Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, ariel said:

I think they should change the US National Anthem to "America The Beautiful" .  A lovely song that is much easier to sing.

I agree! I have thought this for a long time! Such beautiful imagery, versus bombs and war, too. 

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Honestly, I don't think Derick gives a shit was TLC thinks. I think that he expects that "the Lord will provide" and doesn't really concern himself about where the money comes from. 

He obviously isn't concerned about providing for is family in any recognizable way. He quit his job, he moved to DA without a lot of concern about filming schedules, he posted those inflammatory and unnecessary tweets about Jazz that could cost him his TLC income. I don't know what he's thinking, but a guy who worries about supporting his family would be more careful.

I think Derelict flies by the seat of his baggy jeans. TLC is guaranteed income, as far as he's concerned. This double fuck up may take them out of future filming. It was too late to take them out of what TLC had at that point, rather than cutting back the number of episodes, and I don't think they can do that once a contract is signed. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

Honestly, I don't think Derick gives a shit was TLC thinks. I think that he expects that "the Lord will provide" and doesn't really concern himself about where the money comes from. 

He obviously isn't concerned about providing for is family in any recognizable way. He quit his job, he moved to DA without a lot of concern about filming schedules, he posted those inflammatory and unnecessary tweets about Jazz that could cost him his TLC income. I don't know what he's thinking, but a guy who worries about supporting his family would be more careful.

I really kind of think Derrick has cracked and cares about very little at this point.

Ina family full of oddballs, Derrick stands out.  That's saying something.  I just don't know what.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Right??? I actually find some renditions verging on disrespectful! This is an anthem, not your "Voice" audition.  And I am very easy going for the most part. 

I was at an NBA game tonight. My son and I don't understand the hooting from the crowd that goes on when someone gets to the "tricky" part at the end. Is that a thing? 

I don't mind the variation as long as they don't go all Mariah Carey on it. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, PuhLeeze said:

I was at an NBA game tonight. My son and I don't understand the hooting from the crowd that goes on when someone gets to the "tricky" part at the end. Is that a thing? 

I don't get it either...I mean, it's not the easiest song in the world to sing, but it's not as though it's got a range that the average, reasonably decent singer can't handle. The trickiest thing is really making sure it's in a key that you can handle, but a soloist doesn't need to worry about that. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, PuhLeeze said:

It's not to cheer on the singer, it's to get riled up for the game.  Very common.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, luvbadtv said:

It's not to cheer on the singer, it's to get riled up for the game.  Very common.

Haha...I hadn't even thought about that! Makes sense. I'm just so not into sports that I very rarely find myself corralled into going to a live game (it's probably been 20 years). As for the Superbowl or other televised games, the only interesting part is seeing whether the soloist can actually do a good job with the anthem. Once that's over, I go find something else to do.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It was too late to take them out of what TLC had at that point, rather than cutting back the number of episodes, and I don't think they can do that once a contract is signed. 

Remember the TV shows that get suddenly cancelled?  Or episodes or script orders that are cancelled on the major networks?  That's how TV contracts are written.  That is so the networks can stop production at their discretion.  

• Love 8
18 hours ago, ariel said:

I think they should change the US National Anthem to "America The Beautiful" .  A lovely song that is much easier to sing.

I think the Brits would have something to say as it is the tune to "God Save the King/Queen"(depending on whichever is in power). It would definitely confuse things at places like the Olympics where the Nations anthem is played for the winner.

2 minutes ago, Catlyn said:

I think the Brits would have something to say as it is the tune to "God Save the King/Queen"(depending on whichever is in power). It would definitely confuse things at places like the Olympics where the Nations anthem is played for the winner.

No, that's My Country 'Tis of Thee. 

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Absolom said:

Remember the TV shows that get suddenly cancelled?  Or episodes or script orders that are cancelled on the major networks?  That's how TV contracts are written.  That is so the networks can stop production at their discretion.  

I'm wondering if there is a clause in the Duggar's TV contract about trashing other shows on TLC?  If so, Derick can be in some deep doo-doo.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, ariel said:

I'm wondering if there is a clause in the Duggar's TV contract about trashing other shows on TLC?  If so, Derick can be in some deep doo-doo.

