Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ThinkerBell said:

If Nicole is going to use a computer as a Dating Machine, you would think she'd take the time to Google social mores and etiquette in Morocco. Did she pack any clothes giving some thought to modesty?

I so totally want to visit the Republic of Georgia one day. "One  day" may be 2 years away, but you can bet one of the first things I already looked at was culture and social and religious customs as well as how I should dress, conduct myself in public, and other behaviors that might offend or be misunderstood. Also, I made myself familiar with their food, popular beverages, and other things that would make for a good experience there.

I don't think Nicole bothered to do any of those things and it's really a shame. One doesn't always get to visit a country with free room and board and a willing local guide. I know I'd be making the most of it, but that's me.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I didn't get that from that scene at all. In the confessional, she said she was homesick and missed doing the things she used to do. That doesn't necessarily mean clubbing. That could mean everything in her life. Working. Seeing her family. Spending time with friends.  Shopping in familiar stores and living in a place that is familiar.

Then it got into a conversation with Matt and he said she could go to karaoke with Julie. Alla said she doesn't like to sing, but she does like to go dancing. (That's a valid point. A lot of people think karaoke sucks.) Matt is the one who took the conversation to a ridiculous place. He basically said she's going to make a bunch of slutty friends and they're going to go out and hook up with guys, and if she goes to the club with them, she'll do the same thing. As if she isn't a grown woman - a mother - with a mind of her own. She's just a promiscuous, weak-willed little twit who have sex with random dudes because everyone else is doing it. Then he said one of his wives used to say she was going to the club when she was really sneaking out with some guy. So in Matt's mind, that means all women - especially married women  - are likely to turn into complete whores the minute they walk into a club.  It was interesting that he never offered to go WITH her to the club. Although I can't imagine the man has any kind of rhythm.

Yeah, Alla was ticked off. I would be too. He insulted her morals, her character, and her judgement in one fell swoop. I cheered out loud when she shut him down. A real man doesn't try to hold his spouse hostage to his own insecurities.

I think before importing her over, Matt and Alla should have had a conversation about expectations and boundaries. What some couples consider ridiculous others consider personal moral beliefs. Some couples have a rule with each other about not going clubbing without the other - and for them it is a valid restriction, why put yourself in an atmosphere of drinking, single drunk people, and close dancing. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Matias130 said:

I think before importing her over, Matt and Alla should have had a conversation about expectations and boundaries. What some couples consider ridiculous others consider personal moral beliefs. Some couples have a rule with each other about not going clubbing without the other - and for them it is a valid restriction, why put yourself in an atmosphere of drinking, single drunk people, and close dancing. 

Sounds reasonable. If I'm ever going to be at a club without my hubs, it's because I have to for business reasons, he knows about it, and who's with me, and I'd tell him he can come along IF he wants to. Because, unless you know the place and the crowd, you could end up with some splaining to do if things go sideways. It's always wise to avoid the appearance of impropriety.

I don't have much call to even be at a club anymore, unless we're there to see a band or we're on vacation, but yeah, we'd def have a set of "rules".

• Love 5
8 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

If Nicole is going to use a computer as a Dating Machine, you would think she'd take the time to Google social mores and etiquette in Morocco. Did she pack any clothes giving some thought to modesty?

No, she thinks she's sexy hot in those tops with the shoulders cut out. Poor Azan, he'll earn that green card if he decides to follow her home.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Matias130 said:

This is a very valid point.  Some people have beliefs about going to clubs, hanging out at night with single friends, etc.  It's not that Matt wants to own Alla, it's just that neither of them really gets the other person's boundaries.   If one person has higher boundaries than another, it doesn't make either of them wrong.  Alla was upset when Matt's family questioned her; maybe that's because in Alla's family, people don't talk openly about relationships, even in families.  I wonder if Alla's family had questions for Matt; I would hope they would because not only is Alla going to a strange country, but so is her young son.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

