Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Everyone got hosed on this deal.

Derick didn't get the sweet missionary girl he was promised, and Jill got an erratic nut-bag who can't hold a job.

Derick Dillard: Chicken or Egg?

Was he an erratic, grifting, nut-bag who married a Duggar? Or did marrying a Duggar turn him into an erratic, grifting, nut-bag? 

I only watched the early specials so I’ve never seen him on the show.  He is a conundrum for me, but an entertaining one, especially his Twitter. 

• Love 14

wow, a husband who shops! I have one who is being a stay at home dad (on long service leave) while I am back at work full time.  We have 3 kids.  Admittedly, he is still getting his head around doing all the washing, but we just moved almost 2000 km and have a house to unpack and 3 kids to go to school.  Once we have finished unpacking, he is going to find at least a part time job to work around the kids, he is on LSL until the end of August :)  If only Derick had the ability to encourage Jill to not only go and get the same standard of education he had, what an amazing example he would be setting for his kids!  

• Love 15

Check out Jilly Muffin rocking out in heels! I can think that this is a first. And it also explains the plane's detour to Austin on it's way to Houston yesterday and its return trip back there about an hour ago. Plane is still in Austin as I type. At least a flight plan back to Springdale hasn't been filed yet. 

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Check out Jilly Muffin rocking out in heels! I can think that this is a first. And it also explains the plane's detour to Austin on it's way to Houston yesterday and its return trip back there about an hour ago. Plane is still in Austin as I type. At least a flight plan back to Springdale hasn't been filed yet. 

Hey, visible knees, too. 

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

She still has to cut her hair, though .... 

Well, one step at a time. Even JIngle hasn't gotten around to doing that yet. But at least a few of them seem to be moving in a more normal direction. And seem to be enjoying it, too. I'm all for that. 

I still think marriage is the best thing for any Duggarling. No matter how odd the spouse, he or she is still unlikely to have the silent stranglehold on the kids that their parents do -- or have so many completely ridiculous rules about behavior, and a spouse at least exposes them to some additional people, who are unlikely to be quite as crazy as JB and M.  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Abstract said:

That has got to be the best I’ve seen those two look since their own wedding.

That's what I was thinking! I was genuinely shocked when I saw it. If you had stopped watching at their wedding, this is what you would expect them to look like now!

• Love 10

#Ittuukulongenough

what?  Did they wait 6 months from the day they met?  How will they ever have 22 kids now?????

Tuuk?  u isn’t anywhere near o on the phone keyboard.  Not a typo...

Go home, Dreck  you are drunk.  On what, I have no clue.  #invaderintheprayercloset

Jill’s shoes are a definite step up.  That is all.  

Isn’t that one of her bridesmaid dresses?  Maybe Dreck’s brother’s wedding?  Kudos to her for being brave enough to sport heels with a knee-length skirt and no leggings underneath.

8 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Why is Jill wearing black to a wedding?  In America, that is the color you wear to a funeral!

I think it’s the navy dress she wore as a bridesmaid in one of the recent weddings. 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Farmfam said:

I've worn black to many weddings, and I wasn't alone. Is that like the "no white after Labor Day rule?" ?

I'm breaking the latter of those rules today. My sweater is kind of ombre from a darker shade of green to light green to white. Oops. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

They look like elf shoes!

I may be the lone wolf here, I like his shoes BUT they are paired with the wrong suit.  It needs a total hipster suit (which would look stupid on this dude).  Just like Jill's heels are paired with the wrong dress.  Points for trying I guess.  Maybe she needs a long weekend with Jinger and a fist full of cash to put together some outfits.  Jill seems to have the desire to dress better (MAYBE) but not the skills to do it.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Isn’t that one of her bridesmaid dresses?  Maybe Dreck’s brother’s wedding?  Kudos to her for being brave enough to sport heels with a knee-length skirt and no leggings underneath.

I think it’s the navy dress she wore as a bridesmaid in one of the recent weddings. 

The bridesmaids wore navy blue dresses in Joy's wedding, and Jill's dress appears to approximate that best; however, she was the matron of honor at that wedding and wore a very different dress from all the other bridesmaids. It's possible she may have borrowed from one of the other bridesmaids (most likely Jinger as she appeared to have the darkest dress), and given that she is taller than most if not all of her sisters, it is not surprising that the dress came to just above her knees whereas it may have been just below the knees for one of her siblings. I don't think it's the dress from Dan's wedding as that dress appears to have a lot of extra detailing going on.