It probably isn't as specific as that, but there is very likely a clause that says he can be fired or suspended for any conduct detrimental the to the network's best interests and surely his idiotic tweets would qualify.  For that matter, there is undoubtedly a clause stating that his appearances on the show are completely under control of production and the network and he or the entire show can be dropped at any time for any reason and they have no obligation to pay him for episodes where he doesn't appear or shows that never air.  Plenty of actual talented actors have been dropped from TV shows or movies because they were being a pain in the a**.

Examples: Thomas Gibson was fired from Criminal Minds after physically attacking one of the writers on set.

Charlie Sheen was dropped from Two and a Half Men for being a drunken idiot

When McLean Stevenson left Mash to try to get his own show, TPTB deliberately killed off his very popular character so he could never try to return because they were pissed at his attitude.

Isaiah Washington was fired from Gray's Anatomy after using derogatory terms to describe a gay coworker.

As for reality shows, multiple Real Housewives have been dropped for being difficult to work with.

The father on Duck Dynasty was eliminated from the show after word of his gay bashing, right wing "Christian" rantings became public.

Honey Boo Boo was canceled after her mother moved in with a child molester.

Jon Gosselin was dropped from Jon and Kate Plus 8 after the divorce due to his offscreen antics.  He later claimed he never wanted the show in the first place; but he didn't seem to mind the money when it was coming his way.

Edited by doodlebug
correct name of actor
  • Love 12

Jill and Dickhead might not be invited back, and don't have any “right” to be invited back, but they would (and should) have been paid for any labour they’ve already performed, just as the people who had to film and conjure something remotely viewable out of Jillard’s labours deserve to be paid, and I assume would have been already paid. TLC doesn’t have to air anything, but what’s bought and paid for is bought and paid for. 

• Love 3

I came here to see if any of these jerks had addressed the shooting in Las Vegas.  Because, you know, it's Vegas, aka Sodom & Gomorrah.  I am pleasantly surprised to see they re-tweeted Obama. It's not much, but I will take it.

In the aftermath of this tragedy I have never been more proud to call this city my home.  #VegasStrong

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I came here to see if any of these jerks had addressed the shooting in Las Vegas.  Because, you know, it's Vegas, aka Sodom & Gomorrah.  I am pleasantly surprised to see they re-tweeted Obama. It's not much, but I will take it.

In the aftermath of this tragedy I have never been more proud to call this city my home.  #VegasStrong

It's my home too.  I'm really proud of our city as well. #VegasStrong indeed.

• Love 12

When Honey Boo Boo was cancelled Mama June was angry because a season was filmed and had not aired. According to her payment was dependent upon airing the episodes. I could be wrong. The Dullards should thread lightly if true.

I also want to point out there are 19 kids and any Duggar couple is pretty much interchangable with another. So if the show wants to focus on Ben and Jessa, Jinjer, Joy and Austin, and Joe and Kendra, they can. And that's just with the couples they have now.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I did make a mental note that Kendra had her own talking head segments. I find Kendra very likeable and authentic. Could be that the producers are laying the groundwork to have Joe and Kendra edge out the Dullards.

I kind of wonder if Derick doesn't want to get fired from TLC. I don't think he particularly likes being on the show. He wants to be a "missoinary" and Jill wants to be on the show. He gave up his Masters degree studies to go to DA and be an SOS employee. and now that's done and he doesn't really have a path back to legitimate missionary work. Jill won, and they're back in Arkansas and under JB's "umbrella." I could see Derick passively aggressively sabotaging their place on the show.

• Love 13
21 hours ago, PuhLeeze said:

Maybe they're trying to drown it out?

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:26 PM, ariel said:

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:35 PM, Tabbygirl521 said:

I agree! I have thought this for a long time! Such beautiful imagery, versus bombs and war, too. 

I love the anthem. When I was in school we studied the War of 1812 and the attack on Fort McHenry, my history teacher was really good at making it exciting. Telling us how Key didn't care about the war he was on one of the British boats securing the release of American prisoners including Key's friend Dr. William Beanes. Because of the attack they weren't allowed to leave the ship he was watching the bombardment and checking to see if the American Flag was still flying. If the flag was gone, it really would mean the fort surrendered and American was over. Washington DC had already been burned to the ground at that point and we lost badly in nearly every battle in the war. Fort McHenry was really it. If it surrendered the war was over, the British won, and our country was history. Nearly two thousand cannonballs hurled at the fort for over twenty-four hours, the harbor full of British ships, and five British thousand soldiers were marching towards Baltimore. The only way for to know the bombardment failed was seeing the flag. Obviously, if it was the British flag, we lost, its all over and time to start learning or relearning God Save the King. But it wasn't! It was our flag was still there. We were still a country and still had a chance to keep our country. We came so close to losing our country. Fort McHenry was a miracle and inspired Francis Scott Key. Ever since that class and that teacher I've really loved the anthem. It was fun to learn what the words actually meant.  When I hear the anthem it always makes me think of Fort McHenry, the bombardment, all of those cannonballs raining down on the fort, how close we were and it didn't work and how excited Key was to see the flag was still there.  How exciting that would have been to see that. We also studied the French anthem too.  

