Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Boycott the specials. Show TLC you will not tolerate the Duggars exploiting Jill and Jessa.

Are they really being exploited though? Jill, Jessa, Derick and Bin are all legal adults perfectly capable of working 9 to 5 jobs. They'd rather sustain themselves through love offerings and tv money. I'm truly sorry for what Josh did to his sisters, but I think Jill and Jessa are okay with airing their dirty laundry if it means the gravy train keeps chugging along. Purely my opinion, I know mileage varies.

• Love 13
Derick looks like something out of a horror movie in this picture.  Yes, I'm going to hell for this.

You ain't going alone.  The more time goes on the worse this guy looks.  The less-talented-than-she-thinks-she-is Jill is probably cutting his hair, not only to save money, but it would be horrible if he should venture out by himself to a barber shop without her.  I think other than using the restroom she never lets this dolt out of her sight.  This famewhore job he signed up for is wearing him out whether he realizes it or not.  I don't feel a bit sorry for him, not after the cat business and continuing on with their filming.  

Boy would I give anything to know what goes thru his stepdad's mind, because it's pretty apparent he ain't drinking the kool aid.    

Edited by CherryMalotte
  • Love 13

Derick looks like something out of a horror movie in this picture. Yes, I'm going to hell for this.

She's gone private, but she's using what I think is that awful pic in which DDD looks like drunk Lurch. I know a lot of it can be chalked up to shadows, but his face is so lopsided. Can't blame that on lighting.

• Love 2

Well, but it's just a photo snapped by a very rudimentary camera in extremely bright sunshine. It's not going to give nuances of shadow or true colors or anything. It's going to look harsh and rough because of the nature of the photo. I actually think Jill looks pretty good there. I like it better when she braids the hair and doesn't have it all hanging down around her face. And, to me, that's one of her prettier angles and smiles.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

Is that the Guatemalan version of Pistol Pete on Jill's shirt? It looks like it says Pete on it along with the Nike swoosh.

No, it's the Oklahoma version.     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol_Pete_%28Oklahoma_State_University%29

With Izzy and Spurgy growing up surrounded by Oklahoma and Arkansas Uni paraphernalia, respectively, pretty much non-stop, it's hard to see how their parents are going to discourage them from wanting to attend regular colleges.

Edited by Churchhoney

I thought Jill looked way more attractive than Jessa in the special. The HD was extreme!

Jessa's skin looked scarred really badly and if I'm not mistaken, gf needed some NAIR.

I thought she did as well. Jill is very pretty when her hair is blown out and properly styled.

• Love 2

The poor guy looks simply awful. He can't help that of course, but still.......yikes.

They both have crows feet around their eyes, they are too young to have them.

Is there something wrong with Izzy's eyes? Just the same with wee Splurge, who seems to have trouble.

• Love 2

Just moved an altered picture of Derick to the Goofy thread. Please don't forget that we have the Goofy thread for this kind of thing.

That wasn't an altered picture of Derick.  It was a straight-up headshot of the guy who played Jaws from The Spy Who Loved Me.

• Love 7

Recently, we've been getting a few reports and PMs asking us to tone down some of the nastiness directed at the Duggars. An example would be some of the comments made about Derrick's appearance, which he has limited ability to change.

The PTV site administrator has told the mods on multiple occasions that we are not 'the nice police,' and so we generally leave these posts despite the requests to delete or modify them. However, we have decided that we want to make a statement, which is that we'd like everyone to be considerate of your fellow posters. That may mean that you put certain people on ignore because they've got a sense of humor that annoys you, but you're going to live and let live. Or it may mean that you post certain things in the Goofy thread, which is a space for being wilder and more outrageous.

There is a difference between snark and cruelty. Keeping it on the snark level by not succumbing to rage and hate is the way to go on here. The mods do appreciate the fact we have a good group of posters on here. Sadly, the Duggar clan and the scandals can cause many types of emotions to come out. It has been a long hard road on here since the molestation scandal came out in May. The mods would like once again to thank you for your patience and consideration.

So I was thinking of soliciting donations so I could stay home and "work". I'm going to print up all kinds of creative tracts stating "Love thy neighbor" and hand them out at the grocery store, and leave them with my tips at restaurants, and invite a few 'locals' over for dinner.  I figure I'll need about $50,000 a year to do this needed hard work.

My goal won't be peace on earth. It will be to build up an army of folks who think like me.

