Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

@BitterApple and @Absolom, thank you! I agree it is weird that Derick's family didn't get braces for him when he was younger since they seem to have been in the position to do so. I have an in-law who only got braces in his late 20s, but he is also from another country that has a lot of poverty,  so it makes sense to me that he had to wait until he had insurance.

I hope that if Izzy is manifesting genuine problems with his bite/teeth, that they are proactive in addressing it with a qualified professional. 

• Love 7
(edited)

So basically Jillly is saying she never knew what kama sutra was and probably never even bothered to look it up or open the book before staging her little ad.

Edited by Lunera
  • LOL 10
  • Love 9
Just now, Lunera said:

So basically Jillly is saying she never knew what kama sutra was and probably never even bothered to open the book before staging her little ad.

So she is basically a liar, charlatan, desperate or dumb. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Zella said:

One of my professors for a mandatory religious class at the private Christian college told us that Christians really shouldn't be afraid of ideas or intellectualism. I think a lot of people in the class were uncomfortable with what he said. But as a kid who was so fed up with the narrow-mindedness and willful ignorance that surrounded me, I wanted to weep for joy.

Sadly, I don't think anyone has ever told the Duggars this, and even if they did, the Duggars wouldn't care.

I realize I grew up Catholic, a faith that hand a huge hand in developing the university system,  but I know that other faiths encourage people to really study their beliefs.  I don't understand this idea to only listen to one authority on all matters of faith.  The idea of only reading specific authors on faith and never looking at other viewpoints is completely foreign to me.  I would also argue that the OG Protestants would not agree with this either.  Martin Luther,  John Calvin, etc all were well versed in Roman Catholic theology.   

• Love 7
3 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Now Jill is “clarifying” her post a bit and has edited it due to so many comments 😂😂  

@anna0852  have you been blocked yet?  

609D7805-E8A5-4768-BDFB-0D08BD49962F.jpeg

That's hilarious! My favorite genre of Duggar is "Post Something They Think is Cool and Mainstream and Then Have to Explain That's Not What They Meant When They Get Dragged."

5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Wedding day vs 5th anniversary: (sorry the pictures are so big)

AB166D33-5E75-48C7-BC7F-0D8B046EE7C7.jpeg

8194BB60-6B93-48A1-902B-B07DDAB40D13.jpeg

He's an ugly mofo regardless but he looks much better now than he did then.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I realize I grew up Catholic, a faith that hand a huge hand in developing the university system,  but I know that other faiths encourage people to really study their beliefs.  I don't understand this idea to only listen to one authority on all matters of faith.  The idea of only reading specific authors on faith and never looking at other viewpoints is completely foreign to me.  I would also argue that the OG Protestants would not agree with this either.  Martin Luther,  John Calvin, etc all were well versed in Roman Catholic theology.   

Yes I was fortunate to be raised in a home where I was encouraged to think for myself and not be afraid of ideas. It shocked me when I went to that college and realized how many people thought that was a bad thing.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I do feel sorry for Jill in this situation.   There is nothing unbiblical about a married couple exploring their sexuality.   The original meaning of the Kama Sutra has been watered down so much over the centuries that I can't believe this particular book could pose any threat.   She must have gotten a lot of blowback from the Jill Rodriguez's of the world who are so narrow-minded and insecure in their faith that they cannot even comprehend reading the sacred text of another faith. 

If you are secure in your faith,  then you can learn about other faiths.  There is no risk of you straying from the path.   You should also be able to withstand criticism of your faith.

I am Catholic, and I always thought that after marriage pretty much anything sexually was permissible so long as it remained monogamous.  I was wrong.  My husband and I attended a pre-marriage education class (Pre-Cana) for all couples who want to be married in the church.  One lecture was on sex.  We got the usual info about "natural" family planning and only having sex if we were ready to welcome a child and were told that sexual acts that didn't lead directly to conception were no bueno.  I looked around the room during this, and based on people's faces, I think it's safe to say that no one was really buying this bill of goods.  Incidentally, we were also given a book about sex in marriage, and one section talked about thinking of Jesus watching over you as you have sex to help you conceive a healthy child.  I threw away the book after that.  (Incidentally, I got married in 2009 and not 1899).

So I'm sure that in Jill's faith, sexuality isn't 100% open even after marriage!

• Useful 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

I don't think Derick's oral situation was that bad prior to surgery. I think he "killed an ant with a cannon". Waaayyyy too much done that was unnecessary IMO. I think this surgery was a waste of time. Good orthodontics could have resolved the cosmetic issue. He didn't seem to have a problem chewing when he was COURTING Jilly Muffin. 

If Jill didn't know what was in that book, why did she post a photo? She's an idiot.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

That's hilarious! My favorite genre of Duggar is "Post Something They Think is Cool and Mainstream and Then Have to Explain That's Not What They Meant When They Get Dragged."

He's an ugly mofo regardless but he looks much better now than he did then.

Those new teeth look like they could be crowns or veneers to make them all even. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I don't think Derick's oral situation was that bad prior to surgery. I think he "killed an ant with a cannon". Waaayyyy too much done that was unnecessary IMO. I think this surgery was a waste of time. Good orthodontics could have resolved the cosmetic issue. He didn't seem to have a problem chewing when he was COURTING Jilly Muffin. 

If Jill didn't know what was in that book, why did she post a photo? She's an idiot.

His jaw was extremely narrow and there's no way orthodontics can fix that in an adult who's bones have hardened. I really doubt he had the surgery purely for cosmetics issues. Malocclusions and jaw issues cause long-term problems and the surgery was likely an attempt to prevent them. Here's hoping these buffoon's learn from Derick's experience and get Israel the orthodontia he needs as early as possible.

