Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

Whenever I see RIP on a post consoling somebody on a loss, I can only think of old cartoons or Halloween tombstone decorations.  It’s a pet peeve of mine.  How hard is it to write out Rest In Peace?  Just my opinion, but RIP just feels too hurried or thoughtless or disrespectful.  Again just my opinion but I hate seeing numerous posts of RIP when somebody announces the passing of a loved one.

I’ll get off my soapbox before I start on Jill’s hashtags...

Exactly! I picture the Haunted Mansion at Disney World with all the “RIP” so-and-so on the tombstones. It’s beyond inappropriate on a message of sincere sympathy. And to her sister, no less!

• Love 8

Wow I just went to Jill’s Instagram, and she is getting hammered in the comments! More than any of her other posts, including grandma Mary being ready to “check outta here”. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

And besides the stupid emojis and hashtags, there's the constant repetitive use of "y'all" (three times in three sentences). Jill, we all know you're Southern, you don't have to hit us over the head with it. If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me, but I have always understood that real Southerners would use the contraction "y'all" in conversation, but would never type it out like that. 

Of all the Duggars, Jill seems to be the most "Southern" and it seems to have become more pronounced with time, to the point where she's laying it on a little too thick. Maybe she thinks it's cute or it will appeal to her fan base. I wonder if it's like Michelle's "baby voice", a linguistic trick she puts on to make it seem like she's "keeping sweet" when underneath she's feeling anything but sweet.

Jessa is extreme with the “southern” too.

• Love 4

Since I'm an old lady and don't text, I don't understand the use of hashtags. We called the # pound signs and they had a grammatical use. What's with all the hashtags? Why do it and what do they mean in these posts? It looked awful in Jill's post for Joy.

• Love 4
(edited)
27 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Since I'm an old lady and don't text, I don't understand the use of hashtags. We called the # pound signs and they had a grammatical use. What's with all the hashtags? Why do it and what do they mean in these posts? It looked awful in Jill's post for Joy.

Hashtags are really just an indexing tool for social media or micro logging sites that allows users to search and view similar created content. If I search #CountingOn I'd expect to see posts related to Counting On. General etiquette says to limit your hashtags, though there is no formal limit. (Instagram banned receive hashtags at one point and people just started putting them in the comments.)

Jill's issue is that she didn't seem to understand hashtags aren't meant to be commentary. Things like #rip and #besthubbyeva are pointless and stupid and make her seem like a 9 year old trying to keep up with the cool kids. (And the emojis certainly don't help.)

Jill's use of hashtags remind me of the Jimmy Fallon/Justin Timberlake skit, #hashtag. It's definitely with the watch, imo. (#shutthefuckup 😂)

Edited by McManda
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, MzTori77 said:

Wow I just went to Jill’s Instagram, and she is getting hammered in the comments! More than any of her other posts, including grandma Mary being ready to “check outta here”. 

She really is getting beat up. Not very many defenders either. If she doesn't figure it out from all those comments then I don't know that she ever will. 📴

• Love 14
On 6/29/2019 at 5:53 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I'm surprised that judgy mcjudgerson Jill liked this. Although I guess we can all concede that she's messed up.

She probably doesn’t see herself as one of the ones putting people off ... she’s not that self aware 

• Love 12

Folks, we've had a repeated problem lately where we're using the Duggars as a starting point and then going way, way off-topic where we're not talking about them at all, but instead our own lives or customs or whatever. 

People come to these threads to read about the Duggars and our reaction to them. So we'd like to keep these threads to the relevant. 

Good rules of thumb: if your post does not mention the appropriate Duggars at all, it's off-topic and belongs in Small Talk. 

If your post mentions the Duggars only BARELY, and is mostly about your own personal experiences, those of your family or friends, or discussion of generalized customs or topics, it's off-topic and belongs in Small Talk. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, dariafan said:

I wish she would take a class.  Learn something     Make a friend who could tell her how to edit herself.  We all need that person.  

My theory is that Derrick is her ghost writer/editor but that sometimes he just doesn’t care enough to bother. Or he enjoys feeling superior.

