Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I've been scarce because we moved too! We spent last week driving 4 days straight with 3 kids and a dog. Currently in our new home. Spent the last couple of days putting away our meager belongings. All we have for the moment is what we could carry in our van and truck. God only knows when we'll get our stuff delivered. We've rented furniture, including a living room set, TV, kitchen table and chairs, and beds for everyone. Sorry, no pics of me making stupid faces, or my children stuffed into one room. 

Derelict looks creepy in the pic of him at the table. Poor Sam. He's all alone over in the corner. Smh. 

Did the military do the packing and moving for you?  I was in the military a long time ago and while it was great letting them pack and load the truck, it did take a while to get my stuff!  Hopefully, they are quicker nowadays!

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t know why Derick bothers posting anything. Most times the people replying argue with each other, and maybe 2% of the replies are what Derick would consider positive.

Because he thinks he is so great and special, and everyone wants to know what he is doing or thinking.

1 hour ago, louannems said:

Did the military do the packing and moving for you?  I was in the military a long time ago and while it was great letting them pack and load the truck, it did take a while to get my stuff!  Hopefully, they are quicker nowadays!

Yup.. TMO came and packed and took everything. It takes forever to get your stuff. On our last move it took 3 weeks. I fear it may be a lot longer this time. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Do they even make MP3's anymore?

Yes, they do. I am quite possibly the last person in the U. S. to still use an MP3 player. I'm a podcast addict, and I don't like listening to "my stories" on my phone, so I load them onto a cheap little MP3 player from Walmart. It can be slipped into my pocket or clipped to my clothing--super convenient for use while exercising, doing housework, etc.  I also use cheapo wired earbuds. No $150 Airpods for me.

• Love 11

I have to admit that regarding the kids' bedroom and office I would do the same. I mean I would have bought a bigger house if I had known I needed two bedrooms for the kids and one office. However, if it weren't possible I would have put the boys in one room and used the other one as an office. As a student you need a room to study in peace (at least I did) and I don't consider that as selfish but necessary. I also like it when children close in age share a room in the early years. I did the same with my sister and my parents had a big house and everyone I know who has kids does the same still in this day and age. I don't like Derick at all and I am weirded out by almost everything they do but this is one aspect of their life where I am totally on their side.

• Love 14

I think some people find it more odd to put the kids in the same what looks like a very small room since the exterior and the kitchen match the four bedroom model.  But maybe they are planning a new arrival in the next year and think the boys should stay used to being in the same room.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Reminds me of the show Major Dad when they moved across the country, and it took forever for their stuff to arrive. Good luck with everything. Just be glad the Duggars were not around to help you.

Has it been at least four years? Is he seeing an orthodontist? I bet he is not taking care of his teeth and braces like he is suppose to. Maybe God is telling him something by keeping his braces on for a long time.

Loved that show, Major Dad!!

• Love 3
(edited)

I don’t think there is anything wrong with the boys sharing a room, but I think that chair is too bulky for the room. The boys could have more space and Jill and Derick could do more to make the room nicer for the boys if they removed the chair or, if Jill wants a chair for breastfeeding or something, at least put a smaller chair in there. 

ETA: Not that I think Jill and Derick care about making the room nice for the boys. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 5
(edited)

It is really crazy how different he looks. He wasn't bad looking before. It has to be hard to wake up and see yourself looking so much worse every day.

I hope he does use his law degree to go after whoever did that to his face.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

It is really crazy how different he looks. He wasn't bad looking before. It has to be hard to wake up and see yourself looking so much worse every day.

The real problem is that the smile is not genuine.  I would say that the expression coming from his eyes is like that of a lizard, except that I like lizards.  There is something cold and creepy there.

• Love 16
(edited)
9 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Hmmm... I do not think it the blame should go to the dentist and other doctors who the work. Part of the medical care and/or treatment is also on the patient. If he is not willing to met his medical team half way, then he needs to step up and do his part. Just like Jill who seems to think she is a medical expert, but in reality, she could not save someone's pet rock from falling apart.

Edited by bigskygirl
11 hours ago, lulu69 said:

Too bad his tolerance, compassion and sanity have also fled.

In his defense, he never had those qualities to begin with.  Can't miss something you don't have.  

He might want to make an appointment with Dr. Jill and have his Adam's apple looked at.  It appears to be quite large.  

