Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, awaken said:

All I can think when I see his hateful, angry, and pointless tweets and photos is, what an ugly, ugly person. Inside and out. I’d never want anything to do with a faith that turns out people like that. 

I think this is likely why he had to go about finding a mate the way he did. No way would he have been able to find a long-term girlfriend, let alone a wife, with his nasty personality the usual way. I'm sure he was on his best behavior during their initial talks and courtship, but another cult-belonging, courtship-believing female, having more sense than Jill (who, in addition to being extremely sheltered, is also quite a bit dimmer than the average person), might well have passed him up.

Edited by graefin
  • Love 16
8 minutes ago, graefin said:

I think this is likely why he had to go about finding a mate the way he did. No way would he have been able to find a long-term girlfriend, let alone a wife, with his nasty personality the usual way. I'm sure he was on his best behavior during their initial talks and courtship, but another cult-belonging, courtship-believing female, having more sense than Jill (who, in addition to being extremely sheltered, is also quite a bit dimmer than the average person) might well have passed him up.

Yes- Jill despite being dim and clueless has a kindness and empathy to her. I think had they courted as long and Ben & Jessa did she would’ve passed him up because his nasty attitude would’ve turned her off. 

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes- Jill despite being dim and clueless has a kindness and empathy to her. I think had they courted as long and Ben & Jessa did she would’ve passed him up because his nasty attitude would’ve turned her off. 

But does Jill see it as nasty? The entire Duggar clan has a rather higher-than-mighty sarcastic attitude. I wouldn't be surprised if much a what Derick posts originates during conversations within the family. He just takes it to another level and continues to post. The Duggar 19 were (are?) always careful to say everything with an even tone and a smile, while qualifying this is what works best for them. Derick goes straight for the rant.

• Love 14

Jill looks nice.

9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Do you all think the Duggars look forward to going to church, like others look forward to going to the movies, etc? Or is it an obligatory task like doing laundry?

I'd imagine they enjoy it. These kids don't go to school, play sports or have jobs, so church is probably the only time they get to socialize.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

But does Jill see it as nasty? The entire Duggar clan has a rather higher-than-mighty sarcastic attitude. I wouldn't be surprised if much a what Derick posts originates during conversations within the family. He just takes it to another level and continues to post. The Duggar 19 were (are?) always careful to say everything with an even tone and a smile, while qualifying this is what works best for them. Derick goes straight for the rant.

You make an excellent point. I’m not sure but there’s a mean spiritedness to Derrick I just dont see in Jill (not even in Jessa). I don’t see Jill as the type to attack (verbally or physically) a person even though she believes they are destined for hell etc. I could see Derrick (in another life with out Jesus etc) as one of those men that killed Matthew Shepard, or some who attacked a disabled person after a few drinks- he seems full of self hatred he turns outward. I could be wrong of course. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Do you all think the Duggars look forward to going to church, like others look forward to going to the movies, etc? Or is it an obligatory task like doing laundry?

I would hope they look forward to it.   When church becomes too obligatory,  I take a break.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

Jill looks pretty good here. Her hair looks good in a braid, and Izzy looks happy. Derwood looks creepy as usual. 

And bravo to @mynextmistake for the latest post! Brilliant! 

Jill has to post every mundane activity they do like she is still a TV star! I'm sure Jill misses being filmed terribly and this is her way of not being forgotten by her TV adience.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

You make an excellent point. I’m not sure but there’s a mean spiritedness to Derrick I just dont see in Jill (not even in Jessa). I don’t see Jill as the type to attack (verbally or physically) a person even though she believes they are destined for hell etc. I could see Derrick (in another life with out Jesus etc) as one of those men that killed Matthew Shepard, or some who attacked a disabled person after a few drinks- he seems full of self hatred he turns outward. I could be wrong of course. 

Hell, I'm not even sure I see it in Josh, even though Josh is an ass. Derick is more offensive whereas the other Duggars tend to be defensive.

38 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Is Jill the only Duggar who has that gummy smile?

Although she's affiliated via marriage, Lauren has it too, but I actually think Jill has a better smile than Lauren.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jill has to post every mundane activity they do like she is still a TV star! I'm sure Jill misses being filmed terribly and this is her way of not being forgotten by her TV adience.

And she has a cadre of leg humpers commenting on how much they miss the Dillards on the show. No wonder Derelict is such an entitled, insufferable asshole.

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

If Derick's teeth move any further to the right of his face, he'll be talking out of his ear.

