Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E30: Power Of Veto 10

• Start Topic

That was actually a pretty fun looking Veto comp. I loved seeing them all get whipped by the wind and rain and various flying debris. Though when Paul said, "Hi, I'm Blank", I thought he was doing an impression of Corey.

Corey, you never want to be 100% certain that you won't be leaving. Those are usually the people the end up going. 

• Love 13

Good God, Natalie really is one of the worst HoH's ever. She and James are doing big damage to this season IMO.

I wonder if Mr. Moonves will speak out about how some of the HGs are "disappointing" like he did last year.

The guy doing the opening voice-over should have refused to say "Jatalie" and "Nicorey." Uggh.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 6

That was the WORST, most awkward striptease EVER.  Corey HAD to have been directed by BB to do that no matter what, because he can't be THAT dense, can he?

Listening to Nicole talk makes my teeth hurt.  After the comp she was whining about how something or other hit her and made the word neck have six syllables.  It's not even uptalk.  It's whinetalk.  And I hate it.

Jesus Natalie.  No way to ask Paul these questions BEFORE the nomination ceremony?

He was being a wicked jerk even if I agreed with him.

And James seriously wants to stick with Nicole and Corey?  How foolish.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 6

While I'm tired of James pranks tonight's was one of his better ones. The way he was all Ninja about it and everyone else watching was pretty funny. I also loved the Nicole takedown by Paul. It was funny seeing Michelle jump on the couch like a little kid to see the tv better and the way James snuck out of HOH and watched the fight from the see through terrace (although I'm not sure if anyone saw him through the see through terrace). LOL!!!!!!

• Love 3

I thought Vic was supposed to be one the smarter HGs in the house

Whatever gave you that idea? Oh, because the bar is set so low? Good Lord what a bunch of dimwits they got this season.

Michelle: "Corey's not the brightest bulb in the house." The phrase is "not the brightest bulb in the box."

Nicole: "I'm pretty sure Michelle is gunning after me." The phrase is "gunning for me" not "gunning after me." 

I'll admit it was kind of hilarious to watch the completely oblivious Corey doing his strip tease right in the middle of a fight. What a maroon. 

And if you guys didn't want Paul to win Veto maybe you should have paid better attention to the clues instead of just falling asleep and letting Paul memorize them all.

Idiots.

• Love 10
33 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

How was that Veto comp even scored ?  There weren't 21 fill in the blanks questions were there ?  Were the questions weighted ?  WTF ?

I think we only saw a sample of the fill-in-the-blank questions. Natalie said that each one was worth one point and I imagine showing all 25 questions for all six Veto players would not only eat up the whole episode but be boring as hell.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I think we only saw a sample of the fill-in-the-blank questions. Natalie said that each one was worth one point and I imagine showing all 25 questions for all six Veto players would not only eat up the whole episode but be boring as hell.

If there were 25 questions, that makes Natalie's 10 pretty pathetic.  There were only 4 possible answers.

• Love 2

Well snap....things are starting to play out as I predicted in my post after Sunday's show...the begaining of the end for James and Natalie by betraying Paul and Victor with their nominations...now they are gunning for the pair. And I am really bummed that Paul will be staying in the house as I do not want a scenario where Paul is in the house at the same time as Paulie (I have little doubt CBS has been writing a lot of over time checks this week for BIG BROTHER staffers who have probably been working late nights to come up with the competition that Paulie simply CAN'T LOSE). If those two are reunited in the house and Victor is gone it will make everyone head spin at how fast we will get a PP 2.0 targeting James and Nat. I'm sad about that as I would have been happy with either one winning though preferable James.

Is there some reason Natalie just couldnt' tell Paul to get his ass out of the HOH bed? I didn't understand that.

Anytime someone says SO and SO can't win the veto....that's always the outcome.

Things are very intersting at this point because its like Jeff Probst likes to say on SURVIVOR....with so few people remaining...there's no place left to hide.'

To close if there is even a 1% chance I'm wrong about the rigging please bring in Day or Brigette...anyone who won't align against Jatalie.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Is there some reason Natalie just couldnt' tell Paul to get his ass out of the HOH bed? I didn't understand that.

My thoughts exactly.  Or James could have gotten Paul out of the bed for Natalie.  (Because Texas guys protect their women.  Well, sometimes.)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Michelle: "Corey's not the brightest bulb in the house." The phrase is "not the brightest bulb in the box."

