Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Spa-cation

• Start Topic

A group trip to a spa is planned to celebrate Teresa's first weekend of freedom since removing her ankle bracelet. Also: Melissa's new business gets off to a rocky start; Siggy leaks new details about her husband's past; Dolores' 12-year-old dog is ill; Jacqueline isn't sure what to do about her son; and Teresa and Jacqueline assess their relationship.

Delores and Siggy have a calming affect on Jacqueline: Especially Siggy. She doesnt let Jacqueline get to far ahead of her bullshit thinking. I hope there are not to many scenes of jacqueline without Siggy.

Did anyone catch who was screaming in next weeks episode. It sounded like Joe Go

• Love 5

Well, that was a fake out between Jacqueline and Teresa.  And, I'm happy about that.  I don't need those two to fight anymore.  I wish it was the series finale tonight.  Everyone friendly, focusing on their kids, running their "businesses" and turn the cameras off.   There's nothing left and I don't really like the idea of Jac and Teresa or Teresa and Melissa or anyone fighting.   

• Love 11

First of all, what the hell is wrong with my life that I don't have a white Range Rover?

Hey, did you guys know that women can work these days? 

They look about a zabrillion times better with no make up.   Except Melissa.  She could be Christopher Walken under there, we just don't know.

RINO!! 

Joe:  I'm gonnadowhatIgottado.  That guy makes me giggle.

I''m sorry ya'll, I love siggy, Fran Drescher voice n' all.

"Jacqueline is her own worst enemy."   #Facts

And in closing, queave.  Just because I like the word queave. 

• Love 24

Boy Jacq. is crazy, she definitely needs calming influences 24/7.

I did feel for her where Nicholas is concerned, poor thing. 

Tre is really trying not to engage in the bullshit, she's really trying to keep calm and put some things in perspective.  I think she's trying to let things roll off her back, I like it. I don't need table flipping Tre to come back to make her interesting.

I like Dolores and Siggy.

It was good to see an episode where they all the ladies had a good time together. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 17

Wow, Jac really is off her rocker.  I was actually feeling bad for her when she got emotional about Nicholas, but then she turned into an obsessive paranoid weirdo.  So bizarre!  

(Ha!  Jinx represent!)

Thanks for the fake out on that phone call from Teresa, Bravo promo monkeys.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

They look about a zabrillion times better with no make up.   Except Melissa.  She could be Christopher Walken under there, we just don't know.

And in closing, queave.  Just because I like the word queave. 

Isn't it queef?

Jac also had her warpaint on at breakfast.  I agree, the rest of women looked good au natural. 

While I understand that raising an autistic child can be challenging, I couldn't help but side eye Jac's tears.  She has a way of demanding attention and doing something dramatic to get the focus back on her.  

Edited by snarts
  • Love 17

Wacko Jacko is trying so desperately to bring the drama but keeps getting shut down. She looks ridiculous and unstable in every scene. Also, her sex talk is really gross. You're getting ready to be a grandMAW, you illiterate cow--nobody sees you as a sex kitten; you're more like a horny, inappropriate old creeper.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Wow, Jac really is off her rocker.  I was actually feeling bad for her when she got emotional about Nicholas, but then she turned into an obsessive paranoid weirdo.  So bizarre!  

(Ha!  Jinx represent!)

Thanks for the fake out on that phone call from Teresa, Bravo promo monkeys.

Though I'll continue to stand on my soapbox  and preach about how we need an all stars season, I'd be fine with a real housewives fantasy league. Watching Jac flip out and then turn paranoid and weird I kept thinking that if you drafted her for your team, she would be a great draft pick because she's so consistent and reliable in her particular brand of crazy.

• Love 2

When Jac accused Delores and Siggy of talking about her and said, "I know you were talking about us at the pool, I read your lips" did anyone catch her say "It's always about me!"

No Jac. it's not.  Jeeze! what color is the sky in your world?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Isn't it queef?

Jac also had her warpaint on at breakfast.  I agree, the rest of women looked good au natural. 

While I understand that raising an autistic child can be challenging, I couldn't help but side eye Jac's tears.  She has a way of demanding attention and doing something dramatic to get the focus back on her.  

Seems she forgot about her older son. Instead of sharing his accomplishments she chooses to guilt trip everyone else. What a piece of work.

