Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, Frazzle said:

I wish Matt would grow a spine already and tell Patrick that he is NOT welcome at the wedding. It is so frustrating to watch this coddled man-baby allow his "friends" and family to absolutely ruin any chances he has at a stable relationship without anything more than a feeble protest. I know Alla is looking out for #1 (and her son) first and foremost, but she is still a saint in my eyes for putting up with this group as gracefully as she has.

I imagine that every time Matt's relationships have fallen to ruin, the friend Patrick is the one tasked with having to pick Matt up off the ground or to beg him to put the gun down or stop drinking.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Frazzle said:

I wish Matt would grow a spine already and tell Patrick that he is NOT welcome at the wedding. It is so frustrating to watch this coddled man-baby allow his "friends" and family to absolutely ruin any chances he has at a stable relationship without anything more than a feeble protest. I know Alla is looking out for #1 (and her son) first and foremost, but she is still a saint in my eyes for putting up with this group as gracefully as she has.

So much this!  

Unless it's producer-driven drama, why in the world would Patrick be allowed at the wedding?  When my darling late husband and I were about to be married, someone who did not wish us well threatened to attend our wedding, presumably to cause a scene, even though this person was not invited.  My husband took matters into his hands and alerted his family members to watch for this person and call authorities if necessary.  If he had been as spineless as Matt in a situation like this, I would have considered it a betrayal.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I imagine that every time Matt's relationships have fallen to ruin, the friend Patrick is the one tasked with having to pick Matt up off the ground or to beg him to put the gun down or stop drinking.

You may be right, but I honestly get the vibe that Patrick doesn't even like Matt. He just seems to bully him under the guise of "looking out for him." Dude's a dick, plain and simple, and Matt is the kind of person who will come back again and again like a kicked puppy.

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, Pfj99 said:

Indeed!  

Does anyone else think it's strange that Jorge carries around large amounts of cash rather than having a checking account or credit cards?  He paid for the $11,000 engagement ring in cash, and he counted out $10,000 in cash to buy a plane ticket.  Who does that??  Even if he's not doing anything illegal, it seems shady to me.  Is he hiding income from the IRS?  Is he hiding from creditors?

Both he and Anfisa are such.....I don't know...I just can't even!

Thank you!

There are even pre-paid cards with ATM options when typical checking accounts aren't an option for you, where you can deposit at least some cash and these options give you routing/account numbers, btw, so you essentially have a checking account through a prepaid debit card (albeit with some limited features, of course).

**sorry, meant to clarify, you can deposit cash via ATM, thinking and not conveying and trying to do too many things!

Edited by lallalla
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Pfj99 said:

Indeed!  

Does anyone else think it's strange that Jorge carries around large amounts of cash rather than having a checking account or credit cards?  He paid for the $11,000 engagement ring in cash, and he counted out $10,000 in cash to buy a plane ticket.  Who does that??  Even if he's not doing anything illegal, it seems shady to me.  Is he hiding income from the IRS?  Is he hiding from creditors?

Selling marijuana is a cash only business because it violates federal laws despite being legal in the state. I was based in Colorado when pot was legalized for medical and recreational use and that was a problem for everyone involved in the business because of the large amounts of cash and the lack of access to business banking.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Pfj99 said:

Cash deposits over $10k require an IRS form to be filled out and many of them in the same account may or may not send red flags.  If he deposited it into his business account (would he even have one?), it's implied, but if he's just putting the cash into his personal weed account, then banks will give some side-eye unless there's a reason.  

• Love 4

Nicole is too young to be making decisions of this magnitude.

Just now, ALittleShelfish said:

Cash deposits over $10k require an IRS form to be filled out and many of them in the same account may or may not send red flags.  If he deposited it into his business account (would he even have one?), it's implied, but if he's just putting the cash into his personal weed account, then banks will give some side-eye unless there's a reason.  

Could he at least deposit half or a quarter of it? Of course, nothing is saying he isn't and the cash we're seeing is just part of what he has...

• Love 3

*slow clap for Nicole's mum* Ma'am, you're the real MVP. I'm glad she told her no. Nicole has the emotional maturity of my 4 year or maybe my 1 1/2 year old. She better take on a second job, or here's a thought: take care of your bloody child!

