Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 11/7/2016 at 10:25 PM, operalover said:

I know a lot of people from Russia that feel the American way of life is very isolating. Often they live in these big apartment buildings with inner courtyards where everyone interacts in the yard and I off their balconies all day long. You can go out on your back porch and talk to the entire neighborhood in a lot of Russian cities. They come here and sit alone in a house or apartment and feel lonely and isolated.  I do think Anfisa is bored all day and she can't work or she might just to get attention outside of the house. That is a big cultural difference as our cities are not built like that. Plus I guess she can't just take a walk and be in a big piazza full of people either.  I think she thought she would be the center of attention in America and not sitting alone all day. Lol. 

I live in one of those big Russian apartment buildings, but I hate people, haha. It is definitely a more community-focused culture though, and America is very individual-focused. It's something I am preparing my BF for, if we take this step. I would put more blame on LA being such a "car city," though, and I don't think Jorge has encouraged her to make friends--can't have American women influencing her with their feminist ways!

Edited by deltaburkefan
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, deltaburkefan said:

I live in one of those big Russian apartment buildings, but I hate people, haha. It is definitely a more community-focused culture though, and America is very individual-focused. It's something I am preparing my BF for, if we take this step. I would put more blame on LA being such a "car city," though, and I don't think Jorge has encouraged her to make friends--can't have American women influencing her with their feminist ways!

From what we have seen Anisfa has no problem stating her mind or telling Jorge what to do so I don't see him as the one who is stopping her from making friends, the fact that she seems have two moods:petulant brat and vindictive ass probably has as much to do with it.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

I think Jorge expected her to stay at home and knit him sweaters and have a nice meal when he came home.Maybe wearing heels and just an apron. Instead he got a Bulldog who is demanding to be fed and entertained and wants diamond collars.

Bulldogs are infinitely more beautiful than Anfisa could ever dream of being.

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure that production picks people who live in isolated/no good public transportation areas.   They also probably don't encourage them to go out and meet people.   It avoids leaks and lets production create the storylines they want without contradiction.

• Love 1

I had no idea that the key to true love was letting my honey eat my chicken skin!!!  

On 11/10/2016 at 0:40 PM, bunny said:

Maybe she uses the diamond to scratch IDIOT into the car...

I thought he had a sports car.  Then they show a suburban type thing.  Regardless, someone who did something like that to my car?  Would be sent back without another word.   Who lets something like that happen???

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I had no idea that the key to true love was letting my honey eat my chicken skin!!!  

I know, I just can't get the image of the "afters" of said chicken skin dinner out of my head.

Narkiya hog tied with those fuzzy pink handcuffs and Lowo using a cupcake for a gag.

I'll see myself out...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

I thought he had a sports car.  Then they show a suburban type thing.  Regardless, someone who did something like that to my car?  Would be sent back without another word.   Who lets something like that happen???

Maybe he had to get the Escalade because all her crap didn't fit in the Audi when he picked her up at the airport.  He wants to be prepared when he sends her back.  One can hope.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I know, I just can't get the image of the "afters" of said chicken skin dinner out of my head.

Narkiya hog tied with those fuzzy pink handcuffs and Lowo using a cupcake for a gag.

I'll see myself out...

Oh my Gawwwd!

• Love 4
On 11/10/2016 at 11:46 PM, DolceAndMohamed said:

Quick side note, but did anyone else make out "Jorge's" shitty Spanish and realize he directed his "client" to a 99 cent store for his "$15,000 deal"

To be fair, I thought he was giving  directions.  The 99Cent Store was just a reference point.  

I like to think that underneath all of Jorge's faults, he is respectful to women, which is why he leaves when A kicks him out.  It probably comes from having so many sisters.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

From what we have seen Anisfa has no problem stating her mind or telling Jorge what to do so I don't see him as the one who is stopping her from making friends, the fact that she seems have two moods:petulant brat and vindictive ass probably has as much to do with it.

On that note: can you imagine how she must treat production staff?  They are the people I want to hear from!  Please! 

• Love 7

Nicole is just horrid all the way around.  She could not look her Mother and Sister in the face when she talked about Azan's criticisms.....maybe because she left out THE MOST IMPORTANT PARTS -- HER actions in those scenes?  She is a piece of work!  There is no way those two should 'stay' together, but it is mostly because of HER and her cringeworthy attitude.  I can only hope that her family is as horrified as we all are when they watch her hijinks in Morocco.  There are plenty of pretty and big girls who have ENERGY and enthusiasm....Nicole is not one of them.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Frazzle said:

Did you guys catch the Netflix home screen on the lawyer's computer during the prenup scene? lol. Kept disappearing and reappearing too so it made the editing pretty obvious.

I only watched the preview but that caught my attention too.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

When you're getting schooled in relationships by your 12-year-old brother, you know you've got a life problem.

Right? I was shocked by how well-spoken and wise this kid was. Hard to believe he's related to Nicole!

• Love 8

God, Chantel is annoying. She's being so sulky because her actions have consequences and she doesn't get a dream wedding because she lied to her family and hid the fact that she was engaged. What did you think was going to happen? Also, why the hell didn't she choose a dress and all of that before the day of the wedding? Poor pedro, she's treating marrying him like a chore she doesn't want to do. 