You're a very kind person. Nicole  didn't even know what continent Morocco was on. I highly doubt that fool knows what "social mores" mean. She'd probably assume it's just the elongated formal word for s'mores. "I heard you guys have s'mores in Marrakech! *giggle* Let's go buy some and do sex. *giggle*

Azan looks like a skinny version of Damon Wayans, Jr...with a perm. Like if Marlon and Damon Jr. had a baby...And gave it a perm.

o-DAMON-WAYANS-JR-facebook.jpg

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Thirty plus years ago, I visited a country where Islam is the majority religion.  We weren't told that we had to cover our heads and arms, but we were told to dress respectfully; I wore a lot of linen dresses and skirts and I was very comfortable, probably more comfortable than Nicole looked in her jeans.  

On my last day there, I saw a woman wearing a pair of bright, yellow leggings (it was the 80's) and one of those Flashdance tops, yes she was American.  I felt sorry for her because people in the street were pointing at her and laughing, but she acted like she didn't even notice.  I mean we weren't expected to wear burkas , but there is a lot between wearing a burka and having your behind and breasts hanging out.

I bet. I wouldn't want to stand out the wrong way or get constant stares. That would be very uncomfortable and it could ruin the experience there.

11 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

To be fair, what's Azan going to do? Put her on a plane and send her home early? I'm sure that would go over well. He's very lucky. He has an easy out. All he has to do is get through the five weeks, and then NOT get on the plane to the US. He never has to see her again. It would harder for him to get away if he was in the US.

Good point. Maybe he is doing just that, enduring this until it is over. Who knows what obligations he has with this show? Maybe he has to take her to his family, has to do this and that. But so far he still acts as if they are engaged and he'll come to the US and get married. No indication of "I don't think this will work out, honey". Maybe he'll disclose that gently and a step at a time. So, we'll see....

• Love 3
On 9/25/2016 at 8:19 PM, liammaam said:

Poor Alla—I get pissed when my husband is late, much less when we HAVE COMPANY COMING OVER, and said company are STRANGERS and I am left alone to make awkward small talk.  So, fuck Matt for putting Alla in that position.

Also-  did they just walk right into Matt and Alla's house like that's an OK thing to do?

• Love 3

OMG, social mores and s'mores.  Great turn of phrase! That's Nicole Gurl!

Yes, he does look like one of the Wayans brothers. That whole family is uber talented.  In Living Color gave me some of the best and most memorable belly laughs during the 90s.

Anfisa and Nicole Gurl should have taken some lessons from Miss Benita.  She would have set them straight in a heartbeat with her zingers, but she ain't one to gossip. What would she say about Nicole and Anfisa? You know it would be funnier than hell.

• Love 2

Production is always stirring the pot.  Josh and Brent from The Fabulous Beekman Boys are a very happy couple, but they left realty TV because they were always encouraged to pick fights with one another just for ratings. They do their own show on their own terms now.

Add the fishbowl of Reality TV to a couple already struggling with negotiating expectations, often a language barrier, everything is different, humor doesn't translate well, and a make-it-or-break-it pressure to marry or break up in 90 days creates enough problems without a production crew egging you on.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

a make-it-or-break-it pressure to marry or break up in 90 days

I just want to speak to this because TLC does such a horrible job of explaining it (downright lying  in most cases) that a lot of people don't understand what the 90 days is for.    I went through the K1 Visa process (Happily married 4 years now :) ) 

The thing is, when you apply for the K1 you are supposed to be engaged and ready to get married.  When you go to the Visa interview, you are expected to present evidence of this.   Lots of photos of your time together, copies of plane tickets, reams of any communication you can put together-  all that in addition to the paperwork itself which is voluminous.   The 90 Days starts the moment you get into the country-  but it's not a intended to be a "Trial Run" to see if you're compatible and if you like it.   In that TLC COMPLETELY MISREPRESENTS the visa.   Your shit is supposed to be locked down and the 90 days is supposed to be to 'Have the wedding' which-  depending on size you could have been planning prior to departure.