Anfisa is like the most emotionless person I've ever seen. I'm not sure she's capable of warmth or any happy emotions. I wonder what has hardened her in Russia and made her the shell that she is. Jorge looks pitiful. You're 26 and have the means to travel around the world to find a decent woman. WTF is wrong with you? Then again, I hear a lot of mid 20-somethings talking about life is virtually over if they aren't married and have kids and shit. 

Chantel and her family are terrible actors. I figured an inheritance is why her parents were pushing for a prenup. Now, it makes sense. We all knew River was going to show up. Cut the dramatic crap, TLC.

Alla looked beautiful in the preview. Matt's friend is a total dick. That is all.

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, Pfj99 said:

Indeed!  

He is just not smart about so many things. He will end up like that trashy Italian couple from the Bravo Housewives franchise who ended up in jail after flashing cash all over the place. I would love to be a fly on the wall when Anfisa catches that pay a woman to spread their legs comment from his sister. She is so scary. I wonder if she has some kind of mental health issue or if she is just a stone hearted gold digger who won't go back to Russia no matter what.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, lallalla said:

Nicole is too young to be making decisions of this magnitude.

Could he at least deposit half or a quarter of it? Of course, nothing is saying he isn't and the cash we're seeing is just part of what he has...

Oh yeah.  Totally.   It always made me crazy when a customer would repeatedly ask "What's the amount I can deposit without filling out a form again? Sorry, I keep forgetting..."  LOL Just bring your own personal red flag next time, Mr Weed/Mr Pimp/Ms Lady of the Night, but meanwhile, here's a reminder of the amount to keep as a reminder... Also, cash is so gross to handle.  

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Pfj99 said:

Banks are not even allowed to accept money from marijuana businesses due to regulations.   Lawyers have had their licenses threatened if they help an mj business set up as a business.   Yeah.  Seriously.  

Plus probably hiding on the taxes.   Because that is the American way.

• Love 5

How many cars does Jorge have? When anfisa ordered him back inside, he looked scared to death. And he was going to walk into an airport with 10k in cash and buy a ticket ? They wouldn't know what to do with that much cash. 

Nicole wears Jean shorts and a t shirt with her bra straps hanging out to visit a lawyer? I know it's hot outside and Florida tends to be more casual than other places, but I live in Tampa and it is not acceptable to wear what she had on to visit a lawyer. Thank you Nicole's mom nixed being a co sponsor. Does Nicole not know how to use the Google? She doesn't doesn't know anything about anything does she? And she pouts like a 10 year old when she doesn't get her way. 

Patrick should not attend Matts wedding. I was so happy to see Allas sister. Allas mood went up exponentially and she seemed much more relaxed. 

Don't care about the others. That prenuptial off the interwebs wasn't worth the paper it was printed on.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

That prenuptial off the interwebs wasn't worth the paper it was printed on.

Thank you a billion times.   If you need an important legal document, go to a lawyer.   Do not DIY.   It is well worth the money spent on a lawyer.  

PSA over.

But you know that wasn't the real pre-nup anyway.   It was just the pre-nup for the show.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Virtually Me said:

Me, too. Not sure where that convo should be.

I went and put it under Mo and Danielle's actual thread..."No one will have sex with someone like you.."

Can we PLEASE blast, world-wide, all pics of Mo with his lip thing?

Sure, Danielle has her issues, but my god!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lallalla said:

Nirkya (sp?) is just NOW wondering what else Lowo is keeping? SERIOUSLY girl? PLEASE!

You are ridiculous, just go on. Whatever you see in that grinnin' cheshire cat is NOT fidelity, so please do not try to convince us it is. I think you just want your ass on TV and you want a wedding. I can't even with you. You are too good for all of this. 

I don't think you can even begin to understand the hold that chicken skin has over a gal!

Plus, to seal the deal, you've just been hog tied with fuzzy pink handcuffs and had cupcakes shoved into you gullet!!!

I'm so inspired, I should ask Mr E to feed me chicken skin and cupcakes! After 12 years together, you gotta keep it fresh!

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 13

Did anyone see Lowo dig and flick while he was walking with Narkeiya and friend, before the ice cream incident? *shudder*

Anfisa's lip work appeared to have been done to hide her RBF, with the corners turned up. She doesn't seem comfortable smiling. And the way she so easily manipulates him. I can't begin to say what a putz Jorge is. Dude, buy an open ended ticket back to Russia, and send her on her way. Problem solved.! 

Edited by peaceknit
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Thank you a billion times.   If you need an important legal document, go to a lawyer.   Do not DIY.   It is well worth the money spent on a lawyer.  

