Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I was watching the show What Would You Do? Friday night. In one situation, a couple were waiting for their son in a restaurant. The son came in dress as a drag queen. The parents were embarrassed and told the son he should be ashamed of himself. A few people in the restaurant were on the parent's side, but a lot of people were on the son's side.

I could only imagine what would happen if a drag queen came in the same restaurant Deredick and Jilly Girl were in. I admit I probably would chuckle at the looks on their faces, but I bet Deredick would turn into a major ass and cause a scene.

14 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I was watching the show What Would You Do? Friday night. In one situation, a couple were waiting for their son in a restaurant. The son came in dress as a drag queen. The parents were embarrassed and told the son he should be ashamed of himself. A few people in the restaurant were on the parent's side, but a lot of people were on the son's side.

I could only imagine what would happen if a drag queen came in the same restaurant Deredick and Jilly Girl were in. I admit I probably would chuckle at the looks on their faces, but I bet Deredick would turn into a major ass and cause a scene.

I love this! Where were some of these people when David Bowie did this on the early 70’s? It really is nothing new.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I agree! While people have been trans forever, and surgery had existed for decades, it's only now coming into acceptability in the mainstream. When I was growing up, we had one transgender m to f in town. I didn't know her personally, but she worked at a local store. She was regarded as a total weirdo, and the butt of constant jokes. Her transition seemed freakily experimental, and honestly taboo. Nobody liked to even think about it beyond the surface level, because we found it disturbing. Now, people definitely wouldn't react that way. When I saw shows like I Am Jazz, I personally started to understand better that it's a legitimate brain disorder, and perfectly viable lifestyle that can lead to happiness just like being cis can. Jazz also shows it's not the freaks of society, but can happen in normal families (I think the trans person I knew growing up would have been strange and kind of creepy regardless of transition, very unlike jazz). Most of us growing up probably didn't think too hard about the transgender community's experience or reasons for transitioning, or that people could easily pass, as Jazz does. Now, some of that could be that I, and many of my peers, developed empathy as adults that we didn't have as children and teens. However, I went to school with many gay people, and that was totally normalized at the time. We felt empathy for our gay friends, and would have beat someone up in a second if someone bullied them! I think if transgender issues had been out there at that time, we would have accepted them too. We were theatre kids, after all!

transgender isn't new, but its acceptance in society as a valid lifestyle choice definitely is! Sadly, there are some people who are way behind the curve. Most of us educate ourselves and try to understand/empathize when something starts heading mainstream, but some people, like the Dullards, choose to willfully keep their heads in the sand. 

I think this is a really good summation, and agree that while there have been trans people out there all along, and surgery has been an option for quite some time, most people (certainly those over 40 or 50 now) grew up with the whole idea being treated more as a joke than otherwise. And while education can foster acceptance, understanding and empathy in most people, I do think it's more difficult for someone stuck in their ways and of a naturally conservative bent to truly find them anything but perplexing. And that's not even taking fundie mindsets with the fixation on sin and evil into account. I lean more liberal than otherwise, though still more or less moderate in general, and even still find myself leaning conservative in certain respects. I'm all for people's rights to be treated fairly and with respect, I'm, working to educate myself, but I can't entirely pretend that the whole idea of being trans doesn't just still strike me as strange...

• Love 7
(edited)
17 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

For someone like Derick, who still isn't ready to accept the basic humanity of gay people, the fact that he's simply been left behind and told that that's a done deal and he now has to accept transgender people, it's a lot to assimilate. I'm willing to give him that. My point was that he can go an sit by himself and process the reality of life for as long as necessary, but he should just shut up. I find electricity confusing, that's my problem. Electricity doesn't cease to exist because I don't really understand how it works and, if I sat around writing dumb-ass tweets about how it can't be real because I don't get it -- well, I would be well advised if someone told me to just shut up.

So true, and in 20 years Derick will still think gay parents are abusive parents due to the fact they're gay and he'll still think parents supporting their transgender children are abusive because they're supporting them.

In 20 years Derick still won't be shutting up either.

Derick does not get a pass from me because he's behind the curve of accepting people for who they are.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 15
18 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Derick isn't you, though, he's a fundie rube from Arkansas. 

I don't agree that Derick is just an ignorant country-bumpkin. He came from suburban middle-class background.  He's a college-educated former office drone. He's travelled the world.  

