Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: What Happens in the Hot Tub Stays in the Hot Tub

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, RedHawk said:

I laughed about him being such an idiot with that, too. I've read several articles about what bartenders hate most in customer behavior, and many mention patrons who order a "Strong Island Iced Tea" and usually offer to tip extra for the extra shots, just like douchehead did. All the bartenders said it was an idiotic order since the damn drink is strong enough to begin with, and asking for added shots is a total loser/drunk move.

Haha, no kidding! That was my drink of choice when I was younger, and you're so right. It's strong enough on its own. It has vodka, rum, gin, AND tequila, for crying out loud! The key is a good blend of the coke, lemon juice (fresh makes all the difference!), and triple sec. It's one of those drinks where you CAN get relatively shitfaced, but not have a drink that tastes like shit. The only modifications I would ask for is a TINY splash of coke. Some places do like to go heavier on the coke and save the alcohol, but I said that not in the interest of getting drunker. I do not tolerate carbonation very well, so I really prefer the tiniest of splashes. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Haha, no kidding! That was my drink of choice when I was younger, and you're so right. It's strong enough on its own. It has vodka, rum, gin, AND tequila, for crying out loud! The key is a good blend of the coke, lemon juice (fresh makes all the difference!), and triple sec. It's one of those drinks where you CAN get relatively shitfaced, but not have a drink that tastes like shit. The only modifications I would ask for is a TINY splash of coke. Some places do like to go heavier on the coke and save the alcohol, but I said that not in the interest of getting drunker. I do not tolerate carbonation very well, so I really prefer the tiniest of splashes. 

I also used to drink LIITs, mainly because you could get them at any bar and they didn't taste overly liquor-y.  That said, when they are made correctly, you can sit and drink many of them without realizing how intoxicated you are until you get up.

Requesting extra shots or for it to be extra strong is most definitely a novice/jerk/drunk move.  

• Love 5

I never developed a taste for alcohol and am a non drinker.  I have always been curious about the Long Island Iced Tea.  I have been told it does not taste of alcohol.  I know it is possible that some drinks can have that effect.  One Christmas night I was given a Slushy (frozen Margarita) by my friend's friend.  At midnight, after one and a half of these "Slsuhies" I was trying to get everyone to build a snowman so we could use the leftover appetizers to make it's face (including the last two deviled eggs for it's eyes).  That is my one drunken antic and I will NEVER live it down. 

7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

For some reason, I want to say he criticized the "shading", which is hilarious, because it's just solid black ink. There IS no shading. I didn't get a super close look, but Nico's tattoo looked fine to me. 

Maybe he's saying that the black isn't as uniform as it should be. That's not something viewers are likely to be able to see now that TV is digital. IMU from watching tattoo shows that tribal is considered way out of style, although I'm not sure why anyone would hold that against someone who got it that long ago; maybe a prejudice against someone pulled in by fads?

On 9/15/2016 at 5:25 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

Maybe he's saying that the black isn't as uniform as it should be. That's not something viewers are likely to be able to see now that TV is digital. IMU from watching tattoo shows that tribal is considered way out of style, although I'm not sure why anyone would hold that against someone who got it that long ago; maybe a prejudice against someone pulled in by fads?

What is IMU?

It drives me nuts when Trevor says that "he's been a bosun, he can teach Kelley about being a bosun" because he has no realization of what he's saying.  He is saying that he's higher than Kelley in hierarchy, that Kelley doesn't know what he is doing, and his resentment is oozing out of him so badly that's probably why he's so sweaty.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Trevor said he was 24 going on 25. Who over the age of 10 reports their age that way?

Yup I thought the same exact thing.  Guy is a douche.

I seriously hope Nico is not sweating this guy when the best he has to come at someone is "My tattoo is better than yours", what an idiot.  He sounds like a total idiot.

Like I am so sure 14 YO Nico was out there scouting out tattoo artists and finding out the best quality work to go to.  Come on Trevor stop being a douche.

Captain Lee was so cute giggling over  the sugar packet Sierra left in his coffee.  

I actually think he's a decent boss. I like that he lets people work independently and sort out issues on their own, but he steps in when necessary. He also gives praise and constructive criticism. Sone bosses do neither, or they do too much of one or the other and no balance. 

On September 13, 2016 at 11:27 PM, chick binewski said:

Yes, beesknees - I have always liked Kate's look but I think she "refreshes" with some kind of filler that makes her look very hard. And that bad white-blonde hair (a la Stassi from VPR) is so not helping.

I did like Kate's response on WWHL regarding the girlfriend incident (if she isn't guilty of beating up somebody that is). To paraphrase: 'I have dangerous taste in romantic partners but excellent taste in attorneys'.

What girlfriend incident? What did I miss?

On 9/13/2016 at 8:54 PM, McManda said:

Is that Trevor? I kind of thought it was Ben, but only because that shot had a voiceover of Ben's laugh. (It made me laugh.)

I thought it was Ben too because of the laugh over.... lol... it made me laugh too