I just want to stress this again, TLC has time and again pretended that this is a vacation/trial run Visa.  It is not.   They've picked some of the worst of the worst because it is compelling TV.  Not because it is reflective of the K1 Visa reality.

• Love 12

Makes sense.  Thanks for the clarification. I would imagine most K-1 couples have already been engaged for a while, being one just can't waltz in and get an instant visa. If couples don't have their act together before the intended hits US soil.

I would imagine some people who get their first taste of US don't like it much.  NYC or Miami may be culture shock for someone from a small town or poor country, just like Podunk, USA, is another form of culture shock to those used to the freedom of mass transit and lots of activities in big cities. 90 days of Podunk and fast food being my only experience with this country would be a hard sell for me, unless that person was a really good and decent person.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, charmed1 said:

You're a very kind person. Nicole  didn't even know what continent Morocco was on. I highly doubt that fool knows what "social mores" mean. She'd probably assume it's just the elongated formal word for s'mores. "I heard you guys have s'mores in Marrakech! *giggle* Let's go buy some and do sex. *giggle*

Azan looks like a skinny version of Damon Wayans, Jr...with a perm. Like if Marlon and Damon Jr. had a baby...And gave it a perm.

o-DAMON-WAYANS-JR-facebook.jpg

I think he only looks like a busted Wayans brother.

You are very generous.  I do see similar facial features, sorta similar, a small resemblance, but he is just not attractive (I do think the Wayans brothers are handsome).

Also, to the poster that asked if we're sure Asan is scamming,  I have to admit, I've been asking myself that a lot lately, he doesn't come across like your "typical" "love rat", to coin the phrase, but, statistically, he probably is. :/

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 5:15 PM, Sup wit dat said:

Okay, so I know this is horrible to think of, but Nicole is so desperate for a man that she could seriously put her daughter in danger.  Let's say some pedophile sees Nicole's profile on a dating site, sees she has a little girl, then gives Nicole a little whoopie so he can get to the daughter.  This is real life shit and it scares the hell out of me that Nicole is so desperate.  

I mentioned a girl I know on another thread who absolutely put her kid in harms way every time her revolving door of men turned.  That's why the little one lives with her grandma now.  And girl has no unsupervised visitation.  And constantly badmouths her mom for "taking" her daughter away from her and not letting her drag the little one off to every man's house, or the time she thought it was true love and took off to West Virginia (only to beg online for money to come back 2 months later when the guy started beating on her)........it's sad when you value a man over your kids.  I still fight with one of Mr. Funky's cousins who gave up custody of a child because her husband didn't want her (she was mixed race, and the father wasn't in the picture).  Maybe it's because I can't have kids that I'm ultra-sensitive to stuff like that.  I can't imagine.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Makes sense.  Thanks for the clarification. I would imagine most K-1 couples have already been engaged for a while, being one just can't waltz in and get an instant visa. If couples don't have their act together before the intended hits US soil.

I would imagine some people who get their first taste of US don't like it much.  NYC or Miami may be culture shock for someone from a small town or poor country, just like Podunk, USA, is another form of culture shock to those used to the freedom of mass transit and lots of activities in big cities. 90 days of Podunk and fast food being my only experience with this country would be a hard sell for me, unless that person was a really good and decent person.

You are right. Living in Danielle's city (sandusky OH) or in Kentucky or most of the cities the Americans on this show live would suck so much, especially since I suspect most of the fiance's come from big cities. But remember the Nicaraguan guy, over there they didn't even have hot showers, they had to pour a bucket ofwater over their heads.... and Pedro mentioned that in DR most people dont have AC or even a fan, or hot water .... I guess the pull to live a comfortable life was really really strong for where these ppl are coming from. I am not sure what was Anfisa's situation in Moscow, she did mention she missed her mother and grandmother but there was no mention of a father. 

• Love 2
On September 26, 2016 at 7:11 PM, greekmom said:

The others (even Dani and Mo) actually met in person before pursuing a K1.  Nicole and Azan are probably the only couple who have not even met in person before her trip to Morocco. I don't think even if there were no issues with terrorism in the States that Nicole would be able to obtain a K1 visa for Azan without at least meeting him in person once.