• Love 8
(edited)

I really can't believe she's still doing these #besthubbyeva posts. At this point, it 100% appears she is trying to convince herself, not us! So sad. I feel sometimes that after an emotionally abusive relationship in my younger years, where I had to almost beg for any tiny scrap of affection, that I am more grateful for just any little thing than most. I'd see girls on Facebook getting "just because" gifts and feel like dirt, because there was no way he would ever do that for me (though to his credit, he paid for dates) and internalized it. I'll never forget the Valentine's where we fought all day, and I bought myself a dollar store box of chocolates and had him hand it to me so I would feel good enough to receive something from my boyfriend.  I started to feel undeserving, and maybe was a little like Jill when I was in a healthy relationship for the first time, minus sharing it with the world. Omg he got xyz at the store just for me? I can't believe I deserve this!!!  However, as I put that relationship behind me, I felt more and more normal. I am still more appreciative than most, but at this point, I don't feel it's coming from an unhealthy place. I wish Jill could get to that point, but for some reason, she is not.

what worries me about Jill is that:

1. She gives Derick a shout out for the MOST TRIVIAL things, and...

2. She is still doing it after five years of marriage!

I just fail to see why bringing your spouse coffee in bed, or getting their favorite milk, or stopping by sonic because they like it, is exceptional. In fact, this makes me feel like Jill is doing all the work in the relationship, and Derick coasts by. Notice that she also yells from the rooftops when Derick vacuums. He probably only does that because he gets to a point where he can't stand the filth, but whatever. It leads me to believe that he rarely or never treats her to anything significant, if coffee is still such a big deal, and...

They've been married five years!!! I don't know what in Jill's past makes her feel so undeserving. For all his faults, JB seems to at least have a surface level idea of what his kids like, and treats them (in small ways) like individuals (as long as it doesn't interfere with his belief system). For instance, he won't let Jill be an individual enough to go to nursing school, but I think he would know what candy she likes compared to what Jessa likes, and would buy it for them on occasion. Maybe she has felt for years like she was undeserving of a good husband because of the molestation, and if so, that breaks my heart. Still, she has been married five years. It worries me that a small, superficial gesture means so much to her. I am NOT saying that you can't be appreciative, even on social media, when your spouse does a small, nice thing for you. I would never look at someone's post about getting coffee in bed from someone I know has a good marriage and feel this way. But that person likely would just be touched by the small act, and not campaigning for #besthubbyeva. 

At the VERY least, Jill has gotten so much negative feedback about this kind of thing, but, well...she never learns her lesson!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 22
2 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I really can't believe she's still doing these #besthubbyeva posts. At this point, it 100% appears she is trying to convince herself, not us! So sad. I feel sometimes that after an emotionally abusive relationship in my younger years, where I had to almost beg for any tiny scrap of affection, that I am more grateful for just any little thing than most. I'd see girls on Facebook getting "just because" gifts and feel like dirt, because there was no way he would ever do that for me (though to his credit, he paid for dates) and internalized it. I'll never forget the Valentine's where we fought all day, and I bought myself a dollar store box of chocolates and had him hand it to me so I would feel good enough to receive something from my boyfriend.  I started to feel undeserving, and maybe was a little like Jill when I was in a healthy relationship for the first time, minus sharing it with the world. Omg he got xyz at the store just for me? I can't believe I deserve this!!!

what worries me about Jill is that:

1. She gives Derick a shout out for the MOST TRIVIAL things, and...

2. She is still doing it after five years of marriage!

I just fail to see why bringing your spouse coffee in bed, or getting their favorite milk, or stopping by sonic because they like it, is exceptional. In fact, this makes me feel like Jill is doing all the work in the relationship, and Derick coasts by. Notice that she also yells from the rooftops when Derick vacuums. He probably only does that because he gets to a point where he can't stand the filth, but whatever. It leads me to believe that he rarely or never treats her to anything significant, if coffee is still such a big deal, and...

They've been married five years!!! I don't know what in Jill's past makes her feel so undeserving. For all his faults, JB seems to at least have a surface level idea of what his kids like, and treats them (in small ways) like individuals (as long as it doesn't interfere with his belief system). For instance, he won't let Jill be an individual enough to go to nursing school, but I think he would know what candy she likes compared to what Jessa likes, and would buy it for them on occasion. Maybe she has felt for years like she was undeserving of a good husband because of the molestation, and if so, that breaks my heart. Still, she has been married five years. It worries me that a small, superficial gesture means so much to her. I am NOT saying that you can't be appreciative, even on social media, when your spouse does a small, nice thing for you. I would never look at someone's post about getting coffee in bed from someone I know has a good marriage and feel this way. But that person likely would just be touched by the small act, and not campaigning for #besthubbyeva. 

