so I'm looking at them with fresh eyes. Kelley seems okay so far, if not a bit green for this job, and also seems led around by his penis. Kate, I like. I can't help it. She is a hard worker and brings good snark in her THs. I loved when she said Sierra had "resting happy face". She totally does! It's truly like working with a serial killer. 

Always love Captain Lee and the zero fucks he has to give. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Sierra seems like a nice enough person but man she seems so dumb. I have to wonder if she is playing up the "dumb blonde" act for the cameras or if she is really that dim. The sugar packet thing isn't really a huge deal IMO since it was an accident and could have happened to anyone, maybe it got stuck to her fingers and fell in or she got distracted by something and dropped it in. But it was funny how the editors played with it and put that scene in there as she was talking about her prior experience as a nanny.

Trevor isn't just a douche, he's also just plain weird. Those tattoos? WTF? Everyone on the crew is starting to take notice like Ben saying "He's an odd duck." I wonder if Trevor has some kind of personality disorder or is a sociopath or something. He has problems with authority and taking direction from others and clearly alcohol is not his friend. Perhaps a small percentage of his antics are played up for the cameras, but I think a lot of it is real. Issues, that one. 

I would love to hear testimony from previous people he has worked with where he claimed he was once a bosun. At least he can come in handy to clean the toilets though lol

He was so proud of his hash tagging skills lmao I do give him credit for those ideas and it made the guests happy, but he was so oblivious when Nico needed help setting up the tent on the beach.

I still like Nico. While Trevor should have kept his thoughts about his tattoo to himself, I have to agree it's hella ugly looking, ngl. Nico is otherwise a real cutie though. It looks like they are trying to set up a romance between him and Lauren. I think they'd be a nice couple. Lauren is really cool, she reminds of Connie from last year but without the urge to cover her boobs with food. Love her accent too. 

Emily is doing well. She's not terribly interesting to me though. The only thing Sierra is bringing is the dumb blonde antics. It seems like the drama this season is focused on the deckhands since last year it was focused on the stews? 

I'm not gonna lie. I think Trevor is actually worse than Rocky. He might also be worse than Dane (though certainly not as bad of a drunk as he was). Rocky I think was just terribly immature and according to Connie Rocky was a cool girl when cameras weren't around. Dane clearly had an issue with drinking and he didn't last long anyway. Trevor... I suspect he's got some drinking problems too but he's just an ass, plain and simple. I really do think the guy may be a sociopath with the way he's so completely unaware of how he's coming off to others. The reunion will be interesting to see, if maybe once he sees all this air on TV maybe he will finally see how bad he looks.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I'm really glad the first charter guests are gone. As someone who exists on a blue collar income and has never traveled out of the country, I tire easily of people who get to see such beautiful sights and experience so many different things, and spend the majority of that time staring at their phones. I like social media, I won't lie. I probably use more than I should, but that's mostly done in my boring old home. I know how to check out when something important is going on. And I've never heard Instagram referred to as "The Gram". Wow. 

I'm glad someone mentioned this.  I've been on cruises through the years and lately I have seen this more and more, everybody into their phones, i Pads, whatever, people taking pictures of the food to put on their Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, which means they have to check their Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, to see how many "likes" they've gotten.  I like social media too, but when I'm on a cruise, my phone stays locked up.  If I take it out, it's to take a picture of the scenery.  If you can't appreciate where you are, if you can't enjoy the moment, then stay your ass home.   

I think Kelley was put in a strange position with that guest because SHE was the one initiating things.  He had to be somewhat accommodating, but he didn't reach the level of creepy like Danny of Below Deck :Mediterranean.  Still, someone should tell Kelley that no one cares that he's gone five months without sex.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Like 1
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think Kelley was put in a strange position with that guest because SHE was the one initiating things.