• Love 24

Another point of view here:  This is a perfect episode to demonstrate what editing can do and twist what actually went on....  The preview 'suggested' that something bad happened between Jaq and Tre.  That didn't happen.

Being a parent of a child who is autistic is trying, stressful and extremely hard.  I really felt for Jaq when she was crying over Nick.  I can't imagine what that would be like.  At least Tre, for a change, showed some sympathy about it.  Stress over a child can have overwhelming side effects including paranoia and I think that has a lot to do with Jaq's reaction about the conversation at the pool.  Yeah, I realize many will not agree with this but as a parent, I would gladly go to prison for a year rather than have my child have a  disorder or be sick.  Jaq has her faults but I give her all sorts of passes because of what she goes through everyday with her child.  

When my son was little he had a little boy in his class who was autistic.  My son wanted to invite him to his seventh birthday party.  Fine with me.  His mother was in tears at the party because it was the first non autistic party her son was ever invited to.  It's tough, way tough so I give Jaq a lot of leeway. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 16

Okay, the one and only time I felt a tiny bit for Jac was in her TH talking about Nicholas and how he may never do the same things and participate in team stuff like typical kids do. I know I had the same thoughts about my son when he was first diagnosed, and I would imagine that's pretty normal for any parent who has a kid who is differently abled. But that was about it. This shit stirrer tried it from the first moment she walked in…not speaking to Teresa when she walked in, then sticking her hand in her face, then trying to imply over and over "someone" was talking about her and trying to unsuccessfully stir the pot…it can't be said enough, she is exhausting. I know teenage girls more mature, and for someone who is knocking on 50, she is unbelievably needy. It was nice to see the others engage her without full out coddling her. Not sure how long that will last but we'll see. 

1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

This made me giggle for like 20 minutes, you always bring the zings ZaldamoWilder :-)! The funny thing is that I've seen Melissa in person before (in Target with her kids, I was standing behind her in line) and she is quite beautiful without makeup. Her skin is absolutely flawless. Why she was sitting up at the table with full raccoon beat like she didn't just wake up is beyond me, her and Jacqueline both. I love how the other women were sitting there bare faced and straight out of effs to give, LOL.

Nice to see Rino and JoeGui together, but with all that Joisy-speak flying all over the place, I couldn't tell you want the hell they were talking about, LOL.

I don't know if it's the contrast between her and Crazy Jac, but I'm liking this zen Teresa. She's still a bit of a bubble head, but isn't taking the bait on anything, and nothing is ruffling her feathers. I'm liking the Sig too. She's over the top and would probably be a bit much to hang out with in real life, but on TV it's entertaining. I'm liking the dynamic of the women in general, though I know it's not going to last. :-(

• Love 14
2 hours ago, snarts said:

I came in here to bitch about Jacqueline always having to be the center of attention, but then I was so impressed with the rest of the housewives not taking her bait.  Instead,  they turned it around and calmed things down.   I was actually watching them act like grownups.   So impressed with them.  I still think Jacqueline is a child but was really impressed by the rest of them.  I never thought I would say that about Teresa or Melissa.

• Love 10

I call BS on Tre when Jaq came in.  Everyone else got up and greeted.  Tre did not.  And when Jaq came over and was 'introduced' to Tre, she still didn't get up and make any effort.  Typical Tre.  This is not all on Jaq. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I call BS on Tre when Jaq came in.  Everyone else got up and greeted.  Tre did not.  And when Jaq came over and was 'introduced' to Tre, she still didn't get up and make any effort.  Typical Tre.  This is not all on Jaq. 

I wouldn't greet her either.  Jaq is an ASS!

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Seems she forgot about her older son. Instead of sharing his accomplishments she chooses to guilt trip everyone else. What a piece of work.

I felt bad for Jaq in her talking head speaking about how Nicolas' accomplishments are different and he might never be participating in team activities like other kids. Then I was think about her older son CJ and how he probably has activities and such that are happening, so she could have spoke about that, but CJ is the forgotten child. It seems Jaq can talk about Ashlee and Nicolas, but barely anything about CJ. Half the time I forget CJ exists. I also, think if Jaq talked about some of Nicolas' accomplishments (no matter what they are) the ladies would have been supportive.

Jaq still has such a middle school mentality with all this "they are talking about me" stuff and the not talking to Teresa at the start of the vacation. Just because others are talking about you does not mean it is necessarily bad either. I guess Siggy needs to be around her 24/7 to keep Jaq from going crazy.

