Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I think Jill on some level didn't mind rushing into parenthood as much as Derrick. I get the feeling he had never really spent much time around kids and especially little kids before becoming his son was born. He also probably didn't have a lot of experience with women.  I think he really wishes they had had more time just the two of them, even though they spend a lot of time together anyway.  I think Jill's the one who wanted to have kids ASAP.

I like the hippie look (and hippies in general), but think Derrick looks healthier which is good. Jill is probably relieved to  get home considering how close she is to having a baby and that makes sense.

• Love 3

Geez, Derick is back to looking like shit again!!  He looks like when some software takes 1/2 your face and pastes it onto the other half of someone else's face. Both sides are completely different.

As for Israel being in his own airplane seat, I am sure, being the Giant White baby he is, at about 6 months he no longer qualified to fly on his parent's lap.

• Love 1

So what happens when Dilly Two is born?  I flew once with mine when they were a kindergartner and a two year old.  It was only a three hour flight to Orlando and I wanted to jump out of the emergency exit half way through.  I can't imagine a toddler and a newborn.  

• Love 4
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

So what happens when Dilly Two is born?  I flew once with mine when they were a kindergartner and a two year old.  It was only a three hour flight to Orlando and I wanted to jump out of the emergency exit half way through.  I can't imagine a toddler and a newborn.  

Aunt moms? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

Izzie is no longer a toddler so won't be one when D2 is born, but that's going to be tough flight with a perhaps 2.5 year old and a less than six month old.  They're going to have to give up shoving Izzie to the side so the adults can sit next to each other as they're going to need both sets of hands to keep up with the kids. 

Yes, @Churchhoney, I won't be shocked to see Johanna or Jenny co-opted for service. 

• Love 5

And imagine how great Jill will be at teaching the homeschooled first grader to read and the homeschooled third grader to subtract and divide (especially since she probably is a little rusty on those herself) while the four-year-old, the two-year-old and the newborn are all pulling at her. Talk about wanting to jump out of something. Ditto Jessa, of course. 

Gotta be aunt moms. Even in Danger America.

Of course I don't know how they'll pull it off in DA, since none of the available aunt moms except Jana have aged out of the compulsory-schooling age yet. ... Although I suppose they'll just lie.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

I  understand it i flew with a  1,2,4,7 years old cross country i was lucky enough to have some hair left.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

I think Israel has the anxious look of someone who is has been harshly disciplined/blanket trained, so his behavior is probably better than most toddlers on a plane. The new baby can travel in Jill & Derrick's arms, so for the first couple of visits to CA, that won't be a problem. The problem will come when he has to have his own seat and future Dilly babies come along. Will Jill & Derrick be able to cope with not sitting next to each other on the long flight to CA?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I think Israel has the anxious look of someone who is has been harshly disciplined/blanket trained, so his behavior is probably better than most toddlers on a plane. The new baby can travel in Jill & Derrick's arms, so for the first couple of visits to CA, that won't be a problem. The problem will come when he has to have his own seat and future Dilly babies come along. Will Jill & Derrick be able to cope with not sitting next to each other on the long flight to CA?

Not to mention the expense of buying airline tickets for all these kids-to-come!

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Nysha said:

The will sit in 1st class and the hell with the kids they will sit by themselves in coach. 

• Love 2

My bet is, if the grifting for Danger America pays off, JD will be trained enough to pilot the cheapest plane that will get them to CA. They'll ferry other missionactioners and people from the missionary board to pay for their trips.

(edited)

Not to mention the expense of buying airline tickets for all these kids-to-come!

Think of all the heathen Catholics that could potentially be converted on the 8 hour (?) flight each way!! So, !DONATE! bitches

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

That's when JD and Duggar Air come in to play.  Quick stopover in Laredo and then the jaunt to Danger America.  

18 hours ago, Nysha said:

My bet is, if the grifting for Danger America pays off, JD will be trained enough to pilot the cheapest plane that will get them to CA. They'll ferry other missionactioners and people from the missionary board to pay for their trips.

Yup.  And what a niche market!  "Fly the holy skies!  Be closer to Jesus with Us!"  

Experience air travel fundie style!  Fly round-trip to your missioncation destination without all the evil associated with commercial air.  Non-stop Kirk Cameron movies and free audio feeds of past Keynote speeches from past Big Sandy conferences!  Meal service, including tater tot casserole and pickles, is available family style on flights longer than two hours.  And because no alcohol is served you can fly with confidence knowing you aren't traveling in a den of inequity. 

• Love 19

Izzy's not in a weird spot or pushed off to the side.  Jill has to get up every hour or so to walk around.  She's pregnant and DVT would be a big concern.  You cannot get out of the window seat with a car seat in the middle.  Some airlines won't even let a car seat be in the middle seat because of evacuation issues.  Been there, done that.  Derick's legs are too long to crunch up against the window.  I bet his knees were angled in the aisle the entire flight.