• Love 16
17 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

No, that's definitely not it. At least not for the Portland Trail Blazers at Moda Center. It's for the singer of the anthem. We get riled up for the intro video that comes after and then the player introductions. We were season ticket holders for a few years--so I heard it for 40+ games a season. We're from the east coast where people have some decorum (lol). I never heard it at AAA or pro baseball games back east. 

Yea about that National Anthem

"And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave."

Many historians consider the 3rd verse rather celebratory of the death of slaves who were fighting for their freedom by fighting for the British. Not something people have been taught evidently.

Derrick and what's her name don't have much of any education about much anyway so Derrick is mostly knee-jerk reaction without much reflection about the meaning. I wonder if he's changed his opinion of his pin-headed in-laws about gun control? 

Edited by Chicklet
Gah grammar but it won't let me edit, I swear lol
  • Love 9

Cathy defended Derick on Twitter, stating he was "down there" helping and not taking pictures. Derelict is a Duggar through and through, so not buying her claim. Also where is "down there"? FL? TX? PR?

• Love 6
11 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I kind of wonder if Derick doesn't want to get fired from TLC. I don't think he particularly likes being on the show. He wants to be a "missoinary" and Jill wants to be on the show. He gave up his Masters degree studies to go to DA and be an SOS employee. and now that's done and he doesn't really have a path back to legitimate missionary work. Jill won, and they're back in Arkansas and under JB's "umbrella." I could see Derick passively aggressively sabotaging their place on the show.

If ever he got fired, he can take it as suffering/persecution for his faith. Put it on a resume as a feather in his fundy cap, so to speak. "I never wavered in my faith, even though it cost me a job!"

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, SMama said:

Cathy defended Derick on Twitter, stating he was "down there" helping and not taking pictures. Derelict is a Duggar through and through, so not buying her claim. Also where is "down there"? FL? TX? PR?

Of course Cathy would defended his useless son. She blocks people who tell him to get a job. She blocked me for calling him a useless gringo who couldn't even learn Spanish in the 2 years he was "down there". Derick did like a leghumper's comments that said he was helping people in Nepal and Ecuador. What a liar, he was never Ecuador. And even without WiFi they managed to post plenty of pictures on SM.

20171005_090451.png

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 6

In her heart of hearts, Cathy Dillard must be concerned. She did not send her son to college for him to be, we'll say underemployed, with young children to support. Even if she agrees with this tweeting, the responses aimed at her son must worry her, and on top of it he keeps tweeting.

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

In her heart of hearts, Cathy Dillard must be concerned. She did not send her son to college for him to be, we'll say underemployed, with young children to support. Even if she agrees with this tweeting, the responses aimed at her son must worry her, and on top of it he keeps tweeting.

If Cathy is worried about her son, instead of going after the negative tweeters, Cathy should have a chat with her son about his tweets  &  why they are causing so much negativity towards him. 

Sadly I think Cathy has drank the Kool-Aid & thinks Derick is being singled out & persecuted for Christian beliefs.  What she doesn't get is that his beliefs do not reflect the beliefs of many Christians.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, SMama said:

He'll post himself interpretive dancing and trying to hit cats with sleds and brag about petting brown orphans and teaching them how to make embroidery-thread friendship bracelets (what a way to make a living!) and spread misinformation and hate about people he does not know and who do not affect his life at all, but he won't post pictures of himself actually doing something worthwhile by helping those affected by the hurricanes? Sure, Cathy. 

• Love 21

I cannot believe I am defending Derick when it comes to learning and speaking Spanish, but here it goes. I took Beginning Spanish at the local community college, and it was hard for me. Mid term I had a C in the class, and at the end of the semester I got a B in the class which brought my grade point average from a 4.00 to 3.5 This was around the time my thyroid levels went into hyperthyroid land, so my brain power was sinking fast. I think the instructor felt bad for me. Ha! I only missed one day of class, but I struggle to keep up with the assignments and did not do well on the tests. I did okay on the last test and final assignment to bring my grade up to a B (the only class I got a B in before leaving school due to health reasons.) Of course, he is around cling as the day is long Jill and does seem to be a few short of a six pack, but learning Spanish can be hard for some people.