I did like the episode overall, because I like when everyone can get along or at least be cordial. I am liking calm Teresa. 

I liked JoeGiu and Rino. I liked Rino on the previous season, I just did not like his wife or her sister.

Did anyone catch who was screaming in next weeks episode. It sounded like Joe Go

I thought TPTB were trying to make it look like JoeGiu, but it did not sound like him, so I am guessing you are probably right. I rolled my eyes at what appears to be Rosie drama. Rosie always seems so thirsty to me.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Same could said about Tre the felon who refuses to take responsibility for her crimes.  It wasn't 'her fault'.  Just sayin.....

Ok.  So if you and I are ever invited to a party together and Tre and Jaq are there, I won't greet Jaq and you won't greet Tre.  Deal?  lol

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Sai said:

Ok.  So if you and I are ever invited to a party together and Tre and Jaq are there, I won't greet Jaq and you won't greet Tre.  Deal?  lol

Deal.   However, I would greet you.  :)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Misslindsey said:

I felt bad for Jaq in her talking head speaking about how Nicolas' accomplishments are different and he might never be participating in team activities like other kids. Then I was think about her older son CJ and how he probably has activities and such that are happening, so she could have spoke about that, but CJ is the forgotten child. I also, think if Jaq talked about some of Nicolas' accomplishments (no matter what they are) the ladies would have been supportive.

Jaq still has such a middle school mentality with all this "they are talking about me" stuff and the not talking to Teresa at the start of the vacation. Just because others are talking about you does not mean it is necessarily bad either. I guess Siggy needs to be around her 24/7 to keep Jaq from going crazy.

I did like the episode overall, because I like when everyone can get along or at least be cordial. I am liking calm Teresa. 

I liked JoeGiu and Rino. I liked Rino on the previous season, I just did not like his wife or her sister.

I thought TPTB were trying to make it look like JoeGiu, but it did not sound like him, so I am guessing you are probably right. I rolled my eyes at what appears to be Rosie drama. Rosie always seems so thirsty to me.

I don't think CJ is 'forgotten' at all.   I do think when you have a child with medical problems, be it autism or something else, it's hard to put that to the side because you're dealing with that 24/7.  I sometimes think that others who are fortunate to have healthy children don't fully appreciate how much of a blessing that is.  I do think the other housewives were supportive and I give them kudos for that.  

I'm blessed to have healthy children but the one person I know who has an autistic child spends so much time and energy on that child.  There are two other children.  Those children know they are just as loved but understand the focus that is given their autistic brother.  They know they are loved just as much but at the same time they understand their brother's needs. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 3

Sorry, Jaq gets no sympathy from me. I understand the challenges, but come on, we (and her friends) don't need to hear about it all the time. Instead, she should try to focus on the good things...and especially poor CJ who is definitely the forgotten child when it comes to Jaq's conversations. When the girls are talking about their kids, is Jaq gonna start crying every single time? Who the hell wants to see/watch/hear that??

Let's face it, Jaq has the maturity of a 12-year old...and if she can't "deal" then she needs to get counseling or further counseling before she runs out of tissues. 

• Love 13

I always feel like an alien when it comes to this show because I don't hate Jacqueline and never have.  When she's up, she seems like kind of a fun hang, and when she's down I feel like she has a good reason to be.  She left the room to go cry in the bathroom by herself, which is the only thing she could have possibly done in a situation like that to not make the moment all about her.  She's vain enough that she doesn't especially want to be shown crying on television, either, because that's no one's best look.  The other women could have just as easily not gone looking for her and assumed she was on the toilet - when I go on girls' trips, if someone disappears to the bathroom for 20 minutes we all assume she's having IBS issues (the struggle is REAL) or something, and leave her alone.  She'll rejoin the group when she's ready.

It was nice that the other women were so kind and supportive to her during that moment, and I do like the new ladies very much, which I didn't really see coming.  I liked watching a group of women just have a nice, caring time together, during the up moments, and the down.  This might be the first RHoNJ episode that I actually enjoyed and didn't just sit through for the hell of it  (I really don't know why I watch this franchise, normally I find Teresa abhorrent and she's usually the focus, but I can't seem to help myself).  Teresa seemed human and genuinely nice for the first time to me, ever.  Melissa I always like, always have.  With every season I like her more.  Honestly, Jac and Melissa are the two women I could almost see myself being friends with in the real world more than anyone else on this show.  Not sure what that says about me.  You could not pay me to spend an hour around Teresa.

