Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Speaking of hairspray, I was not impressed by Marcus and Michael's hair styles when all the littles brought out hot chocolate for the fort-builders. Way too much hairspray/gel for little boys. They both had mowhawks.

These? The higher the hair the closer to God.

r93eyb.jpg

• Love 5

Happy Belated 16th Birthday Jason!! According to the Family Blog site, he celebrated at an ice cream party at Family Camp at Big Sandy. (My God, he's 16, not 5 but at least his birthday was recognized.) There's the usual Boob & MEchelle birthday video with the same lines we hear about each kid (Loves the Lord™, Serves the Lord™, etc). Boob thinks he's hysterical by saying Jason is Sweet 16 & never been kissed & MEchelle warns us there's another driver on the road. Ginger is standing with them, but I don't remember her adding her own personal greeting. There's another birthday video with a soccer player turned pastor who was spewing so much I couldn't follow & stopped it.

BTW, which J'Howler got to pick out the kiddie ride-on Jeep at the pawn shop for his birthday when he wanted something they didn't have? (Possibly an instrument?) Or which one got to pick his gift out at the gift shop at the hospital where Miracle Josie was & eat a birthday lunch with MEchelle in the hospital cafeteria? These may be bad but at least their birthdays were remembered. I think Boob commented that they combined some of the Lost girls birthdays one time because they were busy on the actual birth day. Oh my !!!!!

• Love 5

Sooooo 16 means 'you are a man'. Happy Birthday Jason, manlordserverheart. 1 more birthday of cake/ice-cream and then you can cross the border to Canada and have a few cocktails on your 18th. 

The soccer guy was kinda hot, and even though he was able to enunciate, I didn't watch the video. Bin, meet your competition. I hope Soccer man is single and marries a j'slave. 

How exactly do these kids serve the Lord? This is a serious question. Is it just a matter of mentioning Jesus all the time?

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus

Jesus, Jesus song.

Jesus all day long

(Apologies to Dennis Miller/SNL)

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 8

How exactly do these kids serve the Lord? This is a serious question. Is it just a matter of mentioning Jesus all the time?

Jesus, Jesus song.

Jesus all day long

Yep, saying it = makes it so: Concert pianist, missionaries, serve the lord, jana the electrician, jinger the car flipper, joy always stops to save cows, children don't sit on big boys knees, modest sausage casing clothing.

• Love 7

I totally agree with whoever said the younger kids are totally ignored. Wont be long now until one flies the coop.

From your keyboard to God's ear.

Add McKynzie to the list of people the look over it.

List

John David

Jana

Joy

McKynzie

And Jennie?

• Love 3

I still want to know how the one girl was sleeping when she was set up on the washer so she couldn't escape, or the other one who was listening to a story and had her tights pulled down.  But yeah okay Duggars, just try to stick with that over the clothes and nobody cared story...

I know we're not supposed to get into specifics when it comes to the victims, but my theory has always been that Jill and Jessa were able to get on TV and truthfully say that it was only through clothes and while asleep because they were not the two who had the laundry room incident and 5-year-old on lap with tights pulled down incident. (Of course, mathematically we've always known who that was.) So technically they may have been telling the truth, but it wasn't at all fair to the other two sister victims who were most definitely not asleep and unaware.

• Love 7

I know we're not supposed to get into specifics when it comes to the victims, but my theory has always been that Jill and Jessa were able to get on TV and truthfully say that it was only through clothes and while asleep because they were not the two who had the laundry room incident and 5-year-old on lap with tights pulled down incident. (Of course, mathematically we've always known who that was.) So technically they may have been telling the truth, but it wasn't at all fair to the other two sister victims who were most definitely not asleep and unaware.

Ahh that could very well be. It makes sense, well as much as any of it makes sense.  Jessa was oh so happy to speak on behalf of all of them in that one interview they did, but I noticed Jill was cautious to say she was speaking for herself. Not that this family has any problem outright lying, but maybe that was Jill's way of technically telling the truth. I agree, totally unfair to the other sisters.

