Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

He's parroting what the overwhelming majority of leaders in his faith say. He didn't make this up. Not in any way shape or form. As always, he's just a parrot. Like this whole Duggar and Dugg-adjacent crew. 

There are many many very influential people out there -- and at the moment many of them have the ears of the White House and majorities of both houses of Congress and, with the ascendancy of the most recent justice, the majority of the Supreme Court -- as well as the ears of tens of millions of Americans -- who consider an "unhealthy" diversity to be one that admits into the "acceptably diverse" crowd people who, in their view, are violating God's natural law. Natural law.  Their conception of it. That's the standard according to which some people are "unacceptable."

And that would be transgender people, certainly, and in the case of many many many many many many many many many of the leaders of Der's (and Jer's and Bin's and the Duggars', etc.) "faith," it would also include at the very least LGBTQ people who participate in gay marriage and, for most of those in this crowd, any LGBTQ people who act on their sexualities in non-heterosexual ways. In the view of this whole group -- which his tens of millions of times bigger than Derick -- these people are in direct violation of God's 'natural law." 

It alarms me -- yet again -- that so many people seem to think that Der's rants are somehow unusual in this country or mark him out as being some kind of individual jerk. If he were just one jerk -- even one jerk with a high media profile -- this would't be a particularly big deal. And isn't it easy to rant on about what a jerk he is? But that's putting the blame on a dumb little marionette for something that in no way shape or form originated with him. 

He's just one little dumb cluck parroting the EXACT SAME stuff, in the EXACT SAME words, that are strongly embraced by a currently very influential crew of American leaders and their tens of millions of a-lot-like-Der-but-quieter-about-it followers. He didn't make any of this up. He's a follower of a mass -- and very powerful -- theology and social movement. 

It's alarming to me that so few people seem to recognize what he's talking about and keep thinking that it's original with him and that it makes no sense to anyone. It's really really not original with him and it apparently makes sense to tens of millions of people. He knows this. He knows that he's part of a vast movement. And of course that makes him feel good and correct. That's why he's able to say these things. He doesn't have the personality of someone who really goes against the grain. He knows that there are people who oppose what he says. But the very large and influential community of which he feels a part -- they are all behind him in his comments. 

There are not enough likes on the planet to state how much I like this post. You have hit it one ole head. Of course he is not the only one I have seen behave like this. I have seen or heard plenty of people with the "herd way of thinking" on social media. They do not want to budge and call you out if you do not go agree with the mob mentality.

The person who thinks TLC is conspiring against the Duggars is even more insane than Derick. Why would they do that after they brought them back from cancellation after a huge scandal?

I wish Sister Wives had baited him, it would have been entertaining to see Kody Brown and Derdick go at it.

• Love 10

@SMama, at the bottom of the page, waaaay down there, there are controls to change the background (moon=dark, sun=light) and size. You may have accidentally clicked or who knows. Internet is weird. But it is fixable, and you can change to your liking. (And that's kinda hard to see. But that row of stuff above the rainbow, that's where you should be looking.

image.thumb.png.49820606bb6380b0e4d7660e1cdd8a64.png

• Love 3

Diversity try telling that to my ancestors who were treated like crap because they were considered half breeds. My grandmother was not considered a citizen even after being born in Montana. My gay cousin and his partner had to sell their business in a small Montana town because some people did not want a gay couple running a business in their town. Sorry Derick you do not know the true meaning of diversity even if it came up and bit you on your self righteous, holier than thou behind. I might pass out from shock if you ever had an original thought in your pea brain.

Btw, is anyone else having problems with the website because I have a hard time reading and typing on here. Maybe it is related to the crazy weather we have coming in since I noticed my internet service acts up when it rains, snows, cold weather or the wind picks up.

20 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

J'chelle was on some show once explaining her theory of potty training. It was all about "obedience." God lets the child know when s/he has to go and the child must put down his toys and obey God's command to go to the potty. It was all very odd -- and I think that even the interviewer was kind of taken aback. I'm sure that Jill is using the same Pearl-based, obey God approach on Israel.