Even in AR, not everyone agrees with the Duggars. When Jon Stewart was on TDS, they did a segment on LGBT in AR and there were homophobic people and non-homphobic people. 

• Love 10

I can remember people saying "I don't know any gay people" and of course they did, they just didn't know it.  Because the gay people were in the closet.  Its different with transgender I think ( and I am very supportive because through my gay son I've learned a lot and met some wonderful people of all varieties so to speak) because some transitions are less noticeable than others.  

• Love 7

From 6th-12th grades, my core group of friends consisted of 8.  None of us came from wealthy families.  None of our parents were divorced, though one did lose her dad in 10th grade.  We were typical kids from a very small-knit community in the sticks.  After graduating, one of the girls decided to go to a business school that started much earlier in the fall than the rest of us who went to traditional colleges/universities.  I, along with another girl, went to a small, Catholic college close to home.  I ran into her in the parking lot one afternoon, and she wanted me to listen to a voicemail that she had received while in class.  "Susan" literally came out in this voicemail.  None of us had a clue.  But what makes me so sad is she didn't feel she could tell any of us before leaving for school.  She thought her only way was to leave a message for one of us.  My heart broke for her at the time.  She has a totally awesome life now, not to mention a new wife.  

Dick has met gay or lesbian people before.  Hell, he may have been friends with one or six.  He just didn't know it.   What is he going to do when the boys start interacting with other children?  Take a survey of any potential friend and ask?  We have come so far in attitudes of others, but we are miles from the finish line.  

• Love 15

Dillard Family Ministry Update June 2018

Jul 1, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos| 0 

Thank y’all for continuing to pray for our ministry as Derick is working with Cross Church School of Ministry (CCSM). We have had the privilege of meeting so many great people and have loved getting to connect with many international students at the University of Arkansas. In some of our previous ministry updates, we introduced you to a Nepali couple we met at the U of A. They recently gave birth to their first baby, a little boy! We were so excited to get to meet him recently and spend some time with their family.

Derick has continued to help with outreach ministry in our local area and has finished up most of his seminary credit through the CCSM! We appreciate your continued prayers as we continue to share the hope of Jesus Christ with others!

E9FB9B61-6CFF-4F19-B798-6F24739C6D5F.jpeg

80E2B799-BB51-4C7A-A4A7-F913846B4F7A.jpeg

3CC4ECFD-5F12-4E86-9339-B0C4D3260EFD.jpeg

• Love 2

Now they're calling it "Seminary credit?" Since the " credit" is non-transferrable, shouldn't they just level with people and tell them the truth? Derelict was nothing but a shadow for the college mission at Cross Church. He did what he was told to do, as happens when you pay someone for your services.

• Love 10
(edited)

So basically...they are literally doing nothing. They went to see an acquaintance who had a baby, and that's the only update they can give about this month. All this BS blather about "sharing the hope of Christ" is just flowery wording...ummm exactly what are they doing? Nothing.

ETA: what they do is insulting to real missionaries. I know people who run an African mission from the states, coordinating programs there, raising money, and going there to do worthwhile things several times a year. They do this on top of having full time jobs! There is no reason Derick couldn't have stayed in the corporate world and done something like this. They would have had the advantage of Jill not having a job, especially before Izzy. Both members of this couple work full time, and do a million times more to help than these dolts!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 17

So when they leave the student housing,  where will they go? Boob is all out of houses to give and the Dullards aren't earning him any money. Jill just planted a whole garden in their backyard, I think Derick intends on staying in school longer.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

They recently gave birth to their first baby, a little boy!

Is this the poor family that was gifted with Jill's chicken and dumplings that she showed us saying A friend just had a baby?  If so, please know that the general populace of America does NOT consider Jill's food a good representation of our food.

1 hour ago, Lunera said:

So when they leave the student housing,  where will they go? Boob is all out of houses to give and the Dullards aren't earning him any money. Jill just planted a whole garden in their backyard, I think Derick intends on staying in school longer.

This has been the big question.  They don't have to pay for student housing, but they do have to pay for food.  I really hope Cathy isn't giving them love offerings.  I know when the garden went in, several of us were asking, NOW you plant a garden? but you'll be gone before you can harvest it.  I think they just planted it because they saw how much attention Jana's gardening work got on Jessa's IG posts.  

