Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Catfin said:

That's vile! 

Yea, pretty much how I view Smugger - sex addict, cheating on his wife, smug expression, over weight, sex with multiple women - that's why I suggested him.  Personally, he makes my stomach churn and my skin crawl

Edited by DragonFaerie
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

It's like a lost sibling on a sitcom. Chuck Cunningham on Happy Days. Judy on Family Matters. Who's Fonzie and who's Urkel?

Laura Demaisie.

4 hours ago, jennblevins said:

If I didn’t know any better, and I bothered to think about it, I’d look at that picture and see, from left to right:

- Polyamorous group of 4

- Straight couple

- Lesbian couple with toddler

- Single guy with baby

- Gay couple

... the funny thing is, I’m pretty sure TLC would air that show, too. 

Especially those last three! I can totally see it!!!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh Cathy, never stop. I had to respond to her nationalism, reminding her that ALL athletes make tremendous sacrifices to be at the Olympics, including HOT TONGAN in his bobsled. 

I have to say, I was having several hundred defrauding thoughts about Hot Tongan during the opening ceremony.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Am I the only one who sort of likes Jinger's outfit? It looks like something I'd have worn when I was still young and thin. Of course, that was in the early 80's and maybe it was in style then? I don't know...I don't pay too much attention to fashion as a rule, so other than the big hair and shoulder pads, both of which suited me (I have naturally curly hair and very narrow shoulders), I don't recall any particularly iconic 80's look.

Anyway, I like the color combination, and would be more prone to wear that outfit than any other in the picture. But with Jana's shoes.

I don't think it is all that bad, really. My comment about JB forcing her to wear it was a comment on how covered up she is compared to the not-at-all scandalous amount of skin she shows on Instagram.

I was also cracking myself up because of my post in the JB and Michelle topic, imagining a male audience member asking JB for advice on controlling his married daughter's wardrobe.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Maybe it is the wine, but Ron Jeremy hanging out with the Duggars sounds like it would be hilarious. 

Misslindsay, I need some of that wine - my brain went to one of those celebrity house specials, and to see part of the Duggars and Ron Jeremy locked in a house for a week- LOL.  I'd watch that.

But I'll need more wine.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

If we do recast it - I would like to suggest in the role of Smugger - Ron Jeremy.  

I would keep it simple. “The role of the Duggars is now being played by the Bateses.”

• Love 13

It looks like Izzy and Sam should be in bed. Why do these idiot people think it's ok to drag small children 'out' with them at night time events? I don't think those kids have any type of healthy lifestyle for their ages. Those boys will never attend school, any school outside of their own homes. None of them have any idea what it's like to have an organized day/nighttime life. You wait and see...no school for Izzy. He'll never be Pistol Pete 3.0.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Maybe it is the wine, but Ron Jeremy hanging out with the Duggars sounds like it would be hilarious. 

I loved the friendship that developed between Ron Jeremy and Tammy Faye Bakker Messner when they were on The Surreal House together. Jim Bakker is still a total grifter creep though.

• Love 21
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh Cathy, never stop. I had to respond to her nationalism, reminding her that ALL athletes make tremendous sacrifices to be at the Olympics, including HOT TONGAN in his bobsled. 

Hmmm.  There COULD be gay or lesbian people on the team.  Or, shudder, transgender people on the team.  How will Cathy or her waste of a human being son know who to really cheer for?  There could be Jewish people or Muslim people or atheists on the team. I hope they did a thorough background check on each and every participate to make sure they are the right kind of person. Slippery slope here 

God could have blessed the wrong kind of person with the determination, ability and strong work ethic it takes to get to the Games.  And what if the athlete's hard work pays off and they achieve their goals?  Then what?  

But it must be comforting to know that if the  Olympics ever allows interpretive dance as event , Derwood is a shoe- in.

ETA:  I'm watching the opening ceremony. I hope Cathy covered her ears during the performance of Imagine. A godless song if ever I heard one.  No heaven or hell. People living together in peace.  Why I never.......