• Love 8
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Yup.  And what a niche market!  "Fly the holy skies!  Be closer to Jesus with Us!"  

I suggest: "Fly the holy skies! Get closer to Jesus with us!" 

That way, when your uneducated pilot crashes the plane and people sue because they've lost their loved ones, you can point to the slogan in court and show that the ticketholders signed up to get closer to Jesus. And thanks to your airline, they're now as close as they can ever get. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 2:49 PM, ginger90 said:

The Dillard's going to church in the "States". Not Israel though, he's with one of the grandmas.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUXO7ASggcX/

On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 2:49 PM, ginger90 said:

The Dillard's going to church in the "States". Not Israel though, he's with one of the grandmas.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUXO7ASggcX/

Turns out it was Cathy and it was for the weekend. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/cldilla/status/866484611144089600?p=v

Ooops didn't mean to have that pic there twice!

• Love 1

Derrick's back to the Dumb and Dumber haircut, I see.

1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

This guy is not their confidant

props to to him making a few bucks selling an exclusive. I'm sure it's more than he got out of Jill and Derrick.

It's not the worse thing about them, but it really angers me how all the Duggar are so loose with the word "friend."

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Nysha said:

As a doting grandma, I don't consider it ditching the kid for them to let Cathy have him for the whole weekend. 

Oh my, I do understand that.  But, I don't think the Dillards' motive was to give Izzy quality time with grandma.  I think it was to get a break from supervising him without any babysitters for three whole months.

• Love 11
On 5/21/2017 at 0:28 PM, Fostersmom said:

Derek looks drugged out of his mind. Who is doing his braces? They look horribly painful and how good of a job can they be doing when he's away from his ortho for so many months at a time?

Hannie.  She watched a Youtube vid ;).  I know when I had braces I got them tightened either every month or 6 weeks.  So he either is ignoring his orthodontia, has one in Danger America, or they are coming back more often then they admit.  I vote for option 1 or 3.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

Derrick's back to the Dumb and Dumber haircut, I see.

It's not the worse thing about them, but it really angers me how all the Duggar are so loose with the word "friend."

They don't know what friends are, so they don't know they're misusing the word, I expect.

In families headed by maniacal control freaks, you're told that "friends" are pretty much anybody you've passed on the street and said 'Morning" to once or twice. They can't risk you having actual friends.

I got into dozens of screaming battles with my nice family members over the years because they kept insisting that they had friends and that I had had friends before I left home. And nobody did. They had been brainwashed -- just like the Duggars have been, I think -- into using the word "friend" in a completely meaningless way. I just couldn't shake any of them out of it. And then once or twice when I kind of did, it made me miserable because they were deeply saddened and hurt when they realized that what I was saying was true. And I wished I hadn't argued so successfully those times. They were miserable enough. I didn't need to tell them stuff that broke their hearts. 

It warps you forever, too. I'm still close to an absolute failure at friendships, even after decades on my own. I just never learned to relate to people on any kind of close basis or any kind of fun basis either as a child. And it turns out it's hard to learn it as an adult. 

It's really depressing to me to see other families do this to people. It's awful. And they look like idiots, too, of course. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14

Izzy being so white doesn't bother me.  I tan pretty well. My son...not so much.  He'll get sunburned - he'll have tan lines, but the next day, he looks like an Irish man from county kildare.  What does bother me is the apparent black eye again.  His seat on the plane doesn't bother me either.  When my family of 3 travel, son usually has window, hubby is in middle, I have aisle - though we'll switch off middle.  I really don't want to look outside when I'm flying anymore, and hubby doesn't like the aisle seat.  Son likes looking out the window.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Lunera said:

Meeeechelle looks high and uninterested and Jill's belly looks lumpy.

Screenshot_20170523-102154_crop_720x715.png

Oh my word!  Michelle looks like she just spent about two hours with a bong and a quarter ounce of the good shit!  Not that I would know anything about that... ;-)

• Love 13

Izzie in the window seat on the airplane wouldn't have caused me to notice as it is the seat where you're asked to put the car seat and gives the kid something to do looking out except we've seen him off to the side in restaurants and church services so it seems it's the preferred Dillard placement.

• Love 2

I don't like skin tight shirts on pregnant woman.  I think something a little flowy looks classier.  I also don't like skin tight shirts on guys with beer bellies.

• Love 15

Michelle's hair is not curled into oblivion. She does look stoned but she looks more attractive with her hair like that. Talking about countenance only - not personality or behavior!  Those are not attractive!

• Love 1

It's perfectly understandable that Grandma Cathy wants Izzy for the weekend.  It's also perfectly ok for the Dillard's to send him there.  I loved it when I got to go to Grandmas as a kid.  I'll snark on lots of things the Dillards do- but not this. Let's be grateful Izzy has a grandma where he's special, not one of the hundred or so that the Duggars will end up with. 