Yes, that is a requirement of the K-1 that they meet in person; they've already said that on the show. I guess my question is, since we've always seen couples on the show who have already been approved for the K1, whether the Nicole/Azan situation indicates that a visa is taking longer now because of some added scrutiny, or did TLC specifically say "we're going to choose this couple that hasn't even met yet because it will be interesting."

As of week 4, Alla's the only likable person in the group. And I suspect that won't change with the promise of a new couple next week...

• Love 3

RE: the new couple, I am embarrassed to admit that I had to see the preview several times before I realized she was saying he told her he was a Nigerian prince.  The way she draws out the "aaaa," I thought she was saying he told her he was gay.  That might have been an interesting twist.

• Love 1
On 9/28/2016 at 10:51 AM, Clinko said:

Also-  did they just walk right into Matt and Alla's house like that's an OK thing to do?

Yes, it looked to me like they just walked in some side door in the kitchen without even knocking.  

Then Patrick proceeded to be rude as hell to Alla from the first word he said on.  Then tried to characterize her as some shrew for daring to be annoyed that Matt didn't show up to his own dumb dinner party with his own dumb friends.  If Mr. Wovenloaf invited two people over that I don't know at all, who speak a language I don't speak that well, and then didn't come home by the time those two strangers barged into my kitchen without knocking (and insulted me within 20 seconds of doing so), I'd be pretty pissed too.  Ugh.  If Patrick is tired of Matt's relationship drama, that's understandable, but being rude to Alla isn't the answer.  And he's a grown man who could just...not participate in said drama (by, for example, not going on a television show specifically devoted to that drama).

Edited by wovenloaf
  • Love 8
On 9/19/2016 at 8:43 AM, Landlord said:

Good lord I sure hope she doesn't come back from Morroco pregnant... 

Kinda thinking that was her plan.  From what she has shown US she has nothing but a willing vagina to offer a man (unless the sparkling personality comes out in ep 4) so THIS is what she uses to keep em close.  She did that with the dude who fathered May.  Quickie relationship, leave home to move with him, get knocked up, relationship ends, moves back with Mommy and Daddy.  She needs a few months or years with Ilanya.  

I was getting the heebies jeebies with her clutching Azan so I cannot imagine what he was feeling.  I loathe clinging.  I am not a mombut I don't know how she could leave May for 5 weeks.  Or how she could afford to travel to Morocco.  It looks like she doesn't have enough $ (or sense) to travel to Georgia alone.

• Love 9
On 9/21/2016 at 3:50 PM, WhoAmIReally said:

I know Alla was tired, but she seems to have quite the snappish temper.  I'll be interested to see if it continues once she's on a regular schedule.  I'm on the fence about her--could go either way.

My mother in law is from Poland and the nicest woman but she has a way of speaking that can seem harsh even though it isn't.  She is very direct and isn't afraid to ask for exactly what she wants.  Her experience with inlaws when she first arrived in this country seems a bit similar.  They assumed she was here for a green card when truth be told she was only here because of her new husband.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Kinda thinking that was her plan.  From what she has shown US she has nothing but a willing vagina to offer a man (unless the sparkling personality comes out in ep 4) so THIS is what she uses to keep em close.  She did that with the dude who fathered May.  Quickie relationship, leave home to move with him, get knocked up, relationship ends, moves back with Mommy and Daddy.  She needs a few months or years with Ilanya.  

I was getting the heebies jeebies with her clutching Azan so I cannot imagine what he was feeling.  I loathe clinging.  I am not a mombut I don't know how she could leave May for 5 weeks.  Or how she could afford to travel to Morocco.  It looks like she doesn't have enough $ (or sense) to travel to Georgia alone.