These situations always interest me, because there is a very fine line to walk. You want to be accommodating and make your guests happy, but if you go too far, you're being unprofessional and risking a lot of trouble. In Kelley's case, at least he liked the girl as well. I know it's a lot harder to navigate when someone is hitting on you and you do NOT enjoy it, but you don't want to insult your guests. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, rho said:

I know every season has a villain and last year's Rocky reeked of obvious planting but I'm not so sure about Trevor. What baffles me is that he actually has a career in yachting so either he decided to intentionally throw all of that away in exchange for his 15 minutes, or he's actually a flaming piece of shit and inadvertently soiled his professional reputation. Not sure which is worse, but either way he is a sr. dickwad, no doubt about it. Plus I don't trust anyone whose drink of choice is a Long Island.

Kelley is on his way to redeeming himself in my book, so far no crying! But hearing about his 5 month sex drought is becoming the new "senior deckhand." Let's not make that a thing.

Loving Lauren and Emily to bits. Nico I'm still ambivalent about but I've watched enough seasons of this show to know it's only a matter of time before his justified complaints turn into full blown whine. And I wouldn't complain if they gave Sierra the First Mate/Chief Engineer treatment and just cut around her. Not sure what she brings to the table except for a creepy clown stare.

Me too.  If Captain Lee ever jumps ship this franchise will be dead to me.  Dead to me ...

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Maharincess said:

He was a deckhand.  I like to remember him as the the "Poor Man's Matthew McConaughey".

• Love 5

I am completely distracted by Kate's hair. It's always been in bad shape, but somehow it has gotten worse. There was one shot from behind where it looked like a choppy, striped, tangled rat's nest. How is that cheap unkempt look acceptable for 5 star service? She needs to cut it off and start over.

I think Trevor is extremely insecure and immature. I suspect the casting folks spot these people from a mile away and then production manipulates them and the situation for maximum effect. He so desperately wants to be the boss that watching him makes me uncomfortable. But at the same time he's commented on Sierra's breasts at least twice, and that makes me want to smack him.

I guess Kelly's military training is kicking in. He's handling being the boss very well.

Nico may be a bit of a hot-head.

The guests made absolutely no impression on me. It's because they were online the whole time. My friend owns a neighborhood hair salon and she lamented last week that it's gone from being the local gathering spot, with customers, the mail man, etc. chatting with each other, to almost completely silent. Everybody's nose is in their devices.

• Love 4

Trevor is an asshole drunk or sober. Doesn't make a difference. Telling that cute little deckhand (don't know names yet) that his tat looked like shit. Who the hell does he think he is?

Captain Lee is really bringing it this season! I love his dry sense of humor and on point comments. 

Kelly's body is perfection. Damn. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BogoGog24 said:

Trevor isn't just a douche, he's also just plain weird. Those tattoos? WTF? Everyone on the crew is starting to take notice like Ben saying "He's an odd duck." I wonder if Trevor has some kind of personality disorder or is a sociopath or something. He has problems with authority and taking direction from others and clearly alcohol is not his friend. Perhaps a small percentage of his antics are played up for the cameras, but I think a lot of it is real. Issues, that one. 

To me Trevor is giving off a budding serial killer vibe.  It was very telling to me that Kate sensed that it could be dangerous for Nico to sleep in the same bunk as Trevor and told him to sleep in one of the guest rooms.  She is usually pretty cool and hands off when it comes to disagreements among the crew.  I think things were much more tense than what appeared on screen.

As for Sierra leaving a sugar packet in Captain Lee's coffee, I can't judge her since today I almost swallowed a Sweet-n-Low packet with my morning coffee.  

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 9

"With a limp dick motion, whatever the hell that means."  The Captain see what's up with Trevor, he's just waiting for him to screw himself.

And I'm going to defend Kate. I think she's beautiful and I love her work ethic and her personality. I'm also a good looking woman but over the years I've done a lot of hard manual labor so my body has scars, my skin is permanently tanned from being outdoors and my hair looks like Kate's most days. Kate is there to work, not do her hair and be all cutesy for the guests. I guarantee she doesn't get through a work day without sweating a few times so what's the point? We've seen her dressed up to go out with the crew and she looks great.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, citychic said:

And I'm going to defend Kate. I think she's beautiful and I love her work ethic and her personality. I'm also a good looking woman but over the years I've done a lot of hard manual labor so my body has scars, my skin is permanently tanned from being outdoors and my hair looks like Kate's most days. Kate is there to work, not do her hair and be all cutesy for the guests. I guarantee she doesn't get through a work day without sweating a few times so what's the point? We've seen her dressed up to go out with the crew and she looks great.