Here's a link to the same spiel in one of their books:

https://books.google.com/books?id=GWSeYWSIBdQC&pg=PA136&lpg=PA136&dq=michelle+duggar+on+potty+training&source=bl&ots=z_NvqQxOkW&sig=hn6W0lhQH6YAgBg3qYgTf-B2O4Y&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwia4dTjh5XZAhVl34MKHctuAr0Q6AEINzAC#v=onepage&q=michelle duggar on potty training&f=false

Pardon me, but I feel that "wiggle" feeling so I better practice my instant obedience to God.  I'll make sure to tell my co-workers so they can clap and know how Godly I am.  

TA DA!!  I'm a big girl now.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, toodles said:

Pardon me, but I feel that "wiggle" feeling so I better practice my instant obedience to God.  I'll make sure to tell my co-workers so they can clap and know how Godly I am.  

We are all SO very proud of you!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, SMama said:

Who the fuck elevated ignorant Picasso Face to Chairman of Diversity? I should post after I calm down and take SGirl to school but in the meantime, FUCK YOU DERICK! When you are denied housing because you are brown you get to talk. When you are stopped driving a luxury car with a vanity plate under the pretense it was reported stolen, just because you are brown you get to talk about diversity. When your US citizen child, with a citizenship CERTIFICATE is denied a Social Security Number/Card because “I’ve heard most Chinese adoptions are not real” you get to opine. When your thirteen year old brown child gets car sick and needs Dramamine for a long car ride but is six feet tall and 170 lbs gets a gun pulled on him on a checkpoint, JUST BECAUSE OF HIS BROWN SKIN AND SIZE, you get to talk about diversity. When on the first day of school, you are brown and waiting at the office and are passed over for your husband who is WHITE, you get to talk. FUCK YOU TO HELL AND BACK DERICK. FUCK YOU! Your fucking mangled face, Wonder Bread, Z Reality TV Star, arranged marriage, Darwinism should have wiped your asshole genes off this earth self DOESN'T get to define diversity. Smug ass, good for nothing, waste of skin asshole.

I apologize for every infraction on the English language on my post. Likewise if I offended anyone on this forum, my rant is solely directed at that waste of oxygen. He just pissed me off. Off to take my beautiful, brown skinned little girl to school. FUCK YOU DERICK.

Man, after this I feel like I need a smoke!  Awesome.

• Love 18

We are expecting a lovely ice storm tonight. I wish I could get Derelict to come here and blow his hot air around to keep the ice from freezing over. I will now head to the Prayer Closet to make we all are safe and cozy before the storm hits.

10 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I thought I read ( in here maybe) that Pistol Pete attended wedding receptions and danced with guests? 

If Derpwad expects people to be so familiar with his Pistol Pete performance repertoire that they should necessarily know that as Pistol Pete he occasionally danced at wedding receptions, then he is even more full of himself than I imagined. 

It’s JB and Michelle who think dancing is evil. Jill has decided to wear pants, a henna tattoo, and a nose ring even though  her parents don’t believe the same.  We can’t assume that Derick believes what JB believes.  

The poster was asking Derrick how he feels about dancing.  I don't read that as an assumption that Derrick necessarily believes what his in-laws believe.  Derrick is part of a fundamentalist religious sect in which many people disapprove of dancing.  I think that was the basis of the question, and it seems like a fair one to me.

We shouldn’t, however, be surprised when he tries to tread lightly about what matters to his in-laws.

Derrick answering the question by making reference to his Pistol Pete dancing days does not feel like an attempt to tread lightly about what matters to Michelle and Jim Bob to me.  Because not only is he suggesting that he is okay with dancing, but acknowledging that he himself has engaged in the activity. 

I think ignoring the question would have been the more prudent response if he was so concerned with offending his in-laws.

