Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I think fresh pork chops are a bit of a stretch for Jill.  This is how I see her "pork" dinner.

Start with a casserole dish - you can double the recipe and put into an industrial sized pan to feed more.  Cover the bottom with a bag of tater tots and smash them.  Next open 2 cans of Spam and slice them.  If you're scared of knives just use a pair of scissors! (little cooking tip there my Mama taught me) Put those on top of the smushed tater tots.  Next open 4 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup and dump in.  Cover with sliced or grated Processed Cheese - aka Velvetta.  Put into oven and bake until done.  Serves 112.  Don't forget to add the homemade bread, salad and fresh fruit - Yaaaaaaaayy!

That sounds eerily like something that might have been in those recipe archives of MeeeChelle's. I'll be looking for it to show up on Jill's blog

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I think fresh pork chops are a bit of a stretch for Jill.  This is how I see her "pork" dinner.

Start with a casserole dish - you can double the recipe and put into an industrial sized pan to feed more.  Cover the bottom with a bag of tater tots and smash them.  Next open 2 cans of Spam and slice them.  If you're scared of knives just use a pair of scissors! (little cooking tip there my Mama taught me) Put those on top of the smushed tater tots.  Next open 4 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup and dump in.  Cover with sliced or grated Processed Cheese - aka Velvetta.  Put into oven and bake until done.  Serves 112.  Don't forget to add the homemade bread, salad and fresh fruit - Yaaaaaaaayy!

Yummy. Duggar approved.  If this shows up on Jill's recipe blog, please threaten to sue her. 

• Love 18
Just now, DragonFaerie said:

I think if I could somehow have managed to add whipped topping or ice cream sandwiches I could have gotten triple word score, but that's the best I could do at the moment.  LOL

Skip the salad, bread, and fruit. Go directly to Sam's Club bagged ice cream sandwiches for the masses. You scored a Duggar wedding reception! Triple word count: fat, carbs, and salt. Chemical additives are a double letter score somewhere. 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

I HATE the Food Network - GBBO has spoiled me - but I would legit watch that. 

I love to watch the Food Network at the gym.  Don't ask me why.  Clearly someone else is the same kind of crazy as me, though, because I started only after getting there and finding the treadmill already turned there.  Also, when I was quitting smoking I was obsessed with Food Factory, maybe because watching rafts of food being made on assembly lines distracted me from gorging myself as an oral-fixation substitute.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Bwaaahaaahaa!!! With an asterisk at the bottom saying "Homemade bread, salad and fresh fruit are optional."

• Love 12

Derrick posted a picture on IG of a day at the pool and Jill is wearing a bathing suit or at least the top is a regular bathing suit. 

Their true missed opportunity was not really documenting their lives including the maturing of their habits and customs. I think maybe TLC dipped their toes in the water with Jessa and Ben and the rap artist and the basketball camp but the couple came off so hesitant that they ditched the idea.  Social media “stars” evolve all the time and their journey often is the most interesting part of their story. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Mojitogirl said:

Derrick posted a picture on IG of a day at the pool and Jill is wearing a bathing suit or at least the top is a regular bathing suit. 

Their true missed opportunity was not really documenting their lives including the maturing of their habits and customs. I think maybe TLC dipped their toes in the water with Jessa and Ben and the rap artist and the basketball camp but the couple came off so hesitant that they ditched the idea.  Social media “stars” evolve all the time and their journey often is the most interesting part of their story. 

Here’s the picture, followed by food !

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mojitogirl said:

I definitely agree with this (Jenna Marbles comes to mind), but this is the Dullards we're talking about so yeah... hard pass.

It would have been so simple to add sliced fresh strawberries, watermelon, or cantaloupe, to give the plate some color. Also, use a placemat, and it would have looked ten times better. These two don’t even try.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

If you put a pretty picture with that she'll probably steal it for the blog.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

This is perfect! 