I find Kate striking, if not a little hard sometimes. She is outdoors a lot for her job, so not only can the sun effect her skin, but I also wonder about the effect that both the sun/air have on her hair. She needs some good conditioning, but I'm not sure she has the time for that when she's working so hard. 

• Love 7

Trevor is mad that Kelley does his job and hasn't prostrated himself before Trevor to give him "boss" status.  Trevor, you seem to be a douche on your best day…and these are not your best days.  His plane ticket will be issued as soon as the show is sure they have enough drama without him (or an even nuttier deckhand on tap to replace him).

Ben remains adorable.

I'm glad Kelley seems more relaxed, but I don't care about his lack of a sex life.  I think he'll end up sleeping with someone during this season so we can hear all about him breaking his cold spell.  And I thought he handled Drunk!Trevor (now with 50% more assholishness!) as well as one can.

• Love 3

Did I see Trevor dump the human waste he cleaned out of the clogged toilet off the pier into the ocean?  Isn't that a big no-no?

Boats in the BVI are legally required to keep waste from the toilets in a holding tank, to be pumped out later at a dock. But since this stuff wouldn't flush... guess it had to go somewhere.

Still, if there were ever anyone who deserved to be sucking out clogged turds? Thank dog it was the Senior Shithand.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dsteele said:

Boats in the BVI are legally required to keep waste from the toilets in a holding tank, to be pumped out later at a dock. But since this stuff wouldn't flush... guess it had to go somewhere.

Still, if there were ever anyone who deserved to be sucking out clogged turds? Thank dog it was the Senior Shithand.

The editing gods were on point tonight -- earlier in the episode when Trevor was douching about Nico "undermining" him to Kelley and punishing him by making him set up the beach party himself, Trevor said something to the effect of, "if you're going to talk shit about me then I'm going to give you shit work." Lo and behold, guess who got stuck with the (literal) "shit" work as soon as the charter ended. Karma (and Kate) are a bitch! 

Also, re: the hand signals to Captain Lee, in sailboat racing, the bow guy typically uses hand signals to notify the driver of their position on the line inside the five-minute pre-start -- different hand and arm positions mean different things. And there's been discussion of it -- the skipper and the bow guy have talked about the signals and what they mean -- the skipper typically indicates what he likes for signaling. 

Even if this is a thing in charter yachting (which I call bullshit on since they are all on radios), the captain and his backup skippers would likely hold a meeting to discuss this method of doing things with their deck crew, letting them know the signals they want and what they all mean. 

Once again, Lord Douchebooger just assumed his way was the correct way -- instead of finding out this ship, and this captain's protocol. Even when you know what you are doing (and I think trevor does), there are still rules you follow when you step foot on any boat, in any capacity. Rule 1 is that the Captain sets all other rules. 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 14

I have a couple tattoos and not bragging they're good, I got them from artists from Kat Von D's studio. There's a lot of bad ink out there. Don't knock someone for their shitty tats. 

Kelley was completely right to say what he said .... it's rude to make fun of something appearance based esp something permanent! Also what Kelley mentioned that Travis wanted the crew to respect him and how can they do that when he acts like this? Supervisors or wannabe supervisors can't be getting drunk, trashing subordinates looks, whining. 

• Love 2
Just now, Petunia13 said:

I have a couple tattoos and not bragging they're good, I got them from artists from Kat Von D's studio. There's a lot of bad ink out there. Don't knock someone for their shitty tats. 

I'm not a particular fan of tattoos, but do actually prefer the "tribal" ones to the more colorful ones. What's wrong with Nico's tattoo? It looked ok to me.

