Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Who would pay for a supply of random boxed date supplies, dates which are likely comprised of groupons, unsellable merchandise, product samples and sales pitches?

One of the commenters asked what was included, and the answer was that in December, it was a gingerbread house kit, and in January it was a scavenger hunt kit to do with friends. Sounds like it's probably overpriced and gimicky. 

Not to mention the evolution thing. He's a dinosaur!

Well, I kid you not, in my fundie upbringing, we were taught that purple, flamboyant Barney was gay and the show was designed to brainwash kids into the "gay lifestyle." Him and the purple Teletubbie. Sigh.

Katie: "Who discovered America?"

Callie: "North or South?"

Katie: "North...you know, the real one."

Callie: "One North American Norse settlement dates back to approximately the year 1,000."

Lawson: *smiling at the camera "But what about THIS America? Need a hint? Chris...Christo..."

Callie: "Christopher Columbus never set foot on what is now the the continental U.S. And of course, First Nations Peoples migrated here some 15,000 years ago.Are we done? I'm currently reading On the Origin of the Species."

I'm glad I'm not the only one who cringed at the "discovered America" line. 

• Love 5

What an incredibly boring way to live. God must cry over all the wasted potential when he gave us all functioning brains and various talents.

Don't be silly - God gave MEN brains and talents!  He gave us women wombs and fake tan!!!

• Love 10

What's coming down from the ceiling in the back corner above the plant? Essential plumbing pipe, or hidden camera?

I'm going to deviate from my usual policy of not snarking on children to say that Josie looks like she's spent a week with bro-in-law Dillard living off the grid. (With him just because he sports a similar look.)

• Love 3

What's coming down from the ceiling in the back corner above the plant? Essential plumbing pipe, or hidden camera?

I'm going to deviate from my usual policy of not snarking on children to say that Josie looks like she's spent a week with bro-in-law Dillard living off the grid. (With him just because he sports a similar look.)

Looks like a broken blind. Or it could just be the bottom of the blind that wasn't pulled straight. It's probably been that way for days - Jana hasn't noticed it yet.

I like reading all the comments about the Duggars using Styrofoam.

• Love 3

So, some people walk around in the house wearing outdoor shoes and boots, and others are walking around barefoot. Nice. Their feet must be at least fifty shades of grey by the time they go to bed.

• Love 5

Lot's of cute kids.  Maybe they just came inside from playing and the hair could be wild from taking off a hat?.

Whoops edit. Just saw GeeGolly came up with that already.

Up North that's what kids look like when they come in if it's cold outside and they've been bundled up.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 1

is it normal to drink hot chocolate with straws?

When the person preparing the hot chocolate doesn't give a crap that it's being given to children and should be a cooler temperature.

Or, children think straws are fun.

• Love 2

Their living room floor has a drain in it????

Yeah, that looks like a drain in the floor.

Are they playing four-square in the house?  It looks like some game because the floor is marked off and she looks like she is going to throw something at one of the Duggar boys.  

Some of them do appear to be set up for playing four square.  There's also another marking that doesn't coincide with a four square area.  What could the other marking be?  Whatever it's for, the barefoot girl looks like she's about to step over it.

Could that other line be the line that the next player stands behind while waiting their turn?  The players are all looking at the girl in blue, and the littlest boy seems to be excitedly pointing toward her feet.  Maybe blue girl stepped out of bounds and the next player is on her way in to take blue girl's spot?  I haven't played four square since grade school, so I'm not really sure of the rules anymore.

Yeah, that looks like a drain in the floor.

Some of them do appear to be set up for playing four square.  There's also another marking that doesn't coincide with a four square area.  What could the other marking be?  Whatever it's for, the barefoot girl looks like she's about to step over it.

Could that other line be the line that the next player stands behind while waiting their turn?  The players are all looking at the girl in blue, and the littlest boy seems to be excitedly pointing toward her feet.  Maybe blue girl stepped out of bounds and the next player is on her way in to take blue girl's spot?  I haven't played four square since grade school, so I'm not really sure of the rules anymore.

Maybe that central drain was a birthday gift for Jana?

Haven't played four square in, gulp, decades. But that makes more sense than my netless volleyball guess.

What's wrong with these people? (sorry, sorry, couldn't help myself)

• Love 2

I think those might have outlets underneath them. Often times in houses that have open floor plans there are outlets placed in the floor to plug in a table lamp and such.

I noticed the straws too. Drinking hot liquid with a straw can be dangerous. We use our lips and tongue naturally to assess the temperature of foods. You could burn your throat when drinking a hot liquid with a straw.

• Love 5

Are they playing four-square in the house?  It looks like some game because the floor is marked off and she looks like she is going to throw something at one of the Duggar boys.

I think they like playing Four Square indoors. They showed them marking off the squares with tape & playing the game in the episode where Grandma watches the kids. IIRC, Grandma joined in the game, too. MEchelle commented that the kids play inside when weather is too hot or cold to play outside. (Meaning she was too lazy to go outside & watch or play with them & the J'slaves were busy.)

I think those might have outlets underneath them. Often times in houses that have open floor plans there are outlets placed in the floor to plug in a table lamp and such.

I have one of those in my family room & forgot all about it. They are handy.
  • Love 2

Well, the house is basically a very very large steel shed. So, probably, yeah ...

I always imagine how it must echo. The stuff of nightmares. Can't imagine that sound isn't driving some kid crazy as we write.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

Could there be a power point hidden under there and not a drain? Kind of like the ones in shopping centres?  

Re: the straws - CofCinci - I was waiting for the reply: "we do things a little bit differently" LOL

As much as I like to snark on the Duggars, my grands all like straws in their hot chocolate.  Have since they were tiny. Of course when we make it is "warm chocolate" but we still tell them to be careful.  the younger ones like a straw in anything.  if they could have one with soup they would do that too.

• Love 3

The comments. Holy hell, the comments. I need a shot of insulin.

I need a shot of Phenergan or Zofran.

I know, I'm really surprised they let that one slide.

It was only because of the "star" remark, otherwise they wouldn't have.

• Love 5

Swiss Miss, because F actual food. I bet they drink Country Time Lemonade in the summer, too.

Of all the unhealthy and feral things the Duggars do, drinking Swiss Miss and Country Time Lemonade just doesn't make the 'bad stuff' list.

Looks to me like they're drinking out of plastic stirs. Kids tend to do that. They think it's fun. Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 7