Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

This theory is kinda (well way) out there, but she could've been inspired to get the piercing by Derrick's time in Nepal. In Ayurvedic medicine, a left nostril piercing is meant to help ease reproductive related problems.

Nah, Jill would be like, "Hey is Ayurvedic near Little Rock?  And do they have a Starbucks??"

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I love your opinion and I love your wording.  Great perspective. 

Thank you! But I actually thought of a wording amendment that I'd like to make to that statement:

I think the bodies of women who have given birth LOOK spectacularly amazing and powerful. 

I want to be very clear about that! I don't see flaws at all. Lots of people feel like I do. Moms, put on the bikini and strut down to the water like the utterly beautiful badasses you are.

• Love 19
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Only in Michelle's pathetic mind did this really happen. I do not think the same thing would happen if one of the Duggar daughters over the age of eighteen wore a bikini. In fact, I have seen pregnant women wear a bikini. It boggles the mind how JB and Michelle relive this one time to make it look like Michelle is some heathen hussy, and JB had to save her from herself.

Boob is a total asshole, to shame Ma and heap all this guilt on her forever. 

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Boob is a total asshole, to shame Ma and heap all this guilt on her forever. 

Boob is being a boob, but Michelle actually believes she caused the guy to leave his wife because he got a look at her in a skimpy outfit mowing the lawn. She enjoys telling the story because it is hey look at me I was something else in high school.

7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Boob is being a boob, but Michelle actually believes she caused the guy to leave his wife because he got a look at her in a skimpy outfit mowing the lawn. She enjoys telling the story because it is hey look at me I was something else in high school.

That and to show people how hot she thought she was.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

That and to show people how hot she thought she was.

Well she did end up with that studly Jim Bob Duggar.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Only in Michelle's pathetic mind did this really happen. I do not think the same thing would happen if one of the Duggar daughters over the age of eighteen wore a bikini. In fact, I have seen pregnant women wear a bikini. It boggles the mind how JB and Michelle relive this one time to make it look like Michelle is some heathen hussy, and JB had to save her from herself.

What I don't get with the Michelle's bikini story is (according to Michelle) the guy divorced his wife at just the sight of her in the bikini? No physical contact what so ever? Most people leave their spouses when they are having an actual affair, not just lusting for someone from afar.  She's either delusional or not telling us all of the facts.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, ariel said:

What I don't get with the Michelle's bikini story is (according to Michelle) the guy divorced his wife at just the sight of her in the bikini? No physical contact what so ever? Most people leave their spouses when they are having an actual affair, not just lusting for someone from afar.  She's either delusional or not telling us all of the facts.

No one's ever been sure he did see her.  Or really notice her. She was across his street mowing the lawn in her bikini, and he got divorced but it seems unlikely those two things are connected. He doesn't seem to have acknowledged her at all. Or that's always been left out of the story.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, HooHooHoo said:

All I want for Christmas is a beach full of Ajjas to help me feel comfortable in my battle scarred body that gave birth 3 times in 36 months and then had to fight breast cancer right after. It iis a far from perfect body, and I am full of insecurities, but I am grateful to still be here. 

So glad you are here too!  That is a quite a battle.

I agree, Aja has a great perspective. Seriously. @Aja  I actually repeated her post to my husband who totally agreed. 

• Love 5

Yeah, I'm sure a 'still virgin' at only 16 years old....came with 'a lot of baggage'. Jim Bob had some nerve saying that. I remember he indeed did say that about Michelle. I highly doubt that she did much more than behave like a typical high school girl, having casual dates with some guys in school, etc., had a job in HIS MOTHER'S yogurt shop after school, cheerleading, jet skiing, roller skating a the local roller rink. ALL THINGS they deny their own children to do in normal social situations.

• Love 15

I think the bikini story is completely delusional thinking on the part of both Jim Bob and Michelle.  Both of them have major mental health problems and here is Exhibit A that goes way back to the beginning. 

• Love 17
10 hours ago, ariel said:

Well, for people who believe that "lust in the heart" is "just as bad as doing it," this may seem not to be the case, I guess. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, HooHooHoo said:

All I want for Christmas is a beach full of Ajjas to help me feel comfortable in my battle scarred body that gave birth 3 times in 36 months and then had to fight breast cancer right after. It iis a far from perfect body, and I am full of insecurities, but I am grateful to still be here. 

I'm grateful you are here, too, you badass beautiful warrior!!

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Does anyone know if Michelle was using a riding mower to cut the grass or a push mower?  Because if she was just riding around on a  mower in a bikini, who cares? But if she was actually pushing a mower around dressed so provocatively, well .... that's a whole different thing and she probably was 100% responsible for her neighbors getting divorced.

Of course I'm just kidding. But (to the extent there is any truth to the story at all) I would guess this divorce probably had less to do with Michelle being so tantalizing the mere sight of her in swimwear drove a man to leave his wife and actually had more to do with the wife catching her husband peeping at Michelle and she divorced his ass because she didn't want be married to a pervert who got off by spying on a sweaty teenager girl while she did yardwork.

Was the neighbors last name Moore?  HA!  Joking.  I know Arkansas and Alabama are different places.  I think Meechelle was suffering from a bit too much pride and needed to spend some time in a prayer closet to think about her sins.  Her penance was marrying Jim Boob.