• Love 2

I don't think there was any discussion about how the girls wanted to handle dealing with talking (or not talking) about what happened to them. Boob and Michele told them what to say and who would say it. They never cared about how this affected the girls when it happened so they certainly didn't care about how dealing with it in a public way would.

• Love 6

There's a Jason? ;-)

No kidding!

I went looking for an Ethiopian restaurant clip and was treated, more than once, to the opening of 18 and Counting. It's kind of a (horizontal) Brady Bunch montage.

The word that came to mind more than any was, Who?

I could find clips 1/3 and 2/3 but no restauarant 3/3.

There are quick snippets of bad behavior in the opening.

Edited by NewDigs

Dirty shoes on the Sofa?? Really?

Hey, dirty shoes on the food-preparation counters. So .... sofa schmofa.   

Must say I'm always kinda puzzled by the horrors everybody has about the bare feet on the kitchen counters when we've certainly also seen them wear shoes on the kitchen counters. Neither is good. But at least the feet have probably been washed in the last week or so ... while the shoes .... never..... plus the shoes are used!... My complaint is just -- Walking, running and standing on the kitchen counters, period. But if you're going to do that, what's a sofa here and there? They really have no manners whatsoever, and not just when it comes to furniture. Guess if you have a heart for the Lord, it doesn't matter how you treat anything and anybody else.

• Love 4

Jesus, Jesus song.

Jesus all day long

Absolutely. One proves they are close to God by talking about God all the time, and ostentatiously putting him in the face of everyone you meet.  That's how we get inanities like Boob saying he feels the need to consult God on his toothbrush choice.  Personally I find it unnatural and ridiculous relating Jesus to the likes of fishing line (though at least in that case we have the actual fisherman disciples for a good example), and/or carpet tacks, but I think the idea is supposed to be that God makes your life such a great merry-go-round of fun and thankfulness-bait that you just can't keep your mouth shut about him.  

Which often results in the type of chitchat that's been remarked about before with people basically thanking God for not smiting them dead, considering they've got little else to praise him for in a day of the type of thankless humdrum nonsense we all engage in.  Possibly having the side effect of making this humdrum nonsense seem weighty and exciting.

• Love 1

Absolutely. One proves they are close to God by talking about God all the time, and ostentatiously putting him in the face of everyone you meet.  That's how we get inanities like Boob saying he feels the need to consult God on his toothbrush choice.  Personally I find it unnatural and ridiculous relating Jesus to the likes of fishing line (though at least in that case we have the actual fisherman disciples for a good example), and/or carpet tacks, but I think the idea is supposed to be that God makes your life such a great merry-go-round of fun and thankfulness-bait that you just can't keep your mouth shut about him.  

Which often results in the type of chitchat that's been remarked about before with people basically thanking God for not smiting them dead, considering they've got little else to praise him for in a day of the type of thankless humdrum nonsense we all engage in.  Possibly having the side effect of making this humdrum nonsense seem weighty and exciting.

I need to go grocery shopping.  Excuse me while I consult God about my coffee and toilet paper choices.

• Love 4

Wait...what? Is JB consulting Jesus on his toothbrush choice actually a THING?? Or the carpet tacks, etc., you mention? Or is this just hyperbole? I mean, I know people who DO bring Jesus into more or less every move they make, but even they have their limits! Just asking to see whether I'm in actual danger of the top of my head flying off in disbelief ;)

• Love 2

Wait...what? Is JB consulting Jesus on his toothbrush choice actually a THING?? Or the carpet tacks, etc., you mention? Or is this just hyperbole? I mean, I know people who DO bring Jesus into more or less every move they make, but even they have their limits! Just asking to see whether I'm in actual danger of the top of my head flying off in disbelief ;)

Er, well, I wouldn't swear that he didn't ask Jesus about his toothbrush, but I did make up the carpet tacks.  