At the VERY least, Jill has gotten so much negative feedback about this kind of thing, but, well...she never learns her lesson!

I get coffee in bed from Mr Jyn probably at least four times a week now that he is retired. Before that he would almost always bring it on weekends. He's a morning person and typically gets up around 5:30. I'm generally asleep for a good hour or two after that, but I really don't do mornings with anything but a scowl at the best of times. I got breakfast in bed this morning. Which I appreciated very much, as I appreciate a whole lot of things Mr Jyn does. But he's still not the "best hubby ever" by any stretch! I'd venture a guess that very few spouses out there really are. We pretty much all have lists of faults every bit as long as our lists of virtues, and I really doubt Dreck is any different.

• Love 19

Geez Jill.  Get a grip. If I listed everything like that Mr Quinn does for me, there would be hashtags to hell and back. Let me say, it's nice that derelict does those little thoughtful things for Jill, but it doesn't require her shouting from the rooftops. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

AAD76C73-473D-4FA8-8ECB-8BCF893916BC.jpeg

So he does the bare minimum of "loving" stuff then?  Next thing we'll have a photo of a single daisy with a caption  "Wonderful hubby brought me AN Flower".  Followed by a cupcake picture labeled "He can't cook but he brought me THE Desserts"  (perhaps she'll add "Neither can I" after can't cook or spell it Deserts).

It's a nice gesture but is coffee in bed really IG worthy as part of her influencer status?  She's trying to make money off of these isn't she?  Surprised she didn't at least mentioned the brand and say  "He brought me Mococoa drink; all natural cocoa beans from the upper slopes of Mount Nicaragua. No artificial sweeteners."   (quote used because I sometimes think Jill and Meryl have the same frantically psychotic smile)

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sigmaforce86 said:

She's trying to make money off of these isn't she?  Surprised she didn't at least mentioned the brand and say  "He brought me Mococoa drink; all natural cocoa beans from the upper slopes of Mount Nicaragua. No artificial sweeteners."   (quote used because I sometimes think Jill and Meryl have the same frantically psychotic smile)

(You forgot the emoticons...)

• LOL 9

Boyce College?  I found this on Wikipedia:

Boyce College is a private, Christian college affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and located in the Crescent Hill neighborhood of Louisville, Kentucky.

Maybe she took a couple of online courses.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It’s up to Derick to post, I guess.....

E0D30D30-5CA6-4BC2-8471-24121D17F543.jpeg

47FA0A37-2256-4C4B-8EBA-F4B657058AA8.jpeg

E309FDB0-0B68-4B86-A1BE-2C77046A4D5F.jpeg

BE570EC9-7A3F-498A-A197-5ED46541EE82.jpeg

A comment on the post:

13D5F2C0-3441-482E-A18B-851B5B9A853C.jpeg

My heart weeps for that little one with her ill fitting bow and some random thing, a pacifier maybe, that looks like it is coming out of her nose!  

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Boyce has quite a few classes and a couple of degree programs online.

I'm guessing Jill has determined that she thinks Israel has finished some kindergarten workbooks.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

Why hasn't Jilly posted about Boyce College? It's not like she rarely uses social media.

I think Dillwad lies through his lying teeth.

ETA: Flame evidently is an alum.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 22

He didn't say how many classes Jill took did he?  Perhaps she took one or two after they were first married when he was still yammering on about becoming a real SBC missionary.  That was probably when he figured out it was never happening.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

I'm still stuck on Jilly Muffin "doing" this Boyce College. She did College Minus way back when, but we never learned how many college credits she tested out of. I seriously doubt it was more than two courses.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Boyce’s only online degrees are in Bible and Theological Studies. I’d love for someone to ask DD was Jill majored in. 

Oh, and Derick, I have a Bachelors, a Masters, AND I’m working on my EdS, so I’m pretty sure I’ve got more college credits than your dimwit wife who can only speak in emojis.

Jill can get a PHD in emoji communication!

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
On 7/6/2019 at 5:18 PM, ginger90 said:

AAD76C73-473D-4FA8-8ECB-8BCF893916BC.jpeg

Why do I picture Jill making coffee in the kitchen then when it’s ready she rushes up stairs to bed and calls Derek to get her coffee. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1