Mr. Six bought himself AirPods for work.  He's in a cubical farm with 35-40 people.  I would guess at least 75% of them have AirPods.  He uses them every day (podcasts) and loves them for business trips.  He actually bought me my own pair for my birthday last year.  I use them every single day, so I feel like I've gotten my use out of them in the last 6 months.  Are they necessary?  Absolutely not.  Are they nice?  Absolutely.  Are they worth it?  Depends on who you ask, but we would say yes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I've been scarce because we moved too! We spent last week driving 4 days straight with 3 kids and a dog. Currently in our new home. Spent the last couple of days putting away our meager belongings. All we have for the moment is what we could carry in our van and truck. God only knows when we'll get our stuff delivered. We've rented furniture, including a living room set, TV, kitchen table and chairs, and beds for everyone. Sorry, no pics of me making stupid faces, or my children stuffed into one room. 

Derelict looks creepy in the pic of him at the table. Poor Sam. He's all alone over in the corner. Smh. 

Good luck with settling in!  Did you all move for a job?  Sounds long distance!  Hopefully you scrawled verses on the beams before you moved in, right?  And hashtagged the moving company?   

20 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Freaky looking creep. *shudder*

What a scary photo.  Seriously, I gasped when this huge creepy grimace showed up on my screen!  I usually read the forums on my phone, so seeing it huge on my laptop was startling!

9 hours ago, Barb23 said:

What is it with the Duggars & their ilk having to show us their teeth? There's John David & his cheesy grin & now Deretick (love the name.)  Please pass the brain bleach!

Pesonally, I love Derdick.  Derelict is a close second!

Edited by awaken
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, awaken said:

Good luck with settling in!  Did you all move for a job?  Sounds long distance!  Hopefully you scrawled verses on the beams before you moved in, right?  And hashtagged the moving company?   

What a scary photo.  Seriously, I gasped when this huge creepy grimace showed up on my screen!  I usually read the forums on my phone, so seeing it huge on my laptop was startling!

Pesonally, I love Derdick.  Derelict is a close second!

I always think of Bewitched and Endora's various names for Darrin.  Durwood was my favorite.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I have AirPods too.  My kids got them for me last Mother's Day. I use them every day and I think they are great.  Not sure I would have bought them for myself, but I was very happy to receive them as a gift.

Maybe Jill got her first pay cheque from Citrus and Lemon and bought her husband a gift. Or maybe he got them for Christmas or his birthday.

As much as I dislike him, the fact that he has a pair of AirPods doesn't really bother me.    

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I have AirPods too.  My kids got them for me last Mother's Day. I use them every day and I think they are great.  Not sure I would have bought them for myself, but I was very happy to receive them as a gift.

Maybe Jill got her first pay cheque from Citrus and Lemon and bought her husband a gift. Or maybe he got them for Christmas or his birthday.

As much as I dislike him, the fact that he has a pair of AirPods doesn't really bother me.    

I agree.  I have a few luxury items that I have saved for because I only buy quality.  I know that it is easier to get free android products than Apple but I have a tablet and Samsung gear that I did not have to pay for.  I'm not going to call out dreck for the airpods especially when he and Jill are now homeowners with no discernible income.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, awaken said:

We moved because my husband was transferred. North Dakota to Virginia.  I forgot to do all those things. I'm ashamed. 

• LOL 14
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

We used movers when it was work related and paid by the government. Sorry, tax payers! Anyway, they packed the small basket I had for dryer lint, lint and all! I was removing United stickers forever.

When we moved a couple moves ago, we were unpacking. We found a box that stunk to high heaven. Upon opening it, we discovered our trash can. Complete with trash from our old house, including chicken bones and 2 dirty diapers.  🤮

We've got a collection of stickers. We've kept from each move. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Complete with trash from our old house, including chicken bones and 2 dirty diapers.  🤮

If I didn't know better, I'd think Jessa was one of your movers! 

That's seriously gross, though. Ugh. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Zella said:

Hahahaha, I can just imagine jessa packing up her dirty diaper collection and moving it with them to a new house, setting it up on the dresser, and instagramming it in her new house pics!  

• LOL 10
14 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Do people really pay $150 for airpods?  I'd lose them on my way to check the mail.  Give me some nice foam cushioned headphones that are connected to my MP3 every time.  Do they even make MP3's anymore?

I'm even worse.  I prefer my music to come out of REAL headphones connected to a physical stereo (and I don't like wireless headphones) with my 100 disc CD player.  My tuner died last week & last night my son had to give me a crash course on how to use my phone to play music thru a set of wireless bluetooth headphones.  Needless to say everyone laughed as they watched & I fought it tooth & nail.   My tuner went into the shop (trying to find a shop to work on a stereo tuner was an adventure itself) today. 