Not gonna lie, that spa looked fabulous, and I know by Housewife standards it was supposed to be "low rent', but that looked like a damn DREAM to me.  I would think I had died and gone to heaven staying there for a few days with my closest friends.  That food OMG.

• Love 12

Oh these freaking editors. They got me good. I was all settled in, had my cookies (in lieu of popcorn), was ready for a major Jaq meltdown. Was ready for Tre to beg to Joe to pick her up. But it was all a ruse! They were getting along fine! Damn you, Bravo. Damn you, straight to hell. 

No, but in reality, it was actually quite nice to see them all get away and have a good time together. There was a lot of bonding and lot of playing around. It seemed fun. Just, someone please tell Melissa, no fringed sleeves in the kitchen!

Jaq did come close to really losing it, though. Homegirl is way too paranoid and self-important, always thinking everyone is talking about her. NO ONE is talking about you! I think what it really is is that she sees Dolores as HER friend, and it makes her insecure to see her getting chummy with Melissa. Oh well. Get over it, Jaq. 

I did really relate to her when she had her breakdown about Nicholas. I have a daughter who is borderline on the spectrum. Much more high functioning than Nick, so I don't mean to compare. But I do have a lot of doubts and grey areas when it comes to her future. With my sons, I can see them driving and dating and getting a job. And I just don't know what life is going to be like for her. Like Nick, just accomplishing minor things can be such an endeavor. She doesn't participate in swimming and sports and things her brothers do, because her comprehension skills just aren't there - to listen and follow instructions in a setting like that. Anyhow, I really felt for her in that moment. And I loved Tre's recognition that she wasn't able to be there for Jaq during the original diagnosis and wants to change that now. 

Overall, I thought Tre was being really sweet to her that weekend. Very understanding and forgiving, which is so unlike her. Maybe she really DID change in prison. 

Meanwhile, back at home, Gorga is going to burn the entire house down. 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, represent said:

It was good to see an episode where they all the ladies had a good time together.

And that it was only an hour's drive away from them.  That place looked great.  I wonder how much business the show generated for them. 

I thought it was funny all the luggage Melissa hauled along with her.  

I cracked up with bumbling Joe making dinner for the kids, even tho I'm sure some of it was producer driven.  Can't believe he had the fish sticks/nuggets on some type of broiler pan that we all never use.  "Whatza baking sheet?"  Why couldn't he be like most Dads and order a pizza or do carryout, especially if they had to go out right after?  Or why didn't Melissa leave them a pot of spaghetti & meatballs.

I'm not a Juicy fan but loved seeing him & Rino together. Maybe Rino can send him food care packages.

When Tre & Jaq were reminiscing about about Italy, I was thinking Tre & family may be calling that home in a few years if Joe gets deported.  Real Housewives of Italy ??  Andy's probably working on it now. 

• Love 4

Enjoyed the episode - and I even felt some sympathy for Jac when she was crying about Nicholas and appreciate the support the others gave her. My impression overall was that Teresa is trying with Jac, and Melissa is trying with Teresa.  Still some wariness, but at least they are trying to get along.

I laughed at Melissa and her 4 suitcases (one for bathroom stuff only).

What I really wanted to see was Joe Gorga put the kids in the car and head to the Guidices for a Mr. Mom night. 

Next week looks interested. Wonder what gets Rosie going?

• Love 4

I don't particularly like Jaq, but I felt bad for her.  Raising a child with medical issues is no rose garden and watching and listening to other mothers talk about their children must highlight all the dreams she had, but will never realize.  One of the things that really bothers me though, is when people like Tre say, "Oh if you just believe, Nick will do all the things you've dreamed about."  I realize Tre is trying to be supportive, but No, Nick most likely will not do those things.  I grew up with a disabled sibling and it certainly wasn't going to happen and I don't see a typical life for Nick from what we've been shown.  Nick does, however have lots of love and support and he and Jaq can find different dreams along a different path.  I think she'd be happier if she changed her expectations for his life and worked within his abilities.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Anastasia said:

Now I want to go to a spa. And eat chocolate.

Just not off the floor. Or the back of Tre's pants!