Having said that,  I would add that if Derrick truly gave a rat's ass about what matters to Jim Bob and Michelle, he surely would not have put TLC on blast for airing a show about a transgender teen.  That was biting the hand that feeds the whole family - Jim Bob, Michelle, all nineteen of their children, as well as their spouses and their grandchildren.  He didn't show a bit of concern for Jim Bob and Michelle's concerns then, and I doubt he has suddenly developed an overriding concern with their opinion since.

I think Derrick was just being his typical pompous, dick-headed self and had no concern at all for what Michelle and Jim Bob thought of his answer to a question about dancing. He is just a jerk who is recalcitrant for the sake of being recalcitrant, nothing more complicated than that.

If your in laws followed you on social media. You might do the same. 

Oh, lol, I can assure you with 100% confidence that I would be entirely unconcerned with my in-law's reaction to anything ...

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I have NO idea what the obtuse little stick insect is trying to say. 

He’s boring and banal and I am deriding his adolescent attempt to be clever.  He may not touch my monkey.

6334F99F-E013-4944-B366-E683B02FF048.jpeg

A bible personally signed by the author, King James himself ...

44 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

Everybody gets a bible but we're taking them back as soon as the cameras leave.

BAHAHA!  They'll never live it down!!!!

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Buggin said:

Babylon Bee is a Christian satire site but that doesn’t seem far from the truth...how quickly can JB and M get their kids out of the house and married off.

Problem is the kids still can show up even after getting married (Josh, Jessa, Jill, Joy, and Joseph.)

4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

He's parroting what the overwhelming majority of leaders in his faith say. He didn't make this up. Not in any way shape or form. As always, he's just a parrot. Like this whole Duggar and Dugg-adjacent crew. 

You're absolutely right, of course.  I don't know why it infuriates me so to see Dreck repeating the sentiments.  Probably because instead of parroting stupid crap on social media, he could use that time to  - oh, I don't know - play with his kids, or wash some damn dishes, or throw in a load of laundry, or mow the lawn, or GET A REAL JOB AND SUPPORT HIS FAMILY.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

There are many many very influential people out there -- and at the moment many of them have the ears of the White House and majorities of both houses of Congress and, with the ascendancy of the most recent justice, the majority of the Supreme Court -- as well as the ears of tens of millions of Americans -- who consider an "unhealthy" diversity to be one that admits into the "acceptably diverse" crowd people who, in their view, are violating God's natural law. Natural law.  Their conception of it. That's the standard according to which some people are "unacceptable."

And that would be transgender people, certainly, and in the case of many many many many many many many many many of the leaders of Der's (and Jer's and Bin's and the Duggars', etc.) "faith," it would also include at the very least LGBTQ people who participate in gay marriage and, for most of those in this crowd, any LGBTQ people who act on their sexualities in non-heterosexual ways. In the view of this whole group -- which his tens of millions of times bigger than Derick -- these people are in direct violation of God's 'natural law." 

It alarms me -- yet again -- that so many people seem to think that Der's rants are somehow unusual in this country or mark him out as being some kind of individual jerk. If he were just one jerk -- even one jerk with a high media profile -- this would't be a particularly big deal. And isn't it easy to rant on about what a jerk he is? But that's putting the blame on a dumb little marionette for something that in no way shape or form originated with him. 

He's just one little dumb cluck parroting the EXACT SAME stuff, in the EXACT SAME words, that are strongly embraced by a currently very influential crew of American leaders and their tens of millions of a-lot-like-Der-but-quieter-about-it followers. He didn't make any of this up. He's a follower of a mass -- and very powerful -- theology and social movement. 

It's alarming to me that so few people seem to recognize what he's talking about and keep thinking that it's original with him and that it makes no sense to anyone. It's really really not original with him and it apparently makes sense to tens of millions of people. He knows this. He knows that he's part of a vast movement. And of course that makes him feel good and correct. That's why he's able to say these things. He doesn't have the personality of someone who really goes against the grain. He knows that there are people who oppose what he says. But the very large and influential community of which he feels a part -- they are all behind him in his comments. 

Okay than Fuck-you Derick and fuck all those who think they can categorize diversity.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Derrick is part of a fundamentalist religious sect in which many people disapprove of dancing.