To bring it back to Muffy and her 150 lb talking asshole, I bet he's wearing some knock off pods.  His face, teeth, jaw are becoming very Picaso-esque.  Sliding right off his face. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Derick and Jill seriously remind me of Steve and Teri Maxwell a lot of the time. Steve and Teri also have wireless earbuds so they can list to sermons and Christian books while they walk. 

Edited by Temperance
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Derick and Jill seriously remind me of Steve and Teri Maxwell a lot of the time. Steve and Teri also have wireless earbuds so they can list to sermons and Christian books while they walk. 

"Can't hear you over this Christian book, Steve!"

• LOL 12
10 hours ago, Zella said:

They are told to pack everything. And they mean everything. I thought the trash was taken out before the movers came. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

@ginger90  I was just coming back over here to post that!   Great minds think alike. Does she seriously believe she doesn’t have time to shop with the boys?  What on earth is wrong with this family?  It takes them weeks to move, she can’t shop and needs quick and easy brown slop dinners.   No one works!!!!   What the actual eff?

Edited by tabloidlover
Spelling is important
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
(edited)

Try shopping with your husband who runs off as soon as you turn your back, and you have to run all over the store trying to find him.

Sorry Jill, but you are not the first mother in history who had to take her kids while shopping. She is probably bent out of shape because one of her siblings are not there to help her  take care of her children.

Edited by bigskygirl

How will her kids ever learn to behave in public if she never takes them out?  Not that it matters to her since she lives in a bubble.

I think grocery pickup is a great service for busy people.  Jill doesn't fall into that category.

• Love 21

53 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

But, IMO the preorder and pickup grocery thing is a great invention. I can't fault any mother of young kids - whether it's one or two or more - for using it. Including Jill. You don't have to unload the kids at the store and then get everybody buckled up in the car after you're done. You don't have to load the car and then try to get the shopping cart back into the rack while the kids are already in the car. You don't have to sweat it if the kid's tired or fussy, at least you're just dealing with it in the car - and not out in the aisles of the grocery store. 

I believe a lot of mothers of young kids are doing the preorder/pickup thing, and more power to them.

It also helps if you've got a mobility issue and don't fancy hiking the long distances to get around Walmart or a typical supermarket. Those places are big!

I hate to give Jill credit, but IMO this is really no big deal.

I totally agree. I hate shopping. I hated it when my children were young and I hate it now. I also love, love, love that I can have anything and everything delivered right to my door!

• Love 14

Wow, I'd think a walk around Walmart might be good her and her kids.  Granted, I use grocery pickup too (I'm not busy, just hate going into the store) but I always get out and help the person load my car.  I've been doing it fairly regularly for over a year now and twice I got two huge bags of samples and occasional some cold bottled water.  If they ever start charging for it, it will be worth it.

• Love 4

Her sons, especially, could probably benefit by whatever exercise they could get.  Being stuck inside the house with Jill most of the day must be horrible for them.  I hope they fence their backyard and put in some play equipment.

• Love 16

Mama’s Oatmeal Cookies

May 2, 2019 | Recipes | 0 

These cookies have been a favorite for a long time (especially for my dad and brother, Joe)! Israel and I had a cookie baking day today in our new kitchen and we had to make some of these! 

Makes 3 dozen cookies

1 C. butter (softened)

1 C. brown sugar

1 C. white sugar

2 eggs

a splash of vanilla or almond extract

1 t. baking powder

1 t. baking soda

1/2 t. salt

2 C. flour

3 C. oats (quick oats or rolled oats)

Mix all ingredients together. Form into balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Press ball of dough down a little on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 min. Let sit 5-10 min. Enjoy! 

Note: You can also freeze this dough and bake later! Just divide into thirds, place in gallon ziplock bag and smoosh into a log shape at the bottom of the bag (width should be slightly smaller that the size you want your cookies to be). Roll bag around cookie log and place in freezer. When you’re ready to bake, just peel the bag off, slice, place rounds on cookie sheet and bake! (You will need to bake a little longer since dough is frozen.)

BF6F0A6D-5305-45AD-9307-270AF1B79D49.jpeg

98B2F110-92B9-4B64-889E-E05F258766FF.jpeg

5DCF9766-21B5-4F7F-8AAF-4F601E748144.jpeg

56F7CDAF-908F-470B-8D9C-EB465244047D.jpeg

• Love 1

Why is Sam on that rolling stool again? That's going to end up as a trip to the Emergency Room one day. 

Standard oatmeal cookies are beige, so Jill got the color scheme right on this effort. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15