There are a lot of ways to say that phrase -- I always heard "not the brightest bulb on the tree" growing up -- so this gets a pass from me. Of course, all the bulbs in the house/in the box/on the tree together probably don't add up to the light on my smoke detector, so there's that.

• Love 4

Yeah, James' bizarre loyalty to airhead Corey is strange to me. Dude, he's what -- 6'6", athletic as heck and has such a dimbulb personality that he hasn't offended anyone (other than makers of IQ tests). He's not who you want to take to the end, nor who you want to be facing, staring down the barrel of an endurance comp. There shouldn't be a soul who isn't named Nicole that wants to keep Captain America: Summer Solider in the house. James is just so bad at this game, it makes me a little embarrassed for him.

I thought Paulie was nasty as all hell, but at least he had neurons firing...occasionally. I still don't believe he's a lock to return, though. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

On the other hand, Michelle...Nicole has a shot at winning? Nicole? Not unless this year, the final 2 is performed entirely in mime. Hey, expect the unexpected!

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

To close if there is even a 1% chance I'm wrong about the rigging please bring in Day or Brigette...anyone who won't align against Jatalie.

I honestly don't see them rigging it. Flat out rigging is illegal. They can probably get away with leading people or creating conditions more favorable to certain people, but not rigging. That said, the question is would they do it for Paulie? I think they're a lot less likely to after he physically picked up the wife of CBS's CEO without her consent.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, simplyme said:

I honestly don't see them rigging it. Flat out rigging is illegal. They can probably get away with leading people or creating conditions more favorable to certain people, but not rigging. That said, the question is would they do it for Paulie? I think they're a lot less likely to after he physically picked up the wife of CBS's CEO without her consent.

Moonves to the rescue? Yeah I could lived with that! LOL

2 minutes ago, simplyme said:

I'm pretty sure competition shows don't follow the same rules as game shows; therefore, I would think rigging could legally be done.  I always figured American Idol did some big time rigging.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm pretty sure competition shows don't follow the same rules as game shows; therefore, I would think rigging could legally be done.  I always figured American Idol did some big time rigging.

Survivor has to follow the same rules, so I assume BB does.

ETA: I think if you're going to have people compete for a prize, it pretty much comes down to the fact that you can't then fix the game. Game show or competiton show is just window dressing.

Edited by simplyme
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Yeah, James' bizarre loyalty to airhead Corey is strange to me. Dude, he's what -- 6'6", athletic as heck and has such a dimbulb personality that he hasn't offended anyone (other than makers of IQ tests). He's not who you want to take to the end, nor who you want to be facing, staring down the barrel of an endurance comp. There shouldn't be a soul who isn't named Nicole that wants to keep Captain America: Summer Solider in the house. James is just so bad at this game, it makes me a little embarrassed for him.

Depends on if you think James is playing for Jury, or for the win.  If the latter, then at this point in the game the question isn't who you want to be facing off against in an endurance comp - it's who do you want to be facing off against at the Finale.  And James would probably stand a better chance at F2 against Corey than, say, Victor.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, simplyme said:

Survivor has to follow the same rules, so I assume BB does.

ETA: I think if you're going to have people compete for a prize, it pretty much comes down to the fact that you can't then fix the game. Game show or competiton show is just window dressing.

I found this on Reddit:

With the recent events on this season, there has been a ton of talk about production rigging the game. I have seen a ton of posts about how production cannot rig the game because it is a game show. A quick google search reveals the following link which shows 'Complaints filed with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) against game shows for cheating and contestant drug use'. After searching through for Big Brother, there were several complaints of production rigging during season 8. The interesting thing is the response from the FCC:

"Section 73.1216 of the Commission's rules governs the broadcast of licensee-conducted contests, Le., a contest conducted by an FCC-licensed station in which a prize is offered 'to members of the public.' Since the show 'Big Brother' is conducted by a network programmer (vs. an FCC-licensed station) and does not offer a prize to members of the public, it is not regulated by the FCC. A "game show" in which 'selected contestants' (vs. 'members of the public') participate is governed by Section 509 of Title 47 of the United States Code (USC), and regulated by the Department of Justice. However 'Big Brother' does not appear to meet the definition of a "game show." Rather, it is a 'for entertainment only' program, somewhat similar to professional wrestling in that it is a pseudo-contest in which the outcome is fully, or in some measure, predetermined. "

This indicates that production is able to rig the game any way they like.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, simplyme said:

Wow. That's fascinating. *boggles*

I wonder why Survivor and The Voice meet the criteria to be regulated but BB doesn't?