I don't think we can fully make that claim.  Derick has never shown that he joined IBLP and the children aren't old enough to go through the sign up for ATI home school material.  He, however, has fully shown us that he joined and supports Cross Church which is a regular evangelical Southern Baptist Convention church.  It is relatively standard issue Southern Baptist which is technically NOT fundie.  Not all denominations/churches that hold some abhorrent to many views are fundie.  That's too easy of an out.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, toodles said:

My wiggle also tells me when to sweetly fellowship myself, or someone else.

Looks like Jesus is poised at Cathy.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, laurakaye said:

You're absolutely right, of course.  I don't know why it infuriates me so to see Dreck repeating the sentiments.  Probably because instead of parroting stupid crap on social media, he could use that time to  - oh, I don't know - play with his kids, or wash some damn dishes, or throw in a load of laundry, or mow the lawn, or GET A REAL JOB AND SUPPORT HIS FAMILY.

Amen. I expect his spokesperson role gives him a big ego boost, wouldn't you think? 

Of course, although I don't think it's true of all clergy, the whole Der, Bin and Jer let's-be-missionaries-and-ministers thing seems mostly about ego to me. So I guess his social-media spouting is pretty much all of a piece with everything else. ... I do think that they've all decided that they're really trying to lead humanity to the light through their "efforts." But that mostly seems like a self-deludng cover story, to me. They all love making pronouncements. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

I don't think we can fully make that claim.  Derick has never shown that he joined IBLP and the children aren't old enough to go through the sign up for ATI home school material.  He, however, has fully shown us that he joined and supports Cross Church which is a regular evangelical Southern Baptist Convention church.  It is relatively standard issue Southern Baptist which is technically NOT fundie.  Not all denominations/churches that hold some abhorrent to many views are fundie.  That's too easy of an out.

Are you suggesting I have unfairly linked Derelict's outrageously hateful, judgmental fundi stank to people who may possibly be slightly less hateful and judgemental than he is? Forgive me, Cross Church!

I guess I am going by what comes out of his mouth rather than by what church he is publicly affiliated with. I hear that familiar fundie hate and superiority in almost everything he says (I hear it in everything Cathy says). 

Speaking of Cathy, her little *accidental* tweet out to the world that she's been to the hospital is one sad cry for attention.  Not fooled Cathy. Not fooled.

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I guess I am going by what comes out of his mouth rather than by what church he is publicly affiliated with. I hear that familiar fundie hate and superiority in almost everything he says (I hear it in everything Cathy says). 

The reason I make a point of it and some others here do also in a slightly different way is that the "hate and superiority" is so much more widespread than just fundies.  People (general not you specifically) terrifically underestimate the the number of more or less normal people who hold these beliefs.  I think to put the not truly fundies under the fundie label is to woefully downplay their impact on society. 

• Love 4
On 2/5/2018 at 8:27 PM, Zella said:

I know some band kids who have gotten some pretty great scholarships. (Not where he went but still.) I taught college comp as a TA and had a student in band who basically made money going to college. Granted, she was really talented and played multiple instruments. 

My youngest is in college on a combination of one band and one academic scholarship (for which I'm extremely grateful). It's totally doable to get through college debt free.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, duggarfan said:

My youngest is in college on a combination of one band and one academic scholarship (for which I'm extremely grateful). It's totally doable to get through college debt free.

That's great!

Yes, it is definitely possible. I was able to do it through scholarships and work-study and then a teaching assistantship for grad school. Not band scholarships, though, because I'm tone deaf! 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Absolom said:

The reason I make a point of it and some others here do also in a slightly different way is that the "hate and superiority" is so much more widespread than just fundies.  People (general not you specifically) terrifically underestimate the the number of more or less normal people who hold these beliefs.  I think to put the not truly fundies under the fundie label is to woefully downplay their impact on society. 

I singled out the fundies because of their unique hatred of dancing, which seemed relevant to discussing Twinkle Toes Derick's propensity to trip the light fantastic.  But I hear ya' and completely agree with your point about how widespread and chronic a problem hate and superiority is among the general population. 