Edited by toodles
  • Love 23
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

This is a total WTF. Yes, I know that this will be the biggest shining moment they will ever have again, but they seem to think that there will be more. Okey doke. 

Too bad she didn’t make the post about what night to shine is. Nope it’s about her, Derick, Israel and of course Samuel on the floor.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Who's Fonzie and who's Urkel?

I guess if anybody in this group could claim to be Fonzie, it would be Jeremy, although that's really an insult to Henry Winkler. I'll bet he's got a leather jacket in his closet that we haven't seen yet. As for Urkel...there's just too much competition.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Too bad she didn’t make the post about what night to shine is. Nope it’s about her, Derick, Israel and of course Samuel on the floor.

If you google Tebow's foundation, there is a video of last year's Night to Shine. It is a prom for children with disabilities age 14 and above. It shows the kids preparing, putting on fancy dresses and tuxes, getting flowers etc, all things that would occur at a high school prom. The participants walk or are pushed in wheelchairs up  the red carpet, while the volunteers applaud. 540 churches in the US and 16 in foreign countries sponsored a prom. They all took place last night. If I knew how I would post the video, because there is a clip of them dancing. The kids looked like they had fun.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, TresGatos said:

I loved the friendship that developed between Ron Jeremy and Tammy Faye Bakker Messner when they were on The Surreal House together. Jim Bakker is still a total grifter creep though.

I also loved that friendship.  The producers tried to manipulate it so that Tammy Faye would go ballistic, but as a true Christian woman, she kept her cool. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, toodles said:

Hmmm.  There COULD be gay or lesbian people on the team.  Or, shudder, transgender people on the team.  How will Cathy or her waste of a human being son know who to really cheer for?  There could be Jewish people or Muslim people or atheists on the team. I hope they did a thorough background check on each and every participate to make sure they are the right kind of person. Slippery slope here 

God could have blessed the wrong kind of person with the determination, ability and strong work ethic it takes to get to the Games.  And what if the athlete's hard work pays off and they achieve their goals?  Then what?  

But it must be comforting to know that if the  Olympics ever allows interpretive dance as event , Derwood is a shoe- in.

ETA:  I'm watching the opening ceremony. I hope Cathy covered her ears during the performance of Imagine. A godless song if ever I heard one.  No heaven or hell. People living together in peace.  Why I never.......

There are several openly gay people on the US Olympic Team.  Adam Rippon, a figure skater, has said he will skip the team reception with the US delegation lead by Mike Pence, citing Pence's support of conversion therapy and anti LGBTQ stance.

Gus Kenworthy is also gay and on the ski team and has also been critical of the decision for Pence to head the US delegation.

Somehow, I don't think Cathy would approve.

• Love 19

It's interesting to me how the adult children still on Counting On (and not only still on it, but actually elected to continue doing the show) had generally been the quieter or more soft-spoken Duggar kids during the specials and 19 Kids, with the exception being Jessa and possibly Josiah. In contrast, JB and M as well as the adult children who were more outspoken on the specials/19 Kids (i.e., Josh, Jill), are not on Counting On. Granted, they aren't off the show due to their own outspokenness (e.g., it was Derick's outspokenness, not Jill's), but it is still interesting nonetheless.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Really Cathy...I thought it was my brain, heart, and lungs are the reason behind my next breath and heartbeat. Silly me! I guess I should not use my CPAP machine at night anymore, take the medications I am on to help keep my entire body running smoothly as possible, and not have anymore medical appointments, procedures, or tests.

Now I know why my eyes have been bothering me so much lately. It is probably due to the constant eye rolling from reading her and her Derelict son's social media manure.