Can't speak to The Voice - at all - but whether or not Survivor meets the game show criteria depends upon who you ask.

Mark Burnett has said "yes", while CBS has said "no". 

Stacey Spillman's lawsuit - which would have pushed a legal decision on the applicability of game show regulation to Survivor - was settled out of court.

So the jury is still out - both literally and figuratively.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Can't stand vapid Corey, but that utterly clueless semi-striptease should be right under "Who wants some cake?" in terms of awesomely awkward BB moments. (For once, I think the hashtag was justified!)

I laughed so hard at his dimwitted ass! That scene was priceless. I generally enjoy any moment Nicole gets called out on her shit, but the unfortunate striptease was the cherry on that sundae. 

• Love 4

Paul was being a bully, demanding answers from people who didn't put him on the block, as to why he was put up.  I didn't like him in the beginning of the season, then he grew on me, now I find his yelling to be abusive.  He shouts at people until they agree to do what he wants. 

• Love 11

Natalie was beyond annoying this episode. She's so easily manipulated to put Paul on the block, and then after two seconds of conversation with Paul she's crying because she realizes she was manipulated, then she wants him gone again because he fell asleep in her bed. Can she not stick to a decision for two seconds? 

I have no idea why James is so loyal to Corey or why Corey trusts him so much when James just flipped to get Paulie out of the house, but keeping Corey in the game would be such a bone headed decision. I seriously hope he doesn't do it. 

I don't really like Paul but at least he's focused on playing the game and winning and can see that Corey and Nicole are playing for Corey and Nicole and will step on anyone they have to to win. 

Maybe Corey didn't pay that much attention to the storm clues overnight because he knew that if he went up only James' vote would count and that James won't vote against him. If James is that dumb...ugh.

Edited by Summerday
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, TimWil said:

Good God, Natalie really is one of the worst HoH's ever. She and James are doing big damage to this season IMO.

I wonder if Mr. Moonves will speak out about how some of the HGs are "disappointing" like he did last year.

The guy doing the opening voice-over should have refused to say "Jatalie" and "Nicorey." Uggh.

Ugh!  I wanted that too!  Come on, Big Brother announcer, enter the house so you can slap their lips off!

Goddamnit, I go back and forth on these houseguests.

Spoiler

I mentioned the Live Threads thread in one post, not even any particulars, houseguests or situations, just a general mention, but it was egregious enough to be issued a grave warning that I may be eliminated, and my posts deleted before I could amend my post to reflect that.  So I'm walking on eggshells here on what I can post, regarding any Live Feeds Thread mention.  Also, how are some of you able to mention that thread in Episode Threads, but I am not?  I better quit now why I'm ahead.  Goddamnit.

• Love 2

If Paul sleeping in the HOH bed bothered Nat then why did she continue to let him sleep there?  It would have bothered me as well, but I would have woken his ass up.  She complained about it but did nothing.... just went to London and complained some more.  Sheesh!!!

Can't wait till James learns about the jury buyback.  Nothing is going to stop me from enjoying that glorious moment.  My house could be on fire and I think I would stay glued to the TV just long enough to watch James' facial expression before calling the fire department.  Virtually anybody coming back into the game ruins HIS chances of winning.  If it's a female, she'll side with another female.  If it's Vic/Corey or Paulie, Nat and James will definitely be their main target.

James is SO screwed.  And I'm loving it.  

• Love 7

Well, I am fairly satisfied with this ending. I'm kind of rooting for Paul, because I honestly think he's played the best game. While I LIKE Nat and James, this isn't a congeniality contest. So I wanted to see Paul off the block. BUT....I didn't want Natalie to go back on her original nominations. That would have made me lose respect for her. Despite the fact that her information came from untrustworthy sources, Paul is one of (if not THE) biggest threat in the game, so nominating him makes sense, regardless. Plus, it gives her credentials. If she got out a big player, she stands a better shot of gaining jury votes. Seeing how easily she was manipulated by Paul made me sad for her, and just proved while Paul deserves to be there. 

So I'm glad he got HIMSELF off the block. Now Nat has little choice but to put up on the waste-of-space duo. I hope Corey goes home, simply because he's such a follower, and it will leave wittle ol Nicole on her own. 