8 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I felt bad for Jaq in her talking head speaking about how Nicolas' accomplishments are different and he might never be participating in team activities like other kids. Then I was think about her older son CJ and how he probably has activities and such that are happening, so she could have spoke about that, but CJ is the forgotten child. I also, think if Jaq talked about some of Nicolas' accomplishments (no matter what they are) the ladies would have been supportive.

I do feel for CJ. While I totally relate to Jaq's struggles with Nick, she does have another child. This doesn't mean she can't still worry about Nick's future, but she should be able to have those proud parenting moments with CJ without any guilt. I really feel for that kid. Something about seeing him play in his little brothers room with his dad made me really sad for him. He seemed lonely. I hope he has a good amount of friends and is allowed to do extra curriculars and they find a way to balance Nick's needs with CJ's. 

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I do feel for CJ. While I totally relate to Jaq's struggles with Nick, she does have another child. This doesn't mean she can't still worry about Nick's future, but she should be able to have those proud parenting moments with CJ without any guilt. I really feel for that kid. Something about seeing him play in his little brothers room with his dad made me really sad for him. He seemed lonely. I hope he has a good amount of friends and is allowed to do extra curriculars and they find a way to balance Nick's needs with CJ's. 

She could also share those proud parenting moments she's had with Ashley......Oh, right.  Never mind.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Oh these freaking editors. They got me good. I was all settled in, had my cookies (in lieu of popcorn), was ready for a major Jaq meltdown. Was ready for Tre to beg to Joe to pick her up. But it was all a ruse! They were getting along fine! Damn you, Bravo. Damn you, straight to hell. 

No, but in reality, it was actually quite nice to see them all get away and have a good time together. There was a lot of bonding and lot of playing around. It seemed fun. Just, someone please tell Melissa, no fringed sleeves in the kitchen!

Jaq did come close to really losing it, though. Homegirl is way too paranoid and self-important, always thinking everyone is talking about her. NO ONE is talking about you! I think what it really is is that she sees Dolores as HER friend, and it makes her insecure to see her getting chummy with Melissa. Oh well. Get over it, Jaq. 

I did really relate to her when she had her breakdown about Nicholas. I have a daughter who is borderline on the spectrum. Much more high functioning than Nick, so I don't mean to compare. But I do have a lot of doubts and grey areas when it comes to her future. With my sons, I can see them driving and dating and getting a job. And I just don't know what life is going to be like for her. Like Nick, just accomplishing minor things can be such an endeavor. She doesn't participate in swimming and sports and things her brothers do, because her comprehension skills just aren't there - to listen and follow instructions in a setting like that. Anyhow, I really felt for her in that moment. And I loved Tre's recognition that she wasn't able to be there for Jaq during the original diagnosis and wants to change that now. 

Overall, I thought Tre was being really sweet to her that weekend. Very understanding and forgiving, which is so unlike her. Maybe she really DID change in prison. 

Meanwhile, back at home, Gorga is going to burn the entire house down. 

LOL...my husband and I have my son who is 28....I am glad he doesn't have cook..he would burn it all down too...I was sick with the flu and woke up and said did you  cook dinner that I put out and prepped...he said no...I had chips lol...i'm like, really? lol

• Love 1
11 hours ago, snarts said:

Isn't it queef?

Indeed it is, consider the source.  Lol.

9 hours ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

Okay, the one and only time I felt a tiny bit for Jac was in her TH talking about Nicholas and how he may never do the same things and participate in team stuff like typical kids do. I know I had the same thoughts about my son when he was first diagnosed, and I would imagine that's pretty normal for any parent who has a kid who is differently abled. But that was about it. This shit stirrer tried it from the first moment she walked in…not speaking to Teresa when she walked in, then sticking her hand in her face, then trying to imply over and over "someone" was talking about her and trying to unsuccessfully stir the pot…it can't be said enough, she is exhausting. I know teenage girls more mature, and for someone who is knocking on 50, she is unbelievably needy. It was nice to see the others engage her without full out coddling her. Not sure how long that will last but we'll see. 

This made me giggle for like 20 minutes, you always bring the zings ZaldamoWilder :-)! The funny thing is that I've seen Melissa in person before (in Target with her kids, I was standing behind her in line) and she is quite beautiful without makeup. Her skin is absolutely flawless. Why she was sitting up at the table with full raccoon beat like she didn't just wake up is beyond me, her and Jacqueline both. I love how the other women were sitting there bare faced and straight out of effs to give, LOL.