6 hours ago, TresGatos said:

I first read that as "Jim Bob is still a total grifter creep though," and I thought, of course he is! Duh! Then I realized it said "Jim BAKKER." 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, bythelake said:

If you google Tebow's foundation, there is a video of last year's Night to Shine. It is a prom for children with disabilities age 14 and above. It shows the kids preparing, putting on fancy dresses and tuxes, getting flowers etc, all things that would occur at a high school prom. The participants walk or are pushed in wheelchairs up  the red carpet, while the volunteers applaud. 540 churches in the US and 16 in foreign countries sponsored a prom. They all took place last night. If I knew how I would post the video, because there is a clip of them dancing. The kids looked like they had fun.

And I know about that because you told me, not because SOMEONE WHO WAS THERE and POSTING ABOUT IT bothered to mention anything but HER and HER FAMILY.

• Love 20
7 hours ago, floridamom said:

It looks like Izzy and Sam should be in bed. Why do these idiot people think it's ok to drag small children 'out' with them at night time events? I don't think those kids have any type of healthy lifestyle for their ages. Those boys will never attend school, any school outside of their own homes. None of them have any idea what it's like to have an organized day/nighttime life. You wait and see...no school for Izzy. He'll never be Pistol Pete 3.0.

I've never actually seen much of the Duggars on tv, but I think this night-and-day-are-irrelevant thing-no-matter-what-age-you-are has been the longstanding family tradition, hasn't it? I seem to recall either hearing about or seeing instances where Duggar kids just fell asleep on the stairs or in a corner. No particular bedtimes. I guess for all the Duggarlings, including the married ones, this is just the norm that they've always known.

That seems nuts to me, but I also kind of see how you might get into those habits if nobody in the family went to a regular job or to school.  Without any externally imposed routine or expectations, I suppose you could all too easily let little slipups in the schedule slide more and more -- no impetus to fix them -- until there was no schedule at all. Partly explains their grazing eating habits too, I suppose. If nobody ever goes to bed or gets up at consistent, working-world-type times, the meal schedule would likely collapse right along with the sleep schedule, I guess. (especially if it were helped along by a major disinclination to fix actual food, on the part of the supposed housekeepers)

And actually, with the possible exception of Austin, nobody who's married in so far has all that much in the way of external schedule constraints either. We saw what happened with the Dullards when Der did. And right now, Jer may have the most, but it also looks as if he may actually have no regular out-of-the-house responsibilities except on Sunday morning either.

So unless some Duggarling wakes up to the fact that their family's traditional way of life is nutso and unhealthy, they may not get much pushback from any of the spouses. .... I wish I had faith that some Duggarlings would decided to change it up and believe in bedtimes and getting up times. But I wouldn't hold my breath for it. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The liberals did it, the liberals did it!

What an oxymoron... a "reality" show which follows a non-reality. "Transgender" is a myth. Gender is not fluid; it's ordained by God. 9:42 PM - Aug 2, 2017

I pity Jazz, 4 those who take advantage of him in order 2 promote their agenda, including the parents who allow these kinds of decisions 2 be made by a child. It’s sad that ppl would use a juvenile this way. Again, nothing against him, just unfortunate what’s on tv these days. 4:14 PM - Nov 9, 2017

These Tweets are very insulting and are aimed directly at Jazz and her parents.

And I'm certain no one will be taking child protection concerns seriously from a man who wraps his toddler up as punishment and calls his kid a lying manipulator. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 24
5 minutes ago, EVS said:

Dear Derick, 

Here are a few things that I, as a Christian, consider child abuse:

Child molestation.

Hitting a baby for crawling off a blanket.

Beating a child with a rod or any other object for any reason.

Swaddling your toddler so tightly that he can’t move and then taking pictures of him screaming in distress.

Forcing children to raise children.

Here is what I do not consider child abuse: 

Supporting your child and helping them become who they were meant to be, instead of isolating and controlling them.  

I will pray that some day you learn what it really means to be a Christian.

EVS

Say that a little louder for Austin in the back!