646947.jpg?w=669

Also, I think Jessa is the only Duggar who has not been seen in heels at all. Jana and Jinger tend to wear them the most, but I believe Joy wore heels in Jill's wedding.

• Love 1
On 1/26/2018 at 11:48 AM, sometimesy said:

Maybe chocolate milk is fundy code. Maybe that's how #besthubby signals to the female fundy to hey hey hey. 

thank you now I won't be able to drink chocolate milk without thinking hey hey hey?

• Love 11

#ittuuklongenough is the official hashtag of the wedding. Heaven help me, I did a search on instagram to confirm this. This is a thing now among millennials, couples having an official hashtag that incorporates the groom’s last name into some cutesy pun. So I would guess that Tuuk is the last name of the groom, and everyone who goes to the wedding is supposed to add that hashtag to their posts so that it’s easy to find everyone’s pictures from the event (which is actually the original reason for hashtags, so I can’t knock it too much).

Edited by Abstract
  • Love 8
On 1/26/2018 at 12:48 PM, sometimesy said:

Maybe chocolate milk is fundy code. Maybe that's how #besthubby signals to the female fundy to hey hey hey. 

I think Jill told Derick that if he got her chocolate milk that he could fondle her feet.  I suppose I’d better start heading for the Prayer Closet.

• Love 8

I'm glad his smug, condescending, hatred filled diatribes got him pulled from television.  He can claim it was his decision to leave the show, but he loves the money and spotlight way too much to voluntarily give it up.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I may be the lone wolf here, I like his shoes BUT they are paired with the wrong suit.  It needs a total hipster suit (which would look stupid on this dude).  Just like Jill's heels are paired with the wrong dress.  Points for trying I guess.  Maybe she needs a long weekend with Jinger and a fist full of cash to put together some outfits.  Jill seems to have the desire to dress better (MAYBE) but not the skills to do it.

Well, the plane is headed to Laredo as I type. Jill can palpate Jinge's bump whilst Jinger dispenses fashion advice. Fair trade? Not really; Jinger gets the short end of that stick. 

13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill with the bride (and a few other pictures)

Favorite comment: "Won't Derick be defrauded by those shoulders?" *snicker*

• Love 12
37 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill with the bride (and a few other pictures)

I looked at the husband's Insta and it appears he does the missionary gig just like Derelict, except he's fluent in Spanish and his posts are very respectful of the culture he serves. I'm sure the main goal is still to spread the Kool-Aid, but it appears whatever group he's with actually provides tangible resources that go above and beyond lollipops and banana bread.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 10

The husband went to Alert! But his now wife wore a minidress with tights to see the Nutcracker, so he seems looser with the Gothard crap than guys like stick-in-the-mud Austin. I doubt we will ever see Joy in pants, let alone a skirt that is above the knee. 

• Love 3

Super happy for my bestie. Really Jill are you in junior high. And I notice something scary when I look at Jill. Her teeth looks like mine. Trying not to run outside in the dark screaming!!!

Edited by bigskygirl
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The Dress she wore for Dan’s wedding

BC014F26-9D9A-4584-B8A1-D6ED0CCD929C.jpeg

Everything about this picture is terrible.  

The current wedding pic is so much better. At least Dreck spent some donation cash in new shoes, elfin as they may be. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Exposed knees?? And high, high heels that are so high they could be called 'f-me' heels? DIRTY HOOR!!

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I think it's the light. 

It looks like she’s got gauze or toilet paper in her hose. That dress looks really nice on her. Pity about the chipped nail polish on the mani/pedi. Jilly, you CAN get a polish change in between.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It looks like she’s got gauze or toilet paper in her hose. That dress looks really nice on her. Pity about the chipped nail polish on the mani/pedi. Jilly, you CAN get a polish change in between.

I think those white spots on her fingernails are the reflections from the light.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I think those white spots on her fingernails are the reflections from the light.

I had considered that the first time I looked at it. I looked again and changed my mind. It’s tough to call, but she’s had this bad nail polish thing going on for some time now.

7 hours ago, Mollie said:

Why is Jill wearing black to a wedding?  In America, that is the color you wear to a funeral!

That died out decades ago. I've worn black to weddings. I went to one where the bridesmaids were in black. 

• Love 10