Wasn't it hilarious when Paul and Nicole were fighting and Corey comes busting out, wanting to celebrate the removal of his unitard......and no one cares? Bahahaha. "We're fighting here." He still keeps going. Shimmying his pecs in Nicole's face, with absolutely zero awareness of the tension in the room. Finally...."Are you guys fighting?" Duh. 

Then he and Nicole find cuddling more important than listening to the storm reports, while Paul turns into Hitler Jr. Well, look who won. Like I said, some people deserve to be there...others, not so much. 

That Veto was literally my worst nightmare. Being wet and cold at the same time? Pass. I did love "Victor Caliente", though! 

Final thought - Nat, grow a spine and kick Paul out of your bed. It's YOUR HOH. Stop being nice ALL the time. You can wake him up and demand he sleep elsewhere. 

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

I hate Nicole's yellow sweater. Hate.

The yellow sweater, combined with her messy disaster of a bun, makes her look like Big Bird the morning after an all-night bender.  Nicole has way too much hair to wear it like that.  It drives me to distraction how she's always poking at her bun when it starts to fall sideways.

24 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Final thought - Nat, grow a spine and kick Paul out of your bed. It's YOUR HOH. Stop being nice ALL the time. You can wake him up and demand he sleep elsewhere. 

What is up with the super-relaxed rules about the HOH room now?  Back when having that room actually meant something, HG's used to have to knock and be let in by whoever was occupying the room.  Now, they can barge in whenever they want.  And as far as sleeping in the HOH bed by anyone other than the HOH (and their showmance), it seems that Paul is really pushing his boundaries by crashing in natalie's bed.  I'd be extremely ticked off if the one private room I had to myself had been taken over by someone else without asking.  As for James not waking Paul up and telling him to GTFO...spineless.  So much for Texas men lookin' out for their wimmin-folk.

Corey...I have no words.  Production should edit in a big, empty word bubble over his head every time he appears on screen.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Nashville said:

And James would probably stand a better chance at F2 against Corey than, say, Victor.

But I don't ever see that happening because Corey will never take James, ever. He'll take Nicole (the duo James is fighting so hard to keep in the house) and win.

And I actually think Corey vs. James, and Corey wins. He has the dudebro vote and can likely make the argument that he never did anything that would make the women mad at him. While James allied with that evil Natalie.

What is interesting that if Paulie does get back in the house, he becomes much more valuable as a goat. James keeping Corey keeps a potential ally for said goat (as Mr. Stupid-tacular will drop James and Natalie in a hot minute if his "bro" comes back). This week has already incentivized Paul to dig up PP from the backyard if that happens (pun intended).

Which brings me back to my initial theory: If James keeps Corey, he is so bad at this game, it's embarrassing.

11 hours ago, Marie80 said:

I loved that Veto comp! I thought Vic was supposed to be one the smarter HGs in the house though. Columbus clouds? That's like 8th grade Earth Science. LOL.

Oh man, that was just awful, even my 6-year-old knows all about cumulonimbus clouds. 

10 hours ago, Frootloop Dingus said:

Why don't the hoh's lock the damn door? I surely would!! 

Right? NO ONE would be using my bed, shower, etc. I would lock that shit up tight. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Rather, it is a 'for entertainment only' program, somewhat similar to professional wrestling in that it is a pseudo-contest in which the outcome is fully, or in some measure, predetermined. "

Which makes me ask myself, not for the first time, why in the world am I watching this crap?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

If there were 25 questions, that makes Natalie's 10 pretty pathetic.  There were only 4 possible answers.

Nat has ADD and has a lot of trouble concentrating and focusing on tasks. Mental comps are a real problem for her.

Natalie should not have broken down in front of the others (especially Paul) re her nod.  That just confirmed to them her weakness as a player.

And what is up with James constantly throwing comps.  He should have tried to win this to keep the nods the same.  That way, he would have voted with Nicole and Corey to evict Paul.

As it turns out, he is going to have blood on his hands, since he is the deciding vote on who goes.

• Love 2

11 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Rather, it is a 'for entertainment only' program, somewhat similar to professional wrestling in that it is a pseudo-contest in which the outcome is fully, or in some measure, predetermined. "

Right -   like so many cooking shows, singing competitions, Bachelor shows,  Celebrity Apprentice, etc  -  All the Reality competition TV shows.  They are TV shows first, competitions second, and , not a whole lot of REALITY.   The producers put on a show for the audience, which brings in the advertising revenue.  Telling a good story with a lot of drama and histrionics is what matters, not having a real contest with rules and shit.