Signed: Someone who's getting a third crown because her lower jaw is just off enough to fuck up her molars. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

Agreed. Maybe if Jilly Muffin wasn't such an insufferable know-it -all about marriage, sex, cooking and....well everything, I would feel an ounce of compassion for her. As it is, I think her current Kama Sutra misstep is freaking hilarious.

• LOL 5
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm surprised that judgy mcjudgerson Jill liked this. Although I guess we can all concede that she's messed up.

i would 'like' it too, if i could.

• Love 1

Anyone seen Jill newest post on Instagram?! https://www.instagram.com/p/BzRV4T-Aft3/?igshid=wkbnsot0cyk1

Cathy has written a book about the horrors of her cancer, treatment & escaping death. It’s called “I Shall Not Die: My Walk Through The Valley of Death”. 

The cover is a photo of her & Israel. It’s A LOT.

Cathy probably feels non religious people deserve their cancer because they aren’t in God’s good graces. It sickens me how she feels she was only saved by God.

But I’m bias as I work in experimental cancer research & we want to help as many as we can through our clinical trials. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Now Jill is “clarifying” her post a bit and has edited it due to so many comments 😂😂  

@anna0852  have you been blocked yet?  

609D7805-E8A5-4768-BDFB-0D08BD49962F.jpeg

Just to clarify: We’re still closed minded bigots. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, jb0495 said:

Cathy probably feels non religious people deserve their cancer because they aren’t in God’s good graces. It sickens me how she feels she was only saved by God.

I'm currently receiving treatment at one of the top ten cancer centers in the country and I have too much practice biting my tongue at these "good Christians" pushing their cancer treatment story books on me.  I have zero interest in reading any of them and wish they'd quit thinking they'd be of any interest to me.  I expect Cathy's book would irritate me at a minimum.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm surprised that judgy mcjudgerson Jill liked this. Although I guess we can all concede that she's messed up.

I’m not surprised actually. I have several ‘friends’ who are conservative evangelicals who would like this.  They truly don’t recognize the fact that the quote is referring to THEM as the problem.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
23 hours ago, Zella said:

The Post It note thing just killed me. It was so ridiculous I almost felt sorry for them.

I’m still laughing about the post it notes, and it’s become a regular joking suggestion to my partner!  “Let’s rub on scented lotion and put post it’s on our naked bodies!”  

@ginger90 you scared me with those huge frightening Dillwad photos!  😱

• LOL 9

That quote of Deena's is messed up in and of itself. If she thinks she's showing how open minded and non-judgmental she is by that post, I have to disagree.

What's the definition of "messed-up people"? And what's Deena's definition of "religious people"?

Every single one of these uber Christians seem to have to one-up others in one way or another. Whether it's God cured me because I love Jesus better than you or I love more people than you do, etc,  it's just too much.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

That quote of Deena's is messed up in and of itself. If she thinks she's showing how open minded and non-judgmental she is by that post, I have to disagree.

What's the definition of "messed-up people"? And what's Deena's definition of "religious people"?

Every single one of these uber Christians seem to have to one-up others in one way or another. Whether it's God cured me because I love Jesus better than you or I love more people than you do, etc,  it's just too much.

From my experience in a evangelical but not fundie church, former gays, single moms, etc were “welcome” as long as they were no longer choosing to live that “lifestyle”. It’s a false “Had an abortion? You’re welcome here!”*

*But you better not have another one and you better admit what a horrible thing it was you did and how Jesus showed you the light. 

Its a dangerous false ”we welcome everyone”.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
46 minutes ago, Trillium said:

From my experience in a evangelical but not fundie church, former gays, single moms, etc were “welcome” as long as they were no longer choosing to live that “lifestyle”. It’s a false “Had an abortion? You’re welcome here!”*

*But you better not have another one and you better admit what a horrible thing it was you did and how Jesus showed you the light. 

Also sad that these folks are considered "messed up".

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Also sad that these folks are considered "messed up".

See that's what is so sweet and special and neat about the Duggars. They aren't messed up at all 😱

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I was looking at a Citrus and Lemon posting over on the Lonely J's thread, and it occurred to me that Jill might be doing this as part of "Duggar Enterprises." While I think that Jill misses being on the show, I think it's just as big a deal to her that her family is the only was that isn't part of "Duggar Enterprises." If she can contribute to the family business through her SM posts and then get some small percentage back for her own family, I think that would mean more to her than having the money for her own family.

He whole life, and her whole identity is tied up in being 4 of 19 Duggar, and breaking from that has proven to be essentially impossible for her.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Trillium said:

Exactly, those who've 'strayed' are only welcome if they confess to their horrible sins, repeatedly beg their fellow church members for forgiveness and promise to never, ever do it again.

(edited)
On 6/30/2019 at 6:13 PM, ginger90 said:

The fourth picture of them sitting in the big chair is literally the happiest I've ever seen Jill. She looks like a 5-year-old and that's obviously where she feels comfortable and safe.

Edited by cmr2014
miscounted the pictures
  • Love 11

Glad to see that the overpriced sofa-print shirt got to take a trip with its friend baby-poop undershirt. Poor sofa shirt. I thought it might never get to see the world beyond the backyard of dismal chez Dillard.  

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

I actually thought that Jill’s response in IG was one of the better Duggar responses we’ve seen. She was clear, honest, non-combative, and as open as it’s possible for them to be. She believes exactly what she says and it’s no surprise. 

• Love 9