The truth is that DragonFaerie put more time and effort into making this up that Jill has put in to any of the recipes that she's posted on her blog.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, MichaelaRae said:

#nofilter? #nokidding. Those eggs look appalling.

Is that what they are? I honestly looked at that picture trying to figure out the "side dish", and eggs didn't even come to mind. Guess the steak for breakfast threw me  (I do know that steak and eggs is not uncommon, but I guess I never picture it with an actual T--bone). 

And, yeah, almost every time they post a photo of food, be it this or one of their "romantic dinners", steak seems to be involved. I'm not sure that needs to e a staple in a household which seems tosurvive off donations.

• Love 15

That table needs a tablecloth really, really badly. It looks like something that was taken from someone's curb on garbage day. And those eggs are gross, how did they even get them to look like that? The whole presentation is just so totally unappetizing. So they immediately post it, of course. 

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Those are the driest scrambled eggs I've ever seen. Smh. And who had a TBone steak for breakfast?? 

Somebody who's following a low-carb, high-fat, protein-focused diet, for one. That might explain Derelict's thinness. 

Seriously, "breakfast" food is a social construct. There is no law that says steak is only for dinner. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

Somebody who's following a low-carb, high-fat, protein-focused diet, for one. That might explain Derelict's thinness. 

Seriously, "breakfast" food is a social construct. There is no law that says steak is only for dinner. 

Or leftover pizza, pasta salad, popcorn, leftover lasagna.........guilty of all but not at the same time ?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

There is no law that says steak is only for dinner. 

Absolutely true. Cooked breakfasts with meat and eggs are a very Anglo/American thing to eat whereas most of Europe prefers something lighter in the morning. In some Asian countries rice is a breakfast staple. My working class grandparents used to eat a light coffee and plain bread first breakfast and then had a cooked second breakfast a few hours later (no they were not hobbits). It's all cultural. That said, I have to admit that the idea of putting that particular meat and those particular eggs in my mouth first thing in the morning makes me feel a bit ill. That meal looks very dry and not even a little bit tasty.

Jill keeps bragging about all the big salads and fresh fruit the Duggars supposedly ate when she was a child but I see no signs of that habit in the food she's posting. It's a wonder they all don't have scurvy.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Video 

So Derick and Jill are allowing two kids in diapers to contaminate someone's swimming pool with E.coli bacteria.  The youngest baby, Samuel, is sitting in water inside his little floaty that will probably be dumped back into the pool and Izzy is going around the entire pool with his soggy diaper.  The Dillards are filthy and are so uncaring about other people.    

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Mollie said:

So Derick and Jill are allowing two kids in diapers to contaminate someone's swimming pool with E.coli bacteria.  The youngest baby, Samuel, is sitting in water inside his little floaty that will probably be dumped back into the pool and Izzy is going around the entire pool with his soggy diaper.  The Dillards are filthy and are so uncaring about other people.    

Are you saying that children in diapers shouldn't be allowed to swim in pools? 

• Love 6
(edited)

Our daughter has been in pools (lakes, ocean) since we met her at sixteen months. She always wore swimming diapers. We have also had passes for water parks since before she was potty trained. As long as the kid is wearing swim diapers they are OK. Our first water park was within walking distance from our home. She’d be in the water at least five days a week. We spent a mint on swimming diapers. Did I miss something on the video? Did their diapers look soggy. But these are the Dullards so...

Edited by SMama
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, Farmfam said:

Are you saying that children in diapers shouldn't be allowed to swim in pools? 

"The cruise lines — all of them — spell it out on their websites that you must not allow kids in diapers, or kids young enough to need them, in any pools or hot tubs, not even in the kid-friendly or family-friendly pools, and not even in so-called swim diapers. This is a CDC, US Public Health Service type policy."

15 minutes ago, SMama said:

As long as the kid is wearing swim diapers they are OK. Our first water park was within walking distance from our home. She’d be in the water at least five days a week. We spent a mint on swimming diapers. 