If you look at old (pre-orthodontia) photos of him, his teeth have always been off center like that. I feel like if the braces haven't addressed that by now, this is always going to be how his teeth are. For some reason, it seems like whenever any of the fundies we talk about get braces, they still end up with fucked up/malaligned teeth, with the exception of Jinger (I don't think Jana ever had braces?). Both Jill and Joy's front teeth are "out" (which could be the result of not wearing their retainers after their braces were off); David and Priscilla Waller had adult braces with no discernible (to me) difference in their smiles afterward; Sierra Dominguez had braces as a teen (although I supposed she wasn't fundie then) and still has obvious misaligned upper teeth. Do they all go to hacks, or what?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, graefin said:

If you look at old (pre-orthodontia) photos of him, his teeth have always been off center like that. I feel like if the braces haven't addressed that by now, this is always going to be how his teeth are. For some reason, it seems like whenever any of the fundies we talk about get braces, they still end up with fucked up/malaligned teeth, with the exception of Jinger (I don't think Jana ever had braces?). Both Jill and Joy's front teeth are "out" (which could be the result of not wearing their retainers after their braces were off); David and Priscilla Waller had adult braces with no discernible (to me) difference in their smiles afterward; Sierra Dominguez had braces as a teen (although I supposed she wasn't fundie then) and still has obvious misaligned upper teeth. Do they all go to hacks, or what?

Jana had braces in the first special, when she was about 14. The only older Duggar daughter I don't remember having braces is Jessa. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, madpsych78 said:

Jana had braces in the first special, when she was about 14. The only older Duggar daughter I don't remember having braces is Jessa. 

Jinger and Jana have the best smiles. Also, Jill's eyebrows are weird :P

• Love 1
On 11/22/2018 at 4:42 AM, Chicklet said:
On 11/22/2018 at 2:26 AM, GeeGolly said:

Need to confess, no cranberry chutney at our Thanksgiving table. We have cranberry out of the can, can rings and all and I enjoy every bite!

I love that canned stuff with a passion, specially on a turkey sandwich. I'm sure Duggars don't even know cranberries come in any other form.

I'm having canned cranberry for dinner tonight. But I'm making my own dressing/stuffing whichever. And brussel sprouts yum.

This is where the Duggars/Dullards lose. It's not that they eat canned cranberry or boxed mashed potatoes, it's that they only eat canned, boxed, or frozen food. If they showed a video of Derick peeling potatoes, Jill mixing stuffing, and Israel shelling peas, nobody would bat an eye about the canned cranberry or Green Bean casserole with Cream of Mushroom soup. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

They probably LOVE going to church because it feeds their egos. I'm sure that they strut in, acting like they own the place, expecting everyone to make a big fuss over them. And because they're "celebrities", enough people probably do fawn over them and give them the attention they crave. Of course, there are probably others at the church who are fed up with them and give them the old stinkeye, but those people are always easy for them to ignore.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Jill looks pretty good here. Her hair looks good in a braid, and Izzy looks happy. Derwood looks creepy as usual. 

Jesus Christ his teeth are so off center. He looks like he’s in a funhouse mirror. And that’s the most forced smile I’ve ever seen on Jill. 

Edited by FakeJoshDuggar
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Jesus Christ his teeth are so off center. He looks like he’s in a funhouse mirror. And that’s the most forced smile I’ve ever seen on Jill. 

At least she's not doing that stupid surprise face raised eyebrow thing she does. 

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

At least she's not doing that stupid surprise face raised eyebrow thing she does. 

That’s the only way she can show any emotion. They’ve been paraded around most of their lives being ordered to smile, I don’t think any of them can distinguish any natural emotion. 

39 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

That’s the only way she can show any emotion. They’ve been paraded around most of their lives being ordered to smile, I don’t think any of them can distinguish any natural emotion. 

• Love 7

Jill has a live video in her Instagram stories of them all in the car on their way to church. It's the same scene as the photo she posted. For a change, she asks Israel, "do you have anything to say?" and gets a semi-interested response from Sam when she asks him if he can say "hi."

Derick is in the driver's seat sitting as if he has a stick up his ass. I've never seen anyone assume this sort of hypererect posture when driving, but maybe I haven't observed enough drivers?

Screenshot_20181125-174333_Instagram.jpg

• Love 2
5 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

His eyes look manic.  If I passed him as a stranger on the street, I honestly would be fearful of him.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, graefin said:

Jill has a live video in her Instagram stories of them all in the car on their way to church. It's the same scene as the photo she posted. For a change, she asks Israel, "do you have anything to say?" and gets a semi-interested response from Sam when she asks him if he can say "hi."