Captain Lee's assessment of "MORON" with regard to Trevor is everything to me. 

Someone, please tell me that Trevor is acting for the cameras and he's really not such a major dickwad or I will assume the fetal position and cry.  

All the Below Deckers seem so young.  Especially the SENIOR DECKHAND.  I would pay good money to slap him.  Maybe that's why Kate looks so old. 

Poor Nico.  I see him opening a major can of whupass on Trevor before long.  Wow, Trevor.  You made a hashtag with some sticks.  I hope they gave you a medal and some time off for that.  Never would have gotten 15 large without it.  And what a dumbass - - acting like he's going to blow his entire tip at the bar.   

Someone who needs a stepladder to reach the breakfast cereal really shouldn't be dissing Nico's tattoos.  Just saying.

Did Sierra really leave a sugar packet IN Captain Lee's coffee?  Hmmmm . . . 

Edited by psychoticstate
  • Love 4

This is my 3rd season watching and Kate has been in all of them (for the poster above who said they haven't seen Kate before???...actually, I don't think Kate was in season 1). I don't like Kate, (I would NOT be friends with a chick like her), but she is witty and does do her job VERY well. Her 'happy resting face' comment was funny because she has been called out for having a BRF. And I like her hair. She goes for that disheveled look and I like it. She has also joked before that she never showers and is a slob. But she does seem to know how to present herself to the guests- so good on her.

Senior Dickhand reminds me of the guy, the Rocky season, that was also short lived. He was a meathead who also could not handle being bossed by his bosum boss (who was Eddie). The guy who dove in after Rocky and said it was her beautiful bottom that lured him in (or something like that). And lets not forget Rocky's BFF chef that was a big jerk too. Man this show sure does pick 'em. I guess you have to be an extreme personality to want to be on reality TV.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 1

When I was in my early 20s, I frequented a bar where the bartender was flirty.  Once, I ordered a Long Island Iced Tea and as he handed it over, he gave me a sexy little wink and said, "I added some extra shots for ya."

Now, a Long Island is equal pours of many clear liquors with a shot of Coke and a lemon wedge.  Mess with the amounts of liquor - too much or too little - and it no longer tastes like an iced tea.  It tastes like lots of liquor all mixed together.  It was gross. So Trevor telling the bartender to make his LIIT extra strong and he'd tip him well, made me laugh for all the ignorant 24 year olds, going on 25, who think stronger is better.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, dleighg said:

I'm not a particular fan of tattoos, but do actually prefer the "tribal" ones to the more colorful ones. What's wrong with Nico's tattoo? It looked ok to me.

I, personally, cannot stand tribal. Just not a fan of big, black patches of ink on the skin. But, personal tastes aside, tribal is very subject to fading. To get it to really last, the artist will have to go deep, but not so deep as to leave bad scaring. I can't really recall WHAT it was Trevor said about the tattoo, though. For some reason, I want to say he criticized the "shading", which is hilarious, because it's just solid black ink. There IS no shading. I didn't get a super close look, but Nico's tattoo looked fine to me. 

3 hours ago, ryebread said:

When I was in my early 20s, I frequented a bar where the bartender was flirty.  Once, I ordered a Long Island Iced Tea and as he handed it over, he gave me a sexy little wink and said, "I added some extra shots for ya."

Now, a Long Island is equal pours of many clear liquors with a shot of Coke and a lemon wedge.  Mess with the amounts of liquor - too much or too little - and it no longer tastes like an iced tea.  It tastes like lots of liquor all mixed together.  It was gross. So Trevor telling the bartender to make his LIIT extra strong and he'd tip him well, made me laugh for all the ignorant 24 year olds, going on 25, who think stronger is better.

I laughed about him being such an idiot with that, too. I've read several articles about what bartenders hate most in customer behavior, and many mention patrons who order a "Strong Island Iced Tea" and usually offer to tip extra for the extra shots, just like douchehead did. All the bartenders said it was an idiotic order since the damn drink is strong enough to begin with, and asking for added shots is a total loser/drunk move.

• Love 1