Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

What I always found interesting about Jill is that she would invite people out to her church or make posts encouraging people to find a church. The Duggars attend a church that is closed off from the public I believe  (I think it was at their house at one point?)

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, VioletWitch said:

What I always found interesting about Jill is that she would invite people out to her church or make posts encouraging people to find a church. The Duggars attend a church that is closed off from the public I believe  (I think it was at their house at one point?)

Yes, that stuck out to me as well.  At one point she and Derick were even posting that visitors could find them and sit with them if they were coming alone or afraid of taking the plunge. I remember thinking that was kind of risky considering their followers range from those who hate them to those who might be a little too obsessed. I can’t see any of the other Duggars extending an invitation like that, if they have I’ve forgotten about it.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

That was fine in grade school but once I hit puberty and everything got greasy I was probably pretty gross. It took several months of pretty severe bullying to get me to pull my hygiene up to snuff, and even then I had to ask my mom to buy face wash and deodorant for me to use. And my parents were pretty good overall. Jill had cheap, communal products, shitty parents, and a household ethos that seemed to be “Just cover the blemishes up with makeup“ rather than “take care of your skin so the blemishes don’t develop in the first place.”

As to the broader point about common sense, I think sometimes we forget that Jill is literally just now learning how to be an adult. It’s been a steep learning curve. I choose to applaud her for the progress she has made (making new friends, going to new places, putting the boys in public school, using birth control) rather than focus on the backwards steps that have come along the way. I really think she is trying to be a good friend, mom, wife, and person. Even her religious posts don’t bother me. She’s not preaching hellfire and brimstone or being pushy, just sharing part of her life that is important to her. I get the sense that out of all the married girls Jill has the most compassion and love for others. Jinger and Jessa preach about it but I think Jill really feels it.

I’m sorry you had to go through that- puberty is hard enough as it is and that kind of bullying can be really brutal. 

I do think Jill does have a big heart and compassion towards others- first just look at how much her buddies loved her and vice versa, and what we have seen of her when she’s interacted with strangers. I think Jana performs out of duty and obligation, Jill out of love and compassion (not that they both don’t have a little og each and neither are bad). 

I think Jill wants approval and validation for something other than caregiving (and I don’t blame her), you’re right she has taken a lot of steps forward. I never expected her to leave the show. 

• Love 19

Jill has a riviting insta-story about organizing the boys clothes. Did you know you can put clothes in a storage container and label them with masking tape and a sharpie? She also was asking for the "best DIY sunless self tanner."

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Madtown said:

Jill has a riviting insta-story about organizing the boys clothes. Did you know you can put clothes in a storage container and label them with masking tape and a sharpie? She also was asking for the "best DIY sunless self tanner."

Not just put them in one communal closet by size?! Mind boggling. 

Self tanner: Not Orange

• LOL 5
55 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

C6EECB0D-89B7-44D2-9519-F78208659124.jpeg

3 thoughts on this pic

1 - it is so normal and not preachy. no glowing tribute to michelle etc

2  dang Jill has been dusting - top of the piano is  so shiny

3 - did Sam just grab a friend out of the freezer?

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
On 5/3/2020 at 9:31 PM, Temperance said:

Not to get too off topic, but "mema" prounced me-ma is common among German speaking folks.  The internet offically says Oma for grandma, but Germans we've known have found Oma and Opa(grandfather) too close in sound and use Mema and Opa.

I know Cathy probably missed her grandsons, but they should be social distancing. 

As a German living in Germany I have never heard that before. At least in Southern Germany I only know of Oma and Opa (or Omi and Opi) and have only heard Meema on TBBT. 

Are the social distancing rules in the US still not allowing contact between different households? 

I think it's sweet to see how much the boys love their grandparents. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Dirndl said:

As a German living in Germany I have never heard that before. At least in Southern Germany I only know of Oma and Opa (or Omi and Opi) and have only heard Meema on TBBT. 

Are the social distancing rules in the US still not allowing contact between different households? 

I think it's sweet to see how much the boys love their grandparents. 

Every state has different restrictions. Most states allow gatherings of 10 or less, but it's not really recommended. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Every state has different restrictions. Most states allow gatherings of 10 or less, but it's not really recommended. 