34 minutes ago, Aja said:

I'm grateful you are here, too, you badass beautiful warrior!!

You seem like my kind of people!  

• Love 15
15 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Wow!  Ma had the power to defraud a married man?  And all she ended up with is Boob?  LOL

ETA:  Since this is Jill's thread, I'll add that maybe her mother's "sinful, defrauding ways" caused her to dress as frumpily as possible.  Dillweed is just a slob, period.

Edited by xwordfanatik
To add a Dullard family comment.
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Was the neighbors last name Moore?  HA!  Joking.  I know Arkansas and Alabama are different places.  I think Meechelle was suffering from a bit too much pride and needed to spend some time in a prayer closet to think about her sins.  Her penance was marrying Jim Boob.

You seem like my kind of people!  

That's just too funny!!!!

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

And now she has Boobage, so there you go.

To be fair, Michelle had Boobage back then too.  Men were willing to break up families for a glimpse of her.

Just kidding, I know what you mean!

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Laughing at the Yertle the Turtle metaphor.  

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll be here all night. Don't forget to tip your waiter!

As for Michelle's "story" about mowing the lawn, such BS. Reminds me of people who brag they did something when really they did nothing. "Oh I caused a divorce, oh poor poor me." Yeah. A legend in your own mind Michelle Duggar...

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, Lunera said:

That's an awful lot of presents. That money could have been saved and gone towards his stupid mission, but no he wants your money.

The boxes could be empty, or have something cheap in them (cheap gifts for cheap people). I hate that I just defended Derelict and Clinger. 

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Lunera said:

That's an awful lot of presents. That money could have been saved and gone towards his stupid mission, but no he wants your money.

I hope they send thank you notes to the donors that sent them money.  

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Heathen said:

The boxes could be empty, or have something cheap in them (cheap gifts for cheap people). I hate that I just defended Derelict and Clinger. 

I'm going to defend them as well. I don't think that there are too many presents since they are a family of 4. I hope some of the boxes contain toys for Izzy and Sam.

• Love 6

Derick posted

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! ? Post-Thanksgiving, first day of December, presents wrapped and under the tree! Officially in the Christmas season! ?

He forgot to say, thank you for donating to my gofundme.

I think if I had a gofundme, I would be careful about posting such things. (My gofundme would be real, btw)

• Love 6

I wonder how long it will take this year for Dicklard to announce Santa isn't real.  Those poor kids will never know what hopes and dreams are.

The whole 'Scarlet-harlot-Mechelle' is just a joke.  What isn't, however, is the real hold JB has on her (and now the kids).  It absolutely frightens me to think that a person could have that much control on another.  There's a psychologist out there who can't wait for someone to stray just enough.  That's going to be a six figure payout.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, sixlets said:

I wonder how long it will take this year for Dicklard to announce Santa isn't real.  Those poor kids will never know what hopes and dreams are.

The whole 'Scarlet-harlot-Mechelle' is just a joke.  What isn't, however, is the real hold JB has on her (and now the kids).  It absolutely frightens me to think that a person could have that much control on another.  There's a psychologist out there who can't wait for someone to stray just enough.  That's going to be a six figure payout.

Dr Phil is waiting by the door!  First one out and he'll swoop on em like an eagle on prey!

• Love 6

I thought Christmas trees weren't allowed in Jill's house growing up. How does she justify it being 'ok' now? I agree about the presents with little kids going under the tree on Christmas Eve AFTER they went to bed. That's what we did every year for over a decade.  That is a lot of gifts in that photo.

They have lovely religious Christmas wrapping paper you know, Jill....I have some myself.

I'm surprised she didn't opt for that.

• Love 3

Derick, Jill - to each other

Izzy, Samuel- from their parents

Dan and his wife,

Cathy and her husband 

Jill to her buddy team

Jill to her parents

Jill to other siblings? 

Thats not a lot of presents at all. 

She justifies a Christmas tree because her parents don’t make  the rules. Cross Church probably has several trees in their building.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Derick, Jill - to each other

Izzy, Samuel- from their parents

Dan and his wife,

Cathy and her husband 

Jill to her buddy team

Jill to her parents

Jill to other siblings? 

Thats not a lot of presents at all. 

It's a lot of presents purchased early in the season, all using the same wrapping paper.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 3

Aren't those professionally gift-wrapped packages?  Same paper, so same place.... I mean, that wrapping is very neat, the pattern of the paper is straight (and that can be as difficult with gift-wrap as it is with wallpaper), and almost everything is in a rectangular box....  And yeah, I learned how to giftwrap from older relatives who used to do that as their holiday job, but all packages wrapped identically - even though I remember most of the tricks (hospital corners, no raw cut edges visible, good tape), I would never wrap every package in the same paper AND there would be ribbon and bows.

ETA: oh yeah, all those boxes in a living area shared with a toddler and an (soon to be crawling) infant - won't make it past Saturday.

Edited by kassygreene
more practical thoughts
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, kassygreene said:

Aren't those professionally gift-wrapped packages?  Same paper, so same place.... I mean, that wrapping is very neat, the pattern of the paper is straight (and that can be as difficult with gift-wrap as it is with wallpaper), and almost everything is in a rectangular box...

I don't think sloppy, floppy Jill or Derick wrapped those presents.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 8