Speaking of hate and superiority ...

12 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I hope Miss Cathy hasn’t had complications or a recurrence.  

Don't worry, Arwen ... God won't let anything happen to Cathy.  He has singled her out for special treatment.  She doesn't need compassion from mere mortals.  Which is why I don't plan on showing any for her.  Well, not much, any way.  I wouldn't wish illness on anyone, not even her...

• Love 22
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:33 PM, ginger90 said:

Perhaps Israel can’t stand to hear Jill say yay, and clap her hands, so he’s not in to potty training. I just hope when he doesn’t make it to the toilet, they aren’t mean about it.

Anyway.........

Ooooohhhh!! Crafty TLC spent millions producing another show just so they could 'bait' poor defenseless Derick into dissing her for Jesus so they could fire him from a contract that undoubtedly allowed them the option to use him or not on the show for any reason whatsoever or no reason.   Of course they did.  Delusional doesn't begin to describe these people.

• Love 20
On 2/8/2018 at 7:25 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Oh my god, I swear ... why can't that douche bag just answer a damn QUESTION?!?!? Just once. Why must everything be a riddle?

She asked you about dancing, not about putting on a stupid plastic cowboy head and stomping around trying to not look like a complete idiot, Derwood. Do you like dancing? Do you approve of dancing? It's a simple question. Mentioning that you were a college mascot isn't really an answer.  Maybe if Pistol Pete danced, I would be able to deduce that you were okay with dancing since you had obviously engaged in dancing yourself. But to my knowledge, Pistol Pete doesn't dance. So mentioning you were once a college mascot doesn't really tell me anything. There is not an obvious similarity between the two activities that makes clear your position on the matter.

I'm sorry, am I nitpicking? I just thought the whole "dancing is ebil" thing sprang from the belief that the human body moving in time to rhythm was all defrauding and stuff, and that is what makes dancing bad. So unless Derrick is of the opinion that putting on a giant plastic cowboy head and a silly costume and strutting around football games somehow equates with wantonly gyrating your pelvis and shaking your ass to a pulsating, driving beat, I just don't understand why bringing up the fact that he was a college mascot is relevant in any way to the question that was asked of him. His response seems like his typical dickish way of non-answering perfectly reasonable questions. 

Why does he insist on responding to people this way?

Because the chicken crossed the road?

• Love 17
18 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I’m going to start using Derick’s strategy to manage all the difficult conversations I have in my own life.

Boss: Do you understand that everyone hates you and we’re only keeping you around because we’re chronically understaffed?

Me: I like butter.

MIL: When will you give up this career girl nonsense and produce another 57 grandchildren for me to terrorize?

Me: Raccoons carry rabies. 

Seriously, I think this could work. 

Take your upvote for the most logical solution ever.

Thanks Dullard!

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I wonder if Cathy's "accidental" tweet was a way to gain sympathy and have people want to send money.

Why is she stressing over expensive hospital visits? I thought God "got this".

And just like a Duggar, she doesn't want to pay the regular price...asking for a senior discount, sheesh.  

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I wonder if Cathy's "accidental" tweet was a way to gain sympathy and have people want to send money.

Why is she stressing over expensive hospital visits? I thought God "got this".

Maybe God said "No" .

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Absolom said:

See Fox News executive suggesting that the US Olympic Committee seeks to change its motto to "Darker, Gayer, Different" based on the US team's roster for the Winter Olympics, suggesting that the African-American, Asian-American and gay athletes are there for political correctness, not that they earned their spot.

See Trump saying that Harriet Tubman was selected to be on the new $20 bill because of political correctness, not for important place in US history.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Ooooohhhh!! Crafty TLC spent millions producing another show just so they could 'bait' poor defenseless Derick into dissing her for Jesus so they could fire him from a contract that undoubtedly allowed them the option to use him or not on the show for any reason whatsoever or no reason.   Of course they did.  Delusional doesn't begin to describe these people.

Tinfoil hats for all! 

• Love 10