I left my kid for 4 weeks, so he could go visit his grand-mother, and he was with his father. My kid was three, I think, and they were the longest 4 weeks of my life, and I spoke to him on the phone pretty much every day. I could not fathom leaving any of my kids without news (as it appears to be in Nicole's case) for five weeks. I'd be dying on the inside. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, steff13 said:

RE: the new couple, I am embarrassed to admit that I had to see the preview several times before I realized she was saying he told her he was a Nigerian prince.  The way she draws out the "aaaa," I thought she was saying he told her he was gay.  That might have been an interesting twist.

Me too!  I said to my husband last night, "Did she just say he was a gay prince?"

He was half asleep so was no good as far as an answer goes....

• Love 1

Wait! Is this the same Nigerian prince who has e-mailed me several times that he is holding millions of dollars for me to claim? Or does Nigeria have tons of generous princes looking to share their wealth? 

Edited to add: I guess I will finally get to see who I missed my chance with! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Wait! Is this the same Nigerian prince who has e-mailed me several times that he is holding millions of dollars for me to claim? Or does Nigeria have tons of generous princes looking to share their wealth? 

Yes, I think it is the same one.?

• Love 4

I'm not too sure about Alla yet. With 3 divorces under his belt Matt doesn't seem secure or capable enough of establishing a healthy relationship, or choosing properly to do so. Why would she want to take a chance on a guy with 3 strikes already, & bring her son along for the ride? What do we know about Matt's ex's? Were they from other countries as well? 

Alla didn't look too surprised when they walked in, so perhaps that was staged.

Chantel is extremely immature. I'd like to know how she got through the process to get her fiance here; doesn't that take some money?  I'd love to know how several of these folks afford this.

Speaking of which... Nicole. Did TLC pay for the trip? I'd be surprised if she could afford that on her own & it's doubtful her family would've paid.  I think Azan's family was perhaps more excited about the camera crew from American TV in their home than meeting Nicole.

Jorge is sad... & he'll be much more sad when his Russian barbie doll leaves for good. Either that or he'll buy a new one.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Alla didn't look too surprised when they walked in, so perhaps that was staged.

Wouldn't they have to have their mic packs put on them before the scene started taping?  So, yeah, I am guessing it was all staged and just easier to have them walk in on their own instead of having them knock and Alla have to put down what she was doing to walk down the hall and open the door, all of which would wast time that is far better spent airing footage of Nicole making a fool of herself.

• Love 4

folks, I was just away for work and unbelievably, my hotel did not have the TLC channel <sob>. my dvr did not tape the episode of 90 day or happily ever after, and I went to TLC website and my carrier ATT uverse is not listed. anyone else know how I can view this?? it may seem silly but I need my fix and im aggravated!!thank you!!

5 hours ago, Landlord said:

I left my kid for 4 weeks, so he could go visit his grand-mother, and he was with his father. My kid was three, I think, and they were the longest 4 weeks of my life, and I spoke to him on the phone pretty much every day. I could not fathom leaving any of my kids without news (as it appears to be in Nicole's case) for five weeks. I'd be dying on the inside. 

Quite honestly, we don't know if Nicole hasn't mentioned May, or talked to her. I'm sure TLC is leaving that on the cutting room floor in favor of the outright fuckery they've been showing us.

• Love 5
On 2016-09-28 at 1:26 PM, Clinko said:

I just want to speak to this because TLC does such a horrible job of explaining it (downright lying  in most cases) that a lot of people don't understand what the 90 days is for.    I went through the K1 Visa process (Happily married 4 years now :) ) 

The thing is, when you apply for the K1 you are supposed to be engaged and ready to get married.  When you go to the Visa interview, you are expected to present evidence of this.   Lots of photos of your time together, copies of plane tickets, reams of any communication you can put together-  all that in addition to the paperwork itself which is voluminous.   The 90 Days starts the moment you get into the country-  but it's not a intended to be a "Trial Run" to see if you're compatible and if you like it.   In that TLC COMPLETELY MISREPRESENTS the visa.   Your shit is supposed to be locked down and the 90 days is supposed to be to 'Have the wedding' which-  depending on size you could have been planning prior to departure.