Nice to see Rino and JoeGui together, but with all that Joisy-speak flying all over the place, I couldn't tell you want the hell they were talking about, LOL.

I don't know if it's the contrast between her and Crazy Jac, but I'm liking this zen Teresa. She's still a bit of a bubble head, but isn't taking the bait on anything, and nothing is ruffling her feathers. I'm liking the Sig too. She's over the top and would probably be a bit much to hang out with in real life, but on TV it's entertaining. I'm liking the dynamic of the women in general, though I know it's not going to last. :-(

Lol!  You know what?  I believe it.  Her skin overall is amazing.  With all of them though I was like please tell me after the cameras shutdown everybody ran to the jar of Pond's in the bathroom.   It wasn't just that she woke up fully beat, it was all still in place.  Delores didn't even look like the same person.  I totally get what dudes mean when they say we  don't need all the goop.  

2 hours ago, Irritable said:

I always feel like an alien when it comes to this show because I don't hate Jacqueline and never have.  When she's up, she seems like kind of a fun hang, and when she's down I feel like she has a good reason to be.  She left the room to go cry in the bathroom by herself, which is the only thing she could have possibly done in a situation like that to not make the moment all about her.  She's vain enough that she doesn't especially want to be shown crying on television, either, because that's no one's best look.  The other women could have just as easily not gone looking for her and assumed she was on the toilet - when I go on girls' trips, if someone disappears to the bathroom for 20 minutes we all assume she's having IBS issues (the struggle is REAL) or something, and leave her alone.  She'll rejoin the group when she's ready.

It was nice that the other women were so kind and supportive to her during that moment, and I do like the new ladies very much, which I didn't really see coming.  I liked watching a group of women just have a nice, caring time together, during the up moments, and the down.  This might be the first RHoNJ episode that I actually enjoyed and didn't just sit through for the hell of it  (I really don't know why I watch this franchise, normally I find Teresa abhorrent and she's usually the focus, but I can't seem to help myself).  Teresa seemed human and genuinely nice for the first time to me, ever.  Melissa I always like, always have.  With every season I like her more.  Honestly, Jac and Melissa are the two women I could almost see myself being friends with in the real world more than anyone else on this show.  Not sure what that says about me.  You could not pay me to spend an hour around Teresa.

Not gonna lie, that spa looked fabulous, and I know by Housewife standards it was supposed to be "low rent', but that looked like a damn DREAM to me.  I would think I had died and gone to heaven staying there for a few days with my closest friends.  That food OMG.

I was fully prepared to call Jac a self absorbed asshole but was stopped by the realization that what she was upset had never even occurred to me.   And I'm gonna be in the minority and say I didn't think her feelings were particularly neglectful of CJ.  Ordinarily I might have, but what triggered thoughts about not just children, but specifically Nicholas was that each mom was talking about their youngest.   Except Teresa who'd mentioned Gia's dance, but Melissa was talking about her baby's wrestling, Siggy about Sophie's basketball, Melissa talking about her own experience as the baby of the family.  The night before that Tree at dinner mentioned fearing Audriana would forget her because she was the baby and she and Nicholas are exactly the same age.     I was impressed too girl.  I was waiting for one of them to say something insensitive or just not give any fucks at all.   It was nice to see.   It even made me wish my sister had hair long enough for a pony tail so I could twirl it like Tree did Jac when she was upset.

I recognized Crystal Springs from groupon getaway type offers they email all the time.   This episode did way more for their image than their website is capable of.   Frozen treats by the pool and that dry brushing business in the spa room?  Yes please.

I continue to refuse to understand why Gorga can't figure out how to feed his children or operate a dishwasher.    On a related note, even when they are just whipping up a casual dinner for themselves, it looks like the most delicious thing of all time. 

Their ride or die hardship stories:

When-she-lets-her-side-eye-slip.gif

except Siggy, hers was sweet. 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Just not off the floor. Or the back of Tre's pants!

I just hope he doesn't become (if he hasn't already) "The Other One"

10 hours ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

I agree. Zen Theresa's calmness comes from the dynamic she experienced in  prison where it is best to not be a hot head, you think before reacting, learn to disengage, diffuse and, walk away.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 8

I continue to refuse to understand why Gorga can't figure out how to feed his children or operate a dishwasher. 

