Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If Cathy, Derick and the like spend the time actually going out and really helping others instead of spreading their belief manure on social media think of all the good they could do.

Yup.  And they don't even have to be "missionaries" to do it.  Volunteer at the local soup kitchen.  Volunteer at the local library reading to children - I am assuming that Derick, with a Bachelor's degree could read a children's book.  Perhaps Jill could do the picture books?  Organize a clean up of a neighborhood.  Help a neighborhood put in a community garden, or a local school to put in one, so they have access to fresh vegetables. There are tons of ways out there that they could be helping but they don't.  That might almost be considered work.  

• Love 20

Jill doing the picture books. I do not know why I find the idea of Jill reading books with a lot of pictures in it so funny. They probably would be too afraid of being around others who do not believe the same thing they do. Ignorance and fear breeds prejudice.

16 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I singled out the fundies because of their unique hatred of dancing, which seemed relevant to discussing Twinkle Toes Derick's propensity to trip the light fantastic.  But I hear ya' and completely agree with your point about how widespread and chronic a problem hate and superiority is among the general population. 

Speaking of hate and superiority ...

Don't worry, Arwen ... God won't let anything happen to Cathy.  He has singled her out for special treatment.  She doesn't need compassion from mere mortals.  Which is why I don't plan on showing any for her.  Well, not much, any way.  I wouldn't wish illness on anyone, not even her...

You have such a way with words!  Guffawing here in my office!

I wish Cathy a healthy life.  My mom died of cancer and I wish that on no one.  Maybe being Dickweed's cheerleading squad has taxed her sensitive system.  She probably needs LESS stress in her life so sticking up for a failed to launch gasbag like her son may be too much.

• Love 7

I’m guessing Joy and Austin  will be next to go. I think Austin will say or do something to reveal what I suspect are his true colors.

Edited by EVS
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

And here goes Judgey Mc Judgerson again...

Isn't it great that Cathy is so special, she knows what kind of Christian God wants, and guess what, it's her kind of Christian. That's the only kind who will get into heaven. She doesn't mention people of other faiths, or atheists. I guess they are doomed to the fires of hell.

I believe in God, but my beliefs are personal. I have never tried to persuade anyone to think as I do. I know many people who have no religious beliefs, but they do more good works than the whole Duggar tribe put together.

The Duggars and their adjuncts are judgmental and self righteous. They have never have done one kind  thing for their fellow man, but yet expect us to believe that their way is the only way, and the right way to get into heaven. 

God is a lot smarter than they are, and I think when they reach the pearly gates, they will be in for a rude awakening.

• Love 15
46 minutes ago, EVS said:

I’m guessing Joy and Austin  will be next to go. I think Austin will say or do something to reveal what I suspect are his true colors.

I think you're right.

I also think the LEAST controversial couple is/will be JoKen.

1 hour ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

So now that Jill and Derick aren’t on the show do the siblings simply pretend there is no Jill?  It makes me wonder. Not enough to watch, but...

13CB4667-47A4-49C7-B348-840ABD8A9F87.jpeg

Hey, Jessa isn't wearing The Brown Sandals!

In fact, I actually like all of the girls' shoes.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 6

So this tweet from Kathy is in response to some guy saying "don't let Jesus just be your life coach, let him be your king" or some such whatever. 

This just seems like so much sanctimonious hair splitting to me. Whether you call Jesus your king or your life coach or call him your co-pilot (no no he's your pilot!) ... what a stupid thing to get snooty about. Isn't the idea that you follow Jesus's teachings ?  Are the semantics of how you describe your relationship with him really that big a deal? 

Oh well. I guess if somebody hadn't lobbed Cathy this softball she would have just found some other petty preachy point to focus on to fill her quota of snotty remarks she has to post every day.

It just seems like such a meaningless empty line of discussion, though. I doubt Jesus gives a shit whether you call him your life coach or your king or your pilot.  Just so long as you call him ...

• Love 22
8 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Isn't the idea that you follow Jesus's teachings ?

No, you need to have a personal relationship with him. Then you don't have to do anything else! Saves a lot of work. More time for twitter that way.

• Love 18

JoKen look the most natural. 

Jeremy looks happiest to be in the picture. 

Poor jana! The single guys get to be "funny," but she lamely stands there helping someone else hold their baby. What a slap in the face! If she has to hold a baby, wish she could hold one while Jessa and Bin hold the other. It screams, "jana is half a person! She can hold half a baby!"

• Love 9
2 hours ago, EVS said:

Can they just start re-casting the Duggars? It would make more sense at this point.