PSA over.

But you know that wasn't the real pre-nup anyway.   It was just the pre-nup for the show.

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who was thinking this. Then, at the wedding, the mom is flipping through this document looking for the..was it the inheritance part? Um, and if it wasn't there, then what?

Good grief, manufactured drama.

• Love 5

I need this show to be over, so I can stop watching. I have no desire to watch any of these couples on another year, especially Nicole. She fills me with a rage for a stranger that is unnecessary in my life. I want to strangle her, an Anifisa.

I get the argument about Jorge wishing for a woman who was mean because he enjoys it, but have never seen it in him. From her arrival at the airport, when he said something like, "You cancelled my ticket so you could surprise me, right?" while looking at her all hopeful, I thought he was in an abusive situation. Nothing has changed that opinion. His resigned laugh/sigh when she first shut off his phone and locked him out of his accounts didn't seem like arousal, but more surprise at the absurdity. They will be on Investigation Discovery next. 

Narkiya is flat out stupid if she continues that relationship, because he has flat out told her that women were not to question men. She will get to show off a physically fit, but ugly in face (imo) and personality (per everyone), for about a month before he finds someone to fly him around the country a la Mohammed.

Alla seems to get that she is marrying a man-child, so whatever. Glad your sister could come and hope everything is working out well with her son acclimating. At his age, he should be able to blend in well. If his friend says something at their wedding, it just proves that he needs everything to be about him, like the narcissist he is. I think that the producers try and encourage this behavior, like with Chantel and her family, but he just oozes "I'm a dickhead" and I don't think it took a word from production for him to act the way he does.

Finally, Chantel. Their entire relationship seems so scripted, that I don't believe any of it. However, she routinely says or does something that makes me think that she did lie to her family until the last minute, because she knew her family knew she was too immature and dumb to be married and would tell her so. The big "Will they or won't they attend" bull would insult me as a viewer, if Nicole and Anifisa had not already hit my limit. I was kind of hoping her brother was in a basketball tournament as a member of team, so they would tell her, "Of course he can't be here, you should have told us about it a long time ago, and you could have scheduled with our calendars. His team is not suffering for your lack of planning." But, of course, it was fake drama. Don't know if I can make it through another episode.

Oh, good. Part two of the tell all to raise my blood pressure higher. I think I need to drink to watch this show.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Christina said:

Those one size fits all pre-nuptials are worth less than the paper they are printed on. If they are serious, they can still have a post nuptial agreement done, with the attorneys.

Not to mention, Pedro is not fluent in English and probably had a minimal understanding of what the document actual said.

• Love 4

I'm glad Nicole's Mom said no to the co-sponsor idea. But I get the feeling Nicole will continue to pester her until she caves. She can't take no for an answer.

Alla should've gotten her roots retouched and an eyebrow wax before the wedding. Glad her sister could be there for her.

Anfisa and Jorge. At first I thought he'd finally come to his senses. Then all it took was one little lunch where she batted her fake spider lashes at him and made some vague promise to change and he's right back in Doom City, population 1. I have no sympathy for him if he marries her, he deserves all the crap she's going to dish out until the money runs out, at which time she'll dump him immediately.

narkiya is just a glutton for punishment. 

Chantal/Pedro's segment was scripted and predictable. Her family shows up and they do the deed. No surprise there. Pedro was so cheap, he couldn't even buy her any flowers for her wedding! 

• Love 10

This season's 90 dayer's are the biggest trainwrecks yet! Good God! Jorge and Nicole are dumber than a box of rocks! Maybe they should get together. 

Anfisa puts Jorge and the TLC. Crew through hell but Jorge is going to marry her after all. SMDH! You know she'll be gone once she gets the green card.

nicole is an immature child, insecure and delusional. Good for her Mom standing up to her.

Matt, just tell Patrick you are not invited to the wedding. Done!

Narkiya come back home, Lowo is scamming you!

Chantal and Pedro's wedding was so fake. Let's stand around and pretend family Chantal are not coming and...oh, here they are and they are happy with the internet pre-nup paper. Ok, right. 

• Love 8

Wow!  Narkiya just found out that Lowo was trying to get back together with his son's mother while he was talking to Narkiya!  Oh My!  Now she thinks there might be OTHER things he's not telling her!  Boyoboy, she's a sharp one, that Narkiya!

• Love 20

It's been a hot minute since TLC was an acronym for The Learning Channel, but they taught me a valuable lesson tonight.