It's always been my take that if someone says they are consulting God on a particular picayune point, they actually mean it.  I've heard ministers use the toothbrush analogy, so someone believes it.  

'Cuz if you were that person, you'd have trained yourself to do it, like toothbrushing at the end of the day or saying grace.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 1

Happy Belated 16th Birthday Jason!! According to the Family Blog site, he celebrated at an ice cream party at Family Camp at Big Sandy. (My God, he's 16, not 5 but at least his birthday was recognized.) There's the usual Boob & MEchelle birthday video with the same lines we hear about each kid (Loves the Lord™, Serves the Lord™, etc). Boob thinks he's hysterical by saying Jason is Sweet 16 & never been kissed & MEchelle warns us there's another driver on the road. Ginger is standing with them, but I don't remember her adding her own personal greeting. There's another birthday video with a soccer player turned pastor who was spewing so much I couldn't follow & stopped it.

BTW, which J'Howler got to pick out the kiddie ride-on Jeep at the pawn shop for his birthday when he wanted something they didn't have? (Possibly an instrument?) Or which one got to pick his gift out at the gift shop at the hospital where Miracle Josie was & eat a birthday lunch with MEchelle in the hospital cafeteria? These may be bad but at least their birthdays were remembered. I think Boob commented that they combined some of the Lost girls birthdays one time because they were busy on the actual birth day. Oh my !!!!!

Which one is Jason? The pimply one who kinda looks like Josiah? Jingers saviour on the car selling excursion?
54 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

Thanks for posting the link. I was interested to see that actual leghumping fans have dissed the latest episodes as consisting of too much recycled/repeated footage from old shows. About the wannabe-Z-list-celeb Amy, I have no sh*ts to give.

• Love 1

Since Famy has been posting from LA most of last week, obliquely mentioning filming,, that's not really news. 

Of course, she also found time to model some butt - ugly clothes for her main money stream. 

• Love 1

Nobody cares about Amy.  But there is interest in the lawsuit for collection of her husband's medical bills.  She, of course, refuses to talk about that! 

1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

The comments are always the most interesting part of any of their posts

Ah yes. The "what beautiful, pure young ladies" creepfest. The godly leghumpers are always 100% fixated on the Duggar girls' looks and youth. I rarely see a comment that praises anything else about them.

• Love 5
(edited)

Good god, the eyeliner fixation. It's one thing if you're getting dolled up for a special event or a date (KIDDING), but the Duggar Babes go for the Cleopatra look for any random afternoon of sibling-parenting at the TTH. So emblematic of the insidious misogyny they live under. Joy is such a strong natural beauty...it's sad to see this photo.

Edited by SometimesBites
Typo fix
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, SometimesBites said:

the Duggar Babes go for the Cleopatra look for any random afternoon of sibling-parenting at the TTH.

They probably spend half the morning applying their makeup simply because they have nothing else to do and it helps to kill a few hours. The emptiness and boredom of their daily lives must be excruciating.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 12
On April 24, 2016 at 8:18 PM, NewDigs said:

No kidding!

I went looking for an Ethiopian restaurant clip and was treated, more than once, to the opening of 18 and Counting. It's kind of a (horizontal) Brady Bunch montage.

The word that came to mind more than any was, Who?

I could find clips 1/3 and 2/3 but no restauarant 3/3.

There are quick snippets of bad behavior in the opening.

FFS.  I started watching then saw that David Barton was their guide and I was revolted, had to stop it. Never mind the howlers running up the steps to accost the security guards.  I can only imagine what that nutcase Barton told them about history, but I know they believed it all.  Next trip let's go to the Creation Museum and see people ride on dinosaurs.  YEE HA!

• Love 1
On May 5, 2016 at 9:21 PM, Albanyguy said:

They probably spend half the morning applying their makeup simply because they have nothing else to do and it helps to kill a few hours. The emptiness and boredom of their daily lives must be excruciating.