You guys in? 

• Love 18

So I was thinking of soliciting donations so I could stay home and "work". I'm going to print up all kinds of creative tracts stating "Love thy neighbor" and hand them out at the grocery store, and leave them with my tips at restaurants, and invite a few 'locals' over for dinner.  I figure I'll need about $50,000 a year to do this needed hard work.

My goal won't be peace on earth. It will be to build up an army of folks who think like me.

You guys in?

Wait, wait, I'm sure you meant to leave those tracts as the tip. Paris is expensive

• Love 10

Don't know if this has been brought up before but has anyone wondered if the Dillard's Donors are paying for Derick's bad surgery?

I've wondered about that myself. That kind of work is expensive.

Even the insurance is kind of expensive. Wonder if he had been planning on using his Walmart insurance.

Don't know if this has been brought up before but has anyone wondered if the Dillard's Donors are paying for Derick's bad surgery?

Apparently the surgery and braces were done while Derick was employed at Walmart, so his insurance likely picked up the tab.

In terms of where we are now, I'm sure Derick and Jill have themselves listed as employees of their non-profit, so if they purchased insurance for themselves, then yes, their donors are footing the bill. Quite a nice scam they've got going, eh?

• Love 5

Probably not the first surgery, as he was still employed at the time.  I'm sure his co-pay was paid when Jill had the C-section, so unless there was a separate co-pay for everyone on the insurance policy, Derick probably didn't have to shell out for that on his own surgery.  As for his meds and follow-up visits, who knows?

I'm a bit more concerned about future surgeries, since many people who have had a palate expansion say that it's a multi-step process.  If he were 'missionarying' under a legitmate entity, said entity would either carry insurance on the family, or require the Dullards to carry their own policy.  But since Derick and Jill seem to be doing it on their own, I have no idea how their medical needs will be paid for in the future.

• Love 2

If multiple medical procedures fall under the same diagnosis and is the treatment for said diagnosis, sometimes the insurance company will let you charge everything up front in one billing year. For example, when I was pregnant, the doctor charged all my prenatal visits to the insurance company (and got paid) right after my first visit. We settled up co-pays and out-of-pocket payments then too. I got pregnant in September and gave birth in June. In January, I switched jobs & insurance companies but the old company still honored all the payments covering January-June since that transaction was complete. The actual birth and everything after was covered by the new company.

So it's possible if Derek knew that he would be quitting Walmart that he lined everything up to pay for the extra appointments and surgeries in advance. He'd still have to pay out of pocket for any extra stuff and probably any quack shack visits in Guatamala, but the US stuff would be covered.

What worries me the most is if they don't have insurance and Jilly thinks everything is going to be a-ok with the next pregnancy so of course she doesn't need prenatal care. Or to give birth in a hospital in a foreign country......

• Love 2

I know I have a very small mouth, but don't remember exactly the diagnosis. As a child, I had numerous permanent teeth pulled. At least 8 at one time. It wasn't all that traumatic. I feel so lucky now that my parents made sure all that work was done then and not now!

• Love 2

This Counting On sneak peek makes me irrationally mad at Derick. It's 50 shades of subtle misogyny that Derick gets to continue attending language school at an actual school while Jill has to stay home with a tutor while she cares for their spawn. She literally says that she misses being able to attend school...

Why can't they both be educated at home (and save on paying the rate for two teachers)? Why can't they take turns going to school/staying home with the tutor? 

Ug. I can't with these people. 

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/exclusive-jill-duggar-dillard-reveals-182600132.html

Edited by Guest

This Counting On sneak peek makes me irrationally mad at Derick. It's 50 shades of subtle misogyny that Derick gets to continue attending language school at an actual school while Jill has to stay home with a tutor while she cares for their spawn. She literally says that she misses being able to attend school...

Why can't they both be educated at home (and save on paying the rate for two teachers)? Why can't they take turns going to school/staying home with the tutor?

Ug. I can't with these people.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/exclusive-jill-duggar-dillard-reveals-182600132.html

The whole thing is gross. The sole reason they have any donors is due to HER fame. Now she is essentially a stay at home Mom because her husband can't watch their child for a few hours while she goes to a class alone or get a babysitter.

Besides, didn't they justify their trips back as first a scouting mission, then a short stay for the language school, and now a longer mission stay? Why are they still in the school mode?

• Love 4