If I ever meet Jorge in person - after I full-body recoil, of course - I'm totally going to mug him. I'm an upstanding, nonviolent citizen who has never burgled anyone (okay, I stole a nail polish from a friend's house when I was 12, that was my most recent offense), but he's the absolute worst and apparently has enough cash on him to buy a Kia at a moment's notice. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Samurai X said:

Is Jorge serious? He's 26 and talking like its the end of the road for him and he has to settle down now. What a muppet.

I know. What kind of man that young thinks if they don't settle now they never will. Well, if he marries Anfisa she will settle his ass ALLLLLL THE WAY DOWN

2264375202_f3ce219748.jpg

Seriously, I am just looking for the button to FF this mess to the part where Anfisa puts a life insurance policy on his ass and collects double indemnity for his 'accidental death.' I have just thrown up my hands with Jorge. Who the HELL just drives to the airport without luggage (which even the TLC producer remarked upon) to try and buy a ticket outside of a life or death situation? Isn't that what the interwebs are for? I call BS on that one. How does Jorge go from Anfisa must go bitch season with his sisters to 'I don't know what is gonna happen' after she keys his car to totally seeing the light after Anfisa manages to barely contain her malice for 5 minutes? It was like his world light up when she 'opened up' which was her sitting there stone faced and trying not to roll her eyes. He acts like a battered spouse and whipped puppy. I feel like he damn near flinched when she opened the door to try and talk to the producers.  Someone is wrong with that boy. 

Anfisa has an ugly smile, which might be way she doesn't smile that often. Still doesn't account for her serial killer flat effect.

Lowo's friend must have gotten a TLC check and trolling - anyone notice his 'friend or faux' shirt he was wearing. A little too on the nose.

Speaking of which, Matt must get that check too because it makes no sense that he is more upset over this than Matt's own twin and mom. 

Chantal's default setting is to lie. Her parents wanted her to get a legal pre-nup drawn up by an attorney and instead she just printed one off legalforms.com and presented it as valid. I can't see that document being found legal mostly due to the language barrier. Pedro better watch out for her ass. Pedro and Chantal's drama over whether her family would show up was the fakest fake that was ever faked on this show. 

Nicole? Sweet heavens above. Thank goodness for extended family because May would be in a heap of shit if it was solely up to Nicole. Predators target dumb chicks like Nicole with young children willing to let their uncle bad touch asses access to kids because they long for a man.  Her 16 yr brother was spitting nothing but true facts.

• Love 14

Narika and the ice cream cone was so tacky, low rent and criminal. Had a man done the same thing I'd be screaming for him to get arrested. Same thing goes for Nicole and the shove. Outrageous behavior by women who should know better.  

As far as Nicole being so dense regarding the culture of Morocco, maybe she thought she was going to Monaco?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Banks are not even allowed to accept money from marijuana businesses due to regulations.   Lawyers have had their licenses threatened if they help an mj business set up as a business.   Yeah.  Seriously.  

Plus probably hiding on the taxes.   Because that is the American way.

The bank I work at....the system asks all kinds of questions.  We can't open accounts for medical marijuana dispensaries or growers. #MostConservativeBankEver

• Love 2

Jorge is so pathetic I can barely watch him.  Grow a pair of balls, guy.  This miserable bitch keyed your car and you still let her order you around.  No wonder she doesn't respect you, you doormat.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Jorge is so pathetic I can barely watch him.  Grow a pair of balls, guy.  This miserable bitch keyed your car and you let still let her order you around.  No wonder she doesn't respect you, you doormat.

It was even more humiliating when he silently went back inside the apartment at her command, and she closed the door on the producers.

• Love 6

I LOL'd at Anfisa yanking Jorge's leash when the producers were trying to talk to him.  Ahh you coming?  Ahh you coming?  Good lord. Clearly he is into being treated like that.  I got no pity for the guy. The dopey way he was trying to explain to them why he couldn't put Anfisa on a plane ... spare me.  He LOVES her walking all over him.  They are a match made in heaven.

1 hour ago, annewithaneee said:

If I ever meet Jorge in person - after I full-body recoil, of course - I'm totally going to mug him. 

Yeah, he is gonna get mugged for that big wad of cash in 5.... 4..... 3.... 2 ..... What a dumb ass broadcasting to the world that he walks around with thousands of dollars on him all the time.  I might be tempted to try and pick his pocket I ran into him on the street sometime, too, damn. But only if Anfisa was not around.  She skeers me!  