Derick is in the driver's seat sitting as if he has a stick up his ass. I've never seen anyone assume this sort of hypererect posture when driving, but maybe I haven't observed enough drivers?

There’s not one thing attractive about that asswipe, on the inside or out.

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

There’s not one thing attractive about that asswipe, on the inside or out.

1 hour ago, graefin said:

That's photo just sent a chill up my spine he looks very creepy to me.

• Love 15

And they are stuck “under his umbrella of protection” until the asswipe dies. How sad to live in a world without choices. We all make mistakes, and should be permitted to rectify them.

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

His eyes look manic.  If I passed him as a stranger on the street, I honestly would be fearful of him.

His left eye looks, well, crazy. Honestly, and I feel bad for saying it, his whole face looks like a cruel Photoshop joke. Marriage wrecked him in every way possible. It's sad.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

His left eye looks, well, crazy. Honestly, and I feel bad for saying it, his whole face looks like a cruel Photoshop joke. Marriage wrecked him in every way possible. It's sad.

I don't know that it was marriage, per se...for all we know he was well on the way to this state and the early months of his marriage actually slowed it down. 

There's just something "off" about him. And this coming from someone who was pretty firmly in the "they are just a bit out in the crunchy granola hippie realm, but basically pretty sweet if you leave them to their own devices" mindset. 

Jill seems to still be pretty much in that same mindset (in a sort of clueless way), but Drek is drifting pretty rapidly into something completely else...I think Jilly still adores him in the same half-baked way she did when they first met, but he is morphing into someone truly frightening. She just doesn't have the intellectual tools she needs to spot it.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 22

He looks so different in the selfie one and in the livestream and the one of him behind the wheel. Scary looking man. I showed my SIL, who isn't familiar with the Duggars at all, and she thought I was showing her a picture of some wanted serial killer. 

• Love 8

It could be the tiredness of the holiday and holiday travel (UGH!), but isn't Derick sitting in the passenger seat in the upright dead person pic?  

The church pic is just creepy.  He's looking deranged, and Jill looks like a Stepford wife.  I'm a little surprised Izzy was included in the actual pic, and she had to point out that they didn't forget their favorite Sam.  

• Love 7

Jill continues her delusion that a car ride is IG worthy. Her lack of awareness is astounding. Maybe she sinks deeper into the look how happy we are rabbit hole the more Derick decompensates.

• Love 14

Jill, like me, thrives on positive reinforcement and praise. If that had been in the form of her schoolteachers or noncrazy adult role models during her childhood, she really could have done something well with her life. 

But alas, it was her parents who were her role models and they gave her praise for the wrong things.

Edited by Gweilo
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, sixlets said:

It could be the tiredness of the holiday and holiday travel (UGH!), but isn't Derick sitting in the passenger seat in the upright dead person pic?  

The picture is backwards for some reason. 

• Love 3
On 11/23/2018 at 3:18 PM, ginger90 said:

Well the Dillweeds have finally done it---they have posted a picture of a food item I can actually recognize, no wonder Derick has such a vice grip on it, it's the only real food items he's had all year that wasn't smothered, seasoned and drowned in Cream of Anything soup. 

• Love 21
12 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I don't know that it was marriage, per se...for all we know he was well on the way to this state and the early months of his marriage actually slowed it down. 

Marriage, to a Duggar, slowing down mental decline? Nah. But I'll agree he's likely always had these...tendencies.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Marriage, to a Duggar, slowing down mental decline? Nah. But I'll agree he's likely always had these...tendencies.

Haha! Fair point! I guess I just meant that, at least in the early days of his marriage, I think he was actually happy, thus those tendencies were a bit less manifest for a time.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Haha! Fair point! I guess I just meant that, at least in the early days of his marriage, I think he was actually happy, thus those tendencies were a bit less manifest for a time.

I think that first, what, month and a half, before Jill announce the pregnancy was pretty good. He had a devoted virgin wife, a good job, fame, free McMansion, and a decent income stream. Then Joshgate, DA, Dental Surgery, and Jazzgate hit, and he remembered he's an assholish loser. He's got the 'bad seed' aspect that Josh (and JB & Jeremy) seems to have. It's a shame, they all could've been nice, productive people if raised in a good environment. Instead it's all sickness and dysfunction, forever. I hope that month and a half was worth it, Derrick.

• Love 19