But unlike you (correct me if wrong) Derelict and Clingy Jilly had full immersion coupled with private lessons. My husband and I took Mandarin lessons prior to our trip to China to meet our daughter. Although we were there only 17 days, we managed to pick up more words/phrases than the Dullards collectively.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Aja said:

He'll post himself interpretive dancing and trying to hit cats with sleds and brag about petting brown orphans and teaching them how to make embroidery-thread friendship bracelets (what a way to make a living!) and spread misinformation and hate about people he does not know and who do not affect his life at all, but he won't post pictures of himself actually doing something worthwhile by helping those affected by the hurricanes? Sure, Cathy. 

Your post is awsome, Aja.  That is all.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SMama said:

But unlike you (correct me if wrong) Derelict and Clingy Jilly had full immersion coupled with private lessons. My husband and I took Mandarin lessons prior to our trip to China to meet our daughter. Although we were there only 17 days, we managed to pick up more words/phrases than the Dullards collectively.

Yep, full immersion is NOT the same thing as taking a class. Due to Daddy's military career, I moved to Italy when I was 15. I ended up marrying an Italian dude for 20 years, so I stayed there. I went to a Department of Defense high school where we were required to take Italian language classes. After my sophomore, junior and senior years taking the language classes--AND living in Italy, albeit going to an English-speaking school with other American kids--I could, like, ask where the bus stop was. And MAYBE I'd understand if someone answered me. But when I turned 18 and moved in with my Italian boyfriend and there was no longer the American buffer between me and Italy, I was fluent within six months. USUALLY that's what happens with full immersion, unless you're an extra special kind of xenophobe snowflake.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I cannot believe I am defending Derick when it comes to learning and speaking Spanish, but here it goes. 

Please don't sell yourself short.  You went to College & had many other courses to learn.  Learning Spanish was about one of the few things Derick had to learn for his paid job.  That & dancing which he both s*cked at.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ariel said:

Please don't sell yourself short.  You went to College & had many other courses to learn.  Learning Spanish was about one of the few things Derick had to learn for his paid job.  That & dancing which he both s*cked at.

I admit I was not sad when the semester was over and no more Spanish to learn. I only remember a few words in Spanish. *embarrassing* The next semester I took College Writing I and Intro to Psychology. Talk about tough, but I manage to get A's in both classes, and my Psychology instructor said I had a good gasp of psychology. At the time, I was seriously thinking becoming an Addictions Counselor and working with law enforcement and other emergency personnel. Maybe if my sister would have came and help take care of my two cats, I could have focus more on my Spanish, My husband would sneak out of the house to go to work at night (yes Derick actual work,) and leave me behind. Darn him! I should have made him stay at home and cater to me and my family. I wanted to cling to him while he worked his graveyard shift, but he would have gotten fired if I came with him. Luckily he does not have a twitter page to post weird things that pissed off the heathens of the world.

Edited by bigskygirl
10 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I wonder if in her hearts of hearts she’s thanking heaven that Derick is such a gawdly Gothard kinda MAN — even as I doubt she submits all childlike to her husband. One never knows how far the kool aid has seeped in. Oh, especially given her recovery from cancer. She might be quite the proud fundie mamma by now.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Wonder what triggered him to post this.

Screenshot_20171006-090456.thumb.jpg.5e2f26c892922aa21b5b4947d62eb5c9.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/derick4Him/status/916303482885410816?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Did Joshley get caught with his hand in the cookie jar again?! 

It does leave one to wonder what motivates his selections.  If he had a lick of sense, which he doesn't, he really should avoid any Bible verses that would refer to work or be construed as throwing shade at Josh if he wants to avoid the hate. 

Plenty of good Bible verses to use that wouldn't offend anyone (and might even lead to more positive responses) or lead to further speculation or shade thrown at your family, Derp.  I guess tweeting a few characters is exhausting enough for you, so selecting a thoughtful verse is too much like hard work?

Derp, if you want to preach, you've got to put in the work.

• Love 13
On 05/10/2017 at 11:48 PM, SMama said:

He is her son. 

• Love 1