"Because regular disposable diapers retain fluid better than swim diapers, they're less likely to leak if your child has diarrhea. However, if your child has diarrhea, he shouldn't go in a pool wearing either a regular or a swim diaper. Neither regular diapers nor swim diapers do a good job when it comes to retaining microorganisms in stool that can cause illness. A study published in December 2011 in the "Journal of Water and Health" found that swim diapers didn't retain particles similar in size to cryptosporidium, a chlorine-resistant protozoan parasite and frequent cause of waterborne disease outbreaks. The swim diapers tested released between 50 to 97 percent of the particles within 1 to 5 minutes."

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Mollie said:

"The cruise lines — all of them — spell it out on their websites that you must not allow kids in diapers, or kids young enough to need them, in any pools or hot tubs, not even in the kid-friendly or family-friendly pools, and not even in so-called swim diapers. This is a CDC, US Public Health Service type policy."

"Because regular disposable diapers retain fluid better than swim diapers, they're less likely to leak if your child has diarrhea. However, if your child has diarrhea, he shouldn't go in a pool wearing either a regular or a swim diaper. Neither regular diapers nor swim diapers do a good job when it comes to retaining microorganisms in stool that can cause illness. A study published in December 2011 in the "Journal of Water and Health" found that swim diapers didn't retain particles similar in size to cryptosporidium, a chlorine-resistant protozoan parasite and frequent cause of waterborne disease outbreaks. The swim diapers tested released between 50 to 97 percent of the particles within 1 to 5 minutes."

I'm glad my public pools around here allow children in diapers or I would have a very unhappy child. Swimming lessons for most children begin around a childs first birthday or before, if it was such a hazard pools wouldn't encourage it. We can agree to disagree here. 

• Love 15

Same here, plus I’d never allow my child with diarrhea, even if potty trained, in a pool. Do Izzy or Sam have diarrhea? I’m also glad my part fish child was permitted to enjoy the simple pleasure of learning to swim before being potty trained. 

• Love 13

Huh? My kids have been floating/swimming in pools/lakes/oceans practically from birth and we used regular diapers because swim diapers weren't invented yet. We also put bathing suits over them though. With that said, I would never bring a kid with diarrhea swimming.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

In the fancy T-bone steak(F U JimBlob, the Dillys eat steak for breakfast ) and pitiful egg picture why does the napkin have perforated edges?

Is it toilet paper?

I'm guessing it's a paper towel folded in 1/4's.  Who knows with the Dillweeds, though?

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That's suppose to be eggs??? Gaack!  I think they cooked them for as long as the steak, which also looks over done.  Is this Derilick's breakfast only?  Is there one for Jill as well?

Now for a short rant.  In the pool video Derilick asks Izzy if he had thanked his Mimi- or whatever they are calling Derilick's mom for getting the life jacket for him.  A quick Walmart check shows that those life jackets for kids run $21-23.  The bone in t-bone steak runs $11.47 a pound and the cheapest one I could add to my cart was just over $22 - because, you know, bone weight.  REALLY?  Your mother buys the kids life jackets while you throw the grifting money on a steak for yourself.  Derelick is all about himself.  

• Love 7

Derick is a champion grifter with no pride...manipulating his mom to buy his kid a swim vest, aren't you lucky, Mimi?

There is some justice... his janky teeth/jaws means he has to gum his steak or cut it into baby bites... and no, he doesn't share his steak with his undeserving wife and kids.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh? My kids have been floating/swimming in pools/lakes/oceans practically from birth and we used regular diapers because swim diapers weren't invented yet. We also put bathing suits over them though. With that said, I would never bring a kid with diarrhea swimming.