Plus if each family is truly quarantined they can go between another family that is truly quarantined.  Thats how we go between our house and the sick son's

• Love 10
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 9:43 AM, lookeyloo said:

Plus if each family is truly quarantined they can go between another family that is truly quarantined.  Thats how we go between our house and the sick son's

This is true, but we know Derick is out delivering Grub Hub with Jill and the kids riding along; so we know they haven't truly quarantined.

• Love 7

I have been watching my neighbor get grubhub deliveries daily for the past few months.  It's not unusual to see 2 people in the car, one driver and the other who gets out and makes the delivery to the door.  I have no idea if this is allowed by the company or not, but it happens. 

• Love 3

Eh, it doesn’t bother me that she didn’t post a picture of both. Maybe that was the only good picture she had that day. Maybe Israel didn’t want to take a picture. She posts Israel a lot so I don’t think it’s a favoritism thing. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

Eh, it doesn’t bother me that she didn’t post a picture of both. Maybe that was the only good picture she had that day. Maybe Israel didn’t want to take a picture. She posts Israel a lot so I don’t think it’s a favoritism thing. 

One of my grandson has times when he just is not into having another picture taken. It’s not a big deal to me, either.

i don’t actually watch this show and don’t follow any of them on social media. But I did watch the video of Israel going to register for kindergarten. MAN, he is adorable! 

• Love 4
On 4/6/2020 at 3:27 PM, Gweilo said:

Happy Birthday Israel! 

Looks like Jill made more of an effort for him and his special day, than Michelle and JB ever did for their children. 

Nothing about him being a servant of God or anything, either. Maybe she did that elsewhere. 

• Love 1

So after basically ignoring the Dillards for the last year or so they're all coming out of the woodwork to wish Jill a happy birthday? Passive-aggressive warning to stay in line or an attempt to appease their fans who can't understand why the best parents in the world would shun their daughter?

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Nysha said:

So after basically ignoring the Dillards for the last year or so they're all coming out of the woodwork to wish Jill a happy birthday? Passive-aggressive warning to stay in line or an attempt to appease their fans who can't understand why the best parents in the world would shun their daughter?

I think it's like some sort of weird fundie standoff where they're like "We'll pretend to be nice to you on your birthday if you'll get your husband to stop spouting off about us on Twitter and endangering our sacred cow show he got you kicked off of." 

• Love 6

Likely both. 

So, I recently found out that my sister takes her 2 year old and her 10 month old to ride along with daddy while he delivers for one of those services (i can't remember if it's grubhub or doordash or ubereats).  I just cant with any of these people.

• Love 1

@ouinason, even if there wasn't a pandemic and a general warning that children 2 and under should stay home even when the stay is lifted, I cannot think of anything two toddlers would want to do less then be strapped into a carseat while daddy delivers take-out dinners for strangers. 

• Love 18

I can see an occasional ride along with daddy if mom had one of those days, or if it's a late shift and a car ride helps get the kids to sleep. I can't see it during a tornado warning or a pandemic.

• Love 20

Has this already been discussed? I’m worried that Israel’s kindergarten will be online or very limited or even cancelled this Fall, and that he won’t end up going to public school after all. Jill and Derek will see it as some sign from God, or they’ll just change their minds, or don’t want to risk his health, etc.

27 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Has this already been discussed? I’m worried that Israel’s kindergarten will be online or very limited or even cancelled this Fall, and that he won’t end up going to public school after all. Jill and Derek will see it as some sign from God, or they’ll just change their minds, or don’t want to risk his health, etc.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Israel will still partake in public school, just because education appears to be very important to Derick, and he had a public school experience. In fact, I think all of Derick's schooling has occurred through public institutions (even post-secondary). It's not like Jeremy who had more of a mix of home and public schooling.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

I'm cautiously optimistic that Israel will still partake in public school, just because education appears to be very important to Derick, and he had a public school experience. In fact, I think all of Derick's schooling has occurred through public institutions (even post-secondary). It's not like Jeremy who had more of a mix of home and public schooling.

I agree. Derick will have the boys in a classroom when a vaccine is available. He must've gotten a good look at his brothers-in-love. You don't look like a good lawyer when our kids can't string together a coherent thought.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

There's not been an announcement on schools yet. Even as other stuff is opening up, they seem to be being very cautious on that. The only date I have heard is not a reopen date, but an absolute no graduation ceremonies before July 1, with the insinuation that could be pushed back if need be. I've not really heard anything for the fall one way or the other. 

• Useful 9