Churchhoney- 

I don't make friends well either. We moved at least once a year( not military, dad couldn't keep a job), and we never brought 'friends' home, or had money to go anywhere. 

That's why I love this forum. 

• Love 14

I don't have an issue with Izzy going to Cathy's but I think Jill and Derrick sent him off because they're sick of dealing with him, not because they care about him spending time with his grandmother. 

• Love 4

Bitter apple- 

true- but I still remember those days when I couldn't even go to the bathroom without toddlers or two year olds wanting to know what I was doing . Even great parents need a break, the Dillards also deserve a break. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

They can't risk you having actual friends.

[...]

It warps you forever, too. I'm still close to an absolute failure at friendships, even after decades on my own. I just never learned to relate to people on any kind of close basis or any kind of fun basis either as a child. And it turns out it's hard to learn it as an adult. 

Friendship isn't easy. At one point, the worst sentence that a friend could tell you was, "I don't want to be your friend anymore!" Hearing that was devastating. Learning to be a good friend takes practice and some trial and error.

No one expects six year olds to be perfect friends, but they are in the process of learning through school and/or other activities. By experiencing and responding to different situations among their peers, young kids are able to learn socially acceptable responses through trial and error. Situations may arise that require comforting friends, offering advice or encouragement, and discussing the mundane and exciting aspects of life. Depending on the child's response to a particular situation, whether if affects them or a friend, they will receive positive or negative feedback from their peers. They can then use this feedback as a reference for how to respond to situations in the future. I am not saying that little kids are always the most reasonable, but they play a role in teaching each other social skills.

Along the way, kids hone their sense of empathy through their exposure to a range of people and social settings. While basically anybody can recognize the expression of emotion, the ability to imagine yourself in someone else's situation and understand how they might be feeling also takes practice. Exposure is key. Interacting with people of all ages and backgrounds provides you with the opportunity to gain a sense of understanding about what their lives are like. You can then utilize that understanding to imagine how you would feel living that particular life and try to relate to other people. However, having a very narrow exposure to the world limits your understanding of different people's lives and therefore your ability to relate to others. 

Damaging one's capacity for friendship and understanding of social norms is just one reason cult environments are so dangerous. They are insular by nature, always keeping to themselves. Particularly with Gothardism, there is no deep social interaction outside of the family and any interaction outside the family is always with those who share the same beliefs. There is no exposure to the "other", who is sinful, ungodly, and thus unworthy of interaction.

It's sad because at a certain point, money and material goods will fail to provide true happiness or satisfaction in life. Our connections and friendships with others are what sustain us on a deeper level. If the cult you grew up in prevents you from having friendships, it also prevents you from enjoying a fulfilling part of life. Yes, trusting someone else is a risk. Deep trust is something to be developed over time. Regardless, the real risk for Gothardites seems to be that someone will either realize all that they are missing or that they will develop too socially similar to the rest of the world in order to remain effectively isolated and dedicated to the cult.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Re the photo above with Me-Shelle and Jilly Muffin:  just looking at that scraggly hair and imagining trying to run a comb through it makes my scalp hurt.  

@farmgal4, I agree about Me-Shelle looking loaded, hahaha!

My hair had got almost as long as Mechelle's is in that photo, and I had about a third of the length cut off. It feels SO much better. I feel like I'm in a shampoo ad. I wish that the Duggar females could experience that.

Perhaps Mechelle is growing and testing marijuana all day, while we wonder what she actually does. Seems from the photo that she's quite good at it.

• Love 6

I don't get Michelle always wearing a watch. She's a stay at home wife, with kids who have no outside obligations and she normally has her phone attached to her hand like a teenager. I'm sure they have clocks in the home and her phone has the time on it.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

They don't know what friends are, so they don't know they're misusing the word, I expect.

In families headed by maniacal control freaks, you're told that "friends" are pretty much anybody you've passed on the street and said 'Morning" to once or twice. They can't risk you having actual friends.

I got into dozens of screaming battles with my nice family members over the years because they kept insisting that they had friends and that I had had friends before I left home. And nobody did. They had been brainwashed -- just like the Duggars have been, I think -- into using the word "friend" in a completely meaningless way. I just couldn't shake any of them out of it. And then once or twice when I kind of did, it made me miserable because they were deeply saddened and hurt when they realized that what I was saying was true. And I wished I hadn't argued so successfully those times. They were miserable enough. I didn't need to tell them stuff that broke their hearts. 

It's really depressing to me to see other families do this to people. It's awful. And they look like idiots, too, of course. 

Ugh, that's awful Churchhoney. I'm sorry. I wasn't even thinking of it from that perspective, but more from the "friends" side of things, of essentially being used by the Duggars as props. But since they grew up not being allowed to have anything but the most passing acquaintance with outsiders, it makes sense that everyone they have a pleasant conversation with is called friend.

• Love 7