I'm sure JoeGo was coddled by his mom before he married and moved out of the house, and never had to cook for himself or do laundry. But still, there's no excuse for being thrown by microwave popcorn. The instructions are right there on the bag.

A few weeks ago someone contrasted the Joes and their level of engagement with their kids and household activities. I stuck up for JoeGo a little bit (and can't believe I did!). Either he really is clueless or this is a show of machismo. 

I'll say this for Juicy - he knows where the bread's getting buttered and doesn't make a fuss about his wife working outside of the house. He also doesn't pull this "I'm a MAN and cooking a meal makes me lose a bit of my testosterone each time" nonsense.

• Love 7

Oh my goodness, that pool! I would totally go there, though I don't want any spa treatments, just the pool.

I kind of hate online armchair psychology directed at reality-show people but Jaqueline's "love me, love me not" thought made me think of OCD tendencies, which are known to increase in women close to menopause (women who already display the tendencies, I mean--not all women).

I also hate mess in real life, but I always think its horrifying-funny when someone on TV makes one; I laughed when Teresa super-abruptly flipped that candy onto the floor...but I was waiting for a reference to the infamous sprinkle-cookie incident.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

She could also share those proud parenting moments she's had with Ashley......Oh, right.  Never mind.

Hahahaha. I actually totally forgot about her. I guess that's what happens when you treat your daughter as your friend the entire time she's growing up. I don't think of Jaq as an actual "mother" to her. 

15 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

I'm sure JoeGo was coddled by his mom before he married and moved out of the house, and never had to cook for himself or do laundry. But still, there's no excuse for being thrown by microwave popcorn. The instructions are right there on the bag.

Here's the problem with men (and yes, I realize I'm generalizing) - they're just not as good at multitasking as women are. My husband lived on his own for many years and was not coddled by his mother, but he still isn't much of a cook. He can grill like no one's business, but he burns microwave popcorn all the time. Why? Because while waiting, he finds something else to do, and forgets about the popcorn. That's the same way he burned an oven-ready lasagna he was trying to make when I had our first son. Me? I can be making 5 things at once, starting a load of laundry, washing some dishes - and I know where everything is at and when I need to get back to it, etc. 

I've had similar complaints from friends/family about their husbands as well, so I'd like to think it's kind of "man thing", but I absolutely believe Joe was spoiled to death by his mother and I'm surprised he's actually trying to "cook" and not just ordering pizza. 

18 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

I'll say this for Juicy - he knows where the bread's getting buttered and doesn't make a fuss about his wife working outside of the house. He also doesn't pull this "I'm a MAN and cooking a meal makes me lose a bit of my testosterone each time" nonsense.

See, and I thought men cooking in Italian culture was kind of the norm. No, I'm not just basing this on scenes from Goodfellas! One of my best friends when I was younger was 100% Italian and he said the men in his family were always up in the kitchen. He said his dad made better sauce than his mother. So I don't know. Juicy seems more normal to be, and Gorga is just a brat. 

• Love 8

Ghoulina, my husband isn't much of a cook either. And that's okay. But if I'm not at home, he figures something out. I should have been clearer with my original post - it's not that JoeGo doesn't know his way around the kitchen, it's that he's acting helpless with his wife out of the house, and making a stink about it with "I'm a lion who needs to see his meat" comments.

• Love 1

And that it was only an hour's drive away from them.  That place looked great.  I wonder how much business the show generated for them. 

Crystal Springs is a half hour from where I work. I have patients who work there.  Of course by asking them about it I will have to admit out loud that I watch this show.....

• Love 4
13 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Though I'll continue to stand on my soapbox  and preach about how we need an all stars season, I'd be fine with a real housewives fantasy league. Watching Jac flip out and then turn paranoid and weird I kept thinking that if you drafted her for your team, she would be a great draft pick because she's so consistent and reliable in her particular brand of crazy.

I've always thought we needed Survivor: The Housewives.  Plop them on an island someplace with no phones, no makeup, no wine.....let's see who comes out on top and who is begging to be voted off after 30 minutes.

1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I recognized Crystal Springs from groupon getaway type offers they email all the time.   This episode did way more for their image than their website is capable of.   Frozen treats by the pool and that dry brushing business in the spa room?  Yes please.