• Love 10
(edited)

They are just sad.  They have no income, no plans, no purpose...  They keep pretending they are happy and working but I can’t beleive anybody is buying this!

I’m sure Josh/Anna are miserable but the rest of the couples seem at least content if not happy..with the exception of the GoFundie peeps. 

Edited by Soaper410
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Soaper410 said:

They are just sad.  They have no income, no plans, no purpose...  They keep pretending they are happy and working but I can’t beleive anybody is buying this!

I’m sure Josh/Anna are miserable but the rest of the couples seem at least content if not happy..with the exception of the GoFundie peeps. 

Yes- Josh and Anna are miserable (Josh more than Anna). IMO Ben and Jessa probably enjoy each other and get along well, and they were very physically attracted to each other which can make unpleasant things more pleasant. Jinger & Jeremy are still in the honeymoon stage. Joe & Kendra have an ease and a chemistry- I think they are FRIENDS as well as spouse....

Derrick probably passively hates Jill’s guts (unfairly) and she doesn’t know why. I would think you can the tension in their house with a butter knife. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes- Josh and Anna are miserable (Josh more than Anna). IMO Ben and Jessa probably enjoy each other and get along well, and they were very physically attracted to each other which can make unpleasant things more pleasant. Jinger & Jeremy are still in the honeymoon stage. Joe & Kendra have an ease and a chemistry- I think they are FRIENDS as well as spouse....

Derrick probably passively hates Jill’s guts (unfairly) and she doesn’t know why. I would think you can the tension in their house with a butter knife

Derrick is unhappy, so he hates everyone but himself. To be honest about it, I could not stand to be around Jill for more than five seconds especially with my anxiety levels the last few months. They both could use some professional counseling, but they see real counseling as a side of weakness aka the devil has taken over my mind and soul aka I will just pray and read the bible crap. Btw, I am not saying praying and reading the bible is bad especially if it helps a person feel better, but in the case of Deredick and Jilly Girl, it is not helping either one of them.

3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Derrick probably passively hates Jill’s guts (unfairly) and she doesn’t know why. I would think you can the tension in their house with a butter knife. 

I am not a huge Jill fan but I do feel bad for her.  She grew up believing her life was perfect once she got married to the man JB and God wanted for her.  JB does seem to adore J’chelle despite their other shortcomings.

J’chelle fail to mention they actually dated & knew each other first.  They fell in love and actually got to dictact their own relationship and timeline!.  Plus after they married, they had YEARS to enjoy each other and build their businesses.

Jill did what every teenager with a crush does, “falls in love” instantly.  They Duggars don’t provide any kind of rules about jobs, incomes, marriage counseling, etc.  

Meanwhile Derrick gets famous and a platform for his “convictions” and now realizes the grass isn’t greener..

• Love 12
(edited)
8 minutes ago, toodles said:

never mind

I find myself thinking this more often than not while reading these forums.   (Eye roll.  Face palm. Huge sigh, Etc)

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Oooh, I so want to see Jill and Derick eating out somewhere at one of those places that do only the big tables so you wind up sharing with strangers and have Ru Paul in full drag come and sit at their table with a few friends.  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I find myself thinking this more often than not while reading these forums.   (Eye roll.  Face palm. Huge sigh, Etc)

I found a facepalm Jesus that describes Derwood perfectly, but I couldn't get the link to work.

• Love 2

In looking for something else, I found this Bible quote.  I'm guessing Derelick doesn't read Proverbs.

Proverbs 21:23    King James Bible
Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I don't think Derick would do anything but leave. He'd blow up on Twitter of course. He's too much of a coward to cause a scene or confront anyone face to face. Someone like him is only brave enough to sprout off stupid stuff on Twitter or attack children on Twitter. He won't put himself in a situation where he could get his ass handed to him or be embarrassed by calling out a drag queen or gay or lesbian in a restaurant where other people could easily side against him. Look at how he reacts to being questioned on Twitter or when people on Twitter point out his lies to him. He either twits something stupid or vague, or doesn't answer, or have his mommy come to his rescue.  There's no way he's going to say anything and I really doubt he says and of the crap he does on Twitter unless its at home or with like minded friends or CC. He would never say any of the stuff he does at a restaurant or store or any place else that could have people who can and probably will call him out to his face. 