I just want to stress this again, TLC has time and again pretended that this is a vacation/trial run Visa.  It is not.   They've picked some of the worst of the worst because it is compelling TV.  Not because it is reflective of the K1 Visa reality.

Yes exactly! I, like you, migrated to the US (from Canada) to be with my high school sweetheart. We wanted to just live together but legally, it wasn't possible. We ended up just getting married so we went through the immigration process the wrong way but we were young and clueless! I also wasn't coming from a place where I needed permission to enter - so we applied for a change of status. It's costly, time consuming, frightening! The interview is so scary and they actually do make you feel like you are committing immigration fraud when really most people have real relationships (4 yrs for us prior to green card).

TLC does misrepresent and I also find it hard to understand how so many of these folks are actually getting approved for these visa's considering some of them meet for the FIRST TIME on the show (wtf?).

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, bellenoire said:

Quite honestly, we don't know if Nicole hasn't mentioned May, or talked to her. I'm sure TLC is leaving that on the cutting room floor in favor of the outright fuckery they've been showing us.

True, but she strikes me as the type that takes care of her daughter because she has to, most of the parenting is surely done by her parents/sister, damn, I'm so judgy tonight... No bueno. 

Gonna edit myself for clarity. She reminds me of a girl with kids where I used to live, whose ow mother called nightly to make sure this girl fed her daughter/bathed her and put her to bed at a decent hour, because this girl had no clue of what she was doing. 

Edited by Landlord
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

folks, I was just away for work and unbelievably, my hotel did not have the TLC channel <sob>. my dvr did not tape the episode of 90 day or happily ever after, and I went to TLC website and my carrier ATT uverse is not listed. anyone else know how I can view this?? it may seem silly but I need my fix and im aggravated!!thank you!!

You need to stay in cheap, seedy motels to get TV shows like 90 day fiancé, lol!

you tube has full episodes up for viewing.  Just search for 90 day fiancé. 

Edited by Sup wit dat
  • Love 1

So far, Nicole and Azan are the only couple who met for the first time on the show. Sharp Entertainment had been posting requests for people to apply to be on this show on immigration forums, and requested someone who hadn't met their partner yet, so they could film it. I thought I saw that a same sex couple were going to be on this year, too. Maybe that will be next season and they are filming now. 

All of the rest of them had been approved and were ready to fly over, except for the wife of Fernando, who had hers pushed back for some reason. Fernando had to do additional paperwork after they signed on to do the show. Cassia from Jason and Cassia was denied several times before she was finally approved, from her country, I think.  

There are probably not many watchers who don't know that the 90 days isn't a test run. The couples from the first season made it clear during their interviews afterwards that they knew each other for a long time before, and I think they all claimed that they were told they were doing documentaries, not the trash we have come to love. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Yes, I think it is the same one.?

Ha!  I was going to post the same thing.  I have zero sympathy for anyone who falls for that.  Should be interesting to watch, though!

ETA that I *would* have some sympathy if it was, like, my 93 year old nana but she doesn't even have internet service so....

Edited by Bunky
  • Love 1
On 9/27/2016 at 0:23 PM, Lola16 said:

I have an honest question . Has anyone noticed both sides of Anfisa's mouth turned upwards at each corner? Does anyone know if this is an actual plastic surgery procedure? I have never heard of this and it does not look natural. It seems she has had fillers injected into her face but it's the upturned mouth that really is weird looking.

On 9/27/2016 at 0:23 PM, Lola16 said:

It is. It looks like fish hooks to me but it's supposed to be the answer to resting bitch face.  I'd rather have RBF thank you very much.

728961.jpg

• Love 3
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

How can Chantel's engagement be a secret from her parents..surely they must watch the show the same as the rest of us?

This was all taped months ago, this isn't current. So once they get to see this, they will long be married and Pedro much closer to husband beloved green card.

2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

How can Chantel's engagement be a secret from her parents..surely they must watch the show the same as the rest of us?

My hubs asked me if their engagement was such a secret, how did they explain the cameras following them around?  I told him that it's more than likely a reenactment of their story.