• Love 23
14 minutes ago, jennblevins said:

If I didn’t know any better, and I bothered to think about it, I’d look at that picture and see, from left to right:

- Polyamorous group of 4

- Straight couple

- Lesbian couple with toddler

- Single guy with baby

- Gay couple

... the funny thing is, I’m pretty sure TLC would air that show, too. 

Jane and Jessa really do look like a lesbian couple.   Did no one in the family notice?  I think TLC and the photographer did this on purpose.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I think you're right.

I also think the LEAST controversial couple is/will be JoKen.

Hey, Jessa isn't wearing The Brown Sandals!

In fact, I actually like all of the girls' shoes.

But how can Jessa actually walk in those little boots?  There's a one inch gap between the shoe and her heel!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Let's see ... Josh ( and by extension Anna and their kids) have been consigned to the ash heap. Jim Bob and Michelle  are restricted to floating around in the background of scenes like creepy fundy ghosts. Now Jill and Derick and their boys are just chalk outlines on the floor. I wonder who will be next to get the axe. They're dropping like flies over there.

Pretty soon it's going to be down to just poor little Josie scooting on her butt across the counter, pausing to lick up the occasional crumb. 

I hope for her sake the next to go is Jana.  But I  want to see her go out in a blaze of glory, not slink off shame-faced like the others. I want her to be caught up in a fabulous romantic  scandal and tell them to jam Journey to the Heart up their ass when they attempt to send her back for reprogramming. I want to see her blow out of town after cutting off her hair, clad in ripped blue jeans and a tube top, flipping everybody off with one hand and holding a beer in the other. She can steer with her foot LOL

I know, I know. She's probably the least likely to do such a thing. But it would be such an awesome ending to her saga. The thought of something like that happening with any one of the kids is what keeps me going with this show.

Well, in that picture Jana and Joy are showing their knees while the rest remain modest. Very modest, too. Jingle looks like a member of a wagon train. Maybe Jana's gearing up for a sexed-up departure. ;  )

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, in that picture Jana and Joy are showing their knees while the rest remain modest. Very modest, too. Jingle looks like a member of a wagon train. Maybe Jana's gearing up for a sexed-up departure. ;  )

Kendra's and Jana's skirts seem to be the same length.  Joy's skirt looks shorter to me. I like all the girls' outfits, except for Jinger's. 

When did they take this picture? No Lauren, and Joy is still thin enough they can hide her belly.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

That's the worst outfit I've seen Jeremy in yet. Why isn't Jinger wearing something really nice?

TLC must have gone into the reject pile at the What Not To Wear Set because all those clothes are so ugly, shapeless and unflattering.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

So now that Jill and Derick aren’t on the show do the siblings simply pretend there is no Jill?  It makes me wonder. Not enough to watch, but...

13CB4667-47A4-49C7-B348-840ABD8A9F87.jpeg

It's like a lost sibling on a sitcom. Chuck Cunningham on Happy Days. Judy on Family Matters. Who's Fonzie and who's Urkel?

• Love 13
52 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Kendra's and Jana's skirts seem to be the same length.  Joy's skirt looks shorter to me. I like all the girls' outfits, except for Jinger's. 

When did they take this picture? No Lauren, and Joy is still thin enough they can hide her belly.

I think JB forced Jinger to wear that outfit as penance for wearing shorts, sleeveless shirts, and moving away.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, louannems said:

But how can Jessa actually walk in those little boots?  There's a one inch gap between the shoe and her heel!

That's the back of her ankle or her lower calf, not her heel. It looks about how I look in short boots. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

I think JB forced Jinger to wear that outfit as penance for wearing shorts, sleeveless shirts, and moving away.

Am I the only one who sort of likes Jinger's outfit? It looks like something I'd have worn when I was still young and thin. Of course, that was in the early 80's and maybe it was in style then? I don't know...I don't pay too much attention to fashion as a rule, so other than the big hair and shoulder pads, both of which suited me (I have naturally curly hair and very narrow shoulders), I don't recall any particularly iconic 80's look.

Anyway, I like the color combination, and would be more prone to wear that outfit than any other in the picture. But with Jana's shoes.

• Love 9

This is a total WTF. Yes, I know that this will be the biggest shining moment they will ever have again, but they seem to think that there will be more. Okey doke. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

Can they just start re-casting the Duggars? It would make more sense at this point.

Only if the announce it at the top of each episode, "The role of Derick will now be played by........". Now I am spending way too much time thinking who Smugger, Anna, Jill, and Derick's recasts would be.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Only if the announce it at the top of each episode, "The role of Derick will now be played by........". Now I am spending way too much time thinking who Smugger, Anna, Jill, and Derick's recasts would be.

If we do recast it - I would like to suggest in the role of Smugger - Ron Jeremy.  

• Love 9