• Love 1

Serious question, because I was feeding a teething baby during the show last night: Did the announcer say "a houseguest MIGHT return to the game tonight"? I ask, because I was wondering if maybe it will be some type of endurance comp or something, and the last person standing is HOH. If the last person standing is a jury member, they come back into the game. If the last person standing is already in the house, no one returns. With Nat & Meech ineligible to compete, it ups the chances for a returnee to win in that scenario.

Total speculation on my part, I know nothing at all, except that I'd love for Victor Muy Muy Muy Caliente to stay, Corey to go, and anyone but Paulie to come back, if someone has to come back at all. Oh, and a unicorn, I'd like that, too.

Edited by nkotb
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Eolivet said:

But I don't ever see that happening because Corey will never take James, ever. He'll take Nicole (the duo James is fighting so hard to keep in the house) and win.

And I actually think Corey vs. James, and Corey wins. He has the dudebro vote and can likely make the argument that he never did anything that would make the women mad at him. While James allied with that evil Natalie.

What is interesting that if Paulie does get back in the house, he becomes much more valuable as a goat. James keeping Corey keeps a potential ally for said goat (as Mr. Stupid-tacular will drop James and Natalie in a hot minute if his "bro" comes back). This week has already incentivized Paul to dig up PP from the backyard if that happens (pun intended).

Which brings me back to my initial theory: If James keeps Corey, he is so bad at this game, it's embarrassing.

Not my point - which was that in evaluating THIS vote, James has to look at which pairing would serve himself better in an F2 situation - James/Victor or James/Corey.  Didn't say he's necessarily win either, but James would have a helluva lot better shot with James/Corey.

Did the announcer say "a houseguest MIGHT return to the game tonight"?

The phrasing used is that a juror has the "chance" to return.   Most likely a juror will return since the show is holding off the vote for the next Care Package until Friday August 26th at 3AM Eastern/12AM Pacific.

• Love 1

He's not who you want to take to the end, nor who you want to be facing, staring down the barrel of an endurance comp. 

The last endurance comp (that I can remember) came down to James, Bridget and Da'Vonne. And Bridget and Da only dropped out after making a deal with James. So James has already bested most of the rest of the house in an endurance comp. And Bridget and Da have already bested Paulie and Victor in an endurance competition. So if this jury buy-back is determined by an endurance comp like the last one was, Da and Bridget both have a decent shot.

James was being kind of a wimp about the whole final four deal he and Natalie made with Nicole and Corey. I don't know why he was so hesitant or reluctant to remind Natalie of their deal after she seemed to have flip flopped back in favor of Paul. 

I'm sure Natalie is very sweet and very genuine but she still seems like kind of a dimwit to me.

1 hour ago, backformore said:

The producers put on a show for the audience, which brings in the advertising revenue.  Telling a good story with a lot of drama and histrionics is what matters, not having a real contest with rules and shit.

Running a clean contest doesn't mean that they can't bend what happens completely out of shape when they present it to viewers (except for who wins).

15 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

If there were 25 questions, that makes Natalie's 10 pretty pathetic.

She was one of the HG's who said they were throwing it.

15 hours ago, mojoween said:

Listening to Nicole talk makes my teeth hurt.

I noticed that Natalie's DR's are sounding just like Nicole's and Meech is on the same path. Who's coaching them to be like that and why?

15 hours ago, Marie80 said:

Columbus clouds? That's like 8th grade Earth Science. LOL.

Elementary school for what they're called. Middle school for the details.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, dewelar said:

There are a lot of ways to say that phrase -- I always heard "not the brightest bulb on the tree" growing up -- so this gets a pass from me. Of course, all the bulbs in the house/in the box/on the tree together probably don't add up to the light on my smoke detector, so there's that.

We mix them all together    Not the brightest crayon in the shed

• Love 5

I realize Paul's tirades were strategy on his part, but I didn't like it and I hope he gets voted out in the near future.  Michelle seems to be the only one who sees his potential to win and how he manipulates.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, nkotb said:

Serious question, because I was feeding a teething baby during the show last night:

17 hours ago, mojoween said:

Listening to Nicole talk makes my teeth hurt.  

NKOTB, don't let your baby listen to Nicole!  It'll make the teething worse!

• Love 6