I liked the idea that they went someplace local (was that because of Teresa's situation?). While I like exotic locations, it was nice to see them realize they can have a great time close to home.  

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I thought it was funny all the luggage Melissa hauled along with her.  

I cracked up with bumbling Joe making dinner for the kids, even tho I'm sure some of it was producer driven.  Can't believe he had the fish sticks/nuggets on some type of broiler pan that we all never use.  "Whatza baking sheet?"  Why couldn't he be like most Dads and order a pizza or do carryout, especially if they had to go out right after?  Or why didn't Melissa leave them a pot of spaghetti & meatballs.

I'm not a Juicy fan but loved seeing him & Rino together. Maybe Rino can send him food care packages.

When Tre & Jaq were reminiscing about about Italy, I was thinking Tre & family may be calling that home in a few years if Joe gets deported.  Real Housewives of Italy ??  Andy's probably working on it now. 

That was all producer driven. First they all claim not to know was a baking pan is, then he bakes and burns up FOUR frozen little chicken tenders. But at the end, he is seasoning at least four fresh fillets on a foiled wrapped baking sheet.

2 hours ago, Normades said:

I don't particularly like Jaq, but I felt bad for her.  Raising a child with medical issues is no rose garden and watching and listening to other mothers talk about their children must highlight all the dreams she had, but will never realize.  One of the things that really bothers me though, is when people like Tre say, "Oh if you just believe, Nick will do all the things you've dreamed about."  I realize Tre is trying to be supportive, but No, Nick most likely will not do those things.  I grew up with a disabled sibling and it certainly wasn't going to happen and I don't see a typical life for Nick from what we've been shown.  Nick does, however have lots of love and support and he and Jaq can find different dreams along a different path.  I think she'd be happier if she changed her expectations for his life and worked within his abilities.

But what else can Teresa say to a pity sponge like Jaq without setting her off?

• Love 5
14 hours ago, TexasGal said:

6 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

I've always thought we needed Survivor: The Housewives.  Plop them on an island someplace with no phones, no makeup, no wine.....let's see who comes out on top and who is begging to be voted off after 30 minutes.

No! The prize every week has to be wine or booze, never immunity. Alcohol Is like Popeye's spinach for real housewives. 

JoeGo's kitchen antics reminded me of those as seen on tv product commercials. Tired of this happening to you? Then you need the Acme kitchen keeper. The kitchen keeper lets you chain your wife to the kitchen so that you, the husband and father, are only responsible for the care of your children in the most abstract way.

Most of that scene was absolute bullshit because JoeGo who was derping all over the kitchen going "duh, what's a baking sheet?" is later seen seasoning fresh fish filets on a baking sheet.

• Love 9

Have we had an episode yet where Jac isn't crying?  Jeebus.  I sympathize with Nick's autism and it does make me feel good when they show him communicating and playing but Jac needs to be strong for him, not breaking down every time someone mentions their own child.  And she does remember she has CJ too, right?  

Really liking Melissa's haircut.

Otherwise, a fairly dull episode all things considered. 

• Love 2

Teresa thought bubble: “queave” is when your pussy heaves. Therefore “quarf” is when your pussy barfs…. as in yeast infection….ewwwww.

Siggy’s face needs more time to settle. Those doctors they hire to perform these procedures should tell them you will have the WTF expression for a year post surgery.

Rino’s eyebrows this week were stenciled in like upside down U’s. Baked clams…yum!

Chris Laurita’s wine cellar is gone? Maybe, but the wine sure ain’t…keep drinking Jrunckoline.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Have we had an episode yet where Jac isn't crying?  Jeebus.  I sympathize with Nick's autism and it does make me feel good when they show him communicating and playing but Jac needs to be strong for him, not breaking down every time someone mentions their own child.  And she does remember she has CJ too, right?  

Really liking Melissa's haircut.

Otherwise, a fairly dull episode all things considered. 

Have we had an episode yet where Jaq hasn't yammered about Nicholas? Sorry the kid is autistic and I understand it's difficult as a parent but damn I'm tired of hearing about it every time someone brings up kids, every time she is filmed at home. Every time she pours on the waterworks to gain sympathy or camera time. I don't need to see him interacting with people. I don't feel good or bad about him, it's just not something I care to see or hear about every week.

She can leave any time now. Not interested her nor her family.

• Love 11