That about covers it! When my youngest was about Izzy's age (probably a  few months younger at the start) we were stationed in Guam. My two older kids (about 5 & 7) were getting to the point that they were going to be allowed full access to the pool on base, not just the kiddie section. So, I guess, having been though the protective Mom part of mixing kids and water I'd gotten a bit more relaxed. Anyway, youngest Jynlet started fussing about not wanting to wear water wings, so I told him, "Fine, you can try it", figuring he'd get startled, I'd fish him out, and he'd comply. He jumped in, surfaced a moment later and grabbed the side of the pool, saying, "Mommy! The water carries me!" 

Well, that was about it. He swam like a little fish with a wiggly dolphin stroke (does anyone remember "The Man from Atlantis"?) from there on in, and it was just a matter of trying to keep him from running out of air, but he could swim for about 12 feet underwater as we found when he unexpectedly jumped into a friend's pool and we watched him, ready to jump in at any moment to save him, but he got to the opposite end happy as a clam.

He's 27 now and in the Marines. He was just telling me yesterday that they had to do some qualifications, part of which was jumping off a high dive and swimming 15 yards underwater. He was surprised how many people had trouble with it. He did it with his lifelong dolphin stroke  and went around 30 yards. They were a bit puzzled at his technique, but said, "hey, whatever works!"

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 15
19 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

My local grocery store has T-bone steaks on sale for $5.99 a pound this week, which is $4.00 off a pound. I don't eat steak, but Derick's certainly doesn't look like a $12 steak. 

Yeah, that steak looks like a cheap t-bone probably from somewhere like Save-a-Lot or another discount grocery store.  It also looks like Jill cooked it until it was dead. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Oh Derick, you need to put a filter on that breakfast to make it somewhat appealing.  And I am defrauded by the shape of the steak-it looks like a woman's reproductive system.  For shame.

That video of Jill in the pool bothers me.  Izzy wants to go along the next side of the pool.   She says it's deeper, and he won't be able to touch the bottom, and then tells him to go ahead!  He is 3 for crying out loud.  Yes, he's tall for his age, but he's still 3!!  I'm not a parent, but I would *never* have more than one child in the pool at the same time with me***.  Two kids (at this age) require two parents/adults, who are both strong & seasoned swimmers.  She's so focused on Sammy that if something were to happen to Izzy, she would not be able to get to him in time.  Derick being on another side and filming wouldn't be able to get him quickly either.  I just can't with these two anymore.

***Thankfully, I will never be in this situation.  In addition to not creating any helpmeets or headships children, I don't know how to swim.  I never bothered learning as a child, and I'm not a huge fan anyway.  I have created my own person paddle over the years that sort of works, but I don't go under, intentionally, anyway.  The only small thing I have in my favor is I'm tallish, so I'm comfortable in 5 feet, but that's my limit.  

Edited by sixlets
  • Love 5
(edited)

Derick and Cathy confuse me so much. Why is she supporting his lifestyle? She bought the fire pit, and now lifejackets? What else does she buy? Is she their primary supporter? If so, why buy them anything above the necessities?

it makes no sense, because as strongly fundie as Cathy is, why would she be okay with her son not working? I can totally, totally see her okay with wives staying at home as a matter of principle. Maybe Cathy's husband wasn't as religious, or maybe they really needed two incomes to get by, or perhaps she enjoys working but supports women being SAHM's a thousand percent. Perhaps she was more liberal as a young woman, and now wishes she had stayed home. Maybe she had a lot of student loans to pay off. I've always gotten the feeling that she loves working and is good at it, even though she seems to believe every other aspect of the fundie doctrine.

I could see her, with her belief system, subsidizing a daughter's family when she wanted to stay home, but her husband didn't make enough. I just don't understand her subsidizing her lazy son. How is that fundie or Biblical at all? This family makes no sense to me. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 13

Israel's swim vest is made to keep him face up in the event that he let go of the edge. I would not allow my non-swimming child free reign to scoot around the pool, but both parents were there and paying attention. If anything happened, I have no doubt that Derick would have been close enough to save him. 

• Love 14