• Love 20
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

What an oxymoron... a "reality" show which follows a non-reality. "Transgender" is a myth. Gender is not fluid; it's ordained by God. 9:42 PM - Aug 2, 2017

I pity Jazz, 4 those who take advantage of him in order 2 promote their agenda, including the parents who allow these kinds of decisions 2 be made by a child. It’s sad that ppl would use a juvenile this way. Again, nothing against him, just unfortunate what’s on tv these days. 4:14 PM - Nov 9, 2017

Sorry, @GeeGolly. I know this is Dericks’s tweet but it showed up as a quote from you when I copied it. 

Anyway, who is he to judge Jazz’s parents when his in-laws are using their 19 children to promote their agenda, and that of their cult, and even covered up the molestation of 4 of their daughters by their son in order to promote that agenda.

But I don’t care what Derick is claiming now.  His comments were as much an attack on Jazz as on her parents and the network. 

Edited by EVS
Punctuation
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, EVS said:

Sorry, @GeeGolly. I know this is Dericks’s tweet but it showed up as a quote from you when I copied it. 

Anyway, who is he to judge Jazz’s parents when his in-laws are using their 19 children to promote their agenda, and that of their cult, and even covered up the molestation of 4 of their daughters by their son in order to promote that agenda.

But I don’t care what Derick is claiming now.  His comments were as much an attack on Jazz as on her parents and the network. 

Jazz is a heck of a lot older than most of the Duggar children were during the specials and 19 Kids, so while her parents had to consent to being on TLC, Jazz also had to be involved in this process, especially given her status as an adolescent. I believe that with Counting On the kidults make their own choices about participation, and it's interesting because I feel like there is less emphasis on religion and politics compared to their 19 Kids counterpart which was led by JB & M, so as a result Counting On appears more secular and less controversial but at the same time more boring.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, SMama said:

If Derelict is that concerned about child abuse he should be mindful of the glass circus he joined. Jazz is doing just fine and has involved parents. How about sitting down with Boob and Mullet and ask how could they allow the sexual assault of their daughters by their son, how could they allow it to happen multiple times, how could they have covered up the crime? 

According to Dirty Jesus Jazz is being exploited by TLC. OK, what about his wife and siblings? In his world spending 250K on a vanity senate run while over a dozen children are crammed in two bedrooms, and live off of food left on their doorstep is not child abuse. His wife had to lock herself in the bathroom to eat in order to keep her portion of food. But that is OK because ministry, and Jesus. Derick, SHUT THE FUCK UP! 

Too bad I’m banned because I’d love for him to answer these questions.

This.  ⬆️⬆️⬆️

All this.

It doesn’t matter if you post or not,  @SMama, he wouldn’t answer the questions anyway. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, EVS said:

Beating a child with a rod or any other object for any reason.

Well, you're obviously wrong, since not only Der but Austin and Joy -- otherwise known as The Brain Trust -- pontificated on this ...last week, wasn't it? They -- and all of their wonderful parents -- say that in fact the only way to raise children properly is to do just this. 

I swear I don't know how so much of the world got so much off track when we have all these super-reasonable and highly informed people to lead us. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10

Cathy's condescending post for a favor drips with contempt - I'm guessing for liberals.  Her "conservative christian" brain can't conceive of anyone different from her rooting for their shared country.  She and Derelict prefer to think the worst of those who hold different beliefs from their "correct" thinking.  They really are hateful, close minded people, professing a devotion to a Jesus who would likely be appalled by their attitudes.  

• Love 22
7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

There are several openly gay people on the US Olympic Team.  Adam Rippon, a figure skater, has said he will skip the team reception with the US delegation lead by Mike Pence, citing Pence's support of conversion therapy and anti LGBTQ stance.

Gus Kenworthy is also gay and on the ski team and has also been critical of the decision for Pence to head the US delegation.

Somehow, I don't think Cathy would approve.

All I could think of was her pretending to be disgusted by the sight of Shirtless Tongan! I’ll see myself out. You know Mother was clutching her pearls.  Slinks off to Prayer Closet....

• Love 11