• Love 18
13 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Is this the poor family that was gifted with Jill's chicken and dumplings that she showed us saying A friend just had a baby?  If so, please know that the general populace of America does NOT consider Jill's food a good representation of our 

I cringe whenever I read that they had foreign exchange students over for an "American meal." The rest of the world already rags on us for our diet as it is, we don't need Jilly Muffin reinforcing negative stereotypes and giving unsuspecting co-eds constipation to boot. Step away from the canned soup, Jill. 

• Love 12
On 2018-06-28 at 5:29 PM, Pingaponga said:

Thanks. I think our "wonkiest" Prime Minister was William Lyon Mackenzie King, who reportedly used a crystal ball to try to talk to his dead mother.  And whose grandfather led a rebellion and had to flee to the US. Our leaders have been pretty damn boring.

In Ontario, we're bracing for... excitement.  ?

• Love 3
18 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I can remember people saying "I don't know any gay people" and of course they did, they just didn't know it.  Because the gay people were in the closet.  Its different with transgender I think ( and I am very supportive because through my gay son I've learned a lot and met some wonderful people of all varieties so to speak) because some transitions are less noticeable than others.  

I remember the All in the Family episode where Archie was convinced Mike's flamboyant friend was gay. The man who was gay turned out to be Archie's football player (and very masculine) friend. 

• Love 12

Cinnamon Toast Recipe

Jul 2, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

This was one of my brother’s (Joseph) favorite breakfast items when we were all kids. It may not be super healthy, but makes for a fun treat occasionally.

4 slices whole wheat bread (toasted)

4 T. Butter (melted)

2 T. Cinnamon

1/2 C. Sugar

Toast your bread, then butter it with the melted butter (about 1 TB per slice or less…has to have enough butter to make the cinnamon sugar stick).  In a bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar. Pour some of the cinnamon sugar mixture onto your toast, then pour off. Do this about 4 or 5 times and rotate the bread each time so that each of the edges gets a good coating. Enjoy!

3C10444A-E893-4F85-A6CD-6EF3E50651CD.jpeg

62973A88-FBC3-41F9-BC13-9D25C1530B84.jpeg

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Cinnamon Toast Recipe

Jul 2, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

This was one of my brother’s (Joseph) favorite breakfast items when we were all kids. It may not be super healthy, but makes for a fun treat occasionally.

4 slices whole wheat bread (toasted)

4 T. Butter (melted)

2 T. Cinnamon

1/2 C. Sugar

Toast your bread, then butter it with the melted butter (about 1 TB per slice or less…has to have enough butter to make the cinnamon sugar stick).  In a bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar. Pour some of the cinnamon sugar mixture onto your toast, then pour off. Do this about 4 or 5 times and rotate the bread each time so that each of the edges gets a good coating. Enjoy!

3C10444A-E893-4F85-A6CD-6EF3E50651CD.jpeg

62973A88-FBC3-41F9-BC13-9D25C1530B84.jpeg

Should anyone tell Jill that McCormick makes a cinnamon sugar already mixed? 

• Love 10

It's not just toast...it's CINNAMON toast.  That just ups the difficulty factor.  I'm waiting for her to tell me how to fill a pot with water.  

Izzy doesn't seem impressed with his toast.

• Love 20

What I think is this:  Dillweed is a picker and chooser of the bible stuff he likes.  I know he's far from being the only one who does this, but it chaps my ass.

And, to boot, he pisses and moans about what other people choose to do, that don't affect him one whit!  He's just a hateful ass-chapper in so many ways, it's pathetic.

I would really love to be a fly on the wall at the TTH to hear what JB thinks about his brilliant match-making choice for his favorite daughter.  Or does Boob just go to the prayer closet with his head ready to explode?  TLC should film some of that drama.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Pollypam said:

I'm sorry, but 1/2 cup of sugar on four pieces of toast!!!!!!???????

LOL.  If any Duggar escapes diabetes, it'll be a miracle.  Oh, right, I forgot, they're special!

Poor Izzy and Sam.  Jill is such a twit.  Her knees are positively defrauding all those fundies drooling over her picture.  It's like she's saying, "look at me, y'all, my godly hubby lets me do whatever I want."  Pathetic.

• Love 4

I am waiting for her boiling water recipe or how to bake a pizza in the oven recipe. I hope she tells us to take the pizza out of the box and plastic before putting it on a baking sheet in the oven.