Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
13 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I don't get the graham cracker thing.  Did Cdilla come and do it with them or just send them the crackers?

I think the in-laws are practicing covid safety. And I was guessing, Graham - Grandma - Mima.

Edited by GeeGolly
48 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

DA2A0EF0-7A3F-4E3A-A7BE-401B6C3402D6.jpeg

This is one of the least reputable, most wide-swinging-and-missing, most amounts to nothing sites on the internet.  Very silly. Also there are other unmarried ones who could speak out. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Quof said:

Good grief, plastic cutlery and bottled water while dining at home.  Can't be bothered to wash dishes for a family of 4? 

I'd give young kids plastic knives to spread icing on graham crackers, too.  They're less dangerous.  They could have brought water bottles back from VBS.  We don't see them with commercial water bottles every day I don't think.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Just buy a tv already 🙄

Or a big monitor. I don't have a TV b/c I don't have cable. I have my laptop hooked up to a large second monitor and if I want to watch a video or something, I'll put it on that screen.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Or a big monitor. I don't have a TV b/c I don't have cable. I have my laptop hooked up to a large second monitor and if I want to watch a video or something, I'll put it on that screen.

Not arguing, but they have mentioned Dave Ramsey and this is an example of living within their means.  The boys don't know any difference.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, fonfereksglen said:

Not arguing, but they have mentioned Dave Ramsey and this is an example of living within their means.  The boys don't know any difference.

Sure they do. Mima has a TV. So do their friends. They've watched stuff on much larger screens. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sure they do. Mima has a TV. So do their friends. They've watched stuff on much larger screens. 

Yet another reason not to spend on a tv or larger monitor?   And I doubt the boys care.  Most kids are now doing school work and watching videos on tablets or phones!

• Love 7
(edited)
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm surprised that Cross Church is holding VBS. They seem to err on the side of caution.

lots of the churches in my area are doing the virtual version of VBS. you pick up the crafts/activity bags and themed snacks and watch a video or live stream thing in your own home.  That seems to be what Izzy and Sam are doing.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 20
15 hours ago, Nysha said:

I don’t have cable either. I bought a $10 antenna to watch the news. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

6F17CF8A-317A-4F31-AC07-3165C552E40F.jpeg

50BBA98C-9BE6-4761-BCCB-A8E8C43673BA.jpeg

0BDFA40D-A36E-404E-8701-66793B013BD9.jpeg

There go all the naysayers who swore Jill wouldn't get medical attention via allergy testing for her son.  She apparently has more sense than most fundies when it comes to healthcare, bad childbirth decisions aside.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

"See. we eat vegetables!"

Just because the veggies are in the cart for the photo op doesn't mean they won't get replaced with Tostitos, gummy bears and canned pudding by the time she gets to the register.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

When I was teaching Kindergarten, I had a child show up with shoes on the wrong feet (not uncommon, actually).  He refused to change them because "my mother put them this way".  Guess it was a busy morning at their house.  The funniest was the kid that showed up with two left shoes.  One was obviously a larger size than the other.  Turns out his older brother had two rights that day.  They both had new shoes the next day.  Maybe Sam is dressing himself.  Or maybe it is the angle of the picture.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Jill isn't the only one not to have a child size mask in her possession.

I mean, it’s not like she has a family that is just churning out masks...

• LOL 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, anna0852 said:

The doc office might have insisted on using a mask they gave out. My physical therapist had me switch my cloth mask for a disposable they gave me.

Probably, the hospital where my dad had a test done gave did the same thing. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It seems to me, Jill likely showed up at the Doc's office with no mask for Izzy and they gave him one. You can't take all the Duggar outta the girl.

I took my daughter to the dentist on Monday. We're halfway there and I ask if she has her mask. She forgot it. The dentist's office has a box of disposable masks in the entry. 

She's 20 and is good about masks. But she had taken a sedative in preparation for having her wisdom teeth extracted. Sometimes we forget things.

I'm not going to judge Jill for this. Maybe she had one for him but the doctor's office had the patterned child size ones. Impressed that he appeared happy to keep it on even in the store. 

• Love 21

Are Arkansas schools opening in person? I am sad for Izzy because he was supposed to start actual school this fall and may have to stay home. Then I felt sad for Izzy because his state may force him to risk the health of his family by going to school in person.

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure they'll send Israel to school if the governor opens it. If they're planning a vacation to the Texas coast I don't think they're too concerned about COVID. 

• Love 6

Jill knows all she has to do is post a picture of her in shorts on the beach and everyone will fall all over themselves congratulating her on her vacation from...something.  I would think there would be a lot more hotel rooms and rentals open since less people are vacationing this year. For commonsense reasons.

I agree they will make Israel go to school, since Derreck is going to have his son be Pistol Pete someday, no matter what.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

FWIW, in my rural Arkansas county, the school districts are giving parents the option of complete remote learning for their children if they don't want them in classrooms. They have to sign up for it ahead of time for it, but the schools are also offering Chromebooks and mobile hotspots to students who don't have devices or internet access at home and the option for students to have paper assignments delivered to them (not sure the logistics on that) if they still can't get internet with the hotspots. I thought that was really commendable of them since internet access is an issue around here and would be a factor. 

I have also seen that Bentonville, which is a rather well-to-do school district, has also given parents the option for completely online courses. I don't know for a fact, but I assume the other major NWA districts (Rogers, Springdale, Fayetteville) will also follow suit. So, the gist I'm getting is that a lot of the school districts are trying to give parents an option to not have their kids in class if they don't want them there. 

I know some folks around here, though, who have to work and don't have anybody to watch their kids for them. They're really torn because they don't know what to do. 

• Useful 15
  • Love 3

Here in Fairfax County, VA, our school is going to be completely virtual for the fall semester at least. We start Sept 8. I hope that Izzy attends public school in some form. That will be a big step for Jill. And Izzy will benefit from a real education, instead of home fooling. 

• Love 14