I figure they lay on the shellac only for TV.  Otherwise they hang out in flip flops and just be vacuous, makeup-free and allow their glorious manes to glorify God.   Don't want to see them in their natural state.  Is it true they sleep in clothes?  Read that someplace and ewwww.  

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Henri205 said:

FFS.  I started watching then saw that David Barton was their guide and I was revolted, had to stop it. Never mind the howlers running up the steps to accost the security guards.  I can only imagine what that nutcase Barton told them about history, but I know they believed it all.  Next trip let's go to the Creation Museum and see people ride on dinosaurs.  YEE HA!

Suck it Duggars! I got to go inside the Lincoln memorial. Sure it was very crowded and every single person was taking selfies non stop, and the steps were crowded with people sitting on them taking selfies non stop too. I didn't even have to trudge around all day in a suit. 

I'm still bitter about the Duggars special Stonehenge tour. When I visited, I had to stand well back, at least  20 metres, and walk around a circular path full of selfie taking dickheads. 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Henri205 said:

I figure they lay on the shellac only for TV.  Otherwise they hang out in flip flops and just be vacuous, makeup-free and allow their glorious manes to glorify God.   Don't want to see them in their natural state.  Is it true they sleep in clothes?  Read that someplace and ewwww.  

I imagine that started happening after Josh's adventures into their bedrooms at night. I am curious if it's true all the time or just for the cameras, though. Makes sense they'd want to be fully clothed lest a camera person get defrauded by a bare knee or something as they got out of bed, right?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Henri205 said:

According to Ma Duggar, the girls do sleep in polo shirts and skirts.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Henri205 said:

1 hour ago, Lillybee said:

According to Ma Duggar, the girls do sleep in polo shirts and skirts.

Wow. No words. Actually I have plenty of words but...  

(and it ain't just the Stella.)

My first thought was Duggar laziness but NikSak's Joshy observtion, sadly, fits.

And I guess I need to google David Barton but I'm afraid.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ingenting said:

Suck it Duggars! I got to go inside the Lincoln memorial. Sure it was very crowded and every single person was taking selfies non stop, and the steps were crowded with people sitting on them taking selfies non stop too. I didn't even have to trudge around all day in a suit. 

I'm still bitter about the Duggars special Stonehenge tour. When I visited, I had to stand well back, at least  20 metres, and walk around a circular path full of selfie taking dickheads. 

OT:  Know it's not the same thing but Google will let you click to place yourself right in the middle (hope this works):

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.1788429,-1.8261628,3a,75y,94.23t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sEY-JNLOO5il-7JsRvy6mbQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Explanation of the process is here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/wiltshire/hi/people_and_places/newsid_8399000/8399655.stm

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Henri205 said:

I don't know. Gothard's pretty specific about the importance of wearing lot of makeup. Women are supposed to use it to call all attention to their "countenances" rather than leaving men's eyes free to roam about their vile satanic defrauding bodies. Given the devotion they showed to Gothard in the past, at least, I'm sure they developed a pretty major makeup habit, and old habits die hard. I expect they may wear the two tons of eyeliner on a daily basis, actually.

• Love 7
On May 2, 2016 at 10:28 AM, louannems said:

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.516618088471845.1073741827.510067475793573/816754271791557/?type=3&source=54

Jenny has braces. Josie's hair is finally growing.  And poor-just-wants-to-wear-normal-clothes Joy is being encouraged to accentuate her countenance.

I think Joy has lost weight.  Face looks thinner.  And Josie's hair is feathers, it really doesn't seem to grow very fast, does it?

• Love 1

Jordyn is sewing on the floor.  This reminds me of armless people who hold paint brushes with their toes.

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/817697305030587/?type=3&source=54

Daddy Duggar must have received TLC money from Counting On!  Jordyn has already outgrown her bike.

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/817697955030522/?type=3&source=54