Also, did Jorge double park his stupid over priced car? I hope his apartment complex fines him for that. 

Edited by MollysDevice
  • Love 12

I just..can't..even...

can we all discuss this in-person? We'd probably need a vacation, just for the first 9 minutes of THIS episode.

LAWD help me!

WHY did it take this many seasons to discuss a sponsor?  WHY am I so grateful, like some starved animal after a single breadcrumb, for it?

OH MY!

Are they really sending Anfisa back for this? I'm not saying they shouldn't (or should), but, production watches while she does this, then suggests she should be sent back for it? Not that they should have to intervene, but what? Am I the only one thinking this is just...just..JUST??!!

Nirkya (sp?) is just NOW wondering what else Lowo is keeping? SERIOUSLY girl? PLEASE!

You are ridiculous, just go on. Whatever you see in that grinnin' cheshire cat is NOT fidelity, so please do not try to convince us it is. I think you just want your ass on TV and you want a wedding. I can't even with you. You are too good for all of this. 

• Love 9

Thank you, Nicole's mother, for bringing up May, and the fact that Nicole should actually care about that child. It's just a shame that Nicole has the personality and maturity of a middle schooler. What happened with Nicole? How is her brother so much more mature and well spoken compared to her? 

• Love 21

Nicole- "I didn't ask your permission."

UM, yeah, you pretty much did. Because withour your mom co-signing, you are SOL.

And THANK YOU MOM! 

What is most important? What Nicole wants? Or what May NEEDS?

Look, Ms Selfish, it's NOT about you!

1 minute ago, spankydoll said:

Nicole is going to hold that baby hostage until her Mom pays to import Azan. Nicole is the worst person on this show to date. Including Mark. She is a little milennial monster.

What? Who is May? Does she is exist in this, other than as an accessory or a bargaining/hostage tool?

Chantal, get over yourself, poor you, Gigi is the only one that will be there, boohoo! 

As if it's because no one supports you just because everyone hates you and wants you to fail, good grief, drama queen! (almost typed drama w---! ugh, can't stand you, HilaryBanks2.0!!!!, just go somewhere, anywhere, far away from ever having to see you!!!)

Edited by lallalla
  • Love 5

$25,500 is not that much money to earn. I make that much and I'm just an administrative assistant in an office. Nicole could probably easily get a second job and make that much if she really wanted to, and if she's unwilling to do that, she can't care that much about a relationships with Azan. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, MollysDevice said:

$25,500 is not that much money to earn. I make that much and I'm just an administrative assistant in an office. Nicole could probably easily get a second job and make that much if she really wanted to, and if she's unwilling to do that, she can't care that much about a relationships with Azan. 

She could have taken the 5 weeks spend with Azan and did a medical billing/coding course instead.  Then, she'd be able to make $25k.

• Love 9

Chantel's father is fine.

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.

Also, why do I watch this when all I do is want to swear 9 ways from Sunday for multiple reasons, during the episode and for days later, as I think of random things that set me off??!!

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Virtually Me said:

They are terrible actors, and their segment producers suck re ques.

I can't believe we were supposed to believe there was even a TINY chance River wouldn't just roll up at the very last second.  I think the only person who might have believed that would have to be someone like Nicole.  I kept yelling at my television "Shut up Chantal! He'll be there! They wouldn't keep you talking about him if he wasn't showing up!"  I so dislike Family Chantal.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Virtually Me said:

Dayum!  Jorge is WHIPPED!!

Indeed!  

Does anyone else think it's strange that Jorge carries around large amounts of cash rather than having a checking account or credit cards?  He paid for the $11,000 engagement ring in cash, and he counted out $10,000 in cash to buy a plane ticket.  Who does that??  Even if he's not doing anything illegal, it seems shady to me.  Is he hiding income from the IRS?  Is he hiding from creditors?

Both he and Anfisa are such.....I don't know...I just can't even!

• Love 17

There seems to be a huge age gap between Jorge and his sisters. Anfisa is mean, rude and destructive.  Jorge looked petrified while speaking to the producers at the door.  He was practically begging for help. I can’t help but believe if that was a man treating a woman the way Anfisa treats Jorge, everyone would be calling him abusive.  I would bet good money that he would give anything to be with an American feminist. When Jorge showed up with the cash to send her home, I can’t help but believe Anfisa panicked. The thought of going back to Russia for the rest of her life probably flashed in front of her eyes. I hate to say it, but these two are an episode of “Snapped” waiting to happen.

Seeing Alla and her sister running towards each other brought tears to my eyes. I hope her sister can stay for a while.

I can’t with Nicole.  She isn’t all there.  I feel for her daughter, because her idiot mother doesn’t seem to have any qualms about putting her in harm’s way.  I am glad her family is an integral part of their lives.

I can’t believe Lowo’s friend told Nakiya that he wanted to get back with his baby mama. However, assaulting Lowo wasn’t cool. 

When they first enter the gazebo, I thought it was rude of familia Chantel to ignore Pedro.  However, I teared up when River shook his hands. 

• Love 19