• Love 11
4 hours ago, MollysDevice said:

I can't take Ansfisa seriously with those  super long fake lashes. She could use those things are dusters if she wanted to. 

I don't think Anfisa would know what to do with a duster! Her mouth continues to fascinate me with her really plumped up lower lip, thin top lip with a tiny bow and the upturned corners which give her a permanent smirk.

If anyone is in the Irvine, CA area, be on the lookout for a big dimwitted schlub with a school-picture-day haircut. He's got at least $ 10K in his cargo shorts! Jorge might as well be wearing a "rob me" sign on his back. (I forget, how many times was he robbed already?) 

I'm going to call Chantel's hastily printed (for her parents' benefit) internet form a "Shut Up Pre-Nup." So, now that they got married, maybe Father Chantel will take everyone out for ice cream? 

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I LOL'd at Anfisa yanking Jorge's leash when the producers were trying to talk to him.  Ahh you coming?  Ahh you coming?  Good lord. Clearly he is into being treated like that.  I got no pity for the guy. The dopey way he was trying to explain to them why he couldn't put Anfisa on a plane ... spare me.  He LOVES her walking all over him.  They are a match made in heaven.

I'm not sure he loves it.   He seems genuinely miserable, like an alcoholic who can't find his way out of the bottle, knows he should but just can't.   I think it humiliated him to be browbeaten like that in front of others.

What he needs in his life are some male friends to give him perspective.  He seems very lonely and kind of lost.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, peaceknit said:

Jorge earned instant asshole points when he took up 2 parking spaces in the garage. 

This.  Forever and ever and ever.

Did you get a glimpse of Anfisa without the thirty pounds of makeup, in the SUV she vandalized?  Yeesh.

• Love 6

What is it with the women on the show and physical/emotional abuse they inflict upon their partners?!?! Why is not a bigger deal? From Anfisa to Narkiya to Nicole...these women have serious issues.

I've said it before, but it is clear to be that Jorge is in a very unhealthy relationship and it borders on abuse. Imagine if the roles were reversed and it was Anfisa being yelled at to come into the apartment and then when she steps out to talk to the producer, Jorge was sternly telling her to come back in. Or Jorge keyed Anfisa's car in anger. People would be furious! Jorge practically jumped 20 feet up in fear when Anfisa opened the door. Like, wtf? There is something seriously wrong here. I don't care what Jorge said about American women or what he promised her, what I keep seeing in their relationship is not okay. He looked like a very broken man when he was carrying those bags and Anfisa kept telling him to come along. He had such a hopeful expression when he asked Anfisa what's the most important in a relationship - he was holding out that she would say love and mean it. I don't know what went on in his childhood or what happened to him to make him think it deserves this treatment, but he doesn't. I hope his sisters go into protective mode and one day help him see that.

Anfisa's claim that she's bored and lonely while Jorge works...I have no sympathy. I am more sympathetic to Alla in that respect. Anfisa is such an annoying brat that I just don't feel bad for her at all. Pick up a book, go for a jog during the day, get into Netflix, go to the gym, etc. She's an adult who should be able to entertain herself while Jorge earns the money she keeps obsessing over.

I remember it being a huge issue with Chase bank when porn stars would try to open accounts to hold their earnings, so I am not surprised Jorge would have a problem opening a bank account for his marijuana business. Seems like a very dangerous situation. I hope Jorge was carrying around the money for show and that this isn't a regular occurrence. He did say he got robbed before so maybe he has no idea how flashy he comes off.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 14
On 11/11/2016 at 11:26 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

I know, I just can't get the image of the "afters" of said chicken skin dinner out of my head.

Narkiya hog tied with those fuzzy pink handcuffs and Lowo using a cupcake for a gag.

I'll see myself out...

Noooooo! Don't go! You conjure such wonderfully funny images. If you leave, who's going to do that? You fill a niche in this eco-system. You can't leave!

On 11/12/2016 at 8:47 AM, hisbunkie said:

To be fair, I thought he was giving  directions.  The 99Cent Store was just a reference point.  

I like to think that underneath all of Jorge's faults, he is respectful to women, which is why he leaves when A kicks him out.  It probably comes from having so many sisters.

Jorge's sister Lourdes is the real star of this season. She's level-headed, calm, and can say everything